carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy glad the surgeon said things went well. I hope Greg's pain subsides quickly and sending him mega dust. I know you'll have a tough night sleeping but know the kitties will keep you company.

Have a great day ladies!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: Surgeon just called me...Greg can come home tonight. So off I go to Lenox Hill to pick him up. He sounds super exhausted but I am glad he can sleep in our bed tonight. Thanks everyone. XOXO.

ETA Soon I will have been awake for 24 hours lol. Pulling an "all nighter" in middle age. Somehow it's not as much fun as when we were younger. :)

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear it went well @missy .Wishing Greg a healthy speedy recovery and peaceful, restful times ahead for you both XO.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Update: Surgeon just called me...Greg can come home tonight. So off I go to Lenox Hill to pick him up. He sounds super exhausted but I am glad he can sleep in our bed tonight. Thanks everyone. XOXO.

ETA Soon I will have been awake for 24 hours lol. Pulling an "all nighter" in middle age. Somehow it's not as much fun as when we were younger. :)

Yay, more good news!! Missy please drive carefully , you must be exhausted.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that is awesome Greg can come home tonight. He'll sleep better in his own bed. Safe travels.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, more good news!! Missy please drive carefully , you must be exhausted.

Thank you! I am not driving. Waiting for a car service. I loathe doing that during Covid but I cannot drive at night.
Thank you for all your good wishes. XO.

@missy that is awesome Greg can come home tonight. He'll sleep better in his own bed. Safe travels.

Thank you Marcy. He is in considerable pain but hopefully that will subside within the next few days. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I hope you and Greg gt some rest tonight and that Greg's pain is gone by tomorrow.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Big hugs @missy! So glad that Greg will be home with you tonight - both of you will sleep better! Healing vibes being sent his way!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see surgery was successful and Greg is well enough to go home tonight! I hope he has a quick recovery without much discomfort.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy I am so relieved to hear your news!! Very happy that Greg can come home tonight as well! Wishing him (and you) a restful evening and a pain-free and complete recovery for him! ❤️

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap:Missy you and Greg are so strong. Get a good nights rest and prayers are still going out to you all.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm really glad to see the surgery went well and Greg was able to come home - I'm wishing him a speedy recovery and I hope he feels better very soon.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I wasn't online much yesterday, but I thought of Greg and you all day! Relieved everything went well . Big hugs and continued healing vibes and recovery dust!!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hope you're catching up on sleep!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies.

Hope you're catching up on sleep!

Haha no such chance. Not with 4 demanding screaming kitties lol. Thanks @MMtwo. Fortunately Greg is still (sort of) sleeping.

Oh @missy I am so relieved to hear your news!! Very happy that Greg can come home tonight as well! Wishing him (and you) a restful evening and a pain-free and complete recovery for him! ❤️

Thank you dear friend. Your support and warm wishes the whole way through make such a difference. More than I can say. Thank you.

Big hugs @missy! So glad that Greg will be home with you tonight - both of you will sleep better! Healing vibes being sent his way!

Thank you @finerthings, the healing dust is greatly appreciated!

@missy I hope you and Greg gt some rest tonight and that Greg's pain is gone by tomorrow.

Thank you @springerspaniel. He is in considerable pain. More than I thought he would be. But he's home and hopefully he will recover fully and this will be but a blip on the radar. I so appreciate your kind and warm support and well wishes. Thank you.

Hi Missy,

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I wasn't online much yesterday, but I thought of Greg and you all day! Relieved everything went well . Big hugs and continued healing vibes and recovery dust!!!

Thank you @kipari. Your good wishes are always appreciated. And right back at ya. Hugs.

I haven't been able to be online today, but my thoughts have been with you constantly. So glad Greg is home and in his own bed. Thinking of you both and hoping tomorrow brings a reduction in pain. <3

Thanks @mrs-b. We have a long road ahead of us but thankful he is done with this surgery and looking forward to his (please) full recovery. I have thoughts about the parathyroid and am unhappy only half of one was removed. It doesn't make sense to me and I am very sure that in the future Greg will need more removed. But one day at a time. How are you? You are always in my thoughts. I am going to text you later.

@missy, I'm really glad to see the surgery went well and Greg was able to come home - I'm wishing him a speedy recovery and I hope he feels better very soon.

