Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@mrs-b woohoo, wonderful update. Good luck with everything. The other day I felt like this is all going to work out. Sometimes I get these messages from the universe and then you wrote your happy update. I am very excited and hopeful you will soon be experiencing relief from all the pain you have endured. Sending you big gentle hugs and lots of love

@bling_dream19 happy weekend girl..whatever is on the agenda I hope you have a blast XOXO

@Slickk happy Saturday...Hugs to Bear and you and hope you enjoy a terrific weekend (((Hugs)))

@canuk-gal hi there. Any weekend plans? What I don't mind about the days flying is if something isn't going smoothly wait a minute and we will be over whatever that is lol.

@Austina ooh how nice about the pool and before you know it the weather will be warm again..fingers crossed...Hugs

@MamaBee sending you more lost and found vibes for your beautiful ring XOXO

@springerspaniel have a wonderful weekend and good luck with your presentation...XOXO

@rainwood Princess Gracie loves modeling for the camera and showing off her pretty mug. She has so much cattitude LOL it comes through in every photo I think., Happy weekend XOXO

@Scandinavian thinking of your mom and hoping all is going smoothly. As for the losses of your furry babies my heart goes out to you. Girl, there is no getting over the pain. But I hope you can feel some comfort for all the love you gave them while they were here on earth...{{{Hugs}}}

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. We had a good hike yesterday and OMG the deer were all around. We might have been the only humans there because there were deer everywhere

The trail was challenging but fun. And deserted except for deer

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.42.34 AM.png

Baby deer
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.42.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.42.20 AM.png

Such a pretty little tail :kiss2:
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.42.01 AM.png

In honor of Caturday Saturday leaving you with a photo of Pepsi from yesterday.....she loves hanging out in the garden.
She is a sweet baby

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.44.25 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful weekend girls. XOXO

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all of the good vibes and prayers @missy I think you are right. I love seeing your adventures! The nature and the beauty of the beach are magical.
Soo glad your surgery is moved up @mrs-b and I'm praying for a very successful surgery and pain free life ahead for you!
@MamaBee So sorry about your band. I'm still hoping it shows up. Amd I'm sorry for delay, you were asking about a new piece and I acquired a beautiful BG band preloved to go with my new OEC! I love it. It's 5 pointers, bead set and 11 diamonds. Here's a pic.

20221204_170222.jpg

Sending lots of love and good vibes to all! May the bling be with you and get alllll the diamonds!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s

@canuk-gal steak (tenderloin) is on the menu today or tomorrow - come on down, I’ll share. I’m the same with white clothing, some days I change my shirt 4 or 5 times. Poop on snow for sure. It's a complete layer of ice outside and it's not gonna get warm enough to melt for the foreseeable future here. I already told Marty that he should plan on taking me to the doctor this coming Wednesday. Stay safe. Sweet your big puffer came! Enjoy. And even better it matches your Tiffany bracelet.

@missy I am glad you get to get out so much and hike even though it's cold. I always enjoy the beautiful picture of your post. Yes, I agree when snow first falls and it's very pretty and pristine. But of course here it just stays on the ground to get dirty and nasty and then the sun comes out and just glazes over the ice and it becomes an iceberg that never melts.

@Austina you are right, I do need to take it a bit more easy. I feel older than my age. My body is certainly rebelling against two things - trying to heal itself and me not getting up and doing my typical weekly lifting. I'm kind of vegging out today; that'll be nice. Holy cow about the insurance mess up. Sounds like they will get that straightened out, strange about the same name, but that of makes sense.

@mrs-b glad they are getting you ready for surgery. Good luck, best wishes and mega dust coming your way.

@bling_dream19 the band looks fabulous with your gorgeous ring.

I am heading off to do some serious TV watching next. Hopefully, there’s nothing for me to do for work later. I slept in until 7 this morning. That was nice.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday!

