carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
For fun here is my history of wedding rings:

L to R by rows:

Original .25 ctw; center diamond was .15 carat and is invisible in this picture, right was my first AGS0 - 1/2 carat E with .33 ctw PC wedding set

Same 1/2 carat E with 3 stone ring and channel set band, F .81 GIA XXX solitaire with a different 1/2 ctw band

Same 1/2 ctw band and ring but with AGS0 G 1 carat, my 1.52 F ACA mounted on WF 3mm scattered band with the Tiffany Band

ACA on scattered band with WF .55 ctw band, new ring for ACA and with same channel set band

WedRings.jpeg

Wow I love this @marcy soo cool to see the history of your rings! And I LOVE your new one the most :kiss2: :love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout
@missy I love you. I love your rainbow unicorn leggings and yay for icecream in AP! You are looking beautiful and adorable as always!
@mrs-b I love your bedroom and you cracked me up with the updated picture! I would have done the same thing. You are going to have so much fun with your guests! Your doggy is really cute.
@MMtwo and @marcy I might have missed it but do you prefer the paperclip chain or the Tiffany style chain? I love your insight and I'm really torn on which one. I need to update that thread and get the wonderful opinions of others too. You both have stunning rings!!!
@Austina I'm really excited for you and your stud adventure!
@Polabowla I love your heart diamond ring and I'm so sorry you are dealing with what you are dealing with.
@canuk-gal I love artic char too and seabass too!
Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Wonderful Wednesday and happy St Patrick's Day!

@bling_dream19 love you too and you are always a breath of fresh air. You bring light and love wherever you are and the people who get to share that are super lucky. I hope your mom is healing well and feeling well and the biggest challenges behind her. Big hugs to you my dear friend. XOXO.

@marcy wow, just wow. I cannot believe how the snow just paralyzed everything but no I can believe it. Anyway hope snowmaggedon has come to an end and life will be back to "normal" (whatever that is) soon. Glad your power and satellite went back on after clearing the snow from the dish and that you enjoyed some good reading and cozy time at home. Big hugs.

@Austina oh I am very excited. I hope you get those old cut earrings. The CZ studs look good on you and that size is perfect. Fingers crossed for you. I hope you purchase the old cut diamond earrings and they would look amazing on you. And yasss to Bertie getting approved by doggie day care and I hope he loves it. XO.

@mrs-b thank you. We adore good art and I love that painting you have in Australia. Hope you can get it sent to you soon so you can enjoy it here. I hope one day you can join us at the antique jewelry shoppe. A few of the NIRDIs have gone with us there and it was a lovely time and then there is a wonderful restaurant a few towns over that is delicious so we can head there afterward. Something to look forward to indeed. Yay for your g-dson visiting and for having a full house of cheer. That will be a wonderful visit and nothing beats having loved ones around especially given all we have been through this past year plus. Glad Tim got his first dose and you are getting yours tomorrow....is it at the same place Tim got his or closer? Just relieved you are getting the vaccine finally. Big hugs. Oh and hahahaha yes to NFI. I am frustrated with all our doctors and just exhausted with the NFI diagnosis and process. LOL thanks for the much needed chuckle.

@MMtwo how was work yesterday? How is your son's new job going? Continued well wishes and big hugs.

@Polabowla I am thinking of you and sending good wishes your way. And big hugs.

@canuk-gal how are you and how is the perfume search going? Have you decided upon a new fragrance? Today I am wearing Smart by Andrea Maack. An edgy perfume. Jasmine, vanilla, sandalwood and musk and leather. Yummmm. Hope you are enjoying a good week and that work is calm and the weather nice. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We enjoyed a good hike yesterday at a place we hadn't been since December before Greg's surgery. It was deserted and we were the only people there. It was a treat.

gregporicypark.png

missyporicypark.png

Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies and big hugs to each and everyone of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a good morning from the beach.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 6.59.01 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww our dear friend B the pulmonologist just texted me this pic. Of our last St Patty’s Day together pre Covid 2019. Brings up happy memories and a yearning for more happy St Patty’s memories next year to resume hopefully. ❤️

01BBC3DE-FE53-4DC7-A4E4-36A24AAD145E.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning NIRDI's

My favorite food is homemade soup. I had a big batch in the crockpot yesterday before my day started. Must have had generous salt that snuck in with the soup base because I have ring muffin top this morning :) Otherwise, all is well. Heck, it is even GOOD.

A bit of ramble here: My son continues to be excited about his job. He has been speaking in monotone for years. I may have talked about him before and his autism. He has gifts and also challenges. His ability to process and understand information was tested at 99.9 percentile!. The professor that tested him in college had been testing for 30 years and said Dylan was in his top 3 people. However, his processing speed was clocked at 5th percentile. He also has profound auditory processing disorder. To see him find a place where he feels included, valued, and successful. Ladies, my heart is so happy! All I have ever hoped for is his happiness. He has been working with the Dept of Rehab since highschool - 12 years, to secure a job.

