carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I totally loved seeing the whale pictures; someday I hope to see them myself. Can Greg sleep okay if you have the TV on in the bedroom? We had one in the bedroom at our last house but honestly never watched it. When I was in college I always had to have the radio on to fall asleep; it drowned out the noise of people coming and going. It took me years post college to sleep without it. I hope your phone quits freezing up; I am always kind of shocked how many apps I have open when I check. LOL. Yes, retirement does look better and better to me. Good luck with Greg’s tests. Woo hoo for hitting that 7K mark on the bike.

@Austina the fire in my state was mostly contained but there are 2 huge ones in Colorado that are close. Luckily I think they all got snowed on today so hopefully they are nothing but embers anymore. Luckily my car didn’t squawk about my tires either Friday or Saturday and I was a good wife and didn’t say “I told you so” to Marty. It was hard. Ha Ha. I hope it gets easier to take out the aligners when you eat. Have fun painting.

@bling_dream19 good idea to save the money from the eternity band for a future upgrade. My puppy likes to bother Marty on the couch; Marty was napping on it today and woke up to find the puppy watching him from the coffee table. I wonder how that happened? Your rings and bracelets look fabulous! Great new ballet flats.

@canuk-gal oh no for almost falling; I have reached a point where I absolutely dread walking on ice. I hope your tooth is doing better and the dentist gets you fixed right up.

@springerspaniel good luck with finishing your paper. I have trouble coming up an article for the paper every month.

We ran around a lot yesterday. We started with breakfast out then I donned a mask and picked up some groceries. Marty had a doctor appointment at about 2:30 and after he was done with that we went out for early supper. While we were eating Marty suggested I text some friends of ours to see if they wanted to meet us for a drink. Wee met them, played some cards then ended up back at our house for dessert. By the time they left the snow had started.

This morning I did my lifting and made homemade beef noodle soup. We had soup and cornbread for lunch; I am still full. I did get the laundry done and finished a book today as well.

A good friends of ours unexpectedly died last night. He apparently fell and hit his head on concrete. How awful. He was a nice and amusing man.

Take care.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As usual we are twins :kiss2: I figured you had a pair! I have leopard dresses and shirts but this is my first pair of shoes!

LOL I have so much leopard in my wardrobe. Much of it in Brooklyn. But some here. I am rushing to place an order for something but just want to share some quick pics I have handy to show you how much I adore leopard. I will be back later to respond to everyone here though. Happy Monday girls!

leopardboots.jpg

Leopard boots!

leopardleggings.jpg

Leopard leggings and my Dolce and Gabbana shoes.

Different leopard leggings. I have so many leopard pieces but most of them no photos.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.14.10 AM.png

Note the leopard sunglasses too. LOL.

Last pic I have readily available. With a loaner ring from Adam. This diamond was amazing but for the flatter crown that I couldn't love. Otherwise this would have been a yes.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.12.27 AM.png

Leopard in the background haha.

And lastly, but oh so not the least important (he's the most fiercely important!) the fierce mocha leopard we call Tommy. Roarrrrrrr.

tommythefiercemochaleopard.jpeg

I will be back later girls. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday girls. Hope a lovely weekend was enjoyed by everyone.

GM Marcy.

@missy I totally loved seeing the whale pictures; someday I hope to see them myself. Can Greg sleep okay if you have the TV on in the bedroom? We had one in the bedroom at our last house but honestly never watched it. When I was in college I always had to have the radio on to fall asleep; it drowned out the noise of people coming and going. It took me years post college to sleep without it. I hope your phone quits freezing up; I am always kind of shocked how many apps I have open when I check. LOL. Yes, retirement does look better and better to me. Good luck with Greg’s tests. Woo hoo for hitting that 7K mark on the bike.

