carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a far more frivolous note -

My new bedside tables arrived yesterday, so all my new bedroom furniture is now here. I took some shots, but didn't bother doing the pillows and making the bed photo-ready. So please try to imagine nice neat corners and pillows that are the same size....

20210313_091348.jpg 20210313_091412.jpg 20210313_091438.jpg

Next up is new carpet (the rug is fine, but I want to do cream carpet underneath it), but, given that the furniture cost north of 6k, I'm prepared to push the carpet back a little. I need to get my kitchen and laundry painted, a new door off the back of my garage, my windows cleaned and my sofas cleaned. So that's another 5k, and the carpet would be another 2. So - 13k in total. Does my house NOT KNOW I'm trying to do jewelry projects here?? Gees louise....

On the down side (further down?), my sewer backed up yesterday and we had to call drainage guys. It was NOT pretty, but is fixed now. We have a tree root issue. I mean, this *is* New England, when all is said and done. On the up (and down!) side, my gardeners are here today, doing the pre-spring clean up. Yaaaay! (There goes another 2k, but it will look very pretty....)

On the super down side....

I'm broke.

On the up side - it's cold but BRIGHT blue today. Eleanor, Tim and I are recently back from going out for brekky (yay!), the Humira seems to be working - not 100%, but pretty well, both Tim and I have our first Covid shots scheduled (curtesy of a wonderful ex PSer), Cirrus is getting groomed today (thank goodness! - that dog is a living, breathing, walking shag carpet!), and all is well in my world.

20190526_184726.jpg

20201228_142707.jpg

20210221_170212.jpg

Also on the up side, I'm enjoying making a list of things to do to the house, this time in 2 years. I've told Tim I'm sick of dicking around with it all and just want to get it DONE. The list is as long as my arm, but exciting; lots of beautiful stone work and complicated fencing, an exercise room with floor to ceiling windows, enlarged windows in the basement, a plunge pool, a front porch, and on and on and on.

After that - I'm pretty sure - divorce. Home renovations are stressful like nothing else. My husband is a saint, but this would try even a saint's patience. We'll have to move out for a period of time - which is why I'm giving Tim a loooong lead up for this so he can get his head where it needs to be, and doing this sort of thing during Covid is, in all seriousness, just too much stress to juggle at the one time. Next year is our trip home to Australia - first one in 13 years - and that will clean out our spending money for 2022. So renos start early 2023.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy my new furniture. :))

I'm sorry this was all about me - I just got carried away nattering. Sorry NIRDIs!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b ! We have the same area rug. Ours is in our Brooklyn living room but it’s the same as your bedroom area rug. No surprise. We got ours at ABC carpet in Manhattan many years ago.
Your taste is impeccable. :)

Love all your bedroom furniture. ❤️

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday NIRDI Ladies!

@Polabowla I am so sorry to read that the diagnosis has been made for MS and that you are currently having a flare. The shower seizure would have been so terrifying. I'm glad hubby was home for you. I am so hoping they will find the right medicines for you so that you are feeling better soon. This cannot be easy for you. No need to apologize for being unable to post. I'm so glad you are posting when you can! Sending a hug.

@missy your pictures are always so wonderful. What a nice shot on the boardwalk with you and Greg. The icecream looks so delicious. I'm so glad you had a few springy days. It does the soul good! I can almost smell the salty air. You continue to be in my thoughts daily. I'm rooting for your recovery and wellness. If I can do anything to support you, do not hesitate to reach out. HUGS

@marcy I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new ring. Glad it got there okay! What lovely, delicate prongs you have, my dear. It was fun to see your ring evolution through time. The current is my favorite to date. The yellow band is so rich! I like the weight of it with your channel set diamond band. They are just perfect together and on your finger. I'm so happy for you.

That 66 mustang is a dream car. Back in the 1980's, near Detroit we would go cruising down Gratiot avenue (a fun and mildly wayward youth). One friend's dad had a 1965 mustang convertible and we cruised in it. That was just fun. Every time I see an old red mustang, it takes me right back to fun, youthful mischief. I'm not judging you too hard on that 100MPH ride...heh. Let's just say I would be a complete hypocrite. Have you ever tried backward drag racing? Asking for a friend. "He listened and his only question was did she win? Ha Ha. And yes, I did." HAHAHAHA! too funny! Love it! Glad your BiL seems to be on the mend and his kidneys are doing better!

