shape
carat
color
clarity

Ohhh Amber....?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Here''s what my ring will look like with a radiant, of course mine will be smaller...

0354040_t_lg.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
SO EXCITING!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
You''re getting soooo close!!!!!

That sucks that they filled out the credit card sheet wrong
38.gif
, but hopefully you''ll get it all straightened out today! Can''t wait to see pics!
10.gif

As for who should set it...have you asked Robbins Bros. if they even would? My impression was that some companies refuse to set diamonds that they didn''t sell you because they don''t want to be responsible for anything that might happen to the diamond while it''s in their care. Also, would they be as accomodating in replacing the head? I would ask them both of those questions before making a decision, since if they won''t do it or replacing the head voids the warranty anyway, then I''d just let WF do it and not worry about it. If they are super nice and accomodating and willing to take the risk of handling your diamond...then I would probably go with them because why NOT keep the warranty in tact!

Good luck either way!!! And piiiiictuuuuuures!!!!!
12.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 11:54:14 AM
Author: albicocca
SO EXCITING!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
You're getting soooo close!!!!!

That sucks that they filled out the credit card sheet wrong
38.gif
, but hopefully you'll get it all straightened out today! Can't wait to see pics!
10.gif

As for who should set it...have you asked Robbins Bros. if they even would? My impression was that some companies refuse to set diamonds that they didn't sell you because they don't want to be responsible for anything that might happen to the diamond while it's in their care. Also, would they be as accomodating in replacing the head? I would ask them both of those questions before making a decision, since if they won't do it or replacing the head voids the warranty anyway, then I'd just let WF do it and not worry about it. If they are super nice and accomodating and willing to take the risk of handling your diamond...then I would probably go with them because why NOT keep the warranty in tact!

Good luck either way!!! And piiiiictuuuuuures!!!!!
12.gif
From what I understand (and this was our experience because we were strongly considering an RB setting), Robbins Bros WILL set your diamond, but they'll charge you. If I remember correctly, it was anywhere from $200-$300. As for being accomodating in replacing the head, I have no idea...that might be an extra charge. I'd probably go with WF because for some reason, I feel they know what they're doing far beyond the employees at RB. Plus, how much does it cost to get a bead replaced at a local jewelers? I didn't think it was much. The RB warranty is a good thing to have, though.

Tough choice, but I think you'll be fine either way! Keep us updated!
10.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, guys. I''m torn between WF knowing WAY more than Robbins Bros. about stone setting, and WF is only going to charge 50.00 for the head and labor. So... the only thing keeping me with RB is the freakin'' warranty. Because I mean, we PAID for the damn thing. I''m going to call them when they open, (10), but I want to know how much the setting charge will be. In your honest opinions, what would you do?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 12:16:35 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Exactly, guys. I''m torn between WF knowing WAY more than Robbins Bros. about stone setting, and WF is only going to charge 50.00 for the head and labor. So... the only thing keeping me with RB is the freakin'' warranty. Because I mean, we PAID for the damn thing. I''m going to call them when they open, (10), but I want to know how much the setting charge will be. In your honest opinions, what would you do?

Hmmmmmmm...if the setting charge + new head is under ~$75 and they sound both nice and competent when you talk to them, I think I would choose Robbins Bros. If after talking to them, I had ANY DOUBTS about their competence or desire to do whatever it takes to keep me happy, or if they were charging significantly more than WF...I think I''d just go with WF. The warranty would definitely be NICE to have if that doesn''t compromise any of your other plans for how you want this to be done, but if you are at all concerned that it won''t end up looking the way you want it if you go with RB, then I would just not bother about the warranty. Not sure if my ramblings are helpful or not.
20.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 12:25:31 PM
Author: albicocca

Hmmmmmmm...if the setting charge + new head is under ~$75 and they sound both nice and competent when you talk to them, I think I would choose Robbins Bros. If after talking to them, I had ANY DOUBTS about their competence or desire to do whatever it takes to keep me happy, or if they were charging significantly more than WF...I think I''d just go with WF. The warranty would definitely be NICE to have if that doesn''t compromise any of your other plans for how you want this to be done, but if you are at all concerned that it won''t end up looking the way you want it if you go with RB, then I would just not bother about the warranty. Not sure if my ramblings are helpful or not.
20.gif
I''d be extremely surprised if they switched out the head and set the stone for less than $75.00, as they quoted me something like $200 (or $300, I don''t remember) to set a stone without changing the head! I''m wondering why having the stone set at WF cancels out the RB warranty...did he explain that to you? Was that WFs policy or RBs policy?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Albi, I''m really leaning towards Wf for this, because it sounds like RB may rip me off because I didn''t get the stone from them. That''s what I''ve heard- (damn them, open already!!), and I mean, WF sounds like they''d be perfect at this, but I don''t want to have to send my setting in..
15.gif
Sad, but I want my ring ASAP!
28.gif
I just have to call and see what Robbins Bros. says. The warranty is for cleaning, repairing prongs, repairing loose stones (I only have 8 teeny ones). If I paid like, 1000.00 for this setting, why pay another 350.00 to set the friggin'' thing?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
EB- it was RB policy. I think. Crap. Now I''m confused. And I KNOW WF will be cheaper, since RB was going to charge us for a setting charge anyway, even if we got the stone from them- it was going to be like, 150.00 or something close to that. And she said the head would be fine, but it was a 4 prong head, and looked like it was for a RB. The radant is much more rectangular, and totally needs a new head.

