shape
carat
color
clarity

October 24th shopping trip to Pearl Paradise

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Icy, I have seen 4ranchgirl's metallic drops and they are incredible. She got the pair shown on the PP website. If she says they are the ones to buy, she won't steer you wrong. HTTPmom is really picky (not a slam) and she bought them.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
4RanchGirl, I watched it last night and had fun watching you picking pearls. It was quite a drive for you and son with traffic. Regardless you generously offered to help. Such a nice pearl queen. Thumbs up!

The metallic drop pairs look yummy. What sizes were they? I can't remember.

icy_jade, the majority of the time it's the non-round pearls that tend to have either better colors, luster or orient. I absolutely :love: :love: :love: the pink metallic drop strand I received as a gift from Jeremy at the Ruckus. It is one of my favorite go-to strands now.

NacreLover|1382888229|3545583 said:
Icy, I have seen 4ranchgirl's metallic drops and they are incredible. She got the pair shown on the PP website. If she says they are the ones to buy, she won't steer you wrong. HTTPmom is really picky (not a slam) and she bought them.

NL, I bought the WSS drops from the lot of 49 pearls.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade,

White round metallics are very hard to come by. I'd recommend you get the metallic drop jackets now and wait for round studs later. Like 4RG said, it's like shopping at Costco, if you see something you like get them because they may not be there on your next shopping trip.... and something about nature does not wait (???).

Jeremy chose a metallic white pair with rose and green overtones for me in 2009 (around Oct 2009), if memory serves. I have a group shot taken inside a shell: metallic pendant from TPO set by me, small green metallic earrings (I've recycled into another earring findings), left pink pair from 2008 private exotic sale, right pink pair is metallic, and the white pair.

fw_metallic_group.jpg

img_4871-1copy.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I just watched the whole 2.5 hour video. It was great to hear everything Jeremy had to say! 4Ranch -- you are one of the luckiest people in the world.

Those of you who bought -- please keep us posted with neck/ear shots in the future. I'd love to see the pearls chosen in their new homes.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much 4RG!

I also have a pair of white metallic drops set aside as there were no rounds. I'm sure they will be fantastic, my only issue is budget - I really need a pair of white studs & don't have extra funds for two pairs at the moment :oops:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
HHPmom|1382894899|3545634 said:
icy jade,

White round metallics are very hard to come by. I'd recommend you get the metallic drop jackets now and wait for round studs later. Like 4RG said, it's like shopping at Costco, if you see something you like get them because they may not be there on your next shopping trip.... and something about nature does not wait (???).

Jeremy chose a metallic white pair with rose and green overtones for me in 2009 (around Oct 2009), if memory serves. I have a group shot taken inside a shell: metallic pendant from TPO set by me, small green metallic earrings (I've recycled into another earring findings), left pink pair from 2008 private exotic sale, right pink pair is metallic, and the white pair.
HHPmom you selection is so colorful and beautiful! I am wondering, what is the difference between these two pairs of earrings - across of each other (based on your description one is more greenish and another is pink). They look pretty much the same to me in terms of color and luster? Thanks!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
alice87,
I don't understand your question. I am reposting the original picture with labels as well as two new pictures taken indoor at night here (iPhone). I believe original picture was taken with Canon camera not iPhone. The small green pair has new findings. I got rid of poor quality FW pearls from the setting and replaced with the green pair.

fw_metallic_0.jpg

fw_group_1.jpg

fw_group_2.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom: I'm sooooo lusting over your earrings. :love: :love: :love:

LitGeek, Bsomlo, NL, HHPmom: Ok, the pearl queens have spoke and I shall listen/obey! Pearl drop jackets it shall be. Am waiting for pics really! Think PP must be overwhelmed by a surge of special requests now. :lol:

Bsomlo: Definitely pics when I get them. Even if I decide not to buy the strands, am happy to share in case any of you PS-ers are interested. Plus I'll probably need opinions anyways cos I'm pretty crap at reading pearls from photos. :lol:

Mondayschild|1382913898|3545782 said:
Thank you so much 4RG!

I also have a pair of white metallic drops set aside as there were no rounds. I'm sure they will be fantastic, my only issue is budget - I really need a pair of white studs & don't have extra funds for two pairs at the moment :oops:

Mondayschild: If you don't plan to get the drops that have been set aside for you, hope you don't mind if I ask for pics of those too? Hope to pick a pair that has an overtone that I think will suit me better. Many thanks!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
icy_jade|1382945357|3545958 said:
Mondayschild: If you don't plan to get the drops that have been set aside for you, hope you don't mind if I ask for pics of those too? Hope to pick a pair that has an overtone that I think will suit me better. Many thanks!

Hi icy_jade! I have asked for a pic of the ones set aside for me & was going to see them and decide. What i meant is i might have to shelve my plans for white round studs given how rare white metallics seem to be & just get drops. Everyone on thread seems to be recommending getting them when you can !! Sent through email today but think it is Sunday night in USA (Monday night here in oz). If I don't decide to take them then I will let Jeremy know to send you both pics.