@bling_dream19 Glad your Mom continues to do well. I am sorry for the delay in response to your question on your chain. For me, it's a visual weight issue. Of course, your mileage may vary, and there is no wrong answer here, but since you asked... Your beautiful new pendant is delicate but visually substantial. It has weight and form that (in my eyes) will be most balanced with a chain that has a width that matches the width of the bale. I could also visualize it with a 2.5 mm Rolo chain or a wheat chain. Even so, the pendant is such a diva that it will always steal the show! Hugs girl, have a great weekend.

@mrs_b good morning. I have been thinking about you and hoping you would soon feel better. What fun to have Eleanor with you. I had the impression she is school-aged, but not sure if I am remembering that correctly? Thank you for your kind words on my ring. I do still love the new bling thrill of it. I wear a 6.75. Looking forward to seeing your newly revamped enamel bracelet.

@MamaBee and @Slick1 I hope you all are doing okay post vaccine and do not feel too sick. Hugs!

@canuk-gal Happy Saturday. I hope you have a quiet weekend!

@Austina did you get to continue picking your home colors? I hope you have a great weekend!

A NIRDI should out for anyone I did not specifically mention. Hope your weekend is great.

This was my last week at my former job and I have been frantically trying to wrap up all of the bit. Then Monday begins the new job. I brought home odds and ends from my office last weekend. My home office looks like a garage sale in progress with lamps, totes, boxes, and so on. I need to get it sorted and put together for Monday's new beginning. My new job is 100% from home. Too bad that old deduction for a home office went away.

My son is enjoying the new job. He had some other possibilities pop up, through hubby for a permanent position. But son said he would not pursue them right now as he signed up for a 6-month contract and is a man of his word. We argued for a minute, then I realized he is living his life as he sees fit. I have to quit "momming" him as I have always been so protective of him as someone with disabilities. So proud of his innate loyalty. He is 29 years old, I have to do better at letting go.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of Cirrus at shows - this gives you a better idea of the nightmare that is his coat! These were taken a year ago when shows were still happening. He was only 2 years old at this time, so his coat is longer and thicker and more nightmarish now.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What a gentleman, @mrs-b !
Glad the humira is kicking in finally!
@MMtwo yay for new jobs & new beginnings- wishing u both continued success!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b ! We have the same area rug. Ours is in our Brooklyn living room but it’s the same as your bedroom area rug. No surprise. We got ours at ABC carpet in Manhattan many years ago.
Your taste is impeccable. :)

Love all your bedroom furniture. ❤️

Funny @missy @mrs-b I had the same bedroom rug! I loved the rug but I gave it to my friend because it didn’t go with the color I had in my house. It had a rusty orange in it..and I’m a pink girl..I know..haha It’s in her bedroom in Rehoboth Beach where she lives!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@missy 75 degrees--you lucky duckies! It will be another pleasant day around 13C. We will ride to the market.

I didn't fall on my bike, it just fell over twice, parked. I was cleaning it and accidently pushed it over.:roll::roll::roll:

I got a vaccine appt!. Too bad I have to cancel my shift that day, but this is important. I get mine then my DH gets his the next day.

Hope all are well and safe.

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to be a thread hog, but I'm OCD enough for those photos to be grating on my nerves like nails down a chalk board!

Here's one of the new furniture with the bed tidied! Oy - should have done this the first time!

20210313_134453.jpg

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry to be a thread hog, but I'm OCD enough for those photos to be grating on my nerves like nails down a chalk board!

Here's one of the new furniture with the bed tidied! Oy - should have done this the first time!

20210313_134453.jpg

So cozy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you for so many lovely comments for my new ring. I really appreciate it.

@canuk-gal I do have my beef noodle soup started. I am sorry your bike fell over but glad you weren’t on it.

@Polabowla I am so sorry you had a seizure in the shower; I am so glad your husband was nearby. I am so sorry you are going through this. Big hugs to you. I do miss my red mustang; we sold it after we got married since I didn’t have a place to store it and it certainly wasn’t a winter car. I live in Wyoming.

@missy come on over anytime. You might want to wait until summer so hopefully there won’t be any snow in the forecast - of course we tend to get the other more hard white stuff falling from the sky in the summer. Great picture of you and Greg; glad you have a lovely time and got some ice cream too. Hi cute Gracie.

