shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls..Please take a look over in the colored gemstone thread. David found a sapphire to put in the diamond halo cushion setting where I had Bee...I previously posted a still photo and lots of people liked it. I asked David to show me what it looks like outside in sunlight. He sent a video. It looks like it has a window. I know nothing of gemstones..Please take a look and tell me what you think...There’s crickets over there on colored gemstones...haha XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls..Please take a look over in the colored gemstone thread. David found a sapphire to put in the diamond halo cushion setting where I had Bee...I previously posted a still photo and lots of people liked it. I asked David to show me what it looks like outside in sunlight. He sent a video. It looks like it has a window. I know nothing of gemstones..Please take a look and tell me what you think...There’s crickets over there on colored gemstones...haha XOXO

OK I replied. I am not a colored gem expert though.
Color is lovely!

Hi to everyone else. I will be back later. Hope everyone is well. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@missy good morning! and you are awesome with your litany of replies, most times I peter out around #3 or 4 :) may your day be filled with warmer weather and no snow, sending hugs and love! xoxoxo

@marcy oooh Marcy gorgeous jewelry, I LOVE that sapphire, we have blown SO much money on this damn house that I think jewelry is a thing of the past for me, but I love what I have so there is that! stay warm! make cookies! xoxo

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well sweetie! xoxo

@MamaBee love your avatar too! I hope your mom is doing okay Joanne, sending you a Kate hug! xoxo

@junebug17 are you guys digging out? hope you didn't get the brunt of that danged storm! xoxo

@canuk-gal hope you get minimal snow and that your temps warm back up quickly! xoxo

@mrs-b I'll check around to see if you've posted elsewhere about how the weather went in Boston, sending kate dust and love to you and family.. xoxo

So a few updates..

I went bonkers yesterday, I called my son Chris around 5:30 EST, and he didn't pick up, I tried again at 5:45, N/A, (those were Facetimes), then I called him around 6:00 pm on the phone no answer!!! (at this point I've moved into WHERE IS HE!!??? it's a blizzard, it's freezing, he never ever does not call me back within 15-20 minutes) so then I texted him, no reply, then I called Katie as she is in Williamsburg not that far from Chris, N/A, so then I call Anne (Danny's wife) who doesn't pick up (she lives right across the street from Chris), I leave her a msg that I was wondering if the phones were out in Brooklyn, then I texted her the same thing, then I called my nephew Danny! so of course he doesn't pick up either, so at this point I'm starting to faint, where is my son, and family??? what is going on, so first Danny calls me back and I do my crazy Aunt Kate crazy act and as a parent he understands he says - altho he's up at their Catskill house and not in Brookyn, he said he was on the phone with Anne when I called her and she said to him that your aunt is calling me, so he said to me that he'd check on Chris tomorrow as he was coming back to the city in the afternoon, now Anne didn't volunteer to run over and see if he is okay, and all I can say about Anne is that she doesn't like Danny's family, who knows why, don't know don't care, my sister despised her and my sister was such a sweetheart about anyone, but Anne, so Anne wasn't going to go across the street to help me, so be it :) her problem, not mine, (I have never called anyone of my family to look in on Chris for me in over 2 years, this was a first time).. so then I hung up with Danny, Katie immediately called me and said her phone was on silence as she was working, now she lives too far away from Chris to walk over in a storm, but she would have! my sweet Kate, so Katie talked me down off the ledge and Danny did too somewhat, so I hang up with Kate and I walk out of the bedroom and John says "While you were on the phone, Chris called!" hahaha, so I called him and told him the whole story and Thank God or Yahweh, or the Stars etc he wasn't mad at me, he was actually swell, if I pulled this on Mike he would have been mighty pissed off.. so that this is my Irish, my fear something is always going wrong that I cannot control.. all's well that ends well. :)

So I was allowed to call Kathleen today, it went VERY POORLY, I asked about her voice and when she might get it back, ventilator really screws that up, she said she didn't know, she told me the heart doctor wants her to have implanted the VAD till heart transplant, I said to her that her friend R contacted me and she has a good friend who has had 2 heart transplants and R suggested that if Kath wants to talk or listen about the latest on recovery to get in touch with R, right after this Kath says: "I gotta go" so I don't know if this pissed her off, or her heart felt weird, or she is mad, or if she was sad, I suggested an anti anxiety pill to her and she said "Kate I take too much medicine now" truth is I was so unsure of WHAT to say that I think I screwed it up, I texted Jim and said the call did not go well at all, I was sorry and that I will wait for Kath to get in touch with me, I didn't want to say the wrong thing so of course Kate the GrEaT did!.. I wish I had had more info before the call, she had the pulmonary embolism, her ECMO area is infected, she can barely walk or talk, she is having P/T to strengthen her ability to walk, I dunno, the more I try the more I screw it up, John said I should not be hard on my self since I was doing a mitzvah, that I was trying to do a good deed and she wasn't really ready for a talk yet.. anyway I hope I didn't make her heart go screwy and back into the hospital.. I dunno, I feel terrible about this, but when a person has a terminal heart condition it's new territory for me in how to respond, John said he wasn't surprised how it went down, I was so nervous and I feel so bad that I am basically just sad and will wait till she ever contacts me :( :( I did try. It's her story not mine and she can be as mad, happy, confused etc as she wants, she doesn't want to wear a VAD and she does't want a transplant, she wants things to go back to the way they were before heart disease crept in.. I understand it and so I will wait.

I know I was trying etc and I am not going to keep berating myself, I am who I am and while I make mistakes and screw up, I really only want the best for everyone and try to assist those who want my Kateness! I love that girl but I have to let go of this, maybe that will help her, I hope she is alright. oh well, life and covid.. and all this makes one looney (the one being me!).

