shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean Oh fab, many congrats! Been thinking of you and Allie! :mrgreen2: Wonderful news, thanks for sharing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! This has been a crazy fun day! His name is Noah Ryder..He came a little more than three weeks early. He weighed 7 lbs 3 ounces..and 21.1 inches long..He mews like a cat. It’s so cute! They FaceTimed me a few times today. Texts with pics were coming in all day. I think they feel bad because I can’t be there..I feel bad because I can’t help her after having a csection. Scott told me that they are going to put chairs up in front of the window when they get home so I can see him up close. :kiss2: I want to hold him so bad but that can’t happen yet. Allie said the operating room was covered in plastic sheeting...All the doctors and nurses were dressed in PPE. The anesthesiologist couldn’t hear inside the suit so Scott was relaying information from Allie to the doctor. They said it looked like the movie Contagion. I‘m so thankful they are all okay. Scott has to stay in the room with Allie and Noah until they are released from the hospital.If he leaves he can’t come back in. They pushed a cot in the room to sleep..He also gets some delicious hospital food. They are in their own little bubble...TG
Talk to you all tomorrow when my heart calms down...haha

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean WOWZA!! great news, sorry about the emergency C-section.. sending love to you and the family! xoxoxo

Rafi has a song about Noah! gear up Granny! such fun..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne you ladies have convinced me to try Sketchers. Thanks. Love your parasol and table set. WTH your neighbor piling up stuff against your property. You gotta wonder about people sometimes, eh?

@canuk-gal how nice to go shopping and take home your treasures on your bike. We all definitely have saved on gas for months now plus the price went down to top off our tanks. Nice it is getting green there. Grass is green here but trees are slow to bloom.

@bling_dream19 mmm cherries. That is a great idea to cook up meals and freeze them. Marty doesn’t think that far ahead on meals but I used to do that before he started lifting and eating so much protein. Sketchers have to be comfortable for road trips. I like NB shoes too.

@Mamabean that is so sweet you blow kisses to the instacart shopper. We have been tipping everyone too. Mmm donuts. Someday we can all go shopping at Whiteflash. I don’t think an ES would disappoint. That was nice of you DH to take a pay cut to help his company out right now. Economic challenges will be everywhere for quite a while. Those clogs look like they would be cool on your feet. Congratulations on the new baby; hoping Noah and Allie are doing well. Sounds like the hospital is taking all necessary precautions for them.

@Bayek ouch to Auti’s cat scratch; glad she wasn’t hurt real bad. I know they always say kids are tough and that is a good thing. I am glad picking up your groceries is working out so well. I did see your pics on instagram; it is fun watching them build your place and yet it seems to take such a long time. We are heading to the 80’s this week but I am sure that’s cool for you. I am an ACA enabler; I’d love to go shopping in person at Whiteflash. Nice to hug Auti; she loves her grandma.

@Scandinavian @Jimmianne’s garden looks like a postcard.

@missy I am sure going 35 mph on a bike is quite a thrill; I took my car for a spin tonight but only got up to 64 mph. Too many cars including police and sheriffs out too. I am glad to hear your MIL is in good spirits. Sending her mega dust. Glad you are getting in miles on the bike. Great pictures. I’ve always been weary of public restrooms but even more so now. Sorry Tommy wouldn’t take his medicine; it sounds very difficult to get down. Too funny Sasha wouldn’t move when you guys rode in to the driveway.

@Austina it is nice to go out and eat and we sure want to help out local businesses; we are not going to eat at chains just local places. Thee city has pretty stringent guidelines to open and one owner told Marty they send people around to check those guidelines are being followed. Glad you get a deal on your shoes. Nice to set up Zoom for pilates classes. That’s great Shirley is getting out and sounds like she is doing better. Enjoy that nice weather.

@Niffler75 that’s great you son is handling the COVID crisis so well. Sorry the weather is so hot there.

@Daisys and Diamonds I am so sorry to hear about Melanie; sending her mega dust and hope she gets better. That is some comfort her husband will have a job. I hate to hear his company is closing down. Oh no to feeling an earthquake and aftershocks. I will be in the blast zone of Yellowstone’s super volcano but what can we do? Oh no to loud and fighting neighbors.

Hi @Calliecake.

So I have one more day of working from home. I told Marty I expect him to have the dishes done when I get home from work plus an occasional load of laundry. He isn’t going for it.

Our cleaning lady was here today. We had grilled filet for lunch with rice for Marty and a potato for me. After Marty was done at the gym we met at a Mexican restaurant downtown for supper. They had every other table taped off but they were full. Glad to see people out supporting local businesses. After supper Marty was heading back to the gym to cleanup and I went that way then turned left; I figured he’d be grilling me where did you go but he knows me too well - he came in and said you went somewhere you could drive fast, didn’t you? I sad maybe - my car wanted to run wild and free.

My sister sent me 3 masks for work so I’ve got 6 assorted ones now. I am tempted to make myself some with yarn and paper towels then throw them away every time I wear one. With allergies I’m thinking “ewe” to keep wearing the same one off and on all day.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabean. Welcome Noah!! Three weeks early and the perfect weight and length. The best news ever, from here on out there will be no calming down ~from Radical happiness. XX

Marcy, ya gotta wonder about people sometimes for sure. The fun is trying to stay cool when they are so #$&*@ annoying.
Oh, did we get to you? Sketchers rock. You won’t be sorry if you try them.

