shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Cut Lovers...... please sign in!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My .70 oec G Si1 with single cuts. It's a real little fireball.

_7824.jpg

_7825.jpg

_7826.jpg

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Hi. I've recently discovered the wonder of antique cut diamonds and have fallen hard. I'm currently in the market for an engagement ring and can't imagine having anything other than an antique. Originally I was drawn to the antique cushions, but now I'm kind of in love with an OMC I found. I don't really know how to determine if it's a good one, but I'm working on it.

This is a really awesome thread for fueling my love!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That's so beautiful bmg! LURVE it!!!

Here's mine as well, my 1.58 OEC in a white gold halo setting:

158b.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your OMC earrings Confection! Beautiful! :love:

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Hi fellow Old Cut-lovers...I've loved all old cuts/stones and antique/vintage jewelry for even longer than I've lurked (and learned - thanks to you all!) on PS. Finally got the courage and camera time to try to post some pics of my stone.
It's 7.16 cts, GIA N VVS2, no fluor, diameter (avg) is 12.2 mm. Still in a basic temp mounting while I figure out a long-term home (any and all ideas are welcome, btw). Finger size is just a touch over 4.
Wish my photo skills were better, but I'm trying! Hope this works...

img_1884.jpg

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Here's one more, taken inside... (sorry, not sure yet how to attach >1 photo per post).

img_1885.jpg

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
HELLO Gemmy!!! I think I need to see a few more picks of that baby !!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Love your vintage/antique stones!!! This is a very inspiring thread!

Here is my 5.3 OEC, U-V, VS1, recently reset in a french cut setting by Victor Canera.

_11066.jpg

_11067.jpg

_11068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
missymoo|1381432079|3535440 said:
HELLO Gemmy!!! I think I need to see a few more picks of that baby !!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Hi missymoo - Sorry, didn't see this til now. I did a thread last month in SMTB w/ more photos of my OEC - here's the link:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-7-16-ct-oec-happy-ring.193206/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-7-16-ct-oec-happy-ring.193206/[/URL]

I'm in the process of figuring out who to have make the forever setting (or at least, a different for-right-now setting :)). I've pretty much decided on the design but am taking my time with choosing the jeweler. In the meantime, I'm still enjoying wearing her in the temp setting and it's still my happy ring!

Grannie

Rough_Rock
Re:

blinkydoll|1236266973|1832717 said:
HI everyone
I just wanted to share this lovely. It Is Not Mine
41.gif

But I got to try it on and take some fun pics of it... Alj was there
35.gif

ANywho-- This Pretty has some friends
31.gif
When i have some time I will try to post all the lovely's from that day
30.gif

I don't remember the stats... other than it's an OEC=HUGE and single cuts... and black onyx i think? Prob PLat... and the stone was nice and flashy
I'm not crazy ab the black--- it would be better if it was blue sapp frenchies or something?..but as they say--- I wouldn't kick it out of bed
2.gif

I LOVE THIS RING!!!!!! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom: I love your mirror shot - for a second there, I actually thought you had two matching whoppers! :lol:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have my 0.65ct light yellow OEC to add to this thread.

colour was graded by IGI lab here in AUS (there is no GIA here) as an O but think it is lower than that, as i have seen an GIA graded O. in any case here it is. it is set in 18K white gold square milgrained bezel on 18K yellow gold band. There are hiergliphics on the north and south sides that represent my mums and dads initials.

photo__8_7.jpg

photo_1__1_.jpg

photo_2__1_.jpg

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
My great grandmother's 1.44ct OMC. This was appraised at J/SI2. It is being reset into my engagement ring. The 1.05/G/SI1 heart cut pictured will go into a "matching" e-ring for my girlfriend :) They face up about the same size because the OMC is so deep.

image__1_7.jpeg

_138.jpeg

margiedear_0.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just browsed through every droolworthy page of this incredible homage to gorgeous old cuts! :love: There is so much beauty in this thread, it's impossible to pic one favorite!

It needs a bump, so here is my lovely RHR from JbG with a tranny center that is a smidge <.5 ct. Altogether I think the stones total a smidge over a ct. It's a beauty and I adore it to no end.

