shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh tacori...look what I''m getting tomorrow...u likie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think white goes with everything! Are you ILs picky type? Haha. I have a stein mart coupon but have never gone. If we met up I could give it to you
27.gif
7:30 would be tough (if you are at all serious) b/c my baby's daddy often works late and she is in bed by then. Plus I have to dry clean my hot pink jogging suit! Bwwahahaa!

ETA: I think it will look great. What about the gray room?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You baby's daddy!!!! LMAO!!!!
Yeah, I'd have to dry clean my black....er.....it's all black LOL

I probably put more pressure on myself than anyone...it's just that the rooms are like junk storage pitts now LOL....

Oh, it's now off white. F it. I'm going off white....! :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I get it! You are proud of your house (as you should be. You have done a beautiful job!) and want to show it off. I am the same way. You should get some flowers for the rooms at TJ''s. I always do and my MIL and SIL ALWAYS say they look forward to seeing what I put in there. They have these cute flower plant things.

Home Goods is totally on my list of places I want to go. Of course I can''t remember why or what I even need there...
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So what did you end up with?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey there...I just got cheap $15 twin white sheet sets on sale from Target and then a pair of brown cases...(they had $11.99 ones LOL but they were like sand paper...at least these are 300 td ct)....So I just need two white down-alt duvets...I''ll go to HG or worse comes to worse JC Penny last minute...
I spend too much in there man...towels.....funny candy for a care package for my friend in CA....etc., etc. HG is no better....there is always someething stupid to buy!

For the other room, I''m just going to use what I have and maybe get some Home Goods pilows...

BTW, the job market sucks here! I can''t find anything!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, sorry you have having problems finding a job. I have a feeling depending what happens with this Wachovia deal it will just make it worse. So glad DH is not in banking. Hopefully your DH is not either.

Awwww....pillows! That is what I wanted to go to HG for. Plus I need cupcake pans (I am doing a cupcake tower instead of a cake for the monkey''s b-day). Also want to go to ON to see if they have any cute, cheap sweaters. I am such a sweater whore! But I am picky. And pickier now that my body is the way it is. I need an afternoon off. I also need to go to the dollar store, Babies R Us, Michael''s...hard to do with a baby. I want to get cheap, white gift bags...hopefully the dollar store will have them (though I always need a hot shower when I leave that place
14.gif
) DH and I are going to the home show on Friday. I am excited to see what they have and get new ideas!
36.gif
Plus we never do anything fun. Haha.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought you would like this picture. Wish it wasn''t blurry...sometimes my camera does that. But our cat gave T a head butt. So cute!

TandM.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK. She is officially my favorite baby EVER!!! LOL...that is so freakin cute!!!

LOVE the rug. I must know where you got it.

As for hubby, he's at BOA LOL...thank god he didn't go to Wachovia
41.gif
\

Anyhoo...I'm going back to priming....Bright blue and gold stripes in the bedroom. Oye. Can I just leave it primed? Isn't primer a color? LOL
14.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought as a cat lover you would love that photo. Our female cat seems to like her a lot She will wag her tail all over Tessa''s face and of course Tessa thinks it is the funniest thing ever. Madison (the cat) will even let T pet her but of course she gets rough after a minute or two. She obviously doesn''t know what the word "gentle" means yet. Our male cat, Grayson, ignores the baby. He is a lover with us (sleeps in between our heads) but I think T freaks him out.

Believe it or not I got that rug at Lowe''s (cheap too!) I actually have two of them which makes me feel lame. I started off with the 5x8 in our foyer. Then we decided to get a large rug (maybe 6 months later) for my living room and I love the square one much so I got the 8x11 and moved the other square rug in my office and our old living room rug into the foyer (which I don''t LOVE but it''s okay for now). So those are the colors I need to find pillows in. They also have a red/orange/purple version which is also really pretty.

So which bedroom are you painting? The green one? You''ll be glad once it is done. I wanted to hit up HG today but the rain stopped me. Felt like a bad mom to drag her out in weather like this. So maybe tomorrow. Oh, you would find chocolate brown bedding at BB&B for sure (use a coupon!)