My ring arrived yesterday morning only TWO MONTHS after it was shipped.
I am a firm believer that bling produces serotonin.
I thought having a ring that spells out “forever” would look kind of hokey, (especially if you buy it for yourself!) but it is so delicate...no problem. And I ‘needed’ it for my collection.
So now I have to figure out the symbolism for me.
Maybe “ I bought this ring during the Covid crisis and it took forever to get it “.
C7BB1D43-4DFD-4359-9731-1D3A6C82B207.jpeg 96981C96-98FA-4544-9D03-CA8A891E6C61.jpeg EE6FC9D1-9ECE-47F2-916E-F916FB7A963E.jpeg LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to this crazy wonderful world Noah Ryder! I can say with complete confidence you are very very loved and you have an amazing grandma!!!

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.09.50 AM.png

@Mamabean big (((hugs))) and hearty Mazel Tov to you and the entire family!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies!

@Jimmianne SWOON! LOVE your newest bling addition. :love: It looks so rich and luxurious on your hand!
Grace and elegance to the max. XOXO.

bitmojiswoon.png

@marcy sweet your cleaning lady was there yesterday and cleaned the house. I love that feeling when it is fresh and clean. Sounds lovely that you and Marty enjoyed Mexican food yesterday and are supporting local businesses too. Win win. I am glad you have a few masks to choose from and I am with you on the rewearing and eww factor. Yet still rewear them we do. I let them air out for 3 days before re wearing. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I hope it does. How is Marty's gym going? Are his clients all returning now? Enjoy your last day working from home and lots of luck on returning to the office. Hugs.

bitmojiyes.png

@Slick1 how are you sweet friend? Hope you are doing OK. Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

@bling_dream19 I thought of you yesterday as we enjoyed Dave's ice cream. He was so warm and generous as was his partner. I think this pandemic has made almost everyone even nicer. Haha that wouldn't be possible in your case though as you are the nicest and warmest loveliest person I have the honor of knowing. Hope you are having a good week and hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good day yesterday. PT in the AM, I worked out and then we went cycling and had an impromptu ice cream stop. Dave saw us ride by and ran out and stopped us and we had ice cream- his treat. Very nice though I wasn't even in the mood for ice cream at that time. I quickly got in the mood and ate it all lol.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.23.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.24.42 AM.png

Today we have a busy day so I am off soon. Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Wednesday. I know @Mamabean will!!! YAY for a new baby in the NIRDI family. It's a boy woohoo!!!!

bitmojiwoohoo.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

The day ran away with us yesterday, after our walk, we were busy doing nothing!

Congratulations @Mamabean, I’m so relieved for you all that baby Noah arrived safely, and Allie is doing well. He certainly was in a hurry to get here. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before you can actually hold him.

I’m so sorry @Daisys and Diamonds I hope the hospice has managed to get Melanie out of pain and feeling more comfortable. What a worry for you all. How is Gary doing?

Ooooo @Jimmianne, so glad your ring finally arrived, what a beautiful addition to your Sepkus family, and of course the NIRDI family. :lol: Love the idea of bling releasing serotonin.

Phooey to having to go back to work @marcy, but glad you can get out to eat again, and the restaurants are keeping their customers safe. With all the speed cameras around here, it’s nigh on impossible to speed! Yum to mexican food, I could certainly go for some right now.

Woohoo to getting ice cream yesterday @missy, what a treat that you were able to stop and chat at a safe distance. How’s the PT going, do you feel that it’s doing some good, or is it too soon to tell yet? Colin read an article the other day about a man who’s invented a face mask that self sanitises by plugging it in. Sounds like a great idea and not just to cut down on waste.

Hi @Bayek, I’m really glad you’re collecting all sorts of info on pools, because we’ll be picking your brains when it comes to our turn :mrgreen: How’re things there, any more progress on the house?

Thinking of you @Slick1 and hoping your happy memories of Chase are sustaining during this difficult time.

How’re things with you @bling_dream19 ?

Hope you and yours are all keeping well @Calliecake .

We had a food delivery yesterday, and are waiting (impatiently) for our meat delivery. Tracking info said he was up to 48 ages ago, and we’re 52 on the schedule, but the journey map has now disappeared. Hope he hasn’t run off with our food :lol:

Colin did his antibody blood test this morning, oy, because his fingers are all gnarly and bent, the blood was flowing everywhere. Anyway, I finally managed to collect enough so we popped out to put it in the post.

Overcast here today, but we’re sitting outside anyway, what else is there to do apart from reading and relaxing?

Going to try a pilates class this evening on Zoom, should be fun!

Have a great day lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Hi all...happy hot Wed (our hottest day of the year thus far)

@Mamabean-congrats to the Nth degree on little baby Noah. I'm sure your daughter knows your heart is with her. Can you send premade food (and maybe disposable dishes) to make their days at home easier? And, we would love a pic of that snuggly face at some point :)

@missy-So sorry to hear about Greg’s Mom likely diagnosis. Dust for all the best medical care (since we know she is already surrounded by lovely people). And thanks for all the pics...they really do brighten our days

@daisy-So sorry to hear about Gary’s daughter. Fingers crossed her last journey is as pain free and filled with love as possible. My stepfather had hospice care, and that team, once you get used to having them involved in your life, were true angels.

@Jimianne-Love the ring, seems art deco-ey and goes well with your current rings.

