shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! For some reason I do not receive alerts on updates (or sometimes when I am tagged) in this particular thread! I'm not sure why that is going on. Anyway, I want to pop back in here and read more extensively, but @missy I am so sorry to read all the updates on Greg!! Oh my goodness you two have been through so much. I know you are giving him all the love and support he needs. He is a strong man and I know he is going to do awesome with surgery and recovery. I'm so happy that you are so dedicated to working out as I think that is the very best thing for you to manage your stress at this time. Please know I am thinking of you and Greg.

@mrs-b I am so sorry to hear the news regarding your husband's eyes as well as your back. You too have been so many health battles. I'm hoping and praying that 2021 brings wonderful updates and news for you. I know you are a strong couple and will weather every storm together.

@MamaBee I'm so sorry that they mixed up the medicine. That is scary!!! Completely unacceptable. I hope it never happens again. Can your son be on the lookout in case the pills looks slightly different?

Have to run now (busy household), but will be back later.

@OdetteOdile Thank you..Yes C’s doctors told him to check every single time they give him his meds. To be honest I never checked what the nurse gave me when I was in the hospital. I will from now on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Accepted gratefully. :)

And you are very welcome! I love purple and lime together, and happy tears are the very best. Big HUGS to you!

I'm currently sitting in my living room with my back on an ice pack. <sigh> I see the neurosurgeon on December 22nd, and I'm hoping she clears me for surgery asap. This isn't going to get any better; I remember how it was when I had my last disc surgery - it had started impacting all kinds of things, as it has now, and it sort of improves a tiny bit...then gets worse again - each time worse than the time before. I'm still able to walk around, tho there's a fair bit of limping and discomfort going on, and things like sitting are becoming difficult. When I had the first surgery they were very open and direct about it; they told me it would last 15 to 20 years, and that then I'd have to have it again. Well, it's been 16 years, and here we are. So - the sooner the better, I say!

And I'm very impressed that you're lifting weights! That's some real determination, right there! Well done. :)) I'm about to do a gentle yoga class. Unfortunately, at this point in time, that's about all this back runs to. On the up side, tho, I had 8 hours sleep last night - which is extraordinary for me, so I actually feel very chipper, despite the back and the gut and wanting to throw up every minute of every day. When you're not exhausted, life just looks good.

Aww I’m sorry about your back. Don’t be impressed by me lol. I’m lifting small weights. Nothing like our resident weight lifter @marcy. But I do try. And fwiw I’ve gained weight and hopefully it’s muscle.

Hope you enjoy a good yoga session and yes to a good night’s sleep. It really does make a world of difference.

(((Hugs))).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee I can’t imagine how scary that was to get the wrong medicine and feel weird; sadly like you said I am sure that happens more than we’d like to think. As for me - most medicine doesn’t stay in my stomach long enough to do much to be other than make me sick. I swear you could set your watch by how long codeine stays down - 15 minutes on the nose. I am with you hoping 2021 leaves all of this as nothing but a bad memory. That is an excellent idea to ask the nurse “what is that” before taking anything.

@bling_dream19 those hearts and arrows garnets from Finewater gems do look amazing. I love garnets.

@mrs-b sending you hugs and hoping you are having a good weekend. I sure hope you can leave your house and do all of those wonderful - normal everyday things soon. That was so nice of you to send @missy such pretty flowers. I hope they can schedule your disc surgery soon; I hate to hear you are in so such pain and discomfort. Yay for a decent night of sleep.

@missy sending you hugs too; glad you were able to go cycling. No you can’t make all of this stuff up; 2020 is like a big black cat walked in front of all of us, we all broke a giant mirror and karma mistook us as someone who needed payback. I love the peanuts gang picture. I think I’ll watch Charlie Brown Christmas again tonight. I am glad @mrs-b was able to brighten your day. Woo hoo for gaining weight and of course it has to be muscle. I am inching my weights up again.

@OdetteOdile I hope you are doing well and you got to relax some today. It’s only me and Marty and I’ve been busy doing household stuff most of the day. I have a second batch of dishes to run through the dishwasher later but that’s all I plan on doing the rest of the day.

I cooked a roast in the crock pot and made mashed potatoes for supper. Tomorrow is homemade soup day. We had snow and it got really cold. Nice layer of ice everywhere. I had a hair appointment this morning so I had Marty drop me off at the door and come pick me up about an hour later. Worked great. He has some buddies coming over tonight for poker.

I did get the laundry done today. I did a batch Tuesday but it was still more than normal; I can tell it’s cold because we are wearing more clothes.

I have not given Marty any ideas of what I want for Christmas and keep telling him I want another sapphire ring so he made the mistake of telling me I can order one. Sadly now I didn't spend that much on him. My new ring will arrive Thursday.

It's 1.54 carat sapphire (7.54 x 5.77 mm), the ring is YG with 2 round (.22 ctw) and 2 baguette diamonds (.15 ctw). I am so excited. I’ve wanted another YG blue sapphire since right after Christmas.

1607824184433.png

Take care.
Marcy

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Good morning lovely ladies and happy FriYAY! Hope all is going well. It's looking like a beautiful day here. Thank you all for your kind wishes and caring support. It means so much to me.

Thank you so much @mrs-b I haven't looked on FB yet but I am sure your message was supportive and kind and generous and I appreciate it. I am so sorry all that you guys have been going through and I am sending continued healing vibes and much love your way. One day things will be sweeter and better for all of us and we have a bling shopping and coffee and baked goods date. XOXO.