Thank you very kindly Junie. He is in more pain than I thought he would be. As soon as the markets open I want to go out and see what soft foods I can get him. My mom and dad wanted to bring food today but Greg is adamant that they stay home and I agree. These are not normal times. Just not being able to even see Greg after surgery when he was in recovery all those hours was so hard. The pandemic is far reaching and devastating in so many ways. This was Greg's third surgery during the pandemic and fifth surgery in 12 months. It's been a whirlwind year plus. Hope you and the family are doing well and hanging in there. We are going to all get through this.

:clap:Missy you and Greg are so strong. Get a good nights rest and prayers are still going out to you all.

Thank you so much @lambskin. Your good wishes are much appreciated.

Glad to see surgery was successful and Greg is well enough to go home tonight! I hope he has a quick recovery without much discomfort.

Thank you very much @mary poppins. I greatly appreciated you coming here with your good wishes.

Girls, thank you all. I hope I didn't leave anyone out and if I did it was accidental. I am sleep deprived but wanted to send my love and appreciation for all your warm and generous support and well wishes. Hugs to each and everyone of you. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Polabowla I am keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers every day. Hugs.

@GK2 I am keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers every day. Every single day. I want you to know we are here for you any way we can be. Sending you gentle hugs.

@MamaBee Thank you and your friends from me for keeping Greg in their prayers. XOXO.

@Austina thank you for all your generous loving support through the difficult times. Friends who are there for the hard times and not just the easy and good times.

@bling_dream19 thank you my sweet friend for always being here for us too. Much love being sent your way.

@Scandinavian thank you for your unwavering friendship. Hugs across the many miles.

@OdetteOdile thank you again. XO.

@MJ_Mac thank you. I didn't have the energy yesterday. Will catch up with you today. I so appreciate you reaching out and hoping your DH is fully healed and all is going smoothly and peacefully by you. What a crazy couple of years it has been. XO.

@marcy thank you always for keeping good thoughts for us. XO.

@canuk-gal thank you sweet Sharon. Your warm and generous support is greatly appreciated. XO.

@Daisys and Diamonds thanks so much and hugs to you.

I am forgetting people but know I am cognizant of each and everyone of you who offered your loving support online and off. Thank you!!! It really made a difference. I was feeling scared yesterday when I hadn't heard from the surgeon way past the time the surgery should have been over. And when I called the hospital and they said he was still in surgery. I was freaking out a bit. A big thank you to @rainwood for keeping me company and keeping me calm. XOXO.

I'll be back later. Hope everyone is having a good morning (or sweet dreams sleeping). Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg is awake and just wrote to me (he has to protect his vocal cords and not talk while he is healing for a while) why he is in so much pain. They had to intubate twice yesterday! The mechanism for the vocal cord sensors failed. Ugh. Poor baby. I knew this much pain wasn't normal. :(

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m keeping you and Greg in my thoughts. Healing vibes across the miles from Canada.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad they allowed Greg home yesterday @missy, it makes an enormous difference to be in your own home and bed. I’m sorry to hear he’s in so much pain still, poor love, I hope he’s got sufficient meds to manage it. You must be so exhausted not just from the early start, but all the anxiety of the day. Glad Rainwood was able to keep you company during your long wait. I must admit, I kept checking throughout the day to see if there was any news, as was getting worried when the hours passed. I didn’t really know how long the surgery would take, but I knew he was scheduled for 8.30am.

Please also try and get some rest when Greg does, I imagine he’s going to be feeling rough for quite a while, and relying on you.

Please do send him our very best wishes and let him know we’re willing him on to a speedy and complete recovery.

More painting going on here, we’re done for the week.

Some potentially exciting developments on the new home front, a lovely property has come up that could suit us very well. Adam’s going to do a drive by to scope out the area.

Big love and hug to all the NIRDI, hope things are going well for you.

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy the surgery went well but hate he’s in so much pain...I hope he is getting enough meds to help him. I have to go back and read everything you wrote again to make sure I got everything. I kept checking in here all day yesterday but I must have missed this just before bed. Good news he’s home. XO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad they allowed Greg home yesterday @missy, it makes an enormous difference to be in your own home and bed. I’m sorry to hear he’s in so much pain still, poor love, I hope he’s got sufficient meds to manage it. You must be so exhausted not just from the early start, but all the anxiety of the day. Glad Rainwood was able to keep you company during your long wait. I must admit, I kept checking throughout the day to see if there was any news, as was getting worried when the hours passed. I didn’t really know how long the surgery would take, but I knew he was scheduled for 8.30am.