Everyone have a GREAT day, it's nice here, lucky me, but when it's July and it's 109F then it won't be nice at all..

loves you all!

Girls I am short on time but just read what @Bayek wrote and have to comment. Kate you’re truly great and the best mom, grandma, aunt, wife, mother in law, sister, friend and anything I left out. Do not berate yourself. Kathleen isn’t feeling well is probably a huge understatement. It’s not because of you. She’s feeling like crap. She knows you love her and vice versa. And so do your kids. As for Anne wow. What a piece of work. I’m sorry she’s so miserable and I’m glad all is well with the kids. As you write it’s her problem not yours. If I was in Brooklyn I would have checked on Chris. Just glad all is well. Big hugs dear Kate. Mucho hugs and love. XOXO ❤️❤️❤️

@bling_dream19 bucketloads of continued healing vibes. And hugs. ❤️❤️❤️

@Slick1 have a wonderful day. XOXO

@MamaBee keep us posted. How’s your momma doing today? Hugs.

@canuk-gal warm hugs. Hope your week is going smoothly. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else.

Yesterday we ran a couple of errands and also ordered new glasses. I’m doing my Sally Jessy Raphael impersonation with the pair I ordered lol.

C4E6DC13-E17E-4452-ADE7-23CE750B7AE5.jpeg

Off to the surgeon in a bit. I’m just doing a little workout to get a head start since we will be getting back later and today is weights day. Hugs and love to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news! My sister was able to get my parents an appointment for the first vaccine. Woohoo!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I tagged you in the colored gems section. PLEASE look at the sapphire and give me your opinion..TIA

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's AWESOME!

Thank you @mrs-b! Now let’s see what happens. Just spoke with my mom and they’re predicting snow for that day and during this past snowstorm we had all the vaccine centers closed for two days. Please let it be a minor snow event if any snow at all and let everyone be able to get their vaccinations. :pray:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b! Now let’s see what happens. Just spoke with my mom and they’re predicting snow for that day and during this past snowstorm we had all the vaccine centers closed for two days. Please let it be a minor snow event if any snow at all and let everyone be able to get their vaccinations. :pray:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a lighter-than-predicted snow dump next week so your parents can get their shot.

On my end, I'll be hoping for little-to-nothing - it's giving me snow drifts between my back door and my back fence - which is where I go to visit Murphy! He stands outside at the fence and barks and barks till I come out - so I *have* to go - but I wade through snow over my ankles as it is. Another big dump and it would be half way up my calves. And not good for his little body, either!

Silly little dog. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a lighter-than-predicted snow dump next week so your parents can get their shot.

On my end, I'll be hoping for little-to-nothing - it's giving me snow drifts between my back door and my back fence - which is where I go to visit Murphy! He stands outside at the fence and barks and barks till I come out - so I *have* to go - but I wade through snow over my ankles as it is. Another big dump and it would be half way up my calves. And not good for his little body, either!

Silly little dog. <3

Thank you. ❤️ Speaking of snow.
We just got back from the surgeon and lol the car got stuck in our driveway. We had that much snow. Greg had to shovel it out so we could move it where we needed it to be. Cannot make this stuff up. What a crazy two years to date.

AD585903-5065-4BC1-8813-6787C6C40DED.jpeg
Success!

Please hug Murphy from me.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance: @missy, I’m SO, SO pleased your parents have got an appointment to be vaccinated. I’m keeping everything crossed the weather doesn’t cause a problem in them getting it. I hope Greg’s follow up appointment went well today. I love the glasses and think they’ll suit you very well.

@MamaBee that sapphire looks like it was meant to be in that setting, its just so pretty. I hope your Mum is doing well and not feeling too depressed about her situation.

@Bayek You know what it’s like to be in pain and feel crappy, I think your friend is understandably feeling like hell and just too tired to be very communicative, try not to take it personally. I’m sure once she’s feeling a bit more like her old self, it’ll be easier to talk with her.

Your poor friend @marcy , all that temptation and she could only look. Your new sapphire looks like such a pretty colour.

I’m sorry for the short replies, I’m absolutely shattered, I was painting all day yesterday and just finished painting the woodwork and putting up the curtain poles.

I hope you’re all doing well and keeping safe :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Missy, thank you so much for your words, made me feel better for sure! I am sure that probably Kathleen is mad, mad that her heart is failing, she's only 56.. but I am sure I handled that call terribly, I should have just said, hey, how are you? oh well live and learn.. So glad your parents are getting their first shot if it's the moderna otherwise the other shot! Greg to the rescue, that is a bunch of snow hon.. so sorry, but hopefully you get some rain to get rid of it.. how's Greg feeling? how's YOU feeling? xoxoxo (thank you again you made me feel so much better). xoxox

@mrs-b Hi, how much snow did you get? stay in, drink tea and watch TV.. hope you are feeling aOK! xoxo

@Austina Oh thank you so much! maybe that is just it Austina.. I felt so terrible, I was stuttering and tripping over my words, jumping around, her voice was very faint because she had the ventilator in for 2 weeks.. I know she leans on her husband more than anyone I know, he's her ballast, so I will wait! hope you guys are doing all good things in England! looking forward to spring, some trees are starting to bloom already here! xoxoxo

Hi everyone! sending you all hugs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am so sorry you guys got stuck and Greg had to shovel - that is hard work. Great glasses! Nice your parents are getting appointments for a vaccine. I hope Greg’s follow up appointment went well.

@mrs-b darn those snow drifts keeping you from Murphy. I am sure he’d hear you if you tell him hello.

