shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OEC finally set, I have been holding out....

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GAWD, KELPS! How in the living heck did I miss this thread?!?

Just stunning. Your OEC is just so beautifully recut. Singlestone is the bomb. Did they also design the setting? It's just so unique and feminine. I love that it looks like leaves, like your a forest princess. It's a perfect complement to the antique chunky beauty of the OEC.

Man, did you do good. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It is truly one of a kind. I'm so happy fot you... wear it in happiness and good heath!

love Debs

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
O.M.G.... :love:

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely stunning! :love: :appl: :love:

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Total vintage yummieness! :lickout:

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
THAT is an absolutely beautiful setting! The stone is breathtaking too! It's truly a work of art on your finger!!! Enjoy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Wow. I mean, I rarely venture into SMTR anymore, and less so comment, but wow. My heart literally jumped into my throat when looking at your hand shots. Never has a ring invoked such a change in my blood pressure!

It is absolutely stunning, gorgeous, and perfect! What a beautiful and unique setting, congratulations!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
ok - I am rather late to the party here... how did I miss this beauty??

stunning stone!!

stunning setting!!

love love love this piece!!

:love: :love: :love:

congrats and thank you for sharing your journey - this is a truly amazing ring

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Absolutely unique! WOWSA!
I love it!!

:love: :love: :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
A little overdue, but I took some more pics as promised!

babyr9ng 148.JPG

babyr9ng 150.JPG

babyr9ng 144.JPG

babyr9ng 140.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
more

babyr9ng 139.JPG

babyr9ng 038.JPG

babyr9ng 082.JPG

babyr9ng 083.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
and more

babyr9ng 077.JPG

babyr9ng 075.JPG

babyr9ng 038.JPG

babyr9ng 030.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
and yet more

babyr9ng 020.JPG

babyr9ng 015.JPG

babyr9ng 006.JPG

babyr9ng 008.JPG

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Kelpie-

I love love love your OEC :love:

Your setting is gorgeous as well

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LM

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Kelpie, this is just the total package :love: :love: :love:

I love everything about your elegant ring. Enjoy!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Um. Wow! The whole thing is stunning. Also thanks so much for the macro pics of bearding. Always wondered what, exactly, it looked like!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring and diamond are beautiful. I just read your amazing story on how you got your stone and had it re-cut. Congrats on being soooo clever and resourceful and coming up with such a stunning ring! :appl:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
hearts-arrows_girl|1301593608|2884340 said:
Your ring and diamond are beautiful. I just read your amazing story on how you got your stone and had it re-cut. Congrats on being soooo clever and resourceful and coming up with such a stunning ring! :appl:

Same here! I think it's beautiful! I love how in some light it looks bright white and in others (at least in some of the pictures) it has this beautiful green tint. I just love it! The setting is just perfect.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1279847842|2655147 said:
Now for some hand shots. Those aren't my wedding bands, I actually took them so I could place those rings for sale but they look very pretty together.

That's just swoon-tastic. It's looks incredible. Truly. I love the warm goodness of the color and the setting you chose really sets it off!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
This ring is absolutely gorgeous! The setting.....the stone...... :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelpie, that ring is so STUNNING!!! The stone is amazing and the setting perfect. I love everything about it! Wow and wow. I don't
know how I missed this thread. Wow is all I can say as I pick my jaw up off the desk and wipe the drool!

pkanawha

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful stone and a beautiful ring, Kelpie! I'm glad you didn't turn it into a modern brilliant. They're fine, but this beauty is a one of a kind.
Now for some nerdie type questions:

1. Where's the photo of the "before" diamond? I'd love to see the before/after since you've given me some great advice on my OMC diamond re: possibly having a (minor) recut... One that would maintain the OMC nature and keep most of its size while reducing the haziness that comes from the reflection of the girdle. (You may recall that my stone's depth is about like this one at 53%.)

2. Did the jeweler or did you take the photos of the curls, also of the bearded girdle? Those are great photos! Wish I knew how to get those kind of pics!!

pkanawha

madiamondgirl

Rough_Rock
WOW! Absolutely stunning!! I just love your setting!! Its so unique.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
kelpie I must have missed your original thread. I was really glad to see your ring as jewel of the week...it has always been one of my PS favorites.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back for another look. SO beautiful.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh I like it even more now, great pics!

What are you doing for a wedding band?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Kelpie, this ring is beyond stunning. You and SS both did an amazing job creating this masterpiece. I could stare at the pics all day long!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1312999365|2988004 said:
Oooooh I like it even more now, great pics!

What are you doing for a wedding band?

Thank you all. I'm so humbled to own a "jewel of the week". This is my full set with rose cut wedding ring and french cut band. I bought the french cut band when I finished my MBA and it is an amazing example of the skills of artists past. Some of you may have seen I damaged my rings last spring. Through some logistical acrobats they have already been from Tanzania to LA and back for repairs but the warping must have loosened my stones and I lost a rose cut yesterday. I'm thinking of having the ring remade in the same design just sturdier with 20% diamond free on the bottom so I'm not causing so much damage when I'm stressed in traffic. So right now my e-ring with its rebuilt shank is flying solo. The wedder just looks too sad to wear with a tooth knocked out. The rings usually fit much looser than pictured, it was almost 100 outside! So hard to choose the right size. In a cold climate it spins.

option3.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I think your set is perfection.

Go easy on them!

chupiechow

Rough_Rock
I absolutely LOVE it. Enjoy!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
*gasp* What a BEAUT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results