shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

@canuk-gal --I do hope everything went smoothly and that you are recovering now. Please let us know how you are when you get a chance.

@MamaBee --David and I are visiting his 96 year old mother tomorrow. She has always been an unhappy person, so it is nice to hear that there are 96 year olds that can enjoy life. (Personally, I would have picked dog bedding...)

@missy --the bedrock of the NIRDIs! Glad to hear you won't need surgery. Freddie says "hi" from inside the dishwasher. Clyde says he has no idea who closed the dishwasher door...

My application for career change is in and nothing to do but wait now. Many thanks to @mrs-b for being such a wonderful sounding board and support. I would not have had the gumption to do this if I had not spoken with you!!

All the best to everyone else.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news indeed @missy I am so happy to read that you won’t need the surgery!! What a relief!!

Thinking of you @canuk-gal Hoping you are out now and resting comfortably.

Sorry, it’s been crazy here and not in a good way. The “outlaws” as @MamaBee so aptly and comically named them are really causing grief. I’m taking the high road but it’s not been easy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! ((Hugs)) ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@springerspaniel My mom was pretty difficult when she lived with me. The NIRDI’s have heard me upset many times. She has calmed down now. I nip it in the bud if she starts to complain. It’s much easier to take now that I don’t have it here in my home every day. We are so different. She loves to be the center of attention. I don’t..I bought her the turkey hat. She did a one person parade around the nursing home yesterday. Everyone made a fuss over her. She repeated it today. I really feel relieved that she’s settled and happy. I’ve been working on her room to make it more homey because she’s in a skilled nursing home facility. It looks like a hospital. I made her a message board where she could have all her family photos available for view. I’m also buying her art to warm things up. I hope your MIL doesn’t make your life stressful. I always wished I would have a sweet nurturing mom. I tried hard with my own children to give them the mother that I wanted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal how did it go yesterday and how are you doing and feeling? We are all thinking of you and hoping all is well and it went very smoothly. Big hugs.\

Sending diamond healing vibes.

diamondvibes.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving girls! Wishing you all a very happy and healthy holiday season and coming New Year. Lots of love to each and everyone of my sweet dear friends here. I am so grateful for you. Truly.

happythanksgiving.jpg

Thanksgiving_card_2_1637739920019.jpg

Snoopy Thanksgiving.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The cooking marathon begins..I’m thankful for finding all of you. Big hugs and love to you..
I’ll be checking in to see if @canuk-gal posts..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!! :wavey: Thank you ALL dear NIRDIs who wished me well. In fact, I am well! I will reiterate that PS'ers are the best. Sincerity and kindness means everything today and always and we live that experience here. Am grateful!!:)):kiss:

Our day started at 0400--I couldn't sleep longer knowing I had to get up at 0430. There was no one on the roads--it was an easy cross town drive. I arrived to a fullish (yet very large) admitting area, but it proceeded quickly and efficiently. There was virtually no one in day surgery, pre and post op. Even the recovery room was empty. Hence I had a private hospital encounter!!!!! I've never experienced anything like it--both as a staff person and patient.

My surgery went as planned--to the letter. Except for the horrific sore throat that lasted all day. When I was in PARR--I literally had no voice. First time for everything I guess. Oh as an aside, when they weighed me I am down 6 pounds from my last random weight--I have no scale so I really never know what I weigh.

I have very little pain. There is the usual and expected swelling which limits my ROM but otherwise I am good! And yes, I am happy it is over. At this point, everything seems great!

Happy Thanksgiving friends!!!!! Hope all the dear NIRDI's are well and have a great TG weekend.

@MamaBee take care during the cooking marathon!!! I know how that feels!!! I never seem to be hungry by the time supper comes along after a full day of cooking. And it is great you are "customizing" your Mom's room!!! We've done the same, although she already had a large flat screen TV in her room. It is homey!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, glad to hear everything went smoothly for you, although I'm sorry about the sore throat. Glad you're home and comfortable, sending healing vibes and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Will bbl...wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!! :wavey: Thank you ALL dear NIRDIs who wished me well. In fact, I am well! I will reiterate that PS'ers are the best. Sincerity and kindness means everything today and always and we live that experience here. Am grateful!!:)):kiss:

Our day started at 0400--I couldn't sleep longer knowing I had to get up at 0430. There was no one on the roads--it was an easy cross town drive. I arrived to a fullish (yet very large) admitting area, but it proceeded quickly and efficiently. There was virtually no one in day surgery, pre and post op. Even the recovery room was empty. Hence I had a private hospital encounter!!!!! I've never experienced anything like it--both as a staff person and patient.

