carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy yay for seeing Snowflake! Thank you for starting my day with pictures of ice cream. Mmm. Beaiutifiul sunset and sunrie photos. Before i forget based on my "belief" of where your beach house is located the Sun should be in partial eclipse when it rises on the morning of the 10th. If you are interested text me your zip code and I'll send you info about the eciplse from your location. I totally agree workouts help both mentally and physically! You do spend many hours a week working on both. I totally love watching thunderstorms - but only if my Curbymobile is in the garage. I hope your back is feeling better.

@Austina I hope you got your busy day behind you and you and Colin are having a relaxing evening. You wore me out telling me everything you did this weekend. It does seem to take a long time before they break ground; glad you've got that price locked in though. I bet all the rain is helping your plants and flowers. Hoping mine do better than last year. I heard rain hitting the window yesterday and thought - not again; the flowers are going to get hailed on the day after we plant them? But it ended up just being rain. Isn't it stunning how clean things look after power washing them? I know it's work but worth it.

@mrs-b based on what Marty tells me lifting can help with almost anything. He has made amazing progress with his clients; many of them are elderly with all sort of knee, ankle, back and hip issues. Before I started lifting my knees / legs were so bad I had difficiulty grocery shopping without getting so stiff I needed Advil to shop and then had to set down the rest of the day. My right knee still can't take just standing for too long but now that I have actual leg muscles I can walk so much more. I really noticed it at the family Christmas; this year I managed pulling out all my dishes the day before; carrying them to the ktichen, then the food prep, dishes, multiple dish cycles, taking care of everything and I was only slightly sore not practically immobile as in the past. The next day I was fine; just slightly more sore than normal. I too was quite scared to even try lifting as bad as my knees are but I found it helped me quite a bit. If you give Missy permission she can text me your cell phone number then I can text you Marty's information. If nothing else he can give you suggestions. He does online coaching as well where he gives clients assignments and they video one of each set then he watches them and gives feedback. Your yard does sound like a long, on going process but it will be worth it when it's done. Around here we don't have lots of trees. I think you are in the NE somewhere but don't remember for sure. I remember visitng the inlaws when they lived in Maryland; I said all these trees give you the illusion of seclusion; around here we can see for miles! Ouch to tweaking your back and your teeth aching. A Sonic care really flares up my teeth. Great biypass ring. I had one similar to that - it was a Christmas present. I was pulling off a turtle neck with ribbed cuffed and it pulled off a pearl. We both saw it fly across the bed and fall right in the furnance vent on the floor. You couldnt do that shot if you were standing right over the vent. You heard the pearl rolling through the tubes. Tall Marty went downstairs; pulled the tubes apart, stuck his hand in there and found the pearl. I had the jeweler fix it. Then about a week after getting it back; the other pearl fell off. Then I had them put prongs on both pearls. I get it back and then notied in sunlight they had scratched the black pearl by the prong. I returned it. But I still love bypass style rings. Ooh to an eventual pool and french doors off your bedroom.

@MamaBee that's great it wasn't too expensive to get rid of your rugs, secretary and wing chairs. Darn your DH saves stuff; I feel your pain.

@caniuk-gal Sharknado movies are campy but totally entertaining.

I am utterly bored right now at work. About 1/2 of the things I checked today had issues so I cried, whined, nagged or bitched at the appropriate people to fix them. Since my boss is gone I get to bitch at his other employees too. Fun for me!

Marty was so busy today he never got home to his office from the gym; they are on conference calls all day and the first one started while he was still at the gym. He is going to pick up a new AC unit for the gym and install it. Might be challenging since it's over the front door. The landlord said if Marty bought it he could deduct it off his rent check. Since Marty had to pay so much on taxes for his $2700 profit last year he seems determined to spend any profit he makes this year.

My right knee kept yelling at me off and on all night last night; I'm not too wide away today. I'm wearing my ruby band so at least I have something fun to stare at rather than work.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there all!

@marcy, it's great you notice improvement in your physical strength since you've started lifting. I'm sorry your knee was giving you trouble. I'm glad your band kept you entertained lol, jewelry does come in very handy for that. Your flower pots sound beautiful and I'm sure they brighten things up a lot. Nice that Marty will have an air conditioner in the gym, will make things much more comfortable.