Please also try and get some rest when Greg does, I imagine he’s going to be feeling rough for quite a while, and relying on you.

Please do send him our very best wishes and let him know we’re willing him on to a speedy and complete recovery.

More painting going on here, we’re done for the week.

Some potentially exciting developments on the new home front, a lovely property has come up that could suit us very well. Adam’s going to do a drive by to scope out the area.

Big love and hug to all the NIRDI, hope things are going well for you.

:wavey:

Thank you Austina and I am so glad you have exciting good news on the home front. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know what Adam thinks of this potential home.

And thank you so much for checking in and being concerned. I didn't want to bother anyone with my crazy worries. As the hours kept ticking away with no word from the hospital or surgeon my mind started going dark places. Especially because we knew going in there were anatomy issues that the surgeon was concerned about. And then I kept thinking omg what are they finding that is causing the surgery to go on for so many hours? Rainwood just got lucky or not depending on how you look at it haha. When you are in the states it will be easier to chat via phone for this technologically challenged individual that I am lol. Still haven't done a zoom call or Skype call but I digress.

I’m so happy the surgery went well but hate he’s in so much pain...I hope he is getting enough meds to help him. I have to go back and read everything you wrote again to make sure I got everything. I kept checking in here all day yesterday but I must have missed this just before bed. Good news he’s home. XO

Thank you Joanne! It was a harrowing day and Greg just told me he is in excruciating pain. That is from someone who has a high pain threshold. He isn't like the typical guy that way. His throat. He is refusing to eat. He said we will get pudding and ice cream (he doesn't like my dairy free ice cream) and he will try eating that. How long can he not eat? It's been over 36 hours since he hate. I am worrying. He is stubborn. I will try getting ice cream at least into him. Thank you for checking in and for your warm and caring support.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m keeping you and Greg in my thoughts. Healing vibes across the miles from Canada.

Thank you @Weecam. Your kind wishes are greatly appreciated. I believe in the power of collective good wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @missy, keeping him hydrated is the most important thing. People can go without food for longer than without water. Is he able to take in any fluids?

He isn't drinking. He is being very difficult. He used the word "excruciating" to describe his throat pain so I am not sure what to do. In a way I wish the hospital kept him so they could continue IV fluids. OK just asked him and he said he would drink water. Thanks @springerspaniel!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
You might also try ice chips (sometimes the cold feels better on throats) or ice pops.

If it seems like the pain will last a lot longer, you could consider offering Pedialyte at some point (although I have no idea what it tastes like)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might also try ice chips (sometimes the cold feels better on throats) or ice pops.

If it seems like the pain will last a lot longer, you could consider offering Pedialyte at some point (although I have no idea what it tastes like)

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Right now I feel like this.

:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Austina and I am so glad you have exciting good news on the home front. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know what Adam thinks of this potential home.

And thank you so much for checking in and being concerned. I didn't want to bother anyone with my crazy worries. As the hours kept ticking away with no word from the hospital or surgeon my mind started going dark places. Especially because we knew going in there were anatomy issues that the surgeon was concerned about. And then I kept thinking omg what are they finding that is causing the surgery to go on for so many hours? Rainwood just got lucky or not depending on how you look at it haha. When you are in the states it will be easier to chat via phone for this technologically challenged individual that I am lol. Still haven't done a zoom call or Skype call but I digress.

Thank you Joanne! It was a harrowing day and Greg just told me he is in excruciating pain. That is from someone who has a high pain threshold. He isn't like the typical guy that way. His throat. He is refusing to eat. He said we will get pudding and ice cream (he doesn't like my dairy free ice cream) and he will try eating that. How long can he not eat? It's been over 36 hours since he hate. I am worrying. He is stubborn. I will try getting ice cream at least into him. Thank you for checking in and for your warm and caring support.

@missy See if you can make him an icy smoothie...He may not be able to suck through a straw but can eat it with a spoon. Maybe you can get him some Ensure or other protein shakes and freeze it a bit until it gets slushy. Poor guy..
Can you call the surgeon and ask for better pain meds? If he gets heavy duty ones you have to be careful about getting blocked up..He can take something like Miralax with it. I would call the surgeon. He shouldn’t be in that much pain.

Last edited:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe when it's more comfortable for him to drink but still not able to eat he could drink Ensure or other nutrition drink.

Maybe the doctor can suggest something to soothe the throat?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results