shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Belated Birthday @marcy I’m sorry I missed it..I hope you had a great one.
Things are not going well. I‘m pretty sure Chris is drinking again. He gets verbally abusive to me. When he’s like that I get frightened because I worry he will come here. I’m by myself except for David, my mom and Bailey. Bailey is old so wouldn’t be able to protect me. He wouldn’t bother my mom or David...just me. Please say a prayer or send dust...I’m going to try to figure out how to change my name on here..I go by my user name here in real life with my grandson and daughter-in-law so I need to change it. He knows I go on a jewelry board. I’m getting a little paranoid he will see my posts where I talk about him...
Hugs to you all..

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I am worried too. The pics in the UK of beaches, parks and beauty spots completely rammed with people is a worry. ::)
I wondered wether you were eating broccoli ice cream! I'm sure it was delish! :lickout:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean Sending ((hugs)). This sounds stressful and complicated. :blackeye: Will keep you in my thoughts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean (((hugs))). I’m so sorry. If you want to talk I’m here for you. Remember you can only control what you can control and you can’t control Chris. You’re doing all you can and please don’t beat yourself up. I’m sending bucketloads of good luck dust your (and Chris’s) way.

@Niffler75 haha yeah that’s too much even for me. I mean I like broccoli but not in my ice cream.:wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I sent it to you. LMK if you haven’t received it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Mamabean, I echo what @missy says, you can’t help someone who doesn’t want to be helped, no matter how hard you try or might want to. Your priority is keeping yourself, David and your Mum safe.

I’m sure you’ve already done this, but if you have an alarm, set it, keep your phone handy and charged in case you need to call for help, and if he does turn up, please don’t answer the door or let him in. Take care.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh my I'm so sorry to hear this mamabean. Your safety is most important. I echo what everyone has said. Hang in there you are smart and strong. Hugs to you. I'm sure you and your hubby will figure out a way for you to feel safe.
@missy that icecream looks great! My mom got us these delicious pineapple frozen bars and peanut butter oatmeal gf cookies that have been really good.
Hi and hugs to all! Quick shout out xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Contact Ella. I’ll give you her email via IG DM ok?

Thank you..So Ella can only change it? I couldn’t see where I could do it myself.
I just emailed her @missy @Slick1 Thank you!

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls,
Just a quick hello! Trying to get a little gardening done today!
@Mamabean, I’m really sorry about all this. Please stay safe! Change the locks if you need to.

Re my ring. Can’t get it to the jeweller, it’s in Copenhagen and I’m not. So I’ll have to wait until corona goes away.

A few pictures from my day LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Mamabean I am so sorry to hear about Chris; I also hope you have a security system. I looked around my account on PS and did not see a place to change your name. Hopefully Ella takes care of you right away. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

@missy I am glad you manage to find the time to enjoy a ride and ice cream. You deserve the relaxation and fun. That ice cream looks delicious and “hi” to Gracie.

@Niffler75 I would not enjoy broccoli ice cream. My favorite flavor is cake batter.

Hi @Austina and @bling_dream19 and all other NIRDI’s.

Scandinavian I hope you got your gardening done. Gorgeous yard and I want to come relax on one of your benches.

Not much going on with me today. We watched the Endeavor dock with the space station this morning. Sweet. Marty went for a hike with a friend of his. I got the June newsletter done and worked on laundry. The tree pollen is pegged here since trees are finally blooming; I feel like I haven’t slept in weeks. I always get really tired when trees open up. Rats.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy June 1st Monday girls! Hope everyone enjoyed a lovely and safe weekend.

@missy that icecream looks great! My mom got us these delicious pineapple frozen bars and peanut butter oatmeal gf cookies that have been really good.
Hi and hugs to all! Quick shout out xo

Oh that sounds pretty darn delicious too. On both counts. Yummmm! Hope you are having a good beginning of the week. XOXO.

