shape
carat
color
clarity

One out of three, opinions please!

Nicccc

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! So I posted most of the GIA contents earlier, any further comment of them?
PS # 7 has no comment on the report.
#1&#2comments : minor details of Polish are not shown.

I think your reading to much into the pics.
The focus, alignment and depth of field are slightly different in each pic.
The pics will show glaring huge issues but are not good for judging smaller details.
I'm not seeing indications of huge issues.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much! So I posted most of the GIA contents earlier, any further comment of them?
PS # 7 has no comment on the report.
#1&#2comments : minor details of Polish are not shown.

I believe on an IF stone that is the reason it didn't get F and of no real consideration.
I am checking to make sure I'm right with others.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My reply above is correct.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much! Based on what we got atm, will it be #7, between #1 and #7?
Due to PS rules I should not answer that.
I can help with technical questions and interpretation of data.

Nicccc

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!

I am still not very clear about the Girdle, is medium to thick better than thin to medium for RB?

So much to learn... btw, is there anywhere I can read and learn how to interpret the image photo, ASET photo and IS? Possibly H&A too? Anywhere source online? Or do I he'd go buy a book?

Thanks again!!!

Due to PS rules I should not answer that.
I can help with technical questions and interpretation of data.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you need something between the two. Have you tried the Tiffany shared setting 2.2mm? I just love the baguettes and your stone, don't settle!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
I thought you couldn't get ASET and IS images?

https://ideal-scope.com/reference-chart-ideal-scope-images/

https://beyond4cs.com/2014/12/aset-reference-charts/

People are giving you vague answers because you don't have these images. They don't want to recommend something without 100% confidence.

Others can't answer because they are in the trade per PS rules.

You are asking people to give you advice based on stats and they are doing what they can with what you're providing.

Are you shopping online or working with a local retailer? Are you willing to go to E-VVS1? I found a gorgeous one earlier but I'm not sure what you are willing to drop to. I'll be happy to link to it if you're interested.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
since # 2&#4 are both gone now I am afraid I can't really post any more. Thank you so much folks!!! I believe your posts also helped to make up minds of other purchasers too. ;))
As I said above, I think you overstate the power of PS. There are simply not that many folks looking for FL high color compared to availability. I think there are few with good numbers in your specs and you are shopping a popular size.

Between 1 and 7, I like the numbers on 7 based on the information posted. However, I would not personally purchase either without an IS or ASET.

I also found the below which are within your specs. JA provides IS images (on most stones). You can put this all three on hold (free) and then request an IS. These can't be sold out from under you during your 48 hour hold. These are on par with your stones (R1 being my favorite), but these have excellent videos and IS available (on most). The IS (or ASET when available) will move from theoretical performance to actual performance based on the cutting of that particular stone. Just a note that any black you see in the video is due to photo setup (the diamond is reflecting the camera in some of these).

R1) https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...at-d-color-if-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-19478
R2) https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-f-color-if-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3630444
R3) https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...t-d-color-if-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-321830
{JA presently has 25% off setting}

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-21_3-53-33.png
    upload_2017-11-21_3-53-33.png
    94 KB · Views: 8

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is that only because of the photographer and the camera but not the performance of the diamonds?
You can compare images about contrast, etc., ONLY IF you compare photos from the same website, the same photographer, pictures taken under same light/background conditions, ALL the same! Otherwise you might judge wrong!
Based on what we got atm, will it be #7, between #1 and #7?
#7 without doubts for me
is medium to thick better than thin to medium for RB?
Medium to SLIGHTLY thick is better than thin to medium. Why? 3.5% girdle is better protection against chipping, especially when diamond is set on ring.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results