shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW NYC visit to IDJ - setting search for my Q/R OEC

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
(whoa - could I throw a few more acronyms in there?!?!? :lol: )

I posted my DBL visit and all the lovelies I saw there, and apologize for the delay in posting the IDJ visit! Lizzyann requested to see what treasures I found at IDJ, so I'm happy to share my visit with Luann and Yekutiel!

There was this little thing - you may have heard of it - called "Hurricane Sandy" last week in NYC and it affected so many people in such a large area. Most of NYC was shut down including buses, subways, bridges, tunnels as well as limiting the amount of people / vehicle on certain roadways, and took 3 - 4 days to get back to some semblance of what NYC "normal" must be like. This was for those above the area most affected by the transformer fire/ black out and flooding areas - sadly, that "normal" may be a long way off. Yekutiel and Tami tried to get in on Weds morning but it took about 2 hours and they did not get very far - so the decision was made to delay opening until Thursday.

DH and I returned on Thursday and we were fortunate to finally meet Luann, Yekutiel, Tami, Christine and Jade ... what a GREAT group of people!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful - very nice vibe there and they all know their stuff so well --- and of course Yekutiel is the complete master of all setting knowledge! I started in one direction... went off on another... then arrived down another tangent, and all the while he's completely assessing the comments I'm making to narrow down what would be the perfect setting for my OEC.

AND - complete and total bonus to this visit - I met up with Dougsgirl!!! It was so exciting! I recognized her nails and just the things she was saying about earrings for her daughter, when Luann asked what her name was, and she said it, I was giddy - "as in Dougsgirl? I'm Enerchi!" and it was like meeting a long lost friend - I was so happy to meet her!!! (and her DH, too - "HAWT DOUG") :D :D :D :D :D

My wonderful DH was exceptionally patient and tried to get profile shots so I could see all angles to remember the settings by. Not all settings worked, as shown in the pics, but Yekutiel would order the next head size up, if required, and they would fit the diamond in appropriately. Some were easy to rule out as just not 'working' for the diamond or my hand... but I'm throwing all pics in here for the eye candy!

So without further delay --- here come the bling shots! (I have quite a few to share and can only put up 4 pics / post)

img_2508.jpg

img_2509.jpg

img_2510.jpg

img_2511.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
more...

img_2512.jpg

img_2513.jpg

img_2514.jpg

img_2515.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really was the nails that first caught my eye when this beautiful friendly lady walked up to the IDJ counter and started talking...

img_2516.jpg

img_2517.jpg

img_2518.jpg

img_2519.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
There we are!

Enjoy the eye candy!

img_2520.jpg

img_2521.jpg

img_2524.jpg

img_2525.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

SO.... Beautiful.....!!! Thank you for posting even more bling Enerchi! Now, did you par down your list to anything you really love?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, YayTacori, I unfortunately loved everything (in ALL the places I went to!) - not the helpful answer you were hoping for, huh?? ;-)

I did finally make a decision - it was NOT easy! What I thought I wanted... nope, didn't work with my hands. When I thought I wanted a very antique feel --- didn't suit my hand either... (damn this old/chunky body I'm trapped in :mad: ). Not to mention the issue of a budget - why am I not a millionaire??

My goal was to have visible contrast between "white" of new diamonds with the "vanilla/yellow" of my OEC. I thought I wanted RG or unplated WG to set off that warmth of my stone, but I went with plated 18K wg instead ... who knew? :roll:

This process of finding the right setting is NOT easy - at least not when you have a specific vision in mind and then it turns out it doesn't look right IRL, compared to what it was in your head. I completely empathize with the agony so many PSers go thru - I'm grateful for the perspective I learned along the way.

So in the end, of the 3 vendors I went to, I did pick one and I'll reveal it when it arrives - but that's a whole week + away! I'm not so good with being patient, so I'm hoping the time flies by quickly!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1352216743|3299845 said:
Yes, YayTacori, I unfortunately loved everything (in ALL the places I went to!) - not the helpful answer you were hoping for, huh?? ;-)

I did finally make a decision - it was NOT easy! What I thought I wanted... nope, didn't work with my hands. When I thought I wanted a very antique feel --- didn't suit my hand either... (damn this old/chunky body I'm trapped in :mad: ). Not to mention the issue of a budget - why am I not a millionaire??

My goal was to have visible contrast between "white" of new diamonds with the "vanilla/yellow" of my OEC. I thought I wanted RG or unplated WG to set off that warmth of my stone, but I went with plated 18K wg instead ... who knew? :roll:

This process of finding the right setting is NOT easy - at least not when you have a specific vision in mind and then it turns out it doesn't look right IRL, compared to what it was in your head. I completely empathize with the agony so many PSers go thru - I'm grateful for the perspective I learned along the way.

So in the end, of the 3 vendors I went to, I did pick one and I'll reveal it when it arrives - but that's a whole week + away! I'm not so good with being patient, so I'm hoping the time flies by quickly!

You're kidding, right??? You're going to make us wait a whole week? :lol: I'm just teasing of course, can't wait to see what you chose!

And, I feel slightly vindicated - I always had the feeling a really antique style wasn't really *you*. It's wonderful that you had the chance to try on lots of different settings to really get a feel for what looks and feels best on you.