@mrs-b, yes, we have a vacation place in SC and we've spent most of the past year there. It's dh's happy place lol; he'd move there tomorrow if he could. He golfs and there are some nice courses there. I really like it there too but am kind of attached to our house in NJ. I did start feeling more "at home" after spending so much time there. We'll probably end up there full-time when dh retires, which will be in a few years. It's interesting Tim might work from home permanently, same for my ds and he's hoping it turns out that way. He loves working from home.

So sorry about your back, and I hope it's feeling better soon. Your plans for your setting sound lovely, it's going to be beautiful. Wow, love the video of your diamond, it is truly gorgeous. :love: A pool and french doors leading to it is a fabulous plan.

@MamaBee, LOL to sneaking things out of the house! Dh and I both want to clean out our house but neither of us ever feels like doing it lol. The only good thing about the flood we had last summer in the basement was it forced us to clear out a lot of things we needed to get rid of. I'm glad you were able to get rid of everything conveniently and cheaply. Your dh sounds like mine, impossible to buy for haha. It sounds like he had a wonderful birthday celebration.

@missy, I'm sorry your back is acting up and I hope it's back to normal soon. It's great that you saw Snowflake and I'm glad he seems to be doing ok. I hope Greg can work from home for as long as possible; it does make life easier in many ways. I hope you have no reactions to the medication and it resolves the ongoing issue you're having and a biopsy isn't necessary. Really cute pics of Gracie and Oliver, and your pics of the sky are beautiful.

@canuk-gal, how nice you bought some flower pots, even though they were expensive. Seems like everything is these days, ugh. Love flower pots, they add so much beauty to a space. Sorry the weather has turned chilly and I hope it warms up soon. I hope you have a really good week at work.

@Austina, you and Colin are working so hard, and getting so much accomplished. The jobs you are tackling are strenuous and time-consuming. I'm sure everything looks fantastic. I hope you work in a little bit of rest here and there. Have a great time with Sue and Rob tomorrow.

We're back in NJ - the drive went well and even though we hit some traffic for some reason the time went by quickly. Usually it goes by very slowly on these rides lol. I'm visiting my nephew, his wife, and my great-nephew this week. I haven't seen them for over a year because of covid so I'm looking forward to it. My sister (nephew's mother) and her dh will be there too so it should be quite the party.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @josieKat, I appreciate this and glad you are A OK and were able to finally get the biopsy without too much pain.

GM girls!
Hope everyone is well and just a quick good morning today.

@Slick1 keeping you and your family especially your FIL in my thoughts.

@bling_dream19 it doesn't feel like Sunday to me for some reason...I am losing track of time. Hope you are enjoying a fun weekend.

@canuk-gal hope you had a good cycling day yesterday and maybe more today? Whatever you do hope you enjoy.

@mrs-b I hope you continue to feel better and enjoy a lovely Sunday. Much to look forward to. As for my favorite ice cream flavor that is a tough one. Before I was off dairy my fave was Ben and Jerry Heathbar crunch but honestly Vanilla is always one of my favorites. I love them all. Coffee, strawberry, PB and J, etc but I always swoon over a good Vanilla. :)

@MamaBee hope Shatzie is having a happy birthday weekend and whatever you got him is purrrrfect I am sure. Hmmm just a thought...would he love a kitty? I have one (or two) I would be very willing to give you to give him :lol:

oliverinnocentnot.png

Please take me up on my generous offer. 8)

@marcy hope your weekend is uninterrupted by work and you are having some R&R.

@Austina hope you are accomplishing all you are endeavoring and it is going smoothly.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a fun weekend.

Off to my workout and lifting weights and then looking forward to more cycling today despite the heat wave that continues. We had a good albeit hot ride yesterday and of course enjoyed some delicious ice cream.

On that note I am sharing my ice cream from yesterday with all of you. I had coffee ice cream and vanilla too....yummmmmmm.

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.18.27 AM.png

Happy Sunday all!