@Mamabean or shall I say mamabear thinking of you and hoping you are OK and that your son calms down and decides he wants to get help. (((HUGS))).

@Scandinavian yay for your new iPhone and hope you love it. Sorry you have to wait for your ring repair. Hang in there. Love the photos you have shared, thank you. Hugs.

@marcy thank you. You have accomplished a lot again. Laundry, newsletter and got to watch the Endeavor dock with the Space station. Sorry about your allergies and same here. The pollen is vicious. Lots of sneezing and sniffling and I sure hope it is just the pollen lol. When pollen and Covid are at the same time one gets a bit nervous if you kwim. Hope you get relief soon. I like cake batter ice cream too.

@Poodles4me sending lots of healing vibes across the miles to you and hope you wake migraine free. Hugs.

@canuk-gal how are you dear Sharon? Thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying more cycling. XO.

@Austina it's already been shipped woohoo and should get here sometime next week. Thanks again. Hope you are having a lovely Monday. XO.

@Bayek hope you had a fun weekend. Hugs.

@Niffler75 hope you had a good weekend and everyone is doing well. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all had a lovely and fun weekend. We enjoyed an amazing day of cycling and had an accidental social distancing play date too. LOL. We stopped to use the rest room and suddenly I heard my full name and I turned around and it was J and V!!! So excited and happy to see our buddies so we social distanced for a while and it was great. @Daisys and Diamonds this was one of the guys who is a hugger that I was worried would hug us despite the social distancing rules and we canceled the house play date (with him and his wife) when we got here. I shouldn't have worried as he didn't hug us. I was surprised but it shows we are all taking this very seriously.

gregjoeandbob.png

And of course we enjoyed some more ice cream. All in all a glorious Sunday.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.47.49 AM.png

Have a wonderful Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 I am off to PT and thinking of you. Hoping J is safe and sound and sending all of you big hugs and good thoughts. It’s a crazy world. But we’re here for each other and it makes it a little less scary. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT went ok. Decided to do twice a week for now and reevaluate every week. Lots going on so not sure how much longer I’ll continue but I’ll go twice a week for now.

63C2DDAF-490A-42A8-9B2C-081ED73B9A1C.jpeg

@marcy I’m a long way off from lifting 115 lbs but you’re my inspiration.

I did do 55 lbs today doing leg presses. For me that’s an improvement so woohoo. Lol.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT went ok. Decided to do twice a week for now and reevaluate every week. Lots going on so not sure how much longer I’ll continue but I’ll go twice a week for now.

63C2DDAF-490A-42A8-9B2C-081ED73B9A1C.jpeg

@marcy I’m a long way off from lifting 115 lbs but you’re my inspiration.

I did do 55 lbs today doing leg presses. For me that’s an improvement so woohoo. Lol.

Any kind of exercise with a mask on is impressive if you ask me... You go girl!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The photos are so clear @Scandanavian, it looks lovely there.

That sounds like a good plan with the PT @missy and very doable. How great to be able to catch up with your friends and have a good chat and ice cream is always a bonus. I have bought some many things from that company during this pandemic, they originally started just selling jewellery, but whoever’s in charge, has really adapted to the current market conditions. They sold masks, visors and gloves, as well as donating them to care homes, I’ve bought cleaning products and last week we got a UV/ozone machine which we’ve put in a few rooms to kill off anything that’s lurking. They’ve even sold cat and dog food because customers asked for it and couldn’t get to the shops.

I hope everything is ok with you @Mamabean and things are calm there.

We were glued to the TV yesterday watching the docking @marcy, did you see it? It’s so exciting seeing history being made. Sounds like you’ve had a really productive weekend.

We made the decision that with the easing of the lockdown, that we would venture out today, Colin wasn’t keen, but I feel we need to try and get back to some kind of new normality. We went to the supermarket, I went in, masked and gloved, we needed a few things that we just can’t get elsewhere. It wasn’t particularly busy, but there was no social distancing in store, so I grabbed what I wanted, paid and left. There was only 1 other person in store wearing a mask. After I put the stuff in the car, I put my gloves in a bag, and Colin sprayed me with anti bac :lol: We went from there to the outdoor market to get fruit, I was the only customer, so that was fine.

