shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Waiting to pick him up. He’s waiting for the hospital pharmacy to get him his meds. I spoke with the surgeon and it went well. Huge stone 9mm. Whew. Thanks for your support and company girls.

96B589FF-CC9D-48C8-9EF2-E67CEDD6429A.jpeg

Girl, that was a south sea pearl sized stone. Yeowwwch!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting to pick him up. He’s waiting for the hospital pharmacy to get him his meds. I spoke with the surgeon and it went well. Huge stone 9mm. Whew. Thanks for your support and company girls.

96B589FF-CC9D-48C8-9EF2-E67CEDD6429A.jpeg
Hang in there! I’m here for you <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That is a mother-lode-of stones! Glad it is gone!!! Healing vibes across the miles--hope Greg spends a comfortable and restful evening. Give him the meds @missy !!!!!

Heard from devastating news about some young family friends of ours--I can't share but it is life altering. 2020 just keeps on giving and taking away ;(;(;(;(.

My bathroom looks like an apothecary. Oh well, things will come to pass and heal.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That is a mother-lode-of stones! Glad it is gone!!! Healing vibes across the miles--hope Greg spends a comfortable and restful evening. Give him the meds @missy !!!!!

Heard from devastating news about some young family friends of ours--I can't share but it is life altering. 2020 just keeps on giving and taking away ;(;(;(;(.

My bathroom looks like an apothecary. Oh well, things will come to pass and heal.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks so much ❤️ I’m so happy he is safe and at home with me now.

I’m so sorry about your family friends Sharon :(
Sending you gentle hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9mm! :eek-2: @missy I hope he is now home and resting comfortably and I am so relieved it is over. ((Hugs))
Hi to all the NIRDIs! :wavey:

Thanks dear @Slick1
Hang in there! I’m here for you <3

Thank you @Scandinavian
Love your photos. Idyllic. ❤️

Girl, that was a south sea pearl sized stone. Yeowwwch!

Haha indeed. Thanks so much @MMtwo!

I looked down on my ACA because it’s 9mm. Yeowwwch is right!! TG it’s out!

Lol yes. Greg does nothing halfway. ;-)
Thanks sweet Joanne.
Hmmm maybe I should have asked to keep it and make a ring out of it :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t get back earlier @missy, it’s been one of those days! I know I don’t need to tell you that, but I’m so relieved that Greg‘s surgery went well, and that you’ve collected him. Hopefully he’s resting peacefully and pain free now, and oy to the 9mm stone, what a whopper. One day at a time, you’re going to get through this, overwhelming as it all seems at the moment. I’m sure you’ll be having a restful weekend after all this, and boy do you both deserve it.

Oh no @Sally Brown, that sounds nasty, I hope you’re back on an even keel now until your surgery.

Glad your medical appts are nearly all done @canuk-gal, I’m sure it’ll be a relief to get that over with. I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s bad news.

Continuing good thoughts coming your way @Keeliamira, I hope you’re feeling stronger with each passing day. Wow, what a find, it’s really lovely and unusual.

Hi @springerspaniel, hope things are good with you and the pups. How’s your paper coming along?

What a lovely photo of the furries @Scandanavian, they look so sweet together.

I hope all is well with you @Slick1 and you’re keeping safe and well.

Oh my goodness @MMtwo, the wheels of bureaucracy turn exceedingly slowly, and this pandemic has really affected those most in need. I do hope your friend can get the help he needs.

I hope C is doing better @MamaBee and that you’re all keeping well. Is David getting excited about Christmas?

I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but it’s getting late here. Adam and Kim have just returned from taking Breakfast to meet his prospective adopters dog. It went very badly, she attacked him and bit his ear, poor little thing is bloodied and scared. He’s gone home with Adam & Kim, and they’ll keep fostering him. Adam said it’s freezing at the shelter, so they wouldn’t leave him there.

I’ll catch up properly tomorrow, big hugs to you all. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t get back earlier @missy, it’s been one of those days! I know I don’t need to tell you that, but I’m so relieved that Greg‘s surgery went well, and that you’ve collected him. Hopefully he’s resting peacefully and pain free now, and oy to the 9mm stone, what a whopper. One day at a time, you’re going to get through this, overwhelming as it all seems at the moment. I’m sure you’ll be having a restful weekend after all this, and boy do you both deserve it.

Oh no @Sally Brown, that sounds nasty, I hope you’re back on an even keel now until your surgery.