Yes he can sleep with the TV on but he would prefer it not to be on. Though after more than 2 decades sleeping this way he is good. He has ear plugs but he doesn't like to wear them. I put on the closed captioning so I have the volume so low it is barely audible. I just read it and watch. Hahaha see? I am reading. Not books yet but trying to get there! I have way too many apps open on all my devices. That is a problem I agree. Woohoo to retirement soon maybe. LOL. I don't want to rush our lives away though Covid 19 I would like to rush away and say bah bye. Thanks for the congrats on the 7K. Given the weather that is coming and that is here at the moment we won't be moving the miles much further. Sigh. But we aren't giving up. And we shall see. No matter what transpires it was a good cycling season despite it all.

We ran around a lot yesterday. We started with breakfast out then I donned a mask and picked up some groceries. Marty had a doctor appointment at about 2:30 and after he was done with that we went out for early supper. While we were eating Marty suggested I text some friends of ours to see if they wanted to meet us for a drink. Wee met them, played some cards then ended up back at our house for dessert. By the time they left the snow had started.

This morning I did my lifting and made homemade beef noodle soup. We had soup and cornbread for lunch; I am still full. I did get the laundry done and finished a book today as well.

A good friends of ours unexpectedly died last night. He apparently fell and hit his head on concrete. How awful. He was a nice and amusing man.

Oh I am so so sorry @marcy :( How terrible. :(
I hope Marty's doctor appt went well (on a Saturday too wow) and glad you accomplished so much yesterday. Glad you had a lovely time with friends playing cards. Woohoo for lifting yesterday and making a delicious meal. Haha yes sometimes I am full for days after certain meals. Yet I always manage to eat more so no worries lol.

Have a good Monday and again, I am so sorry about your friend's untimely and unexpected death. :(
Hugs to you.

@springerspaniel thank you for your generous and lovely offer. I appreciate that. It is scary navigating the unknown and it is frustrating too. I am trying to be a detective for Greg and for me and we do have good doctors but I feel they are overwhelmed with all they have on their plates. So many patients and so much work and so little time and resources. I feel like it is a puzzle and that we are missing something critical and if only we could figure it out all would be well. All this to say thank you I appreciate your kind and generous offer and will reach out if I need to. Hope you have a wonderful Monday and big hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 thank you for always brightening the day. Your leopard and other purchases made me smile and for that I am so grateful. You look amazing in all your beautiful bling and clothes and other accessories. You have style girlfriend. XOXO.
Hope your Monday is a good day.

@Slick1 hope the rest of your weekend went well and your week is off to a lovely start. Hugs and have a good day.

@Austina how was the time change for you? Are you back to "normal" yet or suffering from jet lag? Even one hour affects me. Now instead of waking at 2:30 I will be waking at 1:30 once we turn our clocks back next week. Oy to the vey. Anyway hope all is well and please keep us posted re Adam and Kim's new family member. Hugs.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling Sharon? Hope you got in touch with the dentist and she or he can help you today if you still need it and hope your snow is melting and the temps warming up. Sending you warm big hugs and much love across the miles. And as always healing vibes and well wishes.

@Bayek hey there Great Kate. How are you feeling? How is the shoulder? How is the house building going? What is your ETA to move into your new home? Hugs and love and hope all is going well. Miss you. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope a splendid weekend was enjoyed by all. We cycled yesterday and it was cold, windy, cloudy but we persevered. I need to toughen up and get into my winter skin. 50 was freezing but to be fair there was no sun and it was windy. It's rainy today so no cycling plus Greg has lots of work so it works out. But we will be running errands later I hope.

We took a pic as we were cycling yesterday to show how gorgeous it was despite the cool cloudy windy weather.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 8.14.25 AM.png

Enjoy a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. Hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Your wedding set is perfect @bling_dream19, so I think you’ve made the right decision to return the eternity. If it didn’t sit well with them, it would throw the whole look off. Hey, more money to put toward a bigger diamond someday. :dance: I love your bangles they look so good together.

:lol: I’m another who loves a bit of animal print, I have tops, a belt and a pair or shoes.

It’s quite unbelievable isn’t it @springerspaniel, hopefully some news later this week. It’s hard to get a photo of the light on, because all you see is glare. Good luck with your paper.

