shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:
@missy Continued thoughts with you, Greg and family. Purrs and chin scratches to Tommy. I hear your concerns about the funeral arrangements and I would feel the same. Thinking of you, just stay safe and try to do what you can to reduce risk. Any more results back yet for Tommy?
@marcy This is what I am concerned about when my hubbie goes back to work. We are also in a part of the UK that is seeing a spike in cases! It's a worry.
@Slick1 Hi, thanks for asking after my son! Teacher visits are going well and we are visiting the outside forest area of his new school next monday.
@Austina Happy belated Birthday. Sorry I am a bit tardy. Hope you are ok. That bracelet really is very lovely!

Hi to everyone and keeping you all in my thoughts. Sharing some pics from my wildflower garden! xxx

20200630_134810.jpg
20200630_134928.jpg 20200630_135020.jpg 20200630_135156.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you for the birthday wishes, I don’t think this one will rank amongst the most memorable, but that’s life.

Belated happy anniversary @marcy, if nothing else, we NIRDIS have staying power, either that, or we know how to pick a goodun! Wow I can’t believe it’s been nearly a year since Marty opened the gym, it’s certainly gone by quickly. That’s great that he’s helping his client’s GF and can see some improvement in her, it must be very heartening to know his good work is showing results.

Beautiful flowers @Slick1, I was out earlier dead heading my pots, and wow have they grown, I need to take more photos to compare the before and after. Aww, what lovely gifts from your kids to remember Chase, I know you must be missing him as much as we miss Dottie. Lots of people we know have got puppies, but it’s just not the right time for us. You’re absolutely right for not allowing visitors, even in normal events, you’ve just been through a very traumatic time, and couldn’t risk infections, let alone in the middle of a pandemic. It’s sad they don‘t understand this.

Awww @missy, please don’t think anymore of it, you know I totally understand, and I wouldn’t wish what you’re going through on anyone. FWIW, I agree with Marcy about your parents, it’s too risky for them to attend the funeral, and Greg knows that they would if it was safe. It’s going to be fraught enough on Monday without the extra worries associated with CV. Hopefully everyone attending will be conscientious about maintaining social distancing, and if not, a gentle reminder may be needed. You have to do whatever it takes to be safe, whilst giving your MIL a lovely send off. I’m desperately hoping little Tommy has eaten, even if it’s only a few mouthfuls. That’s a lovely photo of you all looking so happy together.

Thank you @canuk-gal and @bling_dream19 I’m really pleased with my bracelet, it’s very easy to wear IYKWIM.

I may be forgetting my birthday too @AV_, either that, or start counting backwards! Saying I’m now “in my 60’s” is making me feel reaalllly OLD!

Beautiful flowers @Niffler75, this heat and rain have really done them good.

I did Zoom Pilates this morning, as we didn’t go out walking with Sue and Rob, they had to wait in for a delivery, and then this afternoon, it was raining, so we postponed for today, and hopefully catch up later this week. It was lovely and cool so I didn’t feel ill after.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs, keep safe and well, we’re going to get through this - eventually :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends! @missy I'm just thinking about you nonstop and hope Greg is ok. You're giving him so much comfort and supporting him. I hope dear Tommy is eating. I love the icecream and beach pics. Just beautiful. I'm hanging in, work is going well.
@Austina I'm glad to hear your birthday was lovely, perhaps not the most exciting but still joyful! And can we have more pics of your beautiful bracelet at your convenience, pretty please :bigsmile: :lol:
@marcy how are you doing friend?
@junebug17 I love that you are enjoying your time near the beach!
:wavey: @canuk-gal @AV_ @springerspaniel @Niffler75 @Slick1 @MamaBee hope everyone is doing well! Just a quick shout out today.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@bling_dream19 thank for the anniversary wishes. I totally remind Marty frequently how lucky he is to have me. I guess my cliff notes version of how we lasted this long is don’t take things too seriously, realize the other person isn’t going to change, don’t expect your spouse can read you mind and be honest with each other.

@missy thank you for the anniversary wishes. Glad you and Greg got out for a ride, caught up with some friends and enjoyed some ice cream. That is nice one of Greg’s brother planned everything. Hoping for the best on social distancing for the funeral, mass and gathering. I think everyone is very aware to be careful in close quarters. Like Austina said do whatever it takes to keep safe even if you have to give people a gentle reminder. Great picture of all of you. I hope Tommy doesn’t have to go back on those meds and starts eating more. Yes the beach looks like a painting and yes a hopeful beautiful rainbow.

@Slick1 thank you for the anniversary wishes. 29 years seems like a long time. I am sorry to hear the antibiotics are upsetting your stomach; I hope that gets better. I hate to hear relatives think it’s okay to visit you right now. I hope they respect your wishes. Love the thoughtful gift from the kids. Your garden and flowers are gorgeous.

@Niffler75 sorry to hear cases are spiking there. They are here too but hospitalizations and deaths are down. Hoping for the best. Your wild flowers are gorgeous.

@Austina thank you for the anniversary wishes. Yes we are lucky to find good guys. I can’t believe Marty opened his gym last summer. I believe his official opening was early August. It is nice to see progress. His 14th year old is showing more confidence and balance. His 78 year old can squat over 100 pounds now and when she started she needed to hold on to something. He BP, bone density and cholesterol numbers have dramatically changed. Funny you mentioned deadheading your flowers; I told someone today our hail took care of that for me this week. Yay for doing Zoom pilates today.

I finished my 3 book series today and have 4 more books of that series to go. I had to do the work for my one person team today since she had the day off. Gave me something to do. Apparently I have to fill out development plans for my 4 employees by Monday. At least being down 2 employees means less HR work to do. Ha Ha.

I am working at home tomorrow and Thursday. Sweet.

I need to find 2 more articles and get the July newsletter posted tonight. Best go work on that.

Take Care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies, hope everyone is doing well. Happy July 1st.

@Slick1 I know you know all too well what we are dealing with and I am so sorry your family is being short sighted and selfish. You have to do what is right for you and you cannot put yourself at risk. You have had a challenging year plus and you have worked hard to get to where you are and cannot let your foolish niece ruin it all. You are right. They do not respect all you have been through or they wouldn't ask you to take that risk. Big hugs to you. Losing one's mom is devastating and one cannot get over that truly. One just makes peace with it as best as one can and always carries the memory and to some extent the pain in their heart. Sending you gentle but big warm hugs. I love your shrine to Chase.

@Niffler75 still waiting for Tommy's urine results. Might be in today. How are you? How is your darling son doing? Thank you for all your kind wishes. Your wildflower garden is breathtaking. Those colors. Swoon! XO.