@missy Oliver’s face is beyond precious...He looks like such an angel. Haha Thank you for your generous offer to my hubby. Haha

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quickie, as I’ve got a busy day ahead, but I wanted to let you know that we’ve finally heard - all permits in order and a start date - although they haven’t actually told us when!!!!! They’re sorting out the rough plumbing and the boards, then we’ll have the pre-construction meeting so we can see where the slab will be!!!! Hooray, things are starting to move.

Have a lovely day NIRDI, the sun’s out and it’s going to be a good one here. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy Tuesday.
@missy yay for seeing Snowflake! Thank you for starting my day with pictures of ice cream. Mmm. Beaiutifiul sunset and sunrie photos. Before i forget based on my "belief" of where your beach house is located the Sun should be in partial eclipse when it rises on the morning of the 10th. If you are interested text me your zip code and I'll send you info about the eciplse from your location. I totally agree workouts help both mentally and physically! You do spend many hours a week working on both. I totally love watching thunderstorms - but only if my Curbymobile is in the garage. I hope your back is feeling better.

I am going to email it to you now. I am excited to see the partial eclipse and I am awake by 3 AM these days so if it isn't raining or cloudy I hope I can see it. Thanks for sharing my excitement re Snowflake. It really made my day despite my back pain and other frustrating issues. All I can say is thank goodness we can afford to pay for my meds so far but it is getting ridiculous. @Austina are you sure you want to come here because IMO our health care and insurance system needs a HUGE overhaul. But I digress.

I am sorry your right knee is bothering you @marcy and I hope it is much better today and I hope work isn't super boring like yesterday and I am glad you have the pleasant distraction of your lovely ruby ring.

Hello lovelies

Just a quickie, as I’ve got a busy day ahead, but I wanted to let you know that we’ve finally heard - all permits in order and a start date - although they haven’t actually told us when!!!!! They’re sorting out the rough plumbing and the boards, then we’ll have the pre-construction meeting so we can see where the slab will be!!!! Hooray, things are starting to move.

Have a lovely day NIRDI, the sun’s out and it’s going to be a good one here. :wavey:

That is wonderful @Austina! Finally things are falling into place and all your hard work is paying off and I am super excited for you!

@missy Oliver’s face is beyond precious...He looks like such an angel. Haha Thank you for your generous offer to my hubby. Haha

Hahaha anytime Joanne, anytime. I am very generous that way. ;-)

We're back in NJ - the drive went well and even though we hit some traffic for some reason the time went by quickly. Usually it goes by very slowly on these rides lol. I'm visiting my nephew, his wife, and my great-nephew this week. I haven't seen them for over a year because of covid so I'm looking forward to it. My sister (nephew's mother) and her dh will be there too so it should be quite the party.

Aww I am so happy for you to get to see your nephew and great nephew and niece in law! It really is a party to be able to finally see our loved ones and puts it all into such a different and wonderful perspective. Enjoy the time with your family and welcome back to NJ.

@canuk-gal hope your weather improves soon. We have thunderstorms all the rest of the week so far...that is what is predicted. Oh well. No cycling today. Hope you fare better and perhaps get to enjoy outdoors today.

@mrs-b good morning. How is your back today? Thinking of you.

@Slick1 hugs and more hugs and comforting thoughts and well wishes. Both Greg and I are keeping your family in our prayers. {{{Hugs}}}.

@bling_dream19 big hugs to you sweet friend. Hope your week is going smoothly.

@sarahb I feel like waxing poetically but will refrain. Life sure can be challenging but you girls always bring a smile to my face and you are the namer of this group so will always hold a special place in my heart. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
Got up at 2:45 AM for the day. Woohoo. LOL.
Making the best of it.

Another frustrating insurance issue. I am fortunate Greg is such a cool guy but I am having an internal struggle spending so much on meds. Of course I will end up spending the small fortune I need to but I am grimacing the whole way. And of course once we decide on what bone meds I need I know I better brace myself even more. But one day at a time, right?

We had a fun cycling day yesterday and it wasn't as hot as was initially predicted because the wind turned east yay. So it was a lovely day. And ice cream was enjoyed. Have I mentioned how much I wish I could share the ice cream with all of you?

