shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew, so relieve to hear Greg has managed to eat @missy, and oy that he had another medical appointment today.

I have a little bit of exciting news to share with you all, Adam and Kim are getting married on the 31st!!!!

Mazel Tov!!!!!
6D9BF4D5-1E04-4D56-8E18-DC374775C425.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew, so relieve to hear Greg has managed to eat @missy, and oy that he had another medical appointment today.

I have a little bit of exciting news to share with you all, Adam and Kim are getting married on the 31st!!!!

How exciting @Austina !! Wonderful news!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, we’re really pleased, of course we’d have like to have been there, but they can’t put their life on hold forever, and we have no idea when we’ll get to see them again, so happy for them to go ahead without us. They’re just having 2 friends at witnesses at the ceremony.

They’re intending to have a reception later in the year when we can all be there.

I did ask if Bertie was going to be best man, but Kim said he’d probably run off with the rings :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
YAY how fabulous for your son and daughter in law! It is super sad you and your husband can't be there but you are amazing to be so supportive. Congratulations on their upcoming wedding ceremony!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @bling_dream19, it’s a shame, but we’re fine with their decision, it’s their day, and whatever they want is good with us.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b It was ridiculous.

I asked the dermatologist to please remove it this past Tuesday when the office called saying the biopsy showed it needed to come out fully. Which he should have done at the initial biopsy like our NYU dermatologists do with all biopsies. Beyond the borders by 2cm.

But this dermatologist despite being experienced with melanoma surgeries didn’t do that with the initial biopsy. I was furious on Tuesday so much so that the tech put him on the phone with me. This dermatologist never gets on the phone. I told the tech I’d hunt him down should anything happen to my dh because he didn’t take it all in a timely fashion. Needless to say the dermatologist decided it would be best to talk with me. But still he wouldn’t see him that day. So today it was.

The NYU dermatologist called me immediately Tuesday when I messaged him about this and he said yes come in whenever we want to get it fully removed. But it’s just an exhausting trip in twice next week since we have to see the surgeon at Lenox hill. So we decided to have this dermatologist finish what he started and hopefully after Greg is feeling stronger we will see Dr P at NYU.

Greg is followed regularly by 2 excellent NYU dermatologists Dr P and Dr C but Covid makes everything more challenging. And being at the beach house.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. :) Thanks for asking.

I'm just shaking my head at this. It ASTOUNDS me how the medical profession can't seem to grasp the idea that they're dealing with sick people! And as for post surgery, dragging a guy in for an appointment that could easily have been moved.... ugh. I need to take a breath on this and step back, I think.

Missy, I'm so glad Greg is eating! How very, very awesome! Please send him my very best wishes and much love to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, we’re really pleased, of course we’d have like to have been there, but they can’t put their life on hold forever, and we have no idea when we’ll get to see them again, so happy for them to go ahead without us. They’re just having 2 friends at witnesses at the ceremony.

They’re intending to have a reception later in the year when we can all be there.

I did ask if Bertie was going to be best man, but Kim said he’d probably run off with the rings :lol:

Could they video it live streaming for you and Colin? That way you could be there in real time and see it unfold. In any case it is wonderful news amidst a challenging time. All my best to the happy couple and their son and all my love to you and Colin.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina -

Congratulations! And your attitude to not being able to be there is so generous - your DIL to be has lucked out in her mother in law!

I do feel for Bertie tho...I'm pretty sure he'd enjoy running away with the rings....

:mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just shaking my head at this. It ASTOUNDS me how the medical profession can't seem to grasp the idea that they're dealing with sick people! And as for post surgery, dragging a guy in for an appointment that could easily have been moved.... ugh. I need to take a breath on this and step back, I think.

Missy, I'm so glad Greg is eating! How very, very awesome! Please send him my very best wishes and much love to you.

Thank you so much @mrs-b. I know you get it. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b, we’re not one for big celebrations, the ceremony is over in minutes, it’s the rest of their lives together that count. Honestly, we had a very small wedding, and if we could’ve got away with just us and our 2 witnesses, we would have. Kim has a huge family, and would’ve wanted to invite 100’s of people they don’t even know.

