shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh tacori...look what I''m getting tomorrow...u likie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The visual of you driving around shouting "tacori" is PRICELESS! Haha! I think Princesss lives VERY close to me. I can''t wait to find out exactly where at the GTG. I have a good guess though.

My neighbor called the cops. Scary. We are getting it ASAP if I have anything to say about it. I already told DH he cannot go out of town until we have one. For $30 a month everyone should have one!

Does your MIL and FIL sleep in separate beds? Mine sleep in separate rooms b/c FIL snores but my MIL always acts like it is rare for them to sleep apart...liar! I called her out of it b/c for the past 8 years she RARELY sleeps in the SAME room as him (and only does when there aren''t any extra beds) and she said she just didn''t want people to know. Whatever. Can''t fool me lady!

Do you have things planned to do? You could take the train uptown. The Mint Museum is really nice if you have never been. Hey, have you been to Paper Skyscraper on East Blvd yet? Def. worth leaving your cage for. Such cool stuff.

Our lawn is in a sad state also. We need to start over. Our house was a foreclosure and a rental before so therefore NEGLECTED! We only look like we have grass b/c the weeds are green
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay what do you think about these?!? I like them...what color do you think would work? You have already seen my rug. Our walls are a gray-tan (more gray than tan) and our sofa is a gray-green. I do have brown pillows on it right now that I want to keep. I like the layered look.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HA! I saw the same pillows and thought they were so cool....I just didn''t need them...I''m a huge fan of the putty ones...mainly bc I''m afraid of color, but I think from what you''re describing, that would look awesome...So funny that in the world of pillows, you pick those same ones! You must post pics!

Are you guys doing the GTG this weekend? If it wasn''t at the Mall on a weekend I might do it (hubby not working...I understand that other people have lives and work during the week haha)...but I''d probably end up having an anxiety attack and drive back home LOL..Maybe some will be up for a Starbucks moment during the week sometime...

What is Paper Skyscraper...? MIL and FIL were here RIGHT after we moved in and we didn''t do much...I also fell down the stairs (literally) the second day they were here and could barely walk....or sit ;-) They usually sleep together, but it''s all twins for them now! I didn''t want to spend for a king and it''s stupid in that room....so one twin will go back to the day bed and the other will be in that room....I painted all the trim upstairs tonight and am so sore. What a fat turd I am. Spending almost a year at home has done wonders for me
face21.gif
... My friend is due to have her urchin that weekend...I told her that I''m not taking his parents to see the baby ... SEE, THIS IS WHAT YOU DON"T HAVE lol....or even tell them she had it haha.... We usually just drive uptown...is there a reason the train is better? I want to take them to Cantina (die for their guac and black bean tacos and this multi-colored frozen drink they make)...and to Mama Ricottas (omg)...Oh, of course Le Peep...How about an "18 Wheeler"? LOL...Geez, this post is all over the place! :)

Oh, by the way, I was meaning to tell you...My dining room rug was on sale at Home Depot....and I got two matching runners for upstairs....and a mat for the front door. Dorky. I loved it....So I''m the same way as you if I really like something...

I went to TJ in Monroe today (a bit of a drive but relaxing)...they had some pretty bedding...

Hey- I need one of those CHEAP egg crate things for the 4 inch mattress I got them LOL...Where can I go? Nothing at target or TJ...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had an egg shell crate in college (LOVED IT!) I would try Walmart or K-mart. Class all the way! Maybe Kohl''s.
2.gif
We have a 4" memory form pad on our double bed in our guest room from Sam''s for $100...but I am sure a twin would be much cheaper.

So do you like those west elm pillows better than Target''s circle pillows? I figure I have waited *this* long so I might as well get some cool ones! I think I would get the blue (would bring out the blue in the rug and not fight with the green in the sectional. Here is paper skyscraper''s website. Doesn''t tell you much though! Ha! It is a store that when my mom or SIL visit they ALWAYS want to go to. They just have really cool stuff (books, decorative stuff, gag gifts, stationary, kitchen stuff...) I got an awesome lamp there. I think it would be totally your style. Plus I always like mom and pop type of places...well in this case pop and pop
2.gif
Help local business and all that.