C2122741-0428-44BD-A961-95CAC44CD090.jpeg

Oh my gosh, how awfully sad @marcy, the only consolation in these situation is that hopefully it was quick and painless. It’s a huge shock to those left behind when something like this happens. Hope Marty is OK. Yes, to retiring, although be prepared for wondering how you ever found time to work!

I hope you’ve managed to get an appt at the dentist to sort your tooth out @canuk-gal. It’s miserable having a achy mouth.

Yum, pizza @missy. Glad you managed to get out to cycle, the weather here has been foul all weekend, just as well we were otherwise busy. I woke up early yesterday, despite the clocks going back, so by the evening I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Adam has heard back from the rescue centre, they’re going to call him on Wednesday to discuss Marvin, so hopefully we’ll have some news soon.

We’ve had a really busy weekend. We painted the bathroom on the top floor and cleaned all the tiles on Saturday. Then I painted the coving on the ceiling up there while I had the white paint out. Yesterday we painted one of the bedrooms up there, and I got a first coat on all the woodwork. I got the second coat on today, cleaned the room and put everything back. Only 6 more bedrooms to go :lol:

C2122741-0428-44BD-A961-95CAC44CD090.jpeg 5F3BCB72-8590-4E38-85D2-42CAC7BBD9BA.jpeg FC0D47ED-0EB0-4321-9628-480F6E9CD775.jpeg

Just getting all the laundry done, then I’m finished for the day. :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy I LOVE all of your leopard! You look very stylish as always and fashionable!
@Austina Thsnk you sweet Austina for your kind comments. I'm thrilled with my wedding set and I really appreciate you leaning me towards not getting it redone. I LOVE your decorating! Your rooms look so cozy and inviting. You go girl on the painting!
@marcy Oh I'm sure Marty was saving him right? Lol:lol:
Good luck on your paper @springerspaniel you can do it!
Hi @Bayek
Love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy - great Leopard shots - what a zoo. Boo - bad. It was the best I could come up with right now. That’s good Greg can sleep through TV - Marty seems like he can sleep through anything. He says I can hear a gnat fly by. Love the cloud shot; so pretty. I hate the time change too. Marty still can’t get his MRI on his shoulder. He keeps arguing with our insurance which I keep telling him I wouldn’t do that but what do I know?

@Austina your light looks great. I still want new fans/lighting but what we have is fine. Thank you; I still don’t have any more details on our friends accident; he rides a motorcycle or could have fallen down the steps or on ice, I don’t know yet. Pretty sad. I hope Adam and Marvin are soon united; that would be perfect. You did a lot of house decorating this weekend; it looks fabulous.

@bling_dream19 yes Marty claims he was saving the puppy. Right.

When we were eating lunch Marty told me he didn’t want to tell me this but my puppy is a dumba*s and gets himself in trouble all the time. He told me as soon as I leave for work the puppy is running around breaking things, knocking things over and getting stuck. He claims the rabbits try to help him out but sometimes they have to send him a text to come help Marcy’s dumb puppy. Seems suspicious to me. Ha Ha Ha.

We ended up with 14” of snow. My satellite dish was left pointing to our local stations so I can’t get to the other channels I normally watch. Darn. I do have the newest episode of the Spanish Princess to watch so will catch that after supper. I have no intention of trudging through the snow to brush off our dish.

We heated up the leftover soup for lunch and I am trying to bake a hamburger patty on foil - I am being a dishes slacker. I’ll put it on a piece of toast - voila supper. I did brew up a batch of chocolate chip cookies so have 2 of those for dessert.

I worked from home today and will do the same tomorrow. Yay.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings NIRDIs! I have been busy busy busy with house stuff, we are getting down to the wire, I came in her this morning to read NIRDIs all the way but I read some of the new threads and then too late! off to P/T then back then to the house to meet with people, some people stopped by because they were thinking of maybe buying one of the two lots left, they started talking to our builder's foreman who was at the house with us.. very nice couple but they want to build a 7K square foot house and ours in 3,400 and the guy next door is 5,000 most others are 3,400 to 4,100, I said I thought maybe they should keep looking because that is way out of line with the other price of houses in our little street, but they were so nice I wish they would.

