shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls! Just a quick hello. Saw the gynecologist and she wants me to have an intravaginal pelvic US. The fun never stops around here LOL. Anyway I am going Thursday for the ultrasound. The prep is going to be challenging as it involves a lot of drinking and no peeing for a long while. Oy. Also had a telemedicine follow up with Dr Z who I saw last Monday. Anyway she is stumped. No clue why my bone markers are so high. She is going to ask one of her colleagues and if they can shed light on it she will contact me. That's my update.

@marcy Please let us know Marty's youtube channel and we will subscribe. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Thank you for all your lovely comments. I feel like each day is jam packed and it's never ending but I keep saying to myself one day at a time and doing the best we can. I know you get it. I hope your week goes well Marcy and good luck to Marty. XO.

@Austina I will be super careful. I really don't know what to do. It seems I am darned if I do and darned if I don't. And I get what you are saying. I am the same. I watch all these crime shows and well I know we are vulnerable. I appreciate you caring. XO. This gynecologist isn't doing any hormones for me but I have read about the synthetic progesterone helping bleeding. I will wait and see what the intravag US shows. She mentioned if my endometrial lining is thick she will biopsy it. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

@canuk-gal glad you enjoyed a sweet ride and your DH got to hit some balls. Nice your mom enjoys her garden. My mom is the same and spends hours gardening. Let's hope nice weather is here to stay and no more storms. Hugs.

@mrs-b I hope David continues to do very well and get strong and goes home today. So relieved for all of you! Hugs.

@Slick1 only a few more weeks left woohoo. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope your momma is doing well. XO.

@Matata your newest ring is delicious. And even sweeter that you got it from @mrs-b.

Hi everyone else. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Leaving you with a photo of my early morning jog.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.11.57 PM.png

Stay cool, it's going to be a hot week here. XOXO.

@missy I’m glad you’re getting the sonogram. I had that done. I told them that they needed to get me in quickly when I got there because I have a bladder of a gnat! I do! They couldn’t believe seeing my poor bladder on the sonogram. It was still dumping after they told me I could go. My ovaries were raisins too. They could barely find them! Haha I hope the test calms your mind that it’s okay.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I contacted Whiteflash to see if they would set Winter in a setting made by David. They would..but it looks there’s all kinds of waivers of liability. I thought if they make the setting it would be better but it doesn’t look like it. I don’t even know what I want yet other than baguettes which I put on everything. My insurance company doesn’t insure during a setting. The jeweler is supposed to insure it while they’re setting it. I’m pretty sure Whiteflash doesn’t insure it when setting it if you read their policy on the website..They make you sign a waiver that they don’t have liability if something happens to it. At this point I’m not going to reset it. I send lots of things to David..I don’t insure them anyway so I take a chance. I definitely insured Winter. I can’t take a chance at that price. What are you going to do with yours? Did you decide yet?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy those exams are never EVER fun. Have had more than my fair share of those--I am always amazed how much my bladder could hold! TMI!!! LOL

Gale force winds here today. No ride but a walk. The sunshine stops tomorrow. Rain+-snow. Tis the season.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy those exams are never EVER fun. Have had more than my fair share of those--I am always amazed how much my bladder could hold! TMI!!! LOL

Gale force winds here today. No ride but a walk. The sunshine stops tomorrow. Rain+-snow. Tis the season.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

Rain and SNOW?? Oh for the love of all things holy! I hope you get some gorgeous summer skies soon! ox

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Things are forever crazy here. My mom fell again. She has a face like she went a round with Rocky Balboa. I was on the phone with her when she fell. I always tell her not to walk with the phone but she doesn’t listen..She also hurt her hand..

3A77BC1B-D624-4E83-ADEB-D211D87533FE.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I contacted Whiteflash to see if they would set Winter in a setting made by David. They would..but it looks there’s all kinds of waivers of liability. I thought if they make the setting it would be better but it doesn’t look like it. I don’t even know what I want yet other than baguettes which I put on everything. My insurance company doesn’t insure during a setting. The jeweler is supposed to insure it while they’re setting it. I’m pretty sure Whiteflash doesn’t insure it when setting it if you read their policy on the website..They make you sign a waiver that they don’t have liability if something happens to it. At this point I’m not going to reset it. I send lots of things to David..I don’t insure them anyway so I take a chance. I definitely insured Winter. I can’t take a chance at that price. What are you going to do with yours? Did you decide yet?