@Austina thank you for all your lovely and warm support. Greg spoke at length with my family (parents and sister) yesterday and told them under no circumstances are they to attend the funeral and mass. Too risky. So that is one concern off our list. Tommy is eating if only from his hyperthyroid behavior so we shall see if that continues. Each time he takes a bite I feel relieved but also apprehensive because something isn't right. And now Gracie has a cold and her eye is tearing and her conjunctiva is red. It never stops. So not sure if I should let it run its course (if it is viral) or if there might be a secondary infection. With all that has been happening I have sort of ignored it the past 3 days but this AM I saw her conjunctival tissue is now red. My sister is sleeping and she won't be able to diagnose without looking at her eye with a slit lamp or fluorescent lamp so now it is our best guesswork as what is wrong and what to do. Yet another issue that could become serious quickly. Sorry just wanted to get that concern out and hopefully we can stave off any potential complications. Fingers crossed. XO.

@bling_dream19 I am very pleased for you work is going well and life is treating you sweetly. The sea and sand bring me peace and calm amidst the flurry and chaos and I hold onto that. The next few days will be rainy but that is OK. Right now it is serene out there and I am enjoying the calm and the smell of the sea. Today is errand day. Tomorrow I have an appt in the city with my new rheumatologist. Hope the rest of your week goes smoothly. XO.

@marcy thank you.Did you get the July newsletter posted? Sweet you are working from home today and tomorrow. And yes for enjoying your books. Hahaha to less HR work to do since you are down a couple of employees. Always a silver lining indeed. We got to social distance with another friend couple yesterday afternoon as we were riding by their house and they were outside. Perfect. It was fun and felt good to see them. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is going smoothly. We enjoyed cycling yesterday and ice cream and also social distanced with another couple friend as I mentioned above. A good day amidst all we are doing and going through. Take joy where we can and just get through the unpleasant stuff as best we can.

We were thrilled to come across baby ducks just born Saturday so only 3 days old yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.57.55 AM.png

The clouds were fluffy and delicious yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.57.33 AM.png

And ice cream. You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice scream. Yummmmm.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 6.00.04 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I posted on FB yesterday about Marianne (during our cycling ice cream break) at Greg's request so we could let people know and one of our friends shared a photo from over 20 yeas ago...it was a nice memory.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.59.38 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @missy, it never rains but it pours. Oy, I don’t know if this would work on cats, but Dottie (and the other boys) would sometimes get conjunctivitis, I wonder if it’s because they had eyebrows? Anyway, I bought an OTC eye ointment, and would treat them myself, unless it looked more serious, and I did find that it would clear it up. Obviously, you know best, just a suggestion in case you hadn’t thought of it with everything else that’s going on. I’d also bathe their eyes will warm salty water solution. I saw your MIL’s obituary, she was certainly a very accomplished woman, something that couldn’t have been easy in her time. I’m glad that Greg is OK with your family not attending the funeral, I know he loves and respects them and wouldn’t want harm to come to them. I’m sure coming from him eased their minds about not attending. I’m sorry that life continues to test every aspect of your lives, and little Tommy is struggling. This truly has been the year from hell.

Don’t worry @Bayek, we’re keeping safe, we’re very cautious when we go out, masks on, and Colin also wears a full face visor. Even if we could visit, there’s no way Adam would want us to come with everything that‘s going on there. The house if really coming on, do you have a time frame of when it’ll be ready? I’m sorry you’re in pain and your op has been postponed, I’m amazed the Dr won’t give you anything. When Adam had his wisdom teeth out, I was horrified at the drugs they gave in ‘just in case’, I told him, under no circumstances take them, honestly, vicodin for post extraction pain, utter madness.

I hope everything is well with you @MamaBee and your Mum is behaving! Is Shatzie still visiting at the weekends? Have you seen Noah lately?

That’s really great about the 14 year old @marcy, I must admit, when I used to train it really helped my balance. I can’t see us ever going back to a gym here, they’re too big, and too many hot, sweaty people shedding all over the place. Are you adjusting to your 2 at home work days? I’m horrified at how many sets of jewellery I’ve got, and that’s not even all of them :-o I‘m going to see if Kim wants any of them next time she comes, it’s embarrassing have so much I don’t wear.

We went out and cleaned the car inside and out today, just in time before the rain started. Of course, the window cleaner came too, I swear he checks the weather forecast to see if it’s going to rain :lol: On the plus side, he’s here for half the time now because before, he’d chat with Colin for a good half hour before he started.

Weather permitting, we’re meeting Tom tomorrow and their puppy Joey for a social distancing walk (he’s Dottie dogsitter), we’ve kept in touch since she died, he and his wife are a lovely couple so it’ll be nice to catch up with them. Other than that, no other plans for tomorrow.

I‘m thinking of all the lovely NIRDIs and the struggles you’re going through, and wishing you all well. There will be better times to come, we’ve just got to get through this first.

Take care sweet friends. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hey @Austina I'll take one of those "sets" off your hands!:tongue:
@missy I am so sorry with all that you are dealing with. I'd wear a face shield if I had one......stay safe and well. Healing vibes across the miles to the kitties.....

Poured rain all day yesterday--good day to go to work. Very busy...seems it will be that way all summer.....

Chased some sun today on our bikes; looks like it might rain:rolleyes: again........ Happy Canada Day!

Shout out NIRDI's!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am glad Greg talked to you family; what a comfort for both of you they won’t risk exposure even though I know they want to be there for both of you. You MIL had an impressive career and life. Glad to hear Tommy is eating a little and I hate to hear Gracie’s eye is acting up. I did get my newsletter finished and posted. I am enjoying working from home today. That’s great up got to catch up with some friends yesterday. I enjoyed seeing the baby ducks; that is a fabulous cloud and the ice cream looks delicious.

@Austina you do have some fabulous sets. Can we really have too much jewelry? I am sure Kim wouldn’t be sad to get some of your jewelry to wear. I shudder to think of how much jewelry I’ve bought, sold or given away. When I was teaching they had a campus swap email and I’d sell pieces all the time to fund my next purchase. I totally get not wanting to go to a big gym. A guy wandered in to Marty’s gym the other day and loved the idea of a smaller, less busy gym. He hasn’t been back yet though. The 14 year old’s dad picked him up the other day and saw him deadlight 135 pounds and the dad said wow I can’t do that. Too funny the window cleaner comes right before it rains; good time. Glad you got your car all shiny and polished; I need to dust my car inside. Enjoy meeting up with Tom and sweet Joey tomorrow.

@canuk-gal Happy Canada Day! When we were in Glacier National Park we drove up and went in on the Waterton side and were told - no charge it’s National Canada Day. We were pleasantly surprised. I hope you get some break in the rain.