Spent the entire 5 day weekend sorting and packing. Bedroom closet, done. Basement-80% done. 1 shelf unit left. Was exhausted yesterday. Hosting a virtual yard sale now (100 items, it's crazy how much one keeps) and it's keeping me very busy (but also making me some $$ to help fund the move).

Spoke to my realtor friend on Sunday and she convinced me that if I can sell the house privately (I have someone VERY interested) at the $ we both agree would be a good starting price, I should do so. With all my work travel, house is STILL a fixer upper...and if I went the realtor/retail route, even with a bidding war, I would probably only get another 5-7% over asking. Which means I'd break even with a realtor. I've scheduled the interested party to come by Sunday night to see the house. Fingers crossed.

Off to drag my AC down from the 2nd floor...it's going to be a scorcher here today!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina...elevated serotonin...the perfect reason to buy bling!
I think your beautiful weather from Monday just arrived here, so thank you.
Sorry about the travel issues interfering with seeing Adam. That’s not easy.
We are so used to at least having some control over our lives, it’s bizarre to not be able to make any sort of concrete plans.
Have a good afternoon!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry I forgot to wish Greg’s Mum well @missy, another worry you don’t need at the moment.

It’s a funny day here today @Jimmianne, dull but still sitting out weather.

Certainly sounds like the way to go @TechieTechie, everything crossed the interested party makes you an acceptable offer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne I love your new band; it is forever gorgeous. I will definitely look in to some Sketchers.

@missy nice that you had some Dave’s ice cream; it looks delicious. How cool he rushed out to get you and Greg plus treated you to some free ice cream. Thank you, I am hoping to enjoy my last day of WFH and hope transitioning back to the office goes smoothly.

@Austina Marty only rented a car once on his many trips to Southampton and got 2 speeding tickets. Both were in the same spot where the reduced speed sign was hidden by bushes until you were on top of them. He got a warrant in the mail about them with all sorts of threats and warnings; his company had their attorneys take care of it. I do enjoy Mexican food as well. Colin’s antibody test does not sound fun; ugh. Enjoy Pilates the great outdoors.

@TechieTechie you are making progress on packing and getting rid of things. We filled 4 big construction sized trash bins when we moved and I wish we filled it up 2 more times. Good deal you are able to sell some of it. Stay cool. I hope you are able to sell your house without going through a realtor.

I am enjoying my last day of house arrest / freedom. Don’t look forward to being in the office tomorrow. Played cards with a friend online this morning; I won’t be able to do that during lunches at work.

Take care.
Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy Missy your sweet compliment has me beaming ear to ear and has brightened my day so much I feel the same about you girl! You are so kind, fun and warm hearted ! And that is soo cool that Dave spotted yall...I am sure he's been looking out his window looking for yalls flag. He is a dear. I miss it there soo much but am so glad we are not in the apartment. Hugs and lots of love to you friend. Thinking about Greg's mom and hoping she's ok and your mom too.
@TechieTechie you go girl on your cleaning and packing! We did some too, almost done with the laundry room. I hope your house sells and you get your max money!
@marcy that's really cool you love fast cars! And diamonds do look great in cars, you know, we all love the steering wheel bling shot!
@Austina glad to hear you're enjoying your gardens and enjoying life. Life is good here, busy day working but that's ok. Have you started wearing Bella again?

Love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 that's great you are almost done with the laundry room. What a great feeling when those projects are done. Yes, I do like fast cars and I have been known to have bling photos with my steering wheel.
I am supposedly getting a FedEx label to return my ring for sizing - so far the "it takes about an hour" has turned in to 2 hours.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 that's great you are almost done with the laundry room. What a great feeling when those projects are done. Yes, I do like fast cars and I have been known to have bling photos with my steering wheel.
I am supposedly getting a FedEx label to return my ring for sizing - so far the "it takes about an hour" has turned in to 2 hours.

Channelling my inner Marcy and getting rid of things! We have about 1/4 left to finish.
Yay for getting your ring sized, I can't stand a tight ring but it leads to loose rings. Its a struggle to get the size right lol! Hope you have a great dinner tonight!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Mamabean CONGRATS! Me luvs babies...….

@Jimmianne your photos are really PRO! Luv your new band.

Had a nice ride to get my bike fixed....LOL Very efficient service and they didn't charge me! MY DH just had some work done so they gave me a freebie. It was an easy fix but I am grateful nonetheless. If I get a new bike, it will be from them!

NIDI shout out!

Something is wrong with our old SUV...warning lights etc, it's always something:rolleyes:.

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hey Marcy :) yup that was one scratch, she much less interested in getting near CAAAAAT :) Okay Marcy a def we will all go to Whiteflash.. I've never been there, I assume it's small but filled with BIG diamonds.. I agree with you about supporting local businesses my son today in Brooklyn got two slices of the best pizza in the world (NYC pizza!) and he said while he didn't want to really go out (he's afraid to get covid and I don't blame him)..but he felt it was important to start supporting restaurants at least, so two slices to go! Mexican YUM YUM.. sounds delicious.. back into the office soon... I think all of us (people in USA) have sacrificed enough and it is time to start up slowly, crazy world huh Marcy? sending a huge BAYEK hug to you :) xoxoxo

@Jimmianne Beautiful ring Jimmi, the whole style is really elegant, and the style is just so intricate, love it. when can you come back here? I hope French lessons are going well and you and your family are all well. sending a hug and love to you - always Jimmi... xoxoxoxoxo

@missy how just utterly wonderful to have Dave's ice cream!!! I've actually been waiting for you to post this! I too am hoping like Austina that Greg's mom is doing well.. it is great to have a doctor in the family. You sound wonderful and I love that.. xoxoxoxo huge huge Bayek hug sweetie!

