shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick post... @mrs-b needs all our prayers and support.

Her disc fragmented three days ago and they are trying to get her into surgery tomorrow
Please everyone send all your good energy and thoughts and healing vibes to dear @mrs-b

We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers sweet H...sending bucketloads of healing vibes your way
XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a quick post... @mrs-b needs all our prayers and support.

Her disc fragmented three days ago and they are trying to get her into surgery tomorrow
Please everyone send all your good energy and thoughts and healing vibes to dear @mrs-b

We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers sweet H...sending bucketloads of healing vibes your way
XOXO

Oh no! Please let this surgery be successful! :pray:

XOXOXO @mrs-b

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ambulance and ER admission this afternoon. Leaving in about 2 hours. Sorry - can't type.

XOXOXO @mrs-b! I’ll be sending prayers and healing dust your way!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, poor you @mrs-b sending lots of positive and healing vibes your way for a successful surgery.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Haven't been up to posting very much lately, a few things have been going on...a family member has been seriously ill (and is recovering), I've been sick (nothing serious and not covid tg), and just dealing with some life stuff.

@mrs-b, so sorry! Sending best wishes for a successful surgery!

I'm really sorry about your wrist @marcy, and that you're still feeling so sore. I hope you're feeling better soon. Rest when you need to and take care.

Glad to see things are moving along with the pool @Austina, you will really enjoy it come summer.

Glad to see Greg is feeling better @missy. Hope all your appointments went well.

@MamaBee, I hope you find your band...I lost my diamond eternity band and looked everywhere. Just accepted it was gone, and one day I went to get a garbage bag and the ring was in the box that holds the bags! So hang in there, and look in even the most ridiculous places!

Hi @Tekate! Audi has gotten so big, she's adorable! Glad to hear you and the family are doing well. And I'm glad your friend Kath is holding her own and I wish her the best.

@canuk-gal, hope your workweek is going well and your temps aren't too cold.

Sorry if I've missed anyone - hoping you all have a good rest of the week and I'm sending lots of healing vibes to all the nirdis going through rough times. <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes across the miles @mrs-b !!!!!!!! Such success to you!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you @mrs-b amd hoping all is going as smoothly as possible ♥️

Also asking for good thoughts for @Scandinavian for her mom’s recovery. And big hugs and much love being sent to you. And I am so sorry for the loss of two of your sweet furry babies. M heart goes out to you dear Scandi ♥️

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Also asking for good thoughts for @Scandinavian for her mom’s recovery. And big hugs and much love being sent to you. And I am so sorry for the loss of two of your sweet furry babies. M heart goes out to you dear Scandi ♥️
Oh my goodness, @Scandinavian, I am so sorry. Sending you all the best for your mother, and I have no words for your losses.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @Scandinavian, I’m so very sorry to hear about your precious furries. Sending much love and healing vibes to you and your dear Mum, I hope her recovery is swift and complete.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Utter disaster.

Admitted yesterday, only to find that the gastro team is now suggesting it be 30 days after my last Humira shot before I have surgery. (I had my last Humira shot...yesterday morning.). So now they're talking about sending me either to rehab for 4 weeks prior to surgery, or home, them ambulancing me back again then and doing the surgery at that point. The issue is the possibility of a spinal infection due to Humira - which would be disastrous and can lead to paraplegia.

So I am in a world of pain and immobility and will probably stay in that state for a month. Then a fusion.

Nightmare.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Utter disaster.

Admitted yesterday, only to find that the gastro team is now suggesting it be 30 days after my last Humira shot before I have surgery. (I had my last Humira shot...yesterday morning.). So now they're talking about sending me either to rehab for 4 weeks prior to surgery, or home, them ambulancing me back again then and doing the surgery at that point. The issue is the possibility of a spinal infection due to Humira - which would be disastrous and can lead to paraplegia.

So I am in a world of pain and immobility and will probably stay in that state for a month. Then a fusion.

Nightmare.