Here's the best I can do for now. Sharing the ice cream that is.

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 4.50.13 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet Tuesday lovely ladies. XOXO to all of you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! Hope folks are on the mend with sore backs and such...

Had a brisk ride today--overcast and a bit windy. I was dressed properly--but needed gloves........ I think showers are in the forecast but I better water my pots regardless.

I hope work isn't too busy tomorrow--I am getting lazy!:lol: @Austina all the work you do sounds exhausting!!!

@junebug17 yes, I can't live without flowers. They provide so much joy!

Not much new, I am not looking forward to getting my second vaccine....I don't know why....I feel like a petri dish.....LOL

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug I was pleasantly surprised at how much having muscles in my legs has helped me. Wish I’d started years ago. Yes, jewelry certainly can amuse us and gives us something pretty to enjoy. Marty’s gym had an AC in it but it was barely working; the new one apparently works great. That’s nice you started to feel more at home in SC but I get the attachment to your home in NJ. I know you’ll enjoy having both of them until you eventually decide what to do are your DH retires. Have a great time catching up with your nephew and his family.

@MamaBee hoping your week is going better.

@Austina that’s great you’ll get a start date on your house soon. How exciting. I hope you enjoyed your sunny day and I’m guessing you worked hard all day.

@missy I hope you do get to see the partial eclipse. I read an article that said it would be great to see it rising from the Jersey Shore and since you always take such lovely sunrise photos I immediately thought of you. I hate to hear how pricey your meds are; it does seem a bit ridiculous how much they cost even when insurance helps. I remember the little tiny bottle of eye drops I had to use when I had that edema; it was like $375 before insurance. First time I used it I read the directions that said shake well - which I did then I opened the lid and a bunch of it sprayed out - I thought well there goes $50. Nuts! Ugh to waking up so early. I was drifting in and out of sleep from about 4 am on; I always fall asleep again right before my alarm annoys me by going off. Mmm ice cream.

@canuk-gal hopefully you have an easy day tomorrow at work. I am totally enjoying my boss being on vacation since we are slow I’m not going out of my way to keep busy right now.

Sounds like another thunderstorm is brewing outside. It’s shaking the house. I think I hear an ice cream truck going by though. Sweet. I already had 2 cookies though so I’ll skip the ice cream.

The partial eclipse is visible from Charleston to St. John to the west at Winnipeg. To check if it’s visible where you live type in your zip code here.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy thunderstorm. Yes our flowers took a beating, 2 windows flooded, we had torrential rain and small hail. loved these clouds after the main storm had moved on. And it just started again.
6A8811CA-2F19-4067-B280-528857EA3C27.jpeg AB855383-A317-4417-BA98-DE3BB11B7200.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@marcy speaking of thunderstorms we had a whammy of one yesterday late afternoon and are expecting more today and I believe tomorrow. I mean it was epic. I could do without that excitement but it sure was beautiful I have to agree. I love your photos and thank you for sharing them and also thank you for the info re the eclipse. We don't have the special glasses unfortunately and cannot get them in time but maybe I will order a pair anyway just in case for another time. Amazon loves us because we get deliveries every day from them LOL. And I skipped ice cream too yesterday. We will both have to make up for it today OK? :)

Speaking of deliveries....

@Slick1 I love the cat book thank you! And today I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I know this is a very difficult time for everyone you love and who loves you and I am sending you comforting hugs and love.

@canuk-gal glad you enjoyed cycling yesterday despite the brisk wind. It is boiling here...in the 90s and so humid. I would switch with you in a second and especially because Canada is way more reasonable re the meds I need. If I lived in Canada I could get what I needed. At least my Estradiol. Not sure about the other meds. Anyway hope work is OK for you today and not too busy or stressful and hope you have a lovely day.

@mrs-b hope you are having a good week. How is your back doing? How are your birthday plans going?

@bling_dream19 hello! Hope work is going well.

@sarahb happy Wednesday. Hope you are enjoying a good week.

@MamaBee hope all is well and proceeding according to plan...bling plans are always exciting even if a bit stressful at times.