Not much going on with me. Washed the batch of gym stuff Marty brought home and played cards online at lunch today. I need to wash the table cloth again; I had a burger on an English muffin at lunch today and that corn meal sprayed everywhere. I didn’t do well trying to wipe it off with a dry or wet cloth. Phooey. It was clean yesterday. Oh well. I am going to go lift shortly.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hi Marcy, sorry I missed your saying it was your 29th anniversary! Happy 29 years, here's to 50 more! (at least!)... June was John and my 33rd anniversary, we got take
out!! :) Oh no on the guy with Covid-19 but god news he's not symptomatic, you know the drill, sorry now you have to worry.. I have been seeing more doctors etc and am very aware. tomorrow I have an appt with the Orthopedic surgeon.. then it's the waiting game till my operation. ugh.

@missy what a beautiful pix from your terrace! I love BOTH your homes.. such views! :) hugs and more hugs to you and Greg and kids.. I read Monday is your MIL's service... I am so sorry again. :( OH Missy maybe your rain dance will help! and thank you so much for your kind words about my upcoming adobe, it will be nice, but I never can ever get a view, here it's over one million to start and farther away is tooo far away :) we are both lucky :) they are starting the pool dig tomorrow!!! love love love you Missy, love Greg and kids too.. I was reading a good article in the NYTimes today about our country is exploding with ANGER (I sorta am) and it had some great points on what to do and am following that, I feel better already.. I'm covid crazy a bit I guess. It's tough with kittens and meds, dogs are a bit easier, we give Salley her meds in soft food (but her main food is kibbles) my Daisy baby - was able to just open her mouth because she was a small cocker... hard things Missy.. as to the funeral arrangements for your MIL, I am with you about the funeral arrangements, when siblings get together and one takes charge the others have to follow (been there done THIS with my sister when my Dad died). Keep safe, keep masks and hand sanitizer near... let's hope it all goes without any sickness.. Missy I agree that it is risky for your mom and dad to attend the funeral and I KNOW they REALLY want to, they are very good people... if you must, ask your sister to try and talk to them about the danger.. our parents are from the age of duty (not that we aren't the same mind you, but we are of the computer age too).. it's a very tough call...

@AV_ yes I do need a drone so I can spy on the Nosey Neighbor's dogs (he has 4). :) xoxo

@Slick1 Hi Slick! no we don't need all that room, but the subdivision had a minimum square foot requirement of 3,000 square feet (our is 3300 sq ft). But there are several houses much bigger than ours.. we are hoping that we will have frequent guests at least in the beginning (john has 4 bros and 1 sister).. its for Auti too :) we think we will have another grandchild in the next few years (hoping but I say NOTHING) no worries my best friend thinks we are nuts so there you go! Your pictures are as always, BEAUTIFUL!!! lovely gifts from your kids Slick.. they are good adults! xooxoxo

@springerspaniel hope all goes well with the surgery on your furbaby..

@Niffler75 Beautiful pictures! hope your son is enjoying his teacher and school.. xoxoxo

@Austina Hi sweet lady! how's things? how's Adam? Hope Colin is doing well also! these are such trying times Austina.... Austin (travis cty) had 7K positive tests today, the hospitals are in the red zone.. it's scary... the best thing I guess is our sons are young and hopefully IF they somehow get the virus they are pretty sure too be okay.. your future DIL too and my DIL too.. :) Never in my life did I think I would live with something so scary and I thought we were immune because of science, wrong. Pilates is wonderful and I envy you! sending you love and the family too! xoxoxo also Austina, Vicodin for a dental procedure - while it hurts I know - is overkill. I'm glad you advised Adam to NOT take the medicine, truthfully codeine if any opioid was needed.

@canuk-gal Happy Canada Day! a bit late sorry! xoxoxo

nothing else to report that is new except they are starting the pool dig tomorrow and tomorrow i see my surgeon for the final visit before surgery.. hopefully anyway!

night NIRDI's love you all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek thank you - Happy Anniversary to you as well. Celebrating your anniversary with takeout is perfect. Here’s to 50 more years for both of us. Sorry you have to keep going to doctor’s offices. The doctors, dentists and hospital here have a lot of safety procedures in place and hopefully you are finding the same. Good luck with the surgeon tomorrow. You’ll enjoy that much square footage especially when you have company. Our main floor is a little over 2100 square feet and about 60% of the basement is finished. Our guest bedrooms are on the opposite side of the house from our bedroom which is great when we have someone visiting. I can’t wait to see it finished.

Look what I found. My mom bought me this birthstone ring when I was a senior in HS. I didn’t want a class ring so she bought me this instead; it’s a created emerald in YG. I quit wearing it after I started buying gemstone jewelry. I’ve been kicking myself lately wishing I still had it and thinking I must have sold it in one of my jewelry liquidation sales. I wanted it since it was a gift from my mom. And now I found it. Makes me happy and sad at the same time.

IMG_4972.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, happy Thursday. I am off soon to my new rheumatologist's first in person appointment. I did a telemedicine call with him in April and he wanted to do an in person test on me in May but Covid delayed it until today so...

Update: Good news is Oliver's eye is better.
Bad news: Gracie's eye is bad. :(
It isn't the same issue. Oliver had a corneal abrasion but Gracie's eye problem is viral. She has been sneezing and her eye is tearing clear liquid but her conjunctiva is more swollen and red so I am concerned. We are doing as my sister advises and installing Neopoly drops just in case there is a secondary bacterial infection. We are on day 2 of instilling meds and she is worse so I appreciate any good thoughts and healing dust for her. It seems we fix one issue and we get two more :/

Thank you everyone for your good wishes and thoughts. Much appreciated.

@marcy oh that birthstone ring your mom got you is just lovely and I hear you on it making you sad and happy at the same time. Hugs to you sweet friend. Yes to getting your newsletter out yesterday and yay to enjoying working from home. Could you request working from home more days per week? My sister's DH goes back to work full time in the office starting Monday. He was WFH for 3 days a week and it was nice and he would prefer WFH to avoid the commute but he has no choice. Oh well. If you ask me everyone will be WFH again soon enough due to the rebound of Covid. I hope that I am wrong but I fear I am right. Anyway hope your Thursday WFH goes well and sending you hugs. Thank you for all your kind words and support. Much appreciated.

@Austina thanks for brainstorming. It's most likely viral. She has a cold. Thank you for your kind words about my MIL and about everything. You are a dear. Very comforting. LOL re the window cleaner and rain. I hear you. Enjoy your walk with your friend Tom and the puppy Joey. Sounds like a joyous day ahead. XOXO

@canuk-gal I had mentioned that to Greg when we found out they wanted to go ahead with the funeral plans during Covid. He isn't keen on the idea but we do have face shields I got us 2 months ago that we never used. So perhaps we will. I know if I push him he will acquiesce but I know he won't be happy to wear it. He is talking during his mom's funeral and it is going to be a very long day. Funeral home wake, Church mass, gravesite burial and then luncheon. The luncheon part is up in the air and I am hoping hard that doesn't happen. I might have to say we cannot attend the luncheon if they do go ahead with it because no masks just feels unsafe even outdoors IMO when there are so many people. But all it takes is one anyway so...