It’s been a scorcher here today, I hope it hasn’t made you feel too bad @Niffler75. We waited till late afternoon to do some gardening, but oy, it was exhausting.

I hope all the NIRDIs are doing well, and keeping safe. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy yes pollen is vicious right now. Not a good time to be sneezing and coughing from allergies though. When we go for ice cream I usually get cake batter and chocolate; they are a good combo. I never like adding toppings; I’d rather enjoy the ice cream. How are you and Greg doing and holding up? Nice you had a lovely ride and caught up with some friends from a safe distance. That ice cream looks delicious. Good idea to keep going to PT 2 times a week. Woo Hoo for 55 pound leg presses. Sweet. That is awesome.

@Scandinavian every time I see your avatar I immediately think of your gorgeous view. It’s my moment of zen.

@Austina yes we were glued to the TV too watching the docking and then finally going in to the space station. We enjoyed every minute of it as well. Yay for venturing out and getting some things you need.

I decided I am going to work 7:30 - 4:30 in the office for now which means no snooze alarm action or reading my phone when I get up. Darn. But hey I'll get off work at 4:30. They seem to be actively working on a seating chart to get people back to work. One idea is have people work every other day either at home or in their half cube. The high walls apparently aren't safe enough so I might need to shift my PC to the left a bit.
I picked up tacos on the way home, did dishes and then did my lifting. Reminds me I need Advil.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. The heat is coming...tomorrow it's going to be in the mid 80s here. That's warm when you add in our east coast humidity.

@marcy I am right with you. I like straight up ice cream. Last year I tried mini pb cups in my ice cream and while I love PB cups it was too much with the ice cream. Sounds like a good plan to work from home every other day if that is possible. And 730 start time allows an earlier departure so that is a good plan too. Though it is pretty early to be at work. But all in all I am glad things are gaining a sense of normalcy by you. Boo to the pollen that is bothering us marcy. Hugs.

@Austina I am intrigued about your ozone UV machine. Please share a link if you don't mind or email me. Very curious about that. Woohoo for venturing out to the grocery store and you were smart about it. Fully protected and social distancing and I think you are good. Especially since the stores are relatively empty by you and the infection is down by you. I am with you re just needing to get some things you cannot get delivered and you and Colin have been super patient and smart all these months and it is a good time to make small quick trips with minimal risk. Hope the weather cools down a bit by you. Ours is heating up soon. Oh well, summer is coming a bit early. XO.

@Scandinavian thank you for the support and cheer. I agree. Working out with a mask on puts it on a whole other level. I was sweating behind that mask but it's doable. How are you enjoying your new iPhone? Hugs.

@Slick1 hope the rest of your Monday went well and you are having sweet dreams right now. Sending you hugs and lots of good thoughts.

Hi to everyone else. Hope your week is going smoothly.

Greg and I enjoyed a nice ride yesterday afternoon and it was cool and brisk and windy and it felt great. Today we have a super busy morning and hoping there will be time for a ride later. We shall see. Have a lovely day girls and stay well.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.11.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.11.11 AM.png

Have a wonderful day ladies and hugs to all of you. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness I’m so discombobulated with all that’s happening in the world I forgot to share this from yesterday. A baby deer and his momma bounding across the highway. So sad they’re in danger among cars and traffic. I managed to get a pic before the baby disappeared safely into the woods. Whew. Momma and baby safe for now at least.

3FD10E78-5728-45CD-B03F-D0E1BDED3F10.jpeg

Perspective shot.