So, we are good, Auti, my boys and John are all good, nothing much new in any of our lives really, Chris is going with Katie to a friends for Thanksgiving, Mike and John and I are thinking of having Thanksgiving outside! we shall see, it could be chilly here by then, Halloween is this Sat, I have my 2 loud pumpkins outside.. I've held off baking because John and I now have Covid weight ugh.

House is not much farther along in one way since last week, but we do have some idea of when things will wrap up, end of November! floors should start end of next week!!

Okay so info on the pool Grey Lueder stone for the coping around the pool. The pool color is Pebblesheen Blue Surf, it looks really bright there but or pool will be in the sun most of the day and the pool color will be more like the 2nd pix during most of the day.

1603756251471.png 1603757818243.png

nothing being done on the outdoor kitchen, but water is done, septic is done! have no date as to when the appliances will arrive, but the granite and quartz should be installed late next week..this has been arduous, it wasn't any worse than what I thought it would be but it's been damn draining, between covid, building this house, and Cara (who's better, she had a MRI last Wed and so far they haven't found anything else)..

I will read back after I post this.

I love you all! looking forward to getting up in the morning and having tea and reading PS..

be back later ..

@missy miss you, Chris isn't coming home for either holiday, it is throwing me into a funk of huge proportions, we may drive to the city but we would have to stay in hotels and get a hotel in brooklyn etc.. big pita ya know.. loves you ... xoxoxo

xoxoxo to everyone !

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!!!!!!
I'm back! I promise... At least I promise that I'll really really try!!! The world is so hard right now, isn't it? I'm OK, just not a lot of energy, LOL. Summer was basically holiday with the children at different cabins. This fall, I have prioritised the dogs (and myself..) a bit, and spent a lot of time in the mountains. My mother is well for now, all though she has aged a lot from the chemo that she underwent last year / this spring. She is okay for now, but it feels like she is 20 years older than she was one year ago. She tires very easily, but I'm very grateful that she still drives her car without problems, it allows her to get around a bit.
Don't get me started on Covid19. I hate it. Hate limitations, not seeing friends, rules, regulations, zoom meetings, and all the rest of it. Come to think of it, I might head back into the wilderness soon, LOL At least there we can meet people (who has been isolated for weeks, lol).

@missy, how are you doing? I LOVE all that leopard! And the kitties? And Greg? I'll try to read up, but hope for tiny little resume...
@marcy, retirement sounds wonderful, I'm contemplating it myself. Turns out I prefer dogs over (most) people
@Bayek. the pool pictures look wonderful! Is that the one you have decided to get?
@Austina, how is life in your end of the world?

Tons of hugs!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Sorry I didn't get to say good morning and I just have a quick moment to say hey. All is well. I wanted to say hello to everyone.

@marcy OMG 14" of snow, arghhh. And oh no to Marty having trouble with the insurance company approving the MRI. I hope that gets sorted out very soon so he can get the tests he needs. Yum to soup. And yay to working from home for the next 2 days. Sweet. XO.

Speaking of snow @canuk-gal how are you doing and how are you feeling? How is your tooth? And what's your snow situation like? My new Olang boots just came! Woohoo. Haven't opened it yet as we just got back from cycling. Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling much better. XO.

@bling_dream19 thank you and right back at ya. I love leopard, stripes, dots haha you name it. Hope your week is going well and hugs.

@Bayek I miss you too sweet Kate the Great! Cannot wait for you to be able to move into your new home. I am so happy it is all coming together. And yes to PT and healing that shoulder. So glad Cara is doing better. Aww I am sorry Chris isn't coming home for the holidays. I know that is a huge disappointment. Whatever you do please be safe. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian hello there dear girl! So glad your mom is doing OK! And it is to be expected the treatment took a bit of a toll and hopefully she will be back to herself very soon. Main thing is she is here with you and doing well. Big hugs to you. Missed seeing you here but online or not we are always off-line friends. Always. Hugs.

