carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Happy Sunday!

@marcy I am sorry you are still in pain but glad healing is happening and you see improvement. Don't overdo because it is harder to recover as you know. I remember I too had to hold back as I was healing and my surgeon reminded me if I overdo it will be much harder and longer to recover. That and eat plenty of protein for healing. Hugs and more hugs and stay warm

@mrs-b my thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope each day gets a little bit easier ((((hugs))))

@canuk-gal interesting about your watch evaluations and hope whatever decision you make is the best one for you. Yummmm to kale pesto. Hope you enjoyed a delicious meal. Sounds very yummy indeed and perfect for a cold winter's night

@Austina I think you said your days were getting more mild...hope I got that right and yay for less extreme temps. Today's temps are going to reach low 40s F woohoo. Stay warm and enjoy

@bling_dream19 hope you are enjoying a terrific weekend

@Slickk hope all is going smoothly and all is well

Hi everyone else. Hope an enjoyable weekend is being had by all. We stayed in due to the brutally cold temps and played Rummikub and it was fun. Greg had to re read the instructions as we haven't played that game for a long time. It was fun and a purrrrfect way to spend a cold winter day. And he fixed the water heater for the feral cats which had stopped working on the coldest day of the year figures. TG he fixed it but we have a backup arriving today. Today is milder out and we are planning on a nice hike. Have a great day girls. XOXO

Leaving you with a photo from last night. I edited the colors to make it more arty fyi :lol:
My interpretation of NYC across the bay. Taken from our study window

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 8.01.32 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal you homemade meatballs and sauce sound delicious! Your house probably smelled great! I am glad to see ROM progressing. That bending my wrist up is more imaginary movement than something I can see, but I persist.

@missy thank you, I'm not in serve pain - just noticeable, achy. I did try to not take any before bed last night. I won't try that again for a while. That's nice you stayed in and played a game. I saw NE was brutally cold - the news said colder than Mars.

We are having a quiet weekend. I have progressed to real tops and pants, they are baggy ones but I am using my left fingers to help get dressed. I keep trying to get lever back earrings in but that requires too much bending and flexing with my left hand. It's progress though.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Honestly, you couldn’t make this weather up! It’s like summer here today, so warm, we could sit outside. The landscapers turned up yesterday, and carried on with installing the borders. Unfortunately they’ve caused damage to the drip field pipes, so they’re sending someone to come and fix it. The earth is drying out well, because it was like a bog.

so glad to hear that you’re able to move a little better, and get on ‘real’ clothes again @marcy. As @missy says, don’t overdo it, you don’t want to set your recovery back.

Yum to meatballs @canuk-gal, I’ve taken to making them using minced pork, even though I’m not particularly a pork lover, but with sage and onion, they’re delish :lickout: I hope your watch valuations help you decide what you want to do.

Glad Greg has fixed the heat for the ferals @missy, I’m sure they really appreciate all the 5* facility at the Pussy Palace :D I haven’t played Rummikub for years, I’d also have to re read the instructions, but I do remember it was fun. I can’t remember if I mentioned that we have a little fox that the side camera keeps picking up at night? I thought how cute, till I read that someone had got bitten by a rabid one in the area:???:

I had the most ridiculous dream the other night that I was in bed and could hear lots of voices on the pool deck. When I looked out of the window, there were lots of kids out there, and a cougar swimming in the pool. It was swimming up and down, then turned on it’s back and started floating :lol: Weird or what?

We heard on Friday that the car won‘t be ready on Tuesday, the weather has held up the delivery of parts and paint :roll:

I don’t know if you’re reading this @mrs-b, but continued healing thoughts are being sent your way.

Happy weekend to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy and @marcy stay warm!!! It was +6C today.

@Austina our favorite Italian market uses pork for their meatballs, whereas I use half ground sirloin and lean ground pork. I also added parmesan cheese and some pesto. No more boring meatballs!!! Too bad on the car repair delay. Always something.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Monday! It was 45 degrees F yesterday and it felt great. Crazy weather.
We went hiking and enjoyed the day. It might be a mild week but we are expecting rain mid week and it is also a busy week so not sure we can go cycling despite the milder temps.