Still working to acclimate to the new job. It will take a while. This employer is highly structured, so it is a cultural change. I'll be okay and will have to curb my inner chaotic creativity, hide the fingerpaints and stay outta trouble :)

@missy good morning. What a beautiful sunrise (HUGS). I appreciate you sharing it. You were so kind to give your thoughts on the earring hunt. I love your OEC's so much. They sit flat against the ear? They look so white. I think it would be hard to choose another pair of earrings other than your studs. I am also really good at justifying the need for jewelry :)

Smart sounds like a delicious blend of perfumes. I'll have to look for it to check it out.

@Austina good morning. Thanks for telling me about your earring hunt. I agree, you have pretty hair! I love your idea of wearing cz's for a while to check out the size. I decided to copy this idea, and also order them in martini and baskets so I can decide between the settings. I ordered 6mm. Let me know when you decide which way you are going with your project. After you secure the earrings you saw online, if you wish you buy them, I would love to know where you are looking. Honestly, the hunt is easily half the fun.

I prefer mined diamonds, but not sure I can justify the cost when I can afford bigger, whiter diamonds as man-made. (I'm looping in this topic again). And then cheap Laura says...what about faux stones. If I thought that I would stay satisfied with these, I would go for it.

I'm glad to read Bertie did well on his "exam" and will have a home in doggie daycare. It's so nice to have a fun place for him and such peace of mind for his parents.

@mrs-b good morning and thank you for telling me about your martini setting issues. I had not thought about jackets, but I would eventually, probably add a set in.
I'm glad to hear you will get back to showing Cirrus this summer. I bet that is fun for you both. Good luck with your shots today and tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both. Enjoy all of your lovely young company! HUGS

@marcy if I were those deer I would be hanging in the street all the time. I mean, walking in deep snow is a struggle. Hope you have a nice warm spell soon.

@bling_dream19 Good Morning. I prefer the paper clip chain. I could also see one that is rounded like this:
screenshot.png
I think it's a good idea to get other thoughts and fun to see how other's think. Good luck with the decisions on what you want to do with the pendant. It is such a lovely peice.

@MamaBee @canuk-gal @Polabowla @Slick1 @springerspaniel and everyone not mentioned here. I hope you are doing well and your week is going well.

More tomorrow morning, on to work now.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Aww our dear friend B the pulmonologist just texted me this pic. Of our last St Patty’s Day together pre Covid 2019. Brings up happy memories and a yearning for more happy St Patty’s memories next year to resume hopefully. ❤️

01BBC3DE-FE53-4DC7-A4E4-36A24AAD145E.jpeg

Missy, how cute are you two!? Soon we'll be back out having fun once again. You look good in green!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so pleased for your son @MMtwo, autism covers such a huge spectrum so it must’ve been a relief that he tested so highly. I hope he continues to be excited by the job and does well there. I know what you mean because although I know MMD are real, my mind doesn’t quite compute! I don’t want to say too much about the OEC’s on here, because I don’t want anyone else finding them and swiping them :lol: Thank you for the hair compliment, but this is the longest I’ve ever been without a cut, normally I have it cut every 5 weeks, so it’s driving me mad ATM. I’m sure it’ll take a while to settle in to your new job but I don’t doubt you’re up to the challenge.

Your weather is unbelievable @marcy, I hope the roads are clearer and that you’re able to work from home until it’s safe to go out.

You’re going to be a busy bee @mrs-b, but sounds like great fun to have the youngster there. Thank you for the hair compliment, I’ve very glad to still have thick hair, just wish it was tidier.

I hope you’re wearing and enjoying your new beauties @bling_dream19 and that your Mum continues to do well.

I hope you‘re doing OK @Polabowla. I second what Missy says, I too have a friend who was diagnosed with MS in her 40’s, she’s doing really well on her drug regime and works as a nurse.

We’re getting nearer to the time when we can get our lives back @missy, just have to hang on a little longer. I remember when you posted that photo and the fun you had that day, seems like a lifetime away doesn’t it? I just hope you’ll finally get some resolution to all the tests and medical issues you’ve been dealing with, and then life really would be great. I’ve already decided on the price I’m willing to bid for the earrings, with everything else we have to spend money on in the not too distant future, it seems frivolous and almost selfish to even think about them, but .............. I’ll put in a commission bid, then I won’t have Colin saying, bid again! If I get them I get them, if I don’t, I don’t (although of course I really want them :lol:)

Colin’s just left to go back to the cardiologist, he was supposed to have another 24 hr monitor, but it all happened when things were getting bad again here, so he cancelled it. It’s raining, so of course, the window cleaner is due!!!!

Big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDI, I hope you’re having a good week.

:wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I haven't said anything till now, but here's the update on the Humira....

