shape
carat
color
clarity

October 24th shopping trip to Pearl Paradise

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382124658|3540206 said:
IcyJade he did bring back many white metallic pearls. I will choose a pair for you. The bigger the better I presume.

Thanks 4RG. Can you pls help to look for a matching white metallic graduated strand (20 inches) AND matching studs (yes bigger the better, you know me well, LOL). Can you pls look for silver overtones (suitable for Asian skin type)? I would really like this set to be my go-to piece for a formal work look.

Umm, pearl budget well and truly busted I think. I will be watching this thread closely for other special requests and hope I don't get tempted by them! :lol: :roll:

Baby Monster: Love your earrings and yes that was what I remembered and why I asked for studs this time too.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Pinkjewel I will check out his souffles for you and see what might work. And will see if there is one spectatular drop for your necklace. Natural blue baroque necklaces with the pink overtone.

Flygirl will check out the purple pearls for you.

IcyJade he did bring back many white metallic pearls. I will choose a pair for you. The bigger the better I presume.

NL I have your list :naughty:

LitGeek got ya....black akoyas...maybe 7-7.5 and 7.5-8. but...you already know what I think you really, really NEED. :bigsmile:

thanks so much!!!!!! If You don't see any gorgeous souffles, I could probably use inception pearls for the tin cup instead.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek got ya....black akoyas...maybe 7-7.5 and 7.5-8. but...you already know what I think you really, really NEED. :bigsmile:

Haha, I know :devil: I have decided I am a saltwater girl and I am sticking to it :lol: :lol: Did you see Kevin's blog post with the black akoya strand? I think it is SO pretty and know I would wear it a lot! You are making me drool with those lovely Tahitians, but I am going to put my blinders on because I REALLY want to save for a wSS strand :love: Thanks so much for taking the time to play dress-up for me with the black akoyas :wavey:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
tara3056|1382155272|3540494 said:
4Ranch Girl - ACK!! The beauty! I actually really love several of them :) Which one struck you as the best?
ACK is right but the shame is the picture when it posted is so much duller than the one that was sent to me in an email. But to answer your question it is the 4th one down in the first picture. But it does have a couple of pointy ones. Not to bad mind you but will have to see in person. It was the beautiful color on the earrings that was a concern to me. Mother Nature some times does not produce the wanted colors when we want them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382209135|3540737 said:
4Ranch Girl - ACK!! The beauty! I actually really love several of them :) Which one struck you as the best?
ACK is right but the shame is the picture when it posted is so much duller than the one that was sent to me in an email. But to answer your question it is the 4th one down in the first picture. But it does have a couple of pointy ones. Not to bad mind you but will have to see in person. It was the beautiful color on the earrings that was a concern to me. Mother Nature some times does not produce the wanted colors when we want them.
That's the one that caught my eye as well. It has some beautiful blue green tones. But, there is nothing like seeing them in person.

I appreciate your taking a look for us, 4RG. You have a good eye. :))

ETA - Just to be clear, I'm not in the market for Tahitians right now. Enjoying my Kamokas.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl :naughty: neither am I but knowing me I will be bringing a couple home. They are my favorite pearls and passion.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
So tempting!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
4Ranch Girl, the 4th one down in the first picture was my #1 pick :bigsmile: Glad to hear it was yours, too, though I also liked the 5th one down as well :) The bottom one is pretty too, but looks quite dark, so not for me. I don't mind the pointy ones in those strands.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
4RG: Browsing PP is probably bad... but I can't seem to get this out of my mind. Can you pls help to check their size and colour? The 2nd strand from the top.

metallics_from_pp_fb.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1382287436|3541163 said:
4RG: Browsing PP is probably bad... but I can't seem to get this out of my mind. Can you pls help to check their size and colour? The 2nd strand from the top.
Lovely. Third from the top for Fly Girl, please. :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I am tying my hands and taping my lips!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Any goldens?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I covet that second strand from the bottom - golden fresh water metallics!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
tara3056|1382225494|3540827 said:
4Ranch Girl, the 4th one down in the first picture was my #1 pick :bigsmile: Glad to hear it was yours, too, though I also liked the 5th one down as well :) The bottom one is pretty too, but looks quite dark, so not for me. I don't mind the pointy ones in those strands.
The picture I posted here did not really show the color of that strand. I am glad you like it. It is better than that picture showed. I will look at it in person on Thursday.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just went back and checked my email and they average 6mm to 11mm. They are just tissue-nukes. Not Edisons

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1382213848|3540767 said:
That's the one that caught my eye as well. It has some beautiful blue green tones. But, there is nothing like seeing them in person.

ETA - Just to be clear, I'm not in the market for Tahitians right now. Enjoying my Kamokas.

Lovely. Third from the top for Fly Girl, please.

Are you sure?????? :Up_to_something:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1382328744|3541454 said:
Do you want me to have it set aside for you? :appl: :appl: :appl: If you do.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1382328053|3541452 said:
Any goldens?
I don't know but if there are what do you want me to look for?

