shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Miners - why we like ‘em so much?

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
And not talking about senior citizens who work underground in the hills of Eastern Kentucky...

I have not been able to shake this stone. I saw it in person a few months ago hoping it would be less amazing - it wasn’t.

This buttery beauty is coming home. The stone is 1.92 carats, UV in color and VS clarity, girdle is frosted. As often is the case the cut is a bit wonky but with the way Alex built the bezel, the wonky bit of the girlie is hidden. Alex from ParksFineInc in NYC made the setting. He’s a stand up guy, follow him on Insta, so many amazing rocks and rings. Major eye candy!

This will be my first Vintage OMC, I have a transitional round and a not quite modern pear (likely cut in the 1920’s) and quite a few step cuts.

Tell me what you love most about this cut :) I’d love to know! D30C9407-472F-46DD-959A-AAF253C8994F.jpeg

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Can’t wait to see hand shots. :))

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your gorgeous OMC because it records the bygone history of diamonds when they were cut by hand. I love the aesthetic interplay of diamond crystal and human craftsmanship. Alex Park makes beautiful settings with artistry and taste, I really enjoy seeing his designs. Congratulations on adding this beauty to your collection!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. I have one. A very warm one. And a very badly included one. And I just love gazing at them. At their high tables. And their facets bc they just glitter. Here are mine! For some reason I can’t upload my other one. Ugh.

Attachments

• A38A13BE-C9A2-4157-A84B-BB5CC548D49E.jpeg
    A38A13BE-C9A2-4157-A84B-BB5CC548D49E.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 46

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love old cuts because every one is unique and has big fat fiery facets and flowers under the table. Yours looks glorious. I’m keen to see handshots

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love their chunky monkey personalities. I love their beautiful soft glow. I love the romance they evoke. I love how each one is different. I love how they change in each environment but beautiful still. I love the play of colors and light. I love even their wonkiness. I love everything about them.

I recently got another pair of OMC drop earrings. They make me swoon. As do many old cuts. Heart goes pitter patter faster and harder. That’s when I know it’s love. ❤

066BF11E-3112-4915-A495-92993CF2C410.jpeg

31217055-B64B-4480-B5F5-4E260D7E7C62.jpeg

29772CAF-6155-479C-AE3E-542134647B7E.jpeg

@caolsen yours looks yummy. Cannot wait to see more photos. ❤️

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I love their chunky monkey personalities. I love their beautiful soft glow. I love the romance they evoke. I love how each one is different. I love how they change in each environment but beautiful still. I love the play of colors and light. I love even their wonkiness. I love everything about them.

I recently got another pair of OMC drop earrings. They make me swoon. As do many old cuts. Heart goes pitter patter faster and harder. That’s when I know it’s love. ❤

066BF11E-3112-4915-A495-92993CF2C410.jpeg
Those are orgeous!

31217055-B64B-4480-B5F5-4E260D7E7C62.jpeg

29772CAF-6155-479C-AE3E-542134647B7E.jpeg
Look so good on you!

@caolsen yours looks yummy. Cannot wait to see more photos. ❤

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. I have one. A very warm one. And a very badly included one. And I just love gazing at them. At their high tables. And their facets bc they just glitter. Here are mine! For some reason I can’t upload my other one. Ugh.

Pretty ring - the culet is so well proportioned to the stone. Can I ask what are the pink side stones, sapphires? They are a great shade. I often find pinks just too bubblegum for my taste, but those are a great blend of saturation and tone.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
And not talking about senior citizens who work underground in the hills of Eastern Kentucky...

I have not been able to shake this stone. I saw it in person a few months ago hoping it would be less amazing - it wasn’t.

Congrats!!! She looks very similar to the one I’ve been eyeballing from jewels by grace! I love old miners.

This buttery beauty is coming home. The stone is 1.92 carats, UV in color and VS clarity, girdle is frosted. As often is the case the cut is a bit wonky but with the way Alex built the bezel, the wonky bit of the girlie is hidden. Alex from ParksFineInc in NYC made the setting. He’s a stand up guy, follow him on Insta, so many amazing rocks and rings. Major eye candy!

This will be my first Vintage OMC, I have a transitional round and a not quite modern pear (likely cut in the 1920’s) and quite a few step cuts.

Tell me what you love most about this cut :) I’d love to know! D30C9407-472F-46DD-959A-AAF253C8994F.jpeg

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock

Ok that formatted weird?
What I typed was congratulations!!! And she looks very similar to one that I’ve been eyeballing at jewels by grace

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring - the culet is so well proportioned to the stone. Can I ask what are the pink side stones, sapphires? They are a great shade. I often find pinks just too bubblegum for my taste, but those are a great blend of saturation and tone.

They are pink sapphires! Came with the platinum semi mount.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The facets, the shape, the culet, the crown and the fire above all! They are my favorites. If one has seen the way they return light in real life, nothing can compare except another old cut such as an OEC.
The history, the romance, the mystery. A real antique cut is just something special to me.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Sunstorm of course, the unique nature of them also challenges me, as it does anyone who tries to find a match to make earrings (going through this right now.... ugh)

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
It has arrived and it’s amazing. The body color is so warm but not yellow or the awful nicotine stained teeth color.

61447E9B-8A4D-4877-BF9A-2081519CFBF4.jpeg

The bezel really makes the ring, not sure I can describe it better than it POPS! The stone finish on the setting is amazing.
B49BFC26-E46A-46BA-B825-BBE52FAD1CFE.jpeg

The OMC is cut so mesmerizing - want to stare into the culet all day long. So different from RB’s - the warmth really grabs my eye & draws me in. C57541F9-BD59-4493-9F89-57F5A9754C80.jpeg

Here she is next to my VS L 2.75 pear
C945CE74-2BD2-4867-816E-93779712C98A.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I am hopefully about to purchase my dream diamond ring but I dont want to jinx it so i wont say anymore!

But its also an OMC (:

The ring with your band looks made to be and beautiful on you!
I love OMCs just a wee bit more than OECs only because the antiquity, and their sweet "wonky" disposition.
They feel like a real treasure, a real site to behold.
Their chunkiness is just delicious!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their uniqueness, their individuality, and the fact that they’re not perfect.

2B2

Rough_Rock
Newbie here. I’ve become obsessed with OMCs as I’ve started to look an upgrade. Are there any threads that outline what to look for? I gasp every time I see a beauty on JBG’s Instagram. When I look at the specs, I see a lot of inclusions and realize that I need to educate myself a bit more before I get excited about a stone or ring. Any tips or direction are greatly appreciated!

@caolsen Stunning
@missy Beautiful earnings! I’ll live vicariously through you since my ears are a little ripped.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

Omg @nala this is beautiful! Tell us everything!!! :bigsmile:What size is your omc and what are pink sides? Your ring is beautiful :kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
They are pink sapphires! Came with the platinum semi mount.

Just saw this - and would you mind sharing where you got the plat semi mount?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newbie here. I’ve become obsessed with OMCs as I’ve started to look an upgrade. Are there any threads that outline what to look for? I gasp every time I see a beauty on JBG’s Instagram. When I look at the specs, I see a lot of inclusions and realize that I need to educate myself a bit more before I get excited about a stone or ring. Any tips or direction are greatly appreciated!

@caolsen Stunning
@missy Beautiful earnings! I’ll live vicariously through you since my ears are a little ripped.

Thank you.

Here’s a good thread to read through and get you started. Enjoy this delicious journey.

WindyCityCoco

Rough_Rock
I just LOVE old mine cut diamonds! I have been fortunate enough to own 2 of them in my life and stupid enough to get rid of them to finance other purchases :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results