carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Warm bright sunny calm day! @Jimmianne just wanted to throw you a curveball!!!!! :) Hope your new ring is home soon.

Hope all NIRDI's are AOK. Had a semi long cycle today--paths were busy! Had errands to do but got a ride in.

This week is supposed to be great weather wise---and I don't work much so win-win! Mind you, both of those situations could change quickly!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday.

@MamaBee how is Chris doing today? How are you? Did you enjoy a lovely calm drive yesterday? How are the temps by you? Super hot here. Hugs.

@Niffler75 what is your son up to these days? What is keeping him engaged and happy? How are you doing and how is your DH doing? XOXO.

@canuk-gal woohoo so glad you have a quiet work week and some lovely weather to enjoy. I am going to live vicariously through you for now since cycling is off the table so to speak for a while. More on that below. How is your mom and son doing? Hope they are continuing to heal and do well. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you enjoyed a good Sunday and enjoyed your loved ones. Hugs to you. Any plans this week?

@Jimmianne when are you getting your newest Sepkus addition? Looking forward to seeing it and to you enjoying it. Hugs to you and your sweet puppy.

@springerspaniel how was your weekend and how is Ellie doing? XO.

@junebug17 how is your brother doing? I hope you enjoyed golf and a good weekend and are staying comfortable.

Hi to everyone else. I hope everyone had a good weekend and is doing well.

I have some fun news and not so fun news. Yesterday we hit 3,000 miles on the bike since we started cycling mid May. We rode 73 miles yesterday to hit that 3K mark. It was hot but it was fun. The not so fun news is I have been dealing with eczema behind my knees for the past 2 months or so and it is quite exacerbated by the constant wetting of my legs as we are cycling to prevent the capillary bleeding in my legs.After our ride yesterday I was in pain. On the scale of 1 to 10 it was a solid 7. It's pretty unpleasant. And it looks as bad as it feels. The worse it has been so I think I am going to have to take a cycling break. My body is rebelling no matter what I do. It sucks but I am not going to let it get me down. It's extremely hot here today (might break a record here today heat index mid 100s and actual temps near 100) and tomorrow so not the worst thing in the world to take a little cycling break tho I wish we could cycle. My eczema is stinging so bad still. Over 24 hours since we cycled and it isn't letting up much. I have never had it like this before. Such is life. OK enough about that. Onto pics.

Large ice cream. I am going to miss that but no cycling no large ice cream at Dave's place. Gotta draw the line somewhere lol.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.48.29 AM.png

And we saw a new (to us) species of duck yesterday. Cool.

856289F4-5CA3-44A6-B209-29DEE449C2F1.jpeg

Beautiful, aren't they? I just love them. :love:

And a serene view as we enjoyed cycling despite the heat. And it was HOT yesterday. Hence the need to pour water over my legs. If it wasn't for Schamberg disease tho I could withstand the heat and not pour water on my legs but IDK if you remember how bad Schamberg was re the bleeding. It was like a crime scene. LMK if anyone wants to see those pics. I am sure I could find them. Not pretty. But onto the pretty pic.
It was somewhat hazy yesterday but lovely nonetheless.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.55.08 AM.png

Woohoo hit 73 plus miles yesterday ad 3K for the summer so far.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.49.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 5.48.53 AM.png

Greg has a full dental workup and cleaning today scheduled with our friend and her hygienist so I am on my own for the morning.
Then not sure what we shall do since cycling needs to be off the table right now.

Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Monday. Be well and stay safe. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oy, if it’s not one thing it’s another, a total no-win situation @missy. I’m sorry your eczema has flared up and is going to stop you cycling. I don’t recall if I’ve mentioned this, but when I was 19 I woke up one day and my face had swelled up twice it’s size and was covered in eczema. It was horrendous and took quite a while to clear up. I’ve had flare up over the years, but thankfully, not for quite a while. I hope you can get it to clear up so you can get back to cycling. Those ducks are lovely, we generally only see the common mallards and sometimes mandarin ducks, we also see mixed breeds of white and mallards.

The colour of the sky on your ride is so blue it almost doesn’t look real. We’ve only had grey skies here this weekend, and rain, it’s certainly greened the grass up. What a bummer getting a puncture on your ride, thank goodness Greg was able to fix it and get you back on the road again.

Another Sepkus ring @Jimmianne, you’re incorrigible :lol: Can’t wait to see it.

What a huge relief @MamaBee, hopefully Chris will continue to improve.

Yay to good weather and less work @canuk-gal, the perfect combination.

Has your son found any more creepy crawlies @Niffler75 ?

Have you decided on the house colour yet @Bayek? It’s all coming along really well. Is the pool gunite lined? Auti is looking so cute! I hope you’re coping with the pain and not finding it too unbearable.

We had to be up early today for the electrician, he fitted a new fused socket for the under floor heating, and replaced a shaver socket in Colin’s bedroom so that‘s all fixed now.

We had our dental appointments this afternoon, and it was fine, they were all set up for us, then we popped in to Costco to get fruit.