@Austina yes! so far I love my pool builder, not done ANYTHING yet, but he has zero bad ratings which is a M I R A C L E in Austin land... I hope pilates on Zoom was fun, if I tried pilates I'd fall over and die. :) miss you and Colin and look so forward to when you all get here (notice mah southern accent is returning ;-) ) it will be so much fun... you sound wonderful Austina and I'm so glad to read that (not that I thought you don't ALWAYS sound wonderful but in these times of Covid-19 one is always hoping things are GREAT for everyone).. hope you are enjoying sleeping now! sending you a HUGE Bayek hug and look forward to either Sept or Dec.. xoxoxoxoxo

Hi to EVERYONE..

tomorrow the foundation people will come to inspect to ensure all is ready for rebars!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@bling_dream19 you are a sweetheart and right back at ya. I am glad you aren't stuck in the apartment either though it would be awesome if you were here and could have social distanced with us yesterday as we had more ice cream haha. Thank you for your warm wishes and all your good thoughts. Sending bucketloads of good wishes your way and hope life is going smoothly and sweetly. XOXO.

@Bayek good luck today re the foundation people. I hope everything is going as planned! Thank you for your enthusiasm re Dave and the ice cream. It really was so great seeing Dave and Tom both and the ice cream was just a little bonus. Seeing them was the highlight and chatting with them too. How is Auti doing? I hope she is all recovered and not traumatized by her encounter with the kitty. Hi to all your wonderful family and big hugs and much love. You are da best girlie and whenever I think of you I smile. XOXO.

@Austina aww thanks and no worries. I know you always send the best wishes our way and we send all the best to you too. Greg's mom is in good spirits and we are in close touch with her. Just waiting for the OK to visit her. She lives in an assisted living place but she is in the independent group so she is separate from the ones who need more assistance. I am not sure if PT is helping honestly and I am thinking of cutting back...my therapist isn't in much of the time and I also am exhausted with our punishing schedule these days so that might have to go. I will give it one more week (this week no more sessions as Jasmine is off the rest of the week) so next week might be it for now. How is Colin feeling? When are you getting your test results back for him? XO

@Niffler75 hey there girl, how goes it? Hope everyone is well by you and in good sprit its. Hugs.

@junebug17 hope the cleanup went well and everything is proceeding smoothly. Sending you lots of good wishes and hugs and hope you are having a nice week. Hugs.

@marcy yes ice cream is sweet. But honestly it is sweeter to see our friends all down the shore including Dave and Tom. Now we just have to see Jimmy but we haven't been cycling at the time he is around as he is getting a later start to opening during the day so that will have to wait. We ran into our good friends Jeanette and Les yesterday as they saw us cycling and chased us down in their car haha. More on that below. Yay to playing cards online yesterday with your friend. Good luck today with work in the office. Thinking of you and sending lots of good luck your way for a successful day. XOXO.

@TechieTechie thank you and I hope all continues to proceed well by you and that a successful house sale is made easily. Hope your AC is working and that you are staying cool. Hugs to you and Pumpkin. XOXO.

@Mamabean YAY!!! So happy Noah is here and the early bird gets that worm so he is well set. Sending all of you so many good wishes and big hugs. Nothing is better than a sweet newborn baby. (((HUGS))) grandma.

@Slick1 thank you for your amazing support despite all you are going through. Big hugs and much love and you continue to be in my thoughts. (((HUGS))).

@Scandinavian hope life is going well and hugs to all of you.

@sarahb thinking of you and hoping you are A OK. Hugs.

@Poodles4me life continues to be challenging in new ways. Hope all is well on your end and your DH is all recovered and you are doing well. Hugs.

@Keeliamira hi girl, how are your medical appointments going? I got a call yesterday canceling my rheumatology appt next week. They aren't yet opened for business and another telemedicine call won't work for what I need so I have to wait til July. Oh well. Hope you are getting what you need and feeling well. Hugs.

@Jimmianne love all your Sepkus rings. They look as if they were created for you. They suit you exquisitely. :love:

So we had a busy day yesterday. And on our way back home as we were cycling Les and Jeanette (our cycling friends at the shore) saw us and chased sun down in their car. They said they saw us the other day too but we were too fast for them even though they were driving a car haha. Anyway we social distanced and chatted with them for a long time and it was great. Really great seeing them. It does feel that much sweeter given that we have been isolated from seeing our friends and family.

Today is another busy day. Hoping all is going well for everyone and a big hi if I missed you above but know I am sending you lots of good wishes and hugs. All of you. XOXO.