Thank you sweet Joanne and happy Hanukkah to you guys too. Unbelievable what happened with C. Negligent and so dangerous. Unacceptable. I am relieved he is OK. I am so sorry. Someone needs to be held accountable there and measures need to be taken that never happens again.

Hugs to you dear Joanne.

Thank you @finerthings your kind words touch me and I appreciate you reaching out and sending good wishes our way. Happy holidays to you and may 2021 bring us all good cheer and good health.

Thank you sweet Sharon. Much appreciated as always. And big hugs to you. It means so much to me you are here and that you care and I care about you too. And haha those Glamour boots rock. Now I have three pair and looking forward to wearing all of them. So far I have only worn the red but the white might quickly become a favorite too.

Thank you sweet friend. As always I appreciate all your generous support and love and right back at ya. XOXO.

Thank you so much @Austina and I appreciate all your generous and warm comments and love and sending you bucketloads of good wishes and lots of love too. Very relieved Colin is A OK and may all continue to go smoothly. Hugs.

Dear @SallyBrown thank you from the bottom of my heart. Greg has hyperplasia of all 4 glands so that is a bit different I think than what you had. He has to probably have most of his parathyroids removed because hyperplasia affects the whole gland and ramps up production of all those bad things the body cannot handle.

I am reading more about it and it is looking like that endocrine surgeon knows what he is doing but we will see what the second opinion brings at the end of December. I just don't want lock down to make this a long 6 plus month delay but we have little control over this so we wait and see.

My main concern at the moment is his thyroid cancer. I want that thyroid out as soon as we can get it out and delays concern me. The hyperplasia of the parathryoids are bad but cancer scares me more. And to make the situation even more complicated if they have to remove his thyroid they should take care of the parathyroids at the same time to minimize neck scarring etc but I am not sure I want to wait to see what is going on with the parathyroids before we just take the thyroid out. But the surgeon wants to do all the tests for the parathyroids and do the surgeries at the same time and that means further delay of the thyroid removal. Which makes me uneasy. Oy. Sorry for the long winded explanation.

As for my issues again I cannot focus on me. I have to take care of Greg and what is happening with me I will look into at a later date. My bone continues to overturn at an incredibly fast rate and is breaking down and my endocrinologist is at a loss. I have started HRT and while I am not hopeful that will help I am willing to try it so let's see how that goes. Thank you for all your generous sharing of info. I really appreciate that. And wishing you good health and all that good stuff. XOXO.

I am glad he is in remission. Thanks for sharing and for your compassion and kindness. Hugs to
you @MMtwo.

Thank you Junie. I appreciate your kind wishes and support. I hope all is well by you. And you have a happy holiday season. Hugs.

@springerspaniel how did that paper go? How is your week going? And yay it's FriYAY! I hope you have time off to relax and enjoy and all is going well by you. Hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 hugs to you. Thank you for your kind and warm loving support. I am eyeing some studs haha. But not yet ready to pull the trigger... have a happy FriYAY! XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Thank you to all who have reached out here and offline too. I am anxious of course about all that is going on as much of it is out of our control but I remain hopeful too. Greg had his stent removed yesterday and feels much better. And he had to get another Covid test for the biopsy Tuesday. His third Covid test in 9 days. LOL and Oy to the Vey. But it is what it is and let's hope everything goes well and we can do what is necessary in a timely fashion and that Greg will be A OK. He is my everything and without him my life is nothing and that is truly how I feel. I know some of you will get that but I also know some of you might think that is sad. But I am just being truthful. With all my heart I say thank you for being here for me.

Today we hope to go cycling woohoo. Have a wonderful FriYAY and be safe and stay well. XOXO.

Hi again @missy. I’m about to hit the sack, but I’ve been thinking about you and Greg a lot tonight. I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

You’ve mentioned numerous endocrine issues each of you has/possibly has and also a genetic condition you may have. Has your endocrinologist scheduled any genetic testing/genetic counseling? I’m not an expert, but I know sometimes one gland issue can be related to another gland issue through a single genetic cause.

OK, I don’t want to overstep my bounds, so I’m going to sign off. It was a long day dealing with my sick 11 year old puppy but we finally got an answer for her medical problems - pituitary Cushing’s Disease. More gland issues :(

Hang in there Missy! We’ll get through these medical problems, COVID be damned! I still don’t know if I’ll be able to get my surgery, but as you always say, one day at a time, one hour at a time! XOXO

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again @missy. I’m about to hit the sack, but I’ve been thinking about you and Greg a lot tonight. I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

You’ve mentioned numerous endocrine issues each of you has/possibly has and also a genetic condition you may have. Has your endocrinologist scheduled any genetic testing/genetic counseling? I’m not an expert, but I know sometimes one gland issue can be related to another gland issue through a single genetic cause.

OK, I don’t want to overstep my bounds, so I’m going to sign off. It was a long day dealing with my sick 11 year old puppy but we finally got an answer for her medical problems - pituitary Cushing’s Disease. More gland issues :(

Hang in there Missy! We’ll get through these medical problems, COVID be damned! I still don’t know if I’ll be able to get my surgery, but as you always say, one day at a time, one hour at a time! XOXO

I am so sorry about your sweet puppy and I hope her disease can be successfully managed.