Glad your medical appts are nearly all done @canuk-gal, I’m sure it’ll be a relief to get that over with. I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s bad news.

Continuing good thoughts coming your way @Keeliamira, I hope you’re feeling stronger with each passing day. Wow, what a find, it’s really lovely and unusual.

Hi @springerspaniel, hope things are good with you and the pups. How’s your paper coming along?

What a lovely photo of the furries @Scandanavian, they look so sweet together.

I hope all is well with you @Slick1 and you’re keeping safe and well.

Oh my goodness @MMtwo, the wheels of bureaucracy turn exceedingly slowly, and this pandemic has really affected those most in need. I do hope your friend can get the help he needs.

I hope C is doing better @MamaBee and that you’re all keeping well. Is David getting excited about Christmas?

I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but it’s getting late here. Adam and Kim have just returned from taking Breakfast to meet his prospective adopters dog. It went very badly, she attacked him and bit his ear, poor little thing is bloodied and scared. He’s gone home with Adam & Kim, and they’ll keep fostering him. Adam said it’s freezing at the shelter, so they wouldn’t leave him there.

I’ll catch up properly tomorrow, big hugs to you all. :wavey:

Oh @Austina that is awful. That made me sad. Sending healing vibes to that pretty little velvet ear.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I've been thinking about you guys today, and I am so happy to hear that it went well! Wishing Greg a speedy recovery!

@canuk-gal I'm very sorry for the devastating news you received.

Hello to all the NIRDI ladies!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Not well enough to respond to everyone; but I did want to check w @missy how Greg is feeling & recovering. Sounds like it was a huge stone.
I can only wish everyone that the light & magic of this holiday season should spill onto the rest of the year, with hope, health & happiness for all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and thank you again! You are the best. It means so much to me knowing you are all rooting for Greg and wishing him well. Big hugs to each and everyone of you.

I’m so relieved that Greg‘s surgery went well, and that you’ve collected him. Hopefully he’s resting peacefully and pain free now, and oy to the 9mm stone, what a whopper. One day at a time, you’re going to get through this, overwhelming as it all seems at the moment. I’m sure you’ll be having a restful weekend after all this, and boy do you both deserve it.

Thank you sweet @Austina your well wishes and good thoughts are always so appreciated. I feel privileged we got to meet in person and looking forward to happier times for all of us and more GTGs. I am going to entice you and the other ladies to come to NYC when life gets easier and the pandemic calms down and since you will hopefully already be in the states it will be easy. Hugs.

Ugh I am so sorry what happened to Breakfast and hope Adam and Kim will decide to adopt him and no matter what I know they will take good care of him and give him lots of love and attention. Maybe it is meant to be that he stay with them. Sending Breakfast and Adam and Kim many good wishes and wishing Breakfast a speedy recovery physically and emotionally too. XOXO.

@missy I've been thinking about you guys today, and I am so happy to hear that it went well! Wishing Greg a speedy recovery!

Thank you sweet @OdetteOdile your good wishes are so appreciated. Greg is doing OK. He was up every hour to pee because the stent the surgeon had to put in makes him very uncomfortable and puts a pressure on his and the urge to pee is great. But he's been through this before and he will be fine despite it being a bit uncomfortable now. Last December after the same surgery (for another huge stone) the surgeon put in the stent and unfortunately it had to stay in for 6 months! Due to Covid so hoping this time it can come out within a few weeks. :pray: Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season and a good new year to come. May it bring good health and happiness to all.

Not well enough to respond to everyone; but I did want to check w @missy how Greg is feeling & recovering. Sounds like it was a huge stone.
I can only wish everyone that the light & magic of this holiday season should spill onto the rest of the year, with hope, health & happiness for all!

Aww thank you for coming here to give your good wishes and kind comments. Greg is doing OK and I am just relieved the surgery is over and he is home with me. I know we might have surgeries ahead (in both our futures) but just taking it one day at a time. It's all we can do. Wishing you all the best and a happy and healthy holiday season and new year too. XOXO.

@Slick1 woohoo, have a great weekend and good luck to J and sending you love and hugs and thank you for all your warm support and love.

@bling_dream19 it's Caturday Saturday. Hope you and your sweet DH have a wonderful weekend and sending you lots of hugs and love.

Hi to everyone else. Happy Caturday Saturday. Speaking of cats Gracie is very naughty. She keeps knocking our model sailboat down and breaking it and Greg keeps fixing it. She is a very naughty girl. When we put up our tree I can only imagine the disaster that will ensue. LOL.