@Austina all your hard work is paying off and I hope you are enjoying all the fruits of your labor.

Hi @junebug17 hope your transition back to this state is going smoothly and you are glad to be here and that your DHs work is going well too.

@springerspaniel hope your paper is going well and coming to a satisfactory conclusion.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the week is going smoothly for everyone.

We ran errands yesterday and I made a few impulse purchases. Look at these adorable thermoses.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 5.40.00 AM.png

And a quick photo of Sasha when we arrived back home yesterday. She was enduring the heat for her daily food and drink.
I cannot wait til these storms are over for the week but it looks like it will be a daily event through next week given the forecast I am seeing.

sashajune2021.png

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m just popping in to say that I’ll catch up properly in a day or so, I’m trying to get the driveway done before Saturday. Had to take Colin for a Covid test this morning, and been working solidly all day. It’s been really hot, and I’m exhausted.

Just wanted to share that we’ve heard they’re starting on the house this week :dance:

Big love and hugs to you all. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy sounds like we both had big thunderstorms yesterday. We ended up having 2.37 inches of rain reported at the local airport. Our flowers are pretty much trashed. I hope your storms aren’t too bad today and that you did get ice cream. Great kitty thermoses you found. Hi Sasha!

@Austina I am worn out thinking of you working on cleaning your driveway. Our garage sure needs scrubbed out but I’m holding out for the big tall guy to do it. Woo hoo for starting on your house this week.

Not much exciting going on today. I lifted when I got home from work and plan on reading tonight. So far it’s sunny so hopefully we wont’ have more rain tonight.

Take care,
Marcy

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - why did Colin have to go for a covid test?? I hope all is ok with him!

Missy - my back is not great - PT today and last Monday, trying to get it a little better before my colonoscopy and endoscopy on Friday. Gut, tho, of course, is the best it's been in ages. Right before my procedure. I swear, it's like the television repair man! Thinking of you, my friend. ox

@marcy - absolutely fine for Missy to give you my contact details. I want to build some strength, but I need to be UBER careful. But - I really do want to build some strength. I'm a weakling.

@canuk-gal - gloves?? Good lord. It's been in the 90's here for the last 5 days. Cool change tonight and cooler temps for the rest of the week. Ahhhhh! :))

Canuk-gal and @junebug17 - I love flowers! I have a few bunches inside all the time. Here's a photo of my entrance table today, one of my front walkway taken from my front door, and one of my verandah, where I was sitting this evening, just for fun.

Love to you all - and NIRDI shout out! <3

20210609_160121.jpg

20210609_194654.jpg

20210609_195114.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy it's cloudy here so I don't see the partial eclipse but I did see amazing photos on the news so there's that lol. Somehow despite the predictions yesterday there was no rain or thunder. I am not complaining. Wow to your rain totals. Hope the rest of the week is smooth weather sailing. Yay for an uneventful day at work and lifting and reading and hope today is a good day too.

@mrs-b ooh gorgeous flowers. I am sorry your back isn't good but glad you rescheduled the colonoscopy and gastroscopy for tomorrow. And very glad your GI issues are much improved. Thank you Humira. It will be a relief to get those tests over with tomorrow. Sending you lots of well wishes and healing vibes and many hugs.

@Austina you go girl. You are so efficient and love all you are accomplishing. And of course we are keeping Colin in our thoughts for his surgery. Woohoo on the house in Austin being started! Do you know the ETA for completion?

@Slick1 big hugs and continued good thoughts for you and just keeping your family in our thoughts. It's been a year since Greg's mom died and 2 years since Francesca died and it all seems like yesterday. I wish I had some words of wisdom but unfortunately you are experienced with loss and there are no words. I am here for you sweet friend just to listen or be whatever you need me to be. I know you are surrounded by loved ones and I hope that brings you comfort. {{{{Hugs}}}}}.

@sarahb good morning, finally some cooler weather. Fingers crossed the week is going well for you and is uneventful and sweet.

@Bayek IDK if you are reading but hello and hugs to you. Thinking of you.

@canuk-gal hope you are having a good week.