Please know you cannot overstep your bounds because I know it is from your heart and I greatly appreciate it.

The surgeon mentioned genetic testing for me. But not for Greg since he has hyperplasia of the parathyroids which is not linked (as far as I know) to a genetic disease. But my hyper calcium might be. However since if that is what I have there is no treatment I am not in a rush to do all that and I want to take care of Greg first.

We have a long road ahead of us and one thing at a time. I am very worried that the cancer in Greg's thyroid has been growing for decades and since we don't know the stage cancer it is we cannot say definitively yes all will be well. Yet here we are stuck waiting fora biopsy.

I know you get it and I know your heart goes out to us as mine does to you. I hope you can get your surgery as originally scheduled and I hope Greg can get his surgery as soon as possible and that both you and he recover fully. At this point (in my mind) the parathryoids take a back seat though I know the neck surgery should all be done together due to scarring and risk to the larynx and all the other structures in the area.

It's a very difficult situation and I just have to do the best I can and pray the hospitals don't close to cancer surgeries. I cannot believe they deem cancer surgery elective. Something is seriously wrong with health care in general if that is really how it goes down.

OK I am off my soap box lol. Thanks for listening and I am sending bucketloads of healing dust to your sweet pup. Big hugs and have a good Sunday Sally.

@missy sending you hugs too; glad you were able to go cycling. No you can’t make all of this stuff up; 2020 is like a big black cat walked in front of all of us, we all broke a giant mirror and karma mistook us as someone who needed payback. I love the peanuts gang picture. I think I’ll watch Charlie Brown Christmas again tonight. I am glad @mrs-b was able to brighten your day. Woo hoo for gaining weight and of course it has to be muscle. I am inching my weights up again.

I just read an article that explained what I am doing vs what you are doing re weights. I am going to start mixing it up now. I have been doing smaller weights that I can lift 10 times for three sets. Now I am going to add heavier weights that I can only lift 6 times. And alternate. I will never get to what you are lifting but physically I can't. I could train and work for years and I wouldn't be able to. So I am enjoying hearing about your lifting adventures and please continue sharing. Thanks for enjoying the peanuts picture. I knew you would that's why I shared it. And @mrs-b is such a sweet and wonderful woman. I mean she brightened my day and weekend and beyond and really touched my heart with her generous and thoughtful gift. You girls are all the best and give me strength and energy and positive energy. I know we will all get through this challenging time. I pray we will be whole.

I cooked a roast in the crock pot and made mashed potatoes for supper. Tomorrow is homemade soup day. We had snow and it got really cold. Nice layer of ice everywhere. I had a hair appointment this morning so I had Marty drop me off at the door and come pick me up about an hour later. Worked great. He has some buddies coming over tonight for poker.

I did get the laundry done today. I did a batch Tuesday but it was still more than normal; I can tell it’s cold because we are wearing more clothes.

I have not given Marty any ideas of what I want for Christmas and keep telling him I want another sapphire ring so he made the mistake of telling me I can order one. Sadly now I didn't spend that much on him. My new ring will arrive Thursday.

It's 1.54 carat sapphire (7.54 x 5.77 mm), the ring is YG with 2 round (.22 ctw) and 2 baguette diamonds (.15 ctw). I am so excited. I’ve wanted another YG blue sapphire since right after Christmas.

I am excited for your new sapphire. Beautiful. Don't worry about spending as much on him. It doesn't work that way. He wants you to be happy and he loves you as you do him and what one spends on the gift is not important as long as it is from the heart. Be careful in the ice. You need a pair of Olang boots girl. I have four and I could send you one but I think my huge feet would make that impractical as it would fall off your feet. LOL. Glad you did all your laundry. Sweet. Have a good Sunday. XOXO.

@mrs-b how is your back feeling? How did yoga go yesterday? I have the flowers front and center so I can enjoy them all day. The colors make me happy. You did bring beauty into the house and words cannot express how much I appreciate your caring support and love. And I am continuing to send you lots of healing vibes and good wishes and lots of love. XOXO.

@OdetteOdile how is your weekend going? I hope everyone is well by you and you are enjoying some fun weekend time together. Big hugs.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a good weekend. XOXO.

@Slick1 I have a feeling you will get the ring back. I hope I am right. Big hugs to you sweet friend.

@bling_dream19 how are you doing? I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend. I wore my dreidel leggings for the first time yesterday. They arrived Friday and Greg altered them for me yesterday morning and I wore them on our walk yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful afternoon after the morning rain. Made it feel good to be alive how mild the temps were and how beautiful the scenery is around here. Glorious. I hope you are enjoying a glorious weekend my dear friend. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.

Greg and I went on a walk/hike yesterday afternoon after the rain had cleared. Gorgeous afternoon. It was in the high 50s F and very light wind which is rare around here. Today we are hoping to cycle. I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Sunday. Big hugs to you girls.

Leaving you with a photo of our beautiful December afternoon yesterday at the Jersey Shore.
I hope one day I can share this with all of you in person.
Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 6.17.30 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee how is your weekend going? Big hugs to you sweet friend.

@Austina hope Colin is feeling well and almost done wearing his halter monitor. And that all shows everything is fine. Hugs to both of you.

I just wanted to share a few more pics now that I am looking at the photos we took yesterday.