@canuk-gal nice! Hope the week brings you continuing good weather XOXO

@marcy I am glad with each day you are feeling better and stronger. Soon this will be a distant memory and those lever back earrings will be easy to put on again soon... XOXO

@Austina oh darn, Sharon is right...it is always something and generally it's multiple somethings Hugs

@bling_dream19 hope you have a great week XOXO

@Slickk hope your Monday is off to a great start Hugs

@springerspaniel hope the weekend was enjoyable and you have a lovely week XOXO

@mrs-b I hope with each day the pain is less and things are getting a bit easier...gentle hugs and healing vibes continuing to be sent your way

Hi everyone else. It's another hiking day for us. Have a marvelous Monday girls. XOXO

There was ice on the trail due to the frigid temps the other day

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 7.25.10 AM.png

And we saw a fox too. Swoon!

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 7.24.45 AM.png

Also ran into our friend with his pups

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 7.26.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 7.26.27 AM.png

And when we got back home Fresca, Dr Pepper and Pepsi were happily hanging out in the backyard. It was a very happy sight to see :)

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 7.26.42 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday lovelies

That’s a healthy looking Foxy @missy, and how great to see the ferals all safe and sound. I hope you had a good hike and didn’t slip on any residual ice. Not as sunny today, but warm and it’s drying out the earth.

The landscapers didn’t come today, they’re hoping to bring the Bobcat tomorrow so wanted the ground to be dryer for hauling all the crushed limestone and turf.

We got a message to say the KoolCrete people were coming today, to acid wash the deck and back porch, but they didn’t turn up and we’re due rain tomorrow :roll: More delays.

That sounds delish @canuk-gal, I might give it a try when I can get out to the shops again.

We were supposed to get an update on when the car would be ready today, and yep, no news from them either. Honestly, customer service is non existent here.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy terrific Tuesday.

@Austina sorry for the cancellations and hope it all gets sorted out. People are just not reliable these days. Sigh

@canuk-gal good morning hope your week is going well and the weather is mild

@mrs-b bucketloads of healing vibes to you dear girl

@bling_dream19 hope all is going well

@Slickk hope school is going smoothly and you are enjoying the kids and the work

@marcy bucketloads of healing vibes being sent to you too

Hi everyone else. So quest messed up again. Cannot make this stuff up. Was supposed to run C telopeptide and they ran a blood culture, OMG. I really am so tired. I called a supervisor and am waiting to hear back. It's a big deal because I have to get a good night's sleep before this test and fast too. The blood wasn't frozen so I must repeat it unfortunately. Just waiting to hear from the supervisor who is not in the office yet to see if she can squeeze me in tomorrow at 630AM. UGH. And Greg will have to change his appointment for an ultrasound which was tomorrow morning. It's just I have to do this test ASAP. Really aggravated. I must micromanage everything or it gets messed up. This is truly unacceptable :(

We had a good hike yesterday and today planning on the same. It's 40s F here but cloudy and windy so not cycling weather. Have a great day girls. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 7.39.08 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy and @marcy stay warm!!! It was +6C today.

@Austina our favorite Italian market uses pork for their meatballs, whereas I use half ground sirloin and lean ground pork. I also added parmesan cheese and some pesto. No more boring meatballs!!! Too bad on the car repair delay. Always something.

cheers--Sharon

I use Italian sausage! I also add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic..Pesto sounds yummy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@Austina maybe the pool party dream was all of us NIRDI's outside your house. Party at Austina's! Your crazy weather sounds like ours. We can have all four seasons in one day here. With wind, of course. I hope you get your car back tomorrow.

@canuk-gal you stay warm too. I try to stay warm, but never seem to manage. I want spaghetti and meatballs now.

@missy wonderful pictures from your frigid hikes. It's so pretty there. I can see why you love being outside. I am so sorry they messed up on your tests again. WTH? No excuse for such poor customer service.

@MamaBee your meatballs sound good too.

Maybe my Friday lunch with my girl friend can be spaghetti and meatballs. Oooh.