But how can you not love this face?
Last night when we were back home from the hospital Gracie and Greg were playing. Look at her fangs.:errrr: :P2

Grrrrrrrr
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.11.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.11.50 AM.png

Count Graciela. :lol:

Have a happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. It is raining cats and dogs here so we are staying put and letting Greg heal and recover. ((((HUGS)))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad to hear that Greg is doing OK at home @missy, although I’m sorry he’s so uncomfortable and having to get up so often to use the bathroom. That doesn’t make for a relaxing time. Hopefully the stent will be removed in a few weeks rather than months. When will you know if you have parathyroidism? Are there specific tests you can have for a definite diagnosis?

I’m also looking forward to the time when we can meet up again, hopefully once we’ve moved things will be a lot more normal and travelling will be the norm again. Gracie does look like a little devil in those pictures, hopefully her sharp little teeth aren’t causing any damage.

I hope you’re feeling better today @Polabowla, it’s miserable feeling ill.

I hope you‘re enjoying a lovely relaxing weekend @junebug17 and keeping safe and well.

Do you have any plans for the weekend @bling_dream19 or are you and DH going to have a lazy time?

How’re things with you @marcy, your weather sounds absolutely brutal, we’re complaining because it was down to 4 deg C yesterday.

So yesterday the electrician and kitchen fitter turned up. The electrician tested everything, and thought the problem might not be under the floor, but unfortunately when he’d finished all his tests, he concluded it definitely is. He thinks perhaps a rodent has chewed the cable, but honestly, we can’t see anywhere one could’ve got in. He tried to pull the cable from the outside, but he couldn‘t get it to shift. The kitchen fitter removed the centre drawer section of the island, but because the travertine was laid over the entire floor before the units went in, the floor layer just left a very neat hole big enough for the wires. The electrician said he didn’t have any tools with which to make the hole bigger, so eventually left and we’re still no further forward. The kitchen fitter came back later and put the island back together, and then we had to put everything back in the drawers and cupboards. So now we wait until someone can come and make the hole bigger for him to try again, and failing that, the floor has to come up for him to get at the cable. :roll:

I went out to get my hair cut and coloured, and when I got home, we discovered that the lights in our bedroom and bathroom weren’t working. We couldn’t understand why, because they hadn’t tripped at the fuse box. We rang the electrician and they sent someone straight over. He tested the wires and said that the power was on, then he jiggled the wires, and hey presto, the lights were working again, so we can only assume when the first electrician put the cover back on the fuse box, he knocked the wiring of the lights, which is the next fuse and affected the connection.

Poor little Breakfast had a horrible day yesterday, in addition to being attacked at the shelter, he was out in the garden with Adam and Kim, and went to the fence, and the next door neighbour’s dog bit his nose. Kim said the prospective adopters dog was very badly behaved, and when the ladies called Breakfast over, she went nuts and attacked him. He immediately ran away back to Adam and Kim. Adam said they’ll keep fostering him until a suitable adopter comes forward because it’s so cold at the shelter at the moment. Still time for him to win Adam over :mrgreen:

I have to go for a flu shot tomorrow, I don’t actually want one, but it’s necessary for my visa application, so we have to be up early to go to the drive through centre at the hobby airport.

Wishing all the lovely NIRDIs and safe and relaxing weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tree is up. Can you find Tommy? :lol:

9B1DF44B-94A1-44A0-BAF0-8F8DB3666E41.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I'm glad to hear Greg is doing okay. I'm hoping he can have the stent removed in just a few weeks this time, rather than months. I am sure you are taking the best care of your sweetheart.

In terms of the idea of a NYC gathering, I would love that. Honestly thinking of the fun of that is a light at the end of the tunnel of Covid. I would so love to meet you lovely ladies. I am too guarded to share much on a public forum, but in person, there is so much I'd love to share with you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm glad to hear Greg is doing okay. I'm hoping he can have the stent removed in just a few weeks this time, rather than months. I am sure you are taking the best care of your sweetheart.

In terms of the idea of a NYC gathering, I would love that. Honestly thinking of the fun of that is a light at the end of the tunnel of Covid. I would so love to meet you lovely ladies. I am too guarded to share much on a public forum, but in person, there is so much I'd love to share with you all.

Definitely!

