shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shout out!
@missy I love that walk in the woods shot. And I'm soo glad to hear Greg is healing well and of coarse you are the best caretaker! Icecream sounds amazing, I will take hot fudge and nuts on mine please. Would be so fun to take a walk and then have icecream. Love and hugs to you friend.
@mrs-b glad your hand is healing and so sorry that happened.
Thinking about everyone and sending love and hugs to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nirdi shout out!
@missy I love that walk in the woods shot. And I'm soo glad to hear Greg is healing well and of coarse you are the best caretaker! Icecream sounds amazing, I will take hot fudge and nuts on mine please. Would be so fun to take a walk and then have icecream. Love and hugs to you friend.
@mrs-b glad your hand is healing and so sorry that happened.
Thinking about everyone and sending love and hugs to all.

You got it girl! And it's a date! So looking forward to seeing you again during happier healthier and better times. Big hugs.

We had another walk through this evening, I really like the house, despite the fact it’s got the worst decor you’ve ever seen, and the carpets, oy, I think they’ve been used as dog toilets :sick: We’re going to have a good think about it as it’s a bit of a project, but nothing I feel we can’t handle.

All the snow has gone today and it’s definitely not as cold. Our friend John has got his appointment on Monday for his first dose of vaccine so hopefully Colin’s will come through soon.

Yay for your friend John getting his appointment Monday and hopefully you and Colin are next. Glad your temps are better now. Ours have plummeted sadly and it will feel like 11 degrees F this afternoon with 35 mph winds. So no walk for us. Sigh. I love walking but not in the bitter cold.

Wow you were intubated for your wisdom teeth removal. I never heard of such a thing. OMG that seems so severe a way to do it. I am glad that is over and you are past that. I won't lie, seeing all Greg has been through makes me hesitant to go for my evaluation since I might need my parathyroids removed (and I have a few nodules on my thyroid that were never biopsied) but I am going to wait til either I get both vaccines or after the pandemic is over. Hugs and have a good day.

@Bayek aww thank you Great Kate. Big hugs and much love to you. I feel your happiness and enthusiasm through the screen and it is much appreciated. I know all your warm hugs and good wishes are coming through loud and clear and Greg and I are sending you big hugs too. I cannot wait for your house to be completely finished and for life to be sweeter for all of us. Better days will be here soon. Please. :pray: (((HUGS))).

@Slick1 hey girl how are you? Hope you are able to get your Covid vaccine soon and that you are pleased with how school is going. You are one of the heroes in this pandemic and we so appreciate all you are doing. Now we need you to be well taken care of and be given the vaccine already. Big hugs and much love. And hope you are enjoying your gorgeous new ring. XOXO.

@mrs-b how are you feeling today? How is Tim? I am keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you are both feeling much better today. Big hugs and continued healing dust being sent your way. Thank you so much for your kind comments and continued loving wishes. Your words brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears and these days happy tears are few and far between. When the surgeon called us yesterday it took him some time to get to the heart of the matter and I was very anxious waiting to hear what he had to say. Yes I wanted to hear we are in the clear but we will take this report and hope to hear from the surgeon "you are in the clear" in a few months. One day at a time. Please let our DHs be well and healthy. And big hugs to you. I know you get it. Thank you. XOXO.

Missy, you know I just live your opal! What liquid did you give to hydrate it? I have an Opal that I have done no treatments for but heard that opals should be soaked in mineral oil. I don’t know about that... what did ou use?

Aww thank you! Well, I was told distilled water but truth be told I haven't done that for years. I give it bottled water (without added minerals) because that is what I have on hand. So far so good but please check with an opal expert because I do not want to give you bad advice. As for mineral oil I don't know but I was told make sure it is in a moist environment if you aren't wearing it for a while which is why I soak a cotton round in water and add it to a (as airtight as I can make it) ziplock bag and keep my opal in that bag in the safe.

I was a walking klutz today. My work laptop died from the battery running low so I had it plugged and moved my cup of ice water so I wouldn’t spill it - naturally where I moved it to wasn’t smart because I knocked it over on the floor. I had to move the loveseat, fold up the rug and rug pad to keep the floor from getting wet. I dropped and broke a dish, dropped my phone on the floor, missed the rack putting the barbell back when lifting definitely will have a bruise from “blocking” it with my arm. Luckily I made it to the bank and back without incident.

I feel you from one walking klutz to another. Glad you didn't injure yourself. Except for a bruise. Be careful today. And woohoo Marty got his truck back. Sweet. It's one day away from FriYAY Marcy...the weekend is almost here. Hold on tight. Oh and we are getting subfreezing temps and a storm heading our way. Can you please stop sending your weather to us hahaha. Hugs.

@MamaBee how is your mom feeling today? I hope the pain management is working and she is not in terrible pain now. It's awful how the doctors don't give appropriate pain meds. Nobody should have to suffer in awful pain with so many pain med options available. Cmon already. Your mom is too old to have to suffer with horrible pain. Praying she has relief from the pain and will be ready to be transferred to rehab for her full recovery. Hugs.
And I hope you get your ring soon.

@springerspaniel good morning and I hope your week is going well. XOXO.

@MMtwo thinking of you and hoping you and your family are having a nice week and feeling well. Hugs.

@sarahb how are you sweet friend? How has the new year been going? Sending you big hugs and much love.

Have a wonderful Thursday lovely ladies. Big hugs.
Leaving you with another photo from our hike yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 7.41.35 AM.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@MamaBee, I'm so sorry your mother broke her hip and she's in so much pain right now. I hope the doctors can manage her pain better. This must be terribly hard for you. And I hope you get your new ACA very soon. Your bangle is just beautiful and it stinks you had to send it back but you'll enjoy it a lot more when it fits better. So nice of Allie and Scott to send you flowers, I'm sure they brought you some comfort.