E B

Ideal_Rock
If, for some reason, there was a misunderstanding and RBs warranty still stands EVEN if you get your stone set somewhere else (and I don't see why it wouldn't...you paid the money for the setting and got the warranty, why does it matter who sets the stone?) then I'd go with WF. Unless they give you a huge price break at RB, not only is WF cheaper, they seem much more competent. If not, it's a matter of money and security. RB offers the security but wants more $. WF is asking for less but provides no security after.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure it was an RB policy, I''ve heard of several designers/stores saying that their warranties are voided if any other jeweler does ANYTHING to the ring. I can''t even have a local jeweler put sizing beads in my Vera Wang!
39.gif

That said, if the price difference is going to be that much AND everyone in general seems more confident in WF''s ability...I would totally go with WF. The warranty is nice to have, but chances are nothing bad is going to happen to your ring, and if anything really DOES happen...that''s what insurance is for!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, well, I just spoke with CIndy at RB and she said that it WILL void the warranty, and they will charge a fee to set it, but how much it would be would be up to the jeweler.
20.gif
So, I think I''m going to go to WF and have them do it. It just seems like such a waste to have RB do it and then charge me MORE.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
And anyway, it''s the diamond that is more expensive, so I''d rather the people I bought the diamond from set it. Make sense?
33.gif
And like Albi said, that''s what insurance is for!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 1:14:30 PM
And anyway, it''s the diamond that is more expensive, so I''d rather the people I bought the diamond from set it. Make sense?
33.gif
And like Albi said, that''s what insurance is for!!
Exactly. I think going with WF is the best choice!
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a better idea to have WF set your stone because a) it''s less expense b) they do amazing work and c) they''re responsible for what happens to the stone.

Good luck!! I can''t wait to see the pics!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I say go for it! Be confident in your choice, and don''t look back! WF will take great care of you!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
All I have to say is: Yay for me!!
36.gif
Here''s hoping I actually like the stone.
20.gif
Ha ha ha

E B

Ideal_Rock
BUMP! for pictures....it IS Monday, you know!
31.gif
18.gif
23.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
12.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey! No picutres yet!! It''s still early (I guess), but Ron said we they may get it on Tuesday!!
23.gif
32.gif
So I''m still waiting for it. I''m all set to send my setting in, and all that, too! No, not getting my hopes up at all..
20.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 12:14:03 PM
Hey! No picutres yet!! It's still early (I guess), but Ron said we they may get it on Tuesday!!
23.gif
32.gif
So I'm still waiting for it. I'm all set to send my setting in, and all that, too! No, not getting my hopes up at all..
20.gif
Well, I guess we (the picture loving PS members!) can wait until Tuesday, but I'm still hoping it comes today! I'm sure you are too. I also hope it'll be beautiful!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
You and me, both, sister. If it IS beautiful, we''re going to get it!! YAY!! So it''s just a matter of time. Since we''re going to Disneyland on the 31st, it should be before April!!! Yay!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
So the diamond has arrived, and it is in line for pictures. When Ron gets them, he''ll send them over, but he heard it was beautiful and definitely longer than it is square!! Yay!

E B

Ideal_Rock
OMG!
9.gif

Does this mean pictures today?!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
He said either late today, or early tomorrow!!!!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 5:45:33 PM
He said either late today, or early tomorrow!!!!!!
Yay! Do you have a good feeling about this diamond? I do, but what I think doesn''t matter. I''m so glad it''s rumored to be beautiful and from it''s measurements, it definitely sounds rectangular!

To Ron at WF: pictures, pictures, pictures!
35.gif
10.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
EB, I totally have good thoughts about this diamond, in fact so much that we''re planning on wiring the money on Wednesday, and hopefully sending out the setting tomorrow!! I just don''t know how we''re supposed to do it, in a box, with brown packing tape, USPS insured registered mail. I''m supposed to cushion it, too. Do you do this all at the Post Office? I feel good about it.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I can''t wait to see those pics! YAY!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
This is the IS.. I can''t post the actual picture, it''s too big. Emily??

IS_GIA13304754[1].JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
This is the sarin, which I don''t know much about, but I love the looks of the stone...

SARIN_GIA13304754[1].GIF

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

so you feel good about it???? email me the pic and I can resize for you if you want!!!! You think you''re going to get it????????????
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results