shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay Ladies!! We need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so many great dresses! Have you decided if you want a long dress or cocktail length? Fuller skirt or relatively straight? Is it important that you can wear it again, or do you want to feel like a princess at your prom?
1.gif

I love the blue dresses Angel & Julie posted & the halter dress at ann taylor is lovely too! Here it is in chocolate. It looks like it would provide a good amount of support up top. I think the dark pink dress from J. Crew could make a great choice too. You could dress it up or down easily & I think it would be really flattering & versatile. Speaking of versatile, the black dress Starset Princess just posted could be perfect! Oh, so many options!

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Another vote here for that blue dress that Angel posted!

mechminx

Rough_Rock
im not sure - theres something romantic about the classic princess look but is it too dated now?

as for big and "poofy" vs sleek i havent decided yet

one of my friends suggested total beauty and total femininity in that beauty but i dont know how to do that

i really wish i didnt have to know my breasts will be the centre of attention for many as it really hurts inside what certain people have done where i live

iim going to sign off as im still not feeling that good - il check the thread later - my email is up thread too

rms

Brilliant_Rock
mechminx, first of all, I am so very sorry about your mom. My mom passed away suddenly a few years ago and it was sad for me to not be able to share my wedding plans with her (prom was pretty long ago for me), so I can definitely understand how your feel. Sometimes it''s really hard, but it gets a little easier as time goes by.

As far as dresses, obviously there is a lot of love around here going out to you. You would look fabulous in any of the dresses the gals here suggested. I really like the David''s bridal one that Starset Princess posted and the long black one that Angel7 posted from Alfred Angelo.

When do you think you''ll be able to head out and try some on and send us some actual pics of you in your dresses? That is really the best part of the whole experience after we all have all given you some ideas
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Molly!! Sorry I''m late to this thread, I''ve been out of town and am just now catching up. First, please accept my sincerest condolences. Hold on to the wonderful memories of your mother and know that she is watching over you. While nobody can ever replace her, we are all here to help you out and comfort you if we can.

I''m very saddened to hear that you are treated unfairly because of a certain physical feature. I have to tell you that with age, that does change. Kids can be mean. Teenagers can be mean. Adults are a little more understanding and sensitive because they have lived and experienced so much more. I do think being voluptuous is an asset if you can feel comfortable in your own skin. And I think that is something that takes time. I was the butt of many jokes and mean pranks when I was younger because I was too skinny, had a big nose, bad hair, etc. But as I grew older, everything changed. Yes, these episodes have made me thicker skinned than I would like to be, but they''ve also increased my sensitivity towards others who have the same kind of issues that I had. You can''t let them bring you down and you can''t let the bullies get the best of you. I can go on and on because I know how you feel but I know that words can''t really fix it.

All the ladies on this site are awesome and some of the most helpful people I have ever come across. We''ll make sure you look absolutely amazing for your prom, don''t you worry about that! Just know that you''re not alone and you can always come here to vent. We''ll help in any way we can...

mechminx

Rough_Rock
i plan to go shopping this week.

Curly your a lot nicer about my body than many people - i just get tired of my breasts dominating - get tired of the walking talking sex object treatment
7.gif
too many people seem to have weird ideas about big breasted blondes
7.gif
g*d i feel so stupid for crying in front of a computer

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t waste one second crying over people and their dumb comments.
38.gif

If anything, people are probably jealous of you! We''re always here to lend a shoulder.
emteeth.gif
Have fun shopping!!
Let us know how it goes.
36.gif

mechminx

Rough_Rock
thanx Angel

mechminx

Rough_Rock
managed to persuade a couple of friends to come with me tomorrow afternoon - hoping it all goes ok

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how fun!
1.gif
Let us know how it goes! Maybe you could even have your friends take pictures of you in some of the dresses & you could post them here if you want more advice. Have a great time shopping!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun, good luck and let us know how you make out. Take some pics and post them for us. Good luck!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm late to this thread, but if your boobs get alot of attention (typical for teens I think, and kids can be cruel!! especially if they are jealous of what they don't have, aka other girls)...I'd downplay them in a more subdued dress top...I don't know if I'd go with a halter...maybe more of a banded strapless style, or a banded style with straps (for security)...sometimes halters can be too revealing, maybe a higher halter. Also a longer waisted dress may help elongate you a bit so that your torso looks longer than it is, making things seem more proportional possibly.