@mrs-b your bedroom looks great! Darn those house remodels and upgrades cutting in to bling budgets. Yes home renovations can be very stressful and strain the best of couples. When we were picking out carpet for our last house the guy waiting on us was unsure of our teasing and bickering back and forth; he finally says - I get your two - sarcasm. After that he freely told us about how many marriages he sees break up over house remodeling. Oh no to the sewer backing up - did it damage anything in the basement?

@MMtwo that sounds great cruising around in a 65 mustang convertible. I looked at one when I was shopping; it had the 428 (I believe) engine. I test drove, told the salesman I loved it but I’d kill myself in it so no thanks. This mustang was all primed and ready to paint but the guy ran out of money to restore it. The engine needed completely overhauled which worked out perfectly since my dad was a mechanic. We did replace all the chrome on it since it was so beat up - we got the original parts from someplace called California Mustang. I have tried the backward racing in my younger and dumber days. Ha Ha. How exciting to be starting your new job on Monday - and to be working from home. I hope you love it. That’s great your son likes his job and I am impressed he wants to see through his commitment. You did good mom!

@MamaBee how are you doing? How is your Mom doing?

So far Snowmagedon has not really arrived. We had 10 minutes of intense big snowflakes then not much else. It looks like freezing rain right now. Forecast still claims it is coming.

We went out for breakfast today. I am working on laundry. Such excitement.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOL who gets excited over fresh fish?? I do! Found some Arctic Char (which I never see) at the market so I snapped it up!

The snow is melting outside and pools of water everywhere. I got kinda muddy....

cheers--Sharon

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal that sounds delicious how do you plan to cook it?
@marcy I guess i didn't realize how much snow Wyoming gets yikes!
I don't like snow; never did even as a child.
Give me the beach any day!
Feeling a bit better, looked at my wedding pictures today. I was so young & skinny... wistful sigh

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and Happy Sunday and Happy Daylight Savings time. Do all of you girls do DST this early? I seem to recall it might be on a different day in the UK but not sure...

@canuk-gal woohoo vaccine appointment! And yes to Arctic Char. Hugs.

@marcy thank you and we will be right over, after snowmaggedon that is lol. Stay safe and warm. Sure you don't want to come here and visit us? :) XO.

@Polabowla continued well wishes and big hugs. You are invited to our beach anytime.

@mrs-b hope you are having a lovely weekend. Beautiful redecorating. Hugs.

@MMtwo aww thank you and same here. Anything at all do not hesitate to reach out. Warm hugs to you.

@Slick1 keeping good thoughts and gentle hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 I had a huge smile on my face for long afterward sweet friend. You are the sweetest couple and so beautiful inside and out. I love love love your bling and I love you. Big hugs.

@Bayek hope all is well Great Kate. Big hugs.

@MamaBee yay for a small reaction and hope your momma is doing OK. XO.

@Austina hope the weekend is going well. When are your second doses scheduled? XO.

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I had a good walk yesterday albeit a cooler one. And it seems this coming week is quite chilly predicted weather but we will make the best of it. Leaving you with a photo or two. Thank you for enjoying the photos. I take them with you in mind. Big hugs and lots of love to all of you.

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 6.56.34 AM.png

I had just washed my hair so it was pinned back as it was air drying so it wouldn't be wind blown.
missyhartshornewoods.png

And last but not least my sweet youngest niece. LOL she's holding Cadbury but it looks like Cadbury should be holding her :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 6.58.23 AM.png

Happy Sunday girls! XOXO.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
On a far more frivolous note -

My new bedside tables arrived yesterday, so all my new bedroom furniture is now here. I took some shots, but didn't bother doing the pillows and making the bed photo-ready. So please try to imagine nice neat corners and pillows that are the same size....

20210313_091348.jpg 20210313_091412.jpg 20210313_091438.jpg

Next up is new carpet (the rug is fine, but I want to do cream carpet underneath it), but, given that the furniture cost north of 6k, I'm prepared to push the carpet back a little. I need to get my kitchen and laundry painted, a new door off the back of my garage, my windows cleaned and my sofas cleaned. So that's another 5k, and the carpet would be another 2. So - 13k in total. Does my house NOT KNOW I'm trying to do jewelry projects here?? Gees louise....

On the down side (further down?), my sewer backed up yesterday and we had to call drainage guys. It was NOT pretty, but is fixed now. We have a tree root issue. I mean, this *is* New England, when all is said and done. On the up (and down!) side, my gardeners are here today, doing the pre-spring clean up. Yaaaay! (There goes another 2k, but it will look very pretty....)

