shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Lady Hands..

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's absolutely nothing wrong with old lady hands. DW's are a legacy of many battles hard fought and won! :love: :love: :love:

58.5ct Kunzite Photo 1.jpg

PRS, nobody ever looks at your wife's hands with all the amazing jewelry you have bought her! Her hands are lovely by the way.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last Bubbalah on beach photo as we are heading back to NYC today and not returning for at least a few or more months. I am already missing the sand and sea and cycling. One last photo of our winter at the beach.

bubbalahonbeachchristmas.jpeg.png

Missy, your hands look like a 20 year olds! And Bubbalah is simply amazing as usual. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your hands look like a 20 year olds! And Bubbalah is simply amazing as usual. :kiss2:

Haha thank you @Catmom you’re too kind. A twenty year old with arthritic bumps and deformed knuckles. But I appreciate your kind compliment. ❤

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask for specifics? Do you put it on your entire hand? Any burning or peeling? Do you do it every day or every other or a different schedule? And I guess it really helps IYO or you wouldn’t be doing it. I’m very curious. Thanks.

I use the same that I use on my face. I have for years because with following my daughter's softball journey they have seen a LOT of sun. Plus there is FL now. I mainly put it on the backs of my hands with some on the backs of my fingers. I've never had any burning or peeling there. I think it works pretty well but I will be 65 this year and things don't work as well any more, lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use the same that I use on my face. I have for years because with following my daughter's softball journey they have seen a LOT of sun. Plus there is FL now. I mainly put it on the backs of my hands with some on the backs of my fingers. I've never had any burning or peeling there. I think it works pretty well but I will be 65 this year and things don't work as well any more, lol.

Thanks @Catmom. What is FL?

ETA: just went back and looked at your hands. Lovely. They certainly do not look 65 years young. Your hands look much younger ! Beautiful.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom I plan on staying this way! It's preventative :) @missy I just use a bit extra of whatever I use on my face. I had been using the Drunk Elephant A Passioni but even mixing it with my regular cream and applying every other day it was too strong for my face. I use it on my body now :lol: and that skin handles it fine. For my face I'm using Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum. I have been using it at night every other day and have had zero negative response. I plan on upping it to daily this weekend (except for night's when I use a strong exfoliant) and I'll see where it goes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Catmom. What is FL?

ETA: just went back and looked at your hands. Lovely. They certainly do not look 65 years young. Your hands look much younger ! Beautiful.

FL is Florida = lots of sun, beach time. We have a house there now and spend a lot of time there. Eventually we will probably be there full time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FL is Florida = lots of sun, beach time. We have a house there now and spend a lot of time there. Eventually we will probably be there full time.

Lol I’m an idiot. Please excuse my silly question. :P2
Nice you have a home in Florida. I hear you on wanting to be in one home for good eventually. Same here. It’s quite a hassle at times managing two. Good luck and enjoy. Winters in the NE can be too cold for me.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol I’m an idiot. Please excuse my silly question. :P2
Nice you have a home in Florida. I hear you on wanting to be in one home for good eventually. Same here. It’s quite a hassle at times managing two. Good luck and enjoy. Winters in the NE can be too cold for me.

LOL, no you are not an idiot! It is a hassle but so worth it in Jan and Feb. I'm in the Midwest so usually at least 6 months of winter here, lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last Bubbalah on beach photo as we are heading back to NYC today and not returning for at least a few or more months. I am already missing the sand and sea and cycling. One last photo of our winter at the beach.

Oh @missy! I know the beach is beautiful..but I’m sooooo happy you guys are making it back to New York. :kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

Oh no soo sad Missy. You've really loved your time at the beach. Safe travels rut today and warm blessings to your NYC return! Nothing like the big apple! And Bubbalah is just beautiful and stunning. Hugs to you.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Bubalah looks so gorgeous in that photo and your hands do as well! So sad to leave the beach but hopefully being close to doctors early in the year will bring you both health.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy! I know the beach is beautiful..but I’m sooooo happy you guys are making it back to New York. :kiss2:

Thank you Joanne. We are here and it is bittersweet. Missing Francesca more than I can say. But it is also nice to be back here. Just a little bit sad remembering the last time we were all here together.

Oh no soo sad Missy. You've really loved your time at the beach. Safe travels rut today and warm blessings to your NYC return! Nothing like the big apple! And Bubbalah is just beautiful and stunning. Hugs to you.