@bling_dream19 SWOON!!!! OMG I am drooling...your ring is TDF gorgeous :kiss2:
XOXO

@marcy sweet you got to sleep in yesterday. And enjoy your TV watching. You deserve to rest and relax and just let your body heal...big hugs

Speaking of healing @mrs-b sending so many well wishes your way and hope you are comfortable and at peace with your upcoming surgery...biggest hugs

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying a terrific weekend XOXO

@Slickk hope all is well and you are enjoying a lovely weekend...big hugs

Hi everyone else. We had a really good hike yesterday. Went off the beaten track and it was a nice long hike.
Today before the rain comes in we are hoping to go hiking on our local trail which is always nice. If the wind isn't coming strong from the north that is my favorite trail. But when the wind is fierce it is better not to do that one since it is on the water facing North. Hope you all enjoy a lovely Sunday. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 7.06.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 7.06.00 AM.png

And as I was taking the above photo someone was taking a photo of me lol

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 7.05.50 AM.png

Enjoy a peaceful and wonderful Sunday all

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think of you all!!!!

Woke up to snow/sleet, dark and gloomy. Met a friend for lunch and it was all sunshine when we got out!!! What a slushy mess tho. When I came home I noticed a mark on my new jacket!! POOP! Like wearing your new gold ring and seeing the first scratches. Not too happy about that, but had a nice lunch out. Got take out for my DH. Got some more heavily discounted stuff at Nordy's. I always wear a tee shirt or long sleeve layer under my sweaters, so those layers get replaced frequently . Out with the old and in with the new.

I see the Derm on Tuesday--good cuz I have something new behind my knee and it isn't pretty.

@missy You are not a fair weather exerciser like me! GOOD for you guys! My DS and I took a walk around the hood yesterday. It was icy but got our Vit D. LOL.

@mrs-b all the health vibes (I can muster) across the miles!! SO much success to you!

@marcy we had prime rib last night. Tenderloin, prime rib all good! Take it easy, please.

@MamaBee how is the jewellery shopping going?? YAY to new baubles!!!

@Austina when is the pool party???????

@yssie I know you don't usually post here, but thinking of you and yours.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy marvelous Monday!

@mrs-b bucketloads of well wishes being sent your way for a most successful surgery! Praying for pain free days ahead!

@canuk-gal aww thanks. I do it for my sanity truthfully. Glad you got to enjoy a walk yesterday and get your vitamin D! I feel the need to get out in the fresh air no matter the weather most days. Of course for the brutally cold days I stay in but it's hard. It's raining all day today but we are definitely getting out even if we don't get to go hiking. Not much fun being sopping wet and cold lol. Glad your dinner last night was yummy. Stay warm.

@Austina did someone say pool party? :)

@marcy ice is brutal. Stay safe, warm and try to relax and let your body heal. I mean I get it about work though. It helps keep your mind busy and sometimes we need that. So you do what is best for you and we are always here to support you. Each day you are closer to being fully healed

@springerspaniel we hiked our local trail yesterday and so I felt it necessary to take a photo of our tree haha. She is looking good. I will share below. Hope your weekend presentation went very well!

@Slickk girl, how are you? Have a marvelous Monday

@bling_dream19 good morning, hope your week goes smoothly and all is well

@MamaBee any updates? Hope you have some good news for us. What is happening with your house hunting?

Good Monday morning to all. Stay well and enjoy. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 7.42.30 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is for you @mrs-b

blueberrycreamcheesecoffeecake.jpg

Ooooohhhhhhhh!!

Today, to make 100% positive that nothing sets off my Crohn's before the surgery, all I'm consuming is water and bone broth. So *this* looks SUPER AWESOME!!

Good lord, that looks delicious!! ox

@canuk-gal - love the new jacket - and I'm sorry about the mark! What a pest!

And @Austina - any pool progress? Is the Cool Crete done?

@marcy - how are you feeling? Thinking of you and hoping things are going smoothly with no accidents or teeth issues or broken bones or ANYthing!

Love to you @MamaBee - I'm so annoyed for you that the ring wasn't out at the other house. I still have hope - tho I think perhaps you and @whitewave should for a support group!

Hugs to you @springerspaniel, @bling_dream19, @junebug17 and @Slickk! <3
Wishing one and all a wonderful Monday! :)) :wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhhhhhh!!

Today, to make 100% positive that nothing sets off my Crohn's before the surgery, all I'm consuming is water and bone broth. So *this* looks SUPER AWESOME!!

Good lord, that looks delicious!! ox

Big hugs H. I’m keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. May relief soon be yours!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

On the final countdown now @mrs-b, sending lots of positive energy your way for a successful surgery tomorrow and a speedy recovery.