On the super down side....

I'm broke.

On the up side - it's cold but BRIGHT blue today. Eleanor, Tim and I are recently back from going out for brekky (yay!), the Humira seems to be working - not 100%, but pretty well, both Tim and I have our first Covid shots scheduled (curtesy of a wonderful ex PSer), Cirrus is getting groomed today (thank goodness! - that dog is a living, breathing, walking shag carpet!), and all is well in my world.

20190526_184726.jpg

20201228_142707.jpg

20210221_170212.jpg

Also on the up side, I'm enjoying making a list of things to do to the house, this time in 2 years. I've told Tim I'm sick of dicking around with it all and just want to get it DONE. The list is as long as my arm, but exciting; lots of beautiful stone work and complicated fencing, an exercise room with floor to ceiling windows, enlarged windows in the basement, a plunge pool, a front porch, and on and on and on.

After that - I'm pretty sure - divorce. Home renovations are stressful like nothing else. My husband is a saint, but this would try even a saint's patience. We'll have to move out for a period of time - which is why I'm giving Tim a loooong lead up for this so he can get his head where it needs to be, and doing this sort of thing during Covid is, in all seriousness, just too much stress to juggle at the one time. Next year is our trip home to Australia - first one in 13 years - and that will clean out our spending money for 2022. So renos start early 2023.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy my new furniture. :))

I'm sorry this was all about me - I just got carried away nattering. Sorry NIRDIs!

@mrs-b I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your post. The new furniture is quite beautiful. All the pictures looked great. I really like the bench under the window with it's lovely pillows. It seems like a special, welcoming spot.

So, then I fell in love with Cirrus. He has such a sweet, goofy, friendly expression. The picture of him in the chair is just classically beautiful. It would make a great painting.
His coloring and beauty is spectacular. An elegant dog.

We have new neighbors with a white and tan spotted bulldog mix I would like to kidnap. She is adorable, and they dress her in pink sweaters which is even cuter. My office looks onto our connected backyards and she runs along the property line. I may have to bring her ice cream.

What an action-packed year planned. You're making up for lost time during 2020 :). Since I saw the pictures of how you two look at year other, I don't believe you could ever get divorced. Still, ugh on renovations. They are challenging!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday lovelies

You’re right @missy, our clocks don’t go forward for another 2 weeks, it’s always the last Sunday of March. Did I spot Blue Lavender ice cream, OMG that sounds absolutely delicious? Your weather looks great despite the fierce winds and as always, the photos are glorious. What an enormous bunny with your niece, he/she’s gorgeous. No news yet on our 2nd jabs, the Dr’s website is saying they’ll start those from this week, so I think it’ll be a couple more weeks before it’s our turn as it’ll be done strictly on age like the first ones.

:kiss2: Your ring turned out beautifully @marcy, and it’s hard to choose which band looks better, they’re all equally lovely, and great to have such a selection to choose from. Good news and a huge relief for you all that your BIL is doing so much better. I’m hoping snowmageddon hasn’t arrived and you won’t be digging yourself out tomorrow.

OMG @Polabowla what a horribly frightening experience, I’m so glad you didn’t injure yourself when you fell, it must’ve really shaken you up.

Glad you got to go out and eat @canuk-gal but oy to damaging your new bike. I believe there are lots of Tech companies in Tx, hence the influx of Californians, and property is cheaper, that’s why it’s pushing the prices up.
Great news you’ve got your vax appt.

Such a noble looking boy @mrs-b, especially perched on his throne :lol: Your bedroom is looking very tranquil and cosy, and yes, home improvement is a never ending project. I did say I didn’t want to go down the new build route, but circumstances have dictated it, and it’ll be good not to have to do anything for a few years. Woohoo to managing to get your vaccination appointments, light at the end of the tunnel for all of us.

Good luck for tomorrow and the start of your new job @MMtwo, exciting and a little scary at the same time. What good news that your DS is happy with his new position, and very principled of him to stick to his contract despite the other opportunity. Adam is 38 this year, but he’s still my little boy :lol: We’ve finally got our design appointments, in 2 weeks, so we’ve made a list of what we want, so we don’t waste time looking at colour options we’re just not interested in.