We slept in until after 7 today. That was a treat. I'm kind of sick of this splint, it's uncomfortable on my thumb joint and the velcro catches on everything. I'm hoping I can ditch it tomorrow. That's why I'm going out in a while is to see if the parking lot of the doctor's office is clear or if it's still icy. If it's clear, Marty won't have to drive me to my appointment. How exciting to actually take the Curbymobile for a spin. I hope I remember how to qualify - er I mean - drive.

I didn't sign in to work until around 9 a.m. but never quit working until now so I'm good on time.

Speaking of exciting, I have on my diamond pendant, diamond dangle earrings and my diamond heart right hand ring. Pretty cool!!!!

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Italian sausage! I also add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic..Pesto sounds yummy!

My sister uses Italian sausage all the time as well. I keep thinking to use it, but eat the sausage's on their own! Yum!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh, I'm so sorry they messed up your tests again @missy, what's wrong with these people?

The car will now (supposedly) be ready on Friday, no workmen turned up today, so nothing to report.

Be careful @marcy. Unless one of you was in a cougar costume, I don't think it was the NIRDIs invading the pool :lol:

I want meatballs too!

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy wonderful Wednesday! Just repeated my lab work. OMG they were so crowded at 6:15AM and they don't open til 6:30 or take appointments til 6:45AM. I was not first in line but they took me first because the supervisor told them I was coming (no appointment). It was the least they could do but I still feel weird going ahead of everyone. But the tech told me they were all walk-ins and the appointments were super early so she told me not to feel bad about that.
Fingers crossed the results are OK and accurate. I did not sleep well and that could affect the results but I had to repeat today so hoping for the best.

@Austina and @marcy my mom used to make the best swedish meatballs. So delish. When I was eating that stuff. I became a vegan at 17 but do remember eating meat up to that point. Generally hated meat and made my dad grill it so it was really well done and didn't resemble an animal. I do not miss meat at all. Only miss pizza and cheese but not meat...big hugs

I hope your car is ready friday Austina...fingers crossed for you

@marcy big hugs for continued healing vibes and I don't blame you for being sick of the splint. Soon you will be free. Hope all is going as well as possible.

@bling_dream19 big hugs, hope the week is going well

@Slickk big hugs and hope all is going smoothly

@mrs-b thinking of you each and every day and big healing hugs

@canuk-gal omg it's supposed to be 60 F Friday...we shall see. We are going to attempt cycling today as it is supposed to hit 50F but windy so I guess we'll see how it goes. Speaking of sausage my parents used to make the best sausage..Greg still loves it. I don't remember how they cooked it but it was out of this world

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. We had a good hike yesterday and today we are attempting cycling. LOL we will see how that goes because it is still chilly out. Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday XOXO

During the hike there were so many geese...it was quite the sight...winter colors of brown and grey and geese all around

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 7.28.58 AM.png

And this reminded me of a Hopper painting but for the light which was not Hopper-ish but I couldn't control that...thought it was pretty nonetheless

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 7.28.44 AM.png

Love you girls. Be well and enjoy the day. (((Hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy terrific Thursday!

We cycled over 50 miles yesterday woohoo. It was great. A bit chilly coming back due to the North wind but still a great day cycling. We ran into cycling friends we haven't seen for a year too so that was a bonus. We didn't realize it but she had been hit by a car cycling last year and her elbow was shattered so she was out of commission for a full year cycling wise. Her friend and cycling partner said it was hard getting her to come back to cycling but there they were yesterday cycling. She is 81 and he is 80 and g-d bless them. We chatted for an hour so it did set us back schedule wise but it was worth it. So wonderful seeing them both.

Anyway that's my update. Big hugs to my sweet NIRDI friends here and hoping you are all having a wonderful week. Much love and well wishes being sent your way. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 6.55.28 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Fingers crossed that the lab got it right this time @missy, honestly, I can’t believe the incompetence. So glad you had a good ride, and what a bonus meeting old friends. I’m not surprised she was hesitant to get out and ride again, it must have been an awful experience getting hit like that.

Well after no activity this week, the deck people have arrived and are cracking on. They’ve acid washed everywhere and applied the first coat, let’s hope it dries a different colour, because it’s nothing like what we chose :roll: Landscapers are due back tomorrow, so we’ll see.