How funny I was going to remind you of the GTG on Sunday. I understand if you don''t feel comfortable. When I met Diamondseeker it felt like a blind date. This probably will be less stressful b/c there will be more people...errr...does that even make sense? I need to deep clean my rings though. Don''t want my PS membership taken away for having a dirty diamond. There was a rant thread about dirty rings a while back and I was like "that is sad if *my* dirty ring really negatively affects YOUR life"
20.gif
People are nuts. I used to be obsessive like the rest of you but life gets in the way sometimes.
3.gif
I don''t drink coffee but I love me some hot chocolate and would love to meet you one day!

I understand not telling your ILs about your friend''s baby. I am sure not having children is difficult (opens the door for everyone to judge and critique your life). I don''t blame you for avoiding the situation. As much as I am totally in love with my daughter and love being a mom I know in my heart it is not for everyone. And that is perfectly ok!

Cantina is good. So is Firebird''s (DH''s favorite) and I really like Encore. Also if you like Indian food Bombay Grill (on 51 by Bally''s) is the best Indian food I have ever had.
18.gif
Jo Jo''s China Bistro is also good (stonecrest). I have only been to Mama''s once and I was newly preggo so I wasn''t in the "OMG, I LOVE food this is the BEST thing I have ever eaten" phase.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
K-mart has this foam pad for $11.99!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
not in a good frame of mind right now. just received the town newsletter and Weddington Road (right by Providence Plantation and my development which is across the street) is becoming 5 lanes. I''m like .... just don''t even know what to say....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, sorry to hear this. I know this is upsetting for you (I would be upset too). What does your DH say about it?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
he wouldn''t get excited or care if I put a bomb under his ass! thank god one of us isn''t psycho...Yeah, I''m just totally depressed about this...I mean, I know things are always changing and you can''t predict future conditions, but never did I think this already busy cute 2 Weddington Road I live off of would basically become a providence road...so bummed....

i really do like those West Elm''s...I bet they are super cool in person...I say go for it...maybe get the Target ones just in case you don''t like them...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Sorry! Hopefully something good will come out of it (not sure what though).

Maybe I should head over to west elm. It is in Dilworth though
20.gif
Wish it was closer. Or maybe I will just order them. Haha! My mom is coming in two weeks so I can drag her there with me. I am sure the Target ones will still be there. You agree the green would be too much on the green sofa right?

Oh speaking of things we love I have been drooling over that brown circle rug from C&B and I see Target has a knock-off version
36.gif
May have to get it for my foyer.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thanks. major bummer.

can you take a pic of the sofa in question? :) I''m really really bad at visualizing...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll try to tonight when the monster is in bed. She is in a MOOD today. I think it is teething related. I would be cranky too.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
hell ya I''d be cranky...hope she feels better....can you give her any drugs? LOL...You can see I''d make a great mom...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha!!! They DO have baby pain relievers. We gave her baby Tylenol and stuck her in front of the TV b/c we are such great parents. Haha! She is such a TV junkie. We tried playing and comforting her to no avail. She was LAUGHING once we turned on her kid''s shows. DH and I just stared at her for an hour relieved something could take her mind off the pain. She is not one to cry and be in a bad mood unless she has a reason. Overall she is a very mellow kid. Oh well. We all survived it.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you mean they don''t make baby percocet? :)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Lookie what I made for the kitchen table windows..picture is terrible...I made them for the three windows (have to put back in those window pane/grid things bc it looks empty)...with fabric and double stick tape....I hung that one with velcro actually bc a rod was impossible to place on that window...I wish I could take a close up of the fabric...super cool contemporary squares...I think I made it two inches too short but whatever...I wanted stiff looking cornice looking valances....what ya think? Be honest....

disco.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I like them. I am jealous you have a round/oval table. I think it makes it so much more intimate. Still thinking about the pillows...west elm are twice the price but they are super cool. I think about them getting messy though and think I would obviously care less with the Target pillows. I am too tired to take a picture of the room. Hopefully I will remember tomorrow. How are the guest rooms coming along?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG. Vinny is sitting here purring in my face. He rules so much I can hardly take it...