I had a telemedicine appt with the gastro this morning, and it sounds as tho, after an initial massive improvement, the effect of the Humira is dissipating and the improvement is wearing off. By wearing off, I mean I've been getting increasing pain and cramps over the last 4 days, I spent most of yesterday trying not to throw up, and I've since been stuck in the bathroom intermittently since 2.30am (the downside of not throwing up with Crohn's).

No idea how we proceed from here. I feel very lucky that I've been able to stay meds-free for so long and have had so many remissions, many of which were for a year or two, and I'm trying to accept that perhaps I'm just looking at a very bumpy road for the rest of my life. I feel grateful I've been able to hold it together for so long (well, up until the last couple of years), but the future is looking a tad...depressing. Illness that can't be treated is a bitch. And untreated Crohn's is a nightmare. So, feeling a little flat this morning.

@missy - the photo of the sunrise - is that from your house? I promise you, I'm ready to sell here and come be your neighbor! (not kidding). We're lovely neighbors; we're quiet, we keep our yard very clean and tidy, we maintain our house, we'll feed your cats if you go away, and we largely keep to ourselves. We apologize in advance for the barking dogs.

Tim has gone off today for his first jab. Hoping all goes well for him. He's having to drive to Cape Cod for it, and I'm super jealous - we were planning to all go, but 8 hours in the bathroom has put the kibosh on that.

Happy St Patricks Day to you all and big Irish hugs!

NIRDI shout out!

<3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b big (((((hugs))))). I am so sorry about the latest update re your GI issues and the Humira and I am sending bucketloads of healing dust your way. Hoping and praying the Humira will continue to work and help you and this setback is but a blip on the radar.

Good luck to Tim today and to you tomorrow re the vaccine. And please may you start feeling much better very soon.

And YASSSSS we would love you to move here and be our neighbors. That isn't our backyard view but it's a beach not far away at all. We are on the bay. Anyway when you visit we will show you all the sights. ((((HUGS)))).

Our backyard view at this moment.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.38.43 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b big (((((hugs))))). I am so sorry about the latest update re your GI issues and the Humira and I am sending bucketloads of healing dust your way. Hoping and praying the Humira will continue to work and help you and this setback is but a blip on the radar.

Good luck to Tim today and to you tomorrow re the vaccine. And please may you start feeling much better very soon.

And YASSSSS we would love you to move here and be our neighbors. That isn't our backyard view but it's a beach not far away at all. We are on the bay. Anyway when you visit we will show you all the sights. ((((HUGS)))).

Our backyard view at this moment.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 11.38.43 AM.png

I am seriously beyond jealous. But if I can't have it, then I'm glad you do, @missy. ox

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!

@MMtwo Oh I love soup also. I could eat lobster bisque, french onion, borscht, beef and barley, and chicken soup everyday! I just need someone to make it for me!!! Hang in there with the new job surroundings, you'll own it soon. And I am very happy for your son; I think his story made my day.

@missy you look toasty on your walk!! And adorable of course. And apparently I have no time to buy scents--somehow work is commandeering all my time. I think I might have to look into that problem!!!

@marcy When you talk about snowstorms, I feel that pang in my heart because of familiarity. Oddly enough, this is the one year we have had a bit of a reprieve in that horrific snow*sh**show. Yet the year is early!:lol-2:

@Austina I am glad the pooch will have new playdates. Success to you and new earrings.

@mrs-b Please be well. Can I wish and hope that for you? You have a lovely home, and I hope it provides you some respite in times of feeling unwell.

I plan to have a nice walk with a friend tomorrow on my day off. We will gab about silly things.

cheers--Sharon

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b oh no i am truly sad to hear the humira stopped working. It is so hard to have a repreive and then back to square one.
I call my disease nfc (no effing clue) lol. Every dr says something else.

I need yet more bloodwork but i will be starting injections soon. I am very very scared because my body does not do well on any medications or even vitamins. I get severe side effects & very few benefits (seems to run in my family)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I can’t find my last post because I don’t recognize my avatar.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day (aka green hair and green beer)!

@missy great pictures from your lovely walks and what stunning colors in the sunrise. You and Greg look so cute in the throw back St. Patrick’s Day picture. I put that 1000 piece puzzle back in the box. I will try something else; I read a new book instead. I’m with you on being groggy with a DST hangover. I still go to bed at the usual time sadly it doesn’t give with the clock so that alarm goes off way too early. Your back yard view is amazing!

@MMtwo glad you enjoy your new job so far. I totally think the work at home world like to talk more in meetings. I’d rather text but what can we do? How could you not be staring at your ring all the time? It’s so pretty. Ooh to 1.5 twc studs; I have 1 tcw studs in the WF’s 8 prong; I really like them. I know it’s all personal preference. I’ve heard the same thing as @missy about martini studs. I’ve never tried them though. I love homemade soup too; it is delicious. I am so happy that your son is enjoying his job; that is awesome. I can’t blame those deer for walking on the pavement that’s been paved.