Sorry for the quick post and run, I’m feeling really tired today, not used to getting up early any more :lol:

Hopefully if it’s dry tomorrow, we’ll meet Rob & Sue for a walk.

Take care lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
@missy I am so sorry about your eczema! Do you think it will ease when the weather cools down? My son loves making mini animations. He uses an app called flip a clip and he can make animations and add background scenery and music. He is currently working on an Iron Man project!
@Austina Ha, no creepy crawlies today. It's been pouring with rain here! Goodness knows what tomorrow is going to bring! I promised @MamaBee no more photos!
@Jimmianne Can't wait to see your new Sepkus ring. Where is it coming from? How many do you have now?

All quiet here, not much to report! Getting a few more DIY jobs done before my husband possibly going back to work in August. :shock:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
@missy I am so sorry about your eczema! Do you think it will ease when the weather cools down? My son loves making mini animations. He uses an app called flip a clip and he can make animations and add background scenery and music. He is currently working on an Iron Man project!
@Austina Ha, no creepy crawlies today. It's been pouring with rain here! Goodness knows what tomorrow is going to bring! I promised @MamaBee no more photos!
@Jimmianne Can't wait to see your new Sepkus ring. Where is it coming from? How many do you have now?

All quiet here, not much to report! Getting a few more DIY jobs done before my husband possibly going back to work in August. :shock:

Thank you so much @Niffler Hahahaha I’m TERRIFIED of big bugs. I never saw one like that. I’ve been stressing out about tiny bugs I saw at my Maryland house. The choice between them and a chance of me getting the Coronavirus because my husband is still working was easy. I came home!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy I am upset your eczema is flaring. I wish the cool waters/waves that you back onto, could somehow relieve your discomforts.

@MamaBee the worry of a parent never abates. I send healing vibes your way!

Laundry day (lol Terminator) followed by a nice walk to the market. Weather wise the day is "my" perfection. Except the plumbers woke me earlier than I cared..how is a girl to get her beauty sleep??? (@Austina can you relate? LOL)

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy I loved the turtle pic!!! Soo cute. And I'm soo sorry you're so uncomfortable. The body heals while resting.
I hope everyone is doing well! Happy Monday, it's hot here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne I totally laughed out loud about @canuk-gal and my weather; that certainly applies to us every single day. I love the idea of using bears to block off tables in restaurants. I won’t tell Marty though he’s volunteer my crew for sure. Sweet for snagging another Spekus band. I bought another band myself yesterday.

@missy you are so right - work is a bear and a killer rabbit all rolled in to one. What a cute little deer. We were in the 90’s here today too; I had to crank open my sunroof to help cool off my car. Gracie probably has to be sassy to deal with Oliver; I am so glad they get along now. Sweet on doing 115 pound leg presses. I am with you on arms; I keep trying to push the weight load back up and then my shoulder and arm start complaining loudly. Compared to where I was before lifting I do notice a difference. I can lift weight off the floor but not pick it up and push it over my head. Hopefully Greg can figure out how to make a device you can pull around since you like it. Mega dust to your dad that the injection next week helps his vision. Love the moody skies and gorgeous sunrise. Cute turtle, mmm to large ice cream and the lake (ocean) picture is beautiful. I am so sorry to hear about your eczema flareup; I hope it gets better soon. Woo hoo for over 3000 miles. What an awesome looking duck.

@junebug17 glad to hear you like your car too; I have no complaints at all. I guess a pad sapphire will be my elusive stone but it gives me something to dream about. Good plan to stay in SC through next month. Shopping for new patio furniture sounds like fun.

@Bayek so true that busy days at work are better than slow. Those slow days drag by the busy days are just done! Progress on your house looks great. I really like the color you picked and while all the accent colors look great I lean towards the top one. Auti is growing and getting cuter each day.

@canuk-gal happy hour on the patio is well deserved on days without rain or hail. Ha Ha we are both throwing @Jiimmianne a curveball; it’s hot and sunny here today as well.

@Niffler75 how cute your son is a cricket whisperer. Nice to get some DIY projects done.

@MamaBee I am so glad Chris’s numbers are better today. Sending him mega dust.

@Austina you had a busy day with home repairs and a dental visit. Yay for a good report card at the dentist. I hope you get rested up tonight and can enjoy a walk tomorrow with your friends.

@bling_dream19 it sounds like most of us are dealing with hot weather. Stay cool.

I got my article tweaked and emailed off for the local newspaper yesterday. Then I started on the August newsletter. I only have 3 more pages to do so I’m ahead of the game there.

I lifted in the morning yesterday, finished laundry and read quite a bit. Marty cleaned his gym so we had a late lunch. He grilled some steaks for us and I “cooked” cottage cheese and tomatoes for our side dishes. It was a nice weekend.

I decided my sapphire shopping will just wait until shopping can be more normal so I ordered myself a sapphire band. If I don’t like it; I’ll trade it for something later. The sapphires are about .12 carat each, the ring is rose gold and has little diamond accents. I get it Thursday.