From memory, I think yours were the ones that stood out to jeremy & 4RG immediately though - I'm sure they are supremely beautiful :love:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
HHPmom, I've got it! Pink metallic and pink exotic pairs. For me, it was hard to tell the difference from the photo. This is why I was wondering what is the difference between them. Both pairs are great looking! Thanks for posting additional photos.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Mondayschild: Have you decided how yours will be set?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1382810882|3545117 said:
icy_jade|1382805075|3545083 said:
LitGeek: Pls let us know which akoya strand you picked k? I like the bluish one that 4RG picked I think. ::)

I haven't picked one out yet, as I am waiting on glamor shots to decide :geek: What about you...are you thinking about picking up anything?

I have decided to pass on these for now and go for a couple more wSS pieces instead :naughty:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1382990923|3546289 said:
LitGeek: Pls let us know which akoya strand you picked k? I like the bluish one that 4RG picked I think. ::)

I haven't picked one out yet, as I am waiting on glamor shots to decide :geek: What about you...are you thinking about picking up anything?

I have decided to pass on these for now and go for a couple more wSS pieces instead :naughty:
I gotta say, the video makes it easier to prioritize, doesn't it? Knowing that the black akoyas are plentiful and similar to each other. Are you going for something out of that gorgeous lot of 49 SS pearls?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1382996484|3546331 said:
LitGeek|1382990923|3546289 said:

I gotta say, the video makes it easier to prioritize, doesn't it? Knowing that the black akoyas are plentiful and similar to each other. Are you going for something out of that gorgeous lot of 49 SS pearls?

Yes, it definitely made it easier to prioritize when I saw that PP had new wSS pearls. I just can't help myself when it comes to wSS :loopy: The pearls for my new projects are from one of the new lots, but I am not sure if it was that exact one. Thanks again 4Rg :wavey:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
4RG, thank you so much! Those gold freshies are on hold for me. :love: :appl:

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
In case anyone's interested, here are the 4 strands of baroque Ts that 4RG and Jeremy chose. I bought one of them today and will be waiting impatiently to get it. Any guesses on which one I picked? :naughty:

tahitianstrands1.jpg

tahitianstrands2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
tara3056|1383187833|3547921 said:
In case anyone's interested, here are the 4 strands of baroque Ts that 4RG and Jeremy chose. I bought one of them today and will be waiting impatiently to get it. Any guesses on which one I picked? :naughty:
My eyes go to the third one from the right with all of those pretty blues. The second one has fewer pointy ones, however. But, you can't go wrong with any of these beauties.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
2nd strand from the bottom in this pic:

tahitianstrands2.jpg

Which is also the third strand starting from left to right in the other pic.

The pretty blues stand out to me.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing these! I'd say one of the bottom two -- but any would be fantastic!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I would say third from top down. The blues just stand out.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1383189302|3547934 said:
tara3056|1383187833|3547921 said:
My eyes go to the third one from the right with all of those pretty blues. The second one has fewer pointy ones, however. But, you can't go wrong with any of these beauties.
Correcting - I meant third one from the left. I think we are all coming up with the same strand. Which one did you pick? :naughty:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
My guess is also third from the left. They are all lovely though :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My turn! As you already know, I'll be going for the drops since so many pearl queens have advised against passing on them.

Waiting for quotation on the drop/jacket settings. In the meantime here's my pair (9.5 by 10.85mm):

As for the 3 FWP strands, I mulled over them for a while but just didn't feel the :love: . Or maybe just a phobia that it'll look awful against my skin. So I am not getting them.

They do look great don't they? Unfortunately when I imagine my neck in between, hmm, not so good. :((

10-25-13g.jpg

10-25-13e.jpg

10-25-13f.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy Are those metallic white drops? They are GORGEOUS :love: :love: :love: Good for you for passing on the metallics if you know they aren't right for you...I am sure there will be plenty of other pearls soon that will be perfect for you. They are pretty though!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
All of you were correct! I went for the blue-green one that's third from the left in the first pic and third from the top in the 2nd :appl: Super-excited!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- those drops are mirrors, I tell you!!! They are fantastically gorgeous!!!!

tara -- Wonderful choice, and nice choices to choose from!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
tara3056|1383248269|3548300 said:
All of you were correct! I went for the blue-green one that's third from the left in the first pic and third from the top in the 2nd :appl: Super-excited!
Whew!!! glad you like the one I chose for you. Enjoy your new beauties.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1383239004|3548201 said:
My turn! As you already know, I'll be going for the drops since so many pearl queens have advised against passing on them.

Waiting for quotation on the drop/jacket settings. In the meantime here's my pair (9.5 by 10.85mm):

As for the 3 FWP strands, I mulled over them for a while but just didn't feel the :love: . Or maybe just a phobia that it'll look awful against my skin. So I am not getting them.

They do look great don't they? Unfortunately when I imagine my neck in between, hmm, not so good. :((
Icy The miror luster those drops are TDF and when you get them into your hand you will see why I say that. I love mine and wear them a lot and I hope you will too.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Those drops are stunning. I keep looking at the picture. I'm not usually a fan of ovals (I like pointy drops) but those are perfection. Size, shape, luster -- perfection!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Just placed my order for the following:
-16" Freshadama necklace (9.0-9.5mm)
-9.5-10mm studs
-9.0-10mm earring jackets

I asked for a silver-rose overtone.

Thanks for you help, 4Ranch Girl! I'm excited to see the strand you and Jeremy chose for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results