shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy rainy Thursday. Three days in a row of rain and counting. No sun for 10? days now.

Just got off a 90 plus minute conference call with our attorney. We’re redoing our wills and it’s a huge pain. So many tax implications if we don’t do it right (even with a trust) and also no matter what there’s an inheritance tax the recipients have to pay if they’re not a spouse. Then we have to accept some loss of freedom when our estate is in a trust. Pain in the neck. Also we have to figure out how we want to be buried etc. Unpleasant and idk how I want my body disposed of.

Anyway suffice to say I am exhausted. Greg had to leave 75 minutes into the call for his doctor appointment for his 3 month body check. So I handled the last bit on my own but that was easy. Power of attorneys and living wills. We aren’t changing those per se. No life support for either of us.

Speaking of life support how’s everyone doing?

@Bayek hugs and more hugs. Glad your shoulder is doing well and is tomorrow your last formal PT? Just keep working it at home. I’m so happy you’re doing well. And I hope you don’t get Covid. I hope none of us do. I miss you and sending bucketloads of love and good vibes your way. By the way love all your pool colors. It’s going to be a gorgeous oasis. And you deserve it❤️ Love you. ((((Hugs))))

@Austina oh no, I’m so sorry for all the stuff going wrong. Hoping it all sorts itself out and everything gets fixed. I hope your PT is going well. Thanks for all your kind comments. I know I say this often but I couldn’t imagine a better person to have Bella. It makes me so happy she makes you happy. Bling really lifts one’s spirits. And seeing friends happy makes me happy. I am now commanding every thing to get fixed for you ASAP. Big hugs.

@marcy oh my goodness. The poor puppy. I smell a rat. :lol: How’s the insurance issue going? I hope it’s getting sorted out. It’s ridiculous this delay. I hope Marty is feeling ok. And I hope your snow (15”!!!) melts soon. Hope work goes well today. Deep breaths. And remember weekend is coming. Yay tomorrow is Friday or rather FriYay. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope your week is going well. I owe you Halloween clothing pics. I just can’t seem to get motivated. Lol I have leopard print underwear. Haha TMI? Anyway hope you’re enjoying a wonderful week. XOXO ❤️

@Scandinavian hope you’re enjoying more of that beautiful scenery and having a relaxing and fun time. Big hugs and much love. Did you get the melee issue sorted? Iirc there was a loose stone. Hope all is secure. Hugs.

@springerspaniel how is your week going? This has been the rainiest week yet. I need to see the sun soon. It’s been over a week and a half since the sun has been out. And lots of rain. Ok I’m done complaining. Rain is ok. At least it’s not snow lol. Sorry marcy and canuk gal. Have a wonderful day dear springerspaniel. Hugs.

@canuk-gal hope the rest of your week is going better and you’re feeling all better. I took a few pics of my new Olang boots. Yesterday I wore my red ones. They’re the bomb. Have a good day and (((hugs))).

0F43A5E8-F8A5-4F67-B2DD-D1AAA9E71487.jpeg

A26ED045-49FD-4FAF-BD3C-78954EDFB034.jpeg

Hi to everyone else. Hope a wonderful week is being enjoyed by all. Another rainy day here. So not sure of our plans but whatever we do well enjoy it together. Have a good Thursday girls. Hugs.

Leaving you with a pretty autumn photo.

F168E84F-2FB0-46DA-A82C-6BC3A272E8A4.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy those are some serious looking boots. They look like they’d keep you dry and warm. Based on my limited experience to settling estates the family trust worked great in my case. A smart and good attorney are worth every penny too. I often tell my nieces and nephews they better kiss up to me because whoever doesn’t is going to be named the executor or our estate and we aren’t telling them anything. Ha! The snow melted a little. The street we live on is awful though. There are ruts where people drive but still lots of snow under your car. I have three chassis heights on my car so I picked sports plus thinking that was the highest off the ground. Wrong. I think I shaved 3 inches off the top of that piled up snow. Too funny. Marty continues to claim the puppy gets himself in trouble or stuck all the time. Likely story.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--enjoy your new boots! I wore mine this week. I also saw another lady waring the red ones--they are caught my eye!

Too many (untoward) things going on now in my life--most of which I could live without. Life is really getting in my way these days.....

not so cheery--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy--enjoy your new boots! I wore mine this week. I also saw another lady waring the red ones--they are caught my eye!

Thank you! Speaking of red boots. It's pouring here and we had to go out and run errands and so I wore them again today. They are so versatile. And I finally found a big mirror for my exercise room.

Bed Bath and Beyond. They have it all.
Mirror I decided to purchase. It was the only one there that size and turns out I think it is very pretty so that worked out.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 2.35.51 PM.png

And Greg just put it up in my exercise room. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 2.37.19 PM.png

Too many (untoward) things going on now in my life--most of which I could live without. Life is really getting in my way these days.....

I hear you Sharon. And I feel your pain. Same here. :(
Hang in there and I will do the same. (((Hugs))).

And remember...

eatchocolatemeow.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal sorry to hear to many things are going on in your life right now. Hugs to you and sending mega dust those things are straightened out soon.

@mssy you are snazzy looking with your red boots.

I am eating lunch. And cold. My office is still running the AC. Or so it seems.