Thank you @missy, we‘re going to ask if they‘re allowed to FaceTime us during the ceremony so we can make sure they actually get married :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy, we‘re going to ask if they‘re allowed to FaceTime us during the ceremony so we can make sure they actually get married :lol:

Haha smart move.

Perhaps you will find this helpful.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@missy, I've got to tell you that when I read your posts from yesterday I was really worried about Greg. I am so glad he has eaten something, and hopefully he will start to drink more fluids too. (((Big hugs to you))) and continued healing vibes to Greg!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I've got to tell you that when I read your posts from yesterday I was really worried about Greg. I am so glad he has eaten something, and hopefully he will start to drink more fluids too. (((Big hugs to you))) and continued healing vibes to Greg!

Thank you so much @finerthings! I feel your good wishes through the screen and they are much appreciated! (((Hugs))) to you too!

He's taking a shower now which I don't blame him (he hasn't showered since Wed AM as per surgical instructions) but due to the biopsy on his leg today the dermatologist told him not to shower for 24 hours. Cannot get the biopsy incision (stitches) wet. Men. Gonna go upstairs and check on him.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy two words--Saran Wrap! Glad Greg had a "hearty" meal!

@Austina large weddings can be fun! Unfortunately , too, one cannot get to see everyone with such a large gathering. So this just seems to work out! And I agree, your DIL hit the MIL/FIL jackpot.

I rode today in 7c. Windy but I was full parka. Super icy and I only fell once. LOL. My DH chicken out early and did a small less icy circuit. Good to get fresh air and exercise.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rode today in 7c. Windy but I was full parka. Super icy and I only fell once. LOL. My DH chicken out early and did a small less icy circuit. Good to get fresh air and exercise.

Woohoo! Living vicariously through you Sharon!!!
Though I am unhappy you fell and thank goodness you are A OK.
It is wonderful to get fresh air and exercise I agree.

Thanks for the tip. Since he cannot talk I have no clue what he did but I just told him your wonderful suggestion so maybe for tomorrow. :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b, we’re not one for big celebrations, the ceremony is over in minutes, it’s the rest of their lives together that count. Honestly, we had a very small wedding, and if we could’ve got away with just us and our 2 witnesses, we would have. Kim has a huge family, and would’ve wanted to invite 100’s of people they don’t even know.

Good happy and exciting news! Congratulations congratulations congratulations

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! Three eggs and pudding!! I’m so happy!!
I laughed @missy when you said you would hunt the derm down! :lol:I’m polite by nature but don’t make the mistake that I’m a push over. That’s Brooklyn girls! I’m proud of you!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I laughed @missy when you said you would hunt the derm down! :lol:I’m polite by nature but don’t make the mistake that I’m a push over. That’s Brooklyn girls! I’m proud of you!!

NEVER mistake a woman's kindness for weakness!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay @missy ! So happy to hear Greg ate today! Made me think of this show. The Amanda Bynes Show my kids loved.
59A0C9D6-DAD4-41F1-B582-CFF6F8339519.gif
I hope tomorrow is even better!! ❤️ ((Hugs))

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriIYAY friends! I cleaned my wedding set today 20210115_155816.jpg 20210115_155642.jpg 20210115_155617.jpg
And my newest pink spinel!
Thinking about you @missy and Greg, on my mind nonstop. I hope you both had a delicious dinner. Love and hugs to all for a beautiful weekend!

Attachments

• 20210113_150119.jpg
    20210113_150119.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 19

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations @Austina!! What happy news!! I’m sorry you can’t be there...but you’re right..It’s their life. We’re happy when they are. They’re so lucky to have you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy FriIYAY friends! I cleaned my wedding set today 20210115_155816.jpg 20210115_155642.jpg 20210115_155617.jpg
Thinking about you @missy and Greg, on my mind nonstop. I hope you both had a delicious dinner. Love and hugs to all for a beautiful weekend!