Wowser @bling_dream19 your new band with your gorgeous OEC is just fabulous :kiss2:

In a week, we’ll be able to use the heat pump @canuk-gal, so come on over :mrgreen:

It’s quite chilly here at the moment @missy, but not heavy coat weather! Glad you’re getting out and enjoying Mother Nature.

We’re just about to pull the trigger on the landscapers, 2 of the people we contacted haven’t got back to us, so too bad for them. Just the finer points to clarify and then we’re ready to go.

Spent a couple of hours yesterday FT our friends, but otherwise spending hours going through the quotes and checking costings.

We got up early and got ready for the pool people to come and walk us through all the equipment, and they didn’t turn up, some problem with their transport. We then went to the supermarket to top up on fresh produce as the car goes in tomorrow and we’ll be without it for 10 working days.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b sending you bucketloads of healing vibes and so many well wishes for a very successful and smooth surgery.
((((HUGS))))

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck and warm wishes today and for an easy recovery!! ((Hugs)) and ❤️ I will be thinking of you today…

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Here is to steady skilled hands!!! Much success to you today! Gentle hugs!

kind regards--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!! I think of you all while I might not post individually. :wavey:

Saw my Derm today--she is such a sweet person and great MD! She took two moles off for "her" and one for me. I think the amount of eczema she saw surprised her--as I didn't complain. My back is pretty bad....but honestly it doesn't both me like the patches by my knees do.

Stopped at my fav fish place--and got a compliment on my "style" (bling jacket) and some organic salmon. LOL.

@Austina a pool party would be very welcome soon, as we are to return to deep freeze temps this weekend. I was really thinking Spring is around the corner. I delude myself every year this way........ Do you do the same @marcy ?

@missy keep up the exercise for us both. LOL. I do get my steps in at work, so there is that. I cannot believe you have NO snow!!!

Hope work isn't a minefield this week. PMA PMA...... At least I can wear my new metallic sneakers LOL

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Delighted to hear that you’re through the surgery @mrs-b, onwards and upwards from now on.

Sorry to hear about your eczema @canuk-gal, I know it can be horrific. I woke up one morning many years ago, and out of nowhere my face was covered in it. Glad the molies have been taken care of. It’s going to be cold here the next few days, so no pool party yet!

We dropped the car off this morning, they can’t give me a date yet, till they start working on it. The place was chock a block, so I hope it’s not too long - I’ve waited 8 months already!

Someone was supposed to be coming today to start on the pony wall around the pool equipment, but they didn’t turn up. It was thrashing down during the night and this morning, and it’s turned quite cold.

The CoolCrete people are supposed to be coming tomorrow. We had thought that as soon as it dried, we’d be able to put out the new garden furniture, but it looks like it needs a month before you can.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy wonderful Wednesday!

@mrs-b so glad the surgery went as well as possible and you are now on your way to a full recovery..I hope you slept last night and wake feeling happy

This is for you:

horchatahotchocolate.jpg

@canuk-gal oy I am sorry about the eczema. Not fun. Hope it calms down and goes away and that you are feeling well. Yup no snow...yet. Today we are expecting some but it is not supposed to stick because the temps have been pretty warm. Though it is 36F today so getting cold. Brrrrrr. Not surprised you got complimented on your style because you are quite stylish :kiss2:

@marcy how are you feeling? How is work going? When is your next follow up for your wrist? Sending you continued healing vibes

@Austina hope you get your car back within a reasonable time frame and you can get everything you need without one in the meantime

@springerspaniel hope your week is going well

@bling_dream19 how are you doing? Please let me know and sending you big hugs and well wishes

@Slickk no snow day yet right LOL. I am concerned for the high winds predicted here later but glad snow isn't sticking...I hope whatever the weather is doing by you all is well and you are comfy cozy

Hi everyone else. We had a good hike yesterday. Today is going to be miserable weather. Snow turning to rain and lots of wind. So we shall run errands and then hopefully be home before the high winds start. Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday and sending lots of love my NIRDI friends way...haha I'm a poet and I didn't know it. (And love corny jokes guilty hahaha)

Leaving you with some photos from yesterday and you probably would have never guessed there will be some deer photos included hahaha

@MamaBee where oh where is the deer?