Take care
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy those are some serious looking boots. They look like they’d keep you dry and warm. Based on my limited experience to settling estates the family trust worked great in my case. A smart and good attorney are worth every penny too. I often tell my nieces and nephews they better kiss up to me because whoever doesn’t is going to be named the executor or our estate and we aren’t telling them anything. Ha! The snow melted a little. The street we live on is awful though. There are ruts where people drive but still lots of snow under your car. I have three chassis heights on my car so I picked sports plus thinking that was the highest off the ground. Wrong. I think I shaved 3 inches off the top of that piled up snow. Too funny. Marty continues to claim the puppy gets himself in trouble or stuck all the time. Likely story.

Marcy! I missed your post above. Oy I have so much on my mind. I am glad the snow is melting a little. Let it melt all the way now. LOL. And I am sick and tired of the rain here but it beats snow. I know you drive safely and please continue to be careful. Your streets sound like our streets. A mess. We have potholes everywhere. And likely story re the puppy indeed. As HRH Francesca used to say...Harumphhh.

@canuk-gal sorry to hear to many things are going on in your life right now. Hugs to you and sending mega dust those things are straightened out soon.

@mssy you are snazzy looking with your red boots.

I am eating lunch. And cold. My office is still running the AC. Or so it seems.

Take care
Marcy

Thank you Marcy. They are large and in charge haha. I am sorry your office is cold. I cannot believe they are running the AC. You need a (covert) space heater. Yes you do. Inviting warmth ahhhhh. Sending you big warm hugs across the miles. I hope lunch is yummy and helps warm you up. Maybe some hot tea?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So sorry to hear that life is c*ap at the moment @canuk-gal, hang in there, we will eventually come out the other side. (If I tell myself that, it’ll eventually come true!)

Pretty much the same weather here @missy, rain, rain and more rain. Good job on getting your affairs in order, it’s amazing how many people don’t. It’s relatively simple for us, in that we’ve only got one heir. Obviously with the planned move, it’ll all have to be redone once we get there, but should be relatively straightforward. Great mirror, I love looking around shops like BB&B. I’m sure your boots are great in this horrible weather for keeping your feet warm and dry. I hope Greg’s appt went well today.

The jury’s still out on who put the bears up to mischief @marcy, I feel there was encouragement from a third party! :lol: Your snow sounds horrendous, and the cold office sounds even worse.

Well we’ve solved one problem, inasmuch as I felt sure that the induction hob must have it’s own circuit breaker. We checked again this morning, and sure enough, it must’ve tripped yesterday and Colin hadn’t noticed. Flipped the switch and yippee, it’s working again. We’ve plugged in the lamp in the hall, (I checked the wiring to make sure there were no problems there), no timer and will see how that goes this evening. I’m beginning to think it could’ve been the timer or the extension cord that caused the trip. Keep everything crossed that we can eliminate one more thing off the potential problem list.

We’ve had a very lazy day, couldn‘t do much else, so we watched a film this afternoon, based on the true story of a German POW who ended up playing for a British football team, even playing in the Cup final with a broken neck. We both really enjoy it.

Adam had his phone call with the shelter yesterday, Marvin is quite nervous and doesn’t like to be petted too much, he can get scared and reactive, he’s also apparently quite the Houdini. They’re waiting for an appointment to go and meet him and see what they think. If it doesn’t work out with him, they’ll foster another dog because Adam is worried that the shelter is in a old building and it’s pretty cold.

Keep safe and warm lovely NIRDI, but hugs and love to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that is a very wise cat informing us about the benefits of chocolate. I did have a chocolate covered caramel for dessert. Sorry it keeps raining there. We have the same pothole problem here too. Whether they are filled with our snow or your rain it makes it hard to see them too. Rats. I might have some hot chocolate here soon. I’m digging out my cuddle duds for tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina we must have been posting at the same time earlier. I am with you, looking around BB&B is really fun. I miss being able to just go wander around a store. Are you suggesting I might have something to do with instigating the shenanigans between Marty and the puppy? Well, I can’t say I don’t sometimes contribute to their ongoing battle. Maybe. I am wearing more layers to work tomorrow. Good deal you got your induction hob working. I hope Marvin is a good fit; it sounds like he really deserves a good and loving home.

Marty walked out and got my dish lined up again after he got home from the gym. Now I can watch more channels than locals. This happened last spring during a big snowstorm too. He said it felt loose so this weekend when it’s daylight I’ll have him see if he can tighten it; if not I’ll call the company and have them come align it and make sure it is secure. I have a negative balance with them anyway so I may as well use “my money”.

Marty’s phone was “hidden” under the puppy when he got home from the gym. I had nothing to do with it. I swear.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. It's another stormy rainy and windy day here. My mood matches the weather though I am trying to remain upbeat. Happy FriYAY!

@marcy what a rascal. I hope Marty doesn't mind sharing his new phone lol. Good on getting more channels. Just try not to watch the news. Nothing good to report there so far. Have a good FriYAY! Tomorrow is the weekend. Woohoo. Hope your snow is continuing to melt. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 yay it's FriYAY. Hope you have a good day. I cannot believe tomorrow is Halloween and a full moon and we turn clocks back. Hope all continues to go well. Hugs.

