shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC bezel pendant - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ: I forgot to answer your question. The size. I have long narrow fingers, so I thought around .55 to .80 would be a good size. I was going to halo all three stones, but I don''t think it would fit on my finger. It may be too wide for the width of my finger.

Date: 12/9/2008 11:54:40 PM
Author: arjunajane
Hey Paeony, thankyou!

Hi Erica, I can pretty much blame this new obsession on you and Grace, lol ! But seriously, that pendant was a great inspiration..
Can''t wait to see Tradergirl''s thread.

Thankyou for posting
1.gif
That''s soooo true. I bookmarked the website on my iphone so I can stare at all of the pretty diamonds ANY TIME that I want to. I also show them to my friends (most are like-- "ok? that''s great?) BUT there are a select few that absolutely swoon over the jewels there
11.gif

I am so glad that website exsists!
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 12:03:46 AM
Author: Linda W

Hey Paeony, thankyou!

Hi Erica, I can pretty much blame this new obsession on you and Grace, lol ! But seriously, that pendant was a great inspiration..

Thankyou for posting
1.gif

Linda, sweet, you are killing me just with that description, lol ! That sounds fabulouso
36.gif
Any idea what size you would like the OEC?...I''m always happy to look and live vicariously, tee hee..
41.gif

Oh thank you AJ: I have chatted with Grace too. She is keeping an eye out for me for an antique cushion and a OEC, either one. It will be for a ''big'' birthday of mine coming up next year. I wanted to start looking for the stone now. I didn''t know how long it would take to find one. Then I have to chose a design. I will go to Whiteflash for that
36.gif
Sounds just lovely Ms Linda - of course, you know what I''m gonna say about the size, don''t you?
9.gif
11.gif

I''m sure E.G will find you a wonderful stone - can''t wait to hear more about it !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 1:01:02 AM
Author: swedish bean

Hey Paeony, thankyou!

Thankyou for posting
1.gif
That''s soooo true. I bookmarked the website on my iphone so I can stare at all of the pretty diamonds ANY TIME that I want to. I also show them to my friends (most are like-- ''ok? that''s great?) BUT there are a select few that absolutely swoon over the jewels there
11.gif

I am so glad that website exsists!
35.gif
Ha! I know exactly what you mean...most ppl are like "photos of diamonds, riiighhttt
20.gif
", but there''s always one or two who get it..well, they all do when I rock up with a new item, tee hee!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ: I have to keep coming back to look at your stone!! The fire and beauty of it, is soooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I would sit and stare at that gorgeous thing all dang day
9.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 3:13:19 PM
Author: Linda W
AJ: I have to keep coming back to look at your stone!! The fire and beauty of it, is soooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I would sit and stare at that gorgeous thing all dang day
9.gif
I keep looking at it too!

Talk about converting us over to OEC - that stone will do it.
Between this stone and all the pretty colored gemstones - I''m going to be broke.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thankyou Linda and Bebe.....some more converts for "the club"...Mwa Ha Ha ha ha!!
11.gif
9.gif

But seriously, I am already missing it, ha...I hope it comes back quickly
5.gif

People will probably wonder why I end up having a compact mirror constantly in my hand/on my desk...I'll be admiring my pendant, LOL!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this and wanted to add it to all the other lovely pendants in this thread - very vintage looking!

200904d.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
sorry, lets try that again..

200904c.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pretty, huh?

OMC pendant12.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
It's here !

I picked it up this arvo, and I'm totally stoked with it.
Promise lots of pics tomorrow
1.gif

Hope nobody minds me re-hashing this thread, I'm too excited not to share
5.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Arjunajane

I love your pretty diamond and can''t wait to see the pendant. I just bought a .44 transitional baby sister to yours - only mine is a champagne color. I''m wanting to make it into a pendant too.

What''s the mm measurement of your diamond? Can you give me a ballpark figure on the cost of the custom work for yours?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 7:15:42 AM
Author: tulip928
Arjunajane

I love your pretty diamond and can't wait to see the pendant. I just bought a .44 transitional baby sister to yours - only mine is a champagne color. I'm wanting to make it into a pendant too.

What's the mm measurement of your diamond? Can you give me a ballpark figure on the cost of the custom work for yours?
Hey tulip, how exciting! Do you mind if I ask where you purchased your diamond?
I'm so glad I went with the transitional - it throws off so many different colours all the time
30.gif
A champagne one will be lovely - will you have yellow or white gold?

Mine measures 4.95*5.10*3.00mm. It is 0.47ct, pretty much the same as yours
5.gif

I don't mind to discuss the cost, although I'm not sure how relevant it will be for you, as I had it made here in Australia.
I paid ~AUD$500, which at the current exchange is about $350USD.
This included an appraisal for insurance, which usually costs ~$70.

This was my first custom project ever, and I was actually pretty happy with the price. Altogether, the cost came to less than what I could've purchased a ~0.3ct ready made pendant for - and I feel its a bit more special also
2.gif

Do you have a jeweller picked out? If not, I would obtain a quote from Jewels by Erica Grace - after all, mine is just a copy of their lovely design, and they really do know what they're doing when it comes to vintage stones/jewellery. If the exchange rate didn't suck, I would've loved to go with them.