@Bayek sorry your house has cut in to bling money but you’ll love your new house and then can save up that jewelry money. Glad you love what jewelry you have; I am honestly reaching a point where there isn’t much more I want but see below with I am probably getting a new engagement ring. Don’t worry about having a bad day - we all have them. I get being worried about Chris - that’s what mom’s do. I hate to hear about the conversation with your friend; I am sure things will work out though. I would imagine she’s not quite herself right now between worries and not feeling well.

@MamaBee I see you aren’t going to get that sapphire. I didn’t realize you don’t wear RHR. I have maybe 5 cushion cut gemstones and I honestly have no problem with their performance. I also notice the the baskets and prongs show more in photos than in person so that might have been some of the darkness you were seeing.

@Austina I bet you are tired after all that painting. Rest up!

Work was hectic today. My BIL is back in the ER for the 3rd time this week. He couldn't keep food down Monday and was in a lot of pain. They ran lots of tests and decided it was a urinary tract infection, gave him antibiotics and sent him home. Wednesday he was feeling awful so they went to an urgent care place and his blood pressure was awfully high and they detected an AFib event so called an ambulance and sent him to the hospital. Today he went to a doctor, they did a blood test (again) and found that troponin level had changed since Monday so did lots of heart tests. They called them tonight with the blood test results and told him to go to the ER for another test. I haven't heard anything yet.

When I took all my assorted gemstone rings in Tuesday to get cleaned and checked I left my diamond ring in the safe. Since they kept 3 of my gemstone rings for loose or broken down prongs I got to worrying about my diamond ring. I've been having hair or fuzz catch under some of the prongs lately. I was definitely able to confirm the diamond is loose. I think I'll get a different ring with more protection around the prong. Like I needed to spend more money on jewelry now. Ha Ha. But darn to more jewelry shopping. My biggest question do I get a ring around here that I can try on first or do I buy another ring from Whiteflash? I picked out 2 solitaires they have that I like and I believe my 1/2 ctw channel set band from them had a matching engagement ring - that might be the way to go. Decisions decision. For now thought I’ll be #Marcynotwearingmyring.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies! Happy FriYAY!

@bling_dream19 sweet friend you are on my mind. Continued bucketloads of healing vibes and lots of love and hugs. I am keeping your family in my prayers and so is Greg. Gentle (((Hugs))). I hope today has more YAY in it than the days preceding it this week and that it is indeed a happy FriYAY.

@Bayek Great Kate my friend, I am always here for you and it upsets me you are so upset about your dear friend Kathleen. I hope she starts feeling better soon. Sending her healing vibes and sending you lots of love. I am OK. I am feeling a bit under the weather but hopefully it is just from the change in the barometric pressure and nothing else. Greg is very tired still. The surgeon saw him yesterday and said it takes time for the meds to convert to what he needs. Of course if the surgeon had given him the T3 meds I requested Greg would be feeling better probably. He upped Greg's T4 meds. We shall see. He called us last night after we saw him yesterday morning as part of the blood already came back and that is why he upped the meds. It is still a waiting game re the cancer and if he needs RAI. Next appt with the surgeon in May and that is when they decide if he needs radiation. I sure hope he doesn't. Have a wonderful day and big hugs. Thank you for asking and for being on our side always.

@Austina so wonderful you finished painting and did all the work on the house yesterday. I hope you had a good night's sleep after all your productive hard work. Thanks for your good wishes for my family. I will share more about Greg's visit below. I also shared it in my reply to Kate above this comment. Big hugs and hope you are having a good day. How are Adam and Kim the newlyweds doing?
Any word on the vaccination for you and Colin? Fingers crossed it is soon.

@marcy oh my goodness you have been a busy bee re the jewelry. You go girl. I hate reading that your ring needs prong work done because the diamond is loose and hope you can get that fixed soon so you can go back to enjoying and wearing your beautiful ring. WF seems a sure bet but it would be fun to try on different rings. Good luck with those fun decisions. Oh no about your BIL! I hope he starts feeling much better soon. It is always scary to be in the hospital. Please let us know how he is doing. I am keeping good thoughts for him. And as for work being hectic I hope it winds down today since it is FriYAY. And yay tomorrow is the weekend. Finally though it seems (for me) that the weekend was just here. The snow is still going strong and not really melting yet. I see on the weather report we might get snow tomorrow. Sigh. Hello winter. You are firmly here and not leaving anytime soon are you. Hope your weather is calm and hope work is calm today. Hugs to you Marcy.

@Slick1 how are you? How is school going? Big hugs to you.

@sarahb how are you and your family doing? I am thinking of you and sending lots of hugs and good wishes your way.

@Keeliamira hope you are healing well lovely lady and I am sending you lots of hugs.

@canuk-gal we walked on the snow yesterday during our mini hike in the afternoon. I had my spikes out on my Olangs and Greg had crampons on his shoes and it was fun. But harder than I thought it would be. It feels good just to be outside in the sun as I had been mainly indoors most of the week due to the bitter cold. Yesterday was milder and very sunny and we enjoyed being outdoors for a while.

I snapped a pic of Greg walking yesterday. The snow wasn't packed down as hard as I hoped it would be so it took a lot of effort walking in it.

Sharon, How are you? How is your weather? How is work going? How is your family doing? Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking of you and hoping life is treating you sweetly. XOXO.

@MamaBee please don't think far ahead right now. I know it is worrisome for sure but see how it goes and how your mom is doing. I am sending you many good wishes and lots of love and somehow it is going to work out. Care to share any photos of your stunning new ER? Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else.