@Austina love your studs. Perfect size on you too. Nice that you had a long chat with Adam. That will be great to get Bertie comfortable with the doggy day care. I think your hair looks great too! I hope you win the bid on the earrings.

@mrs-b your painting is lovely. Glad to hear you are having nice weather. We got above freezing today so Marty says all the intersections are pure ice. I’ll tell my “Snow” update below. Our roast was good and we made several lunches out of leftovers by adding toast and BBQ sauce. Sounds like you’ll have a fun and lively crew visiting. Enjoy! I hate to hear your medicine isn’t working so well for you; hoping they can find something that helps. Big hugs to you!

#bling_dream19 thank you for your comments on my assorted wedding rings. I really like that paperclip chain but I have no idea how sturdy or how well it holds up. After several disasters over the years I now pick chains that hopefully won’t break. Right now all of my chains are wheat; they don’t knot which I really like and they were one of the type of chains recommended as least likely to break.

@canuk-gal ssh I won’t tell Mother Nature what you said. We’d had a mild winter so far and I kept saying “Mother Nature is about to say - here hold my beer”. Little did I know I was right. And yes both of us are in early winter.

Marty went out yesterday and started digging out the driveway with the regular shovel - before I knew it he had about 5 people helping him. Someone used a snow blower to clear the sidewalk and the rest of them used “real” snow shovels and cleared out a one car path to the curb and in to the street. Some of the snow blowers in the block cleared out a single path in the street. I guess there are one path only to get in and out of here. I totally plan on staying home again tomorrow. Side streets are still a disaster. The city is overwhelmed. 2 blocks away are the county roads I take around town to get to work and Marty said they are totally plowed. Cars are still stuck everywhere. I know my boss is preferring we go in to work but too bad - fire me! That will make up my mind to retire. Ha!

Oh and we are expecting about 6 inches of snow again this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@marcy Roast sounds so yummy to me! But more snow - aaack
I'm happy your neighbors helped to shovel

@MMtwo your son's story makes me smile & gives me a bit of hope regarding the future for my own son who has many challenges.

@missy i love those paintings! I can't wait to see your new one.
Hopper does such striking work ; i saw some of his paintings at the Met (pre covid) & they are so stark but moving.
I hope your new medication helps you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Thursday. We might be getting some snow here...by tomorrow AM. Nothing like @marcy however. Speaking of Marcy...

@marcy how goes it? Are you getting shoveled out today? Glad you are able to WFH and hope you are enjoying being snowbound with your DH and hope you are getting some more enjoyable reading and movie watching accomplished while you are home. I am glad Marty got help from the neighbors to shovel and snow blow. Sheesh to 6 more inches. This winter keeps on giving. Stay warm and cozy and sending you hugs.

@mrs-b I find the sea to be soothing and I do enjoy being here. Though when the storms roll in I have second thoughts lol. Thank you for your kind words. I hope you are feeling better today and I am fervently wishing the medication does provide you with more relief. Keeping good thoughts.

You are a strong and beautiful woman inside and out and I know no matter what you will persevere but I do hope with all my heart you get much needed relief very soon. (((Hugs))).

Oh and we saw seals again yesterday. I was going to text video to you but they appeared so tiny in my video (phone doesn't zoom enough not like a real camera which we don't own) so it wouldn't have been worth it though I did post (the very boring video) on my IG stories. LOL I hope it didn't bore everyone there to tears. I meant well. :)

@mrs-b Good luck with dose one today!!! Which vaccine are you getting? How is Tim doing after his vaccination yesterday? Hugs.

@bling_dream19 know I am sending so many good wishes your mom's way for a very successful surgery Monday. And big hugs to you. One day at a time is sometimes the best we can do. (((Hugs))).

@Polabowla thank you so much and I hope you are feeling better emotionally and physically and I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I get how you are feeling re the meds and injections. I too experience side effects with minimal positive effects much of the time. I am hoping the injections are successful in managing your disease and also that you have no negative effects from them. It is OK to be scared and I am sending you so many good wishes and big hugs.

@MMtwo how did work go yesterday? I am so thrilled your son is doing well and enjoying his job. It really makes a huge difference in one's quality of life to have a job one enjoys and gives one a sense of purpose if you kwim. I love soup and prefer thick soup to thin soup. It is so yummy. My favorite is homemade butternut squash soup. Oh I wish I had some homemade soup now. Instead I am making do with TJ's butternut squash soup. Not as good as Greg's or my mom's but beggars cannot be choosers. Is that the saying? :lol: XOXO.

@canuk-gal yay for looking forward to a fun walk with your friend and chatting lots with her. That sounds like a great walk and hope you both enjoy it very much. And yes work needs to be less crazy busy and needs to allow you time for other pursuits...do let me know what new fragrance you try when you decide. Hugs and love across the miles dear Sharon.