Take care.
Marcy

IMG_1632.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello to EVERYONE!

@missy hi Missy, did you see that haircut John gave me, ha! its terrible but I still love him. House is coming along but we will be coming up on a slow down according to the builder. How's everyone? Your pictures are beautiful Missy, just stunning, when we take time in our lives - we see beauty everywhere. And the dreaded nail in tire, so glad Greg is up to changing the tire, that is always a worry when one rides a bike/cycle etc nails. miss you Missy. I get eczema behind my knees and then I use OTC steroid cream, I think we had discussed this before and you can't use the OTC I hope there it clears Missy, John get's it horribly on his elbows, his derm told him to use an OTC cream every night and it did the trick for him.. love you GIRL, just love you.. hi to Greg, kids and family. xoxoxoxoxoxo

@MamaBee Glad Chris is doing better, and girl thank you for being so incredibly nice about the butcher of Texas, John and my hair!!! are we not all sick sick sick of COVID? how's the new baby and toddler boy doing? Shotzie? take care.

@Niffler75 love the crickets! your son is such a son! isn't it great? boys make you laugh (since I never had a girl) .... enjoy him :love:

@springerspaniel how's Ellie doing? good I hope.. hope you are too..

@junebug17 your outdoor project sounds great.. glad you are enjoying SC.. hope the kids and husband and family are faring well!

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon, sounds like things are looking up in the North land!

@Jimmianne it's so wonderful you have a puppy, life is always so much better with an animal(s) when do you think you will come back to the USA for a visit.. hope all is well in France. xoxoxo

@missy how's mom and dad? xoxoxoxo

@bling_dream19 hey! hope all is well, I forget, do you have a bling project still out there? have a great week girl.

@rainwood sending a big hello from Texas.

@marcy so how's things with you and the job? and Marty and you of course. xo

@Slick1 what's new? how is the healing etc going? sometimes my jaw aches and I worry it's starting again but there is never any sign of infection. Sending you a kate hug girl!

@Scandinavian hope all is well with your family!

@sarahb also sending you a big Texas hola!

@Austina weather broke for a bit, but the heat is coming back, but I have been so lazy, not doing a thing, nervous etc so I don't go out, I do not perspire, I am a person who sweats bullets! in the new house I will have a room called the 'treadmill room' just for me and my good old treadmill, can't wait to get this all over with xoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds hi Daisy hope all is well in NZ.

@mrs-b hey lady, Wed i am off to have my right shoulder replaced (a nothing compared to what you have experienced for sure) but it means my right arm will be out of commission for 6 weeks minimum and I wanted to throw a love your way Mrs B and tell you that my friendship with you has been wonderful and I enjoyed meeting you so much and I send healing, loving and caring dust and vibes to you.

@AGBF Deb, I am having my right shoulder replaced Wednesday and will be out of commission for weeks - I have a great love for you Deb, we are so alike in many many ways.. you are a spectacular mother, a brilliant mind (like minds you know Deb) please hold Deb in high esteem and remember her, you do your best and you are strong.. lucky me for being your friend. xoxoxo

@Calliecake hey there lady!!! As you can read I am having my shoulder replaced and will be out of commission for a while, I sincerely hope all is well and all the new and exciting things going on in your life! it's great.. enjoy those grands, they are GRAND.. mucho love Callie and we shall keep up the good fight for our beliefs. all love!

So I am having my right shoulder replaced (cut, butchered, torn apart, shredded, rebuilt , did I ever tell you guys that my mother told me I was overly dramatic, she used to call me - no lie - Catherine Bernhard, for some old school actress who was overly dramatic!! personally ladies it's who I am, I love to laugh) this Wednesday morning. Sort of scary with Covid etc (infection, anesthesia, etc) only be in the hospital for one night YAY... but this will be a long recovery according to everything I know and read and what my surgeon said. Won't be able to type for months so I will be hunting and pecking once I am able so bear with me, I am also excited to have this done because I have lived in pain for 2 years now, enuf. enuf. enuf. I want you all to know that you have made my life happier, more beautiful, thoughtful, kind and considerate, all those things you have thrown my way and I love each and every one of you - you are part of what I have called for years 'The Kate Love Circle' I care about you all. Thank you so much for being my friend, it's been rough for me for almost a year now, moving so fast, the shoulder, the house, the house, Salley is failing, she won't eat her food, she was on antibiotic but he is very old now.. WE all know how this goes and WE ALL know the pain of seeing this.. On the other side, I have Auti and my son's and Cara and my babalicious John.. I've had a lot in my life and I am thankful.. So please know you guys are in my heart and my soul. So with good luck and good medicine I'll be back on in a while, I just tried to type with one hand, expect short updates girls XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO ad infinitum

Be back as soon as I can!!!

peace.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Tuesday.