Ice cream yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 7.11.48 AM.png

Love you ladies. Stay safe and be well.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! Thank you for all the happy wishes for my new grandbaby Noah. Hopefully I’ll get to see him close up through their glass window soon...It’s a weird time but we have to adjust. I keep hoping for a miracle that the virus fizzles out. I know they said it’s not possible but I can hope!
@missy I think about you every day even if I don't make it here..You guys go through so much and keep smiling and enjoy life. You’re both amazing..
I‘m sorry About Greg’s mom. That’s so wonderful that you both developed a good relationship and love each other.
Is your ankle feeling better? I’m happy you’re still able to go cycling..I love the flag that Greg made..
Dave sounds like such a nice man. I love that pic with them doing a social distancing hug. I need ice cream now. They looked delicious.
You’re so brave going out for appointments. I am overdue for my mammo but I isn’t go yet. My doctor told me I have to go in July..You’re so close to the person doing it...I’m so nervous about going. I also have to get a pneumonia shot in July.
@Austina It sounds like you are happy with your food deliveries...I’m actually waiting for my weekly Instacart order. I like that you can see what times they are shopping for in your list. You can substitute items if the ones you chose isn’t available. They have a chat feature too.
Any news on your bracelet? Are they able to take your credit card? I hope you can get it.
How’s Adam and Kim? I’m curious to know what meat they like the best frim Omaha Steaks? I like the 4 ounce hamburgers and chicken fried steak the best.The Caramel Apple Tartlets are so delicious..I just ordered more of them..Yum....
Thats great that you and Colin are getting along great during quarantine. Truthfully...Shatzie and I would make each other crazy. He can get very moody...He also doesn’t say much which is a problem..I kind of got over it because I know he loves me...but I do worry about when he retires...
As you can see I started this in the morning but decided to send it before I lose it....I can never get a whole post together...Sorry! XO
BBL..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Another lovely day here. We went for a walk to the meadows this morning, a place we used to take Dottie, it wasn’t too crowded, and when you park you walk through 2 gates and over a footbridge. As soon as we‘d get over the footbridge, Dottie would charge full pelt to the water and jump straight in. She loved it there :cry:

We came home and sat out in the garden, had lunch outside, and read. I set Colin up with Zoom as our local MP has a weekly chat and I thought he’d enjoy that while I did my Pilates class. I thought it was yesterday, so got all ready, only to check the dates and find out it was tonight :lol:

Honestly @Mamabean, Colin and I hardly spent much time together before he retired, he was always at work, or travelling for work. I used to laugh and tell people the secret to a happy marriage was to not spend time together. It’s been fine, and no problem being together 24/7 during the lockdown. I know your situation is different, because you have your mother living with you, and you still take care of David, but without the stresses of work, Shatzie may be a different man when he retires. So glad you’ll get to see Noah soon, even if it’s only through the window.

I know there are 2 pool builders near Adam, one’s KB Pools and I can’t remember the other, so a personal recommendation from you will be great. I have to admit I felt a bit sick after Pilates this evening, I often do, but it was really hot which I don’t think helped much. Everything‘s good here, which I’ll explain later.

How were things back at work today @marcy, was everyone back in the office?
What measures have they introduced to keep you all safe? When we were in Canada one time, we got a ticket after we got home. We could prove we weren’t in Canada at the time, we were in Boston, and sent hotel receipts and parking receipts, so goodness only knows how they got the car number.

Good score on the free bike fix @canuk-gal but oy to car problems, hope it’s not terminal.

Yes @bling_dream19 I got Bella and Marilyn out last week and have really been enjoying wearing them again. Isn’t it a great feeling decluttering and getting rid of things you don’t need?

Hopefully your PT has given you exercises you can carry on at home if you feel you want to @missy, but I understand about finding the time along with everything else going on. Have there been any CV cases at MIL’s assisted living place, if not, hopefully you could see her in the gardens at a safe distance soon? I hope it’s comforting you to know she’s in good spirits, a positive attitude always helps.

So the good news is that from Monday, we’re allowed to meet up to 6 people in our garden, so we can start seeing our friends again, and have them over for lunch at least, a little bit of normality back in our lives. It’s making it feel like things are on the up.

I’ve made a decision about the bracelet, I haven’t been feeling really excited about it, desperate to have it, so I’m going to pass on it. I just feel there’s something else out there, and I’m going to carry on looking.

Sending love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDI, even if I don’t mention you, I do think about you all and wish nothing but good things.

:wavey:

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TechieTechie, I like the pool you're considering! Great to float around in on a hot day. Clearing a house out is a lot of work and can be overwhelming, please take care and give yourself some breaks from it. I'm glad your knees are holding up. I"m wishing you lots of luck for a quick sale of your house.

@Bayek, thank you for the sweet words and good wishes on our stupid basement. Your energy and zest for life is contagious and your posts always cheer me up. Good to hear Auti is healing up nicely, sweet little thing. I'm really glad Chris is doing well and being careful, and glad he treated himself to NY pizza, so good!

@Daisys and Diamonds, I'm really sorry Melanie isn't doing well and I hope they can get her pain managed, must be so awful for her. I'm glad there's a bit of good news about her dhs job. And oh no to earthquakes, must have been scary for you. And I'm sorry you've been dealing with noisy and disruptive neighbors, you really don't need that on top of everything else right now.

@missy, so glad your mother is doing better. I'm really sorry to hear about your MIL though and I'm hoping for the best for her. So nice that you and Greg have been getting in some cycling and you are running into people you know - feels good to socialize, helps make things feel more normal. Sasha is such a sweetie!

@Niffler75 , good to hear your son is adjusting well to this virus situation. He's got a good mama to see him through!

@AV_, sounds like you had a rough time at the dentist and I'm sorry. Hope things are good with you.

@marcy, your drag racing story is hysterical! And Marty knows you too well lol. I'm glad you're getting your ring sized, it will make it much more enjoyable for you to wear it.

@Austina, it's good to hear Shirley seems to be doing pretty well. Great news on being able to get together with a few friends, it will give you some feeling of normalcy. Good for you for doing Pilates, it really is hard to get motivated these days. And sounds like a good idea to hold off on the bracelet if you're not feeling excited about it. Makes sense to wait until you find something that you just have to have!