9E1D6C7C-30D6-48D9-9EF7-831E0323E55A.jpeg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey: Well, it's hot here. I took my son out for an early walk before it got too hot and he was running around like crazy in the big field opposite our house trying to catch crickets!
Hershey was at the vet this morning having her thyroid levels checked. Last time she had to have an anaesthetic. This time I asked for an oral sedative for her and she managed well with no need for a full anaesthetic! Plus it saved us some money.
My ring for the lab ruby is being cast today. Gosh it has taken ages to get to this point. I think I have found a local bench to finish and set the stone fingers crossed!
@missy Glad you are getting on ok with your PT.
@Mamabean hope you are ok?
@Austina Ugh the heat! I hate to say I am looking forward to the rain arriving overnight.
@Slick1 Checking in. I have been thinking about you.
Thinking of everyone and will check in again later! x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I have to admit, I won’t mind the rain at all @Niffler75, and the garden will certainly be glad. Good news that Hershey didn’t have to have an anaesthetic, it’s always a risk so glad the oral sedative worked. Years ago when I had my first dog, he needed an xray and they said they’d have to knock him out, I told them no, he’d be fine. They hoisted him up on to the table, and I told him to lay still, they were amazed that he did and they got the X-ray. He was already very ill by then, although we didn’t know it, so I was glad he wasn’t anaesthetised.

That sounds like a good plan @marcy, you just need to make sure you actually leave at 4.30pm so they don’t get extra hours out of you for nothing! Even better if you can work at home a few days a week. I’m getting updates from NASA about the mission and Colin jokes each time that it’s my call up for the next mission :lol: I tell him I can only go for a month, because I’ll need my roots doing at week 5.

Wow, the scenery from your ride is great @missy, the sky is sooooo blue. How lovely to see the deer, glad they got across safely. They don’t seem to develop much road sense, unfortunately we see some fatalities on the roads here , always so sad.:cry: I hope you managed to get a ride in today, it’s been another scorcher, but hopefully it’ll cool down here tomorrow.

We met Sue and Rob this morning and had a really long walk, went to a place we used to take Dottie, but haven’t been in a while. In winter the place was really mucky, and she’d trot ahead, spot a newly formed pond, turn to look at us, and then charge full pelt, and splat, straight in to a filthy, muddy bog!

Had a food delivery today, and got something we didn’t order, I hope whoever it belonged to didn’t want it for today.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are keeping safe and well :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls..I hope everyone is doing great...I’m fine..Liar..Liar...Pants on fire! :lol: I’m really okay. It’s been quiet the last few days...When he gets like that I have to distance myself. I’m wearing extra bling...It definitely perks me up! Thank you for all the support girls...I really appreciate it.
@missy I hope you’re doing okay. It’s amazing that you did 55 pounds during your leg presses at the PT! Between you and @marcy I feel inadequate. I pat myself on the back when I can pick up a case of bottled water without knocking out my back..haha
Thank you for giving me Ella’s email address. I emailed her again this morning.
Your pics are so pretty..I really enjoy them. I miss seeing deer in my backyard in Pa. This is a city environment so nothing but birds and squirrels. I also have my neighbor’s cats visit me. If I keep the porch propped open for a delivery I’ll see a few cats making themselves comfortable in there. I feel bad that I have to tell them to leave because they’re not house cats...My neighbor let’s them stay in her basement most nights but they are out all day. I‘m worried that they could possibly have ringworm...or something else..Their fur is a little patchy.
@Austina I cracked up when I read that you could only stay In space five weeks because you would have to do your roots. I did my hair two weeks ago and I can already see a little darker roots coming in. I have gray in the front so it’s not that noticeable with my new extra light ash blonde with a little orange tint..haha I’m hoping to get that out with the next application.
I can’t believe Colin sprayed you with disinfectant after your shopping trip! That so funny and sad at the same time..
It must have been great to see your friends and take a walk. I’m doing Zoom with my friends tomorrow. I really hate how I look on it but I miss them so much so I buckled.
@Niffler75 Im happy Hershey didn’t need to be put under anesthesia. Why would she need anesthesia to get her thyroid checked? How’s your son doing? David is more like a very young child even though he is 34..so it’s a full day with keeping him engaged. He’s happy he’s home with me. He’s enjoying all the food. I made us homemade pizza for dinner last night. I’m tweaking my recipe..I think I finally got it the way we like it now. I’m going to make a smaller one for Scott and Allie when we go to visit them on Sunday. We will sit outside in front of their window to see Jackson and the new baby. Next week I will leave my mom home and take David. We will go when Jackson is at day care. We will have to scale a hill to get into their back yard. We can then visit in their back yard. My mom would not be able to climb up a hill..
@Tekate How are you doing? How’s Chris doing in Brooklyn? Has he seen any of the demonstrations? The world is going crazy..
I would have done the same thing taking Autie when she was reaching for you. It’s so hard...Scott, Allie and Jackson are around a lot of people in the day care situation..Mike and Cara mainly stay home, right?
@junebug17 Are you enjoying your time in SC? Are you getting out at all? Have you been to the beach?
@Calliecake What‘s going on at your end? How’s your brother doing?
@Scandinavian Your sod looks like it will look really nice..You live in such a beautiful place. I think you said your ring is getting the pink diamond in your halo replaced? When do you think you will be able to get it.
@marcy I think the hours you picked to work are great. Yes it’s early but you get home early. How long is your commute?
@Slick1 I hope you are doing okay...I know you miss your little pal. Hugs..
@Jimmianne Your band is so pretty...You have a beautiful collection. Have you been out in your garden ducking all the people that peer over your wall? How did your French lesson go In your yard?
Hugs to you all..