@Bayek I did not see the haircut. I haven't been on IG lately, is that where it is? I will go check it out. I have been seriously considering cutting off my hair since it is thinning and looks awful. I don't look good with short hair but better short and neat vs long and sloppy IMO. Thank you for enjoying my photos. I love yours too. Sorry that you also get eczema behind the knees. I have been dealing with this since last summer but not at this level. The eczema cream calmed it down a bit but I still cannot go cycling. It is going to be a heat index of 105 today and it will be in the 90s all week here. I could go cycling if I could wet my legs with water as we are cycling to prevent the Schambergs disease from manifesting but I cannot do that because that will aggravate my eczema. I am in an untenable situation but it's OK. I will adapt and enjoy doing another activity. And hopefully I can get back to cycling. I am sorry John also suffers with eczema. It sucks. I wish I could use topical steroids but it becomes systemic even when applying topically and I don't do great with steroids. I am lucky my derm David had an opening for Thursday and I am heading into the city then to see him. I know there is no magic potion he can give me but I do want his eyes on it and he knows how important cycling is to me so maybe just maybe he can offer advice. Though I think the advice will be no cycling while it is summer (once it is in the 70s I have to start dousing my legs with water so that really blows). We shall see. I love you girlie and I love your family too. I am sending you so many good wishes for your upcoming shoulder surgery and I cannot wait for you to be pain free. The sooner the better and you are going to come through it A OK. It is scary but you will sail through it and be A OK! Big hugs to all of you Kate the very great and wise and wonderful. XOXO.

@Austina I do remember your face swelling incident and I am glad you are past that and doing well. I explained a lot in my post to Kate above. It is a challenging situation but like all the challenging situations to date we will manage. I am disappointed about not cycling for the foreseeable future but I am hopeful I will be able to resume at some point though not with the same mileage as before. We managed to do 3K miles since we have been back here so that is pretty sweet. I have to look on the bright side and it could be much worse. Thank you for your comforting words and all your good wishes. I hope you get to enjoy a walk today with your friends and that your weather improves. It is beastly hot here but the sky is super blue as is the ocean. Greg is enjoying swimming in the backyard sea and I enjoy watching him in the cool air inside the house haha. Aren't the ducks beautiful? I adore all the species of ducks and am glad you get to enjoy them too. I couldn't imagine eating such beautiful animals. XO.

@marcy moody sky is the perfect description. I hear you on weights and making our shoulders squawk afterwards. So far the pulley resistance system I ordered from Amazon is working well. I mean it isn't as good as a weight machine but it is perfect re space and cost and for now I will continue using that and see what the future holds. We just don't have the space for a weight machine at either home not to mention the cost times two. Only 3 more PT sessions left so then I am on my own. Darn you were in the 90s too. Our heat index was 105 yesterday with an actual temp of 97! Crazy hot. But if not for my eczema and Schamberg disease I could have enjoyed cycling. And ice cream. Oh well. Glad you got to lift and finished your laundry and enjoyed reading too Sunday. Sweet. And I love your new sapphire band. Bluetiful. I did some shopping (online) too. But I ordered a few dresses (@bling_dream19 from our dress place) and tops. Who knows when it will arrive though as Covid is delaying all orders. And Costco is still out of many things we need. I shudder to think what will happen when our infection numbers increase even more as we are not yet in a second wave but still cannot get supplies. XO.

@bling_dream19 thanks for your kind words. One day at a time. I ordered some new dresses from MC and of course they involve polka dots haha. I am obsessed with polka dots. How is your week going? Is it super hot by you? I love turtles so much. Yes to resting and healing. Hugs to you sweet friend.

@MamaBee I will contact you later and hope Chris had another decent night and is doing well. Big hugs from me and from Greg and hope you got a good night's sleep. You need to take care of yourself. XO.

@Slick1 hope all is going smoothly and you are enjoying a nice week. And staying cool. Hope J's AC is working well. Hugs to you.

@Jimmianne I hope you are enjoying your sweet puppy and that you are spending time engaged in gardening and all the artistic endeavors you love and enjoy. I am picturing you with your big glamorous hat on gardening and just enjoying each day to the fullest. You have the most charming french home in a magical place and I am so pleased you are near your daughter and enjoying each day. One day at a time. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

@canuk-gal thank you so much. I am glad you enjoyed a perfect weather day and a nice walk during it. I am sorry the plumbers woke you. Good for you getting your laundry done. Hope you enjoy another sweet day minus getting woken too early. Hope you are having sweet dreams as I type this post.

@Niffler75 how is Hershey doing? And is he still taking the thyroid meds voluntarily? It is a hassle with Tommy and most days we have to pill him vs him taking it in a pill pocket. Hope your kitties are doing well and hugs to all of you.

@springerspaniel hope the week is going smoothly and everyone is doing well. Hugs.

@mrs-b how are you today dear lady? I am continuing sending you good wishes and hugs and hope today is a good day. The trials and tribulations continue here but one day at a time and one hour at a time when that gets to be overwhelming. Greg and I continue to keep you in our thought and prayers and all the best to your sweet dear hubby too.

