shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC vs MRB. Are they different?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I might be late posting this but it just popped up in my Instagram and I thought of you!
63D9F52E-330D-4E03-AD1A-FF998B61DDAA.jpeg

I had to go look. They have some beautiful stuff!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know what I also like about old cuts? I’m not in the least superstitious, so the fact that Bella has been owned by others, only adds to the romance of the stone to me. I love the fact that others have loved and enjoyed her over the years, and now it’s my turn, and in the future, so will my DIL.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@winnietucker - I am in the same boat. While I love love my ACA, I have been very obsessed with OEC. I have yet to see one in the size I want in real life. I was just in NYC overnight so didn’t have a chance to stop by OWD. Need to see them in person to compare but I have been obsessed by it recently. Would love to see what you end up getting.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should collect a variety of bling. Nothing wrong with having options. Sometimes it is just as nice to gaze at pieces as it is to wear them.

But that's me. My collection is super eclectic but I wear nothing on my hands most of the time.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@winnietucker - I am in the same boat. While I love love my ACA, I have been very obsessed with OEC. I have yet to see one in the size I want in real life. I was just in NYC overnight so didn’t have a chance to stop by OWD. Need to see them in person to compare but I have been obsessed by it recently. Would love to see what you end up getting.

It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who has feels this way. OWD has such a nice inventory online. If you do go it’d be nice to hear about it.

I think you should collect a variety of bling. Nothing wrong with having options. Sometimes it is just as nice to gaze at pieces as it is to wear them.

But that's me. My collection is super eclectic but I wear nothing on my hands most of the time.

Having multiple rings would be great if I have multiple children. My entire plan for my collection is that I have jewelry to pass down to my baby sister if I don’t have kids or to my own kids. I’ve got this weird obsession with heirloom jewelry but none exists in my family.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who has feels this way. OWD has such a nice inventory online. If you do go it’d be nice to hear about it.

Having multiple rings would be great if I have multiple children. My entire plan for my collection is that I have jewelry to pass down to my baby sister if I don’t have kids or to my own kids. I’ve got this weird obsession with heirloom jewelry but none exists in my family.

I'm a widow with no children. @Alex T is first in line to be adopted bc she called dibs.

I don't think it is worth thinking so far ahead. My motto is, live today to the best of your ability bc you better not have any regrets if you're dead tomorrow.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a widow with no children. @Alex T is first in line to be adopted bc she called dibs.

I don't think it is worth thinking so far ahead. My motto is, live today to the best of your ability bc you better not have any regrets if you're dead tomorrow.

Thank you, Mother!

I still cannot believe you don't wear your bling. You have one of the most amazing collections EVER & personally for me, it would be a dream to own just one piece like yours :kiss2:

Promise me you will try to wear one ring each day? Just one. And you'll fall in love with how they feel & look on you in no time x

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them BOTH. They are both equally amazing to me. I ultimately decided to sell my OEC's and go with a superideal mrb in a solitaire because of my lifestyle. It just "fits" better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Mother!

I still cannot believe you don't wear your bling. You have one of the most amazing collections EVER & personally for me, it would be a dream to own just one piece like yours :kiss2:

Promise me you will try to wear one ring each day? Just one. And you'll fall in love with how they feel & look on you in no time x

Umm can I get in on this action please? I would love having a blingtastic cat loving mother younger than me @PintoBean and a super sister like @Alex T.

blingyheart.gif

And ditto to what @PintoBean wisely wrote. Live for today as that is all you can be sure about.

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
I definitely prefer the chunkier faceting of antique cuts - I always thought I didn't like diamonds, but I just hadn't seen antique white diamonds or fancy color diamonds, and it turns out those are the things I like in diamonds, though I'm still primarily a colored gems person.

This is me exactly! Colored stones first, but juicy, odd antique cuts make diamonds worth looking at every time.

lkredhat

Rough_Rock
I agree, window-shop for a while before upgrading and see if there are any factors that keep delivering the "wow" factor for you.

OECs and MRBs are VERY different, but pictures almost never capture the full effect. The difference is best experienced in person ... the romance of OECs captures my heart in a way the bling of MRBs usually doesn't.

I'll just note that if you are having an itch to switch, you should also look at different settings. I love sleek modern bezels and deco settings, but other people love Tiffany prongs .... How well the setting works with the cut is important in finding a ring that's a keeper.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean calling dibs to be your second (or third) child. My new motto is give your Blingo to Ringo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results