@Austina good afternoon! How did Colin's appointment go yesterday? How is he feeling? I forget when the earring auction is due...I hope you get the earrings! I am excited for you. If you don't get these when you move here and we see you at some point we have to go to Adam's and see what he has. We found @Scandinavian gorgeous OEC studs at Adam's a few years ago. They are stunning. Hugs to you and enjoy a wonderful day.

Hi to everyone else. We enjoyed a lovely walk/hike yesterday and saw more seals. What a treat that was. And we saw so so many deer. All over the place. Probably because we were the only people there yesterday. I loved having the whole place to ourselves.

Sorry about the tiny seal photos. There were at least 15 seals frolicking around in the bay yesterday. It was amazing. I wish I had a real camera to capture their beauty. Here is the best I could do.

seals!.png

seal.png

and I took many deer video. Too many to choose from but I did share in my IG stories. Here is a screenshot of two deer. Their eyes are soulful and I could easily get lost in them. I just love them so much.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.00.46 AM.png

They were enjoying an afternoon snack.
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.07.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.07.18 AM.png

:kiss2:

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @mrs-b, you must be beyond devastated at the outcome of the Humira, especially when things had finally started to improve. What else is there that can be done? Surely you don’t have to live like this forever? I wish there was something I could say to help, other than if I ever see any new treatment mentioned, I’ll let you know immediately. So glad Tim got his appt for the jab, will you be able to have the vaccine? (Sorry, lots of questions).

I hope today is a good day for you @Polabowla.

Hope you had fun catching up with your friend @canuk-gal, and a welcome relief from work.

Stay put and stay safe @marcy, your photos on FB on the state of the roads are just :-o Tell your boss to go whistle!!!!

Aww the deers are so lovely @missy, such gentle kind faces. I hope you don’t get too much snow, looks pretty but oy, no thanks. Glad you got out for a good walk, especially with no one else around. We left home this morning to go for a walk, and by the time we got to the heath, it was raining, so we turned round and came home :lol: We’ll try again tomorrow.

We waited for the food delivery, then went to take Colin’s monitor back and stopped off at the shops for a couple of things we couldn’t get on line.

Our neighbour’s house sale is finally complete, and they’ll be moving at the end of the month. They’ve been good neighbours and we’ll miss them, but it helps us that their house is off the market. We’re planning on a outdoor meet up soon to catch up before they leave. Let’s hope we don’t get the neighbours from hell who’ll be an issue when we sell.

Sending big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've had some melting yesterday and a lot today so our snow has gone down.

This is looking back across our driveway and front yard - note the snowdrift to the right starting to rise up from me by the sidewalk

IMG_0999.JPG

This is that same snow drift above going up by our house - see the top of our park bench sticking out of the snow

IMG_0998.JPG

Here is the street - it's gone down quite a bit so other than the one path problem I should be able to get to work tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Polabowla I was very pleased our neighbors just showed up to help; they are a good group of people. I’ll definitely have a block star party for them this summer!

@missy I’ll send you some of my snow - can’t promise it will arrive in it’s current shape though. I did start book 2 of this series today; glad to have something to do away from the computer. So to speak since I read on my Kindle app on my iPad but you know what I mean. How fun to see seals out playing; that would be awesome and so many deer were out to see their favorite people go by.

@Austina LOL to tell my boss to go whistle; he lives about 20 miles out in the country and had to turn around and go home this morning. I am not badmouthing him on that; I wouldn’t have tried it in the first place. I plan on trying tomorrow though. That is probably a good thing not to have another house for sale when yours is on the market which will hopefully be soon.

I did work at home today. I put some lunch in the oven to warm up and went downstairs and lifted during lunch; sweet - I won’t have to do that after work.

Marty has been at his gym most of the day so it’s been quiet here at home.

My BIL saw his cardiologist today. His legs are swollen again so they are going to do a leg and ankle ultrasound again to check his circulation. They are switching blood pressure medicine and start a low dose blood thinner. They plan on trying to correct his aFib in a few with another heart shock. That sounds scary.

Take care.
Marcy

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

My BIL saw his cardiologist today. His legs are swollen again so they are going to do a leg and ankle ultrasound again to check his circulation. They are switching blood pressure medicine and start a low dose blood thinner. They plan on trying to correct his aFib in a few with another heart shock. That sounds scary.

Take care.
Marcy

@marcy - he's probably having cardioversion. Did you know Barry Manilow is the patron of the US afib foundation? He's been cardioverted so many times, he's lost count. I remember him saying one time was half an hour before he did a concert! Afib is exhausting and cardioversion, while a blessed relief when it works, must be somewhat exhausting also. They stop your heart and restart it. Not my idea of fun and I've never had to do it, luckily.