@rainwood thanks for that thought but I don't think so. I have been dealing with eczema behind my knees for over a year now but it is flaring badly. Worse than ever but sadly I believe it is eczema tho perhaps it is also something else on top of it. Who knows. All I do know is my Schamberg disease on top of this makes it a challenging situation. But adapt or perish or something like that so I must. I wish I lived in the Pacific northwest because the cloudy cool weather is my jam. My body rebels in the sun and heat and also in the extreme cold. The NE is so not a good place for my health but moving is not a good option. At least right now but not even sure we could do it in the future. It would be expensive and difficult. But we shall see. Thank you for brainstorming for me. Big hugs and much love to you.

Yesterday we ran errands and spent time together just hanging out talking and it was a good day despite the heat and no cycling. And no ice cream. LOL I could have had last night but I wasn't in the mood. My derm's manager called me and put me in to see him this thursday. I had an appointment initially this Thursday but canceled it before the extreme flare and I emailed her yesterday. Anyway she called me an hour after I emailed her because she had an opening for that day. Tho at a later time but it's OK so I am going to see David though I realize there is no magical cure. It just is. But I would like to get his eyes on it and see what his thoughts are. Plus I have a suspicious nevus on my chest that I need him to evaluate too. So I will get both things looked at.

Today is another hot day and I would rather not go cycling as my eczema is not happy and no water can touch it without extreme pain so I am leaving it alone. When I washed my hair yesterday the pain was awful and it flared even more. Water is the enemy of my eczema. IDK if that is usual for eczema or not but man it stung so bad and it kept stinging for the rest of the day. Oy to the vey. I mean how can I shower if water cannot touch the knees? OK enough about eczema. LOL.

Hello to everyone else (@Keeliamira @sarahb @Scandinavian @junebug17 @MJ_Mac @Daisys and Diamonds @AV_ and anyone else I missed!) I am ending you all good wishes and big hugs. Hope you all have a happy Tuesday.
Leaving you with our lovely sunrise this morning.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 6.22.55 AM.png

Hugs to all you lovely women. Be well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 I also ordered a non polka dot dress! Isn't this cute? I hope it looks half as good on me.

retrodress.jpg

and here is the polka dot dress I ordered.

polkadots.jpg

And all the MC dresses have pockets. Who doesn't love pockets! And with my eczema dresses are perfect. Leaves the knees untouched. I cannot stand anything touching my legs right now. So painful.

Go check it out. There are some animal prints but nothing I felt like buying. These dresses above spoke to me. And said buy me. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so not to be gross but just took pics (Greg took them) and if you’re interested here’s how my legs look today. Gross. Sorry. So just going to give you all a big warning and hide it under a spoiler tag. Please don’t feel obligated to look. And thanks for your kind and generous support and comfort. It helps take some of the literal stinging pain away. ❤️

45942D36-1D69-46CC-B6C8-1FFB8D3B38F5.jpeg 8D12FE33-9D8D-4CD0-94E0-EF7A67AE441A.jpeg

It feels worse than it looks.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Good luck for tomorrow @Bayek, we’ll be thinking of you and willing you on for a successful surgery. I’m sure the hospital is going to be all set up for the safety of their patients and you’ll be fine, just have to get through tonight and get to the hospital in the morning. Once they give you the happy juice, you’ll be away with the fairies as we say here.

Wow @marcy, I love the sapphire band and it looks beautiful in rose gold. I’m sorry I’ve missed about your submission to the newspaper. Must feel good to be ahead of the August newsletter. Yum to grilled steaks, and :lol: to your cooking skills.

I love the dresses @missy and I think they’ll look super cute on you, both are great, but I do love the polka dot dress. I’m glad your eczema isn’t weeping or looking really rough, although I know it’s painful and causing you problems. I checked and I had Efcortelan 1% ointment, it was very effective, but was a steroid, and I didn’t like to use it too often. I’m glad you’ve managed to get an appointment on Thursday, and I hope David can recommend something that’ll help. What a beautiful view to look out on, so serene and makes you forget about all the madness going on in the world at the moment.

I hope Chris continues to improve @MamaBee and is taking care of himself.

Hi @Niffler75 I hope you’re feeling better with each passing day, looks like we’re in for a few scorching days, so stay well and cool.

Hi @bling_dream19 hope you’re having a good week.

We had a good walk today with Sue & Rob, and managed not to get lost!:mrgreen: Weather was perfect warm with a slight breeze.

We’ve got a meat delivery coming tomorrow, so I’ll probably do Pilates in the morning as we’re staying in.

