shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Utter disaster.

Admitted yesterday, only to find that the gastro team is now suggesting it be 30 days after my last Humira shot before I have surgery. (I had my last Humira shot...yesterday morning.). So now they're talking about sending me either to rehab for 4 weeks prior to surgery, or home, them ambulancing me back again then and doing the surgery at that point. The issue is the possibility of a spinal infection due to Humira - which would be disastrous and can lead to paraplegia.

So I am in a world of pain and immobility and will probably stay in that state for a month. Then a fusion.

Nightmare.

@mrs-b that really sucks. I am so sorry this is happening to you. It certainly IS a nightmare.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b i hear you. I was on swim team all through high school and loathed it so much. I mean I just hated it. To the point I can’t smell chlorine without having flashbacks. I hated the competition, the long hours, practicing in winter and heading home with a wet head in freezing temps. And yes the smell of chlorine brings it all back. Lol our swim team coach always loved me because I was so fast (no hips to get in the way in those days haha). But I hated every single minute. I too love swimming in the ocean. But no pools for me ever again ::)

And big big hugs to you. You will get through this. We are all on your side praying for a successful resolution ASAP
♥️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday lovelies

So glad you’re home @mrs-b, always better to be in your own bed. :lol:I’ll be on the lookout for you once you’re through the op and recovered fully. I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain, but I hope having a date now for the surgery is making it a little easier to bear. I’m glad you’ve got your friend with you for a little longer, as I’m sure you’ll miss Eleanor dreadfully.

It’s a bit cool here today too @missy, but fortunately it’ll be warming up, so as soon as we can start using the pool heater (in a week), we’ll be able to use the pool. You have nothing to worry about body shape wise, mine’s gone to hell in a hand basket, and I really need to get back in to shape.

Please take it easy @marcy, you need to give yourself and your body time to get over the shock and injury.

We’re really pleased with the way the pool’s turned out @junebug17 an can’t wait to actually start using it. We have new garden furniture sat in the garage waiting to come out, so as soon as the CoolCrete is done, we can set it all up and start making using of it. I’m sorry you’ve been dealing with a family illness, I hope things improve soon.

A gold jacket sounds exactly what every PSer needs @canuk-gal, did they have it in your size? :mrgreen:

Are you enjoying wearing your beautiful new watch @MamaBee, and everything crossed you find your ring soon.

How’re things with you @springerspaniel, how’s work going?

Continuing to send healing thoughts to your Mum @Scandinavian, and gentle hugs to you.

Have a great weekend @bling_dream19, hope all is well with you.

Just waiting for the project manager to turn up with the pool chemicals, then we need to go to Home Depot for a pool brush (another thing we didn’t know we needed) and a skimmer net.

I had a horrible dream last night that I’d written out the cheque for the water wrong, and had put thousands instead of hundreds on it. Colin said not to worry, we don’t keep much in that account, so it’d bounce if they tried to cash it :lol:

Have a lovely weekend, whatever you’re doing :wavey:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love to swim in either the ocean or pool. Some lakes creep me out re water quality unless it is for water sports Which I have not done in over 30 years. In my early teen years I loved to dive competitively ( springboard and 3 meter) until I broke my arm from a diving accident. But I still like to dive - nothing fancy-despite the mega pounds I have packed on making me very front heavy. I am still a strong swimmer. At my age, I finally have acknowledged that my obese frame will neither prevent nor shame me from doing what I like. In fact, I have been the responsible adult accompanying my kids in open water ocean snorkeling in Tahiti, swimming with wild dolphins in Japan, and other water water adventures for safety purposes. If I was not willing to be there my kids would not have had these experiences. As long as I can keep on doing it I will. So, no pool invite is turned down!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glorious day for weather! Bright sunny and +5C! Please stay this way--Mother Nature do you hear me????

@missy I hear ya on the swimming--I also swam and dove. Ugh to wet hair--PTSD for me also! But swimming gave me my 6 pack!!! LOL. I should go back to the pool, but I hate the cold feeling. Unless I am in Palm Springs or Hawaii. LOL

@Austina true!!! We all need gold jackets--I ordered one in my size. Jewellery as clothing. LOL. Nothing better.

@mrs-b take care!!! Glad you have an OR date!!

@marcy take it easy, please.

