shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh tacori...look what I''m getting tomorrow...u likie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...yeah, me too....too many typos to count...

As for a white countertop...check out Zodiaq Okite (faux carerra...people either love it or hate it...I really like it)....I have Okite in a super dark chocolate with dark dark almost black veining...
Also, Quartzite...amazing white with gray veining..doesn''t stain.......and lastly, a great white Silestone would work too since it''s good enough for Candace Olson! I say go for white marble if you have a death wish LOL...that''s not for kitchens, it''s for museums LOL...I don''t know how people keep up with the upkeep....

OK, here are the rods...the rods aren''t that bad actually BUT the end caps cost more...and the brackets...and the rings...so it''s over $100 per rod and I need 4 maybe a really realy long 5th.......the ones I got the bedroom are from Walmart are were $12! My problem is that I dont want very fat ones...I want not super thin but medium...must have an endcap design (pictured)....and will be hanging the drapes with rings....

rods.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 11:33:53 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Okay, here was our old fireplace. I don't have a before picture on my computer but it was generic red brick, rustic wood mantel, and bright brass frame around fireplace. I think it looked better IRL than this picture but gives you an idea. DH loves doing tile work so he did it all (and came up with the design). Makes me sad to see this picture b/c this was our first house. Of course it was nice to move up but a *small* part of me still missed out hold house.

thank you for posting this photo. It is inspiring to me. As I mentioned earlier, I'm thinking stone on the surrounding walls... and maybe darker stone, same style, for the fireplace to the ceiling? also, the other day, I was thinking that it would be cool to tile INSIDE the fireplace with bronze-finish tiles. Not that I'll ever use the fireplace, what with the power point inside it.

MMM, in relation to your curtain rods, when I went to bed last night, I was wondering why we hadn't suggested dark brown wood. We were just discussing metallics. I guess wood is 'old hat'? Dunno, wood might be more 'the stayer', long after we're all over the metallics 'flash in the pan'? although I have to confess, I do love metallics in smallish doses.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 10:37:03 PM
Author: moremoremore
Hey- also check out Luce Di Luna...I THINK it's a granite or quartz....

Some of these slabs are really ugly...a few in the bunch are really pretty...

http://www.stonesource.com/stone_slabs.php?id=489

Those are pretty! I saw a bathroom (set-up) at the Tile Shop in white marble and it took my breath away. I agree though, the upkeep would be too much! Did you guys find gas?

Lara, glad I could inspire you! Can't wait to see what you do.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that Luce stuff stains and I bet you can find a slab that looks enough like Marble...
I''m so bummed out...a contractor cam by today to discuss a crack in the ceiling and he think it''s just settling...and he was also looking at this god aweful beam right in the middle of my kitchen that makes the hall look so long...old contractor was a putz...and it''s at least 3 grand to move it..no way hubby would go for it..and really, I shouldn''t even be considering it...whatever...

Hubby was really lucky - after a haircut in Plantation Market (McKeen and Weddington) he noticed that there were two lines at the BP on Weddington...no one really was on the 2nd line so he was #4...the other line spilled onto Weddington...thank god. This is crazy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
He did get lucky! Have you heard when things will get back to normal? Oh as of now the GTG will be Oct. 18th at SouthPark just so you know. Hopefully it will be diamondseeker (and her Leon/Tiffany''s wedding set), Diane (stunning halo) and Princesss. Oh and me! Haha. We would love to meet you.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Can''t....hubby has a major implementation at work that weekend (actually why we postponed the inlaw visit) and unless I get a job in the new two weeks, I won''t get a 2nd car yet...but really, MALL + SATURDAY = NO MMM hahaha...

hey- on the inner part of the surround around my fireplace, I have these little cutouts in the metal....do you think I can just spray paint that? I guess I need to use special spray paint...e/t we can''t use it to code bc I lowered the mantel to put the tv there...never put it there, but code requires it higher...moreover, I don''t like fire in my house LOL...even in a fireplace ...I should do it a super dark bronze? I worry that the silver spray paint might look cheap...and the darkness there might ground the area since the whole space is a bit imbalanced like me LOL.... I can''t believe I"m going from billing $200 an hour to sending my resume in for $15/hr jobs.
40.gif
LOL....and I''m sick over that support beam in my kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sick over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my onctractor sucked LOL

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, that is too bad. You will miss out for sure. But something tells me even if it was another date you wouldn''t come.
2.gif

They might make high heat spray paint. I am not sure. We used the standard stuff but like you we never used it. I am having a hard time envisioning metal cutouts inside? Can you see them form the outside? I would NOT do silver and agree it would look cheap.