My surgery went as planned--to the letter. Except for the horrific sore throat that lasted all day. When I was in PARR--I literally had no voice. First time for everything I guess. Oh as an aside, when they weighed me I am down 6 pounds from my last random weight--I have no scale so I really never know what I weigh.

I have very little pain. There is the usual and expected swelling which limits my ROM but otherwise I am good! And yes, I am happy it is over. At this point, everything seems great!

Happy Thanksgiving friends!!!!! Hope all the dear NIRDI's are well and have a great TG weekend.

@MamaBee take care during the cooking marathon!!! I know how that feels!!! I never seem to be hungry by the time supper comes along after a full day of cooking. And it is great you are "customizing" your Mom's room!!! We've done the same, although she already had a large flat screen TV in her room. It is homey!

cheers--Sharon

Glad to hear surgery went well for you @canuk-gal Sending you mega dust for a speedy recovery.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got my three injections (big ouch today for some reason) and realized I forgot to share my good news here.

If you want the long version check out the good news thread but I will spare you the long version here.

The short of it is that I probably don't have primary hyperparathyroidism but have secondary which means no surgery but Calcium supplementation in high doses as my body isn't absorbing it sufficiently so I need to take lots of Calcium in supplements. I am very grateful and relieved as primary would mean surgery is mandatory. Greg had that surgery and I know the unhappy experience close up and personal and have no wish to share that experience. So huge relief and while I am not out of the so called proverbial woods yet I am happy and relieved and grateful.

That's all. Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies and big hugs to you and your families. May your Thanksgiving celebrations be filled with laughter love and lots of joy. XOXO.

That is wonderful news @missy - what a relief no surgery.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving to NIRDI’s everywhere. I watched the Macys parade through the Snoopy balloon. Then I watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving show. Will start my lasagna for dinner soon. We are going to friends at 5. Full Turkey dinner on tap. I’m taking cheesecake, dinner rolls, fruit salad, wine, whiskey and lasagna.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal woohoo, glad it went well and you are recuperating. Big hugs!

@marcy LASAGNA...yummmmmm. Have fun at your friends!

@springerspaniel hope you are enjoying a lovely visit with your MIL and the day is going well. Big hugs.

@MamaBee I hope the day is going well and you are enjoying good food and a good time. I know all the food is delicious. XOXO

@junebug17 Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are enjoying time with your loved ones and eating a delicious meal.

@bling_dream19 @Slick1 @mrs-b @Keeliamira @sarahb hope all is well and you are enjoying time with your loved ones. If I left anyone out I am sorry and I am sending all of you big hugs. XOXO

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

We hit 9K on the bike this afternoon woohoo!
@marcy you were right :)
We enjoyed a lovely outdoor visit with friends and also saw Jenny the Boston we love.
Next year hoping we spend it with family!

Hugs to all of you girls and eat lots of stuffing and pie and enjoy!

9,000 miles at 1:30 PM today! Yeah!

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 3.21.55 PM.png

It is a gorgeous Thanksgiving Thursday with temps in the 50s here and sunny. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 3.23.52 PM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, I’m glad the surgery went smoothly . Hoping you are back to feeling completely well quickly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal I’m so happy your surgery is behind you. I hope you heal fast and get back to feeling 100%!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!
As soon as Greg put up the tree the shenanigans started.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 7.23.42 AM.png
In the process of getting the tree complete but Sir Tommy couldn't wait. :)

@canuk-gal how are you feeling?
@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY!
@Slick1 enjoy a nice long holiday weekend.

@sarahb hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving and are enjoying a lovely long holiday weekend.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
As you know we reached our cycling goal for the year woohoo!
Which is good because right now it is no longer cycling weather in the slightest.

Have a good FriYAY girls! And let us know if you are scoring any sweet deals today.
We are going hiking as it is very windy and cold and wet out.
Enjoy!
XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay lovely NIRDIs

Hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving.

@canuk-gal I’m so happy and relieved the surgery is behind you and you’re doing well. Hope you’re back to full strength soon.

Woohoo @missy, well done on reaching your mileage goal :dance: Quite an achievement considering what a year you’ve had. Enjoy your walk today, it’s cold but sunny here too!

I hope you enjoyed your evening with friends @marcy, sounds like quite the feast. How did your lasagne go down?

Sorry you’re experiencing such trying times with your ‘outlaws’ @Slick1.

Good luck @springerspaniel, I’m sure you’ll ace it!