Glad the sun came out yesterday so you could ride and hope the rain the day before gave your beautiful flowers much needed water to grow and be gorgeous. And Happy Canada day yesterday! I cannot find a funny but true quote about Canada and America and if I find it I will share here. Hugs to you my dear friend Sharon.

@Bayek ooh good luck with the pool tomorrow. So exciting! Thank you for your loving words. I feel them across the miles I really do. My parents and sister will not be attending and Greg's talk with them made the difference. So relief there. We will be as safe as we can and hope for the best. Good luck today with your final surgeon visit before your shoulder surgery. I am sending you bucketloads of healing and good luck dust. Hugs and love.

@bling_dream19 thank you sweet friend. Thank you for your loving support. Means a lot to me. Glad your week is going smoothly and may that continue. Big hugs to you and your sweet DH too.

@Slick1 how are you feeling? How is the swelling? Hope it is down and hope your tummy is all better. I hope you aren't letting selfish family members upset you and you are doing what is best and right for you. Sending you big hugs and lots of love and continued healing dust.

Yesterday was errand day and also taking care of certain cat issues. Never ending but we do the best we can. Off in a while to drive to the city for my appointment. Another long day ahead. Be well and enjoy lovely ladies. Hugs.

Leaving you with our lovely view from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.06.08 AM.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I hope your rheumatologist appointment goes smoothly today. Continued healing dust for the cats. I think with the funeral you just have to make the decision you are most comfortable with about the luncheon. Being Irish, my FIL funeral was very traditional with open casket. I stayed at home with my son but I know one of our nieces for extremely upset about the open casket.

@marcy I am so happy you found your class ring. Kind of bittersweet I hear you!

@Austina Well it is much cooler now, not that I am complaining! I am thinking of visiting one of my fave farm a good soon as they make the most amazing scotch eggs. Now I am not usually a fan of scotch eggs but these are in a totally different league. But I am thinking about delaying a bit longer as it is always so very busy.

@springerspaniel I have been thinking about you with Ellie's upcoming surgery. Hope you are all ok.

@MamaBee How are you? My son is slowly building up trust with his new teachers. We are visiting the forest school area next Monday to have a look around.

Nothing else really going on. I check in often and read everyone's comments. x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oy, one step forward, two steps back @missy. Good news Ollie’s eye is better, but sorry to hear about Gracie. Hopefully the drops your sister’s recommended will do some good, I hope your appt went well today, and you were able to get some answers from the rheumatologist. You must be exhausted from the early start and all the stresses you’re under. I hope you’ve got back home and are able to relax for the rest of the day. I’m glad you were able to get out yesterday, enjoy your cycling and meet some friends, I’ve found doing something relatively ‘normal’, has really helped me feel better able to cope with the situation, and I hope it’s helping you too, even if it’s only temporary. Awww, cute little duckies, reminds us that through all this madness, life goes on. That photo of your view looks like a painting!

Yes, definitely cooler @Niffler75, but I could do without the rain. Yum, scotch eggs, I like them, apart from the egg :lol: That was always Dottie’s share of the deal. I’m glad the little guy is doing so well with the teachers and I hope the school visit goes really well.

How’re you doing @Slick1, I hope you‘re feeling better and the AB‘s aren’t causing you anymore issues?

That’s lovely @marcy, I’m glad you were able to find it, and I can understand that it has happy and sad memories attached to it. Hopefully when we move, we’ll end up with more room than we ‘need’, simply because we want friends to come and stay and be comfortable.

We’re having plenty of rain too @canuk-gal, but at least it’s warm here. Happy belated Canada Day.

Belated happy anniversary @Bayek, we NIRDIS are certainly a lot of old married ladies :lol: We’re all fine, Adam & Kim are staying in and staying safe, and we’re venturing out only when necessary, and taking sensible precautions, but it’s nice to get out and get some fresh air when we can. How exciting that the work on the pool is starting, can’t wait to see the progress.

Hope all is well with you @bling_dream19 and you’re having a good week.

Are you busy working @AV_?

We met Tom this morning, and had a lovely walk with him and Joey, we were out for nearly 2 hours. Strange that we’ve lived here all this time, and didn’t know the woods where we went.

Rained off and on all day today, so we just stayed in.

Hopefully if it’s dry tomorrow, we’ll go for another walk.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out NIRDIS and the rest of the universe. Work=crazy busy. Nuf said.

Keep well, safe, in health, love, and strength. Sense and sensibility. Is that possible?

canuk-gal

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Rheumatologist appointment was eh. He was unprepared and spent 15 minutes (without talking to us) going over his online records from our last (telemedicine) visit and he did do the DEXA but really spent little time talking with us. He also didn't have the blood results I sent him so we had to show it to him again. These are the tests he ordered during Covid that I had done at my endocrinologist's office and emailed to his secretary and she confirmed receipt.

He didn't go over the results but to say my bone quality "isn't great" but let's wait a year and repeat. He did take blood to test me for Celiac because he thinks I might have that but because I have been off gluten now for over 2 years I am not sure the test will show anything and IIRC the Celiac blood test is not accurate anyway. But I could be wrong. He said there are 2 mysteries. Why is my Alk Phosphatase raised now for over 2 years and why is my calcium low in the urine (results of 24 hour blood test).

Long story short I scheduled a telemedicine visit with my original (my mom's) rheumatologist and will chat with him mid July. He is the one who wanted me on meds and I just want to discuss it further with him. My endocrinologist prescribed the OP med I asked for last week but I haven't started it because I wanted to discuss it further and since yesterday's rheumatologist wasn't easier to talk with I will go back to my original and see why he feels I need to treat. His exact words in February (last time I saw him before Covid) were "I would treat this if I were you" so there you go.

@Niffler75 thank you. I am sorry your niece was upset about the open casket. We had one for my grandmother and it wasn't pleasant. At my suggestion we are having a closed casket for my MIL. Let everyone remember her as she was and not as she is now if you kwim. Definitely a personal decision. Glad all is calm by you and hugs. Have a good Friday.

@Austina glad the walk went well with your friend and his pup and yes for discovering new places even though you have been in the area for a long time. We never stop discovering and finding new things and places and enjoy. Hugs and hope you have a lovely day.

@canuk-gal enjoy this day and the upcoming weekend and stay well and keep on cycling. Sense and sensibility indeed. Glad work is busy now let the crazy calm down. Hugs.

