shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm really sorry to hear this latest news about Greg. I know it must all feel very overwhelming and alarming. Try to take things one step at a time. It's good he's getting the biopsy so soon and hopefully the results will come back quickly. I'm sending good thoughts and support to you both.

@Austina, great news about Colin.

@MamaBee, it's terrible C was given the wrong medication and I'm glad he's ok and feeling better.

@mrs-b, I'm sorry you and your dh are dealing with so much right now, take good care.

I'll be back soon to catch up...

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I know you have so many things on your plate right now..but wanted to wish you a Happy Hanukkah. My three year old grandson will light his first candle tonight. I went to visit them today through the window. It was cold for my mom but we stuck it out for forty-five minutes. They have a Christmas tree with lights in one window..and a menorah in the other window. ❤️

I found out the other day that my son C got the wrong medicine at his treatment center. They give you your meds in a cup. Evidently there are two people with the same first name and last name initial. The other man is a heroin addict so he gets medication for that. They gave them to C and my son’s meds to the other man. He had a really bad reaction freaking out. The psychiatrist and doctor were able to figure out what happened. How could this happen in this day and age. He feels better now that the other drugs are mostly out of his system...

brb

@MamaBee - that's shocking. I'm so sorry this happened!

I have a fairly extensive meds routine, and I'd say that, when I was in hospital, I'd be given the wrong thing, on average, about every second day. I always caught it, because I've had a lot of stays in hospital and I know this happens all the time, but my experience with drugs and the medical profession is a level of cavalier...ness... that's truly shocking.

I really am so sorry and appalled this happened to your boy. It just defies words. ox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy FriYAY! Hope all is going well. It's looking like a beautiful day here. Thank you all for your kind wishes and caring support. It means so much to me.

@missy - my friend - I just don't know where to start or what to say....

Firstly - big hugs. Big. HUGE. I mean - this is madness. I feel as tho you and I are really duking it out for worst year EVER. I don't think I mentioned that Tim was diagnosed a month or so ago with a very rare, genetic autoimmune disease that's been effecting his eyes for about 2 years now (untreated, it will send him blind. Maybe even with treatment. I guess we'll see...). He's been tested and all sorts of stuff perpetually for 2 years now and had symptoms for at least 5, getting worse over time. As for me, my back has deteriorated badly recently, so it looks like I may be getting my second round of spine surgery. And I need to start Humira - which I've really been trying to put off till i can get the Covid vaccine. But looks like I've reached a point where I just have to roll the dice and start it.

So - it's you and me and shittiest year EVER.

I just can't believe this latest turn of events for you and Greg. I mean - is there no end to this crap?? For some reason, perhaps because I was feeling pretty sore and fragile today anyway, when I read about Greg, I just wanted to put my head in my hands and cry. How did the kidney stone surgery go? I mean - seriously - on top of every other frigging thing.... My immediate response to Greg having Thy. CA. was - well - ok - thyroid cancer is one of the more manageable ones. Which is true. But reading about all the gland removal issues and ongoing treatment....yeah - not so great. So if my comments in my FB PM sounded overly optimistic, I do apologize; I am the last person in the world to minimize anyone's health issues.

So basically, I'm just going to shut up now, tell you I love you, and add this to my list of prayer topics.

Unreal.

Thank you so much @mrs-b I haven't looked on FB yet but I am sure your message was supportive and kind and generous and I appreciate it. I am so sorry all that you guys have been going through and I am sending continued healing vibes and much love your way. One day things will be sweeter and better for all of us and we have a bling shopping and coffee and baked goods date. XOXO.

@missy I know you have so many things on your plate right now..but wanted to wish you a Happy Hanukkah. My three year old grandson will light his first candle tonight. I went to visit them today through the window. It was cold for my mom but we stuck it out for forty-five minutes. They have a Christmas tree with lights in one window..and a menorah in the other window. ❤️

I found out the other day that my son C got the wrong medicine at his treatment center. They give you your meds in a cup. Evidently there are two people with the same first name and last name initial. The other man is a heroin addict so he gets medication for that. They gave them to C and my son’s meds to the other man. He had a really bad reaction freaking out. The psychiatrist and doctor were able to figure out what happened. How could this happen in this day and age. He feels better now that the other drugs are mostly out of his system...

brb

Thank you sweet Joanne and happy Hanukkah to you guys too. Unbelievable what happened with C. Negligent and so dangerous. Unacceptable. I am relieved he is OK. I am so sorry. Someone needs to be held accountable there and measures need to be taken that never happens again.

Hugs to you dear Joanne.

@missy I'm so very sorry to hear of Greg and your health issues, and sending you many tender (((hugs))). Hang in there, 2021 has got to be better.