We saw the surgeon yesterday AM and he examined the neck sutures and all look good and he had his lab take blood. He called us last night with some of the results which show Greg is under medicated. That explains his exhaustion. I am not hopeful his fatigue will be fixed with T4 meds only but we shall see. In the meantime it is a process. We won't know if Greg's cancer has spread and if he needs RAI until May when the surgeon is giving him a Thyrogen injection to see if his thyroglobulin is high which would indicate there is still cancer in his body. Of course waiting is no fun especially if there is a ticking time bomb in Greg's body but there is no choice so wait we must.

We enjoyed a short hike yesterday in the snow and on the trails and though Greg was tired he was happy to go out for a bit just to get some exercise and breathe in some fresh air. I was not feeling great yesterday (headache and fuzzy throat) and today I still have my headache. It could be due to the barometric pressure falling and I guess I will see how I feel once the storm we are supposed to get here passes. Hoping it is nothing but that.

Have a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies and I am keeping good thoughts for everyone. Big hugs. Leaving you with a selfie as we waited for the car yesterday after we saw the surgeon. Haha couldn't resist a bling perspective shot. Earrings. Sorry my ring was not facing the right way to show up in the photo.

missyandgregwaitingforcarinmanhattanjan2021.png

And a silhouette photo from our snowy hike yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 7.14.31 AM.png

Have a wonderful FriYAY girls!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay lovelies

Just a quickie, as I’ll be back later. Colin just this minute got the text about his Covid jab. He’s booked for next Thursday evening, last appt., in the hope that if they have any left, they’ll do me too. If not, hopefully won’t be too long before I get mine. :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay lovelies

Just a quickie, as I’ll be back later. Colin just this minute got the text about his Covid jab. He’s booked for next Thursday evening, last appt., in the hope that if they have any left, they’ll do me too. If not, hopefully won’t be too long before I get mine. :dance:

Woohoo! I hope they decide to give you the vaccine at the same visit @Austina fingers crossed.:appl:

getvaccinatedgif.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m back :lol:

@marcy, I hope they get to the root of the problem with your BIL and manage to get him sorted out. It must’ve been very scary having to go to the hospital 3 times in one week and still not be sure what’s going on. Hopefully you’ll hear soon that all is well. Oh my, what a lovely dilemma to have. I think if it was me, I’d rather go back to WF even though it means faffing about sending it to them.

I know @lambskin that is just crazy to us, but the demand is there, so people will pay it. The house is already under offer, so someone has decided it’s worth paying over the odds, just not us!

Continuing to send good thoughts to your Mum @MamaBee. I haven’t looked back at your thread, but I see Missy has mentioned you’re not going ahead with the sapphire.

@missy, yes, we’re very relieved that Colin got his appointment sorted out today. He‘d literally just got the text, and it was very simple to get a time slot. I’m hoping Greg’s meds will bring about some change, I’m sure he’s not used to feeling so fatigued all the time. What is the reason for the wait and see approach, does it take time for the body to ‘normalise’ after this sort of surgery, so they can’t tell until a few months later? I’m also hoping you’ll be feeling better soon, and yes it could very well be a change in barometric pressure. I’ve never felt so awful as one time we were visiting Adam and there were terrific storms, headache, nausea and general malaise, yuk!

Sending good thoughts your way @bling_dream19 and hoping things are ok with you.

I hope all the other lovely NIRDIs are doing well and keeping safe and healthy.

They’ve been doing doorstep testing in various areas where the SA variant is prevalent. One of the areas is where Tracey’s best friend lives. She and her husband were tested on Wednesday, and they found out yesterday, that he’s positive. He’s had a slight cough which he thought was asthma related, but otherwise felt fine. The only place he’s been is to the supermarket where he was masked he whole time. Just goes to show how easily this new variant spreads.

So, sitting room is all painted, cleaned and everything put back, and I rehung the curtains this morning. I’ve noticed the ceiling is a bit patchy in places, so will need another go over, but not doing that for a little while.

On the home front, we’re now looking at a development we looked at a couple of years ago. We absolutely loved it but thought it was a little bit further than we wanted to be. It would be a new build, and Adam and the realtor are going later today to have a look around and see the plots we like the look of. If everything checks out, it’s likely we’re going to commit, as we can’t afford to hang around as even there, things are moving extremely quickly. I’ll share details if we go ahead.

I’ve taken some photos of the sitting room for you @mrs-b :mrgreen:

C8187CD0-C047-4773-8555-109C2A34A52D.jpeg 20182B2B-B14D-47AF-A16A-0C68BA4EC5A7.jpeg

:wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, ladies! And happy Friday!

We're still under a blanket of snow here in MA, with another dump coming early next week. I really want to go out walking, but it's just not safe, so I'm doing lots of aerobics videos online and that's about it. Zoom yoga classes, too - but still nothing exciting. It's a miracle I haven't gained 50 lbs this year!

@missy - MAY?? May till you know re Greg's cancer progression (or not - hopefully not!) Wow - that timeline is tough and I'm so sorry you have such a long wait. How are you feeling today, wonderful woman? I love your random photos - car parks, seaside shots, storms, jewelry - every single one of them makes me smile - so thank you! Please don't lose sight of your own health care while taking care of Greg. Hugs to you! (PS Can we see shots wearing the new glasses when they come pls?)

@Bayek - I've been in hospital so much over the last 2 years, and had so many health issues - I cannot TELL you how many times I've been on the phone with someone and just suddenly had to go. Please don't take it personally! And I can tell you for nothing, in Kath's situation, there *is* no 'right thing' for you to be saying. Her situation is damnable, period. She'd probably just reached the limit her throat and energy could tolerate. You're a wonderful friend, and she must know that. A lovely mom, too, by the sounds of it! Hugs to you, too!