Hi J :))

Yes - I'm going with a solitaire with boxed shoulders, each holding 2 diamonds. And then we're pave-ing the basket, which will be solid and shaped - not just plain arms. It will be a lot of work, I think, but it should look beautiful. We'll see.

I'm also doing a gypsy setting and a cluster - both in platinum - so I've definitely got a bunch of things on the cooker!

The sides in my 3 stone were from my cluster earrings, so they're going back in, and then I'll have my cluster earrings back - mercifully! I'll have a cluster ring to go with it, and my cluster pendant. Yay!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi J :))

Yes - I'm going with a solitaire with boxed shoulders, each holding 2 diamonds. And then we're pave-ing the basket, which will be solid and shaped - not just plain arms. It will be a lot of work, I think, but it should look beautiful. We'll see.

I'm also doing a gypsy setting and a cluster - both in platinum - so I've definitely got a bunch of things on the cooker!

The sides in my 3 stone were from my cluster earrings, so they're going back in, and then I'll have my cluster earrings back - mercifully! I'll have a cluster ring to go with it, and my cluster pendant. Yay!

:wavey: @mrs-b! It sounds like you’re going with David. You have some exciting projects coming!
I may do something later..but can’t take the stress of sending Winter through the mail and not being sure she’s safe getting set. Maybe post-Covid I’ll fly in and have him set it for me. I’ll just keep buying bling bands to dress up the setting..haha

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee -

Good lord, Joanne!! I just saw your post re your mother! I'm SO sorry! Is she ok? Elderly skin is so very fragile - the damage it takes when wounded is just profound compared to younger skin.

I'm so very sorry she's going through this - what a horrible time for her. :(

And big hugs to you - you're having such a go of it lately. <3

ETA. And - yes - sorry - definitely with DKJ. All projects.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee -

Good lord, Joanne!! I just saw your post re your mother! I'm SO sorry! Is she ok? Elderly skin is so very fragile - the damage it takes when wounded is just profound compared to younger skin.

I'm so very sorry she's going through this - what a horrible time for her. :(

And big hugs to you - you're having such a go of it lately. <3

ETA. And - yes - sorry - definitely with DKJ. All projects.

Thanks you @mrs-b She’s okay..She’s very stubborn..drives the nurses crazy like she did to me at home. She does what she wants even though it’s risky. She’s always been like this so not related to aging. The consequences are worse
now that she’s old. I took her home today to see Bailey, my dog. She misses him terribly. I was a wreck following behind her so she wouldn’t fall. She kept
taking her hands off her walker to bed down to kiss Bailey. I was picturing her toppling over again. Sigh..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@MamaBee is Winter from Whiteflash?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are forever crazy here. My mom fell again. She has a face like she went a round with Rocky Balboa. I was on the phone with her when she fell. I always tell her not to walk with the phone but she doesn’t listen..She also hurt her hand..

3A77BC1B-D624-4E83-ADEB-D211D87533FE.jpeg

I am so sorry @MamaBee. Looks painful. Mega dust to her.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry @MamaBee. Looks painful. Mega dust to her.

Thank you @marcy..Fortunately it doesn’t hurt. Her hand does hurt though. It’s swollen and black and blue. She probably reached out to break her fall. It’s amazing she didn’t break a bone again. :confused2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness, your poor Mum @MamaBee that looks just awful, thank goodness she hasn’t broken anything. It’s always something, I’m afraid it’s hard to get through to someone who doesn’t think of themselves as old and frail.

Thank heavens for all you bling babes and your projects @mrs-b :lol: I can get my thrills vicariously waiting for your to receive your goodies. I hope David is doing better and you’re not feeling so stressed.

Ugh to the awful weather @canuk-gal we’ve had our fair share of rain lately, huge puddles everywhere yesterday, but today, it’s been lovely.

I must admit the first time I saw the internal ultrasound thing @missy, it made my eyes water, and then I remembered I’d had a baby with a huge head :lol: I can‘t say it was a pleasant experience, but necessary to find the issue. Fortunately I have the bladder of a camel and was religious doing my kegel exercises, so haven’t had any issues. Hopefully tomorrow‘s US will throw light on what’s going on and show the way forward in dealing with the problem.

Hope your work week is going well @marcy and Marty’s plans are coming along.