We saw deer all over. It was so heartwarming to see them enjoying peace and quiet now that the crowds are gone and all that is left is tranquility and beautiful stillness.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 6.17.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 6.18.00 AM.png

Look at my handsome husband. How can I not be crazy over the moon in love with him? He exudes love and good energy and all that is wonderful.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 6.18.36 AM.png

And lastly I will leave you with a photo of my dreidel leggings. They make me smile.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 6.32.37 AM.png

Enjoy a peaceful and positively beautiful Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are wonderful photos, @missy!

Back is better today, but still sore. Gorgeous day here, too, so I'm planning to get out walking as soon as I finish posting here. You can't afford to miss days like this in December!

@marcy - thank you for those kind thoughts! What soup did you make? I'm doing curried chicken and vege today - we'll see how my gut tolerates it....

@MamaBee - your story about the pain shot mix up in hospital when you were there to have your son...good lord...I'm glad you've got a sense of humor!!

@bling_dream19 - thank you so much for the kind thoughts. And YAY for anniversaries! Congratulations! <3

@OdetteOdile - I think I'm more worried about Tim's eyes than I am about anything to do with me. About 5 years ago, very rarely, he'd wake up and the white of one of his eyes would be blood red. I mean BLOOD red. The whole thing. It completely freaked us out the first time it happened. Then it would be the other eye. Or sometimes it would start with one eye - subside - then switch as the first one was going down. Then he started getting 'lightning flashes'. Then pain, blurriness, floaters, then decreasing field of vision....then it would pass. Then it wouldn't come back for 6 months. Or sometimes 2 weeks. I mean, there was just no rhyme or reason for it and he tested negative for EVERYTHING. And then we found - years later - that his father had been having eye issues for years. But "definitely not what you've got, Tim - definitely not that." Except that, turns out, his dad thought it wasn't the same thing because what Tim has is very rare, and his dad had just never been tested for it and had his own eye issues misdiagnosed for years! So - it *is* the same thing, and his dad was sort of retroactively diagnosed because Tim just had better doctors who cast a wider net and he got the right diagnosis, which he then passed on to his dad. So now they're both getting treatment - one here in Boston, and one in Australia. Tim is the center of my existence, and my sun rises and sets with him. So I need him to be strong and well, and I put a lot of focus into keeping him in tip top condition and loving life. Does that sound odd? Perhaps it does. But to me, it's what being a good wife is all about. He pours his energy into making me feel safe and supported and not stressed. So we balance each other and motor along together pretty well.** :))

But for now, we're not motoring - we're walking! And we'd best get going. Have a lovely day, ladies! :wavey:

** This is a massive understatement.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b and @missy, a few years and a couple of husbands ago, I would not have had any idea what you two were talking about regarding your spouses. Even with this husband 2 years ago, I would have said you were living in la-la land. But I am fortunate enough to understand now. What is life for, if not for us to be supporting each other and to recognize and bring out the best in each other? I am sitting at my desk, still working on that damn paper, but I can smile when I suddenly see that David has put a giant Woodstock wearing a Red Sox baseball cap on the edge .

What impresses me the most about all of you NIRDIs is that, despite the major life struggles you have all been going through, way more than anyone should have to deal with, you all still possess such warmth, kindness and love that you give so readily to others. You are so inspirational and I think about you daily, @missy, @Austina, @mrs-b, @canuk-gal, @MamaBee, @marcy, @Sally Brown, @MMtwo, @bling_dream19, @Slick1, @Scandinavian, @OdetteOdile, @seaurchin, @Polabowla.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
@MamaBee I’m so sorry your son got the wrong medication. I hope it‘s completely out of his system now and he’s back on track. Hugs!

@Austina I’m glad Colin is doing well on his monitor. Also that you met your painting goals. I’m a good house painter but it took me FOREVER to paint the stairs in our last house. I don’t blame you for taking a Christmas break!

@marcy How cool that you met Tom! His Peanuts art is so unique!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a very difficult situation and I just have to do the best I can and pray the hospitals don't close to cancer surgeries. I cannot believe they deem cancer surgery elective. Something is seriously wrong with health care in general if that is really how it goes down.

Try not to worry. Not even COVID-age-health care can be that stupid!

And lastly I will leave you with a photo of my dreidel leggings. They make me smile.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 6.32.37 AM.png
You - and the leggings - both look wonderful :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Blast of cold weather here; -18C. Ugh. Luckily it is supposed to be short lived. I am staying in today.

@missy--lucky you have fine weather!!! Wearing a leather coat in December, unreal.
@marcy--lovely ring for you! Luckily gift exchanges are not tit-for-tat events.
@Austina --I am sure the readings from Colin's Holter will be benign.
@springerspaniel --keep up the good work!!

NIRDI shout out!!! Stay well!!!!

Mikimoto 11.8mm A+ South Sea Pearl Diamond Gold Flower Earrings (oakgem.com) :kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@SallyBrown I hope your puppy is doing better today. Poor little thing. It was very cool to meet Tom. He had a showing in Denver and we bought a few artist prints that day. Since we were out of town they invited us to dinner with him and some other clients. Marty sat right by him and I was next to Marty. He actually drew a page in the art dealer’s journal for the owners son. It was fascinating to watch him draw. After dinner people were leaving and I wanted to use the restroom before hitting the road for the 2 hour drive home and Tom waited for me to say goodbye and even kissed me on the cheek. I told Marty if he’d been a jerk I wouldn’t have liked his art much anymore.