Without the cardioversion, is he permanently in afib, Marcy? It's unlikely cardioversion will hold it, and it will probably recur. Is he overweight at all? Weight loss (average 60 lbs) is HIGHLY related to reducing afib. A new, huge, study came out of Australia last year and shows definitively that weight loss not only helps prevent afib episodes, but can also reverse the category of afib a person has. For instance, permanent (afib with no periods of sinus rhythm) can become persistent (repeated episodes of afib longer than 2-3 days), persistent can become paroxysmal (afib runs for between 2 and 24 hours then stops by itself), and paroxysmal can stop altogether. But, as I said, the average weight loss to achieve these changes is 60lbs. if he's not overweight, it's a whole different ball game.

Is he on amiodorone yet? And how old is he? Amiodorone is not a drug they like to prescribe for younger patients (and by 'young' it apparently means 59 and younger).

And why is he not on blood thinners?? That's *standard* practice as afib dramatically increases blood clots and, ergo, risk of stroke. He needs to be on blood thinners RIGHT NOW.

I wish him well and a fast and comprehensive recovery.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the info @mrs-b I will copy this for my sister so I have it when she wants to talk about my BIL’s conditions. She deals with stress by denial and avoidance so I hate to bring up things until she brings them up first. They took him off blood thinners because he has a blood vessel in his nose that started bleeding all the time after they put him on blood thinners. He is starting a low dose version now. He is not obese but has a big gut which of course is right over his heart, they did already tell him to lose weight and they are working on that. I believe he is mid 70’s. My sister said one time they think he has had afib for a while but she’s never mentioned that again. Now my other sister would give her the Spanish Inquisition and get all this information from my other sister but she just doesn’t handle things well I find it’s best to let her decide when she is ready to talk. Some of the things I do know are from questions my inquisitive sister has asked. I did not know that about Barry Manilow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY! (How did Friday get here so fast?) And happy happy last day of winter woohoo. Now if only the universe is listening because we are all ready for winter to be gone and Spring to get here.

@marcy what lovely photos and I am glad the snow has stopped and let the melting continue. Good group of neighbors helping each other and sweet you got some reading in during the storm. I remember the good old days curling up with a great book and just reading the day away. It was bliss and I hope to get back to that state of mind one day not too far away in the future. I just want to be able to sit and read a book and enjoy just doing one thing at a time. Reading. Bliss. Good luck to your BIL and hoping everything goes well. XOXO.

@mrs-b I am happy for you getting the first dose and you and Tim are on your way to Covid safety. Whew. I am waiting to hear if a booster shot will be needed and I know @Austina wrote that in Europe they are thinking one will be ready by August/September. I haven't heard about here yet. Have a wonderful last day of Winter and happy FriYAY. XOXO.

@Polabowla hugs and hope the week is going smoothly. How are you feeling? Keeping good thoughts for you and gentle hugs.

@bling_dream19 3 more days and hopefully your mom's last surgery and she will be on the road to complete recovery. I know what a stressful time this is and I am sending you calming vibes and many good wishes and of course bucketloads of healing dust to your mom. (((Hugs))).

@Austina sorry you had to turn around and unable to walk the day it rained. I forgot to say when we were walking the other day out of nowhere it started raining but it was light and more like a sleet that disappeared after 15 minutes or so. Weird. We didn't really get wet as it was light and then it ended. From nowhere it came and it was sort of pretty. And then overnight wow it was sleeting or something loud. I was sleeping and woke up and went back to sleep. Crazy mother nature. Glad your neighbors sold their house and now you're next. You are on your way. It has been a long process in the middle of a pandemic but you guys are making the best of it and rocking it. Speaking of rocking it any updates re the auction of the OEC studs? Fingers crossed. Hugs.

@MMtwo how is your week going? Sending you lots of hugs.

@canuk-gal hello and good morning and hope your week has been going well. XOXO.

@Slick1 your family and you are in my thoughts and sending gentle hugs your way.

Hi to everyone else. It is the last day of winter and I am happy about that andwhile the calendar doesn't always follow Mother Nature we are on our way to (hopefully) better weather.

Yesterday rained the entire day and today is super windy. The sea is roaring and hitting our deck with quite the ferocity. It is beautiful to watch and as long as our power stays on I am good. Hahaha. We ran errands yesterday and didn't get to walk due to the weather and it looks like today will be an indoor day too. Oh well. The weather looks to be nice for the weekend though so looking forward to that indeed. Have a wonderful day and happy FriYAY this last day of winter lovely ladies. Tomorrow is the beginning of Spring. Woohoo.

Leaving you with a few photos of the kitties from yesterday. Little minxes all of them. :lol:

We got them a new tree and everyone wants the top.
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.49.09 AM.png

Or the hammock which is proving quite popular. Might have to purchase another exact same tree so there are two hammocks. Sigh.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.48.35 AM.png

Bobby and Tommy and Oliver and Gracie send all their purry love to each and everyone of you lovely girls.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.47.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.47.28 AM.png

Happy FriYAY!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy it is all the energy I have to write--that those pictures are priceless. All furballs want the new tree--when the other one (side by side) is empty? LOLOL. And another LOL

Need a relax after a heavy work week. I need a a south seas vacay and a strand of pearls to match.

