shape
carat
color
clarity

off to er

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are home. Take care of yourself. Prayers and hugs!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
So glad you are home and feeling a bit better. Are you comfortable with their decision to send you home?

I think i can deal with it but under normal conditions would have raised the issue..
Wifey4vr is ticked \ stressed they sent me home.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry about going back if the need arises. Better to be safe. I keep hoping you will continue to recover. Take care.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Wifey takes great care of you! Prayers for both of you at this time. If I can help her in any way she knows how to get hold of me!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you both & I hope you're feeling better soon.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think i can deal with it but under normal conditions would have raised the issue..

I was afraid of that. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
I think Covid is so wide spread that might be the concern honestly than anything else and they don’t want to keep people unless they are too sick to be home..
not sure if u are in one of the hot spots ..
do you have a Bipap at home ? If you do you might be able to use it at night along with steroids and antibiotics..
if worse def go back
best wishes for you to be back to your normal

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
take care Karl
hope your feeling better soon
best wishes for you and your wife

Q

Queenie60

Glad you're home. Stay safe @Karl_K

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed the whole day with all its ups and downs since I was a way from my computer! So I was spared any angst and worry (thanks, Karl). I tend to agree with Karen, though. If you were sick enough to need intervention, they could at least have kept you overnight. On the other hand, if they did not admit you and just kept you in the ER overnight you would have gotten absolutely no sleep. It just isn't a great situation either way.

Prayers continue.

Deb

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can understand that feeling! Hugs to Wifey from me.

Don't feel bad about going back if you need to.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can understand that feeling! Hugs to Wifey from me.

Don't feel bad about going back if you need to.

She says hugs back and prayers continue for u and your hubby.
how is he doing?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She says hugs back and prayers continue for u and your hubby.
how is he doing?

He's seeming better every day. Sitting at 94% much of the time now but goes up to 96-97 while doing breathing exercises. He is frustrated because his brain should know how to breathe and it scares him that he is having to think about it so much.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
He's seeming better every day. Sitting at 94% much of the time now but goes up to 96-97 while doing breathing exercises. He is frustrated because his brain should know how to breathe and it scares him that he is having to think about it so much.

good news.
I understand 100% his frustration.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Karl_K -

I'm so glad to see you home again. I've been praying for you on and off all day and you'll continue to be in my thoughts in the coming days. I hope you're feeling better, and more confident about that most basic of all bodily functions.

This is the verse that kept popping up for me while I was in hospital, and I wanted to share it with you:

"You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You."

Isaiah 23:6

Praying you can find that eye of perfect peace, even in the center of the storm.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you everyone for the prayers, comments and thoughts.
I means so much to me, more than words can say.
Bless each and every one of you.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the prayers, comments and thoughts.
I means so much to me, more than words can say.
Bless each and every one of you.

@Karl_K , I so wish that you feel better soon! I for one so appreciate you and all the help and guidance you give so freely to me and everyone here. You are truly valued!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel better soon!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this post @Karl_K hope you feel better soon! At this time it might be safer to stay home because the hospitals are like a big germ/virus hub now.

Check out his other thread. Going to ER is truly a life or death emergency if you can't breathe. He has lung troubles and is on oxygen in his daily life. When at home options aren't enough, hospital care is not optional.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl, I’ve been really worried about you. I don’t follow along here as much as I used to but skim the Hangout headlines from time to time and have been keeping up with your health situation. I sincerely hope for your complete recovery and wish you and Wifey all the best. Also you’re one of the only people I would or have ever prayed for. If someone believes and is so devout, in my book, that means honoring their requests for prayers. I may not subscribe to a religion but also not arrogant enough to think that I’m right about anything I can’t prove.
Get well and stay well! Masked and hazmat-suited hugs to you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are feeling better Karl. Hopefully both you and your wife will be able to get some sleep tonight. Sending prayers and dust to you both.

So good to see you here @monarch64 . You are missed!

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of you and praying for you before I go to sleep.

If you feel up to it and if it suits you, do you think you could write just a line or two about your medical situation? It seems wide-ranging and complicated, and I genuinely care for your well-being, but am unfamiliar with your situation. But only if you feel like it.

I'll be praying for a good night's sleep for you, peace for you and your wife, confidence, and an improvement in every single stat.

Bless you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are O.K!!!

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Check out his other thread. Going to ER is truly a life or death emergency if you can't breathe. He has lung troubles and is on oxygen in his daily life. When at home options aren't enough, hospital care is not optional.

@TooPatient I didn't know he has a condition and I was just trying to sooth his emotions as he seemed to be a little upset about being sent home. I wish the best of him and I hope the doctors made the best decisions they could for his treatment.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm thinking of you and praying for you before I go to sleep.

If you feel up to it and if it suits you, do you think you could write just a line or two about your medical situation? It seems wide-ranging and complicated, and I genuinely care for your well-being, but am unfamiliar with your situation. But only if you feel like it.

I'll be praying for a good night's sleep for you, peace for you and your wife, confidence, and an improvement in every single stat.

Bless you.
I am a medical mess lol
I have had doctors throw up their hands as they walk out the door because they do not know what to do with me.
I had a really great doctor but the medical group dropped my insurance with no notice so had to switch doctors.
My current doctor is the throws hands up type so after this mess am going to have to find another.

So,,,
Low lung volume - probably an effect of being born by emergency c-section with the cord around my neck. Or just genetic no one knows.
asthma
Sleep apnea
copd
messed up jaw that makes copd act worse, the way the nerves run make it pretty much unoparabe. Dentist made it worse by not knowing what he was doing and tried to fix my bite using a plate system. Using all the insurance money so when I got to see a doctor who might have been able to help there was no insurance money so could not get it fixed during the growth phase when it might have been possible without surgery,
On oxygen 24/7 amount varies depending on how im doing.
Arthritis in joints badly.
Have had 4 dvt's and a pulmonary embolism as well as dozens of superficial blood clots. On blood thinners for life.
Had pleurisy that was deemed to dangerous to remove by surgery so have a lot of scar tissue around one lung and reduced capacity even more.
Have had a heart attack sometime.
High blood pressure
Have enlarged right ventricle from copd.
I am a lot overweight.
Have a lot of allergies.
Went for many years with no insurance so could not get any of this treated for a long time.
Birth defect in the bones of my back, deforming my back.
Badly damaged both knees as a kid and elbow as an adult.
I'm a mess and a half.
I have had a couple doctors look at my medical history and ask me how are still alive. Then I tell them how I cracked my skull open twise before the age of 5 and show them the scars.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
forgot to add diabetes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K I am glad you are home because it is nicer and safer to be home if the doctors deem you are well enough to be there. I hope each day brings improving health for you and each day you feel stronger. Continued healing vibes being sent your way and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and your wife too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results