@Bayek, hi! I'm sorry you've been struggling. It's a shame the house turned into such a headache but try to hang in there, it will all get worked out. Exciting that progress is being made on the pool. The house looks beautiful in your pics. So sorry about Kath and all of her medical issues, she is going through so much and it must be very hard on you. I was glad to see your brother is doing well. Hope you can see Chris soon, sounds like it would help you a lot. Auti looks really cute in her Christmas dress. Congrats on getting your first dose, wonderful! Just so sorry you're dealing with depression, take care of yourself.

We're in NJ right now, will probably stay here for a while. Everyone is good, knock on wood!

@missy, so glad to see that Greg's mole biopsy was negative. And I'm glad you got encouraging news in the pathology report, what a huge relief, and I hope you get more good news in 3 months. I hope Greg is feeling better with each passing day and hopefully as his meds get adjusted and his body adjusts the fatigue and cough will lessen soon. Sending him lots of good thoughts as he recovers, he's been through a lot. Such pretty pics of your earrings, glad you are enjoying them.

@bling_dream19, wow, that setting is so pretty and perfect for your spinel. Glad you are enjoying your new do, funny how much better being pleased with your hair can make you feel.

@canuk-gal, it's great you're enjoying your new ring...you should be, it's beautiful! So glad you have a piece you can wear comfortably and enjoy while you're working, and not draw unwanted attention.

@Slick1, sounds like you are going through a lot right now with the restorative work and I'm sorry to hear it and wish for better days for you. Your new ring is gorgeous!

@MMtwo, oh my gosh, can't believe you and dh had to deal with that high smoke alarm! It's weird how they always go off at night. Hope work is going well for you.

@Powlabola, I hope you're feeling better and winter break is going ok with the kids. Taking care of kids while you're not feeling well is tough, and not having a support system makes it even harder. And then to have the worry of your husband's appointment hanging over you, it's a lot. Thinking of you, please take care.

@Daisys and Diamonds, hi there, hope you and Gary are doing ok.

@seaurchin, one great thing about downsizing is there's less cleaning to do! Good luck settling in and picking out furniture.

@Austina, I love the style of wedding ring Kim is wearing, I'm thinking it must look great with her ering. Good idea for her to live with it for a while before getting the real thing though. I enjoyed seeing the pics of your house, it is just lovely. I really hope you and Colin can get your first dose soon. I'm sorry, I'm behind so not sure, have you come to a decision on the house yet?

@marcy, ugh, so sorry about the extensive dental cleaning. It's a necessary evil I guess. I've been putting dental cleanings off and I know I'm going to pay the price. I'm glad you had a good visit overall with your sil and it does feel weird and kind of lonely when a guest leaves. It's such a shame you had to drop one of your employees even though she doesn't deserve it. Marty must be happy to have his truck back.

@mrs-b, your whiskey-tasting story made me LOL. I'm so sorry about your burn, I hope it's healing, and very sorry you and Tim were exposed to covid and could potentially have it. I really hope that's not the case and you and he are feeling better very soon.

Not much new with me, family and friends are all doing well. Dh has an appointment to get the vaccine at the end of April due to an underlying medical condition. It's a ways off but that's ok, we're just glad he has an appointment. Other than that, things are pretty much status quo with me.

I'm really sorry to read about the struggles and worries some of the nirdis are experiencing. Please take care everyone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee very sorry to hear your Mother is suffering in pain. Tylenol is simply not enough for Orthopedic pain. Of course you are worried about her. Healing vibes across the miles.

@junebug17 glad you are safe and sound. Keep well!

@missy your pictures are always lovely. Hope Greg continues to be well. And yes, the surgeon was right compliment you on your care giving and devotion!

Another cold day, but tomorrow it goes back to the warm temps we have been enjoying.

Just hanging around waiting on my phone visit with my Doctor.

NIRDI's:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee it's so pathetic that it's now impossible to get relief from pain, doctors don't want to be sued, I am pretty sure doctors get rated on how LITTLE opioids they prescribe, seriously is your mom going to end up on heroin? NO.. but she deserves more than tramadol, which I hate and makes me sick to my stomach, and tylenol, THEY the doctors, know it's not helpful in pain but is helpful for fever, it's disgusting.. I so hope your mom get's some relief, it's terrible that a person in real pain has to beg for a pill to help them manage pain.. I'm so so sorry, and hope your mom is doing better and that they can find a percocet or hydrocodone for her.. just smh.. Things are a bit slow on your upgrades but girl it is worth it! looking forward to seeing the shorted bangle soon.

@marcy my mom always said it never rains but it pours! and that was your day yesterday, we've all had them and I hope today is going way better. My son Chris makes me look like a spendthrift, he will get a good deal because that is what he does, but my older son, ha! he and Cara never care about prices really and don't shop around much.. 2 sons, 4 years apart - one like me (mike) and one like John (chris).. altho Mike looks like John and Chris looks like my sister - even he recognized that, he said the first time he saw a pix of Gen he thought he was looking at himself.. I noticed as soon as he came home with me, it was like an infant Gen! it's nice actually.. againn hope your day went better today.

@missy good afternoon! it's amazing how different medicine can be from country to country... I never heard of anyone intubated either re: wisdom teeth, but my son's were both looney afterwards, all buzzed up, Chris asked for his guitar and I had to laugh, he didn't have a guitar, never asked for one.. Mike just dozed.. Yes sweetie, better days are ahead.. they have to be, I mean really this house was just a hellish nightmare - especially because of covid and getting help, but I don't have covid, I eat, I have a wonderful life, I'm just a baby :) and spoiled. I never knew that opals required being in water etc.. they are so beautiful!! love yours.. Hope Greg is feeling better Missy, you take care and please get in touch if you need me.. love you.

@junebug17 Hi June, so nice to see you! Thank you so much for your kind words June, I do feel sorry for myself and I shouldn't, I have much... so much.. I DO miss Chris, that is hard going on 14 months since I've seen him :( but we do DUO on our android phones... miss him that's all.. house? meh, it's stressful to build, and never again! you probably are looking forward to spring! flowers, green grass, the great parts of living in the GREAT NE. Very glad to read your husband will get his first shot in April, the more people get it, the better we all are... hugs and love to you June.