So the courthouse job didn''t work out? That''s too bad. Must be frustrating. How about working in a jewelry store or a high end furniture store? Like Design w/in reach
18.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HAHA. lol.....No, I might be tempted to go, but I don't do malls on weekends ever. Ever. I actually have a fear of crowds....of course.

I'll post a pic in a bit...have to make it look like I was productive all day since it's almost 5:00 LOL...

Haven't heard about that job yet...the closing date for applications was the 26th....so I wouldn't expect to hear for a few weeks...things are slow around here man :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I hate any store/place on the weekends too but I will suffer to see some bling
3.gif
I am just selfless like that.

I feel unproductive everyday. Haha! I think I''ll drag myself and the baby outside for a walk. Gotta wait until she wakes up though.

I didn''t realize mantels had to be a certain height. All the rules! I think I have to start bugging DH about the lights again. I want them in place for T''s b-day in a month (or at least thanksgiving by the latest!) Hopefully a showroom has the monster one for us to look at
30.gif
What if I hate it IRL?!?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, looks like a design job might come up so maybe I can make enough (or at least a good portion) to buy that black bookcase
18.gif
Off to measure the space!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I''m jealous
2.gif
of you girls being at ''nesting/redecorating'' stage... here I am still trying to sort out our finance while the financial markets go from p** to p**. I don''t think it''ll affect us overmuch... but it is worrying, nonetheless!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh girl! Please! I haven''t worked since November...went from reall good salary that I basically kept for myself to not making any money for a year...and looking for a job in this market...we basically got everything when we moved in bc we sold a more expensive place back in NY....Fun and games are all over now...unless it''s a $5 can of spray paint LOL....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I hope you find something soon MMM!

Lara, our renos are going VERY sloooooowly. DH is in real estate and we like to pay cash for things so we wait until we have the money. Luckily he is handy so can do lots of things himself. Then we only have to pay for materials. And often times he gets a discount since he buys so much stuff and/or they know him. Plus I feel like our home (which was a foreclosure) is a diamond in the rough. Just needs some polishing
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
That''s what I need, Tacori! a handy man! My man IS handy - he mends animals broken bones, and is really tricky about it - but he barely knows how to pump up a tire! Well, perhaps he''s not quite that bad. But almost!
In addition, he works such long hours, that it is difficult to get him to move from the couch on his hours off!!
Renovations do seem fun though ... in theory, at least! thanks for the heads together girls, appreciate it!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- Lara, I keep fluffing and switching hubby''s chair cushion...I swear I can see his bum print in it bc that''s where you can find him after work and on weekends LOL....

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 9:50:33 AM
LOL- Lara, I keep fluffing and switching hubby''s chair cushion...I swear I can see his bum print in it bc that''s where you can find him after work and on weekends LOL....
haha that''s funny!

I am most concerned about my prized leather lounge.

My husband LIES on it, in the same position each time, with his head on the armrest...he NEVER varies! One half of my lounge is sagging to the floor, I''m sure!

I try never to sit on ''his'' part, because I''m trying to even up the wear on the springs! However, I am 50kgs, and he is over 100kg... so I''m fighting a losing battle.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI, the CLT GTG was moved to 10/19...just wanted to let you know.

Also have you seen the curtain rods from West Elm??? I am drooling over them right now!
18.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 10:37:03 PM
Hey- also check out Luce Di Luna...I THINK it''s a granite or quartz....

Some of these slabs are really ugly...a few in the bunch are really pretty...

http://www.stonesource.com/stone_slabs.php?id=489

That looks like marble and it''s quite pretty.