@Austina hope your appliances are fixed and all is working smoothly. It's been that kind of a year. There are no words. Hang in there and hope you have a lovely weekend planned. Hugs.

@Bayek hope your week is going well and glad your house and shoulder are coming along. Some good news we can all share and rejoice in. Hugs and love to you and your sweet family. Kate the Great.

@Slick1 how's school going? How are you feeling? Hope you have happy updates to share. Hugs to you.

@springerspaniel hope you have a happy Halloween weekend on tap. XOXO.

@MJ_Mac thinking of you and sorry for all you have gone through recently. This year is surreal and continues to be. Hugs and healing wishes to you and your DH. XOXO.

@canuk-gal hope you have a lovely weekend with no snow. XOXO.

So Greg emailed the endocrinologist this AM at my suggestion as the patient portal wasn't getting us anywhere. And he emailed right back. He is waiting for the results of the 24 hour urine test but it's looking like Greg does have hyperparathyroidism :(

The DEXA scan shows bone loss but for some reason our endocrinologist has not received the urine results that should have been back by last week. So now Greg is trying to track it down.

Nothing is easy and nothing goes smoothly add the storm we are currently experiencing and it does feel like the end of the world.

Now the question is where to find a good surgeon and how long will it take to get an appointment during this pandemic that is ramping up quite fast here in the states.

That's my update. My mantra one day at a time is being put in use constantly. Praying for a good outcome despite the worrisome results. And just hope our medical professionals have this and can help Greg.

Sending all of you lots of well wishes and hugs.

Leaving you with another lovely fall photo.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 7.17.29 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s.

@missy gorgeous tree, I love fall leaves. Such wonderful colors. I am so sorry to hear Greg probably has hyperparathyroidism. Hopefully all those tests get tracked down and he doctors get plans and treatments lined up and everything goes smoothly. Big hugs to both of you. Sadly nothing is never easy. Darn for another rainy day.

I am the office and at lunch. It is cold here again. I wore a thermal shirt, a regular shirt and a sweater. It wasn’t enough. I keep sweaters and blankets at work tho.

I found out late last night a life long family friend died of a heart attack yesterday. My sister’s 100 year old MIL is in a nursing home here and has tested positive for COVID. That place was COVID free until about 3 weeks ago and now about 60 residents have caught it and 4 have died. It’s been a heck of a rough week for me. Two people close to me die, my sisters MIL gets the virus and a guy at work we both like lost his wife to a pulmonary embolism this week. I didn’t sleep well last night.

Since my car is out of warranty I checked the Macan forum about adding a remote start. That still remains a big negatory for me. I told Marty not to cry but the next car we buy for me will have a remote start so it probably won’t be a Porsche or a Macan. He hasn’t answered that text yet. Go figure.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:( Oh no @missy, I’m so sorry to hear about Greg, I know things are different there, but so far here, you can still get seen and treated. My friend (who had her bunions removed) has recently had remedial surgery on her foot, and Colin and I have both had treatments. None of these were urgent, but money talks. I can’t believe what a total pile of s*it this year has been. Hopefully you can get the results back and get Greg all sorted. Oy! Yep, more rain here too, when‘s it going to stop?

Glad you got your dish sorted out, with nowhere to go and nothing to do, being able to enjoy some good TV programmes is even more important ATM @marcy. Marty better watch out that ’someone’ doesn‘t rack up any big phone bills, especially as non opposable thumbs could misdial! ;-) Oh no, I’ve just read your latest post, how awful, I’m so sorry, this terrible virus, when’s it going to end, and your poor friend’s wife, what a terrible shock.

Hope you survived your day with Auti @Bayek and aren’t too worn out being on Grandma duty.

We’ve done absolutely nothing today, apart from watching a film this afternoon, incredibly moving, and another based on real events. The Last Full Measure. It was about a Vietnam vet and the fight to get him the medal he deserved.

Had our food delivery, and the eggs were broken, not all of them, but the company refunded promptly.

TGIF, what a week it’s been. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh marcy I am so sorry! How terrible. I hope your sister's MIL makes it. And I am so very sorry about your friends. No wonder you didn't sleep well. Big (((HUGS))) to you. Please be good to yourself and take good care of yourself. Keeping you in my thoughts @marcy. XOXO.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @marcy I am so sorry about your two close friends, family friend, and co-worker's wife. Too many losses in a short period of time. I hope your sister's mother in law recovers soon. I am thinking of you and sending warm thoughts your way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy, @Austina and @springerspaniel for the kind words and concern. The family friend has hit me pretty hard thinking of fun family times. Sadly they probably won't be able to hold a funeral or celebration of life for him either. I'd like to see all of his sisters. They were there for me.

@Austina Marty does accuse my bears of calling China and running up our data. LOL to opposable thumbs. And I'm with you on this horrible virus. The movie you watched sounds very interesting; I will search for that. Glad to hear you got a refund on your broken eggs. I need to pick up some groceries this weekend.

@springerspaniel LOL to the full moon and of course I'd have a Snoopy blanket.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovelies and Happy Halloween and Caturday Saturday and it's my mom's birthday too.

halloween2020.jpg

Add in an election and this will be quite an interesting week coming.