Thanks for sharing your NYC shopping trip with us! I've really enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful jewelry.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ahhhh!! I feel like this is my own ring and I am waiting in anticipation!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have some beautiful settings! I especially like the antique ones! Can't wait to see what you chose!!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cannot wait to see what you chose Enerchi- good luck!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Junebug - I've enjoyed sharing all my pics with PS!! I had a BLAST being the intrepid reporter, having a diamond adventure in the Big Apple!! The hardship of having to try on all these beauties was just a sacrifice I was willing to make in the name of all things "BLING"! 8-)
Next Sunday I am off to Las Vegas with my son, I'm hoping he'll indulge me in some Tiffany, Harry Winston, Cartier, Van Cleef photo shoots but can't predict how that will go... I'll have to promise him beer and slot money as a reward! :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006 said:
They have some beautiful settings! I especially like the antique ones! Can't wait to see what you chose!!! :appl:
I loved those ones too - slightly antique but done in a more modern way. I simply adore all the original antique settings that others have put their antique stones into, but for me, I couldn't really see that style working well on my hand. Now, a compromise like what I tried on... they could work... ;))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, ooh, a Big Reveal! Squeal! Can't wait!

I can't imagine thinking I would know what I want :rolleyes: :loopy: Not only is it your taste, but what looks good on you, with the stone, consistent with lifestyle, on and on. I'd get in there and do exactly what you did - only it would take me twice as long! :lol:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Did you get any picks while at LJN?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really excited to see what you bought!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are some gorgeous settings-and an even more gorgeous OEC! Can't wait to see what you end up with!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi, thanks for starting the thread! :wavey: Do you plan on getting a matching band and wearing the new set on your left hand and move your three stone to your right hand? Or will the oec be a RHR? I really like the first setting you posted!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I hope it's a halo!! :love:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
04diamond<3|1352229072|3299968 said:
Gorgeous!!!! I hope it's a halo!! :love:

Ditto!! Your OEC looks gorgeous and my favorites were definitely the halo settings. How fun to be able to try so many settings!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What fun! Can't wait for the big reveal!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What beautiful choices Enerchi, thank you for sharing! I can't wait to see the big reveal :naughty:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yayaya, I saw that you had been able to make it to IDJ and was hoping you had taken pictures and you didn't disappoint! Thank you for posting all about your trip. I seem to have time to read about them, but not write them...probably because I never take a camera and I'd make a poor PS poster without photos. :nono:

I'm so glad you had a great time despite the conditions of that devastating hurricane.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the first setting, especially the profile pic...BUT I can't wait to see which one you chose! :appl: :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the pictures. We love to see the bling! :appl:

Try not to maul the postie.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are ALL gorgeous!!! :love: :love:

I often daydream about running into a fellow PSer - so few of us out there are so passionate (*cough*obsessive*cough*) about gems and bling, it would be so much fun to run into someone who shares that passion. :)

I'll be keeping my eye out for your news! :bigsmile:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
A week, a whole week?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi hi I love the second last setting just beautiful :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1352224241|3299907 said:
Ooh, ooh, a Big Reveal! Squeal! Can't wait!

I can't imagine thinking I would know what I want :rolleyes: :loopy: Not only is it your taste, but what looks good on you, with the stone, consistent with lifestyle, on and on. I'd get in there and do exactly what you did - only it would take me twice as long! :lol:

Oh Willow, you have no idea how long it takes me to make a decision! IRL, I can agonize over socks for days on end... seriously, I'm the ABSOLUTE worst at finally deciding anything! This had the added pressure of knowing I was holding up vendors from doing their work... and DH from losing his mind ( :lol: ), I had to scoot thru things quickly which is part of why I needed all those pictures. I have a mind like a sieve and once a new shiny thing is on the table, I forget the one I just saw!

And you're right - it is hard to pick based on what you think you want vs what looks good for both the stone and your hand! I hope you guys like what I picked ...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1352261446|3300303 said:
Those are ALL gorgeous!!! :love: :love:

I often daydream about running into a fellow PSer - so few of us out there are so passionate (*cough*obsessive*cough*) about gems and bling, it would be so much fun to run into someone who shares that passion. :)

I'll be keeping my eye out for your news! :bigsmile:

I'm thinking I just may need to have an eastern Ontario GTG to play jewels with other like minded (*cough*obsessive*cough*) people! Wanna come and play??? :Up_to_something: It was AWESOME to meet Dougsgirl!!! What a fantastic and upbeat person! We were giggling about how similar we were and crazy, at the same time!!! :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1352258784|3300271 said:
Thank you for all the pictures. We love to see the bling! :appl:

Try not to maul the postie.

It will probably be the concierge at our LV hotel... but I'll do my best to stay in control (unless its some incredibly hot guy that I could sneak in a 'maul' just for the heck of it!! :Up_to_something: :naughty: ) :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1352228726|3299964 said:
Enerchi, thanks for starting the thread! :wavey: Do you plan on getting a matching band and wearing the new set on your left hand and move your three stone to your right hand? Or will the oec be a RHR? I really like the first setting you posted!
Hey Lizzyann! :wavey: No problem about starting a thread - I love looking at SMTB threads so it was my PS "civic duty" to get this up for all to see!!

My plan is to keep the 3 stone where it is (as my current e-ring) and the new OEC setting will be a RHR. Now, I'm thinking the IDJ 1/2 eternity I currently wear as a wedding ring, will have to move over to the OEC/RHR and look like a 2nd wedding set.... because I'm pretty sure... just a few more pockets/laundry loads/old purses/sofa cushions to go thru... and I just may be a new owner of one of DBL's yellow bands!!! WOO HOO!! That would become my new wedding ring and I'd wear it with my original YG plain (formerly knife edged) wedding band as a spacer. Then I'd have the princess stones with the radiant/cushion yellows and on my RH, all the rounds. I prefer that combination rather than how I have them now.

Yup... that's my plan! Just need that whole bank robbery/lottery win to come thru for me! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results