• Buy!

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Don’t buy!

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I need to be slapped since I shouldn’t be browsing but I did and this is too cute...

Onyx, diamond and ruby with 18K YG treasure chest

8F96366D-07DF-411F-A31D-DE7E94039C2B.jpeg
1AB814C6-5EB9-4A3D-AEC8-94B79B1987FA.jpeg 74C3E597-777D-4714-BCD1-88185FDCAF98.jpeg 8EE87537-1DAA-4B1F-92B6-6A28CAA51246.jpeg

Length: Approximately 24.0mm
The side: Approximately 23.8mm

Around 1.5-1.6k USD including taxes and delivery

Talk me out of this?

voce

Ideal_Rock
1. You have no other piece of jewelry that matches the box.
2. All your rings are too big to put inside it, so there's nothing you could practically use the box for.
3. The price tag. $100 would be adorable, but $1.6k USD is a significant dent in your wallet, and I'd rather see you use the $1.6k USD to set the yellow sapphire you're thinking of buying.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How heavy is that you think?
Cute- but my first thought was injuries to oneself or bystanders!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
1. You have no other piece of jewelry that matches the box.
2. All your rings are too big to put inside it, so there's nothing you could practically use the box for.
3. The price tag. $100 would be adorable, but $1.6k USD is a significant dent in your wallet, and I'd rather see you use the $1.6k USD to set the yellow sapphire you're thinking of buying.

True
True
True

How heavy is that you think?
Cute- but my first thought was injuries to oneself or bystanders!

Approximately 23.0 g
Doesn’t sound so heavy?

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful - but I feel like a pendant like this is super easy to get damaged when you bend forward and it hits something, or gets snagged in a handbag strap, etc... I have a gorgeous pendant of a little bird on a swing that’s about the same size, and I never wear it because I’m always afraid of it getting damaged. :(2

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful - but I feel like a pendant like this is super easy to get damaged when you bend forward and it hits something, or gets snagged in a handbag strap, etc...

That was my first thought, as well.
That said, it is a cool pendant. I like it, but would be too concerned about damage to wear it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you know it’s real onyx or not dyed, and the ruby is natural or minimally treated at worst.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ruby looks super dull, and the charm looks really kitschy.

It would not lay flat either or have the lovely cool feel people say you get of jade (of which you seem to have plenty of nicer pendants). Sounds like a cute idea, but would probably be something you wore twice and then gave up on in reality.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like it
do you think you would wear it enough to justify the cost ?
alternately would it just make you happy ?
it made my heart sing when i saw it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
everyone will want to look inside !
little kids might not even ask first

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I’m neutral about whether you should buy the tiny chest......BUT I’m sure Boris the Octopus would love it. Octopus like shiny things and they are often seen around treasure chests. Just sayin’
:eek2:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I would buy it if it were sterling silver, as with most novelty stuff. It’s a lot to put down.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooooooo whilst I am the queen of buying random crap (looking at Apple earrings right now) this is a no.

A few hundred yes but not 1.6k! That could go to a setting for your gorgeous spinel, setting for yellow sapphire, money towards blue sapphire, more jade.

Noooooooooo

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is alot of money even before i do the conversion into NZ money that's alot of caah that you could spend on a ring

but i still absolutely love it
and its a really fun piece
if you think you will wear it ? - well everything is relative

voce

Ideal_Rock
Just think of all the men staring at your chest
Definitely a reason not to get it. We want Mr. Icy Jade to be happy so he'll cough up more money for her bling. :twisted2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is would be an impulse buy. When I make those I usually sell the piece within a couple months after buying. Turns out to be a waste of time and money. So why even go there.:oops2::naughty:

@icy_jade you know your true passion lies with the gauntlet and that yellow sapphire.

What even made you divert to the chest? Boredom, impatience? Whats going on in that intelligent mind of yours?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful - but I feel like a pendant like this is super easy to get damaged when you bend forward and it hits something, or gets snagged in a handbag strap, etc... I have a gorgeous pendant of a little bird on a swing that’s about the same size, and I never wear it because I’m always afraid of it getting damaged. :(2

That was my first thought, as well.
That said, it is a cool pendant. I like it, but would be too concerned about damage to wear it.

Yeah I’ll worry but still wear because life is too short... if I damage it while wearing then so be it... I mean, it’s the same theory as my opal rings, or pearl stuff, etc.

@sydneyatl Pls share pics of your pendant! I’ll love to see it =)2

How do you know it’s real onyx or not dyed, and the ruby is natural or minimally treated at worst.

Dunno anything about onyx at all! First onyx item I’ve seen and like.

The ruby looks super dull, and the charm looks really kitschy.

It would not lay flat either or have the lovely cool feel people say you get of jade (of which you seem to have plenty of nicer pendants). Sounds like a cute idea, but would probably be something you wore twice and then gave up on in reality.

Heh ok

I would buy it if it were sterling silver, as with most novelty stuff. It’s a lot to put down.

True

Nooooooo whilst I am the queen of buying random crap (looking at Apple earrings right now) this is a no.

A few hundred yes but not 1.6k! That could go to a setting for your gorgeous spinel, setting for yellow sapphire, money towards blue sapphire, more jade.

Noooooooooo

Ok hahah tmr I’m going to see settings for my spinels. That’s enough to stop me lol.

This is would be an impulse buy. When I make those I usually sell the piece within a couple months after buying. Turns out to be a waste of time and money. So why even go there.:oops2::naughty:

@icy_jade you know your true passion lies with the gauntlet and that yellow sapphire.

What even made you divert to the chest? Boredom, impatience? Whats going on in that intelligent mind of yours?