@Austina I am glad medical issues are being taken care of by you. For us, right now, the main issue is getting a diagnosis which is challenging as we are dealing with multiple health conditions for Greg. Kidney stones, Bone issues, R/O cancer, etc. I wish his doctors would communicate with each other and with Greg but it seems every step is pushing and pulling and working hard to get info and motivate the physicians to evaluate all the data. Greg has a CAT scan scheduled next Friday. Sigh. It's an exhausting merry go round but we persevere. Thanks for your concern. How is Colin feeling? Did Adam and Kim adopt the dog? How is your knee doing? Sending you hugs and have a happy Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

@marcy I am so sorry. There are no words. So much loss. Continued warm wishes and gentle hugs being sent your way sweet friend. (((Hugs))). I love your Snoopy blanket.

@springerspaniel I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend. The time is flying by and I am good with that. The faster time goes the faster we get back to life as we once knew and loved it. Even if things are a little bit different. Hugs and have a good Halloween.

@bling_dream19 my friend what are your Halloween plans? Are you handing out candy? Getting dressed up? We aren't doing anything Halloweeny this year. Have a lovely day and a fun Halloween and stay safe. Hugs.

@MJ_Mac continued healing vibes to K and hugs to you. XOXO.

@Scandinavian hello there sweet friend. Hope you and your family are enjoying a wonderful and peaceful weekend. Hugs.

@canuk-gal hope all is going smoothly by you and things are improving. I am thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better and you and your tooth are pain free. Big warm hugs across the miles Sharon.

@Slick1 have a happy Halloween and thank you. Big hugs and much love to you and your family.

@Bayek thinking good thoughts for you and hoping you enjoy a lovely Halloween with Auti. Great Kate the wise and wonderful. I adore you sweet friend. XOXO.

@MamaBee how are you? Hope you guys have a blast this Halloween and stay safe. Hope Shatzie is well and you are all enjoying the weekend together. Big hugs.

Greg and I had a rainy Friday but we managed to accomplish a lot and run more errands that needed to be done and also enjoy getting outside despite the inclement weather. Today is freezing literally but we are planning to cycle. I will make sure to be bundled up and use my heat packs for my feet and hands. I do not anticipate a 5 hour ride though. Probably 3 hours will be the max I can handle plus bathrooms are now closed so it is more challenging all around. But we do what we can :)

Happy Halloween and Happy Caturday Saturday all. Hugs and be well and stay safe.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 6.40.20 AM.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Halloween friends!
@marcy I've been thinking about you. I'm really sorry to what you are going through. sending you support and hugs. Think about the happy memories and lean on Marty and that adorable puppy.
@missy Thinking about Greg and hoping he is ok. Yep stay on those doctors. I don't know much about the condition but your man is strong and fit with a zest for life and loves you, that we all know for sure!
Going to see my nieces today and help them get ready! I think I've got a zombie gymnast and I'm not sure what the other one will be. And these things change too! I'll be wearing what my hubby calls my Asbury park dress. It's got mermaids and skulls on it and I'd wear it on the boardwalk and fit right in!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@bling_dream, just saw your new gems...love your new pink spinel and blue zircon, beautiful colors. Too bad the eternity didn't pan out but it sounds like the right decision; more funds for your upgrade! Your wedding set is really beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful time today with your nieces.

@Bayek, was happy to read your shoulder is doing well, must be great to not have all that pain. Sounds like things are moving along with the house; the pool color is pretty and the black granite looks amazing. Auti sounds like such a sweetheart and a lot of fun. I'm sorry Chris won't be able to visit at Christmas, I know you haven't seen him in a long time. I have pretty much accepted the holidays are just going to be a hot mess this year. DD is nervous about being around us because she's a teacher so she's waiting until Christmas so she can quarantine before visiting. Crazy!

@marcy, I'm sorry about all the losses you've had recently and I'm hoping your sister's mil recovers. Such sad news and very hard to lose such a close friend. Sending lots of comfort. Be careful making your way through the snow and ice. I hope Marty can get his MRI soon, such a hassle dealing with insurance sometimes.

@missy, sorry about the probable parathryroid disease diagnosis and I hope the doctors have some answers soon so Greg can move on to the right treatment. Wishing him well as he deals with his health issues. Love your pic of the dolphins, such beautiful creatures. Glad to see you and Greg are still getting some cycling in despite the chilly weather. I was sorry to read about your father's dental issues and I hope your parents are doing well.

@canuk-gal, I'm sorry you're dealing with some upsetting situations right now. I hope you can relax a little this weekend and get some distraction from your worries. Take care of yourself.

@springerspaniel, good luck with your paper! I hope you're making progress.

@Scandinavian, hi! Good to hear from you and I'm glad you're doing well...I know it's hard to see the toll the chemo took on your mother but I'm really glad she is doing ok. The pics of your summer holiday are gorgeous.

@Austina, sounds like you've been very busy lately and getting lots done. Your painting job looks great. Such a pretty home. How has your knee been feeling? Marvin is a beautiful dog and I hope things work out but if not it's great Adam and Kim are willing to foster another dog.

Dh and I are back in New Jersey - his office is opening soon on a voluntary basis and since he runs the office he feels obligated to be there. Been busy closing up in SC and getting settled here. We were so anxious to get back to SC in June that we didn't put all the stuff from the basement back so we're chipping away at that.