Gracie has discovered the joys of Christmas tree climbing lol. I’m surprised it didn’t collapse. She’s a chunky monkey:lol:

38C56D28-70CD-4C2F-899D-F96476CC74A2.jpeg 24D335EE-37F7-42AB-A14B-5D1E5D4204B7.jpeg

:cheeky:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Gracie is adorable--just like the owl in the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree this year! I am so happy that you and Greg have gotten through this hurdle. I know there are more to come, but it must be nice knowing one thing is behind you. I don't get a chance to write much these days, but know that I think about you every day and keep you in my heart.

@Austina Is there anything else that could go wrong with your kitchen? What a journey you have had! My fingers are crossed for Adam and Kim to fall completely in love with Breakfast. How do you like your haircut and color, by the way?

@canuk-gal I am so sorry about the devastating news your family received. I do hope you are able to get some rest this weekend.

@Scandinavian you know I cannot resist dog pictures, and yours are the best! (Also your house pictures, but those just astound me--like "who lives in such a wonderfully decorated house?")

@OdetteOdile I am totally with you on a get together in NYC. I haven't been in a million years and really would like to meet all of the NIRDIs that can come!

@MamaBee (I love your Avatar!) I am hoping C will find his way at some point.

This week was interesting. We had more COVID patients than beds for a bit, and each day I came to work there were a few new faces (and yesterday, a basement full of backed up sewage, with toilets and water not working! Yoiu haven't lived until you've told your patients not to flush...) While I would not wish this pandemic on anyone, given that it exists, I am learning new things all the time, but I do come home exhausted.

And I know you have heard me say this before, but I am hoping this is the last weekend for writing this paper. Just the Discussion section left. Happy weekend to all the NIRDIs! I hope you and your families
keep doing safe stuff and remain symptom free.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Saturday!

@Austina oh no for having an arctic blast; we are surprisingly mild for December. Let’s hope Mother Nature isn’t about to ask us to “hold my beer.”. I totally get not putting up a tree and decorations because it is so much work. Darn you are going in to more lockdowns. Yay for a good report card from your physio; that is awesome. I hate to hear about the incidents with Breakfast, poor little guy. You and Colin are sure keeping busy with the house and going through things. Our weather isn’t bad (for now) - just chilly and windy. I bundled up to help Marty put up Christmas lights today though. Oh no the electrical problem might be in the floor; ugh. Good luck getting a flu shot.

@missy the kitties look comfy. Glad to hear surgery went well for Greg. Wishing him a speedy recovery. Ouch to a 9mm stone. I hope HRT helps you; I used the patch for a while but they bothered me (shocking I know) so quit. Oh no that you might have hyperparathyroidism too, I hope it turns out that isn’t so. I hate to hear your numbers are going up. Gorgeous cloud pictures. LOL to Count Graciela. Love the tree; it looks great. Too funny the picture of Gracie in the tree and yes I am surprised the tree is still standing.

@MMtwo nice that you DH is off and can decorate for you. I leave Marty “ignore” lists - that way if he doesn’t do them I can’t say he didn’t follow my list. Mmm chicken street tacos sound delicious. Sorry to hear you and your DH are at political odds; Marty and I are generally on the same page but my closest friend and I are often at tense odds. I’m with you on manipulation of the truth. It’s frustrating. I am an optimist and believe things will work out. Glad to hear things are a bit better for you. That’s great your son got his certificate; sending him mega dust for finding the perfect job. I hope your friend gets his SS and I am sure he appreciates all the help he gets from you and your husband.

@canuk-gal oh no for spending more time at the dentist. Hoping that is all behind you now. I occasionally pick up McD’s mostly for their fries. Shopping for huggies with a friend sounds really fun. I hate to hear about your family friends receiving awful news.

@Keeliamira I am so sorry you are in a lot of pain; I sure hope that gets better SOON. Good deal to be able to start working from home. My deepest sympathies for you and your husband for the loss of his father. That is kind of rotten his stepmother didn’t let him know. Your Cartier pencil is awesome.

@junebug17 I bet your DS appreciated you bringing him some food. That’s nice you went to SC for a while; that sounds great.

Hi @MamaBee, @OdetteOdile, @Polabowla, @bling_dream19

@SallyBrown I hate to hear you had a gallbladder attack and your sweet dog had to go to the vet several time. I hope both of you are doing way better now.

@Scandinavian great picture of sweet furbaby 1 and I love the 2 sweet furbabies sleeping together. Even the fog picture is pretty.

@Slick1 I hope you are doing well.

