shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW NYC visit to IDJ - setting search for my Q/R OEC

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
miraclesrule|1352233159|3300015 said:
Yayaya, I saw that you had been able to make it to IDJ and was hoping you had taken pictures and you didn't disappoint! Thank you for posting all about your trip. I seem to have time to read about them, but not write them...probably because I never take a camera and I'd make a poor PS poster without photos. :nono:

I'm so glad you had a great time despite the conditions of that devastating hurricane.

I'm all about public service --- I give till it hurts.... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We both had a great time in NYC despite the challenges and are really looking forward to returning under much better weather conditions! Maybe in the spring... and if we go, I'd love to meet any PSers but would start a thread for a GTG!

Are you in the Chicago area?? that's on our travel "to do list"!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies for all your input! I hope I don't disappoint you when you see what I did finally choose!! It was not easy, trust me!

Thanks to Maisie, Armywife, 04 Diamond, Sweetpee&babycorn, Rosebloom (yes, I had a TON OF FUN!), Stargurl (no problem with sharing the pics!!!), eh613c, Texaskj (hoping it will not be a full week that we all have to wait!!) for your support and encouragement!!! I've loved sharing my journey with everyone here on PS!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1352290734|3300393 said:
JaneSmith|1352258784|3300271 said:
Thank you for all the pictures. We love to see the bling! :appl:

Try not to maul the postie.

It will probably be the concierge at our LV hotel... but I'll do my best to stay in control (unless its some incredibly hot guy that I could sneak in a 'maul' just for the heck of it!! :Up_to_something: :naughty: ) :lol:

I need to start making some Vegas bling delivery trips. :Up_to_something:

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Hi Enerchi! I too am excited to see what setting you decided on, but also wanted to comment on how gorgeous your diamond is! I absolutely adore the color and have no doubt that the setting will do it and your lovely hands justice.

Glad you made it back home safely, and looking forward to the exciting conclusion of your most adventurous setting journey!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
ENERCHI-soooo happy that you were able to visit IDJ! Your diamond is beautiful, can't wait to see which setting you chose. I'm going to wager a guess-the split shank?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant wait to see! Whatever it is, its going to be a stunner

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going to pick it up this morning from the business centre! I have professional pics too!! Damn! I thought they were on my iPad.... :angryfire:

Sorry!!!

Hang in, I'll post when I pick it up! I'm so excited!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
....taps finger impatiently on desk...

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ummm Enerchi.... Let me tell you the first thing about Gang Cobra. Ring first. Talk later.
Now give up the goods if you wanna stay in Gang Cobra!
I really didn't wanna do this but I may need to kick you out! I would expect nothing less from you if I was slacking!
Do I need to book a trip to Canada?!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1352217292|3299848 said:
Enerchi|1352216743|3299845 said:
Yes, YayTacori, I unfortunately loved everything (in ALL the places I went to!) - not the helpful answer you were hoping for, huh?? ;-)

I did finally make a decision - it was NOT easy! What I thought I wanted... nope, didn't work with my hands. When I thought I wanted a very antique feel --- didn't suit my hand either... (damn this old/chunky body I'm trapped in :mad: ). Not to mention the issue of a budget - why am I not a millionaire??

My goal was to have visible contrast between "white" of new diamonds with the "vanilla/yellow" of my OEC. I thought I wanted RG or unplated WG to set off that warmth of my stone, but I went with plated 18K wg instead ... who knew? :roll:

This process of finding the right setting is NOT easy - at least not when you have a specific vision in mind and then it turns out it doesn't look right IRL, compared to what it was in your head. I completely empathize with the agony so many PSers go thru - I'm grateful for the perspective I learned along the way.

So in the end, of the 3 vendors I went to, I did pick one and I'll reveal it when it arrives - but that's a whole week + away! I'm not so good with being patient, so I'm hoping the time flies by quickly!

You're kidding, right??? You're going to make us wait a whole week? :lol: I'm just teasing of course, can't wait to see what you chose!

And, I feel slightly vindicated - I always had the feeling a really antique style wasn't really *you*. It's wonderful that you had the chance to try on lots of different settings to really get a feel for what looks and feels best on you.

Thanks for sharing your NYC shopping trip with us! I've really enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful jewelry.

Has your beauty arrived?! ::)

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1352215673|3299832 said:
There we are!