Your set is beautiful @bling_dream19!
Your pink spinel so so pretty! What are you going to do with it?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Austina! So exciting. Not long ago, I was the Mother of the Groom. I do hope you can videoconference in!

Looks gorgeous @bling_dream19 and I love the pinky!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @missy !
How are you and Greg doing today?
Hugs

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

A wedding :appl: :appl: :appl:
that's awsome news

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in to see how Greg and Missy are
that's bad he had such awful pain but good he's eatting something
I hope all is well soon Missy
I think of you both often
Greg has had a shi**y run of things

Best wishes to you all
take care and stay safe
Nicky

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, hi nirdis:wavey:

Great news about Greg! I was worried and those are excellent news! Have a great day and speedy ongoing recovery for Greg!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Thanks for your continued well wishes. Greg didn't sleep much at all last night due to a headache in the back of his head. He took Tylenol with codeine last night and this morning and I also gave him my pseudoephedrine to see if that would help. He is drinking water and last night he had 3 bottles of water before bed thinking maybe it is due to dehydration but no improvement. Should I worry? I told him if it gets severe to let me know ASAP because of course my mind is going to the worse possible scenario. Again. :/

Darn right. We Brooklyn girls are tough. Sweet and kind but tough.

NEVER mistake a woman's kindness for weakness!

Amen sister. Amen.

Good morning @missy !
How are you and Greg doing today?
Hugs

Hugs to you too and thanks @Scandinavian. He ate yesterday but only the scrambled eggs and pudding and for dinner he had another pudding and a popsicle. I don't want to push him. The headache is concerning me more than anything at the moment.

Just checking in to see how Greg and Missy are
that's bad he had such awful pain but good he's eatting something
I hope all is well soon Missy
I think of you both often
Greg has had a shi**y run of things

Best wishes to you all
take care and stay safe
Nicky

Thank you so much Nicky. Your continued well wishes are greatly appreciated by us both. Hugs to you. Hope all is going as well as possible with you and Gary and Melanie.

Just gorgeous. Swoon! I love all your beautiful jewelry. What a stunning and elegant collection. :love:
Have a wonderful weekend and hugs.

@MamaBee hope you had a nice trip driving yesterday and that you and your crew safely arrived and had a good night's sleep. Dreaming of F diamonds. Big hugs.

@Slick1 it will be a relief for you to get the vaccinations. Have a wonderful weekend and big hugs.

@mrs-b hope you have a good weekend and big hugs.

Hi @kipari thanks. I am just concerned about his headache since last night. More than 12 hours and no relief yet. Appreciate your continued well wishes. XO.

Happy Caturday Saturday everyone and enjoy a lovely day. XOXO.

Leaving you with who else. The cats for this Caturday Saturday. :)

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 7.00.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 7.00.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 6.59.46 AM.png

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just fine! I am going nuts on a report deadline today. I keep peeking in on you to see how you and Greg are doing. I am so happy for the fact he has eaten something . I know you have been super worried. He is going to be okay

Tough guys just struggle when they feel weak. This probably holds true for tough folk in general.

He does look very good for someone who has just been through hell and back. Sending happy thoughts and hugs through the interwebs!

Hope you made your report deadline @MMtwo. Thanks for the good wishes. I just want him to be OK. He has been through so much. I love what you wrote. You are right. When strong individuals get ill and weak it is harder for them to accept that and just rest and recuperate. Greg is very strong and he never complains. He is not like the typical guy who when they get sick go on and on like they are dying lol. No he is the opposite. Stoic and strong. That is why when I see him so weak and fragile it concerns me. I know he must be feeling freakin awful. And I cannot do anything to relieve his pain. But of course be here for him and do what I can. It is hard not being in control. Thank you for checking in on us and hugs to you too. XO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, if Greg’s headache doesn’t get any better, then contact a Dr. if only to get reassurance that it’s nothing serious. Better not to worry yourself ill too. Xxx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results