@springerspaniel hope you are enjoying a good and calm week and all is well. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 so happy you got to see your kids! I am very sorry you are dealing with yet another issue healthwise and I continue to send bucketloads of healing dust your way. Hugs and love and keeping you in my thoughts. We have something in common re problem toes. Oy to the vey. XOXO.

@Austina how is everything going? Hope you are enjoying a lovely day. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going well. We enjoyed running errands yesterday as it was raining the whole day but it was good to get things accomplished and I organized one of my closets too so yay for that. We just got back from a bike ride today that was much pretty comfortable temp wise. It was in the high 50s today with a much calmer wind than Sunday. No sun to speak for the past week or so but I'll take any day where we can cycle. OK offline now and will check back tomorrow. Hugs to all of you and stay safe and be well.

Sharing with you our deer viewing today. SO sweet. Oh and yes one of the local cats came out to say hey.

There were 4 deer! But only got one photo. They were not frightened of us at all. So sweet.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.06.57 PM.png

And one of the kitties we see while riding every week. He is a sweet baby.
He saw us approaching on the road and he came over to the road and plopped down in front of us and started rolling around LOL.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.10.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.08.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.08.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.08.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.08.38 PM.png

OK that's all for now lovely ladies. Big hugs!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
Just getting all the laundry done, then I’m finished for the day. :wavey:
[/QUOTE]

6 bedrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel an arm ache coming on!!!

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning girls!
@missy Such a sweet little kitty:kiss2:
@Calliecake :wavey:

Not much happening here, so I’ll try to entertain you with a few pictures from my summer holiday

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian have you seen our newest kitty additions? I cannot remember if I sent you their photos.

Sweet (not so sweet lol) Gracie Frances. Sweet when she wants to be lol.
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.14.28 AM.png

And Oliver Barney. He is pretty sweet. Much of the time.
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.14.05 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You get the picture, dogs, birds, campfires and mountains. Oh, and the occasional Rudolf (think of Santa) LOL Can you spot the birds?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You get the picture, dogs, birds, campfires and mountains. Oh, and the occasional Rudolf (think of Santa) LOL Can you spot the birds?

Yes I do. Luckily Gracie and Oliver are inside or those birds would be in trouble lol. They are quite the little hunters :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian have you seen our newest kitty additions? I cannot remember if I sent you their photos.

Sweet (not so sweet lol) Gracie Frances. Sweet when she wants to be lol.
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.14.28 AM.png

And Oliver Barney. He is pretty sweet. Much of the time.
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.14.05 AM.png

Not sure, I might have been stalking you.. But I have seen them. They really are soooo precious!!!!
The children and I are okay, just a little bored. The children are attending school again, Covid cases went down during summer. But are of course spiking a little again now, so everybody is starting the whole home-office thing again now. The government is pretending to do something to get the situation under control before the holidays. As of now, keeping schools open is priority number one, but we will see. How is things at your end?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure, I might have been stalking you.. But I have seen them. They really are soooo precious!!!!
The children and I are okay, just a little bored. The children are attending school again, Covid cases went down during summer. But are of course spiking a little again now, so everybody is starting the whole home-office thing again now. The government is pretending to do something to get the situation under control before the holidays. As of now, keeping schools open is priority number one, but we will see. How is things at your end?

Infection rate is getting sky high here. Dire situation as I see it. I am concerned. We are doing the best we can. Cycling and staying away from others and trying to remain active when we cannot cycle due to inclement weather which of course is happening more now that autumn is progressing. My nieces are in school for hybrid learning meaning some days in school and some days online. They are adjusting well. They are very intelligent girls though so I don't know how everyone else is handling it as I think it is quite challenging. But it is only temporary and just hoping we can all get past this difficult time safely.