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All! I am always apologizing to my NIRDI friends. It has been very busy and pretty depressing at the Slick house.
Thank you all for your warm thoughts. We miss our little Chase terribly. It is very hard, after 17 years, to suddenly not have my little tail...I am feeling a little more comfortable with the decision now so that does help the grief. To make myself feel better, I ordered a pendant that looks just like him. The kids helped me pick him out and I will have him in a couple weeks.

IMG_8298.jpg

I think of you all often and yet can never find enough time, or recently the energy, to respond to each of you as I should. I do love reading about all of your adventures, trials and tribulations. I am always sending warm wishes to all of you warm, lovely ladies.
Everyone stay safe and healthy!
((Hugs)) to you all!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Reading & running away ,( - www connection vaning

@Mamabean Uh, I am not good at being anyone's pursuit either. I am up for a fight though & could pobable bottle some if 'It' & send!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hello sweet girl! they poured our foundation(s) today BUT we couldn't get up to our lot because they was a very very bad accident and the road was closed and still is, but we finally went way north then east and was able to arrive after it was poured, John says it was a big step! Missy, I hate heat, I could have lived in Maine forever but John does not like winter - period. Auti arrived and it was time to go back. I thought I would have been up to the city at least once since December last :( always Missy thank you for caring, it's hard to convey how much your words (and poems my goodness you are a writer - your Marcy bday poem was wonderful and @marcy happy belated bday girl and I will take 12 donut holes please :) ) I understand about the mask Missy I had to see my (new) oral surgeon yesterday and I had to take my mask off I felt very vulnerable and the doc didn't have a mask on but did have gloves... so now I wait. ugh... oooh your green vanilla ice cream looks sooooooo good yum! and moose

@Austina Hola! I wish I had watched the space launch, but I get the heebee jeebies when I think about launches after Challenger, so I read while it's happening, I've become very soft on strength during this covid-19, I seriously think I had an existential breakdown of a sort after what Nala and Red wrote.... I couldn't cope at all.. weird but I am finally feeling a bit better, my psyche is very vulnerable I guess :) I've been getting sun because in Maine my Vit D was always always low but in Texas one doesn't have a problem because it's much sunnier.