I hope you’re enjoying your beautiful new bling @bling_dream19, how wonderful to have crossed your dream pieces off your list already.

Weather hasn’t been great here for the last couple of days, so we didn’t manage to get out until today. We had a massive hail storm yesterday. The satellite guy came (as I predicted) late afternoon, so we got up early for nothing :mrgreen: He’d been allocated 45 minutes for the job, but it ended up taking him 2 hours to sort it out. He was very thorough, and it now seems likely that all the issues we’ve had in the past, have all been down to the problem he found. Basically, someone had joined the cable feed from the dish, and he ended up replacing all the cable, but at least it’s fixed.

Just had a long FT talk with Adam and Kim and our Bertie fix. He’s such a good boy and doing so well.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy Cadbury is such a luv!

Went for a nice ride today--it has been warm and all the snow is melting. (17C). ince my riding stuff was already speckled with mud, I just wore the same stuff again today. LOL Like anyone cares. LOL

@Polabowla I planned to sauté the Arctic Char in butter and dry white wine--but I was out of both! Used some Lillet instead and the 1 tsp of butter clinging to the wrapper. Capers. It was good! Hope you are doing well.

Shout out to the rest of the NIRDI's. Gotta psych myself out for work tomorrow. LOL

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal glad you were so thrilled to find fresh fish! Glad to hear your snow is melting; ours is piling up.

@Polabowla how fun to look at your wedding pictures; it’s good to enjoy some wonderful memories. Yes, Wyoming has a lot of snow - basically 9 months of the year. This one was a doozy though.

@missy definitely wait a week or two before you come over - these snow drifts aren’t going away fast. I always enjoy your pictures; you and Greg go so many scenic places. Your niece is adorable and Cadbury is one big rabbit.

@MMtwo hi diamond ring twin. Are you LOVING your gorgeous new ring? You’ll definitely have to make friends with the sweet dog next door.

@Austina I am painfully aware of the differences in international daylight savings time change; I’ll be chasing down those issues for the next month at work. Thank you for the kind words about my new ring; it brightened my day today. Snowmageddon didn’t disappoint. Good idea to make a list of what your want for your house. Marty I spent over 8 hours one day going through everything and got most of it picked out. Oh no to a massive hail storm - did you have damage from that? Glad to hear your satellite dish is fixed. Mine is froze in one direction so can only watch my local network channels right now.

Our snowmageddon began last night. About 3 this morning the power started going off and on which woke Marty up; I kept me awake for about an hour but managed to go back to sleep. I made biscuits when I got up and managed to get them baked before the power went out all day until about 7 tonight. We’ve had about 30” of snow; drifts are unreal and our shovel is at Marty’s gym. We can’t open the front door at all and the driveway is drifted over. Snow continues through tomorrow.

I started a 1000 piece puzzle but found with putting just about 30 pieces together where multiple pieces work in the same place so I put that sucker away. No thank you with that kind of headache. I beat Marty at cribbage. Our fireplace kept us warm in the living room. I started a new book and rounded up a few tap lights and flash lights to replace the batteries and spread them out around the house.

Take care.
Marcy

Our porch and driveway

IMG_5157.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 10

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Omg @marcy Stay safe & warm- thank goodness for your fireplace!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@canuk-gal I know, right? He is a love. So sweet and cuddly. I am glad you got to enjoy another ride and yes to getting muddy when cycling. Always happens to us too because we cycle on dirt roads and also it's just windy so all the dirt gravitates to us as we cycle lol. Enjoy and have fun and hopefully we can cycle too soon. Big hugs to you.

@Austina I am glad the cable is fixed despite the satellite guy coming later in the day. And yes to having a nice long FT call with Adam and Kim and Bertie. Sweet. Our nice weather has ended for now but it was a good run. The winds here are incredible. The time change always leaves me a bit groggy. I wish they would leave it at DST. I prefer lighter at the end of the day. Hugs and enjoy a lovely day.

@marcy OMG snowmaggedon! You know what they say about March? In like a lion and out like a lamb. And it is proving true. Stay warm and safe and I won't complain about our huge winds here that sound as if they could blow our house away. Crazy weather all around and just hang in there...Spring will get here eventually. And may your power remain on for the rest of this storm. Hugs.

@Polabowla hope you are feeling OK and doing well and continued hugs and well wishes are being sent your way. XOXO.

@MMtwo good luck today with your new job. So exciting and I hope you enjoy it very much. Hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 hope you had a great rest of your weekend and happy Monday. Big hugs.