Keeping everything crossed the car is ready tomorrow, I’m getting stir crazy.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are ok, with a special mention for @marcy and @mrs-b.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy FriYAY!!

@Austina yay glad they showed and I hope the second coat is the color you were hoping it would be and fingers crossed your car is ready today

@bling_dream19 it's our favorite day...hope you have a good one

@Slickk the weekend is almost upon us woohoo

@springerspaniel how are things going? Now you are all settled in at your new (not new any longer) job. Do you have any further thoughts? I bet you wished you made the move a long time ago but hindsight s 20/20 and don't we wish we had that crystal ball. Though sometimes I don't want to know so much in advance but sometimes I do. Have a great friYAY and a wonderful weekend

@marcy how are you feeling? Hope that wrist is getting stronger each day and soon you will be back to where you were before the accident

@mrs-b woohoo girl, so happy you got to go out and get a hair cut and you look absolutely beautiful

@canuk-gal don't hate me but our weather is crazy mild today in the 50s and sunny so despite high winds (a fact of life at the jersey shore) we are planning on cycling. Initially we weren't going to since winds are 17 plus mph hut now we think we might. LOL how is that for decisiveness. Hope work is treating you well and not crazy busy or stressful. Have a wonderful friYAy and a good weekend

Hi everyone else. We had a good hike yesterday and it was mild but with spotty drops here and there. We couldn't ride because of work calls in the middle of the day but it wasn't a good cycling day anyway because it never left the 40s and was cloudy all day. Today is super windy but mild so we will try cycling. Anyway hope you all enjoy a FriYAY filled with more yay than anything and a wonderful weekend. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 7.32.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 7.33.46 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m now officially p****d off, the car won’t be ready until Wednesday :x2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina that blows. I am so sorry. Ugh. We cannot trust anyone these days.
Can you rent a car until yours is ready? I know we get one for free when our car needs work but even if we didn't we would probably rent one if we needed to just because we need to drive here to get errands accomplished. I am really sorry this is being dragged out for you...hugs

@bling_dream19 happy weekend XOXO

@Slickk it's the weekend woohoo XOXO

@mrs-b hope each day gets a bit easier and more healing vibes each and every day... Hugs

@springerspaniel hope the weekend is terrific XOXO

@MamaBee hope all is going well XOXO

@canuk-gal happy weekend...hope your weather is cooperating... Hugs

@marcy healing vibes continuing being sent your way...XOXO

Hi everyone else. We had a great cycling adventure yesterday. And we had ice cream too! It was soooooo yummy. Jimmy had just made a fresh batch of strawberry and OMG out of this world. What a treat in February. Today is much cooler so probably not cycling and we do have things we need to do.

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 6.46.15 AM.png

I had strawberry and vanilla and Greg enjoyed butter pecan. YUmmmmm

Have a delicious weekend all. XOXO

And because it is Caturday Saturday may you all enjoy a purrrrrfectly super enjoyable Caturday from Princess Gracie and our entire furry crew....meowwwwwalicous wishes

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 6.48.38 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy I saw a few cyclists out today--it has been very mild here and the snow is melting but the ice berms, remain. No riding for me in those conditions!!! Glad you were able to get out.

@Austina those car people sounds like nincompoops! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Busy work week and I've been running around a lot. Going out again shortly. I've been getting my steps in!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Honestly @missy, it’s not worth the faff now getting a hire care for a few more days. I got a food delivery yesterday, so we’re stocked up again, it‘s just being stuck in the house that’s getting to be now. So glad you had good cycling weather and were able to get out and of course, enjoy some delicious ice cream afterwards.

I’m glad the snow is melting @canuk-gal, but the busy work week doesn’t sound like much fun.

At least things are finally happening here. Workmen turned up Friday and started on the pony wall around the pool equipment, they came back yesterday and completed it, and it looks really good. The deck coating people also turned up yesterday and put the texture coat on, and thankfully it’s the colour we wanted. They’re supposed to be coming back today to put the top coat on. Landscapers didn’t show up on Friday, neither did the man who’s supposed to be fixing the broken drip field pipes.