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon, hope the call went well!

Hello everyone and sending hugs and love to you all..

kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@bling_dream19 ice cream does sound good so I had some cherry chocolate chunk ice cream tonight.

@lambskin you can seal opals in a baggie with a wet cloth or piece of cotton to help keep them moist. I no longer have any opals but that is what the jeweler told me to do when I bought a ring. It seemed to work well.

@missy I don’t mind sending our weather you way - sadly it keeps coming back. Lovely picture from your walk yesterday. I hope Greg was feeling better today - and you too sweet Missy.

@junebug17 glad to hear things are going well with you and your family. Have you been doing any painting this winter?

@canuk-gal nice you are going to have warmer weather; we are going to get up near 50 degrees (F) here tomorrow. I’ll get out shorts and flip flops. Ha Ha.

@Bayek thank you - so far I’ve had a klutz free day. That is interesting how different Mike and Chris are and even more so Mike looks like John and Chris looks like your sister (and big hugs because I know you miss her). I don’t tend to shop around either but Marty likes to dicker for a deal. Did you get cookies made and delivered to Auti?

Had another busy day at work and will be going in to the office again tomorrow. Marty grilled steaks for lunch today since it was sunny and only breezy for a change. I need to get an indoor grill - any recommendations?

My water pick arrived but I haven’t filled it and charged it yet. To be honest I’ll have to take down my Snoopy night light which I don’t want to do. I can hang it upside down but that looks goofy. It’s so dark in our bedroom and bathroom if I don’t have a little night light I can’t see where I’m going (and remember I’m a klutz). Marty did put a dimmer on the bathroom lights that I can turn on but I hate to turn on lights if I get up in the middle of the night because once I see light I can’t go back to sleep. Oh well. I’ll get it figured out this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy FriYAY!

@missy good afternoon! it's amazing how different medicine can be from country to country... I never heard of anyone intubated either re: wisdom teeth, but my son's were both looney afterwards, all buzzed up, Chris asked for his guitar and I had to laugh, he didn't have a guitar, never asked for one.. Mike just dozed.. Yes sweetie, better days are ahead.. they have to be, I mean really this house was just a hellish nightmare - especially because of covid and getting help, but I don't have covid, I eat, I have a wonderful life, I'm just a baby :) and spoiled. I never knew that opals required being in water etc.. they are so beautiful!! love yours.. Hope Greg is feeling better Missy, you take care and please get in touch if you need me.. love you.

Dear Kate, good morning! Greg is doing well thank you for caring. He is strong and very unlike most men in when he is ill. He rarely complains and that is why immediately after surgery for those first few days I was worried sick as he was feeling so bad. But thankfully he seems to be on the mend. As I type this to you the winds are ferocious and howling outside and have been like this for the past day or two and the weekend is predicted even colder. I am very concerned about the ferals outside and there is nothing I can do. Isn't it amazing how much room we have in our heads for worry? I am so glad you are doing well and feeling good and on the way to sweeter things. We are all going to be good. I know it. Big hugs to you and your sweet children and granddaughter and DH and nieces and nephews and everyone you love. How is your bestie doing? I hope she is recovering and doing better each day. XOXO.

Had another busy day at work and will be going in to the office again tomorrow. Marty grilled steaks for lunch today since it was sunny and only breezy for a change. I need to get an indoor grill - any recommendations?

My water pick arrived but I haven’t filled it and charged it yet. To be honest I’ll have to take down my Snoopy night light which I don’t want to do. I can hang it upside down but that looks goofy. It’s so dark in our bedroom and bathroom if I don’t have a little night light I can’t see where I’m going (and remember I’m a klutz). Marty did put a dimmer on the bathroom lights that I can turn on but I hate to turn on lights if I get up in the middle of the night because once I see light I can’t go back to sleep. Oh well. I’ll get it figured out this weekend.

@marcy nice you got a water pik and that is sure to help you. I have a night light in the bathroom too haha. Not a Snoopy one but that is awesome and now I want a Snoopy light too. Thanks for your continued well wishes and hugs. Hope today at the office goes smoothly. Indoor grill rec? I will ask Greg.

@missy your pictures are always lovely. Hope Greg continues to be well. And yes, the surgeon was right compliment you on your care giving and devotion!

Another cold day, but tomorrow it goes back to the warm temps we have been enjoying.

Just hanging around waiting on my phone visit with my Doctor.

Sharon, how did the telemedicine call you? That is one big advantage since the pandemic...if we could do all our medical visits via the internet I would haha. Anyway hoping your doctor visit went well and all is going smoothly as planned. Cold is an understatement here. I thought yesterday was cold. Well today is 4 degrees wind chill here. My poor ferals. I am so concerned about them :(
Anyway big hugs and much love and thank you for your lovely words. And glad you are getting warmer temps today. Can we come and visit now lol. XOXO.

Not much new with me, family and friends are all doing well. Dh has an appointment to get the vaccine at the end of April due to an underlying medical condition. It's a ways off but that's ok, we're just glad he has an appointment. Other than that, things are pretty much status quo with me.

@junebug17 glad things are going smoothly by you and woohoo for your DH getting an appointment for the vaccine. Thank you for your good wishes for Greg. Stay safe and be well. XO.

@Slick1 stay warm, it's crazy cold out there. Big warm hugs going to you right now.

@bling_dream19 hope work is calm and not stressful and you are enjoying family quality time and all is going well by you. Big hugs and love being sent your way.

@sarahb I hope you are staying warm and comfy cozy and everything is going well. Big hugs.

@MamaBee how's your momma doing today? Bad cop good cop. hahaha.
:lol:
XOXO.

@lambskin glad Marcy seconded my suggestion. Hope you are having an opalicious day.

@mrs-b you are such a dear. How are you and Tim doing? I want to text you but it is early here and I do not want to wake you but you have been on my mind. My hours are crazy. I go to bed so early and am up super early. I don't keep "normal" hours and am on an entirely different time schedule than everyone here I think. Well not the Europeans. I am on their schedule haha. Which brings me to Austina. But first I am sending you big hugs and continued well wishes. Please tell me how you and Tim are feeling...sending continued bucketloads of healing vibes your way.