Thank you @finerthings your kind words touch me and I appreciate you reaching out and sending good wishes our way. Happy holidays to you and may 2021 bring us all good cheer and good health.

@missy healing vibes across the miles. Thinking of both you and Greg while you grapple with all this news. Big hugs. BIG.

Thank you sweet Sharon. Much appreciated as always. And big hugs to you. It means so much to me you are here and that you care and I care about you too. And haha those Glamour boots rock. Now I have three pair and looking forward to wearing all of them. So far I have only worn the red but the white might quickly become a favorite too.

Oh @missy sending so many warm ((hugs)) and thoughts and prayers your way. You are near the best hospitals and I am confident that he will get the best advice and care possible. Will 2020 never end? Much love and prayers being sent your way always. ♥️♥️

Thank you sweet friend. As always I appreciate all your generous support and love and right back at ya. XOXO.

I’m so sorry @missy, this is absolutely the last thing you need. I know how frightening it is to hear the word cancer, especially when it’s someone you love so much. It’s comforting to hear from the others about the positive outcomes they’ve experienced and know of, so please take heart from that. It’s good that Greg can have the biopsy so quickly, even though it’s another hospital trip, another Covid test, and more waiting for results.

You’re going to get through this, as you have all the other trials you faced, side by side and together. Sending you both much love. xxx

Thank you so much @Austina and I appreciate all your generous and warm comments and love and sending you bucketloads of good wishes and lots of love too. Very relieved Colin is A OK and may all continue to go smoothly. Hugs.

@missy, I’m so sorry to hear Greg’s recent news. No one wants to hear the C word. But, as others have pointed out, it’s usually highly curable. Here is an article I came across:

As for the parathyroids, I had one removed. I had a sestamibi scan, which agreed with the in-office ultrasound. My surgeon actually examined all 4 glands during the operation, so in my case the sestamibi might not have been necessary.

The surgical opening was only 1.5 inches wide, pretty amazing given that the parathyroids are tucked behind the thyroid. As I mentioned, the surgery was really easy. I did have low calcium on and off for a couple of months after the operation. I knew this because I had some tingling around my mouth and fingertips whenever my serum calcium dropped. It’s very common after having even one gland removed. I just took calcium and vitamin D supplements and it resolved temporarily and, eventually, permanently. But having 3.5 glands removed might entail a lifetime of supplements, as Greg’s doctor said. I’m not sure. Having all 4 glands removed would definitely require that according to these doctors:

A question that comes to mind is the COVID vaccine. Is there a chance Greg could move closer toward the front of the vaccine line if he wants to?

Another question that comes to mind is, what are the pros and cons of having separate operations for the thyroid and parathyroids vs. having a single operation?

I‘ll post more if I think of things. But please take care of yourself too @missy! I’m not familiar with the familial condition you mentioned. Is it something you need to call family members about (for your benefit and theirs)? Do you need to pull out your family tree? See a geneticist? I know something about Jewish genetics (I’m half Ashkenazi by blood) and genetic health conditions can be a unique concern as you probably know.

Well, take care for now @missy. Huge hugs for you and Greg!

Dear @SallyBrown thank you from the bottom of my heart. Greg has hyperplasia of all 4 glands so that is a bit different I think than what you had. He has to probably have most of his parathyroids removed because hyperplasia affects the whole gland and ramps up production of all those bad things the body cannot handle.

I am reading more about it and it is looking like that endocrine surgeon knows what he is doing but we will see what the second opinion brings at the end of December. I just don't want lock down to make this a long 6 plus month delay but we have little control over this so we wait and see.

My main concern at the moment is his thyroid cancer. I want that thyroid out as soon as we can get it out and delays concern me. The hyperplasia of the parathryoids are bad but cancer scares me more. And to make the situation even more complicated if they have to remove his thyroid they should take care of the parathyroids at the same time to minimize neck scarring etc but I am not sure I want to wait to see what is going on with the parathyroids before we just take the thyroid out. But the surgeon wants to do all the tests for the parathyroids and do the surgeries at the same time and that means further delay of the thyroid removal. Which makes me uneasy. Oy. Sorry for the long winded explanation.

As for my issues again I cannot focus on me. I have to take care of Greg and what is happening with me I will look into at a later date. My bone continues to overturn at an incredibly fast rate and is breaking down and my endocrinologist is at a loss. I have started HRT and while I am not hopeful that will help I am willing to try it so let's see how that goes. Thank you for all your generous sharing of info. I really appreciate that. And wishing you good health and all that good stuff. XOXO.