I might have sent you photos of the kitties lol. I don't remember. Hugs to you and the kids and your sweet DH and your mom too. We all just have to hang in there. And one day we will meet up again in person and celebrate being through this challenging time in all our lives. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nieces are getting out and socializing hopefully safely.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.25.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 6.25.28 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian what a beautiful place to live and absorb all that gorgeous scenery.. glad you are back, i'm in and out, hopefully when our house is done I will be back more consistently. sending happy vibes to you and yours.

@missy My shoulder is better Missy, Friday is my last physical therapy appt., I think we have gone as far as my copay can go and the therapist is leaving to take a position in New Orleans and I don't want to start with another one at this time. Not much new Missy, I'll post some stuff below, okay so how's your toe? how's mom and dad? your gorgeous nieces? sister and BIL? Greg is coming up on a year with his new knee, what does he say, does it work well, is he pleased, you have probably said all this above but it's hard to read without getting interrupted. I hate Covid as you know, but I love saying it cause it makes me feel better. love you, there's the ying and yang of life Missy, for the bad there is always the good also. Boy the nieces are growing up and your pix are always glorious and full of love. oh to be a teen again, NOT.. lol.. yes about the infection going sky high, Texas is a pandemic in itself, it's everywhere, so tomorrow I'm having Auti all day.. at some point I'm going to get it I know.. her mom needs a break and I miss Autumn so there you. It's been rainy here and cold for Texas high 30s ahem @Austina fyi! . Loves you my marvelous Missy!

@Austina man, all the painting, work, I must say I am lazy.. house looks beautiful, are you putting on the market soon? how is your weather, chilly here girl. miss you and hope to see you in 21, I know I will.. xoxoxo

okay pool tile choice time.

1603887966164.png National pool tile pg 67 Silverstone series - Color is Marine

1603889033858.png National pool tile page 39, Trident series - color is Turquoise and

1603889150217.png National pool tile page 34, Oceans series - color is Aqua

Color picked for pool is Blue Surf (aka Blue Smurf) I leaned towards Blue Granite but John liked this one better because everything is GREY, patio, coping.. so it's fine with me.

1603889341225.png
Blue Surf with grey coping, we are going to place the black granite around the outer perim that you see in this pix since John wants it.. me meh.. I like it but again we are blowing the budget. that's life.

Be back tomorrow late I hope as we have Autumn all day 9 to 5 so Grannie on the play time! can't wait.

love you all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Welcome back @Scandinavian, lovely to hear from you. Great photos of your summer, glad you were able to commune with the great outdoors with the doggies and munchkins. You haven’t missed much, It’s been wear, wash, repeat! :lol:

Did you manage to get your pink tutu on your ring fixed? Good news your Mum is doing OK, chemo is brutal so I’m not surprised she’s feeling the ravages of it.

Sorry you won’t be seeing your NY boy for the holidays @Bayek, this Covid lark is getting very boring. We’re just waiting for BA to cancel our Christmas flights so we can get our refund. Glad things are progressing on the house, albeit S L O W L Y, I’m getting impatient for you to be in and enjoying your beautiful new home. Adam said it was cold there over the weekend, he was talking about 75 degs :roll: We told him that’s tropical in our world. We won‘t put the house on the market till we’re further along in the process. Hopefully anytime between March & May, the first part will be complete, then we have to go for an interview, medical and whatever else is deemed necessary, and once we’re sure it’s all systems go, we’ll put the house up for sale. We’re starting the decorating now because unlike when we moved in, we’ll do it slowly. Colin is finding being nearly 10 years older than when we did it before, that it’s hard going.

:angryfire: It makes me so cross that insurance companies are only too eager to take your money, but when it comes to making a claim, they don’t want to pay up @marcy. Hopefully Marty can get his diagnostics done and get sorted out. 14” of snow, that’s just unthinkable.

Did you managed to get your tooth sorted out @canuk-gal ?

Hope your week is going well @bling_dream19 .