Sending good thoughts to all, and support and comfort to everyone who is missing seeing their loved ones. <3

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Nice to see you back @junebug17. My knee is doing really well, I have PT tomorrow, and I’ve been diligent doing my exercises, so overall everything is fine.

I hope you had fun with your nieces yesterday @bling_dream19, we didn’t get any trick or treaters, but that’s no unusual for around here, it’s not really a big thing in the UK.

Did you manage to get out and ride yesterday @missy, it was pretty miserable here too, but we had a roaring fire going, so it was very cosy.

As if it’s not bad enough, not being able to say a proper goodbye really rubs salt in to the wound @marcy, big hugs to you at this awful time.

Hi @springerspaniel, I hope you and the pups are doing OK.

We had friends over for dinner yesterday, just as well because we’re now in a second national lockdown because of the stupid, selfish morons who can’t be trusted to behave responsibly. So far, it’s supposed to be for a month, but I have a feeling it’ll end up being longer. This is the first time we disagree with the Govts stance on the situation. The problem is in the NE, N and NW. From the midlands down, the country is doing OK, so it’s very unfair that we’re having to suffer because of other’s stupidity.

Adam had a conversation with the dog behaviourist at the shelter. Marvin is fear reactive, but they’re going to give it a go and see how he is with them for a couple of weeks. It sounds to me like someone has hit him because he get’s scared and tries to nip if someone tries to change his lead. I wonder if the motion of a hand coming near his head is bringing back bad memories.. Hopefully in a quiet home and left to settle, he’ll be fine. If nothing else, he’ll have a couple of weeks in a nice home in the warm.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon lovely ladies! Happy Daylight Standard time. And happy November first.

@Austina yay your knee doing well. So happy to hear this. You go girl with those exercises and good luck with PT tomorrow. We did ride yesterday and today. We left early today due to the rain coming at noon. Yesterday was cold but I was bundled up well so felt good and today was mild but windy. All in all good rides both days. We did 60 miles yesterday and 50 today. It is raining buckets now and tomorrow is supposed to be incredibly windy and freezing so no riding tomorrow. I am hoping power remains on tomorrow but I have a feeling it won't so hoping the generator kicks in. Our new generator has not been hooked up yet as it is a complicated affair and the electrician is backlogged due to all the rain last week.

I am so sorry you are in lockdown again and because of others reckless behavior. I am glad you enjoyed dinner with friends yesterday. That is really nice. We miss that but we cannot take the chance. It is crazy here. Just crazy. Trying to keep an upbeat attitude and hoping for the best. I agree with you in that I think it will be a longer lockdown for all of us this time. Hang in there and big hugs to you.

@springerspaniel hope you had a good rest of your Saturday and are enjoying a lovely Sunday. We didn't get any trick or treaters thank goodness. Hope your week goes smoothly and all remains well. Big hugs.

@Slick1 hugs to you on your busy week coming. Good luck with it all and I will be thinking of you sending continued good wishes. Hugs.

@junebug17 thanks for checking in and for your good wishes. Sending you lots of good wishes too and gentle hugs. Welcome back to NJ. Hope work goes well for your DH and that you enjoy being back here. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hello sweet friend. How was Halloween with your nieces? Sounds like so much fun. Hope you are enjoying a lovely Sunday. Big hugs and love to you.

@Bayek girl, I love that photo of Auti and Cara looks like a youngster herself. And your son is so handsome. Thank you for sharing pics and I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugs and love.

@MamaBee hope you had a good Halloween and are enjoying a good Sunday. Did you guys get any trick or treaters? XOXO.

@marcy any trick or treaters by you? Did you guys do anything special for Halloween? Hope work didn't interrupt your weekend and you are enjoying yourself and not doing too many chores. XOXO.

@canuk-gal how is the weather by you? We are getting more storms tomorrow. Sigh. Why does winter come so early in Autumn? LOL. Sending you hugs and lots of well wishes.

We ended up cycling both days as I told Austina and it was a good weekend. We found an iPhone 11 during our ride Saturday (why do we find so many valuables when we ride and why do we get involved lol) and fortunately we didn't have to track the owner down as his mom called and picked it up. We left it out front so no contact. The mom was very thankful. Her son is quite careless she explained to us. He was skateboarding and dropped it and since it was already cracked before that one can only surmise he isn't as conscientious as he should be with a valuable phone. Kids these days. And lol you kids get off my lawn :lol: JK. I prefer kids to adults many days.

Have a lovely rest of this Sunday and be well girls. Big hugs and love to you all.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 2.02.03 PM.png
Yesterday cycling pic.