@mrs-b I’m so sorry! Of course this is your decision. I know I shouldn’t even be suggesting anything...but I really think the rehab is the best solution until you can get your surgery. They can manage your meds to keep your pain under control. One of the things I should mention if you have trouble turning yourself in bed is to get a special mattress in rehab to prevent bedsores. If I’m overstepping I’m very sorry. I just want you to come out of this okay.
XOXOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @mrs-b what an awful situation to be in. I can’t offer any advice, just wanted you to know I’m thinking of you, and hoping you can find a way to get through this.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs B I have said extra prayers for you, your family and medical team.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @Scandinavian, I’m so very sorry to hear about your precious furries. Sending much love and healing vibes to you and your dear Mum, I hope her recovery is swift and complete.

+ a billion.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all the prayers and warm wishes; they help.

Roll call for all those and their loved ones fighting illness...

@Scandinavian - I hope your mother recovers quickly and completely, and warm thoughts to you re the loss of your precious fur babies.

@junebug17 - I hope you're feeling better soon and I'm glad your family member is healing.

@missy - hoping Greg is feeling 100% very soon. And to you of course, I'm sending prayers for all good health.

@marcy - I hope your wrist feels better VERY soon. Hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 - warm thoughts and prayers as always. ox

@MamaBee - I SO hope you find your band! Which one was it? Please tell me it wasn't the baguette one!!

@Tekate - so lovely to hear from you! You sound very busy, but happy. :)) Auti is a darling!

@canuk-gal (bring on some warmer weather!!), @Austina (let's get that pool going, right?!), @springerspaniel (how goes the paper?), @Calliecake and @lambskin - blessings to each of you!

And even in hospital, bling helps! Love to you all and big NIRDI hugs! oxo

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b It’s great to see you’re wearing Beloved in the hospital! I hope they are making you comfortable..

Yes..I misplaced my slim baguette band. I actually favored it over my Tiffany baguette band because it’s slim. It matched my rings perfectly. I also didn’t worry about it getting chewed up like my Tiffany band. We‘re heading to the Maryland house on Sunday. The only place it could be there is in my little travel jewelry case. If it’s not there..I don’t think I’ll find it. I wear it in between two other rings so it’s not possible to lose it outside. It’s either in this house in Pa…or the Maryland house...There’s a very slight chance it got thrown out when I was sick..I’m so careful with my jewelry..I can’t see that happening..

I hope they have you medicated and feeling okay..Big hugs..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!

HEALING VIBES to all that are in this healing realm...so much love and support. Steady hands to professionals and steady hearts to loved ones who provide all that is wanted and needed.

kind regards, Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!! Happy FriYAY! We made it through another week. LOL that counts for something :)

@Tekate sweet dear friend wow Auti is growing up so fast. Today is my niece's 17 year old birthday and I cannot believe how fast the time flies. Give sweet Auti a big hug from me please. Cherish this time before you know it she will be an adult. I really cannot believe B is 17 now. Just wow. Miss you and sending you lots of love

@mrs-b seeing your gorgeous Beloved makes me smile and you're going to get through this like a champ. Sending you continued healing vibes and lots of love and hugs. One day at a time and praying relief will be yours very soon

@canuk-gal hope you are doing well and enjoying a sweet week...big hugs

@Scandinavian there are no words to express the grief over losing one's furry babies. I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending gentle hugs and of course continued well wishes for your mom's complete recovery

@marcy speaking of recovery I hope you are healing well and all is going according to plan...bucketloads of healing vibes being sent your way..XOXO

@MamaBee I feel you are going to find your baguette band very soon. Just a feeling I have. Sending lots of love and hugs your way

@Austina hope you and Colin are doing well and the week is going smoothly. I just read that even with all the rain in California 95% of the state is still in a drought situation. Very scary. It's raining here but supposed to clear up soon. Hope you have a good day and big hugs

@junebug17 oh no, sorry about your family member but relieved to hear they are recovering now. Very scary when loved ones are seriously ill. Have a wonderful weekend and be well

@bling_dream19 big hugs, lots of love and all good things

@Slickk the weekend is almost here...hope you are having a good week and looking forward to an even better weekend