@marcy - you're getting 2 sapphires? Lovely! How nice to be getting some new pieces! You sure deserve it! I was sorry to read about your BIL. Have they nailed his diagnosis yet? I had/have afib (I've had an ablation and almost never have episodes anymore) - and it's a very uncomfortable condition, so my thoughts are with him.

@Austina - really hoping both you and Colin can get your shots! Excellent news about him, tho; the more people around us who have the vaccine, the safer we all are, so even if it's only him, it's a big step forward for the safety of your household. And speaking of your household...I love the photos (more please!)! And I'm moving in. (Just a heads up on that!) I'm also disgusted with your realtor and the whole situation where you live in general. I read your posts about trying to find houses, and something in my head just yells "UNFAIR!!" I hope something comes up soon.

@bling_dream19 - big, warm, supportive Aussie hugs, girl! Thinking of you and hoping you feel God's love shining on you every minute of every day.

@MamaBee - I have to say, I really do think you made the right decision re the sapphire. I think something less expensive makes sense, and that way you'll get the fit and color you want. Jeff White does custom lab cuts and they're gorgeous! Also - how is your mother doing? Thinking of you and wishing you stamina and strength and perseverence!

@Slick1 - thinking of you. I hope all is well in your world!

@canuk-gal - how is work going? Any more funky outfits to share? I still want to see the beaded skull t-shirt that set off the airport security monitors!!

@springerspaniel - how are you doing? Update as you feel it, pls?

@Polabowla - how is everything? How is your palm? How are things going with your daughter? Hoping they all go to bed of their own volition very soon!!

@Daisys and Diamonds - how are you? How is Gary and how are his eyes doing? Any progress there?

Love and hugs to everyone - NIRDI shoutout!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning, ladies! And happy Friday!

We're still under a blanket of snow here in MA, with another dump coming early next week. I really want to go out walking, but it's just not safe, so I'm doing lots of aerobics videos online and that's about it. Zoom yoga classes, too - but still nothing exciting. It's a miracle I haven't gained 50 lbs this year!

@missy - MAY?? May till you know re Greg's cancer progression (or not - hopefully not!) Wow - that timeline is tough and I'm so sorry you have such a long wait. How are you feeling today, wonderful woman? I love your random photos - car parks, seaside shots, storms, jewelry - every single one of them makes me smile - so thank you! Please don't lose sight of your own health care while taking care of Greg. Hugs to you! (PS Can we see shots wearing the new glasses when they come pls?)

@Bayek - I've been in hospital so much over the last 2 years, and had so many health issues - I cannot TELL you how many times I've been on the phone with someone and just suddenly had to go. Please don't take it personally! And I can tell you for nothing, in Kath's situation, there *is* no 'right thing' for you to be saying. Her situation is damnable, period. She'd probably just reached the limit her throat and energy could tolerate. You're a wonderful friend, and she must know that. A lovely mom, too, by the sounds of it! Hugs to you, too!

@marcy - you're getting 2 sapphires? Lovely! How nice to be getting some new pieces! You sure deserve it! I was sorry to read about your BIL. Have they nailed his diagnosis yet? I had/have afib (I've had an ablation and almost never have episodes anymore) - and it's a very uncomfortable condition, so my thoughts are with him.

@Austina - really hoping both you and Colin can get your shots! Excellent news about him, tho; the more people around us who have the vaccine, the safer we all are, so even if it's only him, it's a big step forward for the safety of your household. And speaking of your household...I love the photos (more please!)! And I'm moving in. (Just a heads up on that!) I'm also disgusted with your realtor and the whole situation where you live in general. I read your posts about trying to find houses, and something in my head just yells "UNFAIR!!" I hope something comes up soon.

@bling_dream19 - big, warm, supportive Aussie hugs, girl! Thinking of you and hoping you feel God's love shining on you every minute of every day.

@MamaBee - I have to say, I really do think you made the right decision re the sapphire. I think something less expensive makes sense, and that way you'll get the fit and color you want. Jeff White does custom lab cuts and they're gorgeous! Also - how is your mother doing? Thinking of you and wishing you stamina and strength and perseverence!

@Slick1 - thinking of you. I hope all is well in your world!

@canuk-gal - how is work going? Any more funky outfits to share? I still want to see the beaded skull t-shirt that set off the airport security monitors!!

@springerspaniel - how are you doing? Update as you feel it, pls?

@Polabowla - how is everything? How is your palm? How are things going with your daughter? Hoping they all go to bed of their own volition very soon!!

@Daisys and Diamonds - how are you? How is Gary and how are his eyes doing? Any progress there?

Love and hugs to everyone - NIRDI shoutout!

Hi girls..I will catch up later. My blood pressure went up to 142/123 last night. David was watching a movie..and my husband was driving home from NJ. I was all by myself. I had to literally sit down and try to get calm. I was able to get the lower number to the 90s. I emailed my doctor this morning. She’s going to add a beta blocker to my blood pressure medicine. I pick it up today. Stress is awful..
@mrs-b I contacted Gene at Precision Gems about cutting something. He said it couldn’t be done because of the curvature of the bezel. I just emailed David that I’ll buy the said sapphire. It will be fine and I’ll love it. Oh well..haha
I’ll be back later to check to see how everyone is doing. XO

Attachments

• 65E4A067-0BD1-4928-B4AE-A7DEA7BFF72D.jpeg
    65E4A067-0BD1-4928-B4AE-A7DEA7BFF72D.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls..I will catch up later. My blood pressure went up to 142/123 last night. David was watching a movie..and my husband was driving home from NJ. I was all by myself. I had to literally sit down and try to get calm. I was able to get the lower number to the 90s. I emailed my doctor this morning. She’s going to add a beta blocker to my blood pressure medicine. I pick it up today. Stress is awful..
@mrs-b I contacted Gene at Precision Gems about cutting something. He said it couldn’t be done because of the curvature of the bezel. I just emailed David that I’ll buy the said sapphire. It will be fine and I’ll love it. Oh well..haha
I’ll be back later to check to see how everyone is doing. XO

I'm really sorry to hear about your BP, but beta blockers are pretty good for controlling this. Was your pulse racing by any chance? If that's not a normal number for you, I just wondered if you were feeling super stressed and maybe having a panic attack?