And today.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 2.03.06 PM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy we hit 80 today Marcy, of course I despise it, but John loves it and we see our granddaughter once a week now so there is that.. I am a WINTER person. Marty is so funny! he made me laugh.. sorry about the ice you have a supersonicly cool car and take care.. xoxoxo

@Austina girl, you make me tired just reading all the work you do... you must move here and we will meet for iced teas! (sugar free lots of lemon).. can't wait.. hope Adam and fiancee are enjoying the weather.. it is nice, not humid, but a warm halloween stunk!.. Glad Colin got his jab and you are both tucked in and safe for the next wave, which makes me so sad about the whole thing Austina.. dark times. Glad the knee is doing better. And I agree with you about the fairness Austina, ensure the people who have screwed up are the ones being on lockdown.. people in general are good but it only takes a few morons to ruin it for everyone. xoxoxoxoxo

@missy hello giver of light and care! you remind John and I have to redo our wills, ours were set up when the boys were 13 and 17.. I want to be cremated and taken to the beach and set free.. burying seems creepy to me, but that's me!.. It's funny Missy, I love your fall pictures and they make me so happy I miss fall leaves and apples and crisp air. boots, hunkering down.. granted it's much better for John here as he hates winter.. but it's so nice to open the door and get hit in the face with cold air! thank you for your pix Missy. not much new with me.. you saw the pix of Auti Mike and Cara in Insta so you know what a cutie patootie she is, 18 months and to my mind she looks 3! Chris is good I just got off the phone with him, Jeezus his hair is long! looks like a hippie! His heat has been coming on in Brooklyn. Kate's good.. all is quiet, everyone is waiting till tomorrow.. I don't care anymore, I am so so sick of covid I just wish it would stop.. oh well.. I'm good, my friend Kath had to get a new AED heart thing, they added a pacemaker, I thought she already had the pacemaker too, I swear she told me she had both, also she has been having heart VTAC and VFIBs? too and so they have redone her meds, her heart is again looking worse so they are working on a plan for her, with the new AED/PM as a start with the meds... plus this Thursday she is having a D&C as her uterine lining is 4.5 mm and she has fluid so they are going in, I told her all the web says is that 4.5 is the start of when they start watching but with the fluid they want to get a biopsy and as she is postmenopausal the cervix is too closed to do the usual biopsy (since I have had an endometrial biopsy I'm all for getting knocked out, I wasn't and it hurt) she is of course very down, I've tried to be with her everyday in email or Zoom, she is of course scared, I would be petrified.. But I think she will be fine, they think the heart enlargement was caused by her thyroid, and her thyroid low and high numbers they think were caused by heart meds, as she said, they know nothing. true that. How's Greg and the kids? all is good here Missy the Marvelous, I cannot cannot cannot wait for the house to be done, we still have so much work to do and in 4 weeks we are out of here. I dunno Missy, it's making me stressed BUT I persevere.. how is my friend? how are you? someone said earlier today that you were the kindest best poster here and that is TRUE.. we just gotta get thru this stuff till mid next year.. love you Missy the marvelous and kind and caring. xoxoxoxo

@junebug17 hey! how are you, where are you, how's the DD and DS and hubster and YOU!!! xoxoxo

@MamaBee how's things Joanne? where are you living right now? miss ya girl. xoxoxo

@canuk-gal hey girl! xoxo

@springerspaniel HOLA! xoxoxo

gotta go make dinner.. but the house now has all the cabinets up and some of the granite is in.. I cannot wait for this season to pass so I can just relax and read PS and talk to you guys. love you all.

Granite

1604358620363.png

1604358662981.png

Kitchen cabinets

1604358705055.png

Auti and Grandpa last Thursday.

1604358745222.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Happy Election Day. I am trying to focus on just enjoying the moment and not looking too far ahead.

@missy hello giver of light and care! you remind John and I have to redo our wills, ours were set up when the boys were 13 and 17.. I want to be cremated and taken to the beach and set free.. burying seems creepy to me, but that's me!.. It's funny Missy, I love your fall pictures and they make me so happy I miss fall leaves and apples and crisp air. boots, hunkering down.. granted it's much better for John here as he hates winter.. but it's so nice to open the door and get hit in the face with cold air! thank you for your pix Missy. not much new with me.. you saw the pix of Auti Mike and Cara in Insta so you know what a cutie patootie she is, 18 months and to my mind she looks 3! Chris is good I just got off the phone with him, Jeezus his hair is long! looks like a hippie! His heat has been coming on in Brooklyn. Kate's good.. all is quiet, everyone is waiting till tomorrow.. I don't care anymore, I am so so sick of covid I just wish it would stop.. oh well.. I'm good, my friend Kath had to get a new AED heart thing, they added a pacemaker, I thought she already had the pacemaker too, I swear she told me she had both, also she has been having heart VTAC and VFIBs? too and so they have redone her meds, her heart is again looking worse so they are working on a plan for her, with the new AED/PM as a start with the meds... plus this Thursday she is having a D&C as her uterine lining is 4.5 mm and she has fluid so they are going in, I told her all the web says is that 4.5 is the start of when they start watching but with the fluid they want to get a biopsy and as she is postmenopausal the cervix is too closed to do the usual biopsy (since I have had an endometrial biopsy I'm all for getting knocked out, I wasn't and it hurt) she is of course very down, I've tried to be with her everyday in email or Zoom, she is of course scared, I would be petrified.. But I think she will be fine, they think the heart enlargement was caused by her thyroid, and her thyroid low and high numbers they think were caused by heart meds, as she said, they know nothing. true that. How's Greg and the kids? all is good here Missy the Marvelous, I cannot cannot cannot wait for the house to be done, we still have so much work to do and in 4 weeks we are out of here. I dunno Missy, it's making me stressed BUT I persevere.. how is my friend? how are you? someone said earlier today that you were the kindest best poster here and that is TRUE.. we just gotta get thru this stuff till mid next year.. love you Missy the marvelous and kind and caring. xoxoxoxo

Dear Kate the Great, you are such a caring and warm kind and generous person. Thank you for all you have shared and all your kind comments. I am glad you are redoing your wills. Laws change as do circumstances so it is a good idea. Though a hard thing to do.