@missy it’s sad there are so many conflicting ways on lifting. Marty has us do 3 sets of 5 or if you are finding that weight hard do 5 sets of 3. I guess no matter what it all helps. I know he says to add weight all the time; which I don’t. I go through spells on that. I lifted this morning. I am hoping all these challenging times for you and all of the NIRDI’s get worked out and taken care of sooner than later. I know it’s tough to try and not worry or get stressed about things we cannot control. Ugh. Glad you have a lovely walk and your pictures are lovely. Enjoy your Olang boots.

@mrs-b sweet that your back is better today and it’s nice enough for a walk. How did your chicken soup turn out? I made beef, veggie, noodle soup and some cornbread. It was quite tasty on this cold, snowy day. That is scary about Tim’s eyes. I have a scar on my left macula that impairs my vision and a few years ago I got an edema in that eye; it really messed up my vision and was very scary. It’s better now but that macula scar is like a gray, blurry smudge right in the middle of my field of view in that eye; makes for low resolution vision.

@springerspaniel yes the NIRDI’s remind of that old saying; when the going gets tough the tough get going. Glad your husband is supportive and you 2 bring out the best in each other. Good luck with your paper. I live Everhart’s older pieces than his new modern ones. I had to get Rage Rover and it’s hung over Marty’s chair at the table. That is Marty driving for sure.

@Scandinavian has you snow started piling up yet? I think my front yard drift might be permanent till May now.

@canuk-gal that is a good thing your cold spell is short lived; ours seems to be here for a while. It keeps snowing too. Not heavy snow but just keeps piling up.

Marty’s poker game went well; or it must have because they were playing cards until the wee hours of the morning. Marty slept in a guest bedroom so with earplugs I did manage to sleep okay. I pulled out the earplugs at about 2 am thinking Marty must have gone to sleep in another room only to hear them talking and laughing so I stuck the earplugs back in. Yay for silence. We both got up about 7:30. Marty just went to bed and it’s only 6 pm. He’ll be up at 2 am. Poor guy doesn’t sleep much.

I seemed to be in the kitchen a lot today, washed the table cloth as well and did my lifting this morning. I had to fill my flour canister and was delighted the 12 pound bag of flour is no longer a challenge to hold up and pour in to the canister. Little things like that are such a treat.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leaving you with a photo of Breakfast, he’s just too cute, and look how handsome he is in his smart coat.

He sure has won my heart!

Here is my sister’s new ring.

jring.jpg
you’re just trying to make me jealous. Lol. Naughty girl

1607824184433.png

Oooooooh how wonderful!

@Scandinavian has you snow started piling up yet? I think my front yard drift might be permanent till May now.

Some snow but I fear it is not permanent. Raining today...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I've really done it! I've been off PS - lotsa things happening, the election, how PS wouldn't allow political discussion so pissed me off I decided to take a long break and being Grannie and get thru this Covid which for the last 4 months or so has really depressed me. Miss my son, miss going out to eat, miss living. So I have been busy with house stuff.. we are going to move in somewhat this coming Saturday, John and mike moved 1/2 of our stuff up to the new house - I shall never ever ever ever ever build another house, it's hell.

@missy have missed you and think of you every day.. just been absorbing life I guess - we know it's all about me! I got up early today to log in and see and share what's new. love you.

@MamaBee hey how's you and the fam? xoxo

@junebug17 Hi Junie! missed you and hope all is well. xoxo

@Calliecake Hi Callie, better times ahead! missed you. xoxo

@marcy Look forward to read your and hubs shenanigans and hope you are having nice weather! xoxoxo

@Austina getting chilly here, last night hit around 1C and I love it, be up around 15.5C today.. makes me feel somewhat Christmasy. miss you and can't wait for the vaccine's to allow you to get here!. xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 how's life on the east coast? look forward to reading back and seeing if you got anything new! xoxo

@springerspaniel hi springer! hope everything is going well for you and your fam! xoxo

@Slick1 hey girlie! sending hugs of love your way.. xoxo

I can't get to my pix, google is screwed up, I'm gonna post this to ensure everyone knows i'm back! i'll be back when the server is up.. jeeeze louise. sheesh.. xoxoxoxo

@Scandinavian hi Scandi! xoxox

@MarionC Happy Birthday! tomorrow! miss you. xoxox

I feel at the house site and sprained my ankle and hit my head on a rock, I survived! obviously but I was out for a while, and couldn't walk blah blah.. I'll show you a pix of my head, basically I'm going to post a pix. I'm to just give a hello to everyone and start reading after I apologize for being gone, but I've just been out of it I guess.. no jewelry, the house so far has cost us 150K more than we budgeted, that sucked and we aren't done yet. meh, blah, yuk.

So soon America will be a bit happier I hope.. missed you all and will be doing better once I get to the new house and get settled, we haven't done anything for Christmas, no tree, no decorations, it's not christmas without Chris and plus i'm moving 5 days b4 Christmas.. oh well. Sorry this one is all about me, I just wanted to say hola! and I'm back..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies and happy Monday. How did Monday get here so fast?

@mrs-b and @missy, a few years and a couple of husbands ago, I would not have had any idea what you two were talking about regarding your spouses. Even with this husband 2 years ago, I would have said you were living in la-la land. But I am fortunate enough to understand now. What is life for, if not for us to be supporting each other and to recognize and bring out the best in each other? I am sitting at my desk, still working on that damn paper, but I can smile when I suddenly see that David has put a giant Woodstock wearing a Red Sox baseball cap on the edge .

