shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay Ladies!! We need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mechminx

Rough_Rock
thanx everyone - you''re really too nice - i dont deserve this

the really hot days dont come till January and February - it will be warm but not too hot

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Molly you DO deserve the best advice and help we can give you! I too have lost a beloved parent, and I know how desperately hard it is and how you feel. I am very sorry this happened to you at such a young age but if we can be a small comfort and help to you that is great and we are happy to do so!

mechminx

Rough_Rock
thanx

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 6:07:37 PM
Author: FireGoddess
hey angel - when you changed your avatar from rosario to jack all the dresses you posted disappeared...any way to put them back for molly?

never mind - they''re back now!
Sorry, I''m obsessed with Will and Grace!
3.gif

mechminx

Rough_Rock
again thanx everyone - never knew so many would care

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Mechminx fill out this quick survey for us/me

How tall are you
What color is your hair
What length is it
Curly, wavey, straight
Eye color
Skin tone (fair, tan)
What colors do you feel you look good in?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 11:52:30 PM
Author: mechminx
thanx everyone - you're really too nice - i dont deserve this

the really hot days dont come till January and February - it will be warm but not too hot
Hi Molly,

You ABSOLUTELY deserve this!!! And we LOVE doing this kinda of stuff....so, induldge us
emteeth.gif

Let's make you the Bell of the Ball
36.gif

Have you seen any dresses that you like? How do you want to wear your hair?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of this dress? It kind of reminds me of Bell from Beauty and the Beast.

bell.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about you, mechminx, but I looooove that dress, marvel!
30.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I love short, bright and colorful with a surprise - yet still simple

prom1117c.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
can''t go wrong

a893dbb569bfec0af58c975e6427ae07.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
emlips.gif

billie.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
emlove.gif

black dress.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh. I''m not going to prom.. but I LOVE the dress that marvel posted..
Here is a dress that I am thinking of buying..I don''t know how you feel about this style of dress but I LOVE them

edressme_1868_6569491

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Mechmix seems to be a little shy, so I'll share some info she told me.

She's about 5'5"
A 36D
And about an AU 16 - I'm not sure what the american equivalent is.
She's a little self conscious about her figure -
BUT she shouldn't be I've been this size myself - and damn sexy (I might add
2.gif
)
It's all about finding something flattering on your figure. Even skinny girls can find unflattering dresses, right ladies?
I believe she's concerned about having some support for her ample bousom - for dancing.
and concerned about makind sure (if she goes strapless) that it fit within and inch of her life so she doesn't have to worry about it sliding down.

Am I right Molly?
Come on girl!
1.gif

PS girls love dress shopping and getting dressed up!

Scintillating...

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Molly,

I really feel for your predicament. I''m going to throw my 2 cents in to try to help.

What sort of dress budget are we working with? I''m a big fan of stretching the budget to buy something super well-made and classic enough to wear again. I still have my prom dress from 1998 (it was a silk sheath, so it never goes out of style)!

I love, love, love this dress (might have to get it for New Year''s myself...). I think empire waisted dresses are super-flattering because they hit you where you are skinniest and hide everything else! You could easily minimize "the girls" with a bandeau strapless bra that has an underwire in it for support. Plus, you can totally wear it again...

166142.jpg

If you wanted to have thicker straps, I think something like this is beautiful (but being chesty might be problematic).

161738.jpg

As a top heavy girl myself, I often have good luck with J. Crew. This one could be fun and would be easy to glam up with sparkly brooches, etc. I think it would look better a girl with some curve than the model.

62983_PK6089_HOL05_m.jpg

General prom suggestions... Try to get some of your friends together to get ready together--that was my favorite part of prom! You can do each other''s nails/hair/etc. It makes the day seem that much more special, I think..