@springerspaniel what a week you’ve had. Sorry there are so many COVID patients and oh no to a backed sewer in the basement. Good luck finishing the writing part of your paper.

All but one of the parts for the Christmas lights outside arrived by yesterday. We have the lights on the house now but the connecting wiring to plug them all in won't be arriving until Monday. Marty was working for over 6 hours getting everything up. I was out there for over 4 hours. I put all the bulbs in the sockets and "helped" hand things up to Marty on the ladder. It was cold too for me at a28 degrees when we started with a very chilly wind. I get nervous when Marty is on the roof. I call it the "death zone" like that zone on Everest. Ha Ha.

I had to come in the house for about 20 minutes to change the 4K game with about 25 minutes to spare. Nothing like a last minute change. At least I warmed up for a while.

After the lights were all hung up we went out to eat lunch.

I am working on laundry but I decided (or my right knee has decided) to put off Christmas baking for another day.

I did get my Christmas cards ready to mail this week. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

Marty in the "Death Zone" on the roof; I get so nervous when he is up there
IMG_0769.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy I hope those lights are worth the heights!!! My friend and I had a productive day today shopping for diamond huggies. I could have picked up a few things along the way....LOL.:P2:kiss2: Also I saw some really well cut 4ctw stud earrings on a friend and I was fixated on her ears!! SO beautiful--way too large for me but oh so gorgeous.

@springerspaniel stay safe and well.

@missy that cat in the hat....errrr...tree...is so cute!!! Hope Greg is on the mend.

@Austina your kitchen is sending you a message....STOP cooking! Someday I hope my kitchen sends me the same message. I need a break!!!:lol-2:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal wow to seeing such huge and gorgeous studs. I am glad to hear you enjoyed jewelry shopping with your friend. I hope the lights are worth Marty being on our roof decorating the peaks and the top of the porch. We won't know until next week sometime what it actually looks like; hopefully he has time on Monday or Tuesday after the wiring shows up to get everything finished and plugged in together. Then he has to run the extension cord over the roof. I'm not brave enough to ask him if he is putting my little peanuts decorations out this year.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for some levity.

My nephew has been renovating my sister and BIL's house for a few years now; he works on it every Saturday sometimes fishing up some task on Sunday. They always tease him all the time about putting up Yelp reviews on his work. He is such a perfectionist everything looks great but he sent me this picture today that totally cracked me up.

nailedit.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI

@Slick1 @bling_dream19 @MamaBee and all the NIRDI I missed on post - Hi there. Hope you're doing well.

@canuk-gal I'm sorry to read your friends have had terrible news. I am sure these people are blessed to have you in their lives to help support them through this time. Cannot wait for 2021, maybe just the change of year will bring new hope.

@Austina poor Breakfast. That sweet boy has not had a good time of it. It is sweet that when times were bad he knew that Adam and Kim were there for him. Still...pretty traumatizing experience for the boy. I hope things go smoother for him!

I hope your electrical issues are soon remedied. The idea of taking up a floor is pretty over the top.
Hope your hair feels better and you like the cut and color. Sometimes that can really bring the spirits up. Thanks for the good wishes for my friend. He's hanging in there, 2020 style.

@Polabowla I hope you're feeling better today and continue to feel better.

@missy I am so glad that Greg is on the mend. Hope the discomfort lessens quickly and he can feel back to normal soon.

Gracie has the cutest fangs...or "toofs" as I affectionately call them. Sorry she is playing the Kraken to the poor boat. But kitties do what kitties do. Trees are splendid fun and obviously large cat toys. This makes Christmas so magical and entertaining. I switches to plastic ornaments along the bottom tree tier years ago. Jazzy is not very athletic...so just the low stuff is in peril. That and if I lay in bed too long in the morning he will walk onto the night stand and start throwing things on the floor...looking over to see if he's getting me to wake up. They can be such little monsters.

Gracie in the tree is adorable.

Hugs to you and hope the next week or two brings answers.

@OdetteOdile love the idea of a NYC meet up too. That would be fun!

@springerspaniel I am so sorry things are back into touch times for you. Thank you again for all you are doing for people. Hopefully the sanitation issues have been fixed. It never rains but pours. Good luck on your paper! I hope 2 or three months from now COVID is beginning to wane and things are starting to turn back to pre-COVID days.

@marcy Happy Saturday. The "ignore" concept is a complete win/win. Thanks for the good wishes for son, family stuff and the friend who is struggling. We'll get buy and things will get better. I am an optimist too. The other option is giving up...and nope, that is a terrible option.