What impresses me the most about all of you NIRDIs is that, despite the major life struggles you have all been going through, way more than anyone should have to deal with, you all still possess such warmth, kindness and love that you give so readily to others. You are so inspirational and I think about you daily, @missy, @Austina, @mrs-b, @canuk-gal, @MamaBee, @marcy, @Sally Brown, @MMtwo, @bling_dream19, @Slick1, @Scandinavian, @OdetteOdile, @seaurchin, @Polabowla.

@springerspaniel thank you for your kind and wonderful words. I am glad you know what we mean regarding our spouses and are experiencing that kind of love. Big hugs and much love to you.

These are wonderful photos, @missy!

Back is better today, but still sore. Gorgeous day here, too, so I'm planning to get out walking as soon as I finish posting here. You can't afford to miss days like this in December!

@marcy - thank you for those kind thoughts! What soup did you make? I'm doing curried chicken and vege today - we'll see how my gut tolerates it....

@MamaBee - your story about the pain shot mix up in hospital when you were there to have your son...good lord...I'm glad you've got a sense of humor!!

@bling_dream19 - thank you so much for the kind thoughts. And YAY for anniversaries! Congratulations! <3

@OdetteOdile - I think I'm more worried about Tim's eyes than I am about anything to do with me. About 5 years ago, very rarely, he'd wake up and the white of one of his eyes would be blood red. I mean BLOOD red. The whole thing. It completely freaked us out the first time it happened. Then it would be the other eye. Or sometimes it would start with one eye - subside - then switch as the first one was going down. Then he started getting 'lightning flashes'. Then pain, blurriness, floaters, then decreasing field of vision....then it would pass. Then it wouldn't come back for 6 months. Or sometimes 2 weeks. I mean, there was just no rhyme or reason for it and he tested negative for EVERYTHING. And then we found - years later - that his father had been having eye issues for years. But "definitely not what you've got, Tim - definitely not that." Except that, turns out, his dad thought it wasn't the same thing because what Tim has is very rare, and his dad had just never been tested for it and had his own eye issues misdiagnosed for years! So - it *is* the same thing, and his dad was sort of retroactively diagnosed because Tim just had better doctors who cast a wider net and he got the right diagnosis, which he then passed on to his dad. So now they're both getting treatment - one here in Boston, and one in Australia. Tim is the center of my existence, and my sun rises and sets with him. So I need him to be strong and well, and I put a lot of focus into keeping him in tip top condition and loving life. Does that sound odd? Perhaps it does. But to me, it's what being a good wife is all about. He pours his energy into making me feel safe and supported and not stressed. So we balance each other and motor along together pretty well.**

But for now, we're not motoring - we're walking! And we'd best get going. Have a lovely day, ladies!
:wavey:

** This is a massive understatement.

Dear @mrs-b I get it and I feel for you both. Keeping you and Tim in my thoughts always. Tim is your everything as Greg is mine and I know life really wouldn't mean much for us without them. It's a double edge sword loving another so much. I am glad your back is better and I hope that continues and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and Tim. You might remember I was in the eye field and I know specialists. If you can message me Tim's specific details re his condition let me see who I can find that might be in a position to help. Of course he probably is already getting the best help available but just in case you feel another opinion could be helpful I am here for you. Glad you are walking and enjoying being outside. And I hear you on balancing each other out. They are our rock and we are theirs. Or at least I try to be...big hugs and much love to you dear @mrs-b. XOXO.
@missy--lucky you have fine weather!!! Wearing a leather coat in December, unreal.

Huge snowstorm heading our way. Our good weather has ended...for now. They are predicting over 12" I believe. Luckily I have my Olang boots lol. Hope you are having decent weather Sharon. Stay warm.

Try not to worry. Not even COVID-age-health care can be that stupid!

You - and the leggings - both look wonderful :)

Thanks Scandi. How are you and the kids doing? How is your mom faring? Keeping you all in my thoughts. Hugs and love to you.

@marcy thanks for the lifting info. Yes it varies and I think mixing it up is good for our muscles and overall fitness health. I believe one's goals affect how one's weight routine goes but mixing up sets and different weights is good for overall. I think. Today is weights for me so I am going to try heavier weights today with fewer repetitions and see how it goes.

Poor Marty and his sleep. I feel for him. I started HRT and have not yet noticed any changes in my sleep pattern but remain hopeful. This gyn think the progesterone will help me but so far no. I am taking only 100mg and am directed to increase to 200 if it doesn't help in 2 weeks. We shall see.
Hope Marty got a good night's sleep last night. And woohoo for enjoying poker games.

I am impressed you can pour 12 lbs of flour with no problem. Your weight lifting is certainly paying off. Sweet. Have a wonderful Monday. How did Monday get here so fast? Hugs.

@SallyBrown how is your sweet pup doing? What are your treatment plans for her? Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and big hugs. XOXO.

@MMtwo how are you and how was your weekend? Hugs.

@Austina thinking of you and hoping you had a splendid weekend. When are you thinking you can get the vaccine? Hugs.

@OdetteOdile hope you had a wonderful weekend and everyone is doing well. Hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 hugs to you sweet friend. How are you and your DH doing? Happy anniversary. XOXO.