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY! YAY I'm soo happy its the weekend! Nirdi shoutout!
@missy thank you for your love and prayers. Doing the same for you. Kitties look happy! I've loved your SPD pics too!
@mrs-b sending you healing prayers, I hope you are feeling better and having a great week!
@marcy and @MMtwo I think I love the paperclip chain and @mrs-b loved it too so I think let's go for it! Thanks for your feedback and advice. How are you loving your new rings? More pics anytime is welcome of everyone's beautiful jewels!
I'm just having a heyday and having soo much fun getting to look at everything and play with it all! I know each of you does that too!
Shoutouts to all! Days are still very long but one day at a time. We all have so much to be grateful for. Love and hugs to all!

Attachments

• 20210319_171852.jpg
    20210319_171852.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 44

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@Austina, that size stud looks perfect on you. I hope you get the OEC studs. And congrats to Bertie on being accepted to doggie day care! I hear you on the hair cut, I haven't had one since November and my hair is out of control.

You had asked a while back if I'm still painting - I am, although not very well LOL. I'd post something but there are a few accomplished artists on this forum and I don't want to embarrass myself!

@bling_dream19, I'm keeping your mother in my thoughts and hoping she does well with her surgery and is on her way to a full recovery. What a difficult time you have had.
Your new tennis bracelet is gorgeous, what a spectacular piece. Love your zircon pendant too, amazing color and that setting is so pretty. Very glad they are bringing you some joy.

@MMtwo, gorgeous upgrade! Beautiful diamond with great presence. Such a pretty set, looks perfect on you. You must be thrilled.
So nice that things are looking up for you...really happy your son is loving his new job, I know it brings you happiness as well. I get how huge this is. When our kids are happy, we're happy. Sending you good wishes as you start your new job - it usually takes a while to acclimate, a new job is a big change but I know you will do great.

@missy, sweet pics of the kitties, looks like they are loving their new tree. Gracie looks so cute in the hammock! Nice that you're getting out a lot and the warm weather next week should be really enjoyable.
Great to see that Greg is healing so well.

@marcy, your father's comment about you racing made me LOL. Love your Mustang, I'll bet you miss it.
Your new setting is beautiful. I love the six prongs...they really make your gorgeous diamond pop. You must be so happy to have your ring back. I enjoyed seeing the pics of all your erings.
Really glad to see the positive update on your BIL. Can't believe all the snow you got, so crazy.

@Polabowla, I'm really sorry you're dealing with so much health-wise. The seizure must have been very scary. This all must be very hard on you and I do hope that at some point you can get some answers and treatment.

@canuk-gal, hope you had a nice time with your friend on your day off. You must be looking forward to the weekend after such a busy week. A South Sea vacation sounds perfect right about now.

@mrs-b, very sorry the Humira isn't helping and that you're dealing with pain. I really hope your doctors can eventually find a way to bring you relief.
Love your bedroom, such a beautiful and restful space.
Cirrus is such a handsome dog! Have a wonderful time with your guests, sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm in South Carolina now - dh and I were able to get the J&J vaccine last week. And dd got her first dose of Moderna last week too. Feeling relieved...she's a teacher and lives in a city, I feel better knowing she'll be more protected.

Things are good here, the weather has been pretty nice. We've been spending time outdoors doing some biking and walking.

Very glad to see nirdis getting vaccinated -

Have a good weekend everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday!

@bling_dream19 SWOON!!! That necklace is drool worthy and I am swooning over here. GORGEOUS. Hugs and have a wonderful weekend my sweet friend and I am keeping good thoughts for your mom. XOXO.

@canuk-gal hahaha I know right? I knew you would appreciate that. They are hysterical but also exhausting. I was considering getting another exact cat tree so they could have more choices but knowing them they would all still vie for the same spot. :???: Big hugs and have a great weekend. And yes to a South Seas vacation with pearls. You deserve that and more.

@Austina my fingers are crossed for you. And I think your hair looks terrific. Big hugs.

@MMtwo happy weekend. XOXO.

@springerspaniel hope you had a good week and are enjoying a nice weekend. Hugs.

@junebug17 woohoo for getting J&J vaccine both you and your DH. And so relieved for you that your DD got vaccinated too. That is a relief given she is working with people in school. And yasss to enjoying beautiful SC weather. Have a lovely weekend. XOXO.

@marcy hope the clearing of the snow is happening and really hope you don't get more snow this weekend. Have a relaxing and sweet weekend and hope you enjoy some reading and fun and not too many chores. Big hugs.

@mrs-b how are you feeling today? Any side effects from the vaccine? I am keeping you in my thoughts and hoping the Humira starts working for you again and that you experience relief. Big but gentle hugs my sweet friend. Stay well and enjoy a good weekend. (((Hugs))).