Sending good thoughts to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Bayek Keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow. Wishing you a speedy recovery and relief from the pain you have been experiencing!
Take care x

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
Oh @missy Your skin looks sore. Have you seen your dermatologist yet? My body rebels in the heat too. I get a mast cell reaction related to the Ehlers thingy that causes me fun and games! Oh joy! :shock: Hershey is doing ok and coping with the meds!
@Austina It was blowing a gale here today but yes we are in for some warmer weather. Friday looks like our hottest day so thinking I will have a shady walk in the morning then stay mostly at home.
@MamaBee How are you? How's Chris?
@Jimmianne How is your gorgeous little furbaby? If you get a chance would love some more pics!
@Bayek I love having a boy! TBH I was over the moon when we were matched with our son through adoption. I was a real tom-boy growing up! :lol:
Will check in tomorrow, take care x

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, I hope everyone is well!
@Bayek I'm so sorry you are so much, but you've got a smile and a lot of humor to go with it! And I hope your surgery goes quickly and safely and you heal beautifully. We will understand that you might only be able to click like on the bling! And YES I have lots of projects in the works, I received my beautiful pear pendant- just have been too busy/tired to post it. I know crazy but I will soon. I've been wearing it and love it! I'm cleaning jewelry shortly so maybe I will post soon! I also received my light pink tourmaline ring and I love it too!
@missy Oh for your legs, so sorry, that looks very painful. And I love gross things lol! My stomach will never turn for anything lol. I love your new dresses - polka dots are always a winner and you know I've got 2! I've got a black polka dot dress and a navy polka dot dress. Classics! And I love the other one too. Hugs to you friend and hope you're resting and relaxing with Greg and kitties.
@Austina yay for not getting lost! I'm famous for doing that too. Not as much now because of gps, but omg when I was younger and there was no gps I was always getting lost. So glad you're enjoying good food and time with friends! Tonight I'm making tacos with beef, black beans, cheese, salsa and topped with lettuce - yum!
Love and hugs to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy I am sorry for your angry skin. I though a dip in the water might help--but alas would be impossible for you! Thank you for inquiring after my family--my Mother is still very sore, her compression fracture the cause. My sisters are helping her.

@Bayek much success to you tomorrow!!!

Hot day here. :) Did errands and then took a quick ride. Ended up sitting on the dock since it was cooler!! Some young fella said to me today "Hello Miss"! I loved that.

Seeing all the little kiddies out with their parents, smiling and waving, also makes my day. People are friendly here. Always a smile and a hello.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I'm hoping Chris is doing ok and feeling a bit better. I know this has been an extremely difficult time for you. Please take care. XX

@Bayek, love the pics of the house, it's exciting to see the progress. Auti is beyond adorable, how wonderful that you have this special little girl in your life.

Sending you all sorts of good vibes and best wishes for a smooth and uneventful surgery. I get being nervous but you'll be ok. And I hope your recovery goes well and you heal quickly. XX So sorry you have to go through this but it will be great to be pain free.

@missy, I hope your eczema clears up soon; hopefully the derm can suggest something for you. your pics of the wildlife and scenery are beautiful. Lots of different animals at the beach. Love the pics of the osprey nest.

@bling_dream19, can't wait to see pics of your pendant and tourmaline ring.

@Austina, glad your dental visits went well, I need to address that when I get back to NJ. Very nice that you had a good walk and got together with Rob and and Sue, and yay for not getting lost lol.

@canuk-gal, glad you're enjoying some nice weather. I'm sorry your mother is still sore and I hope she gets better very soon. So great you live in a place where people are friendly.

@marcy, sweet you had a good weekend. I hope your workweek goes a little more smoothly this week. Love the band you ordered, it's beautiful!

Not much new here, today is ds's birthday, he turned 28...my gosh! How did that happen lol. Dh and I chatted with him for a while, he's doing well and had a good day.

Wishing everyone well, take care all!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek , Thinking of you and wishing you well tomorrow. I’m sorry you are having to deal with this. Hoping for a speedy recovery so you can get back to enjoying your life with no pain. You have a lot of spoiling of Auti to do. She is so cute! Please tell John to take good care of you. I’ll miss you here. Sending hugs, Callie

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Greg found the species of duck we saw yesterday!

It's a Black Belly Whistling Duck! So cool!

You saw this in NJ?! Because they don't normally migrate. The birders in whatever area you saw this would probably go bonkers.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 6.41.39 PM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bayek <3 !
Super yay for getting that darned shoulder happy again.

Marcy, the big sky, always beautiful. You're sitting in the catbird seat there.

Missy, lucky exzema recipient here too. Always mild until covid, then two months of depressing oozy itching. Finally broke down and found a doctor in France when my eyes started being affected ( this was when it wasn’t safe to go out at all, so you suffer until it reaches a tipping point). Serendipitous! a cool, very handsome compassionate doc...but I digress...he said the extreme flair was stress and prescribed Xanax. I also discovered my trigger...tomatoes. One cup of gaspacho or a handful of cherry tomatoes and voila. Fortunately I can tolerate a few days of steroids, which shortcuts a flair. Sending you healing dust. Exzema is awful. XX

June, happy birthday to your son. Glad to hear he had a good birthday.