@Austina how are Adam and Kim? Any update re Colin and you and the vaccine? Hoping you get it today or at least next week. Fingers crossed. Hugs.

@seaurchin just wanted to say hello and good morning and hope all is well by you. Hugs to you.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

We went to Costco yesterday and it was quiet there again. So strange. And they had Lysol spray woohoo score. Haha. Maybe this is a good sign? Anyway the cold weather is even colder today and into the weekend with a snow storm predicted on Monday into Tuesday. I am ready for winter to leave. The winds are very scary and I am just hoping everything remains working if you kwim. When the actual temps are single digits you know we need electricity and heat.

Last night the moon was so cool. I tried getting a photo from the couch haha talk about lazy.

moonjanuary2021.png

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. Be well and big hugs from me to you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

No news yet @missy, our Dr’s website is saying you’ll get a text for your appt 2 days in advance. My friend did say she’d spoken to a few of her old ladies (she’s a hairdresser) and they all said they went with their husbands, who asked if they could get vaccinated at the same time, and were told yes. So I know my friend will go with John on Monday, and when Colin get’s his, I’ll go too, just on the off chance they have any no shows and don’t want to waste the vaccine. I’m not trying to jump the queue, but if they have extra left, I’ll gladly take it. I’m so pleased to hear that Greg is continuing to do well, he’s been through so much recently. The reason I was intubated is that I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed. I had one upper erupted, but the lower that side was impacted and causing me pain, so they wanted to remove the upper at the same time as it would be useless, and on the other side, both teeth were still in the jaw, so they suggested removing them to save from having another general anaesthetic if they started to erupt, as I didn’t have room for them anyway. This all happened when Colin was in Angola on business, so his company arranged for one of their chauffeurs to collect me after and take me home. They told me I’d had a call from Angola, and I told them my husband was a mercenary :lol: I had my teeth out the day after the Challenger disaster, I remember it so vividly.

Sorry your weather is so nasty, ours has actually improved, and although it’s wet, it’s definitely much warmer here than lately. We’re also pushing back any medical appts until at least we’ve had our first dose. I’m going to push back my Mammo again which is in a couple of weeks.

@MamaBee I really hope that your Mum has been given the appropriate pain meds now, the poor thing shouldn’t have to suffer. I only know when our cat broke his pelvis, he had to be confined for 6 weeks so it could set, so I’m assuming the rehab is going to be several weeks at the very least. Hopefully she’s now comfortably settled at the rehab centre.

So glad things are ok with you @junebug17 and that your DH can get his vaccination soon. Thank you for your kind words about the house, I’ll update about the other house situation lower down.

Oops @marcy, one thing generally leads to another when accidents happen. I really rated the George Forman grills, especially the later ones that had the removable plates, mine gave up the ghost recently, but there‘s no point in replacing any electrical items, so I’m without it, but I do miss it. I think the Ninja ones looks good and it’s something I may purchase when we move.

How‘re things going with the pool @Bayek. Honestly, we’ve only just started looking at houses and I’m already losing the will to live with what’s going on in the housing market there. It’s so different to here, it’s frustrating and annoying.

I hope you and Tim are feeling better @mrs-b, and you’re hand is healing up.

Well, update on the house, Colin felt the garden was way too big for us, but things were taken out of our hands because they already had 2 offers yesterday and were expecting 2 more. Despite the state it was in, our realtor thought it would sell above asking. We don’t mind doing work, but not to overpaying in the first place.

We’re now looking in to buying a new house, either that’s currently under construction, or about to start. At least that way, once we sign with the builder, that’s the price, none of this offer asking, and then be asked for considerably more. There are some nice places being built near Adam, we’d actually visited the site when we were there, so know the area, the house style and size we like, it’ll just depend if there’s a plot big enough for a pool, or it’s a no go. The downside will be it’s about 12-15 minutes from Adam, which isn’t a problem for me, but Colin and Adam both want us to live where he lives. It’s a lot closer than the 14 hours and 5000 miles away we are now!!!! The property market is just absolutely crazy there, houses are under offer literally within hours of coming on to the market, and going for way above asking.

The tiler came yesterday to seal the new tiles, and came back this morning to grout them, so it’s all finished and looking good as new.

Big love and hugs to all, stay safe and well :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No news yet @missy, our Dr’s website is saying you’ll get a text for your appt 2 days in advance. My friend did say she’d spoken to a few of her old ladies (she’s a hairdresser) and they all said they went with their husbands, who asked if they could get vaccinated at the same time, and were told yes. So I know my friend will go with John on Monday, and when Colin get’s his, I’ll go too, just on the off chance they have any no shows and don’t want to waste the vaccine. I’m not trying to jump the queue, but if they have extra left, I’ll gladly take it. I’m so pleased to hear that Greg is continuing to do well, he’s been through so much recently. The reason I was intubated is that I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed. I had one upper erupted, but the lower that side was impacted and causing me pain, so they wanted to remove the upper at the same time as it would be useless, and on the other side, both teeth were still in the jaw, so they suggested removing them to save from having another general anaesthetic if they started to erupt, as I didn’t have room for them anyway. This all happened when Colin was in Angola on business, so his company arranged for one of their chauffeurs to collect me after and take me home. They told me I’d had a call from Angola, and I told them my husband was a mercenary :lol: I had my teeth out the day after the Challenger disaster, I remember it so vividly.

I completely agree! If you can get your vaccine at the same time as Colin's you should! It doesn't make sense to me that one spouse can get vaccinated and the other cannot. If you live in the same household I do think it is prudent to vaccinate both adults. IMO. My fingers are crossed for you @Austina.