Because it’s cute? I like the intricacy... no idea what to put inside. But it’s just... cute. One of those things. I like it but not sure why.

I typically have 10 bling things I’m interested in at any time... :eek2:

Typically I mull over them a bit and see if I really wanna buy (and hope no one gets it in the meantime haha). Sometimes it works and I convince myself or spot something I didn’t notice. Sometimes I really regret. And sometimes I cave.

=====
But this is good having all you bling sisters chime in on why I shouldn’t. Thank you all! :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
i like it
do you think you would wear it enough to justify the cost ?
alternately would it just make you happy ?
it made my heart sing when i saw it

I think it’s one of those to make me happy. Probably wearing once a month?

Put a really big tsav in it and pretend to be Dr. Strange until you finish the gauntlet? :)

Haha!!!! Idea!!!
I need a red cloak too... and a beautiful sexy voice. Mmmm

everyone will want to look inside !
little kids might not even ask first

Hahahahaha

It's a little trendy IMHO. In a year, can you imagine yourself wanting to wear it?

I love the tiny chest, but just not as a pendant. Would be adorable on a desk!

I thought it looks retro/old. Reminds me (in a morbid way I guess) of those Victorian mourning jewelry where you take a lock of hair or whatever everywhere.

I’m neutral about whether you should buy the tiny chest......BUT I’m sure Boris the Octopus would love it. Octopus like shiny things and they are often seen around treasure chests. Just sayin’
:eek2:

Ikr!!! I also think Boris will love it. He will look good posing with it too.

it is alot of money even before i do the conversion into NZ money that's alot of caah that you could spend on a ring

but i still absolutely love it
and its a really fun piece
if you think you will wear it ? - well everything is relative

Not often but yes I will wear

Just think of all the men staring at your chest

Lol!!!! This made me lol.

Definitely a reason not to get it. We want Mr. Icy Jade to be happy so he'll cough up more money for her bling. :twisted2:

Nono I self-fund all my bling. Independent career woman here.

Anyway the route to Mr IJ being happy is probably me working out lol.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope!
Not at this pricepoint. Too much going on and too expensive.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to be slapped since I shouldn’t be browsing but I did and this is too cute...

Onyx, diamond and ruby with 18K YG treasure chest

8F96366D-07DF-411F-A31D-DE7E94039C2B.jpeg
1AB814C6-5EB9-4A3D-AEC8-94B79B1987FA.jpeg 74C3E597-777D-4714-BCD1-88185FDCAF98.jpeg 8EE87537-1DAA-4B1F-92B6-6A28CAA51246.jpeg

Length: Approximately 24.0mm
The side: Approximately 23.8mm

Around 1.5-1.6k USD including taxes and delivery

Talk me out of this?
if you buy it does it have an easy return policy just in case its not as fabulous in real life as it looks in the picture ?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Nope!
Not at this pricepoint. Too much going on and too expensive.

Not getting for sure. Going to focus on setting my two spinels. Which will cost a mini bomb. Big halos coming up soon!

if you buy it does it have an easy return policy just in case its not as fabulous in real life as it looks in the picture ?

It’s from Japan so I go through an intermediary who then ships to me. By the time I get it, probably way over the return period.

That said, I’ve found the Japanese vendor pics to be generally reliable.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not getting for sure. Going to focus on setting my two spinels. Which will cost a mini bomb. Big halos coming up soon!
Good decision, it was definitely not up to your usual very high standards!

You have the rest of your life to add many more exceptional pieces to your collection, no use wasting your time and money on trinkets!

Boris excepted, of course!!! =)2

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Good decision, it was definitely not up to your usual very high standards!

You have the rest of your life to add many more exceptional pieces to your collection, no use wasting your time and money on trinkets!

Boris excepted, of course!!! =)2

Thanks for the lovely compliment!

Resuming normal programming, here’s are my new rings along with indicolite ring:

6086EE97-D913-4946-80CF-FDD023D57A22.jpeg

Other lovely stuff I couldn’t resist trying but cannot afford to get :cry2:

7187B4A0-7B12-48DC-938A-56A4AC96841B.jpeg 2F335B9B-486C-4A9E-8779-6D018BE9E2E9.jpeg F8F5C1B6-E553-4A0C-A567-53C5227259D8.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I LOVE YOUR GIANTASS HALOS!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

More pics please!!!

You make me want to climb out of the jade rabbit hole and buy sparkly CS again!

PS That necklace is incredibly pretty on you! Just sayin!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I LOVE YOUR GIANTASS HALOS!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

More pics please!!!

You make me want to climb out of the jade rabbit hole and buy sparkly CS again!

PS That necklace is incredibly pretty on you! Just sayin!

Hahaha.... ok here are some more. I took the pics more for my personal ref so quick snaps n some are blurry...

Shortlisted halos
C8BF1DB4-69FC-4745-ABA7-AD2A35A7BF3F.jpeg

If I ever have a small intense emerald pear...
0925EAEE-EF80-480A-92D4-E5825F77E190.jpeg

Considered for my trillion but ultimately no...
889ADC9F-D97B-4C29-9155-EBBAD8E77E43.jpeg

That necklace is also quite pricey!! But so lovely indeed. Super love. :love:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See don't get a treasure chest and get a necklace instead!

I would wear any of those halos! I was trying to pick one to say which one I loved and I thought "Hell I'd wear any of them."

Loooooooove me a big halo!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
See don't get a treasure chest and get a necklace instead!

I would wear any of those halos! I was trying to pick one to say which one I loved and I thought "Hell I'd wear any of them."

Loooooooove me a big halo!

Had even bigger halos but too OTT for me lol. So didn’t take pics. Next time...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results