@bling_dream19 thinking of you and sending you lots of happy wishes.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

We got to cycle yesterday (yay) despite the heat and (48%) threat of thunderstorms but fortunately we did not get thunderstorms as predicted woohoo/ We got ice cream from D and T yesterday too. They got in one of my favorite dairy free flavors so that was a happy surprise. Coconut milk cherry. Oh so good. And Madagascar Vanilla. So of course I had to get a large. LOL.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.33.36 AM.png

icecreamjune2021days.png

Have a sweet Thursday lovely ladies. XOXOXO to all of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot! As we were cycling we saw deer yesterday which was surprising given that there are more people around and seeing deer now is not that common. I took a few pics as we cycled by. I always get a thrill seeing these gorgeous animals. Always.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.35.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.34.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.34.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.34.21 AM.png

and lastly, yesterday evening I looked outside and sweet Sasha was sleeping in our backyard. Awww she is so beautiful. I do have a soft spot for black kitties though. :love:

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.41.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.42.11 AM.png

On that note, have a purrrrrrrrfect day girls. ((((HUGS)))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mrs-b your yard is gorgeous!!!!! :kiss2: Our flowers here are still coming out.

@missy good for you cycling. Hopefully our forecast is looking up and we can get out. Cold and wet today. You and my DH would get along famously--he LOVES ice cream!!!! Eats it almost daily.

Work was busy yesterday but good. I got my second vaccine today--and should have eaten before I left b/c I felt lightheaded and had to lay down. Had some apple juice. That has never happened before--first time for everything! I hope I thanked the nice young man sitting next to me who I asked to alert the staff I felt faint....he was very concerned. We got takeout burger, fries, and onion rings on the way home and I feel better having eaten. I wore my sapphire ring and the lights in the vaccination center showed the blue and the sparkle of the diamond perfectly! I need those lights everywhere! :P2

Nothing on my agenda today but my laptop and movies.

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @canuk-gal - I work hard at my garden. I love green spaces.

I'm sorry you felt unwell after your shot. Hopefully it's now passed and you just have the normal covid shot reaction to look forward to!

Tomorrow is my colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. Blech. I've started the prep and feel vile. Will be SO glad when this is over.

Not so much a shout out as a whimper today....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FRiYAY!!!!

@mrs-b wishing you an easy colonoscopy and endoscopy and may the results be purrrrrfect.
Big hugs and bucketloads of good wishes. You are a kind and generous and good person and I wish for you all that you wish for yourself. You have been through so much and you are strong and persevere and you rock. Literally and figuratively. XOXO.

I am sharing this photo with you (again haha) of the kitties wishing you a purrrrfect colonoscopy and endoscopy today. I swear when I was texting you last night the kitties ears perked up and they all looked at me as if to say good luck @mrs-b!!!

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.08.35 AM.png

@canuk-gal yay for getting your second vaccine! And I am glad someone was there to get you the juice you needed and that you got to enjoy a yummy takeout meal afterwards. Yes I think both Greg and I would get along very well with your DH because we all enjoy ice cream practically daily though weird thing yesterday. Greg wanted a large ice cream so of course I had to get one too though I wasn't really up for a large (yes I know blasphemy). So I forced myself to eat it all (I don't like to waste food lol) and I felt a bit nauseous for a few hours there. Perhaps too mjuch of a good thing yesterday. But I recovered and went on to enjoy a delicious dinner so all is well. Big hugs to you and I hope you wake today feeling good with no side effects from the second vaccine. And that you get to cycle today.

And I did enjoy eating the ice cream yesterday. I just had too much.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.15.15 AM.png

@Slick1 I was thinking of you all day yesterday and sending love and comforting hugs your and your family's way. I hope it went as well as it could and that you are doing OK. Gentle hugs and comforting thoughts and lots of love to you.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY girlfriend. Hope you are well. XOXO.

@sarahb hope you have a terrific weekend and lots of good things happening. Hugs.

@MamaBee how is Shatzie? How's your mom and David? And how are you? Any bling updates? XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

@marcy did you get to see the eclipse? Any photos? I hope work went smoothly yesterday and you are looking forward to a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

@springerspaniel good morning, hope you have a lovely day and an even better weekend and that you are accomplishing all you hope to accomplish including your paper. XOXO.