@Slick1 hugs to you and hope the visit goes OK if you see your family and I am thinking good thoughts for you. Hope you are feeling 100% well.

Hi to everyone else. Sending you all good thoughts and gentle hugs.

When we got back yesterday from the rheumatologist we went cycling and that was lovely. And had ice cream too lol. Unfortunately I lost some weight again. The rheumatologist scale said I was down 4 lbs and I wasn't pleased about that so more ice cream for me. Today I have PT in a couple of hours and hoping to get cycling in before the thunderstorms today.

Greg got a large.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 4.55.48 AM.png

Geese crossing (@rainwood I know you are not a geese fan but aww they are super cute)

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 4.56.43 AM.png

Deer sighting!

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 4.57.09 AM.png

Have a wonderful FriYAY girls. (((HUGS))).

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I am sorry your rheumatologist appointment was meh! It does irk me when clinicians are totally unprepared. I used to read over my notes before clinic and greet people with a smile. It makes a huge difference to the patient clinician relationship! ::)
Ok- I prescribe more ice-cream for you! ;)2 Your alk phos is a mystery! We need Dr House (have you seen the TV series? It's brill)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi lovely friends!
Missy I just keep thinking about you with all the stress and grief you are under. I'm glad to see you enjoying the beach and sun from your bike and with Greg. I'm really sorry the visit wasn't helpful. I too had a medical appointment yesterday and it was just awful. She could not listen to what I was saying or comprehend. My first gyno was a narcissist male chauvinist pig and now my 2nd gyno is a lovely female who won't listen to me and scolded me as well. I'm over it. Back to drawing board to find someone good. Anyhoo, please eat lots your body is burning incredible fuel due to the stress. Hugs to my sweet Missy. Miss you girl and wish we could meet you for an iced coffee and an icecream! Yum I love that combo. Oh and look at bling together lol. That's an automatic.
@Austina glad to hear your enjoying walks and times with friends. I love all of your matching sets by the way! Tomorrow I'm making a slow cooker bolognese. We got some fabulous organic strawberries from costco that we've been enjoying and I'm either making a chocolate sauce for dipping or making whipped cream or both lol. My husband says he's very with his food intake since being married lol. He does miss his takeout Jersey shore pizza, subs, spaghetti etc but I told him you had your fill lol.
Love and hugs to all need to get back to work. Happy FriYAY!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls..I’m sorry I’m not able to keep up. I’m so incredibly busy that I can’t find the time to sit down. I just wanted to let you know I think of you all..
I’m back in Pa. My husband said he was keeping everything up.....No..It’s
been a job trying to get everything back to normal. My yard looks like an abandoned house with overgrown bushes and spider webs and dead bugs hanging in them. The good news is the inside of the house is bug free. Yay! I feel vulnerable here because my husband is working and seeing people. After reading articles about the rise in Covid I’m very tempted to go back to Maryland. Some of you know why I left there. I have no idea what I’ll find when we go back in a week to check on the house. We have a handyman there doing some maintenance.
@missy I think of you every day. I hope things go better for you. I may be quiet now but you are in my thoughts wishing the best for you.
Hi to all of you..I’m going to have to set aside a time to come to PS because I miss knowing what’s going on in your lives.
Big hugs and kisses!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek, I'm really sorry you're in so much pain and I hope that your surgery stays on schedule so you can get some relief. The house looks fantastic so far, it's going to be such a beautiful home.

@missy, it's hard when you get conflicting advice from doctors and I hope the other rheumatologist can help you decide what you should do about the op meds. Great news about Oliver's eye but oh no to Gracie being sick. I hope she's doing better and Tommy is eating. Lovely pics of your mil and the family, she was an accomplished and lovely woman. Tough call on the lunch, hopefully it will be cancelled but if not you just have to do what what feels right to you. It's too bad the family opted for this. Puts everyone in a tough spot. Totally get your concerns but you and Greg can take precautions to keep yourselves safe.

@marcy, it is just wonderful that Marty is helping people improve their lives. The story of the woman with CP got to me a little, it's so great that she has improved with Marty's help. Happy Anniversary a litte bit late! Congrats on 29 years. I'm so happy you found the ring your mother gave you. You must have been so happy but I see how it's also bittersweet. It's beautiful! Love the color of the stone and the setting is really pretty.

@bling_dream19, as usual your meals are making me very hungry! Glad things are good with you.

@canuk-gal, hi, I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you're back at work and I hope things are going well.

@Slick1, I hope you're feeling ok. Love the gifts from your kids, so sweet and thoughtful. Sending comfort to you, the loss of a furbaby is such a hard adjustment. Your yucca plant and flowers are gorgeous.

@springerspaniel, I'm sorry Ellie is having brain surgery next week and I hope everything goes smoothly.

@Austina, I'm sorry I'm late but Happy Birthday! Your new bracelet is really beautiful! I love it and it looks perfect on you. I know it must sparkle like mad. I'm glad you got some new bling to brighten your days. Imo it helps lol. The beach by us isn't crowded at all. Other spots on the island do get a little more congested.
1FBDDB2D-7C77-4D31-B7E6-FDA8F8B009D7.jpeg

@MamaBee, so good to hear from you...I hope things are ok, please take care of yourself.

@Niffler, I am just thrilled that things are going well for your ds and his teachers. Your flower pics are gorgeous.

@AV_, an olive grove is definitely a very nice office! My dh has been working outside on the back porch and he says it almost feels like he's not really working lol.

Things are good here, everyone is doing well. Not much to add, dh and I will probably just spend the weekend watching golf, hanging out, and getting take-out. Will probably see my sister at some point too.

Sending good thoughts to all, take care everyone.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @junebug17, I’m really loving my bracelet, and I really like the fact that it doesn’t move on my wrist. I’m glad to hear that the beaches aren’t crowded there, hopefully it’ll stay like that, and the numbers start dropping. Sounds like a lovely weekend planned, relax and enjoy. How’s your brother doing, I hope he’s OK.

I’m sorry life is stressful for you ATM @MamaBee, I don’t know what the situation is where you are now, but hopefully Shatzie is taking all the necessary precautions, and you’ll all be fine. Take good care.

I wish I had the photo @bling_dream19 but on the ship, they bring strawberries, dipped in chocolate, white and plain, and make them look like they’re wearing tuxedos :lol: Bung them in chocolate, then dollop on some cream, best of both worlds:lickout:

We used to love House @Niffler75 but used to laugh because he’d spend so much time on one patient, and remark that it sure wasn’t the NHS.