Hi Missy,
He had it removed. It (some lurking thyroid cancer cells) came back several years later and they killed it again with the radioactive iodine. The lucky part of thyroid cancer is that the cells always uptake iodine...no matter where they go in the body. He just lives his best life and it is still in remission as far as I know.

I am glad he is in remission. Thanks for sharing and for your compassion and kindness. Hugs to
you @MMtwo.
@missy, I'm really sorry to hear this latest news about Greg. I know it must all feel very overwhelming and alarming. Try to take things one step at a time. It's good he's getting the biopsy so soon and hopefully the results will come back quickly. I'm sending good thoughts and support to you both.

Thank you Junie. I appreciate your kind wishes and support. I hope all is well by you. And you have a happy holiday season. Hugs.

@springerspaniel how did that paper go? How is your week going? And yay it's FriYAY! I hope you have time off to relax and enjoy and all is going well by you. Hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 hugs to you. Thank you for your kind and warm loving support. I am eyeing some studs haha. But not yet ready to pull the trigger... have a happy FriYAY! XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Thank you to all who have reached out here and offline too. I am anxious of course about all that is going on as much of it is out of our control but I remain hopeful too. Greg had his stent removed yesterday and feels much better. And he had to get another Covid test for the biopsy Tuesday. His third Covid test in 9 days. LOL and Oy to the Vey. But it is what it is and let's hope everything goes well and we can do what is necessary in a timely fashion and that Greg will be A OK. He is my everything and without him my life is nothing and that is truly how I feel. I know some of you will get that but I also know some of you might think that is sad. But I am just being truthful. With all my heart I say thank you for being here for me.

Today we hope to go cycling woohoo. Have a wonderful FriYAY and be safe and stay well. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, I totally understand where you’re coming from, you cannot spend a large portion of your life with someone without them becoming your everything, it’s not sad, it’s wonderful to feel that way about someone. I’m so glad Greg had his stent removed so that at least he’s comfortable in that area now. One thing done and now to move on to dealing with his thyroid issue. It’s always a good idea to get other opinions so you have all your bases covered, knowledge is power, and enables you to make the right decisions. It’s good that he’s having the biopsy on Tuesday, so the wait isn’t too long. Keep focusing on the end goal when the cancer will be gone and he’ll be on the road to recovery. I hate to hear that your ongoing issues are the gift that keep on giving. It’s worth trying anything to see if it helps, you never know, from what I read, there are many different HRT meds, so you may hit on one that does some good. Remember to take care of yourself too, Greg needs you strong too to get through this, and you will, of that I’m sure.

@MamaBee, I’m horrified to hear about C, that must’ve been a scary experience for him, thank goodness he’s OK. I hope his treatment is otherwise going well, and getting him on the road to a full recovery.

Thanks for the good thoughts @junebug17, I hope you and your family are doing well and keeping safe.

That’s so encouraging to hear @MMtwo, I’m sure when you’re in a similar situation, it helps greatly to know how well others have done.

@Sally Brown, I’m so glad to hear your thyroid surgery was successful and you’re doing well now. I can’t disagree with you, although we’ve always been big, hairy dog people, Breakfast is just gorgeous.

Thanks @canuk-gal for your good thoughts and wishes.

I plugged on and got the bedroom decorated, I’ve just got one hole to drill to get the new curtain pole up. Luckily I was able to use the 2 end holes, but the middle one from the original fixing was in a different position. Just finished painting the stairway down to the ground floor, and now I’m done! I’ll start again after Christmas, but I’m having a couple of weeks off now.

I took Colin to his appointment yesterday, we got there early, only to find the Dr was running 45 mins late, so I ended up sitting in the car, in the pitch black for 2 1/2 hours. The Dr did lots of tests, and Colin is OK, he’s wearing a 24 hrs monitor, but the Dr wasn’t concerned that it’s anything serious, so at least that’s reassuring.

When is this awful year going to be over? I just can’t believe the dreadful things that the lovely NIRDIs are dealing with.

