shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC bezel pendant - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW AJ.....she''s a BEAUTY!!!!!

AWESOME photos!!!!!

Lori

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Girl, you done good!! The stone is GORGEOUS!!!!

Can''t wait to see the finished product. I''d love to see yours and Tradergirl''s threads when you both receive your respective pieces.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 8:04:52 PM
Author: loriken214
WOW AJ.....she''s a BEAUTY!!!!!

AWESOME photos!!!!!

Lori
Thanks Lori, good to seeya!''
35.gif

Still waiting on etsy items, lol...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 12:08:49 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Girl, you done good!! The stone is GORGEOUS!!!!

Can''t wait to see the finished product. I''d love to see yours and Tradergirl''s threads when you both receive your respective pieces.
hey Grace, thanks for posting - that means alot coming from you!
I wanted to say again how grateful I am that you guys made that awesome necklace - can''t wait to compare finish products too
5.gif

Ahh! So pretty. I''ve been following your OEC threads and I''m glad you finally found one!! I LOVE IT! I''m even a bit jealous. It''s very pretty-- can''t wait to see it finished :)
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, SB, thats very kind of you to say..
5.gif

So, I dropped her off with the jeweller this arvo - she confirmed for me it is exactly what I was told - 0.47ct, I think it was G VS1. I have to say again how happy I was with this ebay transaction
2.gif
She also agreed its a very pretty stone, and was shocked when I told her it was from fleabay
2.gif

I'm also soooo happy and relieved to have found a local jeweller that I get along with - some of you may have heard me lamenting the presence of decent manufacturing jewellers in my city. (For those who are local to me, I went with one of the studios upstairs in London Court.)

So, its a small operation with two women - the jeweller is also a gemmologist and qualified appraiser, which will come in handy.
I had a wonderful chat with them, she "got" everything I wanted from the project - very easygoing, casual, straight-up, doesn't take herself all seriously, funny - perfect for me! We had a good laugh about the silly things some retail jewellers have said to their clients
9.gif

She showed me a legacy-esque ring that had just been finished for a client as an example of the fine milgrain she would do - and it looked lovely.

So, the necklace - I went with what everyone overwhelmingly voted for - fine white gold bezel with milgrain, yellow gold for the rest of the pendant and chain.
I have to take this chance to say thankyou again to Tradergirl for suggesting the 2 tone, I hadn't thought of it until then.
35.gif

I chose a 45cm (17.5") chain, with the sizing ring at 42cm (16.5")....Everything will be hand made (except the chain of course), and their price was very reasonable.
Estimated time of finish, late next week, I can't wait to see the end result !
36.gif
3.gif

I am quietly confident, and hope I will be able to give them a great review here when its all finished.

Thankyou everyone for your lovely comments, I promise a ton of pics when its done (of course), lol !
1.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I came back to visit it again
30.gif
. You really captured that way that OECs suck in the colors from the surroundings with the chunky facets... I have to say it again, the patterning is just to die for!

(I got my 3.55ct OEC off eBay too- stressful experience, since I sweated blood waiting for it in the mail, but totally worth it! I''m so glad it worked out for you too.)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 4:22:33 AM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I came back to visit it again
30.gif
. You really captured that way that OECs suck in the colors from the surroundings with the chunky facets... I have to say it again, the patterning is just to die for!

(I got my 3.55ct OEC off eBay too- stressful experience, since I sweated blood waiting for it in the mail, but totally worth it! I''m so glad it worked out for you too.)
Hey again LGK - thankyou honey, I appreciate it esp. considering everything you know and all the help you''ve given me..

I can''t believe you bought your 3.5ct off ebay too! I have to say, that is brave! At least I started small, lol !
I also still have a 0.8ct on layby that I''ve paid about half - I''ll be stoked if its as nice as this one. However I''m not sure about the layby, as I keep seeing other ones I like, lol.

And I''ve also noticed prices for them on ebay are definately going down - I have seen fantastic looking ~1ct OEC''s with good colour and clarity for just over 1k..
Must be the financial crisis having some influence, I guess.
Wish I had more spending money, right?
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, couple more pics to pass the time..

her pretty bottom, lol..

8.12 bottom1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
firey !

8.12 fire2.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and more colour - love this.

Guess who''s officially an old cut convert, lol..

8.12 colour1.JPG

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought 3 transitionals from Ebay sellers to make a 3 stone ring. All were awesomely priced and really beautiful when they got here. There are great sellers on there.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I can''t wait to see the finished product!
36.gif
It''s going to be stunning, and a lovely echo of your ering with the 2 tone, IMO.
4.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi AJ,

I love your stone, its so gorgeous, and Im so happy you decided on the milgrain with the 2-tone. Your new pendant is going to be stunning and I cant wait to see it!
So excited for you!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 8:05:13 AM
Author: tradergirl
I have bought 3 transitionals from Ebay sellers to make a 3 stone ring. All were awesomely priced and really beautiful when they got here. There are great sellers on there.
Wow TG, a 3 stone trans. ring, that''l be incredible! May I ask who you will have make the setting? I like your style girl, lol !
I agree, I am an ebay convert. I don''t pretend to know that much, but if you know what to look for and to use the tools at hand, its a great resource.
I have noticed some real bargains coming up of late, such as this stone - to buy even from an internet vendor for a comparable stone would''ve been at least double. I don''t even know what it would''ve been retail locally - way too much !
will see how we go with other ones, I wish I had a bigger jewellery budget, lol..
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou so much Gecko and Dani - I''m so glad everyone was synonomous with the 2 tone + milgrain, it helped me decide and now I can''t think of having gone a different direction
1.gif
- the next week is going to be torturous, ha!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 7:53:56 AM
Author: arjunajane

Guess who's officially an old cut convert, lol..
AJ, I'd have to say you aren't alone on that one.
2.gif

Several of us are feeling the swoon for the older cuts.
9.gif

Brave of you to select a pendant; I had considered the same, but the thought not being able to SEE it when I wear it squelched that idea. LOL.