I heard HOA treats their people so good. I met a girl who works there now (formally at Wachovia) and said there is a night and day difference. They seem strong so hopefully this craziness won''t affect them.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to barge on into your thread ladies...But, I really have to say how much I love that pic Tacori! At first I thought she was biting the cat!
9.gif
I guess I''m twisted because it made me LOL!

Did somebody say "painting stripes"? OK, MMM - I MUST see pics when this is finished!!!! No, primer isn''t a color! Get to business lady!

And funny, your DH works for BofA. My hubby almost did. Long story involving one of their mergers/takeovers/buyouts - whatever you want to call it. Anyway, there was a possibility we would have moved to NC. Hubby jumped ship and is now at a different sinkhole...I mean bank!
23.gif
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda, all are welcome! How fun if you would have moved here
31.gif
Hopefully his job now is stable.

I wish the photo wasn''t blurry. But if the flash had gone off when it was suppose to (she was smiling at the camera) this photo op would have been missed. After the head bump (from kitty) T got the giggles. Maybe the fur tickled her. I love that Madison is affectionate with her. I was very worried how our fur babies would react to the real baby. Now T just has to learn how to say "cat" or "kitty" instead of "ga, ga."

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL....not me Miranda! I'm covering the blue and yellow stripes (two shades of blue ... light blue at the bottom...then dark blue in the middle...then more yellow...then dark blue at the very top) stripes! I'm much more of an off white kind of girl! :)

This whole economy is a sinkhole...I am just getting more and more and more (haha) lost every day....
32.gif
I just have a few naughty little secrets that hubby must NEVER find out about...plus my law loans so I need a job asap!
11.gif
I taped Oprah today though haha...she had a family which feeds itself for $4 a day or something...they are probably eating cat food :)

Getting out of my PJs is a struggle...I dragged my ass out to CZS before to buy some candy still completely covered in paint and didn't even care...

40.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - It would be fun!!! I do love So Ca, but, from time to time I crave change. Stable? In the banking industry? Hahahahahaha - Well, he''s as stable as it''s gonna get. I''m not complaining. You have to have thick skin and take the good with the bad. Awww - that''s so sweet that your kitty is snuggly with T. When DD was born one of my cats (my lap cat) used to try to sit on her while I was nursing. He didn''t get that there was a living thing there...Or maybe he did! He just wanted pets! Maybe she''s trying to say ''gato'' - that''s what ga, ga means!
9.gif

MMM - LOL! Sinkhole...That''s what this economy is! And - $4 per day! I spend $60 per day feeding this brood!!!!! I think my cat''s food is more expensive than $4 per day. I need to watch that show. I wonder how the fam would react if I fed them Top Ramen.......All week long.

OK, so I get that you are trying to be RID of the stripes. They do sound a bit...bold! I totally have stripes on the brain. I am trying to talk DS into letting me paint the walls tan (that matches the hall outside his room) and then paint a stripe around the top of his room. The model had it in one of the rooms and it was great for a boy''s room. But, no - he doesn''t want tan walls. He wants some crazy ass color like bright yellow or red! Not gonna happen. We''ve been at this for 2 years. I''m going to get it done and darn it, I''m the mom. The walls will be whatever color I say they will be!!!!
9.gif

You had to leave the house to get candy? You need kids, girl! There''s a plethora of candy here...Always. I even have some from LAST Halloween!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh god! Kids! I can''t handle one more thing to worry about now!!!
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif

I''m already the broad side of a barn ... and I have 3 peanut butter cups for breakfast...that''s why there is no candy here LOL>..

I love to paint...I try to do it a litle each day..when I can''t take things anymore, I paint....tell him you''ll do bright accents...maybe he''ll "buy" that !!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
BTW, Tacori, if you''re as sad as you claim to be, we could be great friends LOL.... because I''m a MISERABLE sack of ****....

I think I''m getting out of the cage tomorrow and hitting HG...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, Guess it has always been one of my deep dark secrets. I think most people would describe me as a very happy person (and I learned from a *very* early age who easy it was to fake or appear happy). It isn''t that I am NOT ever happy but I go through my spells. I haven''t had a truly bad spell in years. I think sadness is almost comforting and familiar so it does take a real effort sometimes not to embrace it.