We are bracing ourselves here too @missy, figures are going up alarmingly, although fortunately not in our immediate area, so we hope it stays that way. The Govt are introducing localised lockdowns in hotspots, and we feel that is definitely the way to go. It’s great that your nieces seem to be coping well, my PT also has teenage daughters, and she said they’re just getting on with it, don’t seem to mind wearing masks at school. We can only do what we feel necessary in order to keep safe, and if we have to endure another lockdown, so be it, we can’t do anything else, and I’m trying not to think or stress about it. I love the photos of your 2 little ‘angels’, they’re just so adorable.

We’ve been having fun and games here, something is tripping one of the circuit breakers, so we’ve been going around the house, switching things off and on in an effort to find out the cause. We originally thought it was the Sky TV box, but we unplugged them all this morning, and when we got back, the circuit breaker had tripped again, so it doesn’t appear to be that :doh:

I’ve been busy painting the woodwork and doors on the top floor, so they’re done now and I’m not doing anymore this week!

I took Colin to have his flu jab today, they’ve set up a drive through at our local hobby airport. It’s really efficient, he booked an appt, but we were early, so we were able to just drive in, he stuck his arm out of the car, they administered the jab and we were off, took less than 5 minutes.

We stopped off at the supermarket for a few bits and pieces and were in and out in less than 15 minutes. Lovely big wide aisles, and not very busy.

I’m shattered now and looking forward to an early night, as we had to get up at 1.30am because Colin got a text from the alarm people to say there was a problem. The circuit breaker had tripped, and the alarm is on that circuit. We spoke to an electrician this afternoon, and he’s said he’s never heard of a Sky box causing the problem, so suggested we plug it back in, and unplug everything else on the circuit, so that’s what we’ve done. The only other thing we think it might be is the hall lamp that’s on a timer, so we’ll see what happens next.

This week is flying by, Adam has a call about Marvin at 1pm, so hopefully we’ll know more later this evening. :pray:

:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now my induction hob isn’t working :wall:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Bayek you are certainly busy with everything going on; hopefully your house gets finished before you know it. Glad to hear Cara is better and a MRI didn’t see anything else going on.

@Scandinavian you’ve had a busy summer. I am glad to hear your mom is doing okay but I hate to hear chemo was so hard on her; I know it is a nasty process. I’m with you on hating what is going on from COVID. I contemplate retirement more each day and I prefer stuffed animals over most people. Great minds think alike. I love all of your pictures; especially those that look like a postcard.

@missy we ended up with 15” of snow and so far it’s not melting much. Nice to run errands and organize a closet. Too cute the cat came over and put on a show for you and Greg. He knows some cat lovers when he sees them. Gracie and Oliver look sweet in pictures (when they want to be anyway). I am glad to hear your cute nieces are doing well.

Hi @Calliecake - thank you for checking on me today. I appreciate it.

@canuk-gal I’m tired just thinking of cleaning 6 bedrooms. I got an email from Tiffanys that scrolled through some of their high end jewelry - made me think of you and that I’d best pick up a lotto ticket. They had some gorgeous stuff.

@Austina I am not feeling bad for Adam’s 75 degree weather - that sounds quite warm to me right now. Ha Ha. I am sure after the heat he is used to that is cold though. Hopefully you’ll have all the finishing touches done on your house by the spring and everything is approved and ready to go. Springtime is a good time to sell houses around here. Supposedly we have a good insurance plan but they are sure fighting paying for Marty’s MRI. We haven’t used it too often so we will see what happens. Oh no for something tripping the circuit breaker; did you figure it out? At our last house we couldn’t run the toaster and microwave at the same time or it would throw the switch. How awful the circuit breaker triggered an alert to your alarm company; it’s good to know they are watching out for you though.

I ventured to work today; the hill between our house and a main road was icy all the way down but I went slow and didn’t have any problems on it. Main roads aren’t bad. The street out front is awful. Our satellite dish still won’t get anything but locals. I have had on SLING tonight and watched some videos.

I lifted after work then baked myself a chicken finger for supper and had cottage cheese and carrots with it.

Since Saturday I have found the puppy shoved in the cushions of the loveseat, caught head first in a drawer and on top of the TV. Marty claims he is innocent.
Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results