Here's a better pic...matches the rug and the neutrals in the other room...not bad for super duper cheapo over here since I'm so po....lol...I really wanted to get fabric to match a chair I have in the den...it's called "Berry Linen" (a gray and dark gray green leafy print...so amazing) but I wanted something up for the inlaws....Maybe I'll get 2 yards since that's all I need...I'm sure they charge me a fortune a yard though....this fabric I got a while ago and it was sitting around...

I had to get an oval bc of the space....The chairs I got later at the Waxhaw outlet for $50 each...I don't like the fabric but whatever...I actually don't love either...it was one of those husband freak out moments when he forced me to get something bc he was freaking aout moving into an empty house (the horror, the horror)...so I've made quite a few regretable purchases.....

Do the west elm ones come with a removable cover? That's major for me since you can pop it off and dry clean..I say go see them in person....how much are they?

Eh....not painting any of them...I started to prime the one with the stripes and never finished...and wanted to do the trim in the main room...but again, don't care much now...have cute bedding...and air mattresses for the bro in law and sis in law...The bathroom is almost done (contractor almost done "mudding" as you southerners like to say..I swear it's amazing how we understand eachother....he has SUCH an accent....a real country boy...talks to me about snakes and beer...really nice guy though and really reasonable) and I have to say it's looking awesome...It's funny...I look like a homeless woman who escaped from the group home, but OH, thank god my special order chrome hinges came in for the guest bath...whatever...

fabricshd.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
dude..those pillows have a zipper and say machine wash...hell ya...I''d get the covers and not the pillow inserts from them...get cheapies from ebay....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Here's the "berry linen"...looks a little more beige.gold here...of course it's a grade R so they'll f me on price...I wish I knew who really made it...I also wanted to get some extra fabric for my sofa in case of cushion mishaps, but to get it from the manu is wicked overpriced...

berrylinen.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it when my kitties cuddle! last night our male cat was spooning me and had his head on my pillow like a person. It was too funny.

ebay scares me...not sure why. I think the inserts are $12...is that high? The covers are $29 a piece. I wish west elm was closer...blah. I guess I could always order them online but I am not 100% sure of which color.

I like both fabrics. The square is nice b/c it brings in some contrast. Where is the "berry linen" from?

Post a pic of the bathroom when it is done! I bet it will look beautiful. Your DH's family is going to be so impressed.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...that's the BEST. I have a big fat black shadow that follows me around, literally, all day...I was doing some work upstairs and kept going up and down...he finally got wise and just waiting at the top of the stairs though...fatty chubbu wubbums!

Eh, more hassle finding cheaper inserts. Go for a drive...not that far!!!! You have to look at them in person...

DH going out to dinner with out of state work people tonight...so I'm in the cage for longer than usual...and with the halloween candy I got yesterday....mini snickers chilling nicely as we speak LOL...

Hey, if you're at a Rite Aid by you and you see a small foam skull (about 6 inches tall, $3.99, tell me!)...I got the one left last night by me and mounted it on my outside railing...looks super creepy! I need one more....