I LOVE the coffee table/ottoman. That''s a great space you have there.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of West Elm....they opened one in CLT!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Penn! ( I think you were talking to me LOL)...

Lara- I do the same thing...i never sit in that chair to give it some breathing room!

Tac- do you need any form of end or bed table? There is a sick on on Craigslist...type in "Colorplay"....it''s a Thomasville piece that I actually saw in the store and loved...is too big for me though..I was going to offer $100...steal!

There''s a West Elm here now?! Awesome!

I need to buy three freakin twin beds and bedding in the next two weeks bc husband''s family is coming...I have no idea how to dress a bed..i suck at it...and I can''t find Twins at TJ or Home Goods! Argh!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool! Don''t really have a place for it either. What about in between 2 of the twin beds?

Twin beds...hmmm....I cannot believe Home Goods doesn''t have anything. Guess I have never really looked for twin stuff. What about Kohl''s or a department store? Company store? What colors are you looking for? 3 twin beds...you are a nice DIL!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You speak too fast- I say give em the air beds...hubby says no....so I have a day bed with a mattress with a trundle (no mattress) and need two twins for another room...I will keep one twin in there and put the other in the storage closet....

I don't want to spend a lot so I haven't looked at dept stores...One room is painted the original sage green and I"m SO not changing it. I figured get some white sheets, white down-alt comforters (I don't do down anymore...poor birds)....and then a brown coverlet at the foot of the beds with shams...

The other room I'm so painting white-gray...well, almost white...all the design mags have white et they talk about color...the day bed is a beautiful dark sleigh day bed...we left the carpet in that room (it's a light gray)...I don't know what color to do....Ehh, such problems... :)

As for the table, it's just too large...it's a big boy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this is your style but I think there is something cool and modern about it (and it is on sale!). Maybe good for the gray room. I love this honeycomb pattern. Plus they have lots of colors left (and cheap!) Here is a white comforter (down alt). This blue would be pretty with the gray. Not on sale but I love this. Oh! Here here is a chocolate brown quilt on sale.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also look at Target. The dwellstudio and Thomas O''Brien stuff is usually cool. One of my cheap baby websites say some of the stuff is 75% off (and found a twin comforter...though who knows what it looked like...for under $5)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Holy crud! Thanks! That''s a lot of stuff! I love the honeycomb one! I don''t want to spend more than about $60 bucks for each...cheap! cheap! .... that one is really nice...they all are...some too $ for me though...But I''ll check them all out again!! Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew you would like that one. $53 is pretty decent and they always have coupons if you do a search. Seriously though try Target. Maybe even K-mart or walmart has something. I would try Home Goods again too...Blakney has a Target so it would be one quick trip over.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I went to Anna's and Stein Mart in Matthews tonight...Anna's has mostly crud, but some REALLY nice down alternative comfies for cheap and they are super fluffy....I really wanted white though....I got myself a king really nice powder blue for $29.99...not bad! Really more for show since I sleep with my own blankie LOL..Steinmart has all the home goods stuff but more sets and more expensive....I had only been in there once before...

So the walls are a minty sage green that I don't have energy to paint....so I got 2 cool pillows (green with brown and gold...$20 for one and $15 for another bc it has a few little thread pulls I'm going to cut off...)...I'm going to go a clean white duvet with a white case and brown case and a brown sheet to fold over....then I got these throws for 10 bucks! at SteinMart that I'll put at the foot of the bed...is that ok you think e/t the pillow has no white...I didn't want to go cream bc finding bedskirts is going to be a pita...?

You should go to Home Goods tomorrow night at 7:30 and we can try to pick eachother out LOL

pillow.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh...check out these 2 little Home Good cuties from the weekend! They were I think $12.99....

PICT0583.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I don't know if you remember that I was having trouble with one side of my room....I admit that hubby had the idea on how to move things around...I think it came out ok...I moved my upholstered chair to the middle with a round table and set it sideways in front of the fire place...
I think this is ok and will meet inlaw approval...I want to get one of those tall "Mantis" lamps to replace the one I have there...

Of course the 2 scratching posts and fuzz are the centerpiece of my whole design LOL

PICT0588.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results