Miranda, you are funny. What if you do a bright accent wall. Compromise.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Geez, we are quite alike.....everyone thinks I'm so funny and happy...I feel that only one of my best friends really, really knows me. tears of a clown my friend, tears of a clown
5.gif
I did need a miserable friend here in NC, so that works out great LOL
41.gif
Now if only I can get past the pink jogging suit
41.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
I will have you know I have never owned a jogging suit (in any color) ever.
1.gif
Can't remember the last time I jogged either. I was thinking the other night I will probably only run if my life was in danger and/or someone was chasing me. Just came back from HG. They seemed to have A LOT of stuff. More than normal. No pillows that will work for me
7.gif
Maybe I should learn how to sew. I would have better luck finding fabric I bet. Then went over to ON and bought 2 sweaters. They had some cute stuff and gotta love their prices. There baby girl stuff is kind of scary. She doesn't need any clothes anyways. There was this VERY strange lady in line behind me with a very tiny baby. The baby barfed (that's just what babies do) and she was freaking out asking for paper towels
20.gif
I say lady, bring your own spit rag like the rest of us did or worry about it later. It isn't that big of a deal. Oh, priceless, she blamed the vomit on waiting. Okay...I am sure your 1 month old daughter is very distressed that you have to wait in line.

How's the painting going? I hate to paint walls. Luckily DH won't let me anyways. He says I do it wrong. Bwahahaha...part of my plan
11.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sick. When I got home DH did also so I ran out again (w/o the monster this time) and went back to ON and got TWO more sweaters. I saw them when I was checking out but T was screaming...yes I was THAT mom...so I wanted to get out as quickly as possible I really do need to clean out my closet. I have stuff from high school. I don't wear it but I have it. I have such problems giving stuff away. Anyways...one is pink (hollyhock) and I thought of you. Haha. Then I ran over to the Target and they had 2 different style of pillows that *could* work for me. I will look on their website to see if they have photos.

ETA: not on the website. One was blue with chocolate brown circles (outlines I think) the other was a dark gray with different color circles (blue, tan, green, etc..)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes! You certainly do need sweaters...after all, it's a freezing 75 degrees out LOL....I kid. I actually do love thin and long sweaters...hard to find...normal stuff is always too short on me! I THINK I saw which pillows you're talking about...there stuff isn't really all that cheap, but they've come such a long way in terms of design...they had some really nice mod coverlets as well...

It's ok...I went to HG twice today!!! Once in the AM....got two matching Martha Stweart faux bois (spelling?) downl alt comforters for $30 each..and they are really nice feeling and looking! So I"m basically done...

I did go to garden ridge and got a plain black mirror for my bathroom downstairs...it was $24...I think white would be better...I may paint it...

SOOOO, how much do I love garden ridge...they have so much crappy artwork but buried under the rubble is some amazing stuff and they always have the name of the art piece on the tag....suckers...so they had this print for $99 on this ugly matting and I came home and looked it up and it's $35 on all posters...I'm SO in love with it in person...it's one of those "moving" pieces of art...(I just saw what it looks like in this post and it looks like I moved myself LOL...looks kind of crappy no pun intended)...really nice in person...

BTW, I have 3 days to learn excel for an interview...whatever.

Also, too funny...a jeweler in Matthews with no help and I hit if off and he wants me to help him market and work loose diamond sales for him on commission ... I'll be like the Lesley of WF for this guy! Fun!....I might actually do it.....

constellations.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...it does get cold here...plus we always go to Ohio for x-mas and I''ll have to visit my family in WI in early spring (last year when I went in April there was a snow storm and they closed the airport
23.gif
) So I am sure they will get used!

Cool poster. I never knew the names were on it. I will have to look next time clever lady. I heard Hobby Lobby has CHEAP frames and mattes. Never been though. GR''s mirrors are the best! So delightfully cheap.

Do you like those Target pillows? You are right they aren''t as cheap as you would expect. One was $25 and one was $20. I was going to wait for a sale since I think they are newer designs.

I think the jewelers idea sounds great. It is a departure and probably would feel more like a hobby than a job. 100% commission is kinda scary though. Excel is pretty easy. I am not great at it but know the basics. Good luck with both opportunities.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the jeweler thing would only be until I found something....
The excel is for a para job....still never heard anything from the Superior Court...

Hmmmm...and I think I remember the one being $25...very nice stuff...The danger of waiting for the sale is it disappears...
As for GR, yeah, they have the names of the print, but not the artist....only the manu of that package piece...but it's so easy to google it...Must of the stuff is horrific...some stuff very cool if you look....