Take good care sweet ladies :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls...I hope everyone had a restful night. Considering what most if us are going through we need our rest....
@missy Thyroid cancer grows so slowly so try not to worry too much about waiting for a little bit to get all the tests out of the way. I’m happy he got his stent out and he’s more comfortable. It would be great if you guys can get out for some cycling...Fresh air will be great for you both.
I hope the HRT helps you...I understand wanting to get Greg taken care of but don’t put yourself on the back burner...XO
@Austina I‘m amazed at how much you are accomplishing on your house. Your house will be so fresh when you put it on the market next year...hopefully darn Covid..Speaking of Covid....When do you think you will be able to get the vaccine? Will you hesitate to get it when it’s available to you?
@MMtwo Your Christmas lights are beautiful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you decorated your Charlie Brown tree. It’s so adorable...❤️ How is your son feeling?
@bling_dream19 Happy Anniversary! It’s so hard to believe how fast this year has gone!
That was so generous to give your car to your step-son. He must be so happy...Good step-mom points!
You acquired quite a beautiful jewelry collection this year. Have you been wearing your garnet? My birthday is in January...so my birthstone is garnet. I always disliked it because the only ones I saw were the muddy burgundy ones. I would love to have one like yours. It’s so beautiful and sparkly. Where did you purchase it? You call it a Dorothy garnet. Is that the real name? I’m thinking it comes from the color of Dorothy’s Ruby shoes in the Wizard of Oz...
@mrs-b You’ve had an unbelievable medical year...It sounds like you are doing okay now...I hope you are much better.
I‘m surprised that you also had issues where you were given the wrong medicine in the hospital. That is so shocking to me. His doctors told C to check that he gets the correct med every single time.
This reminds me of when I was in the hospital to have my middle son. I was sharing a room with another lady. I was supposed to get a pain shot..The lady in the next bed was supposed to get a shot to prevent her milk from coming in. When I was dry as the Sahara and she was feeling great...we realized what happened..I can laugh now but I wasn’t too happy then..
Hi to everyone...Bbl

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, Missy. Hopefully the worst of it will be behind you two very soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am so sorry to hear about Greg. Sending mega dust and hugs to both of you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And @missy I hope HRT helps you as well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 What a lovely gift for your step-son! I bet he's so happy. Your tree is lovely!

@marcy the house looks GREAT! That is precision work.

@Sally Brown thank you -my son is great. Back to normal. No after effects, minimal scarring. I hope you're doing okay.

@missy thank you! The lights helped cheer things up a little. I love your hair - it looks very natural.

I hope you can relax this weekend. I’ve been staying off my iPad and computer at night. Trying to relax instead of being hooked on a darn device all the time.

Those big round eyes look like coins. I think she is so cute!

@Austina hi there. Yup - I am proud of hubby....and then there is a pilot in a flight suit. That doesnt hurt either ;-) I love Breakfast's soft eyes and sweet face.

@Sally Brown hope the hospital trip is smooth sailing and quick.

@missy wow, that's quick. What great news. Glad the test is okay. I had posted on a different thread, but some OTC nasal sprays are under investigation for also being antiviral, and may be a addition to the defence when going in public. I have no idea how well it works, but it's cheap and easy to get.

It's great that he has that and can get in to get checked. Hopefully it's nothing major. Stay warm!

@marcy Ohh, a pretty ring . I like montana sapphires. I think they can color shift sometimes, which I find delightful too.

@missy so cute! They'll look great on you. Hope Greg is continuing to heal up and feel better. HUGS

@MamaBee thinking of you, ope things are well.

Hugs...and back to work for me. I may have periods MIA. Work is busy and sometimes I just become a vegetable in the evening after work.

((HUGS))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey sweet nirdis!
Thank you dear @missy No I'm not far along on Christmas shopping lol but anything goes this year so I'm trying not to stress plus it's our 1 year anniversary! Thank you for your sweet comments on my studs, have I talked you into some studs lol?! I love your beayiful white boots! Super cute! And you know I love your seasonal leggings! I wore Christmas leggings yesterday and loved them! I had a dr appt and decided to wear them and they made the day better. I must expand to more patterns! I'm thinking about you and Greg always.
@marcy Hi friend I love your sisters ring! Really pretty sapphire!
Shoutouts to all and love and hugs!

Thank you @bling_dream19 my sisters ring did look nice. She is thrilled with it. Marty and I already agreed no stocking stuffers this year. It is hard to wander stores now and look for treasures. Sweet your 1st anniversary is coming up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

@missy healing vibes across the miles. Thinking of both you and Greg while you grapple with all this news. Big hugs. BIG.

@Austina I am glad to hear Colin is OK!!!

Icy as heck outside--almost fell wearing my spiky boots! The lady in front of me had on your boots @missy !! They looked fabu.....

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

Glad you didn’t fall @canuk-gal It is icy here today too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I’m glad to read that your Colin is OK. Arrhythmias can be scary. I have a benign one that I can feel a few times a day and I still get startled after 30 years. I hope his cardiology appointment went well!

@MamaBee I hope you are doing well managing the Graves. You‘re brave to have had a biopsy while wide awake. I’m not sure if I could do that without popping a handful of Ativan!

@MMtwo That’s great news that your son is fine after his emergency gallbladder removal. Also that there was minimal scarring. Thanks for your kind words. And I’m glad your niece and her SO are only suffering mild COVID symptoms.

