Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Don’t buy!

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had even bigger halos but too OTT for me lol. So didn’t take pics. Next time...

Haha yes please!!!! For my sake!

Can we have more pics of that spinel!!!!???

voce

Ideal_Rock
After it’s set k? It’s that orangey pink one that I cannot photograph the color accurately.
Both your spinels are delish, but I love lavender one more. So those are the exact choices for the stones? :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Both your spinels are delish, but I love lavender one more. So those are the exact choices for the stones? :appl:

Oh the lavender one is a slight color change sapphire. Wanted to find a setting for my red spinel but couldn’t find. Next time...

Yes those are the final choices. :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Opinions on these 2 settings pls?

They are growing on me...
0925EAEE-EF80-480A-92D4-E5825F77E190.jpeg
889ADC9F-D97B-4C29-9155-EBBAD8E77E43.jpeg

Does the trillion look too much like superman’s crest with the setting?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Opinions on these 2 settings pls?

They are growing on me...
0925EAEE-EF80-480A-92D4-E5825F77E190.jpeg
889ADC9F-D97B-4C29-9155-EBBAD8E77E43.jpeg

Does the trillion look too much like superman’s crest with the setting?

Ok so I’m off the faux Chaumet thanks to a wonderful voice of reason...

So now this...
BF97C4DB-8CD7-4AB0-BFA6-D8018C954A96.jpeg

Pros...
Full finger coverage
Not pricey (approx $1k)
Instant gratification
No stress associated with custom

Cons
Looks like Superman crest
So-so re halo

How?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've got quite a few rings coming your way so you don't need instant gratification. You keep cracking superman jokes about it I think it'll bother you. Wait for him to bring in more settings.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I’m off the faux Chaumet thanks to a wonderful voice of reason...

So now this...
BF97C4DB-8CD7-4AB0-BFA6-D8018C954A96.jpeg

Pros...
Full finger coverage
Not pricey (approx $1k)
Instant gratification
No stress associated with custom

Cons
So-so re halo

How?
I really like it, but you have to love it!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[QUOTE="icy_jade, post: 4603156, member: 38471]
Cons
So-so re halo

How?[/QUOTE]

Very pretty (despite the funny comment!) -- but the stone is a little rotated relative to the settling, yes? Or is it just the angle from which it's photographed?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You've got quite a few rings coming your way so you don't need instant gratification. You keep cracking superman jokes about it I think it'll bother you. Wait for him to bring in more settings.

It was Wriston who made that Superman comment! After he said that I was like... how to buy?? Wasn’t a connection made by me. Then again if it makes me feel like superwoman maybe it will be ok? Hmm.

Trillions are hard to find readymade. This is already the second vendor I think.

I really like it, but you have to love it!

It’s growing on me...

[QUOTE="icy_jade, post: 4603156, member: 38471]
Cons
So-so re halo

How?

Very pretty (despite the funny comment!) -- but the stone is a little rotated relative to the settling, yes? Or is it just the angle from which it's photographed?[/QUOTE]

Yeah is slightly off cos I just plonked the stone in to see how it looks.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it! But if you are not sure about it then I agree with @mellowyellowgirl you could leave this one for after the others are finished.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So..."its growing on you" and "trillions hard to find"?

Did the superman comment hit you negatively or positively? Seems like negative unless u keep reminding yourself of it becauze you are a fan and would LOVE it.

With pieces you have purchased in the past do you buy them because 'they grew on you'? Or because you initial reaction was "OMG gotta have it!!"

Now 'hard to find' thats interesting! You know of several custom jewelers who can make a trillion setting for your gem. You also know a quality custom piece will alleviate the Halo concern you have this one. And you know custom pieces are sooooooo worth the wait.

Just My three cents:sick:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I like it! But if you are not sure about it then I agree with @mellowyellowgirl you could leave this one for after the others are finished.

I probably have until Tue to decide...

So..."its growing on you" and "trillions hard to find"?

Did the superman comment hit you negatively or positively? Seems like negative unless u keep reminding yourself of it becauze you are a fan and would LOVE it.

With pieces you have purchased in the past do you buy them because 'they grew on you'? Or because you initial reaction was "OMG gotta have it!!"

Now 'hard to find' thats interesting! You know of several custom jewelers who can make a trillion setting for your gem. You also know a quality custom piece will alleviate the Halo concern you have this one. And you know custom pieces are sooooooo worth the wait.

