carat
color
clarity

OMG I did it. Paraiba

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Elle.

I guess one analogy I like to use is to think about Champagne. Technically, Champagne must come from the region of Champagne, France. The same wine made in the same way but from another location is just sparkling wine even if it is commonly called champagne for marketing purposes.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. Ok I get it now.

I am currently looking through the thread you linked Elle, it's a thread I've gone through in the past but nothing more then just drooled at the pictures; never figured I'd get a glowey Paraiba bigger then meelee size so never paid much attention to the cuprian/paraiba chat.

Super excited about this! I've asked Yvonne if I can upgrade (already ha)! Fingers crossed she says yes! Imagine someone's bagsied it before me :-o:errrr::errrr:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous glow!! You have found yourself a beauty!!! Keep us posted in the possible trade-up.

You are so brave and patient to look for a sister stone for earrings. It will be spectacular.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous glow!! You have found yourself a beauty!!! Keep us posted in the possible trade-up.

You are so brave and patient to look for a sister stone for earrings. It will be spectacular.

I've just bagged the upgrade!!! Sooo excited! Thanks acinom I don't feel brave, feel silly! But I'm not going to be able to afford to set this for ages anyway so I figure I can casually keep an eye out for a matching paraiba. This is my new paraiba :dance: 5.6mm (Which will probably be a lot harder to match but who cares when you get a bigger stone :lol: )! Screenshot_20170607-183222.png Screenshot_20170607-183253.png

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the heads up Elle I would have missed it if you didn't tell me about it this morning. Really appreciate it!

Yvonne relisted the 4mm one and it went in minutes haha.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the heads up Elle I would have missed it if you didn't tell me about it this morning. Really appreciate it!

Yvonne relisted the 4mm one and it went in minutes haha.

Your welcome. I'm so excited for you. Now we have the hard part...waiting to see it in person.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! Your new stone looks big and glowy in the photo. Looking forward to see your personal pics after you have received it.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your welcome. I'm so excited for you. Now we have the hard part...waiting to see it in person.

Yep! At least you already have a few other Paraiba's to keep you warm (and how gorgeous they are), this will be my first ever seeing/touching/holding of a paraiba when I finally get it in my hands! Cannot wait, is an understatement.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! Your new stone looks big and glowy in the photo. Looking forward to see your personal pics after you have received it.

Thank you! I've got teeny tiny fingers (and ear lobes but I hasten to add everything's in proportion haha) so 5mm is usually a really great size on me. It looks just right and not "too small". Of course I love bigger but when you have a budget like mine... for once I'm thankful for having a small ish frame!

How's your ban going, have you caved for anything yet? :razz:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, you're preaching to the choir, sister! :D

I too managed to hold off on the 3mm yesterday (even though it fits the center of the lily ring..and I want!). Then out of nowhere, bam! She throws up a 5.7mm round. Oh, how the thoughts cycled through my head. You don't need that. You already have a paraiba. You're already in the middle of working on a new project. Nothing worked and I found myself adding that baby to my cart (against my wishes) and checking out. I swear, my hand had a mind of its own. :lol: I can't resist that paraiba glow. :kiss:
You are on a Paraiba roll elle! How exciting for you. Please show lots of pics:appl:

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Dang! I want to join the Paraiba club too. I love the colour. I feel like I miss so much by not always checking this forum constantly. Hopefully, there will be more for me to fight for one!

And of course.. congrats @theredspinel! It looks beautiful.

Also, what are your opinions regarding cabs vs faceted? Seems like faceted is much more expensive right?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mahaha keep an eye on Yvonne's etsy page! Basically, you just have to stalk it haha and pounce whenever you see anything you love - otherwise you blink and it'll be gone!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty color, looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with it. I have an oval of a similar color and the GIA papers state Brazil as the country of origin. It's so tempting to just snap these up, but I have been told in no uncertain terms to put a lid on the ring/stone buying for now lol.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty color, looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with it. I have an oval of a similar color and the GIA papers state Brazil as the country of origin. It's so tempting to just snap these up, but I have been told in no uncertain terms to put a lid on the ring/stone buying for now lol.

Yvonne states Brazil for this one too. Haha yep I can relate to the "in no uncertain terms" :D

This paraiba will actually be making it's way to me very soon! Cannot wait!! Hope to have it in a couple weeks max...

Then will come the hard part of waiting for a matching one to turn up!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations with your beautiful paraiba!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo...did it arrive yet? What do you think after seeing the paraiba in RL?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sooooo...did it arrive yet? What do you think after seeing the paraiba in RL?

I wish mochiko! No it's getting shipped today (fingers crossed) shipping was delayed at my request as when paying for international p&p I like to get the most out of it :D

I'm dying to see it :pray:

I never saw one in person but they look so fantastic on photo, almost unreal. Like a blue light source.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw one in person but they look so fantastic on photo, almost unreal. Like a blue light source.
I was so amazed when I saw my stone for the first time. The stone looked so unreal in a good way. A photo can hardly do the neon glow justice.

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Omg! I keep checking too late! Thanks for the heads up though!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohh ominous!!! Elle, my email is playing up, has been for a while I'm just being lazy to fix it. I can't send or receive emails atm. Is it ok to speak here? (I'm so curious lol)!

Sure. I just figured I'd try it privately because you get trolls. :-o
I've been chatting with Mahaha. She's getting a paraiba from Yvonne and mentioned that there is a 5mm one available (not on the website). I know that you are keeping an open eye for a matching 5mm (that's the right size, right?).

ETA. I just read that yours is a 5.6mm. Oops. :doh:I don't know if that's the exact mm size so maybe you want to reach out anyway.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot to ask. Have you gotten yours in yet? I'm waiting for pics over here. :kiss:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot to ask. Have you gotten yours in yet? I'm waiting for pics over here. :kiss:

Thank you so much Elle, I messaged her earlier so fingers crossed! I don't mind the 0.6mm difference lol.

No I don't have mine yet :((( I'm not sure if it's been posted out yet...

What about yours?!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so pretty :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results