I think I'll need more fingers.
41.gif

I think you'll really like the two-tone; that's what I did with my halo bezel pendant a few years ago--inside bezel and halo prongs are in white metal, and the outer edge, sides and chain are yellow.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 9:51:13 AM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 12/9/2008 7:53:56 AM

Guess who's officially an old cut convert, lol..
AJ, I'd have to say you aren't alone on that one.
2.gif

Several of us are feeling the swoon for the older cuts.
9.gif

Brave of you to select a pendant; I had considered the same, but the thought not being able to SEE it when I wear it squelched that idea. LOL.

I think I'll need more fingers.
41.gif

I think you'll really like the two-tone; that's what I did with my halo bezel pendant a few years ago--inside bezel and halo prongs are in white metal, and the outer edge, sides and chain are yellow.
Hey Allison,

I would love to see your pendant - did you ever post a thread or pics? It sounds lovely.
5.gif

I have to admit I understand you 100% - but thats what I've got another one in the works for, lol - RHR up next, then put a fork in me, so to say
3.gif
2.gif

My Fi also commenting that if I bought any more rings, "I'd look like one of those old ladies with five rings on each finger", also steered us toward a pendant I think, ha!

Yes, bring on the finger implants..hmmm..no, to much? !

ETA: actually, I do remember your halo pendant, so pretty! Pls feel free to post a pic here though if you have one handy
5.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is gorgeous AJ. I love those rainbows all around, can''t wait to see your pendant
2.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane LOVE your stone!

woo!! I can''t wait to see the finished product
36.gif

I also have a OEC pendant.. it''s a .40 with .13 of additional diamonds.
this is a really old pic--(-note to self-- take new pics--) it''s super sparkley
and I wear it everyday-- love it!--

Love your Diamond! and i can''t wait to see what u do with your layaway surprise
31.gif

blinkydollNecFrontViewsmaller.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey there, thankyou LIB !

Hi blinky, cheers for posting your lovely pendant - I remember that one. I hope mine will be suitable to wear everyday - thankyou for posting !
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, double!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arjuna, this might be too late to be helpful, but here is my .25 bezel set pendant. As you can see the bezel and chain are super thin.

DH has been very busy dealing with all our snow we got this week, so he finally had a moment to take a picture for you! You can't see the stone well at all, but at least the setting is clear!

IMG_0704323423.jpg

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! That thing is shooting off colors like crazy!! I love the facet pattern--- what a great find-- Congrats!!
Can''t wait to see the finished product!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, I love your diamond. I love these OEC''s. I am searching for one myself, for a 3 stone ring project. OEC in the middle and my two loose pads on the sides.
30.gif

neatfreak: Love your pendant, it''s gorgeous

Linda

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 10:55:03 PM
Author: neatfreak
Arjuna, this might be too late to be helpful, but here is my .25 bezel set pendant. As you can see the bezel and chain are super thin.

DH has been very busy dealing with all our snow we got this week, so he finally had a moment to take a picture for you! You can''t see the stone well at all, but at least the setting is clear!
Hi again all, loving everyone contributing their bezel pics to this thread..

NF, never too late! I really appreciate you and hubby taking the time to get a pic - it does look really delicate, can''t wait until you post more pics.
That is the same style of chain I chose, and of course accept for the milgrain the bezel should be quite similiar
5.gif

Thanks for posting!
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Paeony, thankyou!

Hi Erica, I can pretty much blame this new obsession on you and Grace, lol ! But seriously, that pendant was a great inspiration..
Can''t wait to see Tradergirl''s thread.

Thankyou for posting
1.gif

Linda, sweet, you are killing me just with that description, lol ! That sounds fabulouso
36.gif
Any idea what size you would like the OEC?...I''m always happy to look and live vicariously, tee hee..
41.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 11:54:40 PM
Hey Paeony, thankyou!

Hi Erica, I can pretty much blame this new obsession on you and Grace, lol ! But seriously, that pendant was a great inspiration..

Can''t wait to see Tradergirl''s thread.

Thankyou for posting
1.gif

Linda, sweet, you are killing me just with that description, lol ! That sounds fabulouso
36.gif
Any idea what size you would like the OEC?...I''m always happy to look and live vicariously, tee hee..
41.gif

Oh thank you AJ: I have chatted with Grace too. She is keeping an eye out for me for an antique cushion and a OEC, either one. It will be for a "big" birthday of mine coming up next year. I wanted to start looking for the stone now. I didn''t know how long it would take to find one. Then I have to chose a design. I will go to Whiteflash for that
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results