Enjoy the eye candy!

Ohhh ... I like this one!!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Enerchi,

I am anxious to see your ring too! I think you & I started thinking about settings about the same time. . . glad you have settled on a home for your special rock! Please let us know what is happening; I thought you were going to pick it up yesterday. I hope everything is wonderful! :wavey:

irisheyes9

Rough_Rock
Can't wait to see what you decided!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1352822503|3305371 said:
Ummm Enerchi.... Let me tell you the first thing about Gang Cobra. Ring first. Talk later.
Now give up the goods if you wanna stay in Gang Cobra!
I really didn't wanna do this but I may need to kick you out! I would expect nothing less from you if I was slacking!
Do I need to book a trip to Canada?!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just to keep the gang members settled down.... Here ya go!

_1823.jpg

_1824.jpg

_1825.jpg

_1826.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some more! I chose one from IDJ and I just love it! I was so torn between this one, the split prong on my pinky further up the thread and so badly wanting one of the DBL halos. I loved them all!! It really is so very hard to pick a single setting when there are so many options and ideas of where I could go w the diamond. Dougsgirl was super helpful and supportive during the process!

Finally found the cable and uploaded pics from phone to ipad to PS! Thanks for being patient!

More eye candy coming right up

_1827.jpg

_1828.jpg

_1829.jpg

_1830.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow Enerchi, it's gorgeous! :love: What a beautiful choice - the style complements your stone perfectly - and those prongs, ooh la la, I love them! Really, really pretty!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same shots as when I got my BGD ring in Vegas in June! Love the Aria hotel :appl:

Here we are in another flower arrangement.

_1831.jpg

_1832.jpg

_1833.jpg

_1834.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Enerchi! What a lovely setting for your gorgeous diamond- it looks fabulous on you!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi, I love the whole package- the stone, the ring-the prongs- so beautiful!! :love: Perfection! :love:
I am so happy for you- wear in health and happiness!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice of settings--wear it in good health!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the shots Luann sent me before shipping.

I'm super impressed with the split claw prong work! Was at Pandora today in the forum shoppes and the sales lady had to stop helping me with charms, so she could look at my rings! She called the manager over as we'll! The said the were dazzled by the sparkles! Woo hoo! I was kind of proud, I must say! :praise:

_1835.jpg

_1836.jpg

_1837.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh my goodnesssss!!!!! More!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1352855998|3305900 said:
So can I stay in Gang Cobra?? :lol: have I redeemed myself??

Next will hopefully be tomorrows Cartier trip and if we can find out about the titanic jewels, I'll go to the Luxor and tour that, too! I'm all about public service if it involves shiny things that sparkle!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YayTacori|1352855998|3305900 said:
So can I stay in Gang Cobra?? :lol: have I redeemed myself??

Next will hopefully be tomorrows Cartier trip and if we can find out about the titanic jewels, I'll go to the Luxor and tour that, too! I'm all about public service if it involves shiny things that sparkle!
You have redeemed yourself! That setting is beautiful! And your OEC looks right at home!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW :love: :love: :love: I love it, it fits the stone perfectly. That's a Q/R? Mm, I love that color, it's nice and white wine-y in some photos, and white white in others! Exact reason why I love how old stones play different 'moods'!

I love the double prongs, too! :love: :love: :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh me likey! Your OEC looks stunning in its new home! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

I agree with Madelise, I luuuurve the color. Yummy. :lickout:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous enerchi!!! Love the first orchid shot the best! Such a cool personality. Enjoy your new ring!!! ::)

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1352854502|3305869 said:
Enerchi, I love the whole package- the stone, the ring-the prongs- so beautiful!! :love: Perfection! :love:
I am so happy for you- wear in health and happiness!!!

This! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ok, so on tapatalk, your first set of pictures never showed up. I only saw the pictures from Luann which is why I screamed more. And then pandabee said something about an orchid shot and I was confused! Visit the actual website and lo and behind there are more pictures that I've never seen before!

It's funny cuz it always happens with your posts. Never with anybody else. The pictures you posted from DBL never shows up either until I went to the actual website from the computer. Weird

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!! It is so so so gorgeous!! I love the tint of yellow in the diamond that makes the whole ring a little bit colorful.
You certainly pick the right setting. It is perfect!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results