@Mamabean oh no on your son maybe drinking again - I hope the maybe is not... our kids.. they break our hearts they make our hearts sing.. I am sorry if so Joanne. it's easy to change your ID, I just clicked on send a note to mgmt here and it was done in a week. I like mamacare.. but is your son the type who would try and track you down on the web? I am sorry to read that.. altho my sons could have figured tekate out in a nano if they looked, they know I used it a lot over the years. Sending support dust to you, you can reach my on Insta..take care. Mike is home, but Cara has been working steadily 3 days a week in the office... Auti is now going to daycare full 8 hours 3 days a week so they are off our list of able to meet up with people :( pains me.

Hi @Niffler75 hope you and the family are wonderful and heat does stink!

Hi @AV_ your flower picture is wonderful, my favorite Hagen Das ice cream is rum raisin, I love it.. hope you are staying well.

HI @junebug17 how are you? how's all the cleanup going, how's the kids and your whole family? I hope everything and everyone is well June.

Hi @Scandinavian my family is a total android family so we use android phones, I have a phone called an Essential, but the company went out of business!!! eventually some Samsung phone will be my next one.. we were Intelers and apple was verboten. :) hope you are enjoying your new Iphone and your picture of the water is spectacular Scandi..it's so peaceful where you live.

@Daisys and Diamonds hey girl, hope all is well down under, you all are going into winter correct? hope your family is happy and healthy!

@Slick1 hey Slick! hope your daughter is well and everyone in your neck of NY is safe and happy as can be under the circumstances, grief never goes away I think it just get's put in its box till something brings it out again.

@Jimmianne Hi Jimmi! miss you, but the time thingy does get in the way of posting I'm sure. Hope your French lessons are going well, I loved your new fence door Jimmi, perfection.

The foundation was poured for our house and outdoor kitchen today, John says that is a milestone. My phone is charging but I will try to come back ltr and post a few pix.

right now this is our appliances, tell me what you all think or opinion and if you are not interested in that stuff No worries!

Thermador Pro-Harmony Dual Range oven

48-Inch Pro Harmony® Standard Depth Dual Fuel Range
PRD486WDHU

Thermador Vent for range

48-Inch Masterpiece® Low-Profile Wall Hood with 1000 CFM
HMWB481WS

Thermador Dishwasher (free)

24-Inch Masterpiece® Stainless Steel Emerald®
DWHD650WFM

Bosch Refrigerator

800 Series French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator36'' Easy clean stainless steel
B21CT80SNS

Bosch drawer microwave

800 Series Drawer Microwave24'' Stainless Steel
HMD8451UC

Under counter wine cooler

1591129924419.png

Washer and Dryer? not sure but cheapest I can find that is decent, I am a firm believer in low end washer dryers because they break.

of course this can change what do I know??? but so far this is it.

Any thoughts on better deals? I am way over budget in appliances (haha! not a surprise).. but I appreciate anyone offering cheaper and better ideas.

LOVE THE NIRIDs!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Slick1 ((hugs)) Your pendant is gorgeous and a way to keep Chase close to your heart! Take care x

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 - I am so sorry about Chase! My heart breaks for you because I know the pain. We lost our little toy poodle (who was also an apricot) at age 14 in 2013. I have never experienced anything as painful as losing her and we've lost various family members throughout the years. I hope you are eventually able to feel completely at peace with your decision. The worse thing is seeing them suffer. Eventually the bad memories will disappear and will be replaced with the memories of happier times when Chase was young and healthy. I promise!

We have three little poodles now. I love them all but as someone once told me Lucy was my heart dog. They always have that special place in your heart.

@Bayek - I can't speak to the range you picked but we did have a Thermador cooktop and when we could no longer get replacement parts we got another Thermador. I don't think we would get another brand. Our oven is an old GE Profile which we also love. We had WOLF cooktop for a short time and it was crap. We might as well have just flushed money down the toilet.

Sorry for not naming everyone but a big Hello to all the NIRDIs! Gotta go, K is making our afternoon lattes and the dogs are waiting for cookies :).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results