The standard excuse here seems to be “he had trouble with his truck”. We think it’s more likely the landscapers are making the most of the opportunity to do damaged tree and broken limb work, which is fast easy money for them.

They better turn up tomorrow!

We had an unexpected invite to dinner last night, from the lovely couple who live just across from us at the back. We enjoyed a traditional Colombian dish of chicken and rice, and it was delicious. I can’t remember if I told you that they had English neighbours a few years ago, who died in an horrific house fire? Just awful, but when we met this couple, she said that she felt her friend had sent us to them.

Well, another week has whizzed by, where does the time go?

Sending all the lovely NIRDIs a big hug :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!

@Austina rhat makes complete sense. Glad you’re stocked up and good to wait. It’s been relatively mild here. I am not complaining lol

@canuk-gal yay for getting your steps in and hope work is manageable

Hi everyone else. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend ♥️

We had a long hike yesterday and it was incredibly peaceful and beautiful

5B87B984-62D6-491D-AF54-E782349EB542.jpeg

Sending love and hugs and well wishes to all my friends here ♥️

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal I’m sill hungry for spaghetti and meatballs. I can smell them now. I have the stuff to make lasagna, maybe I’ll do that. Good wrist exercise. I keep enjoying my emails from Tiffany’s, I need to pick up a lotto ticket for us. I’m slacking in that area.

@Austina that sucks your care won’t be ready until Wednesday. Ugh. Maybe ask them for a car to drive since it’s later than expected. That’s too funny about a cougar costume in your dream. Sometimes, dreams are just plain crazy and weird. I’m glad to hear the deck paint look okay after it dried. I bet you’re excited to get the landscaping done. Dinner with your neighbors sounds quite fun.

@missy I am enjoying your pictures from your and Greg’s outings. I was excited to leave the house this morning and go out for breakfast then stopped at a store. Ooh. I hope your tests were done okay this time so you won’t have to go back. I sure hate to hear about your cycling friend that got hit cycling. Good for her being back out there, but I get her being skittish about it.

Thank you for keeping me in my thoughts. The doctor released me on Wednesday, said I don't have to wear the splint, even to sleep and he thought my ROM was good, so he asked me if I wanted to do PT or do it myself. I said I'd do it myself. I am calling them torturcises. Ha Ha. But faithfully doing four sets a day. I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago Friday.

I was pretty sore last night and uncomfortable sleeping but I sure noticed an improvement in mobility today. I woke up very stiff again but it loosened up before I was in the shower. And my stress balls showed up in the mail so I started doing that a few times a day as well.

Today, I have on real clothes, my pink sapphire ring and earrings and even have my Tiffany band on my left hand. I think my RHR rings would fit my left hand so I do have a few diamond rings I could wear. My diamond bands and diamond ring are still not going over my left knuckle. Darn I got them sized down recently. Who knew? I am sure the swelling will continue to go down.

We went out for breakfast today and we stopped at Walgreen's to pick up some Valentines to send our relatives. I drove to the post office after they were ready and decided to walk in to mail them instead of trying to get them in the box at the drive-through. Just to be safe. I could turn my key fob on the second try in my car. And I carried a laundry basket (half-full) with both hands. Woo hoo!

We are having some filet and mashed potatoes for lunch today. Peeling potatoes was a chore a few days ago, so I am anxious to see if I've improved on that. It's so hard to determine what hurts - muscles, nerves, tendons, the broken bone. At least it's not making me reach for some heavy duty pain meds so that's good.

Silly me, I thought I had my insurance straightened out - nope. I got a letter from the hospital saying - please contact blah blah blah again because they denied your claims. When I called them on Thursday and specifically told them on the call - if anything gets rejected they said to submit them again after February 19. I guess that was too vague for them. Phooey. I figured switching insurance companies between last year and this year would be a problem.

Have a great day - I hope your team in the Superbowl wins - if you are watching. Ha Ha. Marty has to be logged for work during the Superbowl, but ti's no longer a concern for me. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@marcy meatballing might be good therapy for you! And delish to boot. I bought some Italian sausage the other day, so next time I'm meatballing, I'll add that. I also enjoy the Tiffany emails!!! And I won a free play on the Lotto the other day. Woohoo! I don't plan to watch the Superb Owl but for the half time show.