@MarionC happy birthday tomorrow. XOXO.

@Bayek oh no, how are you? I am so sorry you had that accident and I am sending you bucketloads of healing dust and much love. Hang in there girlie. You rock but no more tripping on rocks ok? I am sorry building the house has been so difficult and I hope you are in the home (haha get it home) stretch. And you look back on this and glad you did it and glad it is over. I hear you on missing your loved ones. Same. Love you. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. We got to cycle yesterday and what a beautiful day it was. Today is the beginning of some nasty weather. Snowstorm galore. Winter is here. We have not yet reached 9k on the bike but we are 100 miles away...not sure we will get to that goal before next year but we shall see. Cannot control the weather nor snowstorms etc. But we have had some pretty sweet weather up to this point so no complaining.

Have a wonderful Monday girls. Big hugs.
Leaving you with a photo of where we stopped to have a snack mid ride yesterday. We made it all the way to Mantoloken yesterday. One last hurrah on the bike before our snowstorm.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.14.57 AM.png

Love you ladies. XOXO.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Happy Hanukkah, Ladies :)

I am hopelessly behind in this thread, so I may post again once I catch up! I've been fighting the "blahs" (hasn't everyone?) and have done almost nothing this weekend except look at jewelry, post on PS and mop the kitchen floor. I did get new golden south sea earrings that distracted me for a bit. I am in love with them....clinging to anything pretty or happy right now.

@missy I am thinking about you and keep popping in for news. Your husband is a handsome man, and it is so clear you love him with all your heart. You are a precious couple. Things are scary right now, but thankful you have each other. The most blessed kind of marriage, you draw strength from each other.

Your deer herd pictures are wonderful. Thanks for sharing pictures of your day. It's nice to see you enjoying the sunshine.

Good luck with Greg's appointment tomorrow! XO sending big and best wishes for good news.

@MamaBee I'm sorry to hear about C's mis-dosing. I learned something new there. I had no idea it was a prevalent issue. So thankful he will be okay. I hope he is doing well in general. Good luck with your Mom today at the derm, I hope it's easily treated if the condition has returned.

Thank you on the compliments on the decorations and the tree. They are really helping with the 2020 funk. I keep finding the giant Christmas balls on the ground and am wondering if the deer are pulling them off the tree at night. One has what looks like teeth scrapes.

Thanks for asking. Son is fine but struggling in the COVID mental stress we are all fighting. He lives in the apartment downstairs. After passing his networking classes he is working to find a job through the Dept of Rehab in his field.

He talked about going back to his old job at a big box store because his savings have been exhausted as he has been working on his certifications. We have decided we do NOT want him going back into a high risk environment as he lives with us, so we are going to help him stay home for three months. I am hoping by that time something breaks. If he gets a job at an agency, I would assume that would be much lower risk than public exposure stocking shelves.

Initially hubby was against this and said he needs to pay his way. The next morning he said on further thought, it was a practical step. Maybe not the ideal way to go, but it's the safest.

Darling daughter is working from home and lives about a mile away. I miss her, but she calls often.

My niece has COVID, but has a super mild case and is okay at home. She should be off quarantine this week.

@mrs-b I am so sorry to hear you have such severe back pain. You've had such a tough go of it this year. It was so sweet of you to send Missy the beautiful flowers. The combination of colors is so cheerful. Hope you are able to feel better soon.

I have more to say to everyone, but need to close for now. Someone is coming this AM to install gutter guards...in the rain. I need to get dressed :) more later...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have not yet reached 9k on the bike but we are 100 miles away

Correction! We are still almost 200 miles away. Sorry about that. Typo and didn't proof read. :oops:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Google is working so I am going to post a few pix for you and everyone to see where we are in the house building.. and Missy, I tend to be a pita about the house because of covid times, everything has just been behind, we don't have a gas tank yet because at the gas company 7 out of 10 workers have covid.. I've been in a funk, sorry.. very sorry.. so here's some pix girl.. sending you love, hugs and believing in you and Greg and kids. xoxo

1607958361476.png just staining the hood thing clear as it will darken over time. by this point I was losing my mind on details, never have been a detail oriented person.

1607958454679.png gold pulls.

1607958520482.png dont look at my jowls I swelled up it was a mess.

1607958590411.png almost sorta done waiting on fan, lights and appliance stuff, sink etc.

1607958735775.png public bath

1607958814324.png one of the guest room bathrooms.

1607958890920.png family room, the paper is off the floor, we are going up in a few minutes to drop stuff off and I'll take some newer pix.

1607958960615.png front door and entry way.

1607959015163.png view to fireplace from kitchen

backsplash, as one can see, I'm big into subway tile, which isn't as cheap as one thinks, altho there were much cheaper tile but I used shiny stuff etc. that thing sticking out is going to be a water faucet thing

1607959070836.png

1607959240118.png master bathtub, it looks like it's sort of in the shower but it isn't but we should have ordered a smaller one I think. dem's the breaks!

and FINALLY Auti Marie a few weeks ago, the thing on her head was something the groomer put on Salley's neck after a groom session, Auti loves it!! Already she is a glitter girl!