I did errands today (why do I have so many errands???) which involved spending all my $$$. LOL. I did buy the ski jacket, metallic sneakers, and another sweater. My new rule is, if I buy something new, something in my closet gets donated. I have a "few" things for the goodwill!!! I am taking advantage of post Christmas sales (50-70% off) for tee shirts and jeans for my family. Same rule applies to them, one in, one out.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@mrs-b glad you are home and hope you aren’t in too much pain. Hope the surgery is siiner than later. Big hugs to you.

@Austina I am trying to relax more, I think my body needs it. Pretty soon you’ll have everything done and ready for the pool. Do you and Colin like to swim?

@lambskin oh no to breaking an arm diving.

@canuk-gal glad you are enjoying nice weather. Mother Nature rarely listens to me either, It sounds like you picked up some nice things, good idea to donate something when you get something new. I am trying to do less.

Speaking to trying to do less, I washed our sheets yesterday and had already warned Marty I’d need his help on the fitted sheet and maybe pillowcases. He was outside taking down Christmas decorations so I thought, well I’ll try two corners. I wasn’t that hard so I did the other two. About then he came in the house and found me making the bed. He wasn’t happy but I explained, I decided to try it and I could do it. He did have to pull corner #4 down a bit.

Marty grilled us 24 oz. porterhouse steaks yesterday. They were quite tasty. I ate my filet side and Marty got over half of my strip side. I am working on laundry and had to review some grammar rules on starting sentences with because - well, because that generally makes them fragments. Oops. My grammar and punctuation lessons were decades ago. Work is nice about these things.

Marty put one of my bears on the desk and instructed him to watch me when he left for the gym. So "Buttons" has been texting Marty at the gym. As you know, I am easily amused.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick hello this marvelous Monday
Sending hugs and healing vibes to all who need it
We have been enjoying hiking in this cold weather and it’s what we did this weekend
Today is another hiking day and then I have my zoom call with my girlfriends

Hope y’all have a marvelous Monday. Lots of love and hugs to you ♥️

0CB60C34-01E7-4783-9627-FFC427247E53.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re back. Things didn’t quite work out as planned, Kate got her calendars mixed up so was double booked :lol: We had some shopping to do, so it wasn’t a wasted journey at all. We had a nice lunch anyway, and got what we needed.

10 days and counting @mrs-b, sending lots of positive vibes your way that you can make it through the days and on to the surgery.

Have fun @missy and enjoy your catch up with your friends.

Glad you’re trying to relax more @marcy, I find the minute someone says relax, I immediately get tense :lol: Colin likes to swim, I can just about swim, but hopefully will get better with practice.

Yay to ordering your bling jacket @canuk-gal, you’ll look the business in it!

Sounds like you’ve had some great experiences @lambskin and so have your kids.

Lovely sunny day here, 72 degs and wall to wall sunshine.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!

Another mild temp day and like @Austina , wall to wall sunshine. Pretty weird tho, we've had two days with fog late PM, early AM. Fog--what's that???

I went to the dentist today and she smoothed out that sharp edge. Nothing serious, just a little "nibble" along the girdle. LOL. And I did a hundred errands. I really should make errands my middle name......

@Austina sorry you missed your lunch with Kate--I'm sure you'll unite soon. And I'm certain you'll be proficient in the pool in no time. Also, I can't wait for my bling puffer. My colleague was teasing me..."do you have room or a hanger"?; she knows me too well!

@missy have your fingers healed--I hope so. I admire you exercising outdoors in cold weather.

@marcy your grilled steaks always sound so yummy.

@MamaBee how are the reno's going? Sorry about your missing ring.

@lambskin hello!!!

I work tomorrow. I hear changes are on the way...which always translates to a greater workload.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy love your picture. Such pretty colors. Stay warm on those chilly hikes. Hope the call with your zoom friends was fun.

@Austina darn that lunch didn't work out. Nice you enjoyed lunch and did some shopping. Hopefully you'll enjoy your pool. I'm obviously not good at relaxing. I worked over 9 hours yesterday and over 7 hours today. Silly me. Enjoy your weather. We are expecting 6 inches of snow.

@canuk-gal I am glad to hear your tooth was an easy fix. Oh no to changes at work, I hope it's a work smarter, not harder plan. Grilled steaks are yummy, I just wish I could cut them.

@mrs-b keeping you in my thoughts.

As mentioned above, I didn't do well at cutting my hours. Oh well. Nothing new with me.