Thank you sweet @bling_dream19. It was an easy trip thankfully. Settling in and last night was the first night we slept here since early May.

@missy, Bubalah looks so gorgeous in that photo and your hands do as well! So sad to leave the beach but hopefully being close to doctors early in the year will bring you both health.

Thanks @luv2sparkle. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

Old lady hand beach shot right before we left yesterday. I keep reminding myself that this is the best my hands are going to ever look again so as each year and decade pass try remembering that. We will never be as young as we are right this minute. I am the youngest I will ever be again today at 54 and 5 months and not getting any younger lol.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.28.15 AM.png

Definitely prefer the further away perspective shots haha.
And from right this minute. Still pitch black out. Everyone is sleeping but the kitties and me.

oliverandbubbalahbrooklynbed.png

Ouch! @canuk-gal you asked if he is still biting and the answer is well a picture is worth a 1000 words right? :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.56.36 AM.png

OMG that face. I can see his little wheels turning as in what havoc can I wreak right now at this moment.:shifty:

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 6.58.27 AM.png

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Joanne. We are here and it is bittersweet. Missing Francesca more than I can say. But it is also nice to be back here. Just a little bit sad remembering the last time we were all here together.

Thank you sweet @bling_dream19. It was an easy trip thankfully. Settling in and last night was the first night we slept here since early May.

Old lady hand beach shot right before we left yesterday. I keep reminding myself that this is the best my hands are going to ever look again so as each year and decade pass try remembering that. We will never be as young as we are right this minute. I am the youngest I will ever be again today at 54 and 5 months and not getting any younger lol.

And from right this minute. Still pitch black out. Everyone is sleeping but the kitties and me.

Ouch! @canuk-gal you asked if he is still biting and the answer is well a picture is worth a 1000 words right? :lol:

OMG that face. I can see his little wheels turning as in what havoc can I wreak right now at this moment.:shifty:

What a handsome mischief maker!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a shot of my 5 decades-plus old lady hand, with my diamond from a dealer no longer in the trade: 3F3625DF-4043-407C-844E-58CB9C9244AF.jpeg

Five decades plus is no longer old, and your hand proves it. :!:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

@missy, from what you said above I think we are almost the exact same age (I am 2 months older than you, ha ha...)!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, from what you said above I think we are almost the exact same age (I am 2 months older than you, ha ha...)!

And what a great age it is. I always say the age we are is the best age to be. The alternative isn't something I want to think about haha. And we are the youngest we will ever be again. Grateful for each day and year and I cherish each moment.

I don't have the prettiest hands but super thankful I can still wear and enjoy my rings.
In the car the other day. LOL I never miss an opportunity for bling photo taking.:lol:
bubbalahinthecar.png

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MerLine your hands definitely do not belong here! :)

Actually the trick to joining the "Old Lady Hands" club is to take a very close up photo. This is DW close up

58.5ct Kunzite Photo 1A.jpg

And this is DW taken ten seconds later, but not quite so close up, and not quite so old. :mrgreen2:

58.5ct Kunzite Photo 2.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
My mothers beautiful hands ❤

Wearing a ring that I helped my father make her for their 30th wedding Anniversary. Her hands are the most comforting, warm, accepting, & kind.

They show her long life of 62 years here on Earth & her younger years spent well in the sun on her farm, barefoot on a saddle-less horse. Her thick straight long dark brown hair tailing close to her hips in a knitted tank top and jean shorts- a kind closed smile and fiery eyes.

My mother looked exactly like Sandra Bullock in Practical magic when she was the same age & the woman has always had a golden heart. An empathetic brainiac that was beautiful & had a love for nature and all living beings. She is a natural at being a mom & always has been. She would make others jealous but had a way of soothing them out of it as she was just too kind to stay cross at.

a57c6926953296086e228fa91eaee7d5.jpg

My mothers "old lady" hands as she would call them, look so much more beautiful than any hand model Ive ever seen because they have held me my entire life. Embraced me & soothed me when the world was unkind. Combed my hair while I sat next to her crying my eyes out as an adult.

I can only hope that when my own children grow up and feel my hands in theirs that they feel the love that has been carried down through generations.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. Life is no ‘brief candle’ to me. It ia a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to the future generations."

~George Bernard Shaw
IMG_20200614_151959.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results