Wow to getting your wisdom teeth removed like that. I am glad it is over and you are past that time. Not fun. I remember getting my wisdom teeth removed and I was black and blue for literally months. It was not a fun experience and your experience was even less fun. But LOL to your vivid memories. :lol:

Yeah the weather here is scary right now...for us and for our ferals. We are safe inside and as long as we have power we shall remain warm. But the ferals not so much. :(

Speaking of the Challenger disaster I remember that quite vividly as I was in graduate school and we were all taking a break watching it from the student lounge. What a horror. ;(

We’re now looking in to buying a new house, either that’s currently under construction, or about to start. At least that way, once we sign with the builder, that’s the price, none of this offer asking, and then be asked for considerably more. There are some nice places being built near Adam, we’d actually visited the site when we were there, so know the area, the house style and size we like, it’ll just depend if there’s a plot big enough for a pool, or it’s a no go. The downside will be it’s about 12-15 minutes from Adam, which isn’t a problem for me, but Colin and Adam both want us to live where he lives. It’s a lot closer than the 14 hours and 5000 miles away we are now!!!! The property market is just absolutely crazy there, houses are under offer literally within hours of coming on to the market, and going for way above asking.

The tiler came yesterday to seal the new tiles, and came back this morning to grout them, so it’s all finished and looking good as new.

I think that is a marvelous idea to build exactly what you want. But don't ask Kate yet...ask her after she is completely past this and I bet she will (eventually) agree. I think 12-15 minutes away is perfect...purrrfect. That way you aren't too close but just close enough. Though if I got to choose I wish my parents were next door. And Greg would be very pleased about that as well. My parents love Greg as a son and he loves them like they are his parents. It is really sweet. And I know you share that with Adam and Kim.

Glad the tiles are good as new. Sweet deal.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This would be a different situation to Kate, because the builders are on site building, so basically the price of the house is set, you just pay for any upgrades you want, so once you’ve chosen, that’s it, they can’t alter the price. After hearing about Kate’s experience, I wouldn’t want to go down that route, it’s been a nightmare for her, and I’m finding this whole thing stressful enough without the builder constantly moving the goal posts.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This would be a different situation to Kate, because the builders are on site building, so basically the price of the house is set, you just pay for any upgrades you want, so once you’ve chosen, that’s it, they can’t alter the price. After hearing about Kate’s experience, I wouldn’t want to go down that route, it’s been a nightmare for her, and I’m finding this whole thing stressful enough without the builder constantly moving the goal posts.

@Austina that is very similar to how we had our house built and we didn’t have issues or problems. Nothing like poor @Bayek. They had an office for the builder a block away. We picked a lot and a house plan with a set price then we picked our upgrades past the basic so prices never changed from what we picked. We had a few tiny things they had to fix after moving in but nothing major at all. Mostly cosmetic.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our beach is frozen.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 3.03.04 PM.png

That is ice on the sand.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy that is great to hear Greg is on the mend. He certainly had a major surgery; poor guy. Those night lights are helpful; I’d probably fall all the time wandering around in the dark. I plan on figuring out something this weekend. I figure once I get the water pick charged the first time I can plug it in during the day and plug in the night light after getting ready for bed. Telemedicine visits do sound convenient for many things. Our insurance company offers them and send us information on signing up for it. Darn you have Wyoming weather there; it was really nice here today. Strange. The Moon was pretty last night and this morning. Sweet to finding Costco not crowded. Woo hoo to finding Lysol spray.

@Austina that would be great if you and Colin can get vaccinated next week. It sounds like it was a good thing to be out to get your wisdom teeth out. Such an ordeal. That is so nice of Colin’s company to provide you a ride. I also remember the Challenger tragedy very well. Both my nieces work on spacecraft and I hope their crafts do well when they are launched. Space travel is risky. Speaking of more accidents I spilled my entire plate on the floor at lunch today. Luckily I had my sandwich in my hand but my grapes and BBQ chips went everyone. We had one of the original George Foreman grills but threw it out when we moved. I think later models were nicer than that first generation. I saw in the air fryer thread if you have convection in your oven it works the same. Good point. I do like to make oven fries on convection so I’ll remember to use convection more. That would be nice to be about 15 minutes from Adam and Kim. Are they getting married tomorrow? How exciting.

Yay it’s Friday! It was mid 50’s here today with only a breeze. I topped off my gas tank on the way home and picked up window food for supper.

Those of you who are NCIS fans probably have times when they’d like to Gibbs slap someone; I sure wanted to on the way home. A guy was leaving a bar on his motorcycle and his dog was running along with him. The dog darted in front of me then ran across the coming traffic. The guy then turned right and kind of whistled at the dog so the dog darts across both lanes of traffic again. I was going slow and stopped for him but other cars didn’t know what was going on. I was so mad; if that dog got hit it would have been that guy’s fault. How utterly careless and stupid! Grr some people.

I finally got up at the right time to catch a nice sunrise. And this is how I found my puppy tonight - yes those are dirty socks. Someone around here thinks he is a comedian.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0870.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

Wish I was there
Wish you were here too and maybe after the pandemic we can have a GTG at the beach :)

Oh my, thank goodness the dog got across safely. How scary!
Gorgeous sunrise. LOL that Marty what a comedian.

Wow to your temps. I am jealous! It is single digits here this AM and that is going to continue. I feel like a prisoner inside. Greg wanted to venture out yesterday but I was the one who said nope. Too cold. And we are getting a snowstorm here. Sigh. Cmon ready for Spring. Have a wonderful weekend Marcy. XOXO.

@Slick1 happy weekend! XOXO.

@MamaBee yay! Super news! Today? Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope your weekend is filled with lots of fun and rest and relaxation. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else! Gorgeous sunrise here this AM with the white caps foaming over the sea. It is bitterly cold but also breathtakingly beautiful. I am too lazy to get my phone and take a photo...sorry girls. Next time. We have ice on the sand as I shared in a photo yesterday and the ocean is looking quite ferocious yet beautiful at the same time. My poor ferals. I am praying they make it through this brutal cold snap. :(

Our friends emailed us a video yesterday. They were our neighbors for 15? years at our first shore house (we moved away in 2011 but keep in touch) and they are selling and moved in with her dad to help care for him. He lives only 10 minutes away from their house. So anyway they made a video compilation of their time at the house they are now selling and we are in it. They wrote some lovely words to us about how we made their time there special. So sweet. And we looked so young. OMG so young. Time has a way of escaping us and leaving us in the dust looking back thinking how did it all go so fast? I know @junebug17 gets it and I am sure most (all?) of you do too.