Oh, I don't know who makes the fabric...it was one of the fabric options for the chair which is by Lee Industries....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moremoremore, you and Tacori have awesome taste!!!! I love looking through this thead and Tessa is too cute Tacori! MMM, I am just sitting back and learning from all these wonderful interior design details!
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, so you are saying NOT to get the inserts at West Elm or I should? Confused? Hope you have a nice dinner! Where did you go? Hopefully somewhere yummy. I NEVER go to Rite Aid, actually not sure I ever have. Hopefully yuo will find those skull to scare the innocent, neighborhood children
2.gif

Skippy, thanks friend. She spent 20 mins today chasing one of our cats. So funny.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Never been to a Rite Aid? Scared of ebay? It''s over between us :)

Sorry lol....I was going to say get cheaper inserts, but who the heck wants to chase some others around in the hopes of saving what...5 bucks? Not worth it...
Hubby went to a work dinner...I sat on the couch with my bag of halloween candy. Truly, truly disguisting....he came home at 9 and then passed out...poor guy...

Skippy, you''re too kind....I just have no idea what I''m doing and clearly have nothing else going on in my life other than to make stupid drapes
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
CVS is closest to me so that is where I go if I need a drug store. Most the time I just go to Target though.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Target = ninth ring of hell LOL.... It''s just soo big and I always spend too much money on crap...
I''m trying to find some non spandex pajama items that still fit me well enough to be seen in public in...going to go to Home Goods in a bit and check out the newest. And you''ll see me on the next episode of Animal Cops, NC, because the littler box is bordering on cruelty LOL....must stop and get litter....asap

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, I ALWAYS spend WAYYYY too much at Target too. But they have almost everything I need in one store so it is easy. Okay, I FINALLY took pictures of my living room for you. Ignore the weird shadows the walls ARE painted a solid color. Haha. Also didn''t plump up the cushions...oh well.

Tacori_sectional.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is photographic proof I have the same fan
2.gif
I promise the room is NOT on an angle. I was in a hurry.

Tacori_ceilingfan.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That looks great! Yeah, nice fan LOL....The rug looks even sicker than I expected. Wish I needed it. OK, I'm going to say no to the West Elm pillows. Not going to work with the rug. I say go for the Target ones...Did you get those silver vases at Garden Ridge? I saw some there that were really attractive...
Do you have a picture of the Target pillow? (they must have it online, no?) I would like to see some layering of solid tones and textures....you don't want to compete with the rug...I like the existing pillows...are you adding on or replacing? I would leave them ... I like the look...

Home goods was a near bust...I am obsessed with those large glasss round balls that look like they have bubbles in there...I was in love with a BIG one that weighed a ton but it was $35...too rich for my blood....Ahhh, the good old days, where are you? :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I thought circle pillows might be a nice contrast to all the 90 degree angles. The fireplace screen also has squares on it. Plus they would tie into my circle tables, circle mirror, etc...When I looked for the pillows online they weren''t up yet. One was a light blue silk (probably faux but looked like raw silk) with brown circles threaded. The others were dark gray (would that look okay layered with the brown?) and the circles are solid if that makes sense. I was going to keep the front pillow (just got those at HG a few weeks ago) and store the others b/c they are so old and lumpy.

I got those vases from pier one a few years ago. They have a cool texture. I have some awesome HUGE silver candle holders (two different heights) with pillar candles that used to sit in front of the fireplace but once the monster started crawling I moved them into another room. The silver really popped on the black marble. Plus I am obsessed with the gallery picture frames from red envelope. I kinda want to get another for over our bed (I am weird b/c I do not like hung art over my bed. I guess I am scared it is going to fall on me while I am sleeping. So I like that this is drilled into the wall) I figured I would move the wedding pic collage upstairs and make the new one a shrine to the monkey.

Sucks HG didn''t have anything good...well actually that is probably a good thing. I just got a huge glass vase with a lid (like they have in PB all the time) and got these cool wooden balls (different textures) from Target. I think it looks cool. I have not seen the glass balls but they sound neat.

I need to go to GR soon. Maybe after Halloween so I can pick up some cheap for next year. Now that I have a child I have more of an urge to decorate for the holidays... strange huh? Plus her b-day is so close to Halloween I am guessing it will be an important holiday for her. My MIL gave me a lot of her old stuff but I think good will is going to get most of it
11.gif
27.gif

BTW, every time I see a volvo I look (not that I know what you look like!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results