And given the circumstances - sapphire it is! I'm sure it will work just fine and will give you plenty of enjoyment. And there's no doubt it will look beautiful - so - win-win?

I think there's a bunch of us who could do with a vacation, frankly. I could definitely do with a week, beach-side. Anything other than my living room, really.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really sorry to hear about your BP, but beta blockers are pretty good for controlling this. Was your pulse racing by any chance? If that's not a normal number for you, I just wondered if you were feeling super stressed and maybe having a panic attack?

And given the circumstances - sapphire it is! I'm sure it will work just fine and will give you plenty of enjoyment. And there's no doubt it will look beautiful - so - win-win?

I think there's a bunch of us who could do with a vacation, frankly. I could definitely do with a week, beach-side. Anything other than my living room, really.

Yes @mrs-b..I was feeling really stressed. It wasn’t a panic attack..I was just very trembly and actually felt that my blood pressure was/is high..They say you can’t feel it..Yes you can..My mom normally stresses me out. She lives with me..Now that’s she’s in the rehab it’s even more stressful. They want to release her to me in two weeks. She needs full care right now. I can’t lift her. She can’t even walk to the restroom by herself. Use your imagination here...I will try to get her in another place to hopefully get better. In the meantime I’m a wreck. I’m a planner. I like everything organized so I don’t have anxiety worrying about things. I
don’t feel in control in any of this..so my nerves are shot. It doesn’t help that she has problems every day that I have to solve.
I always said David is the easy one. My mom...a definite no.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b you got it. And if I don't like the way it looks (I am generally not a fan of red frames) I will privately send it to you lol. Yeah waiting is hard but one day at a time. It's all we can do. Thanks for all your warm wishes. And hoping you find relief very soon with the new medication. (((HUGS))).

@MamaBee this is what you need.

catmassagegif.gif

Hang in there. It's going to work out. I feel it.
XOXO

I already shared this photo with mrs-b but thought you might enjoy it too Joanne. It will calm your stress levels I hope.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 2.44.50 PM.png

You can't be stressed looking at such a lovely snow scene. Serene and peaceful.

Be back tomorrow with some more photos. Enjoy a lovely rest of the day all.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Hola! and don't worry - I got those pounds you smartily didn't put on this past year.. I have got to do something about it too. Oh thank you for the support and kind words and I hope you are right, she is very very sick and the only good outcome is a heart transplant and wearing a VAD - Ventricular Assist Device - and she said to me that she didn't want one and she didn't want a heart transplant, I said well you need to and a few other words and then abruptly said "I gotta go!", she has to do this, she's only 56 and got some horrid virus and this is the end result after 4 years of downhill heart ability to pump. I hope I hear from her soon because I miss her and wish I could take it away from her.. Her husband is very protective of her and his texts are cryptic to say the least.... I am in the woods here.. but thank you because you made me feel it wasn't necessarily me, and I appreciate that mucho.. hugs to you and a huge xoxoxo

@marcy ouch Marcy! I am very sorry to read your brother in law has been in the hospital 3x!! in one week and they are thinking it's heart related, I sincerely hope you hear good news Marcy, truly do. Well, I would go with WF only because of their upgrade policy, it is generous. Are you thinking maybe a bezel with little diamonds, I am not a fan of regular style halos except Missy's, her's is the only one I have ever seen that doesn't overshadow the stone, probably because her stone is huge! and an OEC, I really like the think bezels with like diamond dust around them, the little teeny diamonds, it looks very cool I think. Stay warm! xoxo

@missy My lovely and wonderful Missy, do not think of me once please! you and Marcy and Mrs B, Austina have all made me feel much better AND maybe it wasn't my fault, maybe she just had enough, or Jim told her to get off, I am patient and will just wait to her from her, I will I am sure. I didn't have a 19th nervous breakdown about Chris, it's a long story Missy but you know my story of my growing up years and when something seemed wrong as a kid, IT always was and it wasn't good, so when I can't reach my sons I try to not freak but with no one answering in Brooklyn I went nutzoid, i try not to do these things but it's very hard to control my brain.. hah!

Physicians, meh. I am sad to read but not surprised that no one listens and not one doctor will do what the he**l a patient asks for.. I am sorry Greg is tired, his body has changed and I am sure he will get what he needs from the meds as they start to take effect, which doesn't make it any better, he would be feeling better if they had prescribed what you asked for, but Greg is very healthy and I believe that he'll start to feel better soon.. AND I'm with Mrs-B May? he won't know anything till May? as an over 65er with medicare I get calls weekly from my PCP's office (not her of course hah!) that I didn't have my 'visit' with my PCP's designated representative to go over my health - sigh - the Medicare WELLNESS visit, I call it the PCP visit that is a waste of time!" visit, it's not a checkup, that's not always covered by Medicare, my insurance extra plan does cover checkups but seriously do I really need to go to see a nurse, or their designee to discuss my 'health' I find it intrusive and I find it an easy money grab for your doctor, John has been called eVERY week to schedule his, neither he or I have ever been to one of these 'free' chats, and in this time of Covid I suppose these BIG anonymous practices need money.. dunno, sorry there I go.. off to the races.. Medicine is not for the sick really, it's for the vultures.