Thank you for enjoying my photos. I take them with the NIRDIs in mind. It makes me happy to share them thinking you all would enjoy seeing them. SO thank you for letting me know you do. I so enjoy all the photos you share. Auti is growing so fast. She is one beautiful little girl. I can see the inner beauty glow as well as the outer beauty. She is a special girl. And super lucky having you as her grandma and John as her grandpa and also having such wonderful parents.

How is your friend Kath doing? It sounds like she has a good medical team and they are on top of things. Sending healing vibes her way.

We are still waiting on results from Greg's testing and he has more testing to do. It isn't looking great but I am taking it one day at a time. I don't want to discuss it further right now. Some good news is his biopsies were all negative. So thank goodness for that. But I am very concerned about the reason he has bone loss and no other doctor seems to be on top of it and I am working hard to get him the care he needs. Sometimes I feel I am hitting my head against that proverbial wall. OK that is all for now about that. Thanks for caring and for listening. Love you Kate. (((HUGS))).

@bling_dream19 hope you are enjoying a good week. Hugs.

@springerspaniel hope you and the family are having a lovely week and enjoying yourselves and staying safe and warm. Sending you lots of hugs.

@MJ_Mac hugs to you my sweet friend. I hope healing is happening and K is feeling stronger and better each day. With your caring love and strength I know that is the case. Hugs.

@marcy hope the week is going well. XOXO.

@Austina hope PT is going well and you and Colin are having a good week. Hugs.

@junebug17 thinking of you and hoping work is going smoothly for your DH and you are enjoying a good week. XOXO.

@MamaBee hugs to you my friend. Hope all is going smoothly by you. XOXO.

@Scandinavian I am imagining you enjoying the great outdoors with your family and hope you are having a fun time safely away from all that is happening in the world. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I had a great day yesterday albeit no cycling. We went hiking and it was perfect for a windy cool day. I managed to get some Bubbalah pics too despite the cold weather and having to remove my gloves. And that was no small feat due to my Raynauds and Chilblains so you know I am a true PSer LOL.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 7.18.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 7.17.58 AM.png

We are hoping to go cycling today despite the high winds. I believe it is less windy than the crazy winds of yesterday. Though it is just as cold if not colder. Oy am I a masochist? Haha NO I can assure you I am not. I am just not a quitter LOL.

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and sending you all much love. Stay safe and be well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I love all your choices @Bayek, and I’m sure you’re mightily sick of, and over the build. I can’t wait for you to be in and settled, this year has been the biggest pile of you know what, and I for one will be glad when it’s over. I know we won’t be done with Covid, but I just want to put this year behind me, and look forward to better things next year. How’s your shoulder, are you back to full mobility yet? Your poor friend, she’s really going through the mill isn’t she?

I’m so sorry @missy, but pleased that at least there is some good news for Greg. I know you won’t give up trying to get him the treatment he (and you need) and understand that it’s just been one thing after another for you, and it’s no surprise you don’t want to talk about ad nauseum, bad enough to be dealing with it all the time. I will be joining you walking at the end of the week as the Physio wants me to start walking again.

We heard yesterday that the charity won’t be doing collections from Thursday, so now we have to find somewhere else to take the sofas as the new ones should be coming soon. That’s if we ever hear back from the company as to when it’s due.

We went out to lunch with Sue and Rob, good job we’d arranged it for today, so we won’t be seeing them for a while either, oy, I’m already sick of this second lockdown and it hasn’t even started yet!

How are all the other NIRDIS doing? Hope things are ok with you and you’re keeping safe and well. I hear that some of the supermarkets have already had their shelves stripped bare of toilet paper, what‘s wrong with people? What’s that song? “Stop the world I want to get off” just about sums up how I’m feeling today.

Oh well, as Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day!

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you find when you come home from the store and you are married to someone who thinks they are a comedian. Like I often say - everyone is a comedian but not everyone is funny.
C4886AF9-6FAB-4E73-8D48-43034E40FD16.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone is doing well! I'm just popping in for a nirdi shout out :bigsmile: My sweethearts were so cute for Halloween! Work has been long the last few days ahh. However, good news...I've got 2 rings in the mail from DK and hopefully they will arrive Thursday! Love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Election Day! Results TBD by Christmas. Ha Ha.

@missy how annoying Greg’s doctors won’t work together to get the big picture and get tests and decisions made to begin treatments and getting everything addressed. Good luck with that! We had lots of trick or treaters; I was giving out handfuls at first thinking we wouldn’t get many; later I realized that wasn’t such a good idea. Gorgeous pictures from your rides. What a relief Greg’s biopsies were negative.

@bling_dream19 how fun to see your nieces and I hope they had a blast on Halloween. We had easily 80 - 100 trick or treaters and blew through over 500 pieces of candy in about 2 hours. Yay for new rings on the way.