LOL I am so bad at anything computer related. Here is a screenshot of one of the video scenes.

missyandgregandDandCjerseyshore2000s.png

And on that note "Good Times" leaving you with all the best wishes for happy, healthy and good times indeed to come...big hugs to each and everyone of you reading and wishing everyone well.

Stay warm and cozy and safe.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!
Merry weekend:)
Having children is actually a lot of work, who knew LOL especially these days with school and everything being a little.. well... strange?
I have tried to read up but have probably missed half. So I’m sorry!
As a tiny peace offering, I stole this from a friend to show you a typical cabin in the woods:

C75A592E-D96A-4513-87B2-EC5480FBD241.jpeg

Stay safe! Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!
Merry weekend:)
Having children is actually a lot of work, who knew LOL especially these days with school and everything being a little.. well... strange?
I have tried to read up but have probably missed half. So I’m sorry!
As a tiny peace offering, I stole this from a friend to show you a typical cabin in the woods:

C75A592E-D96A-4513-87B2-EC5480FBD241.jpeg

Stay safe! Hugs!

Beautiful photo. Makes me think of the horror movies when one is at a remote cabin with friends in the middle of a snowstorm and craziness ensues...:errrr:

:lol:

Hugs to you, your DH and the kids. Stay warm and safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I got off my lazy a** for you girls and took a photo. The sea is full of ice. Bitterly frigid temps here with strong waves. A real winter's day...and with a real winter storm heading our way tomorrow night into Monday and Tuesday. A slow moving storm.
east%20coast%20psers.gif

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 8.49.18 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hi Marcy, thank you! and yes I spent hours at Mike's doing 3 loads of laundry and I bought 1/2 doz chocolate chip cookies and Mike and Cara, while loving granny!, limit her coocoo intake :) but Mike said he would give her a cookie when he picked her up from daycare and he did! Wow what a BEAUTIFUL sunrise Marcy, it's gorgeous.. it's so beautiful where you live.. jealous! xo

1612037031162.png

@missy Oooh how nice to have a husband who handles sickness well, and this is one scary episode, while I have read much on this type of cancer and can have a good outcome etc we didn't want Greg to develop this.. As to Kath, as far as I know, she's recovering since I've not heard from Jim or her.. Lysol spray! yahoo... love that stuff.. we need to do a Costco run, but we need just regular groceries more at this point. I read that you guys are going to get a winter storm.. Chris lives by his instant pot so I'm sure he'll make beans and rice his fav.. since he works at home he's not going out I'll bet.. altho there's a GREAT Indian food restaurant across the street from him.. love you! xoxo

@mrs-b I hope you and Tim are doing well.. I'll peruse PS to see if you have posted any kind of update! take care xo

@Austina quite an ordeal with your wisdom teeth removal.. I have heard of people needing them cut out, much bigger deal.. Colin's company sounds really wonderful, I know he's retired but picking you up and bringing you to the dental surgeon is really caring. I highly recommend the route you suggest, find a place/subdivision etc you like where there's no builds and pick your upgrades or not... we did that 2X, this small builder/ridiculously overpriced architect is more expensive, more stress and more anxiety and shock.. never again.. but there is tons of building going on here and you will find that 'home' you and Colin love, I know it! Tomorrow is the big day for Kim and Adam! new to the MIL world (Mike and Cara lived together for 10 years before they finally married) I found it made me know Cara better and she is an even a better DIL than I could have ever imagined, she's good for him.. I know you have great affection for Kim too!.

@Scandinavian lovely picture!!! living in your part of the world is so beautiful... hope everyone is doing well!!! xo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy Marty thinks he’s funny. I found 5 bears from the banister on the floor awhile ago. Marty said they all jumped off because they found out I was home for the weekend. Darn for cold and snow - your spring will arrive soon though. We are in the 40’s today and those hurricane winds are back. Cold and snow is arriving Tuesday night again. I can imagine the beautiful and icy sunrise this morning. Awe. Cute picture of you and your friends. How nice they’ve kept in touch. Your icy water makes me COLD!

@Scandinavian I totally agree having children takes a lot of time and I don’t even have kids. Yes things are strange right now. Gorgeous pictures of a cabin in the woods.

@Bayek I am glad to hear Auti got a cookie when Mike picked her up from daycare. I am sure she was delighted and she looks quite content in that picture. Thanks grandma! That’s really nice Cara is a good DIL. It makes a huge difference. I hope your friend gets better.

I got most of my laundry done today, finished the February newsletter and managed to NOT get knocked over by the wind when we went out to lunch. Score!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy fun Sunday all.

@missy Marty thinks he’s funny. I found 5 bears from the banister on the floor awhile ago. Marty said they all jumped off because they found out I was home for the weekend. Darn for cold and snow - your spring will arrive soon though. We are in the 40’s today and those hurricane winds are back. Cold and snow is arriving Tuesday night again. I can imagine the beautiful and icy sunrise this morning. Awe. Cute picture of you and your friends. How nice they’ve kept in touch. Your icy water makes me COLD!

I am cold just looking out the window now lol. And it is getting much worse before it gets better. Oy to the vey. Please please please let our power continue to work. :pray: Storm is starting tonight and going into Tuesday. :(

Here's a photo from our last storm.

snowonbeach.png

Marty is a jokester indeed but so are you and the two of you make life fun so you go girl. And I know you are plotting revenge on Mr Marty as we speak :)

Sorry you are experiencing some fierce winds again...ours are predicted to go to 50 mph starting tomorrow. Oy oy oy. No bueno. Kenny was right. Winter sucks. What was I thinking? Waaah waaah waaaah. :boohoo:

Sweet you got most of your laundry finished and didn't get knocked over by the wind. Score indeed. Happy Sunday. Stay warm and safe Marcy. XOXO.