How's the headache? it probably is change in pressure but do take care (I know you will) and HEY! nice earrings girlie! and I'd turn that ring over if I were in a parking garage too! ;-) you look good, you take care sweetie, you know I"m here for you. xoxoxo

@Austina Hola! and wow about the new covid variant, they have found the one from Britain here in Texas, sorry your friend has it, stay clear! :) Your sitting room is beautiful! and I am glad you are considering this new subdivision that you had looked at before.. I believe it is taking almost 2x as long to build a house in Austin as 5 years ago.. smart move if you like it.. hola to Colin!! xoxo

@MamaBee I have to check out this new sapphire! I love sapphires.. of course I love all jewelry, looking forward to seeing what you are going to design! happy for you and upset about the BP problemo, usually as we age the lower number goes down so good for you
for getting in touch with your doctor! take care please. Joanne, please consider a home care nurse for her 24hrs, you just cannot do it all, really please do.. you can only tear yourself so many ways, where's Mamabee in this whole scenario.. yeah I know, I am great at giving advice, but i mean this, please consider something like this idea. all my love to you! xoxoxox

Hey all NIRDIs hope everyone is well and surviving winter and covid..

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone. It sounds like everyone is dealing with difficulties right now. I long for the days when we all woke up and had normal days and felt good, that includes no COVID.

@missy - Maybe I missed the post, but why do the doctors have to wait until May to do the thryrogen test? I can't imagine how you must be feeling having to wait. I hope Greg's energy starts to improve. I don't know that much about thyroid medication, only from relatives and what I pick up here, but it sounds terribly complex to get the balance correct.

Missy - I hope you're starting to feel better soon and it is the barometric pressure causing the issues. K and I feel it any time the temperature and barometric changes significantly.

@marcy - Is there any truth to the old saying "the planets must be out of alignment" when everyone starts acting nutty? I know my best friend is very much into people's behaviour and how it is affected by the full moon.

Marcy, I hope the doctors find out soon what the cause of your BIL's health issues. It is never easy not knowing what the route cause of the health issues are.

@Austina - Yeah to the vaccine for your hubby. I hope they'll give it to you at the same time. It is very scary about the new variants and how contagious it is. Up until now grocery shopping has been relatively risk free as long as people wear masks and distance but it sounds like this no longer the case with the new variant. I am sorry your friend has it but glad he has only mild symptoms.

I think you and Colin are very brave moving to a different country, especially being older. I know I could never do it. I am approximately the same age as you and I find change very difficult as I age. I know it will nice to be close to your son and DIL and the new grandpuppy.

@mrs-b - You and I have chatted offline through email pre-pandemic (pair of pear diamonds). It's funny how I am now thinking of everything in terms of pre and post pandemic. You are a lovely lady and I hope you are finally on the way to feeling better. I know that probably won't happen until you've had your back surgery. You're an amazing woman - after everything you've been through health wise you remain optimistic and upbeat.

@MamaBee - I am sorry to hear about your blood pressure spiking. I am glad you are addressing this issue now. I am on Inderal, which is a beta blocker, for my migraines. I have tolerated it well although my dose is quite low. I hope it is the same for you. It's never fun adding new meds.

I am so sorry about your mother. I know only too well the stress of having an ill mother live with you, especially when they are too weak to even get to the washroom (been there, done that). I hope you are able to find another place for her to rehab.

Any by the way, I think the sapphire is lovely. It will be gorgeous in that ring.

@Bayek - Please don't second guess yourself about what you said to Kathleen. It is very difficult to know what to say in times like that even when they are close friends and family members. I told my good friend who had lost his wife to get a dog :wall:. I got off the phone and did a major head slap. I felt like such an idiot and so insensitive. But it's been been 11 years now and we are still good friends. He did not take it the wrong way even though that comment ate away at me for a long time. So please forgive yourself. You did your best and as Missy said, she was probably just tired and couldn't talk any longer.

To anyone else I have missed, please take care of yourselves.

It's been a pleasure interacting with you ladies even I only do it sporadically. I made the decision last night to have Ella delete my account. I will be sending her a note in the next day or two. I was so upset being accused of being a stalker and weird in a particular thread that I decided that PS is not the place for me anymore. My emotions are too fragile for that type of crap. When I joined in 2014 it was fun. I am not finding it fun anymore. I also realized early on that I have to be security conscious of what I share because of living in a relatively small location and my husband's former high profile jobs (he's retired now), therefore the screen name change.

@missy - I will stay in touch off-line if you want. Last night's comments shook me and I never want to intrude if I'm not welcome. Just let me know.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek! Thank you and you are always on my mind. I totally get it! I would have been worried sick if I couldn't get in touch with the kids. I get that way when I don't know where Greg is and he is past due being home and same for my parents and my sister. I get you completely.

As for the doctors we are on the same page. It's crazy. I am not happy about the long wait and I will see if I can get my endocrinologist to do some blood work that may indicate cancer issues. It's hard because it is a waiting game and thyroid cancer often isn't gotten all at once especially at Greg's age-spread is not uncommon and it isn't straightforward. I have seen some complicated thyroid cancers and it is not the easy cancer some think it is. No cancer is and it is not to be underestimated. I am thankful for all that we do have and the excellent care we (generally) get and my mantra is one day at a time. Otherwise it is all too overwhelming.

How is Kathleen? When are you getting your second vaccine dose?
Speaking of vaccine dose woohoo I have great news. My sister just this minute called me and....drumroll please....

Because my sister gives care to the animals at the school she was able to get the Pfizer vaccine today!!! Woohoo! Really thrilled about this and now just hope my parents can get their vaccine Sunday. There is snow in the forecast so I am keeping my fingers crossed it is not a heavy storm and that they can get their vaccinations.