We’ve had a busy couple of days, we went out walking yesterday and managed to miss the torrential rain storms. We also went to look at cars, I know that may seem odd, but we’ve identified a few we’re interested in and they’re available in the US too, so just wanted to narrow down our choice. We’ve done our food shopping, collected the new mirror top and glass for he bedside chests, and fortunately I did measure correctly because they’re a perfect fit. I’ve oiled our wooden front door and we’ve been sorting out our paperwork in to files ready for when we get our interview. We’ve had some very ambiguous information from our attorney, so aren’t really any the wiser.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well, sending love and hugs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee WOW you Mom took quite a tumble! I am sorry she has pain and hope she heals quickly. Falls are a big deal.

Yucky weather here --did my errands before it started sleet.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all -

@Austina, your shopping trip sounds like fun. Sounds like you've been busy and have gotten lots done. Hope you and Colin can put your feet up this weekend and relax a little.

@canuk-gal, I'm glad your mom is having fun gardening. Sorry about the lousy weather and hope it clears up soon.

@missy, good luck with your test tomorrow and I hope everything checks out ok.

@MamaBee, I'm so sorry your mother fell; it's good news that she didn't break anything. An upsetting thing for everyone and I hope her hand is better soon.

@mrs-b, thinking of David and I hope you're feeling ok.

@marcy, sounds like Marty has a great setup. Lol to him becoming a youtube star, it's possible! Dinner with my sister and bil was really nice, dh grilled chicken and we also had salmon, roasted veggies, salad, and baked potato. And ice cream for dessert, of which I ate too much of haha.

@Matata, love your ring!

Everything is good here - not much going on for the weekend. A friend of mine is stopping by on Saturday for a cup of coffee. We haven't seen each other because of the pandemic so it will be nice to get together.

Take care everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Just a quick hello because I haven't had a chance to come here and check in with everyone. It's been a busy few days. We have had a couple of riding dates and ice cream dates with Butch and between jogging (daily) and cycling and weights and life there's been little time in between. Just wanted to say hey and thank you for your good wishes. I am nervous for the ultrasound today and I am already feeling the urge to pee and I have to hold it lol. Oy.

@MamaBee OMG your poor mom. Wishing her a speedy recovery and thank goodness she's OK.

@Austina thanks. What a fun shopping trip and I am glad your ultrasound went well. Thanks for the reassurance. Glad you missed the rainstorms.

@canuk-gal noooo to snow. Hope your weather is cooperating. Thanks for the reassurance. My bladder is tiny so fingers crossed. Hope the test goes OK and nothing bad is found. I won't be finding out today though as I am sure the tech won't tell me. I hope you can cycle today.

@junebug17 thank you for your good wishes. Enjoy your friend this Saturday. It is so nice to see friends again and hug them.

@marcy hope work is going well.

@Slick1 countdown starts.

@bling_dream19 hey there, hope you are having a good week.

OK I am off. Have a wonderful morning lovely ladies. Hugs.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 6.11.27 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope everything goes well today at your ultrasound. XO

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon, lovely NIRDIs!

@junebug - dinner with your sister and BIL sounds lovely! And here's cheers to Saturday coffee with your friend. I'd give my eft kidney to be able to have my friends from Australia come visit! Australia is still in lockdown and are incredibly slow getting people vaccinated: I think their covid case count is so slow, the motivation to get the vaccine out to everyone just isn't pressing. Hoping I'll see my best girlfriend, Wendy, this Christmas - which will be the first time in 2 years (normally we see each other every 5 months).

@canuk-gal - how is your weather? Did the snow and rain come? More to the point - did it *end*?? I hope so! You're overdue for a little warm weather and some blue skies. <3

@Austina - what cars are you considering? Tim and I will probably lease an apartment in LA for me again, starting in September. I've done this before, as it allows me proximity to my god kids, and I've only got 2 more years before they fly the coop. Tim and I are talking retirement also - tho not in the immediate future - so I want to get as much time with Eleanor and Nathaniel as I can manage before we go back to Australia, which seems inevitable. Anyway, I've been looking at cars also. Here in Boston, we only have one - and it's enough, but I'll need one in Cali. Nothing flash - probably another Mazda - most likely the 323 sedan. I like a comfortable, reliable car, as small as possible so my environmental impact is low, and that's about it. We've had a few European cars over the years, but, honestly, they're wasted on us. We always talk about going upmarket...then always end up with something very middle of the road. We only keep our cars for a few years as neither of us have any interest in repairs, so we turn them over a lot. But Mazdas do the job for us, look sufficiently attractive but innocuous, and are very reliable without costing an arm and a leg to run. We always have a CX5 to cart the dogs around, and often have a second, small sedan to go with it, almost entirely for Tim to drive to the station and back to get to work. We did away with the second car at the beginning of last year when Tim started living at work...er...I mean...working from home...but will go back to 2 when we find a place for me in LA. So - what are you considering?