@missy Oooh how nice to have a husband who handles sickness well, and this is one scary episode, while I have read much on this type of cancer and can have a good outcome etc we didn't want Greg to develop this.. As to Kath, as far as I know, she's recovering since I've not heard from Jim or her.. Lysol spray! yahoo... love that stuff.. we need to do a Costco run, but we need just regular groceries more at this point. I read that you guys are going to get a winter storm.. Chris lives by his instant pot so I'm sure he'll make beans and rice his fav.. since he works at home he's not going out I'll bet.. altho there's a GREAT Indian food restaurant across the street from him.. love you! xoxo

Glad Chris is all set for the long storm that is coming. I love rice and beans too. Hearty and filling and delicious. Truth be told I would rather be in Brooklyn during this storm but we are where we are for better or worse. Just hoping our power stays on...we have not yet tried the new generator and I am hoping if necessary it works. I am glad Kath is recovering well and may that continue. We are a bit light on groceries ourselves but not sure if we will head out to get more today as the stores are sure to be crowded right before this massive storm that is coming and with Covid around I am thinking we will make do with what we have. XOXO. Stay well and stay safe Great Kate.

@bling_dream19 how are you? I think the storm is missing you guys and for that I am glad. I hope you are enjoying the weekend and staying warm and cozy. Big hugs.

@Slick1 yeah I feel the same way and one day at a time. We will all get the vaccine when we get it and we can only do what we can do. Big hugs and I hope you are enjoying the rest of the weekend.

@MamaBee woohoo so excited and happy for you. Your HG ring is just that. A HG. Gorgeous. Wear in good health and blingy joy and yay your power came back so quickly. May it always be that way. XOXO.

@Austina I love pandas. I love all animals. I am glad you got to experience that. Hope you are enjoying your weekend and all is going well. Big hugs. How is your friend Shirley doing?

@canuk-gal I think our weather is worse than yours right now and we should all head someplace warmer. Sigh. Cannot wait for Spring and the warmer weather to arrive. And the end of the pandemic whenever that will be. I keep reminding myself we are closer to the light than we were 6 months ago so yay for that. Sending you warm hugs. Hope your weekend is going well.

@mrs-b continued well wishes and big hugs to you and Tim. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

@Scandinavian are the kids back in school or are they being home schooled so to speak? XOXO.

@Polabowla how are you feeling? How is the family doing? Hugs and well wishes to you.

@GK2 that is good news and may good news continue. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Gentle hugs.

@MMtwo thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying a nice weekend. Hugs.

@springerspaniel how is work going? I imagine you and your colleagues have all been vaccinated and I hope you are all feeling somewhat relieved. Sending you continued well wishes and hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I stayed inside all day and played cards. The excitement continues haha but I like it unexciting and uneventful and may that continue. Gracie tried stealing my chair when I was chatting with a friend in between our card games. Look at this diva. LOL

gracieonchair.jpeg

Enjoy a fun and safe Sunday lovely ladies. Big hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday, I was feeling incredibly fed up. Not that we can do anything about the situation, just sit and wait, but you know, at times it gets to you. Anyway, today is another day, so onward and upward.

Boy does it look cold there @missy, let’s hope if your new generator is put to the test, it does it’s stuff and keeps you powered up. Hopefully your food supplies will last until you can safely get out again, I imagine the world and his wife will be out today stocking up, so safer to stay in if you can. I just love how you can see Gracie’s lovely white eyebrows and whiskers :lol: I did manage to speak to Shirley last week, (she hadn’t shown up the previous 2 weeks) and unfortunately she was quite confused, kept referring to Adam as Jason and repeating herself.:( I won’t be speaking to her today, as they have Bob’s childhood friend there and will be going out for breakfast when she usually speaks to me.

I had to :lol: at Marty’s comments about the bears throwing themselves off the stairs @marcy. You’ve been very organised this weekend getting your laundry and the newsletter done for February. Oh no to more bad weather coming your way, looks like it’s just started sleeting here, let’s hope it doesn’t turn in to snow.

Honestly @Bayek, it’s getting ridiculous, we contacted a builder who had 8 lots for sale, and now because the market is so hot, they’ve decided to build and when they‘re at the stage where the finishes can be chosen, then they’ll sell, obviously at a much higher price than the advertised “from $xxxx”. Auti looks so cute noshing her cookie, she really is a proper little girl now (as opposed to a baby).

Great photo @Scandinavian. Are the munchkins still going to school, or are you home tutoring them? Yes, children are very hard work, especially when they’re little and at the Why? stage. :lol:

We had a lovely FaceTime chat with Rob & Sue this morning. Rob took his 93yr old mother for her first vaccine the other day. They’ve set up a centre at one of the local racecourses, and he said it was extremely well organised, and there were in and out very quickly. She got the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, and has had no side effects at all from the first dose. We were laughing at the fact that we get envious of people who’ve already had their jab.

Adam FT just now, he was up early to get the brisket going, and he’s about to take Bertie out for a walk to tire him out. They’ll be doing the deed about 2pm their time (8pm here), so he’ll FT us so we can see the marriage certificate get signed. Then I’ll be officially a Monster-in-law :lol:

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam FT just now, he was up early to get the brisket going, and he’s about to take Bertie out for a walk to tire him out. They’ll be doing the deed about 2pm their time (8pm here), so he’ll FT us so we can see the marriage certificate get signed. Then I’ll be officially a Monster-in-law :lol:

Woohoo!!! Mazel Tov in advance @Austina ❤️❤️❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina Congratulations! I wish the newlyweds much happiness!!!

@missy your weather is stressing me out also. LOL. It was 4c here today and sunny. Quite pleasant actually. Some higher temps over the next few days, then the deep freeze comes by weeks end.... waaaa waaaa waaaaaaaaaa Stay safe and warm!