Erin

Ideal_Rock
davids bridal

mechminx

Rough_Rock
so many dresses - aw :''( im going to look through them all and then post again

mechminx

Rough_Rock
How tall are you
5"5
What color is your hair
blonde tho i can colour it if needed
What length is it
just past my shoulders
Curly, wavey, straight
straight
Eye color
blue
Skin tone (fair, tan)
fair - do you want me to go to the tanning parlour?
What colors do you feel you look good in?
either depending on how i feel tho probably dark more

mechminx

Rough_Rock
i love the gold ones from Marvel and starset - though the light gold one looks nicer at the moment

the red one looks ok though is light red better than dark red? Red is "sexy" to many people and that might cause problems.

i love that pink one in Melissas post - whats better - light or dark pink? really dark pink might be too strong.

i love the black one in abradabras post - the second one might have worked if i didnt have the two girls and i love the third

Starsets last red one looks good too,

as Sin said i have ample (more than ample actually
7.gif
) breasts and they cause problems specially with boys - ive been told they are an asset not a negative but i dont know how.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zum_3_17.gif
blue for your eyes, halter-like straps for that 36D, and full skirt for every body type.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 10:30:03 PM
Author: mechminx
i love the gold ones from Marvel and starset - though the light gold one looks nicer at the moment

the red one looks ok though is light red better than dark red? Red is ''sexy'' to many people and that might cause problems.

i love that pink one in Melissas post - whats better - light or dark pink? really dark pink might be too strong.

i love the black one in abradabras post - the second one might have worked if i didnt have the two girls and i love the third

Starsets last red one looks good too,

as Sin said i have ample (more than ample actually
7.gif
) breasts and they cause problems specially with boys - ive been told they are an asset not a negative but i dont know how.
Oh, Molly....you have such great taste
36.gif
I really like the pink one that Melissa posted too!! I also like Starsets last red one and the blue one that Julie just posted!!! This is fun...I hope you''re having as much fun as I am
9.gif
Blonde hair, blue eyes, and ample girls...you sound like a stunner
31.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I love this stuff!

All photos below are from www.anntaylor.com Ann Taylor is a clothing store in the US that has really good quality items. They have a collection now called "Celebrations." The great thing about the collection is that they make a ton of items (shawls, shoes, purses) in the same material and color so you can build a whole outfit. I just bought a dress, bolero jacket, and shoes from there. They are really well made. The website has sizing charts so you could figure out where you fall.

Oh, shoot. None of the pictures are working. Go here:
http://tinyurl.com/cld2y

I especially think that the halter dress at the top right could be flattering. It is also available in chocolate brown and champagne, but I think champagne might wash you out with your coloring. The red is really a crimson. I have always thought that crimson is less "sexy" than, say fire-engine red. The dress is $99.99 USD.

Good luck!
Munchkin

mechminx

Rough_Rock
thanx Munchkin and Marvel

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think from what you said (help me out ladies) that she should be looking for

something with a halter or at least wide straps - for security purposes
something cocktail length or so - being 5''5 you don''t want to have to mess with alterations
a color outside the red family - to avoid any misconceptions
possibly blue to bring out the eyes

I was just asking your coloring to guess which color dresses to post and finally....
do not go to a tanning salon - keep that skin young and fresh (just asking for coloring again)

what stores would you buy a dress in AU that we can search online?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I would start to go to stores and try stuff on. Here's a website that has Prom dresses in Austrailia.

If you want to draw attention away from your "ladies", just stay away from low cut and sometimes strapless is a pain! (Trust me, I can relate!)

http://www.dressfinder.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/directory.search/dresses/Australia.htm
Here's a link to all dress stores in Austraila!

Here's some cute ones from Alfred Angelos Website.
c81b27c7-b240-4884-a7ed-87ac0cb7a000.enlargedNormal.jpg
62af421b-6570-46b7-bd5c-6e45defa65fe.enlargedNormal.jpg

11f224ee-a159-4b37-bb5c-f08c075d7181.enlargedNormal.jpg

Abradabra-I LOVE the first empire waist you posted. Where is that from?
Very true, empire waist style flatters everyone. Accentuates the good and hides the bad!
31.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Angel I
emlove.gif
that blue dress!!!!

mechminx

Rough_Rock
i like the blue dress too!

my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to contact me off-board

Erin

Ideal_Rock
You can wear something like this again and again

758backimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results