Take care.
Marcy

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re back. Things didn’t quite work out as planned, Kate got her calendars mixed up so was double booked :lol: We had some shopping to do, so it wasn’t a wasted journey at all. We had a nice lunch anyway, and got what we needed.

10 days and counting @mrs-b, sending lots of positive vibes your way that you can make it through the days and on to the surgery.

I love that you're counting down the days with me, @Austina - thank you so much. I'm really struggling, so I appreciate the company in marking off the calendar. And I'm so sorry you missed your lunch date - but hopefully you'll reconnect soon!

OH OH OH!! (Just scrolled back a page) How did I miss the photos of the pool with water in it?!! It looks FABULOUS!! I am SO jealous! There are so many things I want to do to my house, I've sort of frozen on which way forward first. But after I saw your pool, I called Tim into our room and said - "Ok. That's it. What I REALLY want is a pool. Let's do THAT." We'll see if this holds once the drugs have gone from my system, but at this point in time, what I want is a pool. Well, at least a plunge pool. I think you've done a fabulous job - your house is looking spectacular.

@missy - I love your sunrise photos! And Gracie, Tommy and Oliver are looking so healthy and happy! You and Greg are such great cat parents! Is your Christmas tree still up, and are the cats availing themselves of that? I love the photos of them *in* the tree! :))

@marcy - it sounds like you had a lovely day. It's always both sad and a relief when the Christmas tree finally comes down, isn't it? When I was in hospital last week, I asked Wendy to make sure the tree was down when I got back; just couldn't face that much sparkle when I'm this uncomfortable. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your time with family.

@canuk-gal - are there upcoming changes at your work? I thought you implied it but I might have misunderstood. Just so long as you get to work as much as you want, but not a day more! And I love the sound of a gold puffer jacket! Woot!

@springerspaniel and @junebug17 - thank you so much for your warm wishes. Tim and I emailed the surgeon today and basically begged him to move the surgery forward. I'm not handling this pain and I'm truly concerned what damage might be being done - both physically and emotionally.

@MamaBee - I'm so miserable about your lost ring. I HATE losing things and I feel for you so much! I do love the new ring you ordered, tho, and I think it will look fabulous. When should it arrive? On another note - I saw your comments suggesting rehab, but they really don't have the facilities to deal with this. Tim has to physically lift me out of bed and we've developed all sorts of techniques to minimize the pain as much as possible. I just want to get this surgery done; I'll feel SO much better then.

And @lambskin, I am totally with you re swimming. Nothing should keep water babies out of the water! :))

Hugs to you, @bling_dream19!

Hoping all the NIRDIs are well and wishing you all a happy Tuesday. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy wonderful Wednesday!

@mrs-b I hope the surgeon can safely move up your surgery date to provide you with much needed relief. This is barbaric and my heart goes out to you. You remain in my thoughts and prayers daily and I hope you can feel our love across the miles. (((((Hugs))))) And yes, haha, our tree is still up and the cats are enjoying it. I love having it up through the winter. Makes it feel a bit more cheerful. Winter is the toughest season for me. Love you and bucketloads of healing vibes being sent your way each and every day

@marcy girl, take some time to relax, heal, and rejuvenate. Work can wait. You are a busy bee lol. I hope your wrist is feeling better each day and healing is happening and pain is at a minimum. Sending healing vibes and big hugs your way

@canuk-gal yay for an easy fix for the tooth. Good for you accomplishing so many errands yesterday. Thanks for asking about my chilblains. My fingers are (knock wood) finally healing. Hope that continues and that my other fingers don't get affected. The med I requested for this finally arrived but I am waiting to use it since I seem to be healing. I'll save it for when I need it. Hope you are enjoying a good week. XOXO

@Austina oh no lol. Mix ups happen. Glad you made the best out of the day and hope you are seeing kate and her dh soon
XOXO

@bling_dream19 thinking of you and sending you lots of love and healing vibes

@Slickk how are you doing? How is Bear doing? Hope all is going smoothly. Big hugs

@springerspaniel I am so happy to hear you are doing well and enjoying work and getting to travel to a beautiful state this coming weekend. Good luck with your presentation and with writing up the new protocol for another project. Big hugs and lots of love

Hi @MamaBee big hugs and lots of love going your way

Hi everyone else. We have been hiking lots and getting outside to enjoy the sun (limited as it is this time of year) and just appreciating each and every day to the best of my ability. I enjoyed a marathon zoom call Monday and it was good catching up. The weeks go so fast and so much packed into them that somehow the hours just fly by. Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday. Be well and enjoy. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 7.04.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 7.03.48 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@mrs-b I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope you get your surgery soon! Hoping those techniques to help minimize pain are helping.

