Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC hunt begins, how to narrow choices? Need help with guidelines.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't want to show the orig cad cuz its a multi color nightmare. I had seen a few examples of a round in an octagon bezel, so I asked DK if they were up to the challenge. The cad shows the stone set low, (but it won't be.) I also asked them to decrease the bezel height. 2nd pic is example of how stone will be set. 20200117_100544.jpg 20191226_184101.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't want to show the orig cad cuz its a multi color nightmare. I had seen a few examples of a round in an octagon bezel, so I asked DK if they were up to the challenge. The cad shows the stone set low, (but it won't be.) I also asked them to decrease the bezel height. 2nd pic is example of how stone will be set. 20200117_100544.jpg 20191226_184101.jpg
That’s just plain beautiful. :love: You’ve put so much time and love into this ring and I can already see how gorgeous it’s going to be.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thank you @elle_71125 . I think we are getting close. Still considering prongs instead, but that's my final decision to make on her.
Many many many cads and then indecision. Best to know what you want before you start. ;-)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so dead, it's going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it made!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice. I think the decision to prong or not to prong will lead to a slightly different "look", in the sense that with prongs you might need a slightly taller lip to the bezel to allow the prongs to sit flush with the bezel (rather that protruding above, which will lead to snags), whereas with the true bezel you can probably have a lower lip to the bezel,,,

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Brilliant_Rock
@yennyfire Oh -My -Lord! That's gorgeous! Love it!

Literally my last dilemna is to prong or not, but what you said is exactly what others have said, and that pronged showcases the stone better. (So true in your case, wow!)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@yennyfire Oh -My -Lord! That's gorgeous! Love it!

Literally my last dilemna is to prong or not, but what you said is exactly what others have said, and that pronged showcases the stone better. (So true in your case, wow!)
Thanks! I hope that you’ll find it to true when you see it in person, if that’s the route you decide to take....

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.