@bling_dream19 - how is your mom? And what did she decided about the flower earrings? It occurs to me that, if she decides she doesn't want them, they'd be a nice addition for *you*... Just saying. :mrgreen: How is work and how is Tom? Is all well in your world?

@marcy - please tell Marty that I said I feel there's a gap in the Youtube market for the next big auto star since the demise of the Click and Clack brothers! Perhaps you could segue into their shoes with the Marty and Marcy Marital Car Talk show! Listen, it could happen.... :wavey:

@missy - you're an amazing example of taking one's health by the horns and doing what needs to be done! You truly do inspire me - I mean it. I often feel as tho I just want to give up with the perpetual 'self-care' - but your posts inspire me to keep moving! On the other hand, your cycling and icecream makes a wonderful life balance. How is Greg feeling these days? Has he regained his strength after the kidney issues and, of course, the thyroid surgery? How are his energy levels? I said it above but I'll say it again - I really hope you're out the other side of your ultrasound and the results - when they come - are good. Would you mind if I asked you again the name of your generator? I lost a lock on it and now can't find it, I'm sorry. Was it...Generac? And would you mind telling me again what the model number is? Thanks AG - sorry!

@Polabowla - how are you feeling - both within yourself and physically? I hope all is well with you.

@Slick1 - how are you doing? And what is the countdown to which Missy is referring? My apologies for obviously missing something.

@springerspaniel - how is NH?? Sounds wonderful! Are you staying in a house or a hotel or a B&B? Tim and I want to get away for a few days the week after next, but I'm pulling a blank as to where to go.... Any ideas would be very appreciated!

@MamaBee - how are your stress levels? I had this mental picture of your mother bending down to pet Bailey and it just lifted the hairs on the back of my neck! I hope she's feeling better and I hope you're holding up ok!

David is getting out of hospital today - yay! This is his eighth day, so it's been, in hospital terms, a good long stay. I don't feel confident, despite all they've done. He still has slight swelling in both ankles and one foot and, while some of this can be put down to the surgery on his left leg, it doesn't explain the swollen right ankle and foot, or the fact that the draining fluid in his surgical leg has stopped, and the swelling in that foot has come up *since* then. His CRP is still very high, tho has come down a lot, and he still gets mild night time sweats. When he doesn't get ibuprofen every 8 hours, his pain shoots up and he can't sleep. I suspect next stop is a rheumatologist.

Eleanor left this morning to go back to Cali for 4 weeks, but will return mid June for 2 more months, before heading off to Berkeley. One of my dogs is heavily bonded to her and his heart is currently broken. :blackeye: He's getting a LOT of treats and cuddles, so hopefully this will cut the mustard with him - tho I doubt it. We'll see.

Hoping you are all hanging in there and well and happy.

NIRDI love to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Thinking of all of you and hoping you are doing well. I've been busy and am practicing my astronomy program tonight for my first zoom meeting tomorrow night.

Marty got our new camera today - I'm dying to play with it but he has it all hooked up at his desk. Wow does it put out nice online; we did a practice zoom meeting earlier so I'd know how to run it and share my screen, he looked like he was on TV.

I'll be back this weekend. i swear.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza... ya'll have a lot going on here :) I've been here looking and considering my life, covid and my best friend Kath, Kath is dying, she needs a new heart and she needs to get better but that probably is not going to happen. It's crazy sad, crazy for me and totally sad

Wow! Auti is 2!! we have her one day a week, and it's wonderful I must say. John is is John! My son's are good, I am planning a trip to NYC in October. We are going to Hawaii in Oct also! crazy times for sure. I am hoping to get to the city to be with Chris and Kate, Dan, Neve and Evan this October. Hopepfully!!

I apologize for bagging out - it's been a difficult situation to be here for me but I am hopefully improving, happier, and not so sad :) Covid has been a bane.

so sending love to you all.