@missy glad you are enjoying the great outdoors. Your coat looks toasty warm. Right now I wish I had some of my bigger coats, I can't get any warm coats over my cast because of their cuffs.

I didn't sleep well but got up at normal time anyway. I cutoff work at 5 1/2 hours. We have 7 inches of snow so far.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy you look so cozy in that white parka! I LOVE WHITE coats! Sooooo timeless and elegant. MMMMYUM but I wreck white stuff like nobodysbusiness. I'll get the platinum and gold colors. LOLs.

@marcy I'd offer to cut your steak but I'd prolly end up eating it all myself! What are friends for!!! Oh NO that that amount of snow. Or any amount for that matter. Poops.

@mrs-b if I could do anything to relieve your pain and suffering, I would. Any type of struggles makes me sad. I am counting UP to the days to your new restored health!!!

@Austina we continue to enjoy mild temps--but it AIN'T outdoor swimming weather!! Hope you can enjoy your pool soon.

Work is work is work. Always more where that comes from.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Thursday! Another week flying by...

@canuk-gal aww thanks. I love the white parka too. And I know it will get dirty faster than my other parkas. I got it a few years ago and don't wear it too often so hopefully it will remain in decent condition. I have three of the same parka in different colors haha. And the price went up so much this year ridiculous. I think it went up 40%. I still got the one in navy with the price increase but was not happy about it. Oh well it's only money right? And we might as well enjoy it while we can. Hope they are not working you too hard and that you are enjoying a lovely week

@mrs-b continued good thoughts for you and hoping before you know it complete relief is yours. We are here for you whenever you need/want us to be...sending so many healing vibes and lots of love

@marcy wow your snow never ceases to amaze me. It hit 60F here yesterday. Not kidding. But the winter weather is returning and so is rain. Rain beats snow for me almost every time. Though I LOVE the snow when it first falls and is pristine. Ideally it would snow one day and then disappear before it gets icy and dirty. :) Bucketloads of healing vibes continuing to be sent your way for a full recovery

@Austina I have to say your pool looks very inviting and I know you will make great use of it and enjoy having it very much.

@Slickk @bling_dream19 @MamaBee @springerspaniel and everyone else, hey there. Hope all is well.

Yesterday was crazy mild. I mean 60F. Nutty weather. We had a great hike. We were considering going cycling but it was quite windy plus Greg had an important work call in the late afternoon so the day would have been compressed if we had gone cycling.
Rain rest of the week so today is errand day. I hope everyone enjoys a terrific Thursday. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 6.55.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 6.58.53 AM.png

And lastly the temp...wow. It hit 60F but I forgot to take that pic. But here it is at 56F. Close enough :)

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 6.56.22 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just over a week to go @mrs-b, keep on hanging in there, I hope the pain isn’t too excruiating.

Look at those beautiful deer and the fabulous scenery @missy :kiss2: It’s so serene looking. It’s warmer here, but days like today it feels cooler because of the breeze.

@marcy, you really need to start taking it a little easier, 5 1/2 hours is still a lot. Oh no to 7” of snow, I imagine you’re not going to venture out in that!

Yikes @canuk-gal I hope work doesn’t prove to be even more challenging for you. When’s your bling jacket arriving?

We did the shopping this morning, and collected our post on the way home. Opened it to find my medical insurance co. have sent me a bill for treatment I received on the 23rd, 25th and 26th of December at a medical facility I’ve never been to, and don‘t even know where it is o_O

Needless to say, I’ve spent a lot of time this afternoon trying to find out what on earth is going on :confused: I just have to wait for them to get back to me after their investigation. I did try and phone the medical facility, but couldn’t speak to anyone. Ugh, what a pain.

I can’t believe it’s Friday again tomorrow, the weeks are just whizzing by.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY girls!!!

Just want to say hi to all my sweet friends here and know I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending big hugs to each and everyone of you. I have a good feeling things are going to work out for everyone. This feeling came over me today and I am usually always right. Here's to all of you...wishing you lots of love, joy and good health. And successful procedures. XOXO

Princess Gracie sends all her love and purrs to you...
and a special meowwwwwalous hug to Auntie @rainwood ❤️

GRACIEINBOXINKITCHENJAN2023.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

I heard from my surgeon's office this morning and my surgery has been brought up to Tuesday. And - more to the point - they've asked me to come in today (and stay till the surgery) so they can do a cardiac clearance and any other related tests (I have no idea what sort of tests that might be). So I'm waiting to see when the ambulance is coming so I'm ready to go.