@missy your pictures were lovely. Our paths are packed with folks, as the weather is mild. My DH said cold weather may be returning but I said NOPE!!!!

@MamaBee what's new? How is the house upgrading coming along? Ready for sale? My DH loves to go to Open houses; I'd rather have a root canal!

@Austina glad your pool paint is to your liking. We'll be over shortly, but I promise to leave my leopard bikini and cougar jammies at home. Who needs the trauma? :lol-2:

They are implementing a new computer/software program at work. I did some training this week and the interface is really busy. Complicated. I think I may retire. I'm usually pretty handy with this stuff, but I felt like a luddite. Incompetent. It is stressing me out and I don't handle stress like I once did. Like I need another reason to loose my hair (unreal these days ;( ).

But on a nice note; I had TWO compliments on my bling puffer!!! Young ladies like the gold!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls..I‘ve been reading but really feeling bad I haven’t posted anything..It hard to jump back in! I’ve been feeling worried because Chris, my son, has to have two surgeries. He found one lump in his groin..They did an MRI..and found another one in his hip..I’ve been pretty nervous but not letting him know. As you may remember he has been in and out of treatment..I rode that rollercoaster one too many times. I’m cautiously optimistic about him staying sober because he’s been sober almost a year and a half! He gets lots of outpatient treatment..His doctors and therapists do them all on Zoom calls. He even does group therapy daily on Zoom. So..he’s been much easier to be with..The medication they have him on also helps tremendously. Now this happens. They can’t have one surgeon do both surgeries. The one in his groin will be done by a general surgeon..The one in his hip needs specialized surgery so an orthopedic surgeon will be doing that. He has consults coming up with each surgeon in the next few weeks. I told him I would go with him but he said he’s fine..doesn’t need support..but appreciated that I wanted to go with him. That’s where my head’s been at..I’ve been on a jewelry buying spree to keep my mind off. Like I need an excuse! :lol:
@missy I can’t believe the lab keeps screwing up your tests..I hope the results came back okay..
I love seeing your photos of wildlife and the deer. We have plenty of deer but for some reason I haven’t seen them lately.
Prepare yourself for my whinefest! :lol:
We won’t put the house in Maryland up for sale until we buy the new one. The area where we want to live has zero nice houses for sale. It’s a hard area to get into. I would love a new house..but they are all too modern for me with black frames on the windows. I got all excited because our realtor set up viewings of three houses and a lot to look at. An older home was still on it but it would get knocked down to build the new one. We went to the first one but I knew I didn’t want it..Our realtor wanted us to see it so to be nice we went. OMG..It was like a maze. It was 8,500 square feet of livable space..Who needs that! My husband and I could get lost and never find each other!
The next house was nice but too small. The realtor said I was like Goldilocks..The first one was too big but this one was too small..:lol-2: The next one was my dream house..only to find out it wasn’t the actual house. It was just very similar..We had to drive to where the lot was to see where ours could be built. The lot still had the old house on it and was situated on a block of all 1950 homes..Those 1950 homes were very expensive..but occupied by people who didn’t do an upgrade since then. The new house would look ridiculous sitting among them. The new house would be sold for four times the value of their homes. We realize there will be a few sprinkled in on a street when we buy a house there since it’s near Washington DC..but we want it to blend into other similar houses on the same block. They have some pretty streets where this has happened..I felt the realtor should have told us that the house we were going to see was not one we could purchase. We would have bought it in a second. I’m very discouraged. It’s pretty stressful too as I want to get this ball on the road.
The other thing that’s been happening is..
My mom’s nursing home is going through a Covid infection like wildfire. The last month they had over twenty-five Covid cases. I still went to see her if it wasn’t on her floor. Talk about stressful..I would wear a mask and visit in her room or a private visiting room with her. It’s now running like wildfire on her floor so I won’t visit. They are still allowing visitors which is crazy. She has a large room so staying in there instead of roaming the hall..They keep testing the residents..Two residents next door to her each got Covid. My mom continues to test negative TG..

