shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok need opinions on an LOGR I just bought!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 12:00:23 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ah yes, I have that 7x7 setting - although I think I remember you saying that you liked the construction on the 8x8 more? Or am I making that up?
3.gif
I did like the construction better on the 8x8, but I have a feeling if he sells you that setting in a 7x7, he'll just substitute the actual 7x7 setting. The diamonds are slightly bigger on the 7x7 though. Here's a picture of the 7x7 diamonds (SI grade) next to the 8x8 (VS grade). The 7x7 also has single cut diamonds. They're full cut on the 8x8 VS upgraded ones.

TLLOGRsidebyside.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL and Yingh!

It''s kind of a tough call at this point. I''ll have to see what he says - I would prefer the 8x8 setting though (TL I can definitely see the difference, and I like the diamonds and general setting on the 8x8 better, although I''m fine with the 7x7 too). I might upgrade the diamonds depending on how much more I''m going to get charged for getting the setting changed
3.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I really really like these settings. I had an old yellow gold similar to that, and actually purchased the calibrated diamonds from Israel Diamonds and replaced them myself. That way, I know they are d, e, f, vs. And it makes a BIG difference in flash from what I have seen.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOGR will sell their mounts without diamonds as well if you want to go that route.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:56:33 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I think that the pink tourmaline is too dark for a bezel setting and that the blue stone (my favorite of your collection BTW) is too small to work.

Guess you will just have to get another stone
11.gif
Good thinking
31.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEG - I bought that setting (but with prongs) and didn''t upgrade the diamonds. I''ve got to say that the diamonds are wonderful - not a dud in sight! However, I DID pay for him to customise to my stone size. As I paid extra for the custom work I have a suspicion that you also get better diamonds.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! So he said he could customize it to fit my blue tourmaline (and I double-checked to make sure it was THAT setting being customized, and not the 7x7 being sent without prongs). The cost was actually quite reasonable (it was WAY more expensive to customize the 7x7 to fit my mom''s 10x10 amethyst). I might not upgrade the diamonds though.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the setting and the stones; can''t wait to see how it all comes together, friend
35.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 8:38:43 PM
Author: Skippy123
I love the setting and the stones; can''t wait to see how it all comes together, friend
35.gif

Thanks Skippy dear! I can''t wait either!
3.gif

And
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results