@canuk-gal, so nice you're getting some cycling in. I agree, not much need to get gas very often these days, guess it's saving us money! Oh no to a warning light, hope it's nothing serious.

@bling_dream19 , your crab soup looks delicious! Love hearing about your yummy meals. Sounds like you're busy with work and handling it well but I hope things settle down for you soon.

@Jimmianne, love your garden and outdoor seating, just beautiful! The perfect spot for a French lesson. Your new band is stunning! It goes wonderfully with your other pieces. These Sepkus pieces look like they were made for you, they just look so perfect and natural on your hand.

@Slick1, thinking of you and sending comfort and love.

@Mamabean, I'm so happy things went smoothly for Allie and Noah, sounds like the hospital took every precaution. So happy for you and your family, although I know you are disappointed you can't be with them now. I'm so sorry you're dealing with a mystery leak, really frustrating and such a headache. We're blaming the sump pump but who knows.

Speaking of sump pumps, thank you all for the good thoughts and well wishes. Dh and I have been busy all week clearing out the basement. Plumber replaced the sump pump. He couldn't find any other cause so he's assuming the sump pump stopped working for a while. Cleaning crew was here today, taking down molding and sheetrock. Tomorrow they're removing the carpet and disinfecting.

Thinking of you all, and wishing everyone well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY lovely ladies!

@missy I think about you every day even if I don't make it here..You guys go through so much and keep smiling and enjoy life. You’re both amazing..
I‘m sorry About Greg’s mom. That’s so wonderful that you both developed a good relationship and love each other.
Is your ankle feeling better? I’m happy you’re still able to go cycling..I love the flag that Greg made..
Dave sounds like such a nice man. I love that pic with them doing a social distancing hug. I need ice cream now. They looked delicious.
You’re so brave going out for appointments. I am overdue for my mammo but I isn’t go yet. My doctor told me I have to go in July..You’re so close to the person doing it...I’m so nervous about going. I also have to get a pneumonia shot in July.

Aww thank you Joanne. Thanks for all your good wishes about my MIL and for us and the kitties too. You are a brave person and so generous and wonderful with your energy and time and love. It means so much to me to have you on my side. My ankle is still not right and probably if I rested it would get better faster but you know me haha. Dave is a great guy as is his DH Tom. They are super nice though they are generally antisocial but in that sweet way if you kwim. They can be salty but only with love lol. I am not so brave and I wish my rheumatologist wouldn't have canceled the appointment because I am anxious about getting on the OP meds I need but I get the reason why the appt is postponed again. So wait I shall and hope for the best. I wish you were here to enjoy ice cream with us. I never got a pneumonia shot but I want to get the flu shot when it is ready. I am not sure when that is though...in past years it is usually by August/Sept IIRC. How is the baby doing? I wish I could hug Noah in person and when you do see him make sure you tell him we send lot of hugs and kisses his way. And your way too. XOXO.

@Slick1 dear friend, Greg and I continue to send comforting vibes and gentle hugs your way. Thinking of you. {{{Hugs}}}. And thank you for your generous support and friendship.

@Austina that is a wise decision for sure if you aren't keen on the bracelet save the money for something that floats your proverbial boat so to speak. How nice that you can enjoy small gatherings again. Things are progressing and I am hoping no big rebound occurs. Beaches are open here and that concerns me but one day at a time and hoping our politicians use common sense and do what is necessary should the infection rate go up again. I believe they did have Covid 19 at my MIL's establishment but not in her section which is the independent living section but still it was there so not sure what/when things will be deemed safe enough to visit. The good thing (if there is a good thing about it) is that it is slow moving so it's not like we have to rush to say goodbye. Hoping we have years left and can see her more often once things calm down with Covid 19. Hope you have a nice weekend in store and sending you hugs and lots of love.

@junebug17 I am relieved things are proceeding well and the sump pump is in place and working now and that the cleanup is almost complete. I know it's a huge mess. During the Irene storm our power failed (before we got the generator) and our basement flooded because our sump pumps failed and it was a huge mess to clean up and fix. And what a relief when it was all good to go. Good luck with the carpet removal and disinfecting process today. Hope you have a happy weekend in store and sending you good wishes and lots of hugs.

@AV_ how goes things by you? Any updates to share with us? XOXO.

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky, how is Melanie doing? Keeping you all in my thoughts. Hugs.

@Bayek how did it go with the foundation people yesterday? Hugs to you Kate the very great and wise and wonderful. And hugs to Auti and the rest of your wonderful family too. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 it's FriYAY. Hope you are having fun and yay the work week is ending woohoo. Weekend plans? HUGS.

@marcy how did yesterday go your first day back at work? Thinking of you and hoping all went well. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

We had another fun cycling day after the chores were taken care of and Greg even went to Costco yesterday AM and got all our necessary supplies woohoo. We finally got more disinfecting wipes which have not been in stock there for a long while so very relieved about that. Then we went cycling and got caught in a little sprinkle but nothing too wet and all in all a wonderful riding day.