Hi @lambskin hope all is well for you

We had our doctor appointments this week and it went according to plan so that's good. Of course waiting for the dreaded lab work results is never pleasant so actually hoping it doesn't come too soon if you kwim. Next week I think we are free of doctor appointments woohoo. Hope I am right about that LOL. Today hoping for a walk if possible. Greg is feeling better but not 100%. We have been testing for Covid but so far so good thankfully clear. I am wishing my sweet friends a very happy FriYAY and a wonderful weekend. Sending lots of love and hugs your way. Hope you can feel it

Leaving you with Gracie and Oliver...can you find Gracie @MamaBee :)

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 6.50.04 AM.png

Enjoy a very sweet FriYAY

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still in hospital. Just saw the surgeon. We're trying to lock down a surgery date. He agrees a month is untenable so we're thinking 2 weeks. I see anesthesiology and cardiology today and/or tomorrow to sign off on that side of things. Home either today or tomorrow. Hoping it's today but I suspect it might be tomorrow.

Two more weeks of this...UGH! But then relief. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! ::)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That sounds a bit more hopeful @mrs-b, everything crossed you get the go ahead for surgery in 2 weeks so you don’t have to suffer for the whole 4. I’m sure you’ll be very glad to get home a.s.a.p.

This is the pool waiting for the acid wash

9DE02C95-3917-4591-B492-74AD4AF8CBF2.jpeg

Fingers crossed for no more Drs appts next week @missy, and I understand about not wanting the results soon, what’s the saying? No news is good news! I hope Greg feels 100% soon.

Had a busy couple of days here, they turned up yesterday to plaster the pool, and then told us it needed to be filled as soon as possible, once the acid wash was done. It would’ve been really helpful to have had the timescale for these things in advance. So we were on the hunt for a water carrier to come and fill the pool today. They were supposed to come at 8.30am today to do the acid wash, but it was too cool, so they had to wait for it to warm up. They’ve just turned up, and said it’ll be ready to fill in 2 hours, so I’ve been on the phone and hopefully got someone lined up to come and do the fill today.

Our friend had his surgery yesterday to remove part of his lung which was cancerous, and he’s got through it and is now recovering. I don’t want to keep pestering them, so I hope we’ll hear later that he’s out of the high dependency unit.

Not much else happening here, and nothing on the cards for the w/e. We have someone coming from the pool company on the 23rd to show us what we need to do in terms of chemicals and pool maintenance, again if we’d known earlier, we could’ve arranged it for sooner.

I took a leaf out of @marcy’s book, and although I don’t claim to have her photographic expertise, the sky was really pretty when we got up early yesterday.

0FE37EEA-F424-4272-8DB7-158FFF1633CD.jpeg

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - what color will this be? Is it grey or blue? It's wonderful to see some progress! The pool and the garden have been my big points of interest re your home! Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s blue @mrs-b, I’ll post a picture once it’s filled :D

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pool’s all filled up, the water looks more green than turquoise ATM, apparently that’s what our local water is, but once the chemicals go in, it’ll be turquoise.

7E8D5DB8-50C8-4625-94AB-C45D2E3A3C0F.jpeg C8BD198F-AA1E-4108-A40A-F4F48EEBE561.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, so sorry about the complication - glad to see they can move the surgery up. Wow, your ring is truly gorgeous - sometimes gazing at beautiful diamonds does help!

@Austina, the pool looks beautiful! Must be exciting seeing it come together.

@missy, hope Greg is feeling back to normal soon.

@Scandinavian, I'm so sorry for your losses, and sending good thoughts and healing vibes to your mother.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@junebug17 sorry for you and your family illness. No one wants to feel lousy or see others suffer. Healing vibes!!!!

@missy yes they grow so quickly! My colleague and I were talking about this the other day. Babies, then BAM, adults! Hope you guys are feeling good.

@marcy how is your arm?

@Austina cool pool!!

@MamaBee I'm sure you'll find your ring! Upsetting to have misplaced it nonetheless.

@mrs-b thinking of you. Hope you are well taken care of! How is your DH?

Busy at work. Same old. We went out for errands and lunch. Came home and felt a sharpness on my tooth! WTH? Will go next week and have it checked out. Always something.