@mrs-b Hugs to you and your husband. May 2021 be much kinder to you.

@marcy Your delicious menu makes me want to get the darned gallbladder out tomorrow. No Christmas cookies for me this year. Maybe some low fat eggnog. I’m going to watch the Charlie Brown special this weekend on Apple+. Heck, maybe I’ll throw caution to the wind and watch it twice this year. I always look forward to it. That and pulling out my Hallmark Peanuts ornaments and picking out next year’s calendar:
1607641951538.jpeg

Best wishes and hugs to anyone I may have missed!

Good idea @SallyBrown to watch Charlie Brown Christmas twice. I watched it once this week but I wasn’t in the best of moods when I watched it so will watch it again. Speaking of Peanuts and Calendars - Do you know Tom Everhart’s peanuts art? We have several pieces and we met him one time. A very nice man, I was in heaven.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

brb

How awful to switch the medicine @MamaBee that could have been really bad.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, I totally understand where you’re coming from, you cannot spend a large portion of your life with someone without them becoming your everything, it’s not sad, it’s wonderful to feel that way about someone. I’m so glad Greg had his stent removed so that at least he’s comfortable in that area now. One thing done and now to move on to dealing with his thyroid issue. It’s always a good idea to get other opinions so you have all your bases covered, knowledge is power, and enables you to make the right decisions. It’s good that he’s having the biopsy on Tuesday, so the wait isn’t too long. Keep focusing on the end goal when the cancer will be gone and he’ll be on the road to recovery. I hate to hear that your ongoing issues are the gift that keep on giving. It’s worth trying anything to see if it helps, you never know, from what I read, there are many different HRT meds, so you may hit on one that does some good. Remember to take care of yourself too, Greg needs you strong too to get through this, and you will, of that I’m sure.

@MamaBee, I’m horrified to hear about C, that must’ve been a scary experience for him, thank goodness he’s OK. I hope his treatment is otherwise going well, and getting him on the road to a full recovery.

Thanks for the good thoughts @junebug17, I hope you and your family are doing well and keeping safe.

That’s so encouraging to hear @MMtwo, I’m sure when you’re in a similar situation, it helps greatly to know how well others have done.

@Sally Brown, I’m so glad to hear your thyroid surgery was successful and you’re doing well now. I can’t disagree with you, although we’ve always been big, hairy dog people, Breakfast is just gorgeous.

I plugged on and got the bedroom decorated, I’ve just got one hole to drill to get the new curtain pole up. Luckily I was able to use the 2 end holes, but the middle one from the original fixing was in a different position. Just finished painting the stairway down to the ground floor, and now I’m done! I’ll start again after Christmas, but I’m having a couple of weeks off now.

I took Colin to his appointment yesterday, we got there early, only to find the Dr was running 45 mins late, so I ended up sitting in the car, in the pitch black for 2 1/2 hours. The Dr did lots of tests, and Colin is OK, he’s wearing a 24 hrs monitor, but the Dr wasn’t concerned that it’s anything serious, so at least that’s reassuring.

When is this awful year going to be over? I just can’t believe the dreadful things that the lovely NIRDIs are dealing with.

@Austina I hope Colin’s monitor comes out okay. It has been one heck of a year. Nice to get so much done on the house but good idea to take some time off for Christmas. Ugh to waiting in the car that long. My bladder can’t handle that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for he multiple quotes and posts. I’m at work and using my mini iPad. Long week of work, I’ve been baking some and reading this week. Cold and snow came back with a vengeance last night - you remember I said Mother Nature was going to come by and say “hold my beer”. Marty said he slid around a lot this morning but my car did fine. Now my parking out front has generated some comments. I tried to park close to the curb so I didn’t have to step out in deep snow, apparently I’m parked some in the sidewalk and parked crooked. At least none of Marty’s friends are here today to send him a picture. I told my boss you know Porsches are hard to steer. I can barely corner in that thing. Ha ha.

Take care
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy

Oh Honey, this is a mountain of information for you to work through. When you have two diagnoses, I would think a tie-breaker opinion would help. Although the surgeon may have seen something that would add to the regular endo's opinion.

My ex husband had thyroid cancer. He fought it a couple of times and it was more nuisance than threatening. He was told if you had to pick a cancer to have, it would be thyroid. He would have radiation treatments with iodine when it would grow. 10 years later and he is doing fine, although we don't keep up anymore.

I am so, so sorry that this has hit you both right now. Sending hugs and hopes that your way becomes clear soon.

PS: Almost forgot...we're doing okay. Not much new. My niece and her S/O have COVID, but they are young and it is apparently hitting them in a very mild way.