Ugh @missy, the Dr doesn’t sound very professional if he hadn’t bothered to be up to speed before you arrived, just wasted your time and his. I’m sorry that the appointment didn’t help in any way, how disappointing. Hopefully you‘ll get some better information from the tele call later this month. I’m glad you managed to get out cycling yesterday, and yes, eat more ice cream to get that weight back on. I’m sure this weekend is going to be very stressful in the lead up to the funeral on Monday, so please take time for yourselves, to relax and mentally prepare for what will be a very difficult day.

Forgot to mention that while we were out walking with Tom and Joey yesterday, we saw a Mummy deer and her 2 babies.

We went to the driving range this morning, but it was so busy, we turned round, dropped the clubs then went out for a walk instead. It was lovely out, but quite windy.

Nothing on the cards for this weekend, need to do some cleaning, then eating and relaxing.

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDI, take care :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy hello lady! the doctor visit went well, well sorta well, I told him I don't know him and I'm scared and the nurse happened to be my old surgeon's coordinator and I told her that he doesn't care about my pain level AT ALL, she agreed 'young doctors' ortho surgeons have it drilled into the brains NO OPIOIDS, they will die before giving you some.. made me sad. I told the surgeon I'm in pain, so he says: 'Well, after surgery we give you a NERVE BLOCK, it works great!' OKAY! I'm for that, but the last I had a nerve block I thought I was smothering LOL.. I'm a baby I guess but man try sleeping with a shoulder that feels like someone is hammering into your shoulder with a metal rod, I get up 4x a night at times.. so I'm all for the block if I can breathe :) sorry another Kate rant girl! Marcy, that ring is beautiful and I would bet dollars to donuts your mom is smiling, it's beautiful Marcy, lucky you! xoxoxoxoxo

@missy hmm when one kid get's an eye probs the other one always does doc :) sorry and I hope the rheumatologist appt went well I'll keep reading.. and I saw ice cream as I was scrolling back and forth.. looks scrumptious, I sincere hope you and Greg are doing fine Missy, it took me probably 25 years to get over my mom's death (she's been dead 20 years so far).. while my mother was abusive, drug addict, alcoholic etc, when she found sobriety and her soul.. (I was 23).. she was the BESTESTESTEST mother after that, and loved my boys to the moon and back a million times.. I know Greg had a great mom because he chose you.. my heart to you both.. death = inevitability but man it hurts. Oh MIssy thank you for your bucket loads of love, I love you buckets and buckets :) and thank you re: my surgeon visit, I am still on target for replacement 7/28 or 23rd haha.. I don't know how I will type too well, I will pop in daily and say at least hi and send love.. I do hope the funeral brings the family peace Missy, sometimes funerals do.. I hope the 'cat issues' are doing okay... and mom and dad too... your picture of the ocean is calming, thank you so much. Yeah I get the distraction of your probably former rheumatologist, my surgeon was the same way, I said to him, you are doing the backwards shoulder implant right? He no, I said well my doctor in Maine said it had to be the revers surgery because my rotator cuff is totally torn, so he starts looking at the xrays, I mean really! so he finally says, if the rotator is too far gone then he will do the reverse and he can't 'really' know till he opens up my shoulder (ugh) and if it is, he is prepared at all times to do a reverse, Yeah, make me feel like WTF.. :) of course he's off on vacation to Colorado and my home builder is off on vacation to Washington State.. hahaha, i'm stuck in hotternhell, CoronaVirus heaven Texas. ;-).. Yum on your ice cream, no worries on your weight loss, I gained it, but I am sending it back to you pronto girl! Geese are lovely, they are very nice to look at but they are loud! I miss you. Chris is doing well, I sent him a Harry and David gift package with Merlot his fav so he called me VERY happy.. miss him mucho tooo... My alk phos is ALWAYS high, always for 16 years, my SIL the pediatric cardiologist said most physicians don't worry too much about high alk phos unless it's really high (bone loss from undetected cancer).. I know your doctor should be aware and counseling you on what to do, you can't take boniva can you? there are usually only 2 reasons where alk phos comes from - bone and liver and 9 outta 10 times it's liver. Ibuprofen raises my alkphos, it takes 3 months of no non steroid's for it to go close to normal.

@Austina We are going up to the 100F heat this weekend... miss you! hi to everyone.. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@bling_dream19 I am sorry you found another jerk of a gyno.. I stopped using gynos after my 2nd kid, there was no real reason to pay for a specialist, my FP (both of them) did my pap smears, breast exams etc.. If you are past child bearing you could think about that :) i not, you def need a ob/gyn :) sending hugs to you, don't work hard! xoxox

@MamaBee husbands.... I find that Shotzie doing face to face with clients, employees etc a bit unnerving, so if you go back to Maryland I sincerely hope the dark cloud has passed over - miss ya, i've been busy with docs, dog puke, house and pool and HEAT.. sending you Kate dust (I've elevated myself to a fairy!).. and please know, I care, cause I do. xoxoxoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June! thank you.. it's hard with this pain, because I can't really clean, can't hook my bra anymore (so I had to buy new ones so John wouldn't know about my crappy bras ;-) ) can't brush my hair etc.. this is why I finally scheduled the operation, enough and the pain at night especially is IRKSOME.. so thank you so much June.. you always make me feel good xoxoxo Hoping all is well in your part of the NE June.. sending love xo

Hey everybody else, I'm done whining - I have been involved in the house etc, we spend time up there (in the heat).. we have to make an appt with a plumbing supply place to pick out shower valves for the bathrooms, yup.. ugh. we have to pick the roof shingles, color for the house, the stone on the house, the color of the stone on the house, the siding on the house and the color... all the applicances have to be ordered, we met with the cabinet girl.. I'm not the kind of person who likes doing this.. I stink :) miss everyone, happy July 4th to all us American's, I know Canada has their independence day, to all my European friends, remember We the Real American's love you and support you and wish you peace and love always. :) latest pix from today of the outdoor kitchen, we forgot we were having wood ceilings, I knew that on the patio.. I added a bubbler and we made the beach area the width of the pool.. no pix yet.. I'm pretty much leaning to Blue Prism Pebble Sheen. All love to you all, and @missy may you have a good weekend, and some peace you are the best. xoxoxoxo

1593807709857.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Bayek I am sad you are in such pain. If I could lift that burden from you I would.
@missy wishing you and yours a gentle weekend.
@junebug17 so nice to hear from you!
@MamaBee take care and be safe!
@Austina good thing you didn't stay at the driving range--with the wind you would have hooked everything!:lol-2: And I must be related to @Bayek since I wrecked my shoulder golfing (well after 25 years of working...) and cannot swing anymore...without pain....

Shout out to NIRDIS! I can never keep up........

Work gave me a frightful headache. And home late...bonus?