Kate

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

@Bayek Great Kate welcome back. Hugs to you. No worries about being here or not. You remain in my thoughts always. I am so sorry about your bestie Kath. So sorry.
I completely understand about being overwhelmed with life and not wanting to share here. I get it and please know I love you no matter what and posting here is not a pre requisite. There are days I feel like hiding away from everyone and well we are here when you want us to be and no pressure ever. XOXO.

@mrs-b thank you for your concern. Hugs to you and I am keeping David in my thoughts. Glad he is home finally and may his recovery go smoothly. XOXO.

@Slick1 thank you sweet friend. 23 days left woohoo. XOXO.

@marcy glad Marty got your new camera. I hope your astronomy meeting goes well tonight.

@MamaBee thank you dear Joanne. How is your mom doing? Hugs.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY. Hugs.

@Austina hope you enjoy a sweet day. XOXO.

@canuk-gal have a wonderful weekend sweet Sharon. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else.

Yesterday's appointment went smoothly. Thanks to those who reached out to me. I won't get the results til next week but the tech was great. I did 5 miles on my treadmill yesterday after the appointment (7 years since I went on the treadmill and it went well). We then enjoyed a long cycling day and ice cream of course. It was a good day. Hope everyone enjoys a happy FriYAY!

I owe you a few photos of our ice cream.

Hope you all have a sweet day. XOXO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhh @missy! That ICE CREAM! I am so jealous!

I bought an ice cream maker a short while ago so I can do keto ice cream. I need to get on it!!

Hugs to you, dear girl - I've been thinking about you a lot lately and sending all my positive vibes.... oxo

@Bayek - I'm so sorry about Kath. Just so terribly, terribly sorry. I have no more words - just much love sent your way. <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Where are the days going?

@junebug17 have fun catching up with your friend this weekend. Who’d have thought more than a year on, we’d still be with some restrictions due to Covid?

I’m so sorry @Bayek, I’ve been thinking of you and wondering how you are. What a terribly sad situation with Kath, so difficult for all who know and love her. I’m glad you have something to look forward to in the coming months, and I’m sure you’re enjoying your weekly day with Auti. How can she already be 2?

Good luck with your astronomy presentation @marcy, I’m sure you’ll be great and have fun when you get your hands on the new camera. Hope the work week hasn’t been too difficult.

I read yesterday that one of my friend’s son was told that he’s finished with school. Because of all the disruptions here with Covid, and exams postponed, the school decided that was it, and they’re done for the school year. Our schools don’t usually break up for the summer until the 3rd week of July, so needless to say, the parents are all very surprised. Keep strong and hold on for the next few weeks @Slick1, I can’t begin to imagine how difficult this year has been for teachers.

I’m glad David is getting out of hospital @mrs-b, but can understand your concerns as it doesn’t seem he’s ‘cured’. We’re thinking of a hybrid for our next car, and had narrowed it down to a Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sorrento, Toyota Rav 4, and a Lexus. I want something bigger than I have now, because have you seen the way people drIve in Texas :-o ? I wouldn’t feel safe driving anything small with all those huge trucks people have there. I don’t think an all electric vehicle will have the range we need when visiting our friend Shirley, and I’m not driving on the I35 ever again. I’m leaning towards the Lexus and have a test drive booked for Monday. It’ll be easier for me to test one here where I’m used to driving on the right side of the road!

I’m glad the US is out of the way @missy, but I hate that you always have to wait so long for the results of these tests. I’m glad to hear you‘re running on the treadmill, I know the scenery isn’t the same, but it’s a lot safer. Woohoo to great cycling weather and ice cream. Our weather here is awful ATM, we’ve had howling gales, we went out to walk today, but as soon as I got out of the car, I was nearly blown over. I left Colin to it and came home.

We went and bought bedding plants for the pots yesterday, then managed a walk before it started raining.

I got my exercise by cleaning yesterday and cooking up meals for the freezer today.

Adam had his electric car charging point fitted yesterday and is getting very impatient for his new car to arrive :lol:

Nothing planned for the weekend AGAIN, the weather forecast is dire, so looks like we‘ll be staying in.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well, sending big hugs to you all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@mrs-b I am trying to get you the ice cream but it might not be til you are here as he doesn't ship. He only does door dash. For now. I will keep you posted. And yassss to Keto ice cream home made. I bet it will be delicious. Making ice cream can be fun. Hugs to you and keeping good thoughts for you and David.