Leaving you with a photo from our ride. Awww. Love the wildlife all around us here and new babies being born all the time. Speaking of babies @Mamabean is it too early to think about Noah getting together with Auti @Bayek ? Too early for matchmaking or is that never too early? I mean 2 better families don't exist...just sayin 8)

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 6.43.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 6.45.31 AM.png

Hugs to everyone reading and hope all is going well.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am really stuck with work, moving 'it' between kitchen table [there will be fusilly & clams - not leats beacuse they take 15 min to do] & one of the bars [they are tentatively open & I am one of their many idiots.] Only noticed the beautiful news from @Mamabean last evening! Obviously, ought to catch up with life & there is little chance for days.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey: , all much of a muchness here!
We have been enjoying the weather as much as we can but going for walks in the morning before it warms up too much.
Pottering in the garden in the shade has been lovely and my seedlings are quickly growing into what should be a colourful wild flower display.
20200521_113546.jpg
@missy I feel like I missed some news about your MIL. If so I am really sorry. I am quite envious of your ice cream pics. Our fave ice cream place should be open soon. My son absolutely loves their bubblegum ice cream and the staff always give him extra wafers! :lickout:
@Mamabean I bet you can't wait to see Noah! I am so excited for you.
@marcy Hope going back to work was as smooth as possible. My husband may or may not be returning to work in a week or so, or his company may extend furlough. We are not sure yet.
@junebug17 I hope the clean up is going as well as can be expected!
@Austina How's things? Are you getting out more or keeping things the same? We are not currently changing anything we are doing, aside from getting out a bit more in the fresh air with no one about.
@Slick1 Keeping you in my thoughts, as I am with @Keeliamira @Daisys and Diamonds @mrs-b @Karl_K.

Take care everyone, will check in soon. x

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Good morning MIssy! we were up early and walking, it's hot here ugh. Thank you for your wonderful, sweet words Missy, when I think of you I get peaceful.. and I smile too ... lucky Kate and Missy. It was really wonderful that your friends chased you down Missy, and you guys had a long, nice chat and visit.. I miss being able to go to Mike and Cara's and go down to my bff Kath's house. It's our new normal I think though, social distancing, Texas is really starting to tick up with new cases due to the open kimono that our dumb governor has started but then again - more people will get the virus which will hasten in herd immunity, while many people die, it's still negligible compared to recovery, now I will die from it, no doubt, I have HBP and scarred lungs, but at some point we have to open up, I just think it's too soon. I hope they have a vaccine soon. I too hope your MIL is doing okay Missy, it's all so scary to have a health issue, be older and have to go to the doctors etc.. and YES you need the OP meds asap. Okay sweetie, the foundation went well as best as we can tell :) I plan on posting a few more pix today, my SILs and friends will wonder why the heck I'm posting this stuff, but I post so you all can see what and how it's going... what do you think about me posting here again (house pix).. I might because it's fun to watch I think, I like you guy's opinions on what is going on and my SILs will think i'm nuts I think (I'm sure they do anyway Missy !!!) and we will get Auti and Noah together in a few years! xoxoxoxoxo love you. (love your pix from today).. how's the furkids? everyone ok??? xxoxo

@Slick1 sending you a HUGE Kate hug and empathy to boot.. I'm so sorry Slick.. I know the feeling.. xoxoxoxo

@TechieTechie Greetings techie! where are you moving to? if you are in Texas right now it is HOT. I'll take snow any day over heat not so my husband :( and he was the one who ;shoveled and snow blew the driveway..

@Mamabean OOOH the beauty and sereness of wonderful Noah.. I'm so glad he's here and your DIL is fine. I know this damn virus makes it so hard to not want to hold our grand kids. Joanne, you WILL find retirement with a quiet, introspective husband, and yours is very very successful and he's used to being the 'boss'.. so he MAY boss you. John did this and while he was successful he wasn't used to being a big boss, just team leaders, 1stline manager and it was tough on me.. but everytime he bossed me I said "Yes Mein Furher!" and eventually I had to revolt! war! I won!!! so hopefully you won't have to experience ANY of this :) xoxoxo

@Austina Hi Austina, we have had such a hard last few years here in NIRDIs.. The loss can still be overwhelming for me and Daisy was set free in 13.. I still ache for her.. love my Salley, but miss my Daisy.. I am not a huge believer in a 'god' but maybe a feeling, being, something I believe is there, and I believe this 'being' allowed animals to exist for our love, care and luck to be part of its life.. Dottie was beautiful, perfect and I miss her too.. xo to you. Glad you did get out for a walk Austina. @Austina hopefully I will be able to recommend my pool builder, pool builders are always juggling people, money and problems.. lines cut, damaged fences, wrong tile, wrong plaster on and on, this company we are using has zero bad reviews, and he did a pool around the corner from us and they said he was slow but honest, so right now I'd recommend him, but it's better to wait till I'm through the hell of a pool build. Wonderful news that you and Colin can meet up with friends and have lunch come Monday!!! yahoo... hi to Colin! xoxoxox and as to the bracelet, you have to feel it I so understand that :) :

@junebug17 Hello June! thank you June, very very nice of you to say such nice things to me! I'm a lucky lucky lady, friends like you, Missy, Austina, Mamabean, all our NIRDIs! :)
Auti is fine thank you, she is so big! I mean she is like almost 24 lbs! Sorry for this whole mess in the basement June, glad you will have the new sump pump and it sounds like there will be no mold problems.. June, thank you again you Missy and everyone ALWAYS make me happy.. xoxoxoxoxo

chris za.jpg

okay Brooklyn Pizza!!! I miss it.. :) xoxoxo

@AV_ Hey! work busy? fusilli sounds perfect to me! xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 hey, hope all is well with you xoxoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds I sincerely hope all is going smoothly with you.. is the weather getting cooler as you are entering fall right??? xxoxoxo