Keep us posted on the details !

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CAN''T WAIT....CAN''T WAIT....CAN''T WAIT!!!!

I''m a vintage stone lover too and have found quite a few lucky ebay steals. This pendant is going to be gorgeousness made manifest!!!! I''m going to be glued to this thread all day!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 9:09:48 AM
Author: Upgradable
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m a vintage stone lover too and have found quite a few lucky ebay steals. This pendant is going to be gorgeousness made manifest!!!! I''m going to be glued to this thread all day!!
Hi upgradeable,
35.gif

Ya, I''m officially an ebay convert. I am also starting a collection of vintage wedding bands (made by Artcarved), all sourced from ebay.
Lol, you''re funny. Night time here now, but I promise I won''t leave it too late tomorrow.
5.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 9:30:12 AM

Date: 12/19/2008 9:09:48 AM
Author: Upgradable
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hi upgradeable,
35.gif

Ya, I''m officially an ebay convert. I am also starting a collection of vintage wedding bands (made by Artcarved), all sourced from ebay.
Lol, you''re funny. Night time here now, but I promise I won''t leave it too late tomorrow.
5.gif
Alright then. I''ll feel comfortable leaving the monitor to eat something while I wait! I would have probably passed out from hunger not wanting to miss this beaut!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Oh!!!! I can`t wait either!!
9.gif

What a lovely stone!!! Looking forward to seeing it set!

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I bought mine from Michael Oshman from Diamond Delights ebay store. I''ve bought a small oec and omc from him before - all three are really pretty sparkly diamonds.

My transitional measures 4.99 x 5.12 x 2.75, really close to yours! I can''t wait to see how yours turned out. I have a local jeweler who can create something, but I''m still looking. I also asked Whiteflash if it would fit into one of their ready-made bezels, but I think it would have to be customized because of the size. I''ve been thinking down the same line as you before I found your post here!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Can''t wait for pics!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 3:39:20 AM
pretty, huh?
Ohhhhhhhhhh, arjunajane, where is this pendant from????

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, I can''t wait to see pictures, I bet it is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 11:14:41 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

Date: 12/11/2008 3:39:20 AM
pretty, huh?
Ohhhhhhhhhh, arjunajane, where is this pendant from????
Hey L.V, that one is from Dover Jewellry - Their online store, not ebay store.

Its lovely hey - I will keep that pic for future..

I am still doing pics today, but its raining this morning ! Sorry upgradeable, hope you haven''t starved yet, lol..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 10:06:25 AM
Author: tulip928
I bought mine from Michael Oshman from Diamond Delights ebay store. I''ve bought a small oec and omc from him before - all three are really pretty sparkly diamonds.

My transitional measures 4.99 x 5.12 x 2.75, really close to yours! I can''t wait to see how yours turned out. I have a local jeweler who can create something, but I''m still looking. I also asked Whiteflash if it would fit into one of their ready-made bezels, but I think it would have to be customized because of the size. I''ve been thinking down the same line as you before I found your post here!
Awesome Tulip, sounds very similiar. Yes DD is a great ebay store, I hope to buy from there too one day.
Can''t wait to hear what you decide
5.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Still waiting, getting ready for bed. I''m going to have to set the alarm on a Saturday morning just to come check out this beauty!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I''ve resized some of the pics from yesterday that I took - its totally overcast and terrible diamond-photo-taking weather today, even though its the middle of summer and of course was sunny all week
7.gif
..but I didn''t want to keep upgradeable from sleeping and eating any longer, lol !

Sorry they are all very much of the same...once the sun comes out I will take some more creative shots.
emphoto.gif

leaves bezel1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Specs:

0.47 "early modern brilliant" (or transitional).
G
VS2

In handmade 18k yellow gold bezel, white gold "rim" around diamond with milgrain. 18k Yellow gold chain with sizing ring.

under tree1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic 3

I love that she thought to turn the "ears" on their side..I was very specific that my personal taste was not for big "mickey mouse ears" on the attachments, but I never woud've thought to just turn them around. Now they are pretty much invisible
5.gif

Oh, and it does not flip at all. I wore it all yesterday arvo, and I was even leaning over trying to make it flip , lol..

under tree 2.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
some of the chain, and some *fire*
5.gif

on scarf.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
From the side..

side2 bezel.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And more fire!

I promise some neck shots and to show the details more soon...

There are 1 or 2 *tiny* things that I'd like to chat to the jeweler about - but in all honestly they are not noticeable IRL, I only realized after I had the huge pics up on the computer...This is my first hand made piece of jewelery too, so now I understand what people are saying about those little imperfections that differentiates handmade from cast etc..

But don't get me wrong, I am not complaining! I love it, it turned out exactly what I wanted and I would reccomend my jeweller in a heartbeat.

fire oec1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results