@MJ_Mac OMG I am so sorry you are deleting your account but I understand completely! Please let us continue keeping in touch. I care about you and your DH and consider you a friend. Much love and hugs to you. IDK why we have to wait til May....except to see what develops re the thyroglobulin...the surgeon said if it goes over 5 that is bad. I have to research a bit more I guess. I am so tired of researching and second guessing the doctors but we must be our own and our loved ones advocates. Experience has shown it is the only way. Big hugs to you my dear friend. And don't let anyone make you feel bad OK? That is crazy and it makes me so angry. What thread was that in please. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've had a hell of a week. Work was off the Richter in terms of workload :((ran for 8 hours no break .

Theft our our bikes was the worst tho. Dealing with the realization that my best friend is gone because someone helped themselves. Dealing with Police, security issues, and all the rest. That is all I can manage to say.

not so cheery--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've had a hell of a week. Work was off the Richter in terms of workload :((ran for 8 hours no break .

Theft our our bikes was the worst tho. Dealing with the realization that my best friend is gone because someone helped themselves. Dealing with Police, security issues, and all the rest. That is all I can manage to say.

not so cheery--Sharon

Arghhh! I am sorry Sharon! That sucks :(
I hope somehow your bikes are recovered. Big (((hugs))) to you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @MamaBee I’m so sorry you’ve had this awful episode. Colin is on Beta Blockers at the moment, and is feeling fine, so hopefully they’ll have the same effect on you. I hope you can get your mother in to another facility, because there’s no way you could cope with her home whilst she need so much physical support. I hope she understands and is co-operative.

Thank you @mrs-b, it’s pitch black here, so I’ll take more photos for you tomorrow. How are you feeling, is Tim better now?

Honestly @MJ_Mac it was a no brainier when our son asked us to move to Tx. This last year has been awful not being able to see them, and being here alone. Our friends all have their own families, so during the lockdowns, we’ve really been on our own and found it difficult. We keep reminding ourselves that we are very fortunate, we’re retired so Covid hasn’t affected our income, our house is paid for so we don’t have the worry of losing our home, and we’ve done everything we can to keep safe and healthy. Please reconsider your decision to leave, maybe have a time out for a while and see how you feel in a month or two. I did see the thread, and I know from experience that people often feel brave enough to say things online that they wouldn’t say to your face. If you enjoy being a member on PS, don’t let other people drive you away.

Fantastic news your sister got vaccinated @missy, just keeping everything crossed the weather co-operates for your parents on Sunday.

Thanks for listening to my incessant ramblings @Bayek, you won’t have to do that any more, we’ve made a decision.

Ugh @canuk-gal sorry you’ve had an awful week, and that some thieving scumbag has stolen your bikes :angryfire:.

Sooooo, Adam and the realtor went up to place we’re thinking of buying. We had a tour of the showhome, she answered all our questions, then drove out to the lot we’re interested in.

We’ve done it! We’ve said yes to the house, yes to the lot, just waiting to sign on the dotted line, and once we do, the price is fixed, so no nasty surprised.

This is the floor plan and elevation we’re going for.

ABBACD3D-3C34-41B7-80D0-081C275660CB.jpeg 9F953D2E-8C0F-424C-8058-BD6DA7E80201.jpeg \

Can you tell I’m rather excited and relieved? :mrgreen:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @MamaBee I’m so sorry you’ve had this awful episode. Colin is on Beta Blockers at the moment, and is feeling fine, so hopefully they’ll have the same effect on you. I hope you can get your mother in to another facility, because there’s no way you could cope with her home whilst she need so much physical support. I hope she understands and is co-operative.

Thank you @mrs-b, it’s pitch black here, so I’ll take more photos for you tomorrow. How are you feeling, is Tim better now?

Honestly @MJ_Mac it was a no brainier when our son asked us to move to Tx. This last year has been awful not being able to see them, and being here alone. Our friends all have their own families, so during the lockdowns, we’ve really been on our own and found it difficult. We keep reminding ourselves that we are very fortunate, we’re retired so Covid hasn’t affected our income, our house is paid for so we don’t have the worry of losing our home, and we’ve done everything we can to keep safe and healthy. Please reconsider your decision to leave, maybe have a time out for a while and see how you feel in a month or two. I did see the thread, and I know from experience that people often feel brave enough to say things online that they wouldn’t say to your face. If you enjoy being a member on PS, don’t let other people drive you away.

Fantastic news your sister got vaccinated @missy, just keeping everything crossed the weather co-operates for your parents on Sunday.

Thanks for listening to my incessant ramblings @Bayek, you won’t have to do that any more, we’ve made a decision.

Ugh @canuk-gal sorry you’ve had an awful week, and that some thieving scumbag has stolen your bikes :angryfire:.

Sooooo, Adam and the realtor went up to place we’re thinking of buying. We had a tour of the showhome, she answered all our questions, then drove out to the lot we’re interested in.

We’ve done it! We’ve said yes to the house, yes to the lot, just waiting to sign on the dotted line, and once we do, the price is fixed, so no nasty surprised.

This is the floor plan and elevation we’re going for.

ABBACD3D-3C34-41B7-80D0-081C275660CB.jpeg 9F953D2E-8C0F-424C-8058-BD6DA7E80201.jpeg \

Can you tell I’m rather excited and relieved? :mrgreen:

4 bedrooms? I'll staying a long time!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Must be a weight off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG I am jumping up and down right now!!! So happy for you!!!! Congratulations @Austina and Colin!!! May you experience much love and joy and happiness in your soon to be new home and keeping my fingers crossed the signing goes smoothly. It is a beautiful home.

goodluck.gif

congrats.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lovelies, we’re thrilled beyond belief. :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results