@mrs-b I am in love with your sweet dog. He is so handsome and royal and just a love. Good things are coming your way and they are so well deserved. Big hugs and lots of love to you.

@sarahb good morning and happy Monday. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. (((Hugs))).

Hi to everyone else. Hope a lively and lovely weekend was enjoyed by all. We decided to head to Lambertville yesterday and enjoyed a most wonderful Sunday. We got to visit with our favorite ladies at our favorite estate shoppe and then walk around town and visit with our favorite local artist Michael. We had a wonderful conversation with him and Greg wants to commission a splurge piece of art from him. He is a talented painter and reminds us of Hopper and Cardinal so we just might add another painting to our collection. We shall see.

Here are two of my favorite paintings of his. Though I love all of his work.
Hope you enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.45.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.46.13 AM.png

Have a bright and sunny day lovely ladies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I was so tempted by these earrings. Swoon. And sigh. I wish I could get them all :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.49.15 AM.png

and this peridot necklace. Pretty.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.49.29 AM.png

And as we were leaving Greg took a photo. Hopefully one of the last photos of me wearing a mask visiting them...maybe next time no mask will be necessary? I love these ladies and they have the best antique jewelry too. The owner said she is going to make people show their vaccination card to come into their shoppe when this is all over. I wholeheartedly support that. Anyway it was a lovely day. I hope you enjoyed the photos of the bling and the paintings. :)

It was super windy yesterday as well as today. I felt I like the wind could take me away any minute lol.
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 6.56.37 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@Polabowla yes the fireplace sure made a difference. I hope you are doing well. How is your mom?

@missy lovely earrings and necklace. Funny you mention the March weather saying - I always say March comes in like a lion and goes out the same. You'll have continuous nice weather sooner than we will. Enjoy it for me. Those paintings are great!

Still snowed in but haven't lost power again. The neighbors who have cleared their driveways to the street aren't going anywhere - must be at least 3 feet of snow in the street. I don't believe I've seen a single car go down our street today. I did see a snow mobile or two though. Our city has even asked for volunteers with snow mobiles to transport crews for emergency services. From what I understand it's a mess out there. Stranded vehicles, downed trees, up to 6 foot drifts, no where to pile up the snow. I have no idea when our snow removal service will show up.

Will lift for food - er I mean I will lift once I log out of work. I have a roast in the crock pot for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@marcy wow just wow. Hope you still have power and the snow has stopped. And haha you are so right...for you March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lion lol. Big warm hugs to you. Have you done any more of that 1000 piece puzzle?

@Slick1 how is everything going? Continued well wishes and gentle hugs to you and your family and lots of love.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a good week. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 how do you decide which pieces to wear each day? They are all blingtastic! Hope your week is going well and blingalicious. Big hugs.

@MMtwo how are you enjoying your new job? Hope it was a great first day. XOXO.

@Polabowla how are you doing? How is your family? Big hugs.

@mrs-b hope you are feeling well and hugs and more hugs.

@Bayek girlie hope all is well. XOXO.

@MamaBee glad it was just allergies. I won't say I told you so because I am relieved that is all it is and with how crazy the past year plus has been one never knows. Big hugs and hope your momma is doing A OK and her bed sore is healing.

@canuk-gal when are you getting (or have you already gotten) dose one of the vaccine? And your DH? Big hugs.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a good week. Sending you lots of hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Yesterday was freezing here but we managed to get a walk in and go to TJ's and Dean's market too. It went so fast but it was a good day. I prefer DST though I am still a bit groggy. That could be more from my meds than anything else though. Anyway hugs to all of you and have a terrific Tuesday. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo from our walk yesterday. It was cold but it was bright and beautiful too.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 7.04.56 AM.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Ladies,

Collective hugs and good mornings all around. I enjoyed my first day. It held meetings non-stop on Zoom. At the end of the day, I enjoyed a glass of wine. I'm an introvert at heart, so quiet time recharges.

@missy that sky is so blue. Thanks for your good wishes on the job! I would have succumbed to the dangles. How much fun to check out jewelry. I too hope the masks go away soon! am ready to see happy faces again. The paintings are beautiful. The mood in the dark sky painting reminds me of Hopper's uneasy tension. Very clean lines too.