I'm going to some place by the Indian Trail Walmart now to find a cheap mattress...Let's hope I don't get abducted LOL..I predict my car will automatically drivr into the Dunkin! Hubby has to work tonight until midnight for a project ugh...so I'll be on the compu learning excel !!!

BTW, my sister is in Wisconsin in Madison...I think in some really nice area called Lake Mendoda...I've never been there (we don't stay in touch much) but I think she bought a house right on the water that was a gazzilion bucks and it was a tear down.. must be nice
27.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got our mattress really cheap at an outlet place on Independence. You can talk them down. I think we got our pillow top king and box spring for $600. So you should try there too. It is almost to that ugly gold building.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This place was on Independence in the little shops by Walmart...just a litte warehouse....To tell you the truth, I didn't haggle LOL...I was distracted and in a hurry...but it was really dirt cheap so whatever....

to change the subject, we got an email from a neighbor who was at her in-laws in Hampton Green last night....there were lights on and several people home...and they were robbed at gun point...people just walked in the unlocked front door. Very scary. I don't seem to recall this much crime in nice neighborhoods in NY....Hubby always thinks I'm paranoid not leaving the french doors to the patio door unlocked for the cats to go in and out of the patio during the day....I'm also going to leave the alarm on during the day...and last night the girl at Starbucks was all nervous and said they called the cops bc a guy was getting really aggressive demanding free food...

I wouldn't think I'd be more nervous here than in NY....and it's funny...cheap mattresses are also cheaper and nicer in NY...I got one on the side of a bodega LOL..no order forms, not nothing...just stick it on your roof and drive away....and it wasn't this 5 inch thich piece of cardboard MIL is going to sleep on
emsmilep.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmm....scary! Where is Hampton Green again? Off Ballantyne Commons? Strange you say that b/c we had police patrol our neighborhood all night. I was wondering what was going on. Maybe it was related?
33.gif
Were the people okay? What alarm co do you use? Do you have one of those two ways things? We are thinking of getting one but the spy factor is kinda freaky no?

Somethings are cheaper in NYC but not real estate
2.gif
9.gif
You know some PSer got their ring from Matthews (not a regular). I think it was "Designs by"...can''t remember. If that is the store they seem to have beautiful stuff!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think it's closer to me...I remember looking at a home there and didn't like it though LOL...yeah, they are fine. Scary stuff.

BTW, in 2011, they are putting the 485 interchange basically in my development's back yard by the Y. I want to kill myself. I'll likely want to move.

I'm not sure what a 2 way is...? We used ADT...had it put in when we moved in. I'm paradnoid in general...also, back in NY in Queens before we put a gate on the fire escape window, hubby is certain he walked in on someone on the fire escape and our screen was open and the cats were all sitting there looking at the window....the guy below us on vacation was robbed that night...

Our former owners in NC had unmonitored motion sensors....we coudn't use that type anyway bc of the cats...We a have monitored (as in they call you when your contractor leaves a window open
20.gif
) system with sensors on the windows and doors....Then we also have glass breaks which are little smoke alarms things that are mounted to the ceiling and detect when...glass is broken duh LOL....which is good bc I'd just smash our french doors and walk right in or the glass surrounding the doors and reach in and open it. We also put inside keyed dead bolts and turn style bolts on the doors (yup, paranoid...and it's a pain to only have the keyed one because you can't get outside withou unlocking it) ....I'm also key dead bolting the closet with the alarm system in it bc I hear that they just rip the thing up...

I think you definitely need something. Worth every penny.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to the home show yesterday (boring!) but talked to 3 companies. One smaller one...no thanks! CDT (sp?) which we liked. They do the two way so they actually TALK to you through the system vs. calling you. Seems cool (they will HEAR if someone breaks in) but a little creepy. Also talked to Brinks. Both said motion was a no go with the two cats but had other great ideas. He said they have this thing if the phone line is cut the police automatically come out (since that is how most systems work). Sounds good to me! We also will get a few glass break monitors for the back of the house. I get scared too. I could care less about our stuff just about our safety.

If it makes you feel better 485 is basically in my backyard. I am used to it (but we also knew it was there when we BOUGHT the house). I probably would be pissed if I found out about it later too.