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@bling_dream19 thank you - I was so happy to find that ring. It is so hard to find a good doctor. I’d rather have a competent doctor than a friendly, caring doctor but a combo of both would be refreshing. Your strawberries with chocolate sauce and or whip cream sound delicious.

@missy I hate to hear the rheumatologist didn’t have a lot of answers for you. He definitely didn’t review your info prior to your appointment. Good idea to do a tele-visit with the other doctor. Glad to hear Oliver’s eye is better but sorry to hear Gracie’s eye is worse. Sending your sweet kitties mega dust. It did make me feel good to find that ring. Thank you. I agree if people can WFH it would be nice to let them. In a way it would be a major reduction in operating costs - just saving on paper, ink, electricity, TP, etc. Oh well no one asked my opinion. I bet your BIL doesn’t like going back full time since his commute is probably not fun. Glad you have some face shields; they do look like they cover everything pretty well. Your view as always is lovely. Great pictures from your ride. I did chuckle about the dear; he can’t you so you can’t see him. Yes, you should eat more ice cream.
@Niffler75 glad to hear it cooled off there for you. I hope your son finds gets to a point he has a good comfort zone with his teachers. Thank you; I was glad to find that ring.

@Austina I am glad to hear doing some normal things has made you feel a bit better about things. One day at a time, eh? I am glad we got a larger house than we need; it makes it nice for company for sure. Yes, it was nice to find my ring. That’s great you had such a long walk with Tom and Joey today. We had rain today as well. That’s great you are loving your bracelet. I enjoyed House too but yes he definitely spends more time with patients than in real life. How fun to see a mommy dear and 2 babies.

@canuk-gal I hope you get rested up this weekend since work has been so busy this week.

@MamaBee glad you are back in PA but sorry to hear your DH’s idea of keeping everything up isn’t the same as yours. I know Marty and I definitely differ on that as well. Yay for a bug free house anyway. As Niffler75 said; whatever is going on take care of yourself. Hugs to you.

@junebug17 thank you for the anniversary wishes; we are actually celebrating (at home) tomorrow. Also thank you about finding my ring; it really brightened my day. It is really nice Marty is helping people improve their health. The girl with CP isn’t even a client but she comes in with her GF so Marty gives her things to do. Glad to hear all is well with you and your family. Have a relaxing weekend.

@Bayek sorry to hear your surgeon doesn’t care about your pain level. Those Opioid addicts are making the rest of us suffer when we need pain relief. I asked Marty about the drugs they gave me after knee surgeries and he said; yes they were Opioids. So it’s not like they haven’t been around and used for years. That is good a nerve block helps with pain but it doesn’t sound fun if you can’t breathe. I can’t imagine how bad it hurts to sleep; my arm / shoulder is not even in the ball park with your pain and I have trouble sleeping. Hoping you get the surgery and pain behind you soon. Yes, I bet my mother is smiling I found that ring. I don’t think any of us get over losing our moms; big hugs to you. Oh no to going up to the 100’s this weekend. This Wyoming girl can’t handle that kind of heat. Stay COOL!!! Have fun picking out more things for your house.

I (doing my impersonation of an oblivious person going to the grocery store at 2 pm Friday before a holiday weekend) went shopping in a very busy grocery store, stood in line forever, then packed my car with my treasures while thinking dang it’s hot out here - then checked my phone to see it feels like 91 right now. I packed everything in the house and took care of everything then sent Marty a text - call the medics - I’m hot and sweating. I turned on the ceiling fan and dropped the temperature on the AC. I was cold again in about 30 minutes.

I met Marty for lunch and spent most of my time reading today. Marty had to work today so he’s been at the gym all day. I had popcorn for supper. I’ve been craving salty food this week for some reason. I think I’m good now.

I “might” consider getting up at 4:45 tomorrow to look for a comet in the morning twilight. Or better yet maybe I’ll tell Marty to look for it if he’s up already and wake me up if it’s worth seeing. Ha!!

We ordered some picanha from both Omaha Steaks and Kansas City Steaks so plan on grilling one of those tomorrow. Marty LOVES that whenever we go to a Brazilian restaurant.

I ordered 2 photo masks from Snapfish with some of my teddy bears on it. People at work keep telling me I should tie a teddy bear on my face to use as a mask so I figured I’d amuse myself with a bear mask.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovelies! Happy Caturday Saturday dear girls.

@Niffler75 thank you dear and that does not surprise me in the least. I too would always read over the records before I had the patients brought back to my exam room. That is what we do. We are prepared and caring and take the time and energy to do our jobs right. Yes I love the TV series House and was sad when it went off the air/the series ended. I think I will look for repeats on tv if they still show it. Hope you are having a lovely and cool weekend. Hugs to you and your DS and DH too.

@bling_dream19 I am so sorry you had an unpleasant gyn appointment. Sadly there are lots of not great doctors out there and sometimes finding the good ones can be an exercise in time and energy and frustration. You are such a dear. Your words bring me comfort and good energy and I truly appreciate that. Sending you big hugs and much love and tell your DH we will bring him Jersey take out including pizza when things improve here. But also tell him if he wants great pizza we should take him to Brooklyn where the pizza just cannot be beat IMO. Miss you too sweet lady and big hugs to you and your DH. Hope you have a good holiday weekend. Stay safe and be well.

@Bayek love the house pics and things are shaping up very well. Looking good! I am continuing to send bucketloads of healing dust your way and lots of good luck for your upcoming surgery. Thank you so for the kind and comforting words. One day at a time. I am glad Chris is doing well. As for our Alk Phosph I think they are elevated for different reasons. I have had the bone specific Alk Phosph test each time they test the general Alk Phosph and the bone Alk Phosph. is quite elevated so it is a bone issue. Let's hope it is not related to you know what and I don't think it is. But well I don't know anything for sure. My bone is turning over at a faster than "normal" rate and has been for over 24 months now. Before that it was always normal. Enough about that ho hum. Did someone say ice cream? Yummmm. We are treating Gracie's eye and it is now a bit gunky so perhaps bacterial in nature on top of viral. It is always multiple something these past couple of years. What can I say? Big hugs to you Kate the Great and wise and wonderful. Did my rain dance for you work yet?

@MamaBee aww honey I am sorry you are so stressed and hope things are taken care of very soon and the "problem" goes away ASAP. I hope you can enjoy your time with your DH and that you all remain well and safe. Sending you lots of good energy and positive vibes and hugs.
(((Hugs))).

@junebug17 I am glad the beaches are quiet by you and golfing and take out this weekend and enjoying family sounds like the perfect weekend holiday or not. Enjoy and be well and thank you for your kind wishes. Much appreciated. Hugs to you and your family too.

@Austina aww love deer and the babies are precious. Yay for the bracelet fitting you just right. I love when the bracelet stays put too. Thank you for your warm wishes. Looking forward to cycling this weekend and hopefully Monday will go smoothly. Hugs and more hugs to you.