Look, I am getting panic attacks watching your husband on the roof too. AGH. Seriously good for him up on the roof, but I would not be able to stay calm. We decorated at ground level today. We have this ridiculous weeping spruce at the side of the house we had planted two years ago. It is growing very well, but it looks like a bent up old man. It's a charlie Brown Christmas tree. Hubby draped it in lights and we added giant ornaments. I'll post a pic in daylight. Here is where we are now. The front door and sidelights are glass, so we draw drapes at night for privacy. I need a candle in the side window, I think.

InkedIMG_1307_LI.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo your house looks fabulous and I love the beautiful tree in the window. I totally enjoyed your story about Jazzy. Wake up Mom. i am glad to hear your are an optimist too. I am too stubborn to give up. I can’t stand to watch Marty crawl up on the roof or walk around up there but I stay outside just in case. It scares the crud out of me. Lucky he has no fear of heights. Too cute about your Charlie Brown tree. We had one that I called Marge because it was tall and thin so it reminded me of Marge Simpson‘s hair. Every year it looks dead and there is no chance it’s coming back this year then all of a sudden leaves appear.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@MMtwo your house looks fabulous and I love the beautiful tree in the window. I totally enjoyed your story about Jazzy. Wake up Mom. i am glad to hear your are an optimist too. I am too stubborn to give up. I can’t stand to watch Marty crawl up on the roof or walk around up there but I stay outside just in case. It scares the crud out of me. Lucky he has no fear of heights. Too cute about your Charlie Brown tree. We had one that I called Marge because it was tall and thin so it reminded me of Marge Simpson‘s hair. Every year it looks dead and there is no chance it’s coming back this year then all of a sudden leaves appear.

Thank you :) It helped the spirit a bit getting the lights up (okay, hubby did it, I went to Target for extension cords). I'll post a pic of the poor mangy tree tomorrow...it looks like it is trussed up with lights. I told hubby I should make a sign and put "Christmas 2020" below it. I still may.

Hubby doesnt have a fear of heights either...he flies over the house on the way to the hospital all the time (Medevac helicopter pilot). It's crazy...but that doesnt bother me at all. He climbs up a ladder to change the light bulbs and I can hardly watch. Somewhere along the way I have turned into my mother...all clucky, worry and warning parts of her.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@MMtwo I tend to be the errand girl when Marty is doing projects too. We are helpers, right? That is awesome your DH is a medevac helicopter pilot - he is a true hero! I'm with you on our guys climbing ladders to change light bulbs. It makes me very nervous too. I really hated his 100 mile drive to and from the airport during blizzards but he hasn't had to travel this year.

We went out for breakfast this morning, mailed our Christmas cards on the way home and picked up the wiring to hook up all the plugs and cords so our Christmas lights will have first light tonight. I am so excited to see how they look. I just know that the bulbs I screwed in crooked will be on the highest peak and Marty will have to climb up there again to fix them. Time will tell.

My sister stopped by for a visit and to bring us some farm fresh eggs. After she left I did my lifting and plan on reading the rest of the day.

Have a great day.
Marcy

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Farm fresh eggs...sounds so lovely! I hope the lights look okay. It's so lovely to drive down the street and look at the decorations.

Here is our Charley Brown tree. It needs a grinch or something.
20201206_160829.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MMtwo hopefully your Charlie Brown tree evens up and spreads out as it grows. Our Marge tree sure has a mind of it's own but it keeps growing every year. Marty tried pruning back branches; it didn't really help. I enjoy driving around and looking at Christmas lights; I usually take different routes coming home from work to see the lights but now I get off at 4:30 so not all of them are on yet. Darn. Yes, the fresh eggs from my sister's farm are quite tasty. It's nice she brings us some.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday sweet nirdis! I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Thanks for the shoutouts!
@Austina we had a great weekend and took my old car to my hubby's son. He was really grateful and it felt great to pay it forward. I had been wanting to give him a car for a long time. Today we put up some Christmas decor. And you are amazing in your house updates and renovations! I channel my inner you and @marcy when it comes to getting things done!
@missy Hi sweet friend! How is your darling Greg? He's been on my mind. I love your tree! You can keep it up all winter! My parents decorated a treat for my wedding last December and have kept it up all year in honor of us. 20200209_143101.jpg
Love and hugs to all you wonderful peeps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results