@marcy my poor ring twin, snowed in under a yard of snow. I hope "rescue" comes soon. Spring is on the way! I sure do stare at my finger an unhealthy amount :)

@Austina thank you. The "mama bear" in me will probably never, ever go away. I just hope to temper it so that son doesn't feel suffocated. Ugh, it was calling for rain/icing last night, and darling son headed out at 6AM to cross the mountain to Charlottesville. Mom panic. UGH! I checked the 511 road cameras and traffic was zipping right along.

The rest of the gang, good morning. I will catch up properly soon. I hope everyone has a good, springy week.

Edit: Next project are studs 1.5 tcw plus. Not sure yet whether these will be lab or mined. I am curious if you all prefer a basket or a martini in larger sizes. I like martini in my .50 tcw. Do you think it's true that larger martini do things to your ears?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit: Next project are studs 1.5 tcw plus. Not sure yet whether these will be lab or mined. I am curious if you all prefer a basket or a martini in larger sizes. I like martini in my .50 tcw. Do you think it's true that larger martini do things to your ears?

I cannot speak from personal experience as I never had a martini setting but I have read that they do stretch out one's piercings and in fact one of my PS friends told me it stretched hers out. I just cannot remember who told me that. Do your .5ctw martini studs stretch your piercing out at all? I guess larger could even if the smaller studs don't. I'm sorry, I am no help whatsoever.

I would have succumbed to the dangles.

If I hadn't just spent what I spent on my OEC studs the dangles might have been mine. But my studs were costly and I just couldn't rationalize getting these dangles so close to when I bought the studs. And I am generally great at rationalizing bling and other purchases hahaha.

I enjoyed my first day. It held meetings non-stop on Zoom. At the end of the day, I enjoyed a glass of wine. I'm an introvert at heart, so quiet time recharges.

So glad you had a wonderful first day and yes to recharging at the end of the workday however you can. I am an introvert at heart too and being around lots of people for many hours does exhaust me. One good thing about the pandemic is that I haven't felt exhausted like that all year. But of course I cannot wait to go back to the way it was pre pandemic.

I am so excited about your new stud project and cannot wait to see you with your gorgeous new studs.

Big hugs to you @MMtwo and have a wonderful day at work today. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The day just got away from us yesterday, and we always know when Adam is bored because he FT’s and spends hours talking to us :lol: Not that we mind of course, but sometimes we do have things to do.

So glad the start to your new job went well @MMtwo, and I’m in the same boat. I’m thinking about getting bigger studs, and I’ve looked at MMD’s and the price point is very attractive, then I think, do I need them as opposed to just want them. I bought a pair of Swarovski Zirconia to see if I liked the bigger size, and am wearing them for a while to see. These are in a 4 prong setting. They’re 6.5mm
63C22783-02FA-4F48-AC99-F49FEF400123.jpeg

Thanks for the info re the martini settings @missy, I didn’t know that. I can see how tempting those earring would be, they’re gorgeous, but can’t hold a candle to your new OEC studs. I‘m waiting on some information from the auction company I’ve bought from before, hopefully on Monday, they’ve got a pair of old cut studs coming up for sale, so we’ll see. :shifty:The colour of the sky is amazing, I like cold but bright days, it’s really refreshing to be outside. We didn’t get out for a walk yesterday because we had to wait in for a delivery, then it started raining.

OMG @marcy, snowmageddon indeed. What a relief you didn’t lose power but it looks brutal there. Hopefully you’re able to stay in and stay safe. It was nearly 80 degs in Austin yesterday - what a contrast to where you are.

Adam took Bertie for an ‘interview’ yesterday at a doggy day care centre near them, and fortunately he behaved really well and they said they’d be happy to have him. They want to start getting him used to it for times when they want to be out all day, and ultimately stay there if they go away and we can’t have him.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week and staying safe and well.

:wavey:

Attachments

• 6047FA93-6829-4452-9B2F-ADE7D1489228.jpeg
    6047FA93-6829-4452-9B2F-ADE7D1489228.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 44

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - what a pretty 'hair profile' you have! I like that size on you! I'm very impressed by Bertie passing his day-care interview! My dogs are always a hard fail on things like that. They're not neutered and they're sporting dogs, so their idea of a good time is to run-without-ceasing - then get in your face - given that they can't insert themselves between the molecules of your body - which would be their preference were it possible, which it isn't, which is a mercy.