The weather has been very mild--and I am happy. Currently +7c!!

I saw a really cute North Face ski jacket today in the kids section at Nordstrom's--a gold puffer!!! I WANT IT ! My old Spyder is looking its age....any excuse! LOL

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear NIRDI’S

@Austina tiyr pool looks awesome and very inviting1! Enjoy. Yes, I am sure I’ll need therapy for a while. Gorgeous sunrise picture! Loves those colors.

@mrs-b big hugs and mega dust coming your way. Glad your gorgeous ring brightens your day. Hope they can do the surgery soon.

@junebug17 I hate to hear a family member is seriously ill, mega dust coming their way. Big hugs to you and hope you’re better soon.

@Scandinavian mega dust to your mom and big hugs to both of you.

@MamaBee I hope you find your band.

@canuk-gal hope you had a good week. My arm is more good than bad. Just an occasional reminder. Oh no to tooth pain. And isn’t that typical it happens on Friday? Hope it’s minor and not too bad this weekend, The North Face jacket sounds nice and warm.

@missy glad to hear Greg is better, mega dust that continues. Good luck on test results and yay no appointments next week.

Not much new with me. Working a bit less because I’m a bit tired and need to rest more. My sister and nephew came to visit today. We had pizza for lunch and some assorted crumbl cookies for dessert. I made my sister her stickers and business cards for her doll clothes. She counted out the pages for me. My nephew ran some errands for me and took the lights down off our tree.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Caturday Saturday!!!

@Slickk woohoo it's the weekend. It's gotten colder here...stay warm and cozy and enjoy. XOXO

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a lovely weekend and feeling good. XOXO

@canuk-gal our good weather is done. We had a last mild day yesterday and Greg was like we should go cycling but I had too much on the agenda yesterday so instead we went hiking and well it was cloudy and windy but mild. Today is COLD. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and staying cozy and warm XOXO

@MamaBee sending you find the baguette ring dust and lots of love and hugs

@mrs-b bucketloads of healing dust continuing to be sent your way...XOXO

@marcy yes take it easy and let the healing continue...glad your sister visited and you had a nice time...Yummm pizza and cookies haha good combo. Big hugs

@junebug17 hope you enjoy a lovely weekend

@Austina gorgeous pool, we will be right over. As soon as I am bathing suit ready. (Which will be never haha) Big hugs

@springerspaniel hope you are enjoying a terrific weekend and getting to relax and snuggle with your delicious furry babies...big hugs

Hi everyone else...hope you are all doing well. Enjoy a wonderful weekend. XOXO
@canuk-gal it was jean jacket weather yesterday again..I will miss that!
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 6.46.46 AM.png

And Tommy and Gracie were both lounging with me (on me haha) last night. Heaven...purrrrrfectly delicious

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 6.49.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 6.50.36 AM.png

Have a purrrrrfectly wonderful weekend girls. XOXO

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I have the worst figure in the world (not always the case but sadly true now!) and I will *gladly* take your place in Austina's pool! I love swimming in the ocean more than anything in the whole world (seriously!), and swimming in a nice swimming pool comes in right behind that! So @Austina, if you look out your window one day once you've got the water in and there's a plump, happy, Australian woman in her 60's bobbing in your pool, it will be me! Seriously though, it's going to be gorgeous. ::)

Home last night via ambulance (I can't walk at this point) and settled into bed. Starting the countdown to my (scheduled - finally! Yay!!) surgery on Jan 27th. I'm having a fusion at L5/S1 and a decompression at L4/L5 and L5/S1. So I'm hoping it opens up the space between the vertebrae and allows room for the nerve for the first time in years. At the moment on the current MRI, you can't even see the nerve, it's so compressed between bone. The pain is horrible and I'm just counting down the days till this is DONE.

But for now, it's good to be back in my own bed.

Eleanor leaves today and I'll miss her, but Wendy is here for another week and a half, and I'm HUGELY grateful for that, given how things have played out.

I hope all the NIRDIs are doing well and are staying bundled up in the cold weather. Love to everyone! ox

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results