Just My three cents:sick:

Actually I’m kinda amused by it more than anything now. But I still don’t really see the crest which is why I asked. Maybe my jeweller is a Superman fan? :confused:

The wall of bling is growing on me, plus after looking at all the other readymade settings online, this is the most blingy one imo which then means I like it even more haha.

I think my purchases have been a mix of both tbh.

And... I don’t like to custom. Full of respect for PS-ers (like you) who do custom and have pieces that end up looking so good. But after doing up a few, I honestly don’t like to custom... For my favorite rings with halos, I would never be able to think up those beautiful halos myself. So I really like getting readymade settings. I’m also very lucky to have easy access to settings via my jeweller so usually it works out wonderfully. Just that ring mounts for trillion is uncommon unfortunately.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yours is boooooootiful!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

That colour :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A1695746-2750-45F6-9C99-991C79333D08.jpeg [/QUOTE]

All of the trillion settings you posted are nice. For some reason I'm drawn to this one. Its really different, has a plain shank, and the halo reminds me of leaves or petals... is so pretty!!!:love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

All of the trillion settings you posted are nice. For some reason I'm drawn to this one. Its really different, has a plain shank, and the halo reminds me of leaves or petals... is so pretty!!!:love:[/QUOTE]

I can’t recall from where! Must be from PS.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh my those are sublime :love::love::love:

The spinel ring is making me so happy. :kiss2:
Only drawback is that I can’t see the pad color any more. The pink has intensified though which makes up for it.

Took a UV pic too. :love:
897E6E18-D0E6-42D1-BD06-4473B0AF504D.jpeg

@missyminx not sure how much you spent on your recent custom setting but my two readymade settings together cost just slightly over USD 2k which I thought was very reasonable considering the diamonds/halo size. Maybe can consider readymade next time you need to set?

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
@icy_jade That is very reasonable compared to what I paid. Plus the amount of diamonds looks more than mine!
I'm happy to consider ready made settings, I need to look for one to match my cleftless heart shaped emerald.
I love both your spinel and the sapphire, but I'm so drawn to how the halo makes the sapphire pop.
You have inspired me to look for a sapphire in that shade.
I'm headed to the bangkok gem fair next week and hope to see/find/resist some goodies!

voce

Ideal_Rock
The spinel ring is making me so happy. :kiss2:
Only drawback is that I can’t see the pad color any more. The pink has intensified though which makes up for it.

Took a UV pic too. :love:
897E6E18-D0E6-42D1-BD06-4473B0AF504D.jpeg

@missyminx not sure how much you spent on your recent custom setting but my two readymade settings together cost just slightly over USD 2k which I thought was very reasonable considering the diamonds/halo size. Maybe can consider readymade next time you need to set?
Please tell me the lavender stone was the sapphire. Lavender sapphires fluoresce, but fluorescence in lavender spinels indicates lab stone. Other than that, I'm a fan of your big halos as well.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade That is very reasonable compared to what I paid. Plus the amount of diamonds looks more than mine!
I'm happy to consider ready made settings, I need to look for one to match my cleftless heart shaped emerald.
I love both your spinel and the sapphire, but I'm so drawn to how the halo makes the sapphire pop.
You have inspired me to look for a sapphire in that shade.
I'm headed to the bangkok gem fair next week and hope to see/find/resist some goodies!

Oh trillions and heart shaped stones probably need to do custom settings unless you are very very lucky to find a readymade setting. I’ve been looking for a while and not much has been coming up. Lots of choices for common shapes like ovals, rounds or even cushions in comparison.

Bought the sapphire cos I was curious about the slight color change (can’t really see ha). It does stop me from getting a lavender spinel so all good I guess.

So envious you get to go to the fair. Hope you have lots of fun and happy hunting! Pls post pics of the fair (and your finds) if you can k?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Please tell me the lavender stone was the sapphire. Lavender sapphires fluoresce, but fluorescence in lavender spinels indicates lab stone. Other than that, I'm a fan of your big halos as well.

Yes it’s a sapphire. GIA cert (unheated, violet changing to pink) so all good! And thanks so much for worrying about my stone/alerting me :kiss2: appreciate your concern =)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy how big is the lavender sapphire and also the spinel?

I have a few setting projects in mind but I feel like my stones are too small so always nosey about other people's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results