DSS is a real thing!!! My friend who got her 1.81 mid 2020 asked about the upgrade policy at Tiffany's today. LOL. I couldda snapped up that Tiffany True (I love that cut) but for the 98K price tag. Gotta stay out of there--except for when @marcy gets me my diamond bracelet.

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy the most marvelous! you stay in, I'll bet dollars to donuts that your new generator will work if you lose power, which I sincerely hope not! thank you for your kind words about Kathleen, I hope I hear from her eventually, I wish I knew what was going on, but I DO have to respect her wishes to absorb all that she has gone thru and it is very tiring for her to speak, so I wait. What a pix again! you guys are supposed to get like 7 inches right? Talked to Chris today and he's ready, he's got coffee! the man is addicted and he's ready, of courses if he had to, he could run over to Danny's and eat! The Goldman girls are in high school! gosh when I first met them they were in elementary school, just talking to Katie she said they are both young women, time... Evan is a little minx, and Neve is adorable and is 7! even will be 2 in late March, man oh man time.. I have a cute little pix of Auti, today Mike and crew came over and we all wore our masks and Cara really doesn't have to since she has had her 2 shots, but Mike insists on our wearing masks anywhere near Autumn and him, we of course think that is a great idea, but Cara sent me a pix about 10 minutes after they left (they live 25 minutes from us at most) and Auti was fast asleep..

How is Greg doing? you sound good Missy.. miss you and love you. xoxoxo

@marcy I think you and Marty are wonderful together, your sense of humor is keen and funny as his is, great match!!

@Austina hmmm it is ridiculous, things are sooo hot here..I'm sure Adam told you or Kim or you read that Tesla is building a huge big factory etc in southeast Austin, bringing in lotsa of big bucks employees so where Adam lives is primo gorgeous, and getting very expensive daily! I feel for you, but we both know, what goes up goes down. Our lack of income tax is a REAL BIG draw for many here. We paid income tax in Maine, NY, NC, but not here, altho really our residential taxes are huge.. so I dunno... young hipsters love Austin.. I'm sorry it's being a PITA, believe me, we paid redic amount of money for this house from what we were led to believe it would cost.. hmm meh and yuck.. Auti! what a little sweetie pie Austina, today she was here and she brought me my flip flop sandals, shared her game with Gampa, she is a proper little girl, altho her speech is silly, I was talking to my niece Kate just before getting back to this note as I started it and then the phone with Kate. I was telling Katie about Auti's babbling talk and she said Evan does that too and the big sisters call it Posh speak (big sisters have 2 little sisters and a baby brother from their dad's 2nd marriage in addition to Neve and Evan from Mommy).. basically the toddler is imitating the sound she/he hears from us! babbling, Autumn can say very clearly; YEAH! and YES.. she is fun..

SO! you are a mother in law! welcome! how wonderful, exciting and caring Austina, very very happy for you all! Here's to Adam & Kim! happy day!

take care and stay warm and dry xoxoxoxo

@MamaBee whata ring! gorgeous! xoxoxo

@mrs-b how are you feeling? xoxo

so here's Auti after spending lunchtime with grammy and gandpa!

1612144569584.png

John - my pool boy!! sorry about the glare, I was inside!
1612144648502.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so here's Auti after spending lunchtime with grammy and gandpa!

1612144569584.png

John - my pool boy!! sorry about the glare, I was inside!
1612144648502.png

@Bayek - your POOL! It's SO wonderful! I love it!

And Auti looks like she's had the perfect day with her grammy and grandpa. <3

Thanks for sharing these photos, Bayek - they're just delightful. oxo

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - Here are a couple of photos I took for you today after we took out our old, huge, sleigh bed and put in a flat bedhead. We now have sooooo much more room to walk at the end of the bed!

And clearly, the dogs approve. :))

In March, we'll replace the side tables with the ones that match this set and put cream berber carpet down under the rug. But even now, the furniture looks way more coordinated!

20210131_220844.jpg

20210131_220900.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday, I was feeling incredibly fed up. Not that we can do anything about the situation, just sit and wait, but you know, at times it gets to you. Anyway, today is another day, so onward and upward.

Boy does it look cold there @missy, let’s hope if your new generator is put to the test, it does it’s stuff and keeps you powered up. Hopefully your food supplies will last until you can safely get out again, I imagine the world and his wife will be out today stocking up, so safer to stay in if you can. I just love how you can see Gracie’s lovely white eyebrows and whiskers :lol: I did manage to speak to Shirley last week, (she hadn’t shown up the previous 2 weeks) and unfortunately she was quite confused, kept referring to Adam as Jason and repeating herself.:( I won’t be speaking to her today, as they have Bob’s childhood friend there and will be going out for breakfast when she usually speaks to me.

I had to :lol: at Marty’s comments about the bears throwing themselves off the stairs @marcy. You’ve been very organised this weekend getting your laundry and the newsletter done for February. Oh no to more bad weather coming your way, looks like it’s just started sleeting here, let’s hope it doesn’t turn in to snow.

Honestly @Bayek, it’s getting ridiculous, we contacted a builder who had 8 lots for sale, and now because the market is so hot, they’ve decided to build and when they‘re at the stage where the finishes can be chosen, then they’ll sell, obviously at a much higher price than the advertised “from $xxxx”. Auti looks so cute noshing her cookie, she really is a proper little girl now (as opposed to a baby).

Great photo @Scandinavian. Are the munchkins still going to school, or are you home tutoring them? Yes, children are very hard work, especially when they’re little and at the Why? stage. :lol:

We had a lovely FaceTime chat with Rob & Sue this morning. Rob took his 93yr old mother for her first vaccine the other day. They’ve set up a centre at one of the local racecourses, and he said it was extremely well organised, and there were in and out very quickly. She got the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, and has had no side effects at all from the first dose. We were laughing at the fact that we get envious of people who’ve already had their jab.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend :wavey:

Congratulations @Austina!! Welcome to mother-in-law status! It’s great when you have a great daughter-in-law...I know you do too now! ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results