I hope everyone enjoyed all the delicious food you prepared @MamaBee.

We had a quiet day, took Bertie out for a walk in the morning, then after lunch, took him to the dog park, it’s a good way to wear him out! Adam & Kim FT us in the evening, and by then, it was time for dinner.

Pretty much the same today, walking Bertie, a trip to the dog park, dinner and TV.

Friday again, the weeks are just whizzing by! Big love and hugs to you all.

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!
As soon as Greg put up the tree the shenanigans started.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 7.23.42 AM.png
In the process of getting the tree complete but Sir Tommy couldn't wait. :)

@canuk-gal how are you feeling?
@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY!
@Slick1 enjoy a nice long holiday weekend.

@sarahb hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving and are enjoying a lovely long holiday weekend.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
As you know we reached our cycling goal for the year woohoo!
Which is good because right now it is no longer cycling weather in the slightest.

Have a good FriYAY girls! And let us know if you are scoring any sweet deals today.
We are going hiking as it is very windy and cold and wet out.
Enjoy!
XOXO.

@missy Tommy is such a rascal! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy@ scallywag's will perform shenanigan's! Christmas tradition! Love it! Congrats on the milestone cycle. My DH did not go out yesterday despite the great temps--there are a few more nice days in our future, so hope he can get out before the cycling season is truly over!

@MamaBee hope your dinner was yummy and everyone enjoyed the turkey coma!

@marcy hope you enjoyed your dinner!

@Austina glad your window situation worked out!

I am well and happy to have slept in this AM. We enjoyed the first meal kit yesterday--prepare by .....ME! As U2 wrote, nothing changes on New Years Day.

My dear friend sent me the most stunning floral arrangement today. The assortment of flowers--outstanding. It really made my weekend.

NIRDI shout out!! Keep well and safe folks.

cheers--Sharon

NIRDI shout out!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina It sounds like Bertie is feeling much better and I hope that is the case. I am glad you enjoyed a lovely walk in the beautiful weather. And glad you got to chat with Adam and Kim on FT. Technology is amazing. Even just twenty years ago we didn't have that capability or at least I don't think we did. You are so right. Time is flying by.

@MamaBee hope you didnt lose power yesterday. We were A OK but today is another windy day though I hope no hail today lol.

@canuk-gal yay, glad you are feeling better! May your recovery continue to go smoothly.

@bling_dream19 are you enjoying yummy Thanksgiving leftovers? Hope you are and have a wonderful weekend.

@sarahb hopp you had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying a nice weekend. Any shopping? I was a bad girl haha and managed to snag another pair (of which I do not need) of SW blue suede boots...but a different type of heel so we shall see. A rugged low heel. Hope all is well.

@springerspaniel keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your successful career change. Freddie and Clyde melt my heart. They are so adorable.

@Slick1 happy weekend. Hope you had a marvelous time with family and are relaxing and enjoying your time off with no worries about the "outlaws".

Hi to everyone else. We had a good day yesterday and today is anticipated to be even colder Brrrrrr. I have all my warmest coats here now so I am prepared. My sister and mom sent me some photos from Thanksgiving. My youngest niece made the cake (in the shape of turkey) all by herself. Pretty impressive.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 5.44.23 AM.png

According to my sister it was delish. No turkeys were harmed in the baking of the cake. :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 5.45.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 5.45.31 AM.png

Have a wonderful weekend girls and big hugs and much love being sent your way. Stay warm, cozy and enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops forgot my photos. Just two this morning. One of Oliver in honor of Caturday Saturday. And @MamaBee he is a rascal. Innocent as he looks, he is not. No jury needed in this case. Verdict is always GUILTY. :lol:

@missy Tommy is such a rascal! :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 5.49.29 AM.png

And as the sun was setting yesterday late afternoon. Such a lovely sky. It was aglow in pink and purples.
And the city was glowing golden but I wasn't able to capture that in a photo. Next time.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 5.50.51 AM.png