I apologize for all the whining. That’s why I haven’t been here. :boohoo:

I’ll be back..and it won’t all be about me..lol

Has anyone heard from H? I’m worried about her..

Hugs to everyone!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee I am keeping Chris in my thoughts. I hope his masses are benign and easily taken care of.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee
Dear Joanne keeping Chris in my thoughts and prayers and also your mom. May she remain safe and healthy. Big hugs to you. ❤️
And no need to apologize ever. We’re here when you need us and whenever you want to share ((((Hugs))))

H is very fatigued as you can imagine. She’s been through so much. We’re all thinking of you dear @mrs-b and continuing healing vibes being sent your way. And gentle hugs

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joanne! Lol just saw autocorrect ugh. I hate autocorrect!!! May *he* remain safe and healthy and everything go smoothly!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee you have A LOT on your plate. Love to you and yours.

@mrs-b healing vibes your way. Please be well.

kind regards--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joanne! Lol just saw autocorrect ugh. I hate autocorrect!!! May *he* remain safe and healthy and everything go smoothly!!!!

I didn’t even notice that! :lol:
I forgot to mention Chris loves his new kitten..Smokey. Smokey will lie on his chest when he watches tv. He said he thought he was only a dog person..but he LOVES that kitten. Smokey loves him too. When Chris gets anxious Smokey instantly calms him down. He is so smitten with Smokey it’s hysterical. He’s a big guy in love with a little bitty kitten. He’s so happy he has him..He sends me videos and photos of him all day long..lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t even notice that! :lol:
I forgot to mention Chris loves his new kitten..Smokey. Smokey will lie on his chest when he watches tv. He said he thought he was only a dog person..but he LOVES that kitten. Smokey loves him too. When Chris gets anxious Smokey instantly calms him down. He is so smitten with Smokey it’s hysterical. He’s a big guy in love with a little bitty kitten. He’s so happy he has him..He sends me videos and photos of him all day long..lol

I can see how it would make Chris happy. You writing this made me feel happy and well also. May this wellness and happiness continue!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy (how did you get here so fast) Monday!
I hope you all enjoyed a lovely weekend.

@MamaBee continuing well wishes for Chris and Anti Covid vibes for your mom and everyone. NY state in their (lack of) wisdom is removing the mask mandate in health settings. Oy to the vey.

@canuk-gal our mild weather continues and this week looks to be nice here. We shall see if that pans out. Stay warm and cozy and have a lovely day XOXO

@bling_dream19 hope you had a wonderful weekend big hugs

@Slickk hope the weekend treated you well and you are ready for a good week big hugs to you and Bear

@Austina two more days and your car is back fingers crossed. Hope you enjoyed a peaceful weekend XOXO

@mrs-b Gracie and Tommy wanted to put the ice cream on their heads for you but their balance is not so great lol. They take after their momma what can I say...hugs and healing vibes

@marcy thank you and it's the least I can do as I always enjoy your photos. More healing vibes and yay for being free of the splint and having a good ROM. Please be careful and do not overdo your home PT. Go slowly. It's harder to recover from a setback than to go slow and make progress in baby steps. Believe me I know about this lol. Hugs and more hugs

@springerspaniel I hope all is going smoothly for you and that you are having a very nice winter. We are about halfway through I think. It's amazing how even winter is going fast this year. At least so far for me. Hugs to your furry babies and to you

So yesterday we had a good long hike and it was mild and cloudy and beautiful.

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 6.13.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 6.15.56 AM.png

Today is a cycling day woohoo or at least we are going to see if we can cycle today. My ever optimistic dh thinks yes so off we go lol. What's not LOL is now I think I have chilblains on my toes. I never had that before and neither did my mom or uncle who also get chilblains. I have an appointment with my mom's rheumatologist end of March but ugh that's a while away. Not that there is much we can do really unless I go on a systemic med that will affect other issues I have so it's catch 22. And listen to this. My chilblains ointment is on back order. OMG I never ever thought we would be having med shortages. Sigh. One day at a time, one step at a time, doing the best we can under the circumstances. Is all we can do. Big hugs to you girls. Be well and enjoy,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results