@Niffler75 hola! hope the son and you all are having nice weather and all is good with you and your beautiful family! xoxox

@Calliecake Hey Callie! how's things with you and your nieces? miss you xoxoxoxo

@springerspaniel Hi Springer! hope you are doing well in your part of the woods! xoxoxoxo

@canuk-gal how's the weather and YOU! xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne are you done collecting these beautiful rings! I love them.. I am jealous ;-) but so happy you are wearing them, so dang unique.. miss you too! xoxoxoxo

@Scandinavian hi Scandi! how's the family? job? husband? furkids? your mom? grandmom? work? miss you! I know you are busy.. I remember those days sending you love! xoxo

all love to you all.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY friends! Yay it's FriYAY!!! :appl: :dance: :D:kiss2:
@missy me want to have to icecream with Missy! You know it girl, if we were at the apartment we'd meet you daily for some icecream! One of these days, I'm going to make homeade icecream again. I have a Kitchenaid icecream attachment and it's a big bowl that you have to freeze for 24 hours. I never have freezer space because I am always cooking and freezing lol! Really pretty seeing Bubbalah at the beach and on hikes. I'm loving your beach pics. Hope you're having a great day - sending you hugs and lots of love. Oh and yay for your hubby getting more supplies at Costco! A Costco day is always a happy day :D Oh and my friend and I were talking last night about bathrooms and travel and she talked me off the depends ledge. So we came up with a bathroom protocol! I'm sure you've done the same and I think it's fine lol but we had an laugh and I keep laughing when you said ew and lol.
@AV_ yum to fusilli you are always cooking up something delicious! Today our lunch is my homeade Maryland crab soup.
@Bayek how are you doing? I love morning walks too. Sounds like it's out of necessity - can't believe it's already so hot! You'll have to make some popsicles. Costco put out masks that cool your face - they are online! So happy you got to hug your granddaughter. I miss my sweet nieces. They got a rescue dog a couple of days ago and they are sooo happy! We do zoom calls and they are so happy. They are loving being home and they had been begging for a puppy and they are just so happy. Really funny about your hubby trying to be the boss in retirement and you had to clear that up.
@junebug17 how are you doing? I am so glad to hear your basement is getting cleaned up. What a pain to deal with but maybe you'll get new flooring? And that's always fun to do some updating :)
Love and hugs to all! Gotta get back to work.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Another glorious day here, if we didn’t have a big shade, I couldn’t sit outside. In the afternoon I stick my suncreamed legs out to take off the ghostly whiteness :lol:

We’re not doing too much different @Niffler75, we’re still not going supermarket shopping, and won’t feel comfortable going for quite some time. While we can still get deliveries, we’ll carry on doing that, in fact, we’re getting emails saying they’ve got slots for us oldies :lol: I don’t mind masking and gloving up to get fresh fruit from out supplier, he’s outside (in the church car park), and we can drive there, park and wait till no one else is around, so we might do that soon, otherwise we have to order quite a lot to get delivery, and sometimes, we just can’t get through it all. It’s nice to be able to drive to go for a walk and we’re enjoying being able to meet a friend and talk to someone else:mrgreen: Your little guy is getting big!

That’s good news that the plumber thinks it was the sump pump causing the problems and couldn’t find any other issues. Yep, the clean up is the worst part, but hopefully it’ll all get sorted soon and you can put this to bed and carry on enjoying your lovely home @junebug17. Does DH know when he’ll be expected back at the office?

Work life doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of slowing down for you @AV_ I hope you can get sometime for yourself over the weekend.

Aww what sort of doggie do your nieces want @bling_dream19 ? Have they been doing lots of research into different breeds, or are they thinking of a Bitsa (bitsa this and bitsa that :D)? I’m a firm believer in children being brought up with animals so they learn to care and respect a living being.

Good news that you’re all stocked up again @missy, I managed to get a couple of packs of anti bac wipes before this started, and then we got the liquid from Costco, so thankfully we’ve never been short. Our grass is looking like straw because we’ve had so little rain lately, I’m sure they forecast rain for this week, but it didn’t arrive. Glad you didn’t get too wet on your ride but I hear you on it getting busy at the beach. I really hope people behave sensibly and don’t start up a second wave, there or here. We seem to be over the worst, but will only maintain that if people keep social distancing. It’s totally doable, just need everyone to comply, What a relief there were no cases in MIL‘s part of the care home.

How was work @marcy? I was desperately looking out yesterday at the appointed time, hoping to see SpaceX on it’s way to the ISS, I thought I’d missed it only to read that the launch was cancelled because of the weather. Hopefully one of the windows over the weekend will see a successful launch. The ISS has been really visible here lately. Will you be looking out over the weekend?

So glad to see that work has started @Tekate, and keeping everything crossed it goes really smoothly. Do you have a timeframe for completion? Probably not the best time in terms of the heat for the builders, but I suppose they must be used to working in the Tx heat. Adam said it’s been really stormy there, we’ve just been FaceTiming with them, seems funny to see him in heavy clothes and us sitting here in T-shirt’s and shorts :mrgreen:

Gonna be another quiet weekend here, so what’s new? :lol:

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are keeping well and coping as best you can, sending you all a big virtual hug :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina Gosh I know, looking at pics of his lanky legs! He just won't stop growing. :shock: He looks more 'teenager' like as every week passes by. He will be in size 3 trainers in the next week or so and I am a size 4! o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results