@MMtwo _ I just sent my martini set studs back to DKJ to be re-set. I find mine don't stretch the piercings at all, but they DO hang forwards off my ear. When I add my pearl jackets, they dangle forwards and look like they're going to fall out - which looks awful. So just be aware of that, in case you intend to add jackets at some point. Mine are 1.5ctw, just btw. And thank you for your kind comments about Cirrus. He was on his way to being a big champion when the pandemic hit, but will resume his career in June. (@missy, I don't know how you'll feel about getting out and about in June, but we'll be in NY at a show with him then, so if you care to come and see some beautiful dogs trot around a ring, I'll let you know where we'll be.) And @MMtwo, great news re your first daysin your new job!

@missy...I LOVE those paintings! I really enjoy having nice paintings in the house and recently bought a new one for our bedroom. It's in Australia at the moment, tho, so I'm kind of waiting for it to get here. Might take a while, since I haven't decided how I want to ship it yet. This painting is from the area where I grew up, and still have a home, in Australia. it will go above the bed, but needs a new frame to match the style of the others in our room.

SmokeySunsetLight.jpg

And those earrings are lovely! I'm surprised you were able to resist! How wonderful that you and Greg were able to have a day out! I'm super jealous!

@marcy - girl - seriously. What's going on with the weather there?? I'm *really* glad you have a good fireplace! And the roast in the crock pot actually sounds delightful. Has your street been cleared yet? Three feet...??!!! Goodness me! How long does it normally take for you to get out and about after a dump like that? With our short burst of warm weather last week, almost all our snow melted and things here now feel FAR more like spring. It's meant to be back up in the 50's this week, so that will take the last of it and we'll be full steam ahead for spring!

@Polabowla - how are you feeling? Where are you up to re tests and do you have a firm diagnosis as yet? I'm starting to feel as tho the 'firm diagnosis' is a bit of a rare beast: in the land of auto immune, most of us seem to get the NFI diagnosis - a well-understood acronym in this household which I'll leave for you to work out yourselves.... I'm sending you hugs, tho, and keeping an eye out for test results and news as it comes in.

@canuk-gal - your fish sounds wonderful! I was thinking today I need to buy something other than salmon! I love Chilean sea bass and swordfish but haven't bought them in a while. Will try to get out today. What is Arctic char like? And so glad you're getting out on your bike! Enjoy the nicer weather!

@MamaBee - how are you feeling? How is your blood pressure? How are your stress levels?? Thinking of you. <3

My god son, Nathaniel (Eleanor's brother), arrives for a week starting on Saturday. He called me a couple of days ago and asked if he could come over, to which I, of course, said - "Um = hello?? YES!!" To round out the party, Emma, Eleanor's best girlfriend who is at NYU majoring in music / viola / concert performance, is arriving for a few days on Thursday. So all that to say, I'll be missing for a bit while I have a full household of people in their early 20's - all of whom want to get out and bout, none of whom have cars. My next week is looking pretty obvious.

I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to spring. Tim has his first vaccine shot tomorrow at Cape Cod (a 3 hour round trip) and I have mine on Thursday. Hoping it all goes well and that everyone else here either has their first shot, their second shot or has something scheduled.

Love to you all! NIRDI shout out!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you @mrs-b but my hair is such a mess. I haven’t had it cut since 4th December, and it’s another month until the hairdressers are allowed to open again, I look like a wild woman. I have unintentionally ombré hair, the first 4” are a lot darker than the rest because the only dye I have at home is more brown than red.

Adam was worried Bertie wouldn’t get accepted, he tends to be rather exuberant around other dogs, but the day care obviously know their stuff as they first introduced him to a very calm female, and then a younger male and he was fine, they played well together. He’s booked him in for the day on Monday to start him getting used to going, he’s apparently still zonked from the experience yesterday.

I had a zoom call to look at the earrings and they’re lovely. :shifty:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you @mrs-b but my hair is such a mess. I haven’t had it cut since 4th December, and it’s another month until the hairdressers are allowed to open again, I look like a wild woman. I have unintentionally ombré hair, the first 4” are a lot darker than the rest because the only dye I have at home is more brown than red.

Well, I think it looks lovely! It doesn't look wild, I like the ombre (natural hair *is* ombre), and it looks thick and healthy.

So much of mine fell out when I had cancer and three surgeries and my auto immune went insane - your hair looks wonderful to me!

(Do not fight me on this - I'm not having it!)

<3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results