shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC in modern palladium bridge setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 5:17:18 PM
Author: Upgradable
I don''t want to halo since my ering is a halo. And I think this stone can and should stand on it''s own beauty, so minimal, if any accents.

I just received an email from Julian at Pearlman''s. They are going to mock up the Scholdt with yellow gold plating inside for me to view, then inquire with Scholdt on the $$!!!
wohooo! that''s awesome!
36.gif

Cool! I kinda like that setting.. hmm.. so how many OEC''s to you own/ have mounted??

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 2:15:26 PM
Author: whitby_2773

and here''s the setting from which we rescued it. it''s about a mile high and has all sorts of amounts of metal used in the basket! it''s hall marked 1920, and i normally love rings from this period - but this one sure was somebody''s flight of fancy!!

Whitby--that is such a cool setting!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 5:17:18 PM
I don''t want to halo since my ering is a halo. And I think this stone can and should stand on it''s own beauty, so minimal, if any accents.

I just received an email from Julian at Pearlman''s. They are going to mock up the Scholdt with yellow gold plating inside for me to view, then inquire with Scholdt on the $$!!!

awesome! love the sholdt--I want one someday...

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi coati :)

when i saw the setting in the photo i took, i thought to myself that it looked *much* better than IRL. when the stone was in it, it was *so* high, it was the best part of 1/3 of an inch or more off my finger. my fingers are large, so altho it looks in proportion to the diameter of the band, in reality it sat miles off my finger. the double rung in the basket seemed to recede in the photo i took, but when you actually saw it, it was much more dominant, and seemed to have the stone ''behind bars'' - and uneven bars at that! having said all that, tho, somebody obviously thought it was wonderful at some point. i really like jewelry from the victorian period and the deco period. but this was like the 20''s...heavily influence by the 60''s!

anyway, i''ve hung onto it, as you can see, and will work out what to do with it at some point. the gold in it is a lovely rich color and perhaps at some point i''ll work out how to get rid of all those prongs and have a yellow diamond put in it. perhaps i can work out a way to keep the spirit of it, while peeling it off the ceiling!

kareyn
35.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one GORGEOUS stone! I agree with you that the color isn''t quite showing off as much as it could/should, but it''s still a gorgeous ring as it is.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 9:41:21 PM
Author: swedish bean
Cool! I kinda like that setting.. hmm.. so how many OEC''s to you own/ have mounted??
Swedish bean has exposed my obsession!!!! I''m kind of like the Angelina Jolie of vintage diamonds...... how can having just one more hurt?????

Let''s see...... doing inventory in my mind......

pair of .69tcw transitional diamond studs (both stones were rescued)
one white gold pendant with two oecs (.8 and .35, rescued) in mounting from Stuller
one vintage yellow gold and black enamel pendant with three mine cuts totalling ~ 1 carat
single edwardian earring with three omc cuts, hopefully will find matching stones and have the earrings remade
transitional cut pinky ring with beautiful vintage mounting
.52 L oec being mounted in engraved belcher setting
1.04 M oec looking for a permanent home

Now..... this is just today''s listing. It can change at any time!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 8:50:18 AM

I'm kind of like the Angelina Jolie of vintage diamonds...... how can having just one more hurt?????

Ahahahaha! Love it! We need some pics of the other pieces! You have a fabulous collection.

ETA My text is stuck in this box!
32.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wait! I fogot about my five stone from Wink! It is coming back today because I had one of the stones replaced. He took a beautiful video of it. I wonder if I can post that here?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the setting it''s in now. But you''re right, it doesn''t enhance the color. Will be interesting to see what Sholdt could do since I adore the setting (but I''m biased).
2.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here is a mock up from Pearlman''s. Imagine the yellow gold extending under the diamond causing it to be more yellow in color.

Does anyone have the photoshopping skills to make the diamond appear a light fancy yellow?