@MMtwo I am sorry to hear about your niece and her SO, hope they recover quickly. Cases are going down again which is good.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - my friend - I just don't know where to start or what to say....

Firstly - big hugs. Big. HUGE. I mean - this is madness. I feel as tho you and I are really duking it out for worst year EVER. I don't think I mentioned that Tim was diagnosed a month or so ago with a very rare, genetic autoimmune disease that's been effecting his eyes for about 2 years now (untreated, it will send him blind. Maybe even with treatment. I guess we'll see...). He's been tested and all sorts of stuff perpetually for 2 years now and had symptoms for at least 5, getting worse over time. As for me, my back has deteriorated badly recently, so it looks like I may be getting my second round of spine surgery. And I need to start Humira - which I've really been trying to put off till i can get the Covid vaccine. But looks like I've reached a point where I just have to roll the dice and start it.

So - it's you and me and shittiest year EVER.

I just can't believe this latest turn of events for you and Greg. I mean - is there no end to this crap?? For some reason, perhaps because I was feeling pretty sore and fragile today anyway, when I read about Greg, I just wanted to put my head in my hands and cry. How did the kidney stone surgery go? I mean - seriously - on top of every other frigging thing.... My immediate response to Greg having Thy. CA. was - well - ok - thyroid cancer is one of the more manageable ones. Which is true. But reading about all the gland removal issues and ongoing treatment....yeah - not so great. So if my comments in my FB PM sounded overly optimistic, I do apologize; I am the last person in the world to minimize anyone's health issues.

So basically, I'm just going to shut up now, tell you I love you, and add this to my list of prayer topics.

Unreal.

@mrs-b sorry to hear you’ve had an awful year too. Hoping for a far better new year for you, your family and all of us.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How awful to switch the medicine @MamaBee that could have been really bad.

Thank you @marcy He was so scared...He couldn’t understand why he felt so weird. TG the doctors were able to figure it out. I’m sure they checked because it happens a lot. I didn’t realize it did until friends have told me they knew people that had this happen to them...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

I’m glad the doctor thinks Colin is okay. That‘s a good idea he is wearing a holster monitor. That’s awful you had to sit in the dark for 2.5 hours. Too bad you couldn’t drive home for a bit. I’m taking my mom for a derm appt on Monday...her 95th birthday. It was the only appt I could get..lol They are letting me go in with her...She touches everything so I’ll be watching her like a hawk. I think her Basal cell C came back. I hope not...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Austina, great news about Colin.

@MamaBee, it's terrible C was given the wrong medication and I'm glad he's ok and feeling better.

@mrs-b, I'm sorry you and your dh are dealing with so much right now, take good care.

I'll be back soon to catch up...

Thank you @junebug17 XO

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Happy FriYAY! Thank you for the shoutouts and anniversary wishes:bigsmile:
@missy thinking about you always, my heart is hurting what you all are going through. I hope you were able to have a good day. Sending love and big hugs.
@mrs-b I'm thinking about you as well. It's hard to have the right words but just know I'm thinking about you and your husband and sending prayers.
@MamaBee The garnet from my Dorothy ring is from Finewater Gems - it's cut in a hearts and arrows round and I think that helps it to be sparkly! I hope you find a garnet that makes your heart sing=)2
Love and hugs to all!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Happy FriYAY! Thank you for the shoutouts and anniversary wishes:bigsmile:
@missy thinking about you always, my heart is hurting what you all are going through. I hope you were able to have a good day. Sending love and big hugs.
@mrs-b I'm thinking about you as well. It's hard to have the right words but just know I'm thinking about you and your husband and sending prayers.
@MamaBee The garnet from my Dorothy ring is from Finewater Gems - it's cut in a hearts and arrows round and I think that helps it to be sparkly! I hope you find a garnet that makes your heart sing=)2
Love and hugs to all!

<3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday. So 2020 keeps on giving. I got a call yesterday at noon cancelling Greg's biopsy because the surgeon was exposed to Covid 19. Oy.

I called the second opinion surgeon's office at Lenox Hill hospital and moved Greg's appt up to December 15th. No biopsy since this is the initial but it's better than nothing. Right now Greg's biopsy is tentatively scheduled for January 6th. Cannot make this stuff up.

That is my update.

We did manage to have a lovely Friday cycling and it was beautiful. Rain today but hey we are in December so any cycling is a bonus.

@MamaBee thank you dear Joanne. Thanks for sharing your story which I knew but forgot. It gives me hope. We don't know how long Greg has had this growing and it could be decades so I am concerned and frustrated the biopsy is delayed but we are doing what we can do and praying for the best. Hugs to you and I am relieved all is going well by you and C is A OK. People can be so careless and it can cost lives. Stay well and safe and big hugs.