YC

Brilliant_Rock

The second and third from the top r v nice! I am not planning to get anything for the moment cos pearl funds r currently depleted. But I will definitely be looking out for the live broadcast, if that is happening

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC said:

The second and third from the top r v nice! I am not planning to get anything for the moment cos pearl funds r currently depleted. But I will definitely be looking out for the live broadcast, if that is happening

YC: I know, right? Sigh, running outta excuses for more strands, but perhaps I can justify needing a blue FWP strand since I don't have one yet... :Up_to_something:

Fly Girl said:
Lovely. Third from the top for Fly Girl, please. :naughty:

Fly Girl: That was a close 2nd! Such gorgeous colours. :love: :appl:

4Ranch Girl said:
I just went back and checked my email and they average 6mm to 11mm. They are just tissue-nukes. Not Edisons

4RG: Ohhh. Love tissue nukes. Can you pls check if they are strong blue tinged IRL? Pls help to reserve if so... Thanks!
Pls take lots of photos. I won't be able to catch a live broadcast but will certainly watch the recording. :bigsmile:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Icy jade, it is a slippery slope. There will always be pearls which u do not possess. Tahitians come in so many colours. Then there are SS with their vvarious overtones. And with the new developments in FWP, there are now even more to buy. Burnt a hole in my wallet (gladly) at the jewellery fair. Need to cut back for a while :saint:
sorry 4RG,don't mean to thread jack. :twirl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking forward to watching the chat when it starts on the 24th in the morning. I hope 4ranchgirl gives us a better timeline besides between 9-12.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1382343087|3541513 said:
Icy jade, it is a slippery slope. There will always be pearls which u do not possess. Tahitians come in so many colours. Then there are SS with their vvarious overtones. And with the new developments in FWP, there are now even more to buy. Burnt a hole in my wallet (gladly) at the jewellery fair. Need to cut back for a while :saint:
sorry 4RG,don't mean to thread jack. :twirl:

Ya, but I don't covet all pearls, so think am ok. No rose toned akoyas for example, or champagne/pale yellow pearls. As for tahitians, I am picky re: colour too. Plus it probably helps that I tend to get multi-coloured strands (hmm, or maybe that is why I tend to go for multi-colours???). Anyway, I'll admit that I have a soft spot for full nacre freshies. :tongue:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382331430|3541468 said:
Fly Girl|1382213848|3540767 said:

Lovely. Third from the top for Fly Girl, please.

Are you sure?????? :Up_to_something:
Of course not. That's why you are going in person to make the selection. :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my apologies if I sound like an idiot. I'm new to this side of the forum.

fly girl suggested I post over here as I was looking to get a nice budget strand for my mother. I was looking at getting her a 8-9 white ones, I wanted a metallic luster but they looked like they were sold out of that.

http://www.pearlparadise.com/8090-mm-White-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace544.aspx

My price range was around 250-275, so I was looking at AA+, but I wanna make sure they were a good strand of AA+

If you see any I'd love the help looking from someone who really knows what they are going.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382331521|3541469 said:

Umm, yes, depending on the price! I can't tell if it's a $200 strand or a $600 one (which a little out of my price range at the moment).
I've been overspending my pearl budget so far this year.

Thanks so much! They really are to die for!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1382389901|3541866 said:
So my apologies if I sound like an idiot. I'm new to this side of the forum.

fly girl suggested I post over here as I was looking to get a nice budget strand for my mother. I was looking at getting her a 8-9 white ones, I wanted a metallic luster but they looked like they were sold out of that.

http://www.pearlparadise.com/8090-mm-White-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace544.aspx

My price range was around 250-275, so I was looking at AA+, but I wanna make sure they were a good strand of AA+

If you see any I'd love the help looking from someone who really knows what they are going.
Hi welcome to this forum. NL Called me at work this afternoon and I said I would be happy to look for your mother's pearls. So what you want is 8mm to 9mm metallic white silver overtone or AA+ or better. They will be round to the eye at AA+ because there is not bead in fWP's like there are in akoyas. Hopefully I will be able to find what you want.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1382418412|3542091 said:
4Ranch Girl|1382331521|3541469 said:

Umm, yes, depending on the price! I can't tell if it's a $200 strand or a $600 one (which a little out of my price range at the moment).
I've been overspending my pearl budget so far this year.

Thanks so much! They really are to die for!
After I choose the pearls contact PP for the price because I do not know what it is and only ask if I am buying them for myself. Hopefully they will be ok for your pocketbook.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382331655|3541472 said:
Any goldens?
If there are golden freshies with max luster, that would be lovely and hopefully not too pricey. If there are golden SS off-rounds or roundish baroques with high luster and minimal blemishing, that would be lovely too. If you find both, I'll have quite the decision to make! I'm really after a deep gold colour.
I'm looking for an 18" strand and stud earrings. But if the freshies are a decent price, I might be tempted to make a 36" strand.

Thank you so very much! You are a wee gem! :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1382473847|3542493 said:
4Ranch Girl|1382331655|3541472 said:
Any goldens?
If there are golden freshies with max luster, that would be lovely and hopefully not too pricey. If there are golden SS off-rounds or roundish baroques with high luster and minimal blemishing, that would be lovely too. If you find both, I'll have quite the decision to make! I'm really after a deep gold colour.
I'm looking for an 18" strand and stud earrings. But if the freshies are a decent price, I might be tempted to make a 36" strand.

Thank you so very much! You are a wee gem! :appl:
what ever is the deepest golden color I will pull out for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results