Bling dream, ready to see photos of your jewelry! Many photos : )

The puppy’s leopard print Doogles came yesterday, so we’ll do a training session soon and see if he can tolerate wearing sunglasses.
He went to my french lesson with me and was perfectly happy to sit on my lap for an hour and a half, but the teacher kept getting distracted and talking to him. Lol
Also yesterday was my bone scan, which was required before the doc will give me a Prolia shot. I mention because yet again I was amazed by the medical costs here.
35€ for a set of xrays.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Bayek good luck on your surgery tomorrow. Sending you mega dust for a speedy recovery. I am so sorry to hear Salley isn’t doing well; I wonder if the heat bothers her and then she doesn’t want to eat? Big hugs to you and her (and John of course). Your hair cut looks cute on you.

@missy that’s great you can get in to see your derm this week. Good luck with that appointment. That’s great the pulley system you ordered is working well. Weight machines do take up a lot of room and aren’t cheap. Those dresses look very cute; I like polka dots a lot. Sorry to hear water stings your eczema so bad; I hope you get some relief. Lovely sunrise photo. You have a WAY better view from your place than mine. I kind of wish we’d moved out of town when we bought this house but at the time Marty was overseas more than home so I wanted the comfort of city utilities and roads. Oh well. I like my house. Yes, your legs look painful. Big hugs to you.

@Austina for some reason I don’t “think” I have enough blue gemstones in YG or RG - it’s more that I want something new. LOL. Yes, I am glad to be ahead on the August newsletter; sometimes it’s the first of the month and it’s like darn I have to get that done today. I know today was a difficult day for you, big hugs to you and Colin. Woo hoo for not getting lost on your outing today.

@Niffler75 it sounds like you were the perfect match for your son; very cool.

@bling_dream19 I can’t wait to see your pear pendant - I wanted a pear pendant and dangle earrings but ended up going with rounds. I think pears are very elegant looking and ooh a new pink ring as well. Sweet. Your supper sounds delicious.

@canuk-gal I hate to hear your mom is still very sore from her fracture. Glad you enjoyed some nice time on the deck.

@junebug17 happy birthday to your DS - nice you got to visit with him. Where does time go for sure. I was chatting to an long time friend of mine last night from the astronomy club - we were both groaning that was 34 years ago.

@Calliecake I hope you are doing well.

@Matada thank you for the duck map.

Work was busy but was over before I knew it; I even stayed 30 minutes late since I’m working from home the next 2 days I wanted to get some things done in the office. Since we are so busy I am expecting my boss tells me to come in to the office every day. I’ll make sure and never complain if something is difficult to do from home. I like getting some home chores done during the day.

I stopped by a farmer’s marked on the way home today and got some peaches and beefsteak tomatoes.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Jimmianne glad you found the trigger for your eczema and hope the medicine helps. That's great you had a nice doctor. How cute your sweet dog sat on your lap during your French lesson. Wow to 35 cents X-Rays. Take care!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The puppy’s leopard print Doogles came yesterday, so we’ll do a training session soon and see if he can tolerate wearing sunglasses.
He went to my french lesson with me and was perfectly happy to sit on my lap for an hour and a half, but the teacher kept getting distracted and talking to him. Lol
Also yesterday was my bone scan, which was required before the doc will give me a Prolia shot. I mention because yet again I was amazed by the medical costs here.
35€ for a set of xrays.

Sounds like a very good day or two!!! Outside of the tomatoes. :wavey: Hello beauties!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Jimmianne glad you found the trigger for your eczema and hope the medicine helps. That's great you had a nice doctor. How cute your sweet dog sat on your lap during your French lesson. Wow to 35 cents X-Rays. Take care!

Marcy, about your blue stones and something new. I do believe we are no longer enthusiasts, but hard core collectors.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday.

Good luck today girlie Kate the very great @Bayek !!! Greg and I are thinking of you and sending you bucketloads of healing dust and good luck wishes on your shoulder surgery. *****Healing Dust***** and ((((hugs)))).

@marcy we actually saw a weight machine yesterday (shopping for them since we weren't cycling) that I think I might get. It wasn't too big and it does everything I want to but leg presses which I can do on my Pilates Reformer. The super machine that does it all is just too large for either home. If I get this it doesn't solve the problem of our Brooklyn home but Greg is like I can get one for that home too. Um yeah no. I love him and how generous he is but I do not want two weight machines. They are still pretty big. The pulley resistance band option is still an OK option too. Not as good as weight machines but perfection is the enemy of good enough. Thanks for enjoying our view and mi casa es su casa when this pandemic is over. One day I hope you and Marty can enjoy the view here in person. I am glad you are still enjoying working from home two days a week and I hope your boss blows you to continue to WFH twice a week at least. Sweet you got peaches on the way home yesterday and yay for getting chores done while you are WFH. Efficiency is key and WFH is more efficient for many people I think.
My dresses might be here soon as I think they already shipped woohoo. Hope they fit. They are final sale so... Your sunset pic is gorgeous. Those colors. Swoon.

Speaking of swoon, good morning my sweet friend @bling_dream19 hope the week is going well and all is calm by you.