@Polabowla how are you feeling today? How are you doing overall? Thinking of you and sending healing vibes and big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Yesterday was too windy as predicted so we went to an indoor mall to walk. We wore masks and stayed away from people so we were careful but it was hard to get sufficient walking indoors. Today we will do better as we are going hiking outdoors. Nicer weather this weekend so yay for that. Sending you all big hugs and good wishes.

Happy Caturday Saturday all. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 8.00.16 AM.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning NIRDI's!

I'm catching up this morning.

@mrs-b Glad you are enjoying the visitors! The picture of Cirrus in the green chair continues to catch my eye. He looks like a painting waiting to happen. I am sorry that Humira does not seem to be the answer. I'm sending a hug. I sincerely hope that they figure something out and find a way to another remission. Hope you are doing okay post vaccine.

@missy good morning lovely lady. I enjoyed the kitty pictures with the new hammock. They are adorable. I hope are were able to get out and walk on a springy day this week.. I love all squash and butternut soup sounds so good. Have you ever tried peanut soup? It's a cult food item where I live. XOXO Have a great weekend.

@marcy hello, hope you were able to get out and about a bit before the weekend snow sets in. Hope you brought home those snow shovels! Glad you had awesome neighbors that brought shovels and plows. Three feet is a heck of a blizzard. Hope the BiL is able to feel better soon. Are you enjoying your new sparkly ring?

@Polabowla hope you are doing okay. I am glad my son's story gave you a smile. It is hard to know how to parent a special needs child. You have a good bit on your plate right now. I hope you have a remission of symptoms soon and start to feel better. Sending a hug.

@junebug17 thank you! I am enjoying the ring in the sunshine. Glad to hear you and hubby were able to get the J&J last week. Also great to hear your DD is now protected. Are the flowers up yet? We have daffodils getting close here in Virginia. Looking forward to spring and sunshine.

@Austina hope your new neighbors are good people and good neighbors too.
Good luck on the auction! I would hope you would never post anything on here that would put your auction at risk. Sending dust for a winning bid! Thanks again for the idea for an earring try out with CZ's. I was able to confirm the size preference and setting type with more clarity. More on that below.

@canuk-gal I hope you can catch up on R&R this weekend. Your tropical vacation (and pearls!) sound so nice!

@bling_dream19 oh heavens that is just a perfectly balanced look with the chain and the center stone with the halo. I bet you will get so much wear out of the necklace! The blue is out of this world pretty. More bling pics below :) I am really really loving the ring. Thank you!

@MamaBee sending a hug, hope you're doing okay.

@Slick have a good weekend, hope things are going okay for you.

I made it through my first week (YAY!). I'm exhausted. Son is still doing well too. Hubby and I are going to help a friend pick out furniture today (I love shopping for furniture).

Jewelry updates: I think 6mm will work well (click for bigger version of pics). I tried a basket and a martini and I like the martini better on my ears. The basket sat facing out at a weird angle to my face. Here are bedhead pictures - just woke up and sipping coffee. I had to test sleep in the studs too. I decided on lab earrings. The 1.6ctw labs have been ordered. They should arrive by March 25th. CZ version at 6mm in picture. Martini vs basket.

20210320_072132.jpg
20210320_074359.jpg

Cees baroque golden south sea strand has made it to America and is making its way to me. Next time I will pay for express shipping. I have silk and clasp ready to knot. I think I posted before, but will post again because...well PS and pictures.
screenshot (10) (1).png

Minor bling update. I bought a cheapie cheap lab diamond eternity band in 10k at Ouros on Etsy . Up close the workmanship is not super fine, but at a normal viewing distance all is good. The diamonds are very bright and sparkly, so that's good. Playing with stacks this morning.

After this, I think I should have a bling rest for a while.

20210320_085107.jpg

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday friends! I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing weekend!
Thank you sweet @missy I knew you'd love the pendant! I'm calling her Ocean and we can both think of the beautiful ocean!
@junebug17 hi friend! Thank you for your sweet compliments.
@MMtwo I'm excited for you for your new studs they will be beautiful! I love the pics of your beautiful diamond ring and bands!
@Austina I'm excited for you too!
Nirdi shoutout love and hugs to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A bit chilly today, but I cycled anyway. Needed fresh air and exercise! Being stuck indoors all day at work does not have health benefits!! Snow is melting!!! Green grass!

We need groceries but have no desire to go out to get them. Next week. I see that my workday Monday will be VERY busy.....I am dreading it already. It will take my mind off getting the vaccine on Tuesday. lol

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my daily chuckle - I obviously need to learn how to back up better and use my cameras - yes that is my tail pipes and bumper in the snow drift

IMG_1008.JPG IMG_1004.JPG

Marty is 6'3" - this is all that snow on our drive shoveled off and it's already melted some down today

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results