08ZZ1-custom.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think.... that that would look really cool.
9.gif

ETA: I keep wanting to suggest engraving. I don't know why, LOL.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
engraving would be gorgous!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Green Lake Jewelryworks:

S12830.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I like the open scrollwork on this one too! ETA: But in YG?

040754.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
The mock up looks great, but just so you know- the bezel is very, and i mean very thin so the gold may not be too noticeable. Which actually might work for you as you wanted a white ring.

Here''s a pic of mine, maye someone can photo shop the yellow on this picture?

IMG3686.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
You always find the coolest stones! It''s just stunning..
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
The stone is just beautiful, and I love the setting from Pearlman''s.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 3:34:46 PM
Author: elle_chris
The mock up looks great, but just so you know- the bezel is very, and i mean very thin so the gold may not be too noticeable. Which actually might work for you as you wanted a white ring.

Here''s a pic of mine, maye someone can photo shop the yellow on this picture?
The intent of the yellow gold is just to maximize the color in the stone, so it being noticable as a gold rimmed bezel is not so important. And the thinness of the bezels is one of the things I love about this mounting!

Thanks for the pictures and the input!! Could you tell me how wide the band is?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the stone! I do prefer more antique looking setting for the old stones, though. Greenlake would be a nice possibility.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 5:53:47 PM

Date: 1/9/2009 3:34:46 PM
Author: elle_chris
The intent of the yellow gold is just to maximize the color in the stone, so it being noticable as a gold rimmed bezel is not so important. And the thinness of the bezels is one of the things I love about this mounting!

Thanks for the pictures and the input!! Could you tell me how wide the band is?
At it''s thinnest I''m guessing about 2.5 mm. It gets wider the closer it gets to the stone. Since the setting is built around the diamond it may be different. There are also two versions of the same ring but with different model numbers. Sholdt used #408 for mine. Not sure what the differences between the two are.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
My ering is so vintage looking with the halo and the pave, so I was hoping for something more streamlined for this stone to wear on the days I don''t feel so blingy. Right now I tend to wear my sapphire with a band on those days.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 6:32:02 PM
My ering is so vintage looking with the halo and the pave, so I was hoping for something more streamlined for this stone to wear on the days I don''t feel so blingy. Right now I tend to wear my sapphire with a band on those days.
I love the sholdt! I think it would be perfect for what you are looking for!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m going with the Sholdt! I spoke with Julian this week and my ring is packed up and ready for the trip to Michiagan. They are going to plate the inside of the bezel with yellow gold and mount my stone. Tagafabo was kind enough to photoshop my stone into Pearlman''s rendering. I think it will be stunning!

Now....... on to the wait.......

tagafa1.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Yay!! I love the Sholdt! It's going to look gorgeous!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''ll be pretty! Great choice of settings.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 8:50:18 AM

Author: swedish bean

Swedish bean has exposed my obsession!!!! I''m kind of like the Angelina Jolie of vintage diamonds...... how can having just one more hurt?????

Let''s see...... doing inventory in my mind......

pair of .69tcw transitional diamond studs (both stones were rescued)

one white gold pendant with two oecs (.8 and .35, rescued) in mounting from Stuller

one vintage yellow gold and black enamel pendant with three mine cuts totalling ~ 1 carat

single edwardian earring with three omc cuts, hopefully will find matching stones and have the earrings remade

transitional cut pinky ring with beautiful vintage mounting

.52 L oec being mounted in engraved belcher setting

1.04 M oec looking for a permanent home

Now..... this is just today''s listing. It can change at any time!

What are you doing with the stone from your 5 stone that you replaced?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
sold it

I have a very bad habit (especially according to hubby) of buying up what look like bargain stones on ebay to try to match up stones for projects. It''s not unusual I''ve got one or two extras lying around.

Have you looked around at ebay and other sales forums for small vintage stones?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s too bad, I was being selfish and hoping to hear of another project you had lined up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results