@canuk-gal glad you got to enjoy cycling and sitting on the dock with a cool ocean breeze. And yes I enjoy being called Miss too. Beats ma'am. Hands down. LOL.

@Austina yasss, glad you enjoyed a nice walk with Sue and Rob and that your weather cooperated. Sweet. And you didn't get lost haha. Thank you for the steroid rec for my eczema. I hope David doesn't feel it necessary to make me go on steroids but I know I am running out of options. I have applied Elidel and Protopic and those are not without their own side effects and black box warnings so I know steroids aren't the only ones that cause issues. But nothing else works so. There is an oral med I think called Dupixent (not sure that is the exact name and I am too lazy to google this early in the AM) but that is reserved for severe uncontrollable eczema and probably David won't put me on that. He is very conservative and when we were dealing with all we were going through last year with the kitties he refused to put me on oral antifungals for more than a few weeks. If you remember I got the local derm to RX the oral anti fungals for me last year. And well you know the rest of that story. But I digress. Thanks for sharing what worked for you and I hope you never have to deal with it again. My eczema has calmed down since we stopped cycling and I stopped dousing my legs with water. But I so want to be able to cycle in the warm weather again so hoping David doesn't say I shouldn't or doesn't say there is nothing I can do because the water will aggravate the eczema. Just taking a quick shower is quite painful. Today is a wash my hair day too so we shall see. Anyway hope you enjoy a lovely day.

You saw this in NJ?! Because they don't normally migrate. The birders in whatever area you saw this would probably go bonkers.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 6.41.39 PM.png

@Matata I know, right? Greg has a bird ID app (Cornell Merlin bird ID) and it only has the ones that are native to this area. He uploaded a pic and identified the bird and logged it into the app so now birders know. Pretty cool. Not sure why they came to this area and hope all is OK with them. They are so beautiful up close. Took my breath away. I have a video I took. Later I will download so I can share here. It's only 11 seconds long but it shows the birds in their glory. We get a lot of wildlife here.

@Jimmianne yay for a bone scan costing so little and X-rays almost being free in France. How did that go? Did you get your Prolia injection already? I am amazed you can tolerate that with your skin issues but so glad it works for you. I might start Evenity next year if it is deemed safe or if my OP worsens I would want to go on Forteo if I am allowed. My high Alk Phosph. might preclude that treatment. We shall see. Your eczema sounds awful poor dear. Getting it around your eyes ugh. Very painful. Relieved for you that your handsome french doctor found your cause and cure. I hope mine stays behind my knees. My eczema is flaring from the water I am dousing my legs in because if I don't my Schamberg's flares. Remember my Schamberg's disease? The bleeding underneath the skin is very uncomfortable too. On the eczema pain scale they are equal. Cannot win and I really want to cycle so not sure what I will be able to do because I am caught between Schamberg and Eczema. So glad you and your doctor figured it out. Generally when a doc doesn't know he says its stress induced but in your case he was right haha.

Here's a reminder of what my Schamberg disease looks like. For those of you who are squeamish please don't look.

schambergdisease.jpg

@Jimmianne your puppy is a dream pup. What a love. Please give him another big hug from me. Daily or as many times a day as you can. I am getting my puppy love vicariously through you. Since Covid 19 I daren't hug any strange pups that we come across and I am missing the puppy love.

@junebug17 glad things are peaceful by you and summer is in full swing. We went fitness equipment shopping yesterday and the salesman said the machines are flying out the door. He is out of stock with everything but can still order (takes a month or two or 3 depending on the machines). The reason I bring this up is he also said pool sales are out the door too. Crazy times. The pandemic caused a run on pools and gym equipment and I can understand why. I am happy you are enjoying your pool and your lovely house with your family. And a very happy birthday to your ds. Wow on him being 28 years old already. The time just flies. Please tell your son Greg and I send him all the best. Glad you had a nice long chat with him.

@Slick1 hope all is going well and you are feeling good. Have a wonderful Wednesday sweet lady.

@Niffler75 I am sorry you deal with many issues due to your Ehlers Danos and sending you so many good wishes and healing vibes. You are a trooper and a strong woman. So glad your son is doing well and happy and healthy and long may that continue. Ditto Hershey and your other kitty too.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. We went weight machine shopping yesterday and I am seriously interested in one of them that has only a month backorder haha. Greg mapped out where it would go and it is looking promising. I just have to take one treadmill out of my exercise room and since I have 2 there I can do that lol. But I hate clutter so not sure how it will feel to me with all that equipment in that not large room. Darn not having a bigger area for it but maybe I can make it work. We shall see.

Today I have PT in the AM and we are waiting for a dishwasher repairman in the afternoon. Oh the excitement here never ends :lol:

The weight equipment looks a bit like this. Not the exact machine but close. It will allow me to do all the exercise and more that I do in PT with my upper arms and core.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 5.21.12 AM.png

Have a lovely day and stay safe and be well. Hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results