@Austina good luck to Colin tomorrow on his procedure. I hope it goes smoothly and recovery is quick. Hugs to you.

@Polabowla thinking of you and your family and I hope you (and your kids and DH) are doing well and feeling good. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else.
We had a long ride yesterday because the weather was perfect. It was in the low 70s and dry with a sweet East wind. The temps dropped 25 degrees from the prior days. And today it is in the 60s with a strong East wind. Crazy weather. But we are going to make the most of it and cycle today too.

Hope everyone enjoys a Friday with more YAY than anything else and hugs to each and everyone of you.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b I am thinking of you today. I hope the prep doesn't mess with your system too much and that the colo and endo go smoothly.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @missy and @springerspaniel. I head off at 8am after a very rough night. They gave me Sutab as my prep, and you have to do half starting between 3 and 4pm, and half 8 hours before your prep. So that would be...1am?? I did mine earlier, but then was in the bathroom on and off till 3.30am. I don't like going into a general anesthetic on 3 hours sleep. Just makes waking up extra heavy.

And @missy - what is that ice cream on the left in your photo??? I want that immediately!! Seriously! It looks d-i-v-i-n-e!

(...followed by the ones on the right...)

:mrgreen:

Love to you all - see you on the other side of a lousy morning! ox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @missy and @springerspaniel. I head off at 8am after a very rough night. They gave me Sutab as my prep, and you have to do half starting between 3 and 4pm, and half 8 hours before your prep. So that would be...1am?? I did mine earlier, but then was in the bathroom on and off till 3.30am. I don't like going into a general anesthetic on 3 hours sleep. Just makes waking up extra heavy.

And @missy - what is that ice cream on the left in your photo??? I want that immediately!! Seriously! It looks d-i-v-i-n-e!

(...followed by the ones on the right...)

:mrgreen:

Love to you all - see you on the other side of a lousy morning! ox

Cappuccino chocolate chunk!!!!!
Good luck!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy lol here's our friend the photographer's capture of the eclipse hahaha...I told you it was very foggy/cloudy yesterday morning. :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 8.29.36 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay

Sending lots of love @mrs-b for a smooth and safe procedure today. Ugh to having such a bad night, isn’t that always the way when you have a tough day ahead. What a beautiful outlook from your door! Colin had to have a pre-admission Covid test, it’s standard protocol here before any hospital treatment.

Oh no to that awful weather ruining your plants @marcy, I can’t get over how your weather is so changeable in the blink of an eye. Great photo of the moody sky, but that hail looks like snow!

Have fun with your family @junebug17, how lovey to be able to get together again after such a long time, so much to catch up on. Woohoo to the journey going quicker this time. Yep, it’s certainly been hard work, I clocked up over 26,000 steps alone yesterday.

So glad you’ve had your 2nd jab @canuk-gal, even if you had some side effects, you’re such a flirt fainting to get the attentions of a young man ;-) :lol:

Hi @springerspaniel, I hope you and the pups are doing well.

I hope all is well with you and yours @MamaBee.

I’m so sorry you’re having a touch time @Slick1, sending good thoughts your way.

Awww Sacha looks so relaxed @missy, she’s found a safe and comfortable place there. Love the family pic of the kitties, can’t be easy getting them all together like that. How’s Birdie doing with your sister and nieces? Coconut cherry ice cream sounds delish, :lickout: We’ve been getting such hot weather here, typical, it always seems to be ridiculously hot whenever I get the pressure washer out. Glad you’re able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.

We’ve had a couple of manic days here, there was more to do than I thought. I forget how big our drive is, so not only was it boiling hot, but it was really hard work getting it all pressure washed, then sanded and sealed. We finally finished this afternoon, but practically every bone in my body is aching and I have blistered hands. Still, it’s done and I‘m never doing it again, and it looks great.

Colin’s going in at lunchtime tomorrow, and hopefully won’t be too long, then we’re going to spend the next week doing absolutely nothing :lol:

Edited to add :dance: Great news @mrs-b, glad that’s all done.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Home again and got the all-clear for 2 more years. Yay!