@Austina aww thank you for understanding. I knew you would. Hugs to you and Colin and woohoo on all the progress you are making. Sweet the bedroom is complete.

@bling_dream19 thank you sweet friend. It means a lot to me and right back at ya. I care about you and sending many good wishes your way too. XOXO.

@seaurchin thank you kindly. One day at a time. Hugs to you and hope all is going well by you.

@marcy dear friend thank you for your warm and wonderful wishes. Have a great weekend. Big hugs.

@canuk-gal I cannot stop myself lol. I got a second pair of Olang Glamour in Red. Red is my fave pair and well having two pairs is my MO so there you go. I will bring that one to Brooklyn. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@mrs-b keeping you and T in my thoughts and prayers. Things will get better for all of us I hope. Sending you hugs and love.

@Slick1 dear friend be well and enjoy a great weekend. Hope J and everyone is doing well. Hugs.

@MMtwo hope you have a wonderful weekend. XO.

@SallyBrown hope all is going well and you enjoy a lovely weekend. Hugs to you.

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday lovelies. Hugs and love.

Leaving you with a cycling scene from yesterday. Hope you enjoy.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 7.13.48 AM.png

And a silhouette photo too.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 7.14.23 AM.png

Love you ladies. Enjoy a happy Caturday Saturday. Meow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snoopychristmas.jpg

I thought this picture might make you smile. :sun:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone! For some reason I do not receive alerts on updates (or sometimes when I am tagged) in this particular thread! I'm not sure why that is going on. Anyway, I want to pop back in here and read more extensively, but @missy I am so sorry to read all the updates on Greg!! Oh my goodness you two have been through so much. I know you are giving him all the love and support he needs. He is a strong man and I know he is going to do awesome with surgery and recovery. I'm so happy that you are so dedicated to working out as I think that is the very best thing for you to manage your stress at this time. Please know I am thinking of you and Greg.

@mrs-b I am so sorry to hear the news regarding your husband's eyes as well as your back. You too have been so many health battles. I'm hoping and praying that 2021 brings wonderful updates and news for you. I know you are a strong couple and will weather every storm together.

@MamaBee I'm so sorry that they mixed up the medicine. That is scary!!! Completely unacceptable. I hope it never happens again. Can your son be on the lookout in case the pills looks slightly different?

Have to run now (busy household), but will be back later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone! For some reason I do not receive alerts on updates (or sometimes when I am tagged) in this particular thread! I'm not sure why that is going on. Anyway, I want to pop back in here and read more extensively, but @missy I am so sorry to read all the updates on Greg!! Oh my goodness you two have been through so much. I know you are giving him all the love and support he needs. He is a strong man and I know he is going to do awesome with surgery and recovery. I'm so happy that you are so dedicated to working out as I think that is the very best thing for you to manage your stress at this time. Please know I am thinking of you and Greg.

Thank you so much @OdetteOdile. Greg is calm and cool and I am trying to be the same. He is always my rock and I have to be his rock despite it being in my nature to be anxious. So remaining calm and collected and doing what we can. Obviously we have zero control over what the hospitals will allow and also zero control over who gets Covid 19. So one day at a time and I know in my heart it will all work out. But yeah the unknown is scary and I am doing my best to control those scary thoughts.

Hugs to you and thank you for all your good wishes and for keeping us in your thoughts. XO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

The ONE good thing about all of this for Greg is the same thing that's true for me: he'll go to the front of the queue for the Covid vaccine. That might not sound that fabulous, but - imagine being able to leave the house safely! Imagine being able to go to the dr or to hospital with no risk! I would LOVE to be able to get on a plane and see my LA family at the moment. Or go to a restaurant. Or just leave the damn house! What a gift that would be! And if this combination of illnesses and diseases allows me to do that, then I figure I've paid my dues and done my time with sickness and there should be SOME pay off! So I'm hoping Greg's drs are on it and have his name at the top of the list for vaccination.

I'm trying not to get ahead of it all with Greg's prognosis, and just see what happens as far as his diagnosis and treatment goes. I've had thyroid disease on and off for some years, and have had to have regular thyroid biopsies, and they've talked through thyroid removal and treatment with me many times. I haven't had to go down that path as yet - for which I'm thankful - and it sounds like a pain and a massive inconvenience. But it does sound doable and I'm sure they'll find a path forward for him that's annoying to you both, but which will see Greg alive and well for many, many years.

I'm thinking of you both and am praying for a positive outcome - both for his health, your health, and everyone's stress.

