shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC hunt begins, how to narrow choices? Need help with guidelines.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
20191001_173158.png Anyone care to help me with CADs?(@Rfisher ) ? I loved my last deco bezel, want to keep a lot of the same lines and feel, but refreshed, so it's "new" for my new stone. I want to keep the slim outer bezel, but maybe change engraving. I found the opening before hard to use for cleaning, so asked for something round instead. I keep telling them I'm looking to simplify the gallery, but the old gallery keeps showing up. Any thoughts, help, gallery ideas? Lots of pics to follow.
20191001_182616.jpg 20191001_190312.jpg 20191001_185910.jpg 20191001_180628.jpg 20190926_160502.png 20191001_172517.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kinda left field - but maybe would you like an open gallery a bit like this?
Super easy to clean and you can still get some lovely detailing in there
4A018EAE-4FDB-46DF-A00E-D61008ECFE6A.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I like that, but I'm trying to make it still fit with my bands. The really angled gallery from my last ring worked well, but I just was hoping to do something simpler, more basket like? Here is an example I sent them. 20190927_110256.jpg

I kinda feel like the whole thing could be rethought.
20191001_203659.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
76561FA1-0D01-4AFD-A534-9815BD22A535.jpeg
Let me see if I can find some real life filigree to paste in there for better representation.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Well, I was really trying to buy the 3.51 NSi1 from Alex. He was willing to split the pair since he had two buyers. But the other buyer backed out, so he's back to not wanting to split the pair. If you know of anyone interested in the GIA certed 3.61 NVS2 (the other stone) at a great price, send them this way!
20190911_175244.jpg

I thought searching for an OEC would be fun, but hasn't been so far!
If anyone reading this sees something promising, please post here!! I'm looking everywhere!

Just catching up on all the particulars in this story. Congratulations on your beautiful stone!!
Is it's sister still avaiable? Curious about pricing, especially if she throws as many rainbows!
Also cannot wait to see how you set yours, how exciting!!! : )

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
: ) Understood! Can you give me an idea of what "good pricing" is for these?
It seemed like both stones were good deals.

They were both excellent deals- I know they would have cost way more with other vendors. He sells way lower than anyone else and he has a really good eye. We can help you find a stone if you know what size/color/etc that you are looking for?

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
They were both excellent deals- I know they would have cost way more with other vendors. He sells way lower than anyone else and he has a really good eye. We can help you find a stone if you know what size/color/etc that you are looking for?

Appreciate it! I'll definitely have to check the vendor out!
I was just really curious about what "at a great price" translated to for the other stone : )
The rainbows were very tempting ; )

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just really curious about what "at a great price" translated to for the other stone : )
If you follow his Instagram you will find that his prices are far below others for similar size/quality/specs he sold an amazing yellow diamond 4 ct oval for less than 15k! When others are selling well over 20k just to give you and idea. His yellow diamond parcels I’ve been quoted half of what others quoted me at 1400-$1600 Per carat, his was almost half that that price. Then they tell me it’s poor quality. They probably get it from the same supplier!

ETA: my asscher, would have been resold probably 30% more what I paid if a few vendors got to it first.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So the pair was 35k- so each one was half of that!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm having a hard time with deciding exactly how to set this. I definetly want bezel, and definetly antique style. I don't want this to be as elaborate as my last ring, but don't want to get bored either.
I've had some opinions (thank you!) But anyone else have input?(@swaye2010 )

These are 2 ideas I like the most:

Attachments

• 20191007_194850.png
    20191007_194850.png
    289.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20191004_110639.png
    20191004_110639.png
    745.9 KB · Views: 85

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Which do you prefer, Edwardian, or Deco?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Good point actually! I like most antique styles, but it's the deco pieces that make me say "ooh, look at that!"

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having a hard time with deciding exactly how to set this. I definetly want bezel, and definetly antique style. I don't want this to be as elaborate as my last ring, but don't want to get bored either.
I've had some opinions (thank you!) But anyone else have input?(@swaye2010 )

These are 2 ideas I like the most:
I feel like that CAD is starting to look like the early pic’s of your e-ring before all the changes. I know how important it is to be able to change out the bands so you don’t have to have so many sets. I also know you don’t like prongs. I think it would be nice to see something a little less ornate. Maybe instead of the type of swirly engraving done during the casting process to try some wheat engraving. I am not sure what shape stone you are going for but I love 3 stone bezel’s with a miligrain edge as well. I have seen so many pretty ones.

I find myself looking at Hancock’s of London a lot when I need inspiration. I was going to link the pages but they don’t see to go back directly to the page and only the main page. A lot of these are a bit more ornate but I can see interesting things in each of them that I haven’t seen before. The ones that have prongs, just imagine them with bezels. One of them is the type of wheat engraving that I really like.

I have no idea if this will really help. Bezels are tough because of the gallery and trying to also have a flush band at the same time.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@swaye2010 thanks for your input! I'm leaning towards maybe just a deco bezel with sidestones and engraved shanks. But you're right, the gallery is a pain...
I am just anxious to get this set quickly so I can enjoy it!
I'm going to go check out Hancocks now!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010 thanks for your input! I'm leaning towards maybe just a deco bezel with sidestones and engraved shanks. But you're right, the gallery is a pain...
I am just anxious to get this set quickly so I can enjoy it!
I'm going to go check out Hancocks now!

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE , I don't have anything new to add to the comments already posted but just want to say do not rush into anything. I know how anxious you are to wear your gorgeous new stone but if you aren't sure of what the final setting should be perhaps consider a simple inexpensive setting so you can wear her while you decide? In the long run this might be the least costly option rather than getting an expensive setting and deciding later that it isn't the "one".

I find the setting choice to be more difficult than finding the right stone at times. I mean I still haven't reset Bubbalah because I don't want to make a costly mistake. I want to be more sure and for you I want that to be the case as well. I know you don't want to "waste" money on a temporary setting but if you are having doubts about the final dream setting choosing an inexpensive temp setting while you decide might save you money in the long run.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@missy thank you for your thoughts. I'm pretty sure of the design at this point though!
I see Amy and David tomorrow! Dropping off the stone and finalizing details. Will be so glad to not be running around So Cal carrying this loose stone around in my purse !

Attachments

• 20191010_093005.jpg
    20191010_093005.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 96

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you for your thoughts. I'm pretty sure of the design at this point though!
I see Amy and David tomorrow! Dropping off the stone and finalizing details. Will be so glad to not be running around So Cal carrying this loose stone around in my purse !

Ooh so exciting! Cannot wait to see your finished ring. It's gonna be stunning!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Stone dropped off safely this am. I finally got to meet David! He looked over my stone and said it was"really beautiful" . Amy and I talked about details, it was so much better to talk in person! So excited!
She had the plastic ready for me of the last CAD, it looks good, but I'm glad I'm scaling this down even further.

Attachments

• 20191011_134144.jpg
    20191011_134144.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 119

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stone dropped off safely this am. I finally got to meet David! He looked over my stone and said it was"really beautiful" . Amy and I talked about details, it was so much better to talk in person! So excited!
She had the plastic ready for me of the last CAD, it looks good, but I'm glad I'm scaling this down even further.

I think the slimmed down bezel will be really nice after seeing the mold, good choice!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this style of ring, think it’s gonna look AMAZING

jjdear

Rough_Rock
Such a beautiful stone! Drooling over here... :kiss2::kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord, if I have to wait 6 months!
:wall:

I think we are getting close. I'm so tired of looking at cads!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results