@Austina waiting for results can be hard but I am good at compartmentalizing most of the time and it serves me well. Thanks for all your good wishes. I am glad you were able to get a walk in yesterday before the rain and also got some plants for the pots. I cannot wait for Adam to get his new electric car. We are thinking about getting an electric car in the future. Sorry your weather forecast isn't good this weekend. Ours is hot and chance of thunderstorm so we shall see.

@junebug17 enjoy your friend's visit this weekend.

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday.

@Slick1 summer is almost here. Summer weather is already here. Have a wonderful weekend.

@MamaBee the tech said my bladder was super full and like you even when I used the restroom between the abdominal US and the intravag US I still couldn't empty it all until many hours later. The tech said that was because it was still in my stomach waiting to all go into the bladder because my bladder was so full. I mean it was probably the fullest it had ever been. Not a comfortable feeling. I just hope my results are OK.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
Greg and I enjoyed a nice long ride yesterday and also met up with B again. It is nice to be able to hug people again.

One sad bit of news is one of our ferals (Snowflake) is limping (no weight on rear right leg) and we want to trap him to bring him to the vet but since we saw him Thursday afternoon when we first say he was limping we have not since seen him and that is so upsetting because I am imagining the worst. I am not strong enough to take care of the ferals because when something goes wrong I am heartbroken. No need to comment. I know we are doing all we can but it isn't enough. :(

Please keep Snowflake in your thoughts and prayers please. Here is a photo of him from better days. We used to joke he had "resting B**ch face" because well you can see why. He is such a love and please let him be OK.

snowflakeatdoor.png
I must compartmentalize or I wouldn't survive all the bad things that happen in this world. :(

And here is our ice cream treat from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 7.19.37 AM.png

Have a sweet Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not the best weather--but at least it isn't snowing. LOL. Went for a brisk walk and the paths were heaving. The sun came out for a minute and I think that is all we'll get today! I piled on my jewellery not that you could see it with my layers and gloves. But it is the effort that counts.

NIRDI shout out!!:wavey::wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Wow, I’m way behind here.

@Austina that is crazy your physio waited this long to check on a payment. I hope that gets worked out soon. Marty had a $20 co-pay check that didn’t get cashed for about 8 months; the doctor was local but his billing company was back east and they kept sending me late / overdue notices so I went in and paid them cash in person and got a receipt. The doctor and the receptionist assured me not to worry and that I didn’t need to pay but I wasn’t risking some stupid $20 bill ending up as an overdue payment on our credit report. Your shopping trip sounds fun. Your car choices sound good, the few Lexus we’ve tested has the most plush interiors. Good idea to pick out a car there; that will be an adjustment driving on the opposite side of the road. We were watching on of the World Tour (old Top Gear guys) on Prime where they had something about a Ford that was so popular other there in the 80’s; I’d never heard of it. Marty said that is not unusual for cars to be unique to a country. What a relief your new glass tops fit perfectly. Good luck with your interview whenever it gets schedule. Oh no to ambiguous information from your attorney and if you “ask” for clarification there’s another charge, eh? That’s something they let school out early. Stay safe from the bad weather this weekend.

@missy I hope you are doing better; darn those pesky problems and doctor appointments. I had to do a similar test on consuming massive amounts of water before an US and not empty any of it out of your bladder. It was not fun; I was much younger then too; I don’t know how well I’d do with it now. That is tough waiting for test results. I know you always approaching life one day at a time and that certainly helps make challenges more manageable. Big hugs to you. I love your sunrise photo; it’s gorgeous. And your ice cream looks delicious. I hope Snowflake is okay.

@springerspaniel I hope you are doing well.

@MamaBee I am with you on having the bladder of a gnat; it’s annoying at times. Did you decide anything about winter? I have my ring insured with Jeweler’s Mutual; I think they cover breakage during mounting but I’m not sure. I didn’t have to sign anything with WF when they moved my diamond to a new ring; but I bought the ring from them. I am anxious to see what you end up doing for your pretty diamond. IMO it is safe to send your diamond in to WF; I was nervous too but they have a good system to get your precious to them safely. How is your mom doing? I bet her bruise is getting to be that nasty yellow color by now.

@canuk-gal sorry you had gale force winds; our wind is coming back with a vengeance tomorrow. Darn that you had sleet too but glad it’s not snowing. It’s cool and rainy today; I had to crank on the heat again today. Nice to wear your jewelry on your walk.