1607959378709.png

ENOUGH! going up to the house with lamps and stuff bbl.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
....and the installation has been called off. It is grey and rainy. I'm in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. Apparently Wednesday we will have a big snow - 6 to 12 inches, depending on who is talking. Since it it 2020 trying to do her darndest, I feel it will be 22". Once we are done, sending it up to the DC/MD/NJ/PA/MA/CN/NY folks. Sure, you're welcome....

more later

@Bayek your house is a dream house. I love your style! Sorry for your fall, hope it is feeling better. Good luck on the move. Hope things fall into place...but not you. No more falls for you. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Aww @mrs-b what a lovely gesture. The flowers are beautiful and so cheery. I really hope that you get the all clear for your surgery and get the pain taken care of. I’m sorry to hear about Tim’s eye problems, what a good job he had a Dr who knew what it was.

I wondered where you were @Bayek. Ouch to falling and hurting yourself, and double ouch to the overspends on the house. If it’s any consolation, everything looks fantastic and yay to moving in at the weekend. I don’t feel at all Christmassy either, not a single decoration or light up in this house. Glad you got to spend time with Auti, she’s growing up so quickly.

Oh phooey to the installation being cancelled @MMtwo, I hate it when you have to get up early and get ready for nothing! Sounds like a good plan for DS, it’s only temporary and it’s far better to be safe than sorry.

Oh @marcy, what a gorgeous ring, I can’t wait for you to get it on Thursday, I hope you absolutely love it. Your sisters ring is really pretty, such a soft feminine colour.

I’m glad after a couple of frogs you’ve found your prince @springerspaniel :mrgreen: Keep plugging on with the paper, you’ll get there.

When will you know if your surgery will go ahead @Sally Brown ? I’m keeping everything crossed for you.

We’re desperately hoping Breakfast wins Adam over @Scandinavian, he’s thinking of changing his name to Bertie, so maybe he is. Kim said if he’s still with them in a few more weeks, she’s keeping him :lol:

I hope you’re not snowed in @canuk-gal, stay safe.

How’re things with you @MamaBee? I hope C is checking his meds carefully and there’s no more mix ups.

Please try not to second guess how long this has been going on @missy, one day at a time. Hopefully when you get to see the 2nd Dr soon he’ll be able to give you some reassurance and a better handle on the situation. Until then, keep positive that Greg will get treated and be well. I’m glad you were able to get out and cycle over the weekend ahead of the bad weather, pretty good going considering we’re in the middle of December. All of the NIRDIs are rooting for you both, and willing you only good things.

I thought I’d finished the bedroom, then I remembered I hadn’t painted the door frames, so I did the first coat on Saturday, and the second coat yesterday. Whilst I had the paint out, I decided to do the door frames in the lower hall. We painted the hallway on the first floor on Friday too. Colin took his monitor back today, so I started painting the coving in the lower hall, which then led me to cutting in, and well, let’s just say I’ve painted the lower hall, and given the door frames a second coat too. That‘s IT, I’m definitely done now for a couple of weeks. We’ve asked our friend’s son to come and paint the dining, sitting room and kitchen ceilings in the new year.

Take care sweet NIRDIS :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:doh:Forgot to say that Colin was talking to our neighbour on Saturday. His wife was a dentist and has volunteered to go on the course to train to give the Covid vaccine, whether it’s what she’s been told, I’m not sure, but he thinks we’ll have had the vaccine by February :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:doh:Forgot to say that Colin was talking to our neighbour on Saturday. His wife was a dentist and has volunteered to go on the course to train to give the Covid vaccine, whether it’s what she’s been told, I’m not sure, but he thinks we’ll have had the vaccine by February :dance:

Wonderful news! I’m so glad you can get it sooner vs later @Austina. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.
And thanks for your optimism. I appreciate it. I tend to think ahead too much. One day at a time. ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim just sent this photo of Breakfast, it’s cold there, so he’s got an indoor coat now too :lol:

61F37FD3-4A68-4B02-A3A9-ADB36721ABBC.jpeg

He always looks so sad. They think he could be a pit bull/Weimaraner cross, that would explain his light eyes.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello and hugs to everyone. I haven't been on PS and the NIRDI thread for about a month and am really shocked and dismayed at all the updates. 2020 really has been a dumpster fire in more ways than just CV19. This is a year that has been truly memorable and not in a good way.

Hang in there everyone and wishing everyone better health and happier days. @missy - I will be in touch offline.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone...This has been a crazy day! I took my mom to the derm for two biopsies on her lower eyelid. I think her basal cell has come back after getting extensive surgery in the hospital. She had grafts from behind her ear. Then I rushed home to take Bailey to the vet because he has so many lumps..some of them hard. He also got a full blood workup. I get the results tomorrow..I then rushed over to the post office to return a ring I bought for A. I made it back in time to pick up groceries...We ordered from PF Chang’s for my moms birthday dinner...95 today. I have ice cream cake for her...and a birthday crown and sash that my daughter-in-law A bought her...lol...After that I have to go through the packages that were delivered when I was gone two weeks...I have to bring the presents for my son and family to Maryland. We’re going next Saturday to deliver them to their house in Va. I need a nap. lol I hope everyone had a nice day today. I’ll catch up when I’m in Maryland. It’s quieter there! Hahaha XO

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
@marcy @missy @Austina Thanks for your concern!

Our little canine girl will hopefully start on her medication for Cushing’s disease tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

No news on my gallbladder surgery. A decision will need to be made in about a week, either by me, the hospital, the state, or some combination thereof. COVID. Gah.

Happy Monday! Sorry if I missed anyone!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results