@canuk-gal thank you very much and I am hope your bonus headache is all gone and you are looking forward to a restful and relaxing and fun weekend. Cycling gets me out of my head. Does it do the same for you? Flying by the sea and smelling the fresh ocean air and feeling the sun makes it all seem like it will be OK. Sending you lots of good wishes and gentle hugs.

@marcy sweet that Marty met you for lunch yesterday. Nice way to break up the day. We both enjoyed popcorn yesterday but mine was after dinner and not for dinner haha. But always a good treat no matter what time of day. I add sea salt and I agree it makes it very delectable. I used to eschew salt til my findings showed I was deficient and haven't looked back since. Sorry it is so hot by you. It is hot here too. Reached 90s F the past couple of days here as well. Haha to playing the oblivious person in the crowded supermarket and glad you got all your food shopping done. Friday afternoon can be very busy here in the stores. Looking forward to seeing your bear mask. Did you wake early this AM to see the comet? We got up at 3:30 AM but for a different reason. Anyway hope you get to see it and enjoy. Speaking of enjoy hope those steaks are good.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good ride yesterday. Today Greg is heading to his office to pack some photos/paintings up and bring it back here since work is moving in August and he doesn't want anything to happen to the photographs and paintings. Our dear friend B is an artist and he gave them to Greg and we cherish them so want to make sure they stay safe. We have some of his work up in our Brooklyn home too.

Enough chatting from me...onto the photos.
Ice cream!
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 4.32.22 AM.png

Sweet (but oh so tough) Gracie.
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 4.33.35 AM.png

Have a happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies and happy July 4h for those who celebrate. Be safe and well. (((Hugs))).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - just dropping in for a catch-up on Tommy? Is he still eating a little? And - Gracie's eye?! Gees louise....

@bling_dream19 - I hope you find a truly great gyn. I found a wonderful one last year, who diagnosed my endo cancer quick smart, used a temporary hormonal treatment till I had my surgery, and was all-around fabulous. My gyn. oncologist is equally wonderful. I was sexually assaulted by a dr during an appt when I was 19, and I tell drs that up front these days. I'm not AT ALL in awe of drs at this point in my life, and when I tell them my history of assault, especially given the litigious climate these days, I tend to get THE BEST care! Very respectful and careful. And - did I say careful? I mean SUPER careful! I am seriously done with mediocre doctors.

@Bayek - Kate, how long till we come over for our BBQ and swim in your pool?? oxo

Sorry for these random drop ins, ladies; my health these days is...iffy. My heart isn't beating right, and I have pain and all sorts of stuff. So I spend a great deal of my time simply sitting and worrying, lost in my own head. :(sad I wish they would hurry up and work out what the whole problem is (as opposed to bits of it) so I could get fully better. We inch slowly forwards....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @mrs-b you remain in my thoughts and prayers. You’re so kind to think of Tommy and Gracie at this time. I’m so sorry you still don’t have the answers and I’m continuing to send you bucketloads of healing dust. That you get fully better and soon.
(((Hugs))).

Tommy is eating but the steroid injection Debbie gave him is still in his system so once that wears off we shall see how he does. No diagnosis. The urine culture came back negative as all the other tests. So it’s probably cancer or autoimmune. One day at a time and today he is eating. Thankful about that.

Gracie has a combo viral with secondary bacterial infection (imo). I’m giving her both Neopoly and Ocuflox drops throughout the day. I bumped it up as her eye looks worse. Fingers crossed this clears it up soon.

In other news Greg’s feeling AOK re kidney stones and we’re just waiting for his biopsy results. He had that done last week. In February his dermatologist who follows him every 3 months (due to his history of melanoma) saw a change in one of his moles. Given his TKR in January the derm decided to send him for molesafe and biopsy it in April. Unfortunately all that got postponed due to Covid. So last week we had a local derm biopsy it. Hopefully we get good news and that will be negative.

Thank you for checking in here and sending you big hugs and tons of good luck dust. XOXO ❤️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday friends and happy 4th of July! I hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing, loving day.
@MamaBee good to hear from you and glad to hear you're back with your hubby. Lol about keeping the house clean, he tried right?! Maybe he will work from home. Sounds like you are in a very fast pace taking care of everyone. Hope you're doing well!
@missy hi sweet friend! One birthday many years ago we ended up on Brooklyn and had the best pizza!! My hubby was doing work in Brooklyn and he wanted to take me there and it was fabulous!!! Such a great memory but of coarse we want to go somewhere with you and Greg! Thinking about you and Greg in your grieving and preparations for the funeral. It will be a beautiful service honoring her to the fullest. And thinking about Tommy and Gracie, come on kitties...heal and get better for mommy and daddy. Miss you and enjoy your beautiful views and I'm thinking about you and Greg's health and sending lots of love.
@junebug17 you can come to dinner anytime! Your time at the beach sounds divine, not crowded, getting takeout I love it!
@Austina i love your idea of both! Last night i whipped up a chocolate sauce...of cocoa powder, butter, maple syrup, heavy cream and it was a fabulous sauce for the strawberries! Today we are strawberries over our pancakes and later strawberries and cream. Glad to hear yall are having fun ! I've seen those tuxedo strawberries they are soo cool! Hopefully we can go on a cruise someday. We've never gone. Do you think you will again? Anyhoo have a great weekend sparkling with your beautiful bracelet!
@Bayek I'm soo sorry you're in so much pain. That is awful and not fair. Your home is going to beautiful.
@MrsB I am soo sorry that happened to you. That is just despicable that a person violated you when you were at your most vulnerable. I'm glad you stand up for yourself and tell all doctors what happened and don't mess with me!
I used to feel inferior to doctors, thinking they were better than me but now I don't. I have crazy heavy periods, severe anemia and endometrial and cervical polyps. I have a fabulous endo and I think I'll ask her for a gyno referral. The male gyno I had actually tried to get my husband on his side, like a guys guy, like dogging me and teaming up with my husband and trying to get him on his side and that was the last time I ever saw him! Of course my husband didn't say anything. I think we were both in shock of what was happening. Then this lady gyno, who was a referral from my doctor friend, just isn't listening and then scolds and chides me. And the last time I did a procedure in their office it was awful! Ok enough of that. I'll find someone good. Thanks for sharing your story mrsb and you are a survivor. I think about you everyday and pray you feel better and live a long healthy life. I am just loving your sunlight Bodacious! I don't remember the spelling but you kwim. Hugs to you friend.
@marcy I can't wait to see your teddy bear masks that will be soo cute! I hope you have a fun and delicious 4th!
@canukgal I hope you're feeling better.
Love and hugs to all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results