And I'm having that cappuccino chocolate crunch if I ever get the opportunity, @missy! It looks a-maaaaaaz-ing!!

Great news @mrs-b! I’m overdue for mine…ugh

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYay

Sending lots of love @mrs-b for a smooth and safe procedure today. Ugh to having such a bad night, isn’t that always the way when you have a tough day ahead. What a beautiful outlook from your door! Colin had to have a pre-admission Covid test, it’s standard protocol here before any hospital treatment.

Oh no to that awful weather ruining your plants @marcy, I can’t get over how your weather is so changeable in the blink of an eye. Great photo of the moody sky, but that hail looks like snow!

Have fun with your family @junebug17, how lovey to be able to get together again after such a long time, so much to catch up on. Woohoo to the journey going quicker this time. Yep, it’s certainly been hard work, I clocked up over 26,000 steps alone yesterday.

So glad you’ve had your 2nd jab @canuk-gal, even if you had some side effects, you’re such a flirt fainting to get the attentions of a young man ;-) :lol:

Hi @springerspaniel, I hope you and the pups are doing well.

I hope all is well with you and yours @MamaBee.

I’m so sorry you’re having a touch time @Slick1, sending good thoughts your way.

Awww Sacha looks so relaxed @missy, she’s found a safe and comfortable place there. Love the family pic of the kitties, can’t be easy getting them all together like that. How’s Birdie doing with your sister and nieces? Coconut cherry ice cream sounds delish, :lickout: We’ve been getting such hot weather here, typical, it always seems to be ridiculously hot whenever I get the pressure washer out. Glad you’re able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.

We’ve had a couple of manic days here, there was more to do than I thought. I forget how big our drive is, so not only was it boiling hot, but it was really hard work getting it all pressure washed, then sanded and sealed. We finally finished this afternoon, but practically every bone in my body is aching and I have blistered hands. Still, it’s done and I‘m never doing it again, and it looks great.

Colin’s going in at lunchtime tomorrow, and hopefully won’t be too long, then we’re going to spend the next week doing absolutely nothing :lol:

Edited to add :dance: Great news @mrs-b, glad that’s all done.

@Austina I hope your husband’s surgery goes well tomorrow. Hopefully you won’t have trouble driving there and back. I remember you saying something about it being at a bad time of day.

I’m happy your driveway is all done. I just had someone do my pavers, retaining walls, and walks. It was pricey..but my days of doing it myself are over. You have done so much for your house..It’s inspiring..I have been donating tons of things but it’s getting harder. I know I could sell them but I don’t want to deal with it…Fortunately, I can fill up the back of my cargo area and drive it over. Some of the items were so pricey. I’m trying not to think about the cost. The idea that someone will enjoy them makes it easier. I also know people will buy them to sell them....I’m still holding on to my depression glass…I need to donate that too but I can’t do it yet. There’s so much still here…I’m trying to keep focused.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh - I'm so stupid, @Austina, I'm sorry. I had the same pre procedure test, of course, and I *knew* Colin was having a procedure. My head's just not in the game at the moment.

I hope tomorrow goes smoothly, painlessly, and does everything he hopes it will. Could you forward him our best wishes? Hugs to you, too; even the small, straightforward hospital stays are a pain in the neck and invariably uncomfortable. This morning certainly being a case in point where I'm concerned.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina you saw through my claim!!! :P2 :lol: I think it was more a case of mortification that he should witness an old lady faint. I hope Colin is ship shape soon.

NIce sunny day today--I appreciate it even if I am still too lightheaded too cycle. I did go for a bit of a walk, but not far. I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow. I must because it it HAPPY HOUR! :mrgreen:

Glad you are all clear (no pun intended) @mrs-b . Hope you feel better soon.

@marcy hope your summer storms are gone. We live in a tempest area as well. Always something.

@missy Oliver looks King of the castle!

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home again and got the all-clear for 2 more years. Yay!

And I'm having that cappuccino chocolate crunch if I ever get the opportunity, @missy! It looks a-maaaaaaz-ing!!

Wonderful news!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results