I am so relieved. I pretty much got all the errands I wanted to get done this morning. I went a little crazy in the $1 ribbon bin at Michaels...but besides that I needed everything I bought. Now I have to muster up the energy to clean. Bleh...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm....where does Tacori live in Btyne...Hmmm....I can probably figure it out and come cut your phone line HAHA...

As for me, I literally get quite hysterical about the 485 ramp project. The two lane Weddington Road and the fact that there were nothing but trees on it is why I bought this house since we''re the 6th house off of the road....They have already widened Weddington and now this. They are putting a light at the exist of Plantation Drive on Weddington with an on and off ramp....and that is where the clover leaf entrance/exit will be. HOPEFULLY they will preserve as much green as possible and make it look like an ordinary road. Some say it will raise value since it''s a bit of a drive to 485 on Providence...but I don''t care. I''m so sick over it I can''t even express it without crying....There I go LOL..

Wait, so the alarm co can hear you at night? So if your husband eats a bowl of chili and goes to bed, they hear it? LOL...or only if the alarm goes off? If that''s the case, that''s awesome... they can hear you begging for your life haha...What does it say about me that I''m more worried about my stuff? Kidding. I guess I feel that nothing will happen to us...false sense of security...and that it''s going to be a nightmare replacing all my credit cards, documents, etc...

I''m like .000005 done with the excel tutorial and I''m bored and on ps already. ugh.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are lots of houses along or by 485 but I would be very impressed if you did figure it out! I can just imagine a tall woman clothed only in black knocking on my door (with her volvo in my driveway).

We have lots of huge trees in our neighborhood too. It's nice b/c even though it is a subdivision we still have a decent amount of land and mature trees. It is strange though that they are starting to change color while it is still so warm outside.

It is such a beautiful day today. We took a nice walk and I am STILL putting off cleaning
14.gif
I wish I was someone who took pleasure from it but alas I am not. One of my neighbors said she caught three guys stacking out her house last week
23.gif

When do the inlaws come? Are you done painting? When I was at BB&B today they had a lot of sheets and stuff on clearance if you still need stuff.

ETA: they made it sounds like they can hear you when the alarm is on...not sure I am going to go with that one. Especially if I have it on during the day. Then again I don't feel like I have something to hide. What if I stub my toe and scream on the way to the bathroom. Are the cops going to come? It gives me the creeps. I think they have the other kind of alarm too (where they call you). That might be a better option.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL....you forget that I don't have the volvo tonight so you're safe :) I'll drive around at night asking for "Tacori" LOL...

Although going to jail might be a nice break...no pressure to work....free food....I can work out in "the yard"

It is probably SO easy for you to figure out where I live...But I'm not scared...I can kick your pink-jogging suit wearing ass up and down Weddington if I had too LOLOL....
face23.gif

This crime is terrible...bc the economy is so bad people are desperate....What did she do about the guys? When r u guys getting the alarm..they install so quickly...

I love this weather too...good hair days too...a lot less humidity than Queens and Long Island...our trees are starting to change a little too...and thank god some of the greenery is starting to die..it was a little wild kingdom for a while...but it does look like a giant pack of wild dogs peed on our lawn and killed it all LOL...the landscaper said we had a lot of that weedy grass so he killed it all and seeded, etc...It's like crop circles..Hey! I can run away and say I got abducted by aliens! I'm so anti-social...I basically loved this house bc I can't see any of my neighbor's yards...although the one in back of me got a rottie and I can sure hear him...

I may pass on this recruiter thing Tuesday and my skill test. too stressful for this wuss...They want labor law experience and the recruiter was kind of a be-autch..I think she is just a salesman and doesn't care I won't get hired...

In-laws and the rest come next Thursday...I'm pretty good with buying stuff...decided not to kill myself painting the room the bro in law (remember the Facebook incident haha) will be in....I'm using that day bed twin for one of the MIL, FIL beds and giving him and his wife an air mattress in the bonus room/office. Why bother. I still want to finish painting the trim upstairs which was/partly still is a horrible horrible yellow beige color...Ick. The handy guy better get his arse here Mon to finish mudding and sanding the spare bath so I can paint it!
40.gif

OK. Back to my office tutorial..I get a boca "chicken" burger and some slaw at 7:00!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results