And if you happen to see this post, I've sent you something that should arrive today - this morning, in fact. So that's just a heads up. ox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

The ONE good thing about all of this for Greg is the same thing that's true for me: he'll go to the front of the queue for the Covid vaccine. That might not sound that fabulous, but - imagine being able to leave the house safely! Imagine being able to go to the dr or to hospital with no risk! I would LOVE to be able to get on a plane and see my LA family at the moment. Or go to a restaurant. Or just leave the damn house! What a gift that would be! And if this combination of illnesses and diseases allows me to do that, then I figure I've paid my dues and done my time with sickness and there should be SOME pay off! So I'm hoping Greg's drs are on it and have his name at the top of the list for vaccination.

I'm trying not to get ahead of it all with Greg's prognosis, and just see what happens as far as his diagnosis and treatment goes. I've had thyroid disease on and off for some years, and have had to have regular thyroid biopsies, and they've talked through thyroid removal and treatment with me many times. I haven't had to go down that path as yet - for which I'm thankful - and it sounds like a pain and a massive inconvenience. But it does sound doable and I'm sure they'll find a path forward for him that's annoying to you both, but which will see Greg alive and well for many, many years.

I'm thinking of you both and am praying for a positive outcome - both for his health, your health, and everyone's stress.

And if you happen to see this post, I've sent you something that should arrive today - this morning, in fact. So that's just a heads up. ox

Oh my goodness you are the sweetest @mrs-b! It just arrived and Greg came upstairs as I was lifting weights and said something has arrived for me. I had no idea. You are too kind and thank you for the lovely card too. It means so much to me. Truly. I can't say I didn't cry. But for once they were happy tears. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 10.26.05 AM.png

They are gorgeous. Thank you for bringing cheer to our day.

❤️

Sending you love and healing wishes.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

❤️

Sending you love and healing wishes.

Accepted gratefully. :)

And you are very welcome! I love purple and lime together, and happy tears are the very best. Big HUGS to you!

I'm currently sitting in my living room with my back on an ice pack. <sigh> I see the neurosurgeon on December 22nd, and I'm hoping she clears me for surgery asap. This isn't going to get any better; I remember how it was when I had my last disc surgery - it had started impacting all kinds of things, as it has now, and it sort of improves a tiny bit...then gets worse again - each time worse than the time before. I'm still able to walk around, tho there's a fair bit of limping and discomfort going on, and things like sitting are becoming difficult. When I had the first surgery they were very open and direct about it; they told me it would last 15 to 20 years, and that then I'd have to have it again. Well, it's been 16 years, and here we are. So - the sooner the better, I say!

And I'm very impressed that you're lifting weights! That's some real determination, right there! Well done. :)) I'm about to do a gentle yoga class. Unfortunately, at this point in time, that's about all this back runs to. On the up side, tho, I had 8 hours sleep last night - which is extraordinary for me, so I actually feel very chipper, despite the back and the gut and wanting to throw up every minute of every day. When you're not exhausted, life just looks good.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Accepted gratefully. :)

And you are very welcome! I love purple and lime together, and happy tears are the very best. Big HUGS to you!

I'm currently sitting in my living room with my back on an ice pack. <sigh> I see the neurosurgeon on December 22nd, and I'm hoping she clears me for surgery asap. This isn't going to get any better; I remember how it was when I had my last disc surgery - it had started impacting all kinds of things, as it has now, and it sort of improves a tiny bit...then gets worse again - each time worse than the time before. I'm still able to walk around, tho there's a fair bit of limping and discomfort going on, and things like sitting are becoming difficult. When I had the first surgery they were very open and direct about it; they told me it would last 15 to 20 years, and that then I'd have to have it again. Well, it's been 16 years, and here we are. So - the sooner the better, I say!

And I'm very impressed that you're lifting weights! That's some real determination, right there! Well done. :)) I'm about to do a gentle yoga class. Unfortunately, at this point in time, that's about all this back runs to. On the up side, tho, I had 8 hours sleep last night - which is extraordinary for me, so I actually feel very chipper, despite the back and the gut and wanting to throw up every minute of every day. When you're not exhausted, life just looks good.

Oh no @mrs-b I had no idea you need surgery on your back. I feel so bad for all the things you’ve had to endure medically this year. I’m also sorry your hubby is also having problems with his eyes. This has been the year from hell...Actually 2019 wasn’t a peach either. I hope you’ll soon be back to a pain free back...and settled tummy..I really thought your meds were helping with your tummy issues..BIG HUGE but gentle hugs...
I hope everyone that has been having issues with anything has a wonderful pain free, stress free, and healthy year in 2021. ❤️

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results