Also a pic of my loose old cut stash that I am working through various plans for. The largest is 1.5 ct. and about 7.15mm, the middle ones range from 3.6mm to 4.4 mm, and the smallest row are all about 2.6mm.

_25968.jpg

_25969.jpg

_25970.jpg

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
I know this appears elsewhere and is more modern looking than old, but here's an image of my transitional/early modern round ring. 2.17 H/I/J VS. The diamond was purchased in Brussels or London during the early 1920s, the ring was made in the US, and the stone has never been unset. The side stones have been restored since this photo was taken. Proportion estimates suggest that it falls within the "Fiery Ideal" range.

_19101_0.jpg

Rozess

Rough_Rock
charming ring

Boo247

Rough_Rock
Hullo :)
I'm new here and glad to join. Always loved older cuts without understanding what they were. When looking at diamonds for our e-ring I thought 'cushion' described everything - nearly ended up with a modern brilliant cushion! We've learnt a lot since!

I only 'met' my ring yesterday. So I only have a photo or two to look at while its with the dealer being resized smaller and cleaned. And this is a video for it.

We may reset it to something to let more light in (keeping it in platinum if we do).

It's 2.4ct centre stone.

http://www.fineantiquediamonds.co.uk/20ed15/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=445 - video

_32025.jpg

_32026.jpg

_32027.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminiscing through this thread over all the old cut beauties, and realized I never posted my other old cut right hand ring. Admittedly, I don't remember the specs on it, except that it's a little over 1 ctw and 14K WG. I bought it a couple years ago, and it's my favorite vintage piece, though I have no clue on its age.

old_cut_ring_close-ups.jpg

old_cut_ring_perspective1.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my OEC .76 G SI2
It came to me in a 1950's miracle mounting. I had it reset in this asymmetrical mounting.

_37804.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Do antique pears count?

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock
Boo247|1436306983|3900094 said:
Hullo :)
I'm new here and glad to join. Always loved older cuts without understanding what they were. When looking at diamonds for our e-ring I thought 'cushion' described everything - nearly ended up with a modern brilliant cushion! We've learnt a lot since!

I only 'met' my ring yesterday. So I only have a photo or two to look at while its with the dealer being resized smaller and cleaned. And this is a video for it.

We may reset it to something to let more light in (keeping it in platinum if we do).

It's 2.4ct centre stone.

http://www.fineantiquediamonds.co.uk/20ed15/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=445 - video
its beautifull :shock:
o.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1472465040|4071117 said:
Do antique pears count?

I think so ... bring it! :appl:

RuthG

Rough_Rock
My OMC 5 stone wedding band :)

ring_front_view_2.jpg

img_12627.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
JoCoJenn|1472739549|4072214 said:
laurenk|1472465040|4071117 said:
Do antique pears count?

I think so ... bring it! :appl:
This is my antique cut 2.01ct pear set by Victor Canera!

_5674.jpeg

_5675.jpeg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd love to play...

Here's my OMC ( I believe, relative newbie) cluster/halo ring that I inherited some years ago. I don't know much about it really, until I get it appraised in a little while or the kind people on the 'Antique and Vintage' section come up with ideas.

Similar to Boo247, I love old cuts but until PS didn't realise quite what they were, just knew they had 'something special about them' :)

_5787.jpeg

Rubylou

Rough_Rock
All these old cuts a gorgeous! I especially like that antique pear! Here's mine but I am now trying to sell because I upgraded to another Antique Cut :lol: :angel:

_38341.jpg

steviedsgirl

Rough_Rock
Help help! Years ago, when a particular online auction site was new and wild and there were deals to be had, I bought an OEC diamond set in 18kwg. It's a lovely stone, about .75 of a carat, L-M color, supremely clear, and lots of chunky fire. Now, some 20-odd years later, I want to use the ring as my engagement ring. The issue is that I have no idea what kind of wedding ring to put with it. The setting is a bezel setting, and I love the protection it gives the stone. The setting is simple and clean and I like it. But straight bands clunk against it, and I haven't yet found a curved band that I really like. I *have* gotten 18 2mm side stones in older cuts, L-M color, and clean. Any ideas on what to do with my beloved "problem child"? :)

dsc_8122.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results