@mrs-b can you describe what you mean by boxed shoulders on your solitaire; I can’t picture it right now. A solid, pave set basket sounds gorgeous. What are you having gypsy set? Fun to get a complete cluster set too. I am anxious to see all of your new goodies. I believe you asked me why I got in to lifting and I don’t think I ever answered you - Marty had been lifting for a few years and was working with clients. Every time I’d have a bad knee day he’d ask me when I was going to start lifting? I honestly was afraid to try it because my arthritic knees were / are so bad. I finally just agreed to try it to shut him up. Surprisingly I like doing it and it has helped my knees not hurt them. I hope David is doing better. Good idea to have a place in LA so you can visit the god kids. Once you get back to Australia please enjoy the views of the southern skies for me. I don’t think I could every adjust to seeing Orion upside down. My in-laws love their Mazdas; I think they are on their 3rd version of one. They are comfy and reliable. I did chuckle about your suggestion of Marty and I doing a YouTube talk show; we were be amusing - or at least be amusing ourselves. Sorry to hear Eleanor headed back to California and awe that one of your sweet pups misses her.

@junebug17 Marty’s “media” setup is pretty nice. His new camera really has a nice image on video; we had trouble getting it to focus on both of us but we finally figured out it was focusing on the arm of the big old microphone instead of me. Your dinner with your sister and BIL sounds delicious. I hope you enjoyed visiting with your friend today.

@Slick1 the countdown to last day of school is ticking down. Nice!

@Bayek I sure hate to hear Kath is not doing well. Big hugs to you and her. I can’t believe Auti is 2; that doesn’t seem possible. Your upcoming trips sounds great.

If Marty gets training videos up and running I will let you know. I might start loading programs for the astronomy club as well. Time will tell.

Our Zoom meeting last night was not to be. I set up the meeting / account on my laptop but Marty wanted to run it off his computer / monitors in his office. I air dropped him my power point and he got the few YouTube videos open I picked to show at the end. We got both of our microphones just right, lighting and image perfect and then waited and waited. 9 minutes in to the meeting and Marty says “crap you had to go start the meeting on your laptop”. Oops. I got it started but no one every joined. We were talking today about setting up a page for the astronomy club and then I could record a program every month and load it up there. I might pursue that. I sent an email out but never heard from anyone who tried to log in to the meeting. Oh well. It was fun to play with everything.

My iPad is ready to ship and the charge is pending in my account so maybe I’ll get my new iPad this week. Sweet.

Work has slowed down but still keeping me busy. Management has released their 2020 appraisals (I know pretty tacky 6 months in to the new year) so I will give those early this week. One of them won’t be received well and sadly she is getting dinged from a company quota / bell curve not because of her actual performance. I am not looking forward to that conversation.

We’ve had a lot of rain and the sky looks pretty funny right now; a yellow and green tinge to thunderstorms is usually a bad thing.

We are meeting my sister, BIL and nephew for dinner tomorrow. We want to run by Best Buy and find Marty a tripod for his camera. He stole my tripod for my solar scope and I already informed him - that is something he needs to address yesterday. He looked for another tripod like we have but they don’t make them anymore. That’s sad; it’s the only brand I trust.

I got laundry done already and did my Sunday lifting today. Marty and I ate out for breakfast and lunch so no dishes. Woo hoo! I picked up a few cupcakes last night at a dessert food truck they had in our community. They are having food trucks at our park every Friday night for the summer. I try to support them; sadly the taco truck broke down that was coming this week so we only had desserts this week. I made the best of it. Ha Ha. I got my haircut this morning and ordered groceries to pick up tomorrow morning. Where did the weekend go?

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fun never stops here. I had to call 911 for my husband this morning. He got up feeling dizzy, sweaty and nauseous. His face and lips were pale. I called 911 because I was afraid of a heart attack. They gave him a cat scan..They must have been thinking brain tumor instead of a heart attack..It was negative...He just called me. He had been going downstairs and using his new inversion table all by himself. I told him I wanted to be there with him when he did it. I had visions of him passing out and finding him upside down in the morning. Evidently he messed up something in his head and ears to give him vertigo. They gave him medicine to help with the vertigo. He’s still there. They made him eat a sandwich and drink juice to see if he could hold it down. If he does they will let him go home later....Sigh..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results