shape
carat
color
clarity

Old cut experts please help!

Gem_rocks

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for a diamond forever and have been scouring jewels by grace, old world diamonds, loveaffairdiamonds, loupetroop. The specs I'm after are:

white (ideally better than a J)
old european cut or transitional cut diamond with beautiful symmetrical facet patterning
eye clean
7.5mm+
Budget -absolute top is $9000

I've potentially found one and I'm keen to know what all you experts think of it! I'm worried about the GIA report as it has some crystals under the table, although the seller assures me it is eye clean. He doesn't seem to get what I want in terms of photography but I'll attach a couple of the best ones. He is obviously growing a little impatient with me as we are going back and forth because I really want a clean shot of the diamond from above looking in.

What do you think? Is it a winner? The seller will do it for $9250, is this appropriate?

I'd really appreciate some opinions on this one, I'm not an expert by any means and would be so grateful for some input!

_37820.jpg

_37821.jpg

_37819.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
oh I know this seller, Arthur right? I have been to his store and done business with him. That seems like a big price reduction off of where he had it originally listed. It is very pretty!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does the seller have a return policy? It looks like it has potential, but the best way to judge is to see it in person. I wouldn't buy it without a return policy. Do you plan to keep the setting?

Gem_rocks

Rough_Rock
That price is for the diamond alone, I'm not very fond of the setting. Yes they have a return policy, i couldn't contemplate the gamble without one ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you actually called Adam at OWD? he can help you search much more effectively. He has stones not in his site and can identify the most beautiful ones and work with your budget. No cost to you to give him a ring.

And I would never commit to an OEC unless someone I know personally who knows the kind of ORC I like or I myself have seen it IRL. They are each so different. You have to find one that speaks to YOU.

Gem_rocks

Rough_Rock
That sounds like sound advice. Yes it is Arthur, he is definitely getting fed up with me so I'll go for Adam, his images are lovely and clear so I can see what I'm getting! Thanks all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results