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 7.21.11 AM.png

Doesn't she look like a kangaroo? @jordyonbass am I wrong :lol:

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 7.18.30 AM.png
Baby kangaroo right? :lol:

Next up...goat deer :lol:
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 7.18.40 AM.png

It was a beautiful day
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 7.18.19 AM.png

And Oliver and Tommy were getting along in a (very) rare moment :)
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 7.28.29 AM.png

May your day be filled with peace and happiness and only good surprises

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's

I read everything but am being careful. They cut my cast off today and put me in a removable splint. Exciting and scary all at the same time. Not bad since it's 4 weeks Friday. We will see.

@mrs-b best wishes for a feeling way better soon.

Take care, everyone.

Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Take it easy @marcy, I can’t believe it’s been 4 weeks already, don’t overdo it. I imagine you’re glad to get the hard cast off, do you need physio now?

Hoping you’re not feeling too awful today @mrs-b now the anaesthetic has worn off.

I love seeing all the deer on your outings @missy, and of course the kitties. We had miserable weather yesterday, so it’s worked it’s way up to you now. It’s been another cold day here, but at least it was bright.

So we’ve settled on the landscaper, and asked him to come over and measure up to double check Colin’s calculations. We’ll give him the go ahead tomorrow, and they’ll be able to start next week. We‘re not planting ATM as there’s still the risk of cold weather (plus a lot of nurseries don’t really have any plants after the last cold spell), but at least the bomb site that is our garden, will be tidy and ready for plants.

The CoolCrete people didn’t come today, neither did the guy to do the pony wall :roll2:.

Rescheduled Pool School tomorrow at 12.

Take care lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I hope the landscaper works out well. I am not going to take the splint off at all tonight and will try it in the morning. So far a few times a day, I am supposed to remove the splint and actually bend and twist my wrist and bend and move my fingers. I am typing with both hands right now. The more I do, should help, but will try not to overdo it. I get another X ray in 2 weeks.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As we often say here - you can't make this stuff up - during the pre-visit Spanish Inquisition - one of the questions they asked me was "have you fallen in the last 90 days?" I laughed and said "well, yeah! That's why I'm here."

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As we often say here - you can't make this stuff up - during the pre-visit Spanish Inquisition - one of the questions they asked me was "have you fallen in the last 90 days?" I laughed and said "well, yeah! That's why I'm here."

I ask that question!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Day one in a removable splint. My wrist and all surrounding areas are sore and feel unprotected. Lots of nasty bruises. I enjoyed my shower without the need to use press and seal covered by a plastic trash bag secured with assorted rubber bands. That saved me 20 minutes getting ready today. My skin looks nasty, like it has a thin layer of plastic melted on it. No way was my hand ready to hold a bar of soap to scrub my right arm. I did my minimal motion exercises twice so far - bend and twist my wrist. There isn't much ROM going on there. Then bent my fingers. It was strange sleeping with it because my hand is flatter. Onward through the long process of trying to get back to somewhat normal life.

Take care!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's FriYAY!

@marcy good update. I am sorry it is sore and you don't have a big ROM yet. But you will get there. Each day you are closer to being healed. Sending gentle hugs and healing vibes XOXO

Speaking of healing vibes @mrs-b you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Praying it gets easier for you soon. Gentle hugs and healing vibes being sent your way each and every day

@bling_dream19 wohoo girl, it's friYAY...hope you have a terrific day and weekend XOXO

@Slickk hope all is going smoothly and your week has been a good one. Mild weather on the way for this weekend yay

@MamaBee I need your help...where is the doe?
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 6.39.15 AM.png
:lol: Some levity to lighten the mood...
Hope you find your ring soon...my fingers are crossed for it being safely found and on your finger again soon
XOXO

@springerspaniel last weekend in January...flyng by as the months tend to do and even winter now flies by which is fine with me. I am looking forward to warmer spring temps. Hope you have a wonderful weekend XOXO

@Austina hope everyone on the appointment list keeps their appt with you and do what they need to do and you have a lovely weekend... hugs

@canuk-gal we never got snow as it never went below 45 degrees the other day so all we had was a rain event. This weekend temps will be near 50 F and I am not complaining...hope you are having decent weather and get to enjoy outdoors this weekend too XOXO

