shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh wedding band, where art thou??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My favourites are the Michael B petite princes and the shared prong - memoire. Tough choice!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s the width of the Michael B lace?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I like the single prong the best, followed by the petite princess.
4.gif

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:14:07 AM
Author: motownmama
What''s the width of the Michael B lace?
The Michael B is 2mm I think. But the problem with that one is that it is taller than my band, so would sit higher.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one the best the proportions are nice and the depths are the close enough to be the same sort of look. I also like the look of a the plain metal band but I don't think the one you have paired is 100% right but that might just be the angle of the pic that makes me think that as well.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock

p.s. Also, the channel set pic I posted is not the actual channel set I would consider. That was just a random channel set. The one I would consider would be Sasha Primak''s. They would be able to make either a 2.4mm with 5/8ct or a 2.6mm with about .80ct. They would make one with thinner sides/low profile sides (special request) so you see more diamond than metal. Here is a pic of their 2.4mm with normal sides.

Ohhhh, there are so many pretty bands!! The bands that I would like to own one day (eventually) are the memoire single shared prong in .75ct, a tiffany shared prong eternity (I think tiffany''s has straighter edges than the memoire shared prong and that just happens to look better with my e-ring. The Memoire''s has bumpier edges I think.I''d probably go with this now, except it is $5,900 for .80ct 2mm band...WAY too much $ now), the michael B petit princess, maybe a channel set with thin sides. Gosh.....it''s just about which one to go with NOW, as my wedding band. I think I am leaning either on the Michael B Princess or the Sasha Primak thin sided channel, maybe more towards Michael B princess because channels are so much more common, although the channel might look better along because it will be a little thicker. Hmmm...

sp413mm.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving #1 with your e-ring. It just goes so nicely with it! Its such a delicate, lovely band.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I like the very first one.

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
I think my vote would be for the single prong...

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Ok- I''ve made my decision and I am going to order the Michael B Petit Princess today. This is my next question - the height of the Michael B is 1.85mm and the height of my engagement ring is 2mm. The Michael B Petite princess I have on in the first picture is a size 6 (they only had a size 6 in the store). My ring size and my engagement ring is 5.5. My question is: should I order a 5 3/4 size in the Michael B Petite Princess (not my true 5.5) to offset the slight difference in height AND also because I heard that you cannot resize eternity bands and this would leave a little wiggle room for the future (although I don''t anticipate needing it unless my knuckles get bigger).

The store owner also said that she could give me the size 6 for a little less money and she would put "butterflies" on the inside to make it fit better.

What do you think? Go with 5.5 true size and risk the heights being slightly different and not being able to resize if I need it, order a 5 3/4 to offset height and give wiggle room for future? Do other PSers tend to go slightly larger in size (by a quarter or half size) if they are buying eternity?

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My left ring finger is 5.5, but I like it a leetle bigger-- so I have 5.75 (and this way it still fits my right hand in case I want to switch it up)
you could always add little beads, etc. to the slightly larger size (but your kind of stuck...literally--if it''s too small)
(just be sure that ring isn''t going to go slipping off your finger.. unless I''m right behind you to find it
11.gif
)

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 5:17:26 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/22/2009 11:04:44 PM
Author: brightstone
shared prong - memoire
I like this one best.
I agree. I personally really like it when the band "references" the centre stone. The way these stones are set look like they are really mirroring the solitaire if that makes sense?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Petite princess!! It looks like it was made for your ring!!
36.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with the Michael B Petit or the Channel set band. I think both are nicely proportioned with your e-ring!

Dreamr724

Rough_Rock
I am a fan of the first one, I think the channel set makes it look bulky and less shiny. And I also like the classic platinum band look as well. It''s ultimately up to you!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Petite princess looks gorgeous with your e-ring!!! I love that look! My 2nd choice is the plain band.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your feedback guys!! I really appreciate it. I am going to go with the Michael B Petit Princess (PLUS, there was a little extra pull for that one in that my fiance''s name is Michael and his last name starts with a B :)...so his name will already be carved on the inside of my ring, for free. hehhehe). The only thing is that (I just discovered) that the Michael B Petit Princess (2mm) also comes in a "princess" at 2.3mm, and also a "classic princess" that is even thicker (I''m not interested in the thickest). I have to wait two whole weeks before I can drive to where I can try each on and compare these two thickness. Owwww the anticipation....SOooo close but yet so far!!!! I''ll be sure to post pics of the different thickness when I get pics of that.

Thanks again!
Bright.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad you picked the Michael B, that''s the one I was going to vote for.
Can''t wait to see more pics!

Kat

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure that they will make a lovely set
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results