I also tend to think that the slightly longer or right at knee or below knee is more appropriate for prom than the short ruched numbers...especially if kids already make comments or assumptions on body parts, I'd go a bit more conservative to just make things easier. I love classic simplicity...maybe with a bit of detailing, but think of it this way, I'd love to be able to look back at prom pictures 10/20/50 years from now and realize what I wore was still classic. I went that way with my prom dress for senior which was a long straight column to the floor of red silk with pearl shoulder straps criss-crossing against a lower back. I had it custom made for cheaper than most of the dresses out there. I look at my pictures now and it still looks great (I still have the dress too!)...now my junior prom dress? EEK I wasn't so lucky with that one being classic. But I learned my lesson for SRprom!

My two cents, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders Molly! Just remember that high school is just a few years of your life...you will not remember cruel kids or comments later in life. Just keep your head high and stick with your good friends, the rest can all sod off!

**Tiffany**

Rough_Rock
Hi molly,
I understand where you are coming from, I also have a large chest and a curvy body. I love to get dressed up!! Prom for me was only 4 years ago and I have sorority formals here in college. My favorite dress designer is Jessica McClintok. Her website is http://www.jessicamcclintock.com I have worn her dresses to prom as well as 2 other dances. The dresses fit well and are well made. I wear strapless dresses all the time the key is just to get a very well fitting strapless bra. My favorite dress by her is: 24693 MEGAN the link is:
http://www.jessicamcclintock.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=65447&categoryId=10107&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10103

The aqua one shoulder dress posted by Angel is Stunning!!

Here is my best general advice:
Try lots of things on because you never know what you might like.
When you try on dresses wear a good bra, a strapless if you have one.
Halter dresses and strapless are the ones that look best on a larger chest.
A-line dresses flatter everyone!
Stick with something classic as opposed to really trendy, you will not regret this.
Find a dress that makes you feel as beautiful as you are.
Make sure you are comfortable in whatever you choose because if you aren''t you won''t enjoy the night and it should be fun!!
You can private message me if you want, I can give you my email address.
Hope this Helps

**Tiffany**

mechminx

Rough_Rock
what do you think of this dress i found online? should i look for a copy of it locally?

138039_1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OOOOHHH! I LOVE that dress!! Soo pretty and SEXY! Definitely try to find it to try it on!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2005 4:37:24 PM
Author: mechminx
what do you think of this dress i found online? should i look for a copy of it locally?
I think it''s beautiful! Where is it from? Maybe you can see if they have stores near you, if not try to find one similar?
It''s great!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That dress is very cute!!! I would definitely try to find it and try it on.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Mara that is a lovely dress. I hope you can find a store that carries it. Good luck!!!

mechminx

Rough_Rock
thanx - always being teased cause i like pink and dresses and stuff - not exactly popular in todays world of pants and shorts
7.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I love that pink dress! I hope you''ll be able to try it on soon--let us know how you like it!
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I love it - and, I think you can buy that dress through Nordstroms

mechminx

Rough_Rock
thanx to everybody for your kindness - i just feel so terribly alone sometimes - getting treated as a glorified sex object by some people where i live doesnt help

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Did you get that pink dress? Do you have any pics? You only have a few weeks to go.....

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
So Mech, what is going on? Did you find a dress? Do you have any pics to post?
Keep us updated!
9.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Molly-

I am a little late to respond, but I have been following your post from day one. Like everyone else here, I want to offer my deepest sympathy for the loss of your mother. I know you will keep her alive in spirit though and cherish all of the wonderful memories you have of her.

I love the pink dress you posted. Let us know if you had any luck finding it. Either way, I hope you had success in finding the perfect dress for you so that you feel confident and have a great time at your prom. We will all be waiting to hear about what you have chosen. If we do not hear from you before then, have the time of your life...and take lots of pics for us :)

Also, I just want you to remember that there are lots of people out there thinking of you and pulling for you during this time in your life. Just look at all the ladies on this board who are posting to find out how things are going for you!

mechminx

Rough_Rock
i promise you all il scan and post my prom pics - ex-Girl Scout''s honour!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me either!!!
21.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
you have to post pics so the hairdressers on this site can make suggestions and then comes the earrings

so much to do so little time
2.gif

mechminx

Rough_Rock
what do you all think of pearls?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results