Hi everyone else. We had a good hike despite the crazy high winds yesterday. I mean they were gusting at 40 mph and up. I felt like our hike was resistance training all the way yesterday lol. Today is going to be sunny and less windy so yay for that. I hope everyone has a lovely friYAY and all the NIRDis dealing with pain and challenges have a better day today and may each day moving forward be easier. Gentle hugs and lots of love

Leaving you with another photo from yesterday (not a doe photo this time haha)...Greg saw his urologist in the AM and in their office building they have a T Rex by that famous artist. I have shared this T Rex before and also another we pass by when cycling...anyway he is still decked out for the holidays lol. Glad to see we aren't the only ones keeping holiday decorations (tree) up haha

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 6.44.40 AM.png

Enjoy a festive FriYAY! (((((Hugs)))))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8FDEE70E-F9D7-4C5C-8CDB-F6319176223B.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy you are teasing me, right? NO SNOW??? I'm JUST a bit jeali---winter has come back with a vengeance. From +9c to -19C and snow. Squalls. Got caught in two today....had to cut my errands short b/c of the whiteout. Whatevs. Good news is the creme really helped by back. Got a refill today.

@marcy, hope you are on the mend. The heavy wet snow obscured some of the paths/curbs today and I could see how easy it would be to miscalculate and fall. I walked like a penguin!

@Austina how are our pool party plans coming along? Hope you can manage without your vehicle.

@MamaBee how are your house relocation plans coming along? Glad you have no broken bones. But sprains are just as painful and inconvenient.

I composted my Poinsettia today. It was time! LOL. But the tree stays. Now that winter has returned I need the lights!!! I bought a happy little plant today to replace the Poinsettia. Safeway floral dept was very busy. I guess everyone needs a little bloom in the gloom!!! (I could have bought the place out!!)

Oh and work sucked.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday girls!!

@canuk-gal no snow so far...but we are predicted to get a lot of snow this winter and we still have 2/3 of winter left so...
in fact today it's going to be near 50 F and we are going cycling lol. Wish us luck. Have a great Saturday and XOXO

@marcy how are you feeling? Hoping each day brings more relief and more healing. Thinking good thoughts for you and enjoy a lovely weekend XOXO

@mrs-b more healing vibes and hugs being sent your way (((hugs)))

@bling_dream19 so happy for the good update...big hugs and much love and have a wonderful weekend

@Slickk happy weekend! Hope you enjoy it to the max and hugs to Bear and you

@springerspaniel enjoy a terrific weekend and hugs to your furry babies and you

Hi everyone else. We had a good hike yesterday. Strenuous. Today we are attempting cycling despite it being the end of January and a very cool ocean breeze...we shall see. I have mixed feelings haha but am not a baby so we will attempt..cannot promise we will succeed :lol:

Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 7.31.46 AM.png

And in honor of Caturday Saturday have a meowalicious day..may it be purrrrfectly marvelous

Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 7.33.55 AM.png
Sorry it's blurry...it's hard to get the cats to sit still impatient little imps

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's

I read everything.

@missy love the decorated dinosaur. Nice to start building those miles cycling for 2023!

@Canuck-gal this has been a brutal winter. I saw a meme that applies, winter be like someone storming off after a fight and then coming back saying "and another thing". Sorry work sucked and I need to walk like a penguin.

@mrs-b I hope you are doing okay.

So I am adjusting to the splint, my wrist doesn't feel quite as vulnerable without it. I can't believe how much dead skin I have, some of it is peeling off. I can put lotion all over it but then it would get all over the splint. Today, I even put a small bar of soap in my left hand and scrubbed - lightly - on my right arm. Woo hoo! Marty said the bears were commenting on how bad I smell. :lol:

After the shower I did my minimal wrist exercises and the first bend I heard a crack, think it was normal crack but still kind of went oh - oh. Bending the wrist up is barely moving it, twisting the wrist is improving already. The twisting hurts the most.

I even put on a real sweater today. I used a bag over the splint to pull the sleeve past the splint. I just kind of tried to see if I could put in studs - that is a BIG NO! Did I tell you I tried my diamond ring? It goes almost to my knuckle. I miss my jewelry.

Not much going on here this weekend. Marty has something blasting on TV. I just finished my astronomy club newsletter for February. Our astronomy meeting Thursday night went okay except for me climbing in and out of the pickup. Marty just pretty much pushed me in when we came home. Too funny.

Off to goof off. My wrist is sore.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results