@junebug17 we think Marty finally got approval for his MRI - it took the doctor to call them and raise hell. It’s some 3rd party not even BCBS. Good luck getting settled back in NJ and darn you still have to put things back in the basement.

@Austina surprisingly the family is holding a celebration of life on Thursday. The place they have it is new, big and open. I don’t plan on joining in on the provided lunch. Sorry you are in lockdown again - I saw headlines somewhere that now cases were already falling. That breaks my heart to think someone abused Marvin so much; I hope he can find a happy home with Adam and Kim. That’s great your knee is doing well. Woo hoo! I hope you find a place to donate your sofa. We gave quite a bit of my parent’s things to habitat for humanity.

@Bayek I hate to hear about your friend Kath - I hope they get everything straightened out for her. I am sending mega dust her way. Hurry up and finish your house, huh? It’s looking great though. I love that picture of Auti; she is sooooooo cute.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I am doing good today but know the funeral on Thursday will be difficult.

I have today off due to necessity so I won't lose any PTO hours. I had a busy day. I hit Sams Club first thing. I am loving that Scan and Go app they have. I wanted to stock up on paper products before panic buying version 482 sets in only to find out I was too late. They did have some of the commercial paper products, I asked the girl stocking shelves if it was any good and she suggested I come back Thursday when their new stock comes in. Understood. I picked up some of the baking ingredients I need for the holidays, some candy (of course) and got Marty a 3 pound tomahawk steak. It looked like a roast when it was done; he ate the entire thing. I picked up a pack of tenderloins and ate one of those. I love their prices; I got a big bag of apples for $6, 12 pounds of Gold Medal Flour for $5 but darn I forgot to get my AA battery stash for all my battery operated Christmas lights.

Store 2 then was the regular grocery store which did have TP and paper towels (Score!) so I got 2 packs of each plus the rest of my baking ingredients. I was delighted to find a jar of yeast; such little pleasures these days.

While shopping in Sams my boss sent me a text to call in to our 8:30 meeting. I tried but the one click number in my calendar didn't do a darn thing so too bad I missed the meeting. I called him later. Since our local county issued a mask mandate for this month our director has decided you have to wear you mask at work all the time if you are in a cube. As expected - none of us cube farm residents are happy to hear that. We already alter days at work so you are by an empty cube, we wear a mask anytime away from out desk, we do a health screening and temperature check each day before we can enter the premises and we don't have cases spreading through employees. Plus the local mandate frequently says this applies to retailers and services open to the public. We aren't open to the public. We'll see what happens. If my senior manager wasn't worried about being a kiss arse he'd probably say we will all work at home but I'm sure he won't do that. At least 2 other departments on our floor alone have not returned to work yet and are still working at home. Retirement becomes more appealing.

The awesome great exciting news to me was walking around 2 stores didn't make my legs stiff or sore - yay for having muscles. The right knee kind of did the popping in or out of place right as I got in my car at the second store but hasn't been too bad even after hauling things in and taking care of them. That is incredible. I did make sure to tell Marty that lifting has helped me there.

Our weather is gorgeous. It's about 70 degrees all week.

Take care!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies! Early day today so just wanted to say a quick hello.

@marcy haha you might not be far off. TBD by Christmas indeed.
I'm sorry you missed the work CC and now that you have to wear masks in office. I can only imagine how challenging that is. Maybe you can request working from home more often?
Glad you got your groceries and supplies yesterday and it was in stock. Sweet. Speaking of sweet your weather is amazing. We hope to be having a stretch of a few nice weather days so yay for that. Yes to Sam's Club prices. We don't have a Sam's Club by us but I imagine Costco is similar? I am so happy for you that Marty finally was able to get his MRI approved. When he is getting it done? Thinking of him and sending lots of good luck wishes his way.
Thanks for all your good wishes as always. Much appreciated. Have a wonderful day. XOXO.

@Austina hope you are having a lovely week and so glad you got to visit with Sue and Rob. I am glad you are walking soon again. That will speed up your complete recovery. Nice going. I hope you find someone to take your old sofas. I am sure you cannot wait for the new ones to arrive. I hear you about the second lockdown. 2020 has been and continues to be a challenging year. Hugs to you.

@canuk-gal thinking of you and hoping all is going well and you are feeling well. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 Ooh 2 rings from DK coming back to you. I cannot wait. :appl:
So pleased that your sweet nieces and you enjoyed Halloween. I am sure they looked adorable and were thankful for your help. Have a wonderful day and cannot wait to see your rings. :love: Hugs.

@MJ_Mac continued healing vibes and hugs across the miles.

@springerspaniel hope you are enjoying a good week. Hugs to you and the pups.

@Scandinavian hope you are enjoying the week and your family and having lovely weather. XOXO.

@Bayek big hugs and continued healing dust to your shoulder and hope the week is going well for you.

@MamaBee hello, hope the family is well and all is quiet by you. XOXO.

@Slick1 hope yesterday went well and sending you more good luck for the rest of the week. And big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going well. OK ladies I am off. We are starting cycling early today as Greg has a Mole Safe appointment this afternoon. So morning chores and then we are cycling. Have a wonderful day and perhaps I will see you later. Big hugs to all of you.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 6.29.24 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results