And @Austina - those weird medical bills? Clearly from me. I tried to have them redirected to you, but you've caught me out!

Seriously tho - I hope that gets sorted out immediately. In these days of identity theft etc, unexplained bills like that are unnerving. Hoping it comes to nothing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

I heard from my surgeon's office this morning and my surgery has been brought up to Tuesday. And - more to the point - they've asked me to come in today (and stay till the surgery) so they can do a cardiac clearance and any other related tests (I have no idea what sort of tests that might be). So I'm waiting to see when the ambulance is coming so I'm ready to go.

And @Austina - those weird medical bills? Clearly from me. I tried to have them redirected to you, but you've caught me out!

Seriously tho - I hope that gets sorted out immediately. In these days of identity theft etc, unexplained bills like that are unnerving. Hoping it comes to nothing.

Woohoo!!! Wonderful update @mrs-b I just knew it, felt it, that things were going to fall into place...and the surgery WILL be successful. I know it. Sending bucketloads of healing vibes and good wishes your way today and every day. May it all go smoothly from here on in out...XOXO

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!!! Wonderful update @mrs-b I just knew it, felt it, that things were going to fall into place...and the surgery WILL be successful. I know it. Sending bucketloads of healing vibes and good wishes your way today and every day. May it all go smoothly from here on in out...XOXO

<3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news @mrs-b, all those positive vibes winging their way to you via PS have worked! Good luck with all the tests so you can get the go ahead for Tuesday :dance:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@mrs-b fingers and toes crossed everything checks out and that you are "good to go"! Not too much fun being hospitalized--but needs must! Healing vibes across the miles!!

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to keep talking about myself here, but just wanted to let you know that I'm not going into hospital till 6pm tomorrow evening. I'm VERY pleased about this, as it doesn't change the date of my surgery, but *does* mean I'm in hospital prior to surgery for one day less. And hopefully this time in one week, I'll be back home, surgery complete.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOOT! The bling puffer came..taking it out to happy hour!!!

cheers--Sharon

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY girls!!!

Just want to say hi to all my sweet friends here and know I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending big hugs to each and everyone of you. I have a good feeling things are going to work out for everyone. This feeling came over me today and I am usually always right. Here's to all of you...wishing you lots of love, joy and good health. And successful procedures. XOXO

Princess Gracie sends all her love and purrs to you...
and a special meowwwwwalous hug to Auntie @rainwood ❤️

GRACIEINBOXINKITCHENJAN2023.png

Glamour shot!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Great news @mrs-b, fingers crossed that it’s all systems go from now on.

Awww, just look at that beautiful kitty face @missy.

Definitely need a photo @canuk-gal :D

I finally managed to speak to someone at the hospital today, and what are the odds that there are 2 people with the same first and last name, who are with the same insurance company? Yep, there was a lady with the same name who had the treatment, and someone didn’t check all the details were correct. Her DOB and SS number are different (of course), so hopefully it’s all sorted out now. I’ve asked that the hospital send me a letter saying that it was a mistake that’s now been corrected.

Had the pool people come today with samples of the Cool Crete colours, and that should be done next week, together with the pony wall around the pool equipment. :dance:

No plans for the weekend, it’s pretty cool here, so definitely no swimming :lol:

Have a great weekend lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I finally managed to speak to someone at the hospital today, and what are the odds that there are 2 people with the same first and last name, who are with the same insurance company? Yep, there was a lady with the same name who had the treatment, and someone didn’t check all the details were correct. Her DOB and SS number are different (of course), so hopefully it’s all sorted out now. I’ve asked that the hospital send me a letter saying that it was a mistake that’s now been corrected.

Had the pool people come today with samples of the Cool Crete colours, and that should be done next week, together with the pony wall around the pool equipment. :dance:

No plans for the weekend, it’s pretty cool here, so definitely no swimming :lol:

@Austina -

Pls post photos of your pool when the Cool Crete is done - I am currently living for your pool!

Last edited:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy that your surgery date was moved up to Tuesday @mrs-b!!! Only a few more days.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I compared it to my Tiffany rose gold bracelet--match!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results