Have a happy weekend all. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! I hope everyone is enjoying the long Thanksgiving weekend!
It was a really nice Thanksgiving. I couldn’t get a fresh 20lb turkey so I bought a frozen Butterball turkey. It sat in my fridge for six days to defrost. When I took it out it still had some frozen ice inside…I was able to get it all out. I did have to do the no no of rinsing it out with cold water…I disinfected everything after I was done…We‘re pros at that now..unfortunately..Since it wasn’t fresh I decided to roast it in a bag. It was the most delicious turkey we ever had. It was juicy and tender..I don’t even like turkey and I thought it was good. It looks like I’ll be buying frozen Butterball turkeys from now on.
I couldn’t have corn but ate everything else..No wine because it’s red..I’m having a Colonoscopy on Monday..No food tomorrow…I’ve been eating very light to make it easier. I’m pretty nervous about this one because last time I had four polyps..The doctor dropped one so it couldn’t be tested. She didn’t even tell me when she came back to talk to me last time. She only told me I would need another one in five years. I always go every five years so a red flag didn’t go up... I found out because my regular doctor sent me the notes. She and I agreed I should get another one in three years because of that..Then Covid hit..It’s been almost five now…Dust please for a shiny clean colon..:lol:
@missy Oliver looks like an angel. I know those are the ones you have to look out for..haha..
Your photo of the water is so pretty..What a view!
I love the turkey cake!
Did you make a turkey this year?
We didn’t lose power TG…I was so sure we would. It’s not like I could run to Maryland with the colonoscopy on Monday.
@Austina It sounds like you are settling in and enjoying your new adventure! I hope your house progresses quickly so you can move in and enjoy it!
@canuk-gal How are you doing? I can’t believe you had to make your own meal....
@Slick1 Your new furry nephew is adorable!
I hope you had a peaceful fun Thanksgiving without a disturbance from the outlaws..
I’m being paged from my hubby..:roll:
Hi to everyone else..XO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bucketloads of dust to you @MamaBee for a shiny clean colonoscopy. Are you doing the pills?
No I don't eat turkey (or chicken or meat). I am a pescatarian or as some might say pesky tarian (I made that up) hahaha.

Did they test the other three polyps? I know she dropped one but what about the others?
Yup every 5 years is the protocol for polyps as you know Greg has the same protocol. I wouldn't know as I have never had a colonoscopy :shhh:

Good luck and hope the weekend goes smoothly and that tomorrow's prep isn't bad. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think of your all individually and hope you are all safe and well.

@MamaBee hope your test on Monday goes well and without incident. And FWIW, I love Butterball turkey's--although I am also not a great turkey fan. But I've never had a failure with a Butterball.

@missy--cold and gloomy here also. We had such lovely warm and bright weather all this week--and it is predicted to switch back tomorrow. All good.

Can I ask some advice? How does Fashionphile,,,ummm, work? I've been looking at purses--but I click on something and it says: this item is in 27 carts. WOT??? Sorry for this luddite question, but, what gives?

It is my Birthday today so my DH is going out for some cake. I don't eat much cake but feel like it today. Part of the healing process! LOL I am doing well and am happy about that. Icing on the proverbial cake.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D7F4436F-E7AD-4C46-9F10-36245069156C.gif

Happy Birthday beautiful Sharon!!!
Hope you enjoy a wonderful birthday.
Yummmm to cake, enjoy!

(Sorry I don’t know fashionpile).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Sharon!!
Fashionphile…People that are thinking about getting something put it in their carts to think about whether they want it or not. I think it may be a marketing gimmick to make you rush into purchasing the item..maybe not..You can buy it as long as it’s still available.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Sharon!!

My Mom just called me. My sister was there visiting--so she set her up and I appreciated the call!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Mom just called me. My sister was there visiting--so she set her up and I appreciated the call!!

That’s the best present! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bucketloads of dust to you @MamaBee for a shiny clean colonoscopy. Are you doing the pills?
No I don't eat turkey (or chicken or meat). I am a pescatarian or as some might say pesky tarian (I made that up) hahaha.

Did they test the other three polyps? I know she dropped one but what about the others?
Yup every 5 years is the protocol for polyps as you know Greg has the same protocol. I wouldn't know as I have never had a colonoscopy :shhh:

Good luck and hope the weekend goes smoothly and that tomorrow's prep isn't bad. XOXO.

@missy No..I didn’t get pills..I got a box of Clenpiq..It has two bottles in it..I drink one bottle at 6pm tomorrow..and another bottle at midnight. After each bottle I have to drink 40oz of water in less than two hours..I have to be finished with the water by 2am.

Yes..I’m pretty sure the other polyps were tested. I remember talking to the nurse by phone after the fact about the lost polyp. She said it will be treated as a precancerous one because it couldn’t be tested. That’s when she said five years…That seems crazy to me. The polyp was 5mm. I think that’s pretty big..

My daughter-in-law said she doesn’t fit into the definitions..but she mainly eats vegetables, some shellfish, and very occasionally a